Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #811
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Happy Memorial Day!

BF is still in bed hoping his migraine has passed.....
I had very strange dreams last night and coughed my head off - sinus drip again......took last zithromycin yesterday. Guess I will need to go back on the zyrtec.

Exercise was weird today: 2 10 minute kickbox segments (20 minutes); 3 rounds of sun salutations; moving meditation - probably a grand total of 35 minutes. Will be active today!

Breakfast is an Oh Yeah shake = 130 cals + coffee; rest of the day will be cheese stick, low sodium olives, maybe 1 chunk of watermelon, small burger or hot dog & some asparagus.

Funny, I love chocolate but not in shakes - I prefer vanilla. I am thinking since it is so hot here a shake-semi frozen at work for breakfast or lunch just might be the thing!

Today I need to vacuum and do bills, get gas in my car - may go to the grocery again.
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #812
Major LCF Poster!

So, didn't go quite as planned............
oh yeah shake and coffee
2 cheese sticks
peanuts
1 nathan's beef hot dog w/mustard
asparagus
coffee
dreaded brownie (they are all gone now)
york peppermint patty
Doing really well til the brownie........

But at least it's not carbs and cr$$$ all day long.
I went to Dillards - no shoes but I did get 2 T shirts, 1 skirt, 1 tank, 1 jacket, 1 top w/jacket attached. Liked them all - all for work.

Will try to go to bed early tonight so I can get up early and exercise!

Tomorrow I will try to have the shake in the am; cheese stick & olives for a snack; tuna for lunch; asparagus w/Oil & vinegar + parm for dinner + coffee in am and pm. Also going to try to drink some black tea during the day.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #813
Major LCF Poster!

Still strugglingggg.........not going into details just moving on

B/L=Detour Shake
D=?will be meat/green veggie
S=yogurt
and of course my 2 cups of coffee

Need to clean the house up today - I want to go to Whole Foods either tonight or tomorrow (probably tomorrow). I want scallops etc...a large container of fage........vitamins.....

Also need to go to Wal Mart some time this weekend. It shouldn't be too hot here this weekend for a change.

Still trying to find brown shoes...........

Exercise today will be Kathy Smith Rejueventics walk - can't remember if I like this one or not but I will do it anyway.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #814
Major LCF Poster!

Did pretty good today - had my coffee & shake for B/L and then dinner was a burger w/cheese at Houstons w/cole slaw - just a couple of forkfulls. then snack of yogurt and coffee. Had a really good day - but now bf has a migraine......oh well.

Exercise was not walking instead I did Richard Simmons 80s blast + 10 minutes of samba dancing + 12 minutes of turbo jam. So total was 50 minutes - I just felt I would be bored w/the the walking. Plus I vacuumed and cleaned up a little today.

Tomorrow I intend to do some at least 4 10 min solution segments some dancing some kickboxing - plus callanetics - the next evolution.

I really enjoyed the shake - especially after working out. I am thinking that tomorrow may be another shake for B/L and then surf & turf for dinner - salmon and steak + asparagus then a snack of yogurt and of course my coffee. I want to go to Whole foods to get some scallops and yogurt. Otherwise all I have to do is paperwork/bills & wash my hair.

I went to WalMart to day and got 2 summer dresses: 1 is gauze and it was 14.00 the other is a crepe (for work) and it was 16.00 - I'll wear that one w/my Talbots black jacket to work on Tuesday (meeting). I need to figure out the jewelry......

Oh I also read this month's Womans World magazine article on reservatrol so I picked some up at Walgreens - it was hard to find - none at WalMart or KMart or CVS. I'll start it tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #815
Major LCF Poster!

The dog woke me up @6:45am, barking, she was hungry - at first I was angry but then I was so happy to be able to see she is hungry and healthy for now after all she has been through. I gladly rolled out of bed to feed her.

I have had my coffee and exercised - one of the self dvds w/Ellen Barret - 43min & I was sweating. I am cooling off and then will eat eggs this morning, then it's off to Whole Foods. Later will be bills/hair/nails. Hoping BF's migraine is over today. He only had to take the 1 percocet last night along w/the mild muscle relaxer the neurologist prescribed. Spoke to my brother last night, he is having a really bad time w/this divorce - I wish I could make it better for him....
Old 06-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #816
Major LCF Poster!

