Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #781
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
VACATION!!! Short one but I am going to make it a good one!!

Did 45 minutes of cardio this morning. Went w/BF looking at recliners, answered some emails, went to the grocery.

Coffee & 2% Fage this morning
Chicken tonight
2 dark chocolate mints
Coffee

I feel like going some where - not sure where exactly! But I don't want to get myself in trouble with buying things I shouldn't so I guess I will stay home.

Got a call from our builder today that they have discontinued our flooring. However they have upgraded us to the other flooring line and it has more choices. So, we have to go tomorrow to pick out the wood flooring.

Good Friday tomorrow so I will probably just have coffee and a protein shake then eat a seafood supper. I am going to try to do the Jillian Michaels Kickbox video tomorrow - looking forward to it!
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #782
Major LCF Poster!

Lost everything I just typed...........Basically, no sleep at all - up w/dog sick all night until we brought her to the vet at 2am - we got home at 4am and $340.00 less in our pockets. Now all day she has bloody diarrhea and trying to get the pills down her is almost impossible.

No exercise/food was not good choices but not high calories either.

Hoping tonight and tomorrow are better than today!

I was on the phone w/my brother very late last night - the waco wife is getting worse and worse - she is constantly texting him accusing him of moving her things from 1 side of her drawer to the other side and taping a note onto another note that she wrote. He hasn't even been in the house all week since she said she needed to be alone. He has to get his medication that he must inject every Friday for his Hep C cure and he cannot miss it, so he is going to call the Police to go with him to get it so she can't accuse him of anything. She agreed in the morning to go to counseling and then she called shrieking that she wanted a divorce. I feel so bad for him, he is such a good person and has given up so much for her and loves her deeply. He even severed his friendship w/his long time best friend because she did not like his friend's wife. It is really very sad. I hope my Mom and Dad are looking out for him during this. I just pray that he stays safe and healthy through all of this. I did convince him to speak to his law partner and tell him what is going on in case something happens - at least someone there will know the story since I am so far away.

Last edited by Debbi; 04-06-2012 at 03:55 PM..
Old 04-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #783
Major LCF Poster!

Doggie is still having diarrhea and now she won't eat at all = Vet says most likely because I have been putting the pills in the food. She finally took the Flagyl in cheese and then I had to force 1/2 of imodium down her throat. She will not eat chicken and rice at all. I bought cottage cheese and macaroni - after my hair appointment I will buy some ground beef and cook that tonight with rice for her. Vet ok'd all these foods. She is drinking water, not a lot but some.

The vacation time I had planned to rest and do things for myself as usual has back- fired. It has been extremely stressfull so far.

At least today I got about 30 minutes of exercise in - breakfast was coffee & 2% fage. Had a skinny cow bar a little while ago. Probably will not eat until after my hair appointment. I plan on making meatloaf tonight for me and cooking hamburger for the dog w/rice. I also plan on going through more clothes tonight and getting rid of things.

Just home the dog recovers soon.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #784
Major LCF Poster!

My brother's situation has gotten worse & my sweet dog is in the hospital(dehydrated from the stomach bug she has) & my BF