Not feeling well - stomach is acting up again. BF is out of town and work is horrendous - I am not eating on plan but I am not eating much at all - soup, grits, crackers, cheese. Hoping this will end soon so I can get back to more protein and my exercise. It's weird because I also have been having major allergy attacks and have had to take the zyrtec again - wonder if this has anything to do w/the stomach. For now I will stick to the soup, yogurt, cheese...
Old 06-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #817
Major LCF Poster!

Today: Kathy Smith Rejeuvenation Walk: 30 minutes + Carribean Workout - lower body pilates

Food:
Cream Cheese
Coffee
Yogurt
Old 06-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #818
Major LCF Poster!

Last night I had a hamburger for dinner.

Today:
Exercise: Turbo Jam 20 min w/o + 8 rounds of sun salutations
B=coffee + 1 egg + 1 slice cheese
S=1 tsp coconut butter

Today I have to work on some files I brought home to get ready for my meeting tomorrow. I also have to boil eggs. I am trying to decide if I want filet, brisket or salmon for dinner???? Will have asparagus with the one I choose..........
Old 06-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #819
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch was a cheese stick. Then mid afternoon got really bad stomach pains & felt I needed to eat something like bread. I ate mini crackers and it helped.
4:30pm I took my prilosec and at 5:15 I had brisket and sweet potato - feel over full now. Oh and coffee.

That's it for the night for me. I wish I could get my stomach straight - I plan on starting JUDDDD tuesday.

I feel really tired today - like I could just fall asleep right now. Tonight is Mob Wives, Tough Love NO and the New Jersey Housewives.

Tomorrow is a really busy day for me - meetings all day and 1 employee is out for the week on vacation.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #820
Major LCF Poster!

Today:
Exercise: 2mile walk
Food:
coffee
1eggw/shreddeed cheddar
6 oz filet (outback)
mixed veggies
coffee
2oz cream cheese w/splenda
Old 06-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #821
Major LCF Poster!

Today:
Exercise: Joan Lunden's cardio + another old cardio /toning video total: 45 Min.
Food:
coffee x 2
Atkins shake
cream cheese 1 oz
Bacon/lettuce/swiss/mayo
dark chocolate (small)
yogurt
Old 06-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #822
Major LCF Poster!

No exercise today - I have to stop this - I am obsessed about getting to work super early. Tommorrow I promise myself I will exercise.

Diet went downhill today..
Yogurt
2 string cheese
1/2 can lemon dill tuna
coffee
6 mini hersheys with almonds
scoop tuna
2 T 1/3 less garden veggie cream cheese + celery
coffee
coconut butter
Old 07-04-2012, 05:13 AM   #823
Major LCF Poster!

So, an update: I have lost 7lbs!! Watching calories and keeping them below 1000 and exercising daily - Monday will be 2 weeks and I am hoping I get to 10lbs gone by then. Now I have not been at work since Friday (vacation) and have stayed relatively calm. Tomorrow I go back to work and it promises to be HORRID - the other underwriter quit while I was out so everything will fall on me. They also most likely will not fill the position due to an earnings issue - great........I will try to stay calm and just do what I can.

I can't say that I am low carbing at induction levels but I am watching the carbs and trying to keep them low - hard boiled eggs, string cheese, yogurt are staples in the diet. Today will be either a hot dog or burger, yogurt, string cheese - not sure what else. It seems to agree with me and I am liking how my body is reacting and feeling. I am taking the zantac - 1 at night instead of the prilosec and I feel much better doing that as well. I am loving exercising again but this old body is hurting!! I know I cannot keep up the exercise once I go back to work but I will shoot for either 15 minutes in the am and 15 min in the pm or 30 minutes every other day with 45-60 on the weekends.

Losing weight again feels so good - just hope it continues.............
Old 07-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #824
Major LCF Poster!

Maintaing the loss since Thursday - wish it would have continued, but I am not going off it - I think that starting Monday I will seriously try JUDDD and see what that does since it is so difficult to maintain 700 - 900 cals every day. Also, Thursday and Friday was no exercise so I will get back on that this weekend and really try to do at least 15 mins every morning to start. It is so busy at work w/losing an underwriter and due to earning being low they may not hire another. I underwrote 19 files in 2 days. I can't keep that up it is very tiring.......my eyes were burning from the computer screen 12 hrs per day.

They put the kitchen cabinets in the house - it's almost time to start packing for the move - I figure, the end of August which means I have to give notice to my Landlord - I am dreading the actual act of moving but hopefully it is for the last time.

It is really hot here and water retention has been a real problem. I have to increase my fluids.

Today:
Austin Dance Video + LB
Atkins shake
cheese stick
yogurt
burger
2 coffees
maybe a couple of pieces of watermelon

Will do a down day tomorrow
Old 07-08-2012, 06:09 AM   #825
Major LCF Poster!

Down .8 today
Exercise - not sure yet. I woke up in the middle of the night w/terrible sinus drainage - that's the second time in a week that has happened, praying I am not getting sick since I have no help at work. BF had a migraine last night and the meds have really knocked him out which is very unusual and he is still sleeping - 12hrs!

Food:
coffee x 2
yogurt
BLT no bread
chicken thigh and asparagus
small yogurt

Have to pick up in house, do hair & nails, prepare food & clothes for week ahead, get gas in car.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #826
Major LCF Poster!

I think I probably have maintained - will weigh in on Monday morning......keeping my fingers crossed. Stress at work is horrible and it is affecting my stomach again - I am having the heartburn and pain again despite taking the Zantac. It has typically been at night but now I am getting it all day. I may have to go back on the Prilosec and I really do not want to..............I am going to take the zantac tonight and try and eat very lightly tomorrow and see what happens.
Today wasn't too bad food wise:
2 coffees
yogurt w/protein powder and peanut butter
1/2 grilled cheese
yogurt

Not as low as I would like to be calorie or carb wise but it is what it is and the grilled cheese was the only thing I felt I could tolerate this evening.

Exercise was really good
30 minute method dvd flex band cardio then 10 minutes of Taebo so 40 minutes total. Oh and 10 minutes Chicometrics (like callanetics).

Plan for tomorrow is :
walk for 40 minutes and do the Golden chicometrics dvd
Food:
coffee
Oh yeah shake-vanilla
salmon and asparagus
yogurt
remember to drink more water.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #827
Major LCF Poster!

Exercise: Barfoot Cardio + 10 minutes other dvd (cardio)=55 minutes; worked up a sweat

Food:
coffee + small OH Yeah shake
not sure what else yet - either Brisket (out) or salmon + asparagus. Most likely will have a yogurt as well.

I ca already feel the burning starting in my stomach - last night the zantac worked along w/a tums. I am going to give this a couple of more days and if it continues I will have to go back on the Prilosec - ugh!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #828
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Alessandre
Stats: 200/169/112
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: June 2012
I'm new here and just discovered your journal. That you have stuck with it for so long - as well as your amazing weight loss - is very inspiring!

Hope your stomach is feeling better.
Alessandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #829
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Alessandre and I wish you much success with you plan!

Ended up having Brisket and sweet potato & yogurt. Also macadamia nuts and pecans (probably too many). Stomach is feeling okay. I bought 75mg of zantac and plan on taking the twice per day to see if that helps after I finish the 150mg ones. I have to take one in a couple of hours.

I will pray tonight that God gives me the strength to get up out of bed and exercise tomorrow morning!! I really want to start doing that in the morning and going into work later. I have brisket left over for lunch tomorrow and I will bring a couple of cheese sticks and a yogurt - that should see me through the day.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #830
Major LCF Poster!

Been a while - have been struggling again due to all the stress in my life. I have not weighed and I know I am up - don't think I have gained it all back maybe just a few lbs. Back on track.

Finally moved the office so I will get to sleep later and exercise in the mornings - so happy about that. Huge help to me to lose weight and eliminate some stress.

Still not moved into the new house - not finished yet and this is stressing me out because I need to give notice here since I cannot afford both notes.

BF's headaches have still stayed to around 1 a week which is great. My stomach issues seem to be okay so long as I stay on the 75mg Zantac at night. I went from 2 Prilosecs per day to 1 per day to 150mg Zantac at night to 75mg Zantac at night. I tried not taking one last night and I woke up with MAJOR stomach pain and nausea @1am. Tried the tums - did not work. Had to get up and take the Zantac - then I was fine.

Got my hair cut and colored yesterday - I like it okay. I don't think I will be thrilled with my appearance at all until I lose at least 20 lbs.

Today's Plan:

Exercise for 45 minutes - not sure what yet - probably walk
B=yogurt
L=slice swiss in lettuce leaf w/turkey bacon and mayo
D=Mrs Paul's fish in parchment and asparagus
2 coffees

Want/need to go to Wal Mart to get a very small ionizer for the new office because I know I will have allergy & sinus issues getting used to a new environment. Also some Febreze air freshener or Glade.........something.

Then I have a lot of paperwork and work in general to do as well as bills - so Ihave to get it in gear...........
Old 07-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #831
Major LCF Poster!

So far, completed exercise - did 15 minute walk then 35 minute body groove cardio dance (luv!), broke a little sweat! Then had a protein shake. Getting ready to write rent check, get gas and go to WalMart.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #832
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in - finally exercised in the morning before work!!! 25 minutes of kettlebells. And still had extra time! Still got to work about 20 minutes early. It was so nice getting up an hour later!! I don't feel exhausted. Of course nothing worked right - no email, no printer, no phone, no scanner..........then I had a 4 hr meeting. Needless to say I am really behind in my work. So, I will still get up at 6am tomorrow and exercise but I will then dress and leave and eat my breakfast there. I should be able to catch up tomorrow so I can to back to getting there later. Very exciting for me and the ability to exercise in the morning again should be a huge help in losing weight.

Food today was okay - couple of cheese sticks, yogurt w/peanut butter, 1/2 small burger, 2 coffees, mini crackers, couple of mints. That's about it -again, not low carb but low in calories. Will do better as I get control over my work and new work space.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #833
Major LCF Poster!

Bumping for later. Had my coffee and now will do theFirm's Time Crunch - oldie but goodie.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #834
Major LCF Poster!

Good day yesterday. Still having health and stress issue challenges, but trying to work through them. Terrible thunderstorms today and the dog is scared - stuck to me like velcro. As soon as she calms down I will exercise. Not sure yet what I will do....but it will be for 1hr. We have started packing - the house is finishing up quickly now. Made the office move from downtown to the suburbs and it is great - fast drive time, nice office. Still extremely busy at work with little to no time to even eat lunch so food is still a challenge due to the stress and workload.

The weekend coming up is a bachelorette party for my friend's daughter and we will be attending on the gulf coast. Should be fun, and I got my clothes ready - but would really like to lose a few pounds to feel more comfortable in them so I am starting today w/the infamous 3 day diet, modified.

Today 60 min exercise
B=1T pb + coffee
L=1T (low carb) + 3oz tuna
D=Tilapia + asparagus + yogurt (instead of the ice cream) + coffee
Old 08-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #835
Major LCF Poster!

So, here is how the day went:
Exercise: 65 minutes Advanced 5 mile Walk w/Leslie Sansone
B=1 T pb + coffee
L=1 melba toast + 3 oz tuna + 1 tsp mayo
D=brisket +1scoop of sweet potato + asparagus + yogurt + coffee

Not bad

BF has a migraine. We went to the house and they laid the wood flooring!!! Looks great! We are getting very excited!! Problem is it is very very dusty in the house and BF is getting sinus problems and migraines every time he goes into the house. He needs to stay out until it is done and cleaned out.

Another week of work and I will make sure I make time to exercise daily this week for at least 30 minutes or longer everyday. Also need to make a hair appt for Friday morning and calls about the house......
Old 08-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #836
Major LCF Poster!

BF still has a migraine..............
I exercised!! 28 min cardio (mag rack-tv)
B=coffee = 2 cheese sticks
L=tuna in OO + 3 sm melbas
D=grits w/cheese (should have fixed the fish - will do it tomorrow)
coffee/yogurt

Plans for tomorrow:
B=T PB + coffee
L=Tuna 1/2 can + 2 melbas
D=fish + asp + sm yogurt + coffee

Exercise: Will try to do the Time Crunch video of the Firm. Or 3 mile walk - will see how I feel..........
Old 08-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #837
Major LCF Poster!

Diet has been shot to heck between the Bachelorette Party weekend and coming home to deal with now Hurricane Issac - I am not afraid of the storm, although it does promote much anxiety. I am afraid of losing power for a prolonged period and having to leave to go somewhere else. I am getting too old for all of this.

Right now after 2 days of preparation I am just sick - head hurts, stomach hurts, concerned my BP may be high or I am getting a stomach bug. I hope we can survive the storm.

It is 5pm here and it is a little windy and rainy - looks deserted from my second story apartment window. Hoping my new house does not sustain any damage..........this storm probably put us back 2 weeks from completion.

So tired....so much stress.........too many decisions lately........too many people to take care of and no time to take care of me.

Guess I will have some chicken soup soon and hope I am not getting sick during this storm.

I am praying for everyone's safety.

Last edited by Debbi; 08-28-2012 at 03:00 PM..
Old 09-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #838
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, finally back home from the Hurricane. Power but no cable. Just gratefull for the electricity. I am so tired and there is so much clean-up to do. And I feel sick - yesterday I felt like I had something stuck in my throat for about an hour - then it went away but my throat was sore - still is, but not really quite a real sore throat - I do feel really achey and feverish and tired though. Will see how I do today - may go to an urgent care if they are open later or tomorrow.

Everything is so upside down right now, I can't think about exercise - I will get that in by cleaning up post Issac. So, clean up today and bills tonight. Most likely soup is on my menu with this throat and some yogurt if I can find some at the grocery. No work all week due to the storm so that means lots of pile up on Tuesday. I may try to go in tomorrow and catch up - depends on how I feel.

My throat scared me so much yesterday that we left the hotel without checking out once we learned we had power. It is already paid and non refundable so we have the room through tonight. We will most likely go back tonight and check out or maybe just call.

BF was sick through the whole Hurricane - bad migraines, most likely brought on by stress and the excessive heat - house got up to 80 with no air circulation at all, before we left. So, that meant I had to do everything, prepare for the hurricane, find reservations, pack, load, unload, unpack, pack up , load, unload, unpack - I feel like a pack mule. I am way too old for all of this .........my friend picked me up from the hotel yesterday because I forgot the dog's canned food to put her medicine in and that is when we discovered we had power. So, we ran some errands and then I went back to the hotel to stay for the night when the whole throat issue happened - it scared me so much that all I could think about was I did not want to die in that hotel room! I just wanted to get us all home and then I would to the hospital if it did not clear up. Thank God it did! Now I have not had anything to eat since that happened so we'll see what happens when I do eat. It will be soft foods for today.

Tasks for the day: Clean out the fridge/mop/vaccum/grocery/hotel/bills. Hope I can manage it all today so I can rest tomorrow and Monday.

Last edited by Debbi; 09-01-2012 at 08:35 AM..
Old 09-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #839
Major LCF Poster!

Done for the day - really tired. Did everything except mop and bills - will do that tomorrow. Grocery stores are horrid - really long lines and people fighting - same for gas stations. Most places still do not have power and those that do have long lines and are running out of gas and groceries. Hardly any restaurants are open. Fast food places that are open have extremely long lines - stop lights are not working - just like post Katrina minus the flooding (praise the Lord). Entergy needs to get its act together - the President of Jefferson Parish is furious - said there were hundreds of Entergy trucks sitting idle in a parking lot at 6:30 am this morning while hundreds of thousands of people and businesses have no power. He wants to fine them to the maximum extent of the law and end their monopoly - YIPPEE!! That is what really needs to happen to get decent customer service - competition. Throat is a little better. Had some chicken soup that was not very good - organic - will go back to Campbells........Still no TV/Cable even though cable guy came out - he said power is good to the house but it is not going to the main box - that is another guy that has to come out - that may be another 3-5 days - seriously???????? Why wouldn't they send a team out to locations - unbelievable. I will just call them every day til it is fixed. Cox Cable New Orleans - dial a New Orleans phone number and get some jerk in East Ohio - asking me if I am aware there are outages from a Hurricane - I asked him if he was aware he was an idiot - I hate this part of the storm...........tomorrow will be a better day I am sure.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #840
Major LCF Poster!

BF has had a migraine now since Monday - hopefully it is gone today. Throat is still sore and dry, hoping it is not sore throat. Have to go pay the storage building rent today and check on the house. I want to exercise but maybe later - still feel really achey and tired.
Diet for today: Yogurt/tuna/coffee

Will report back later...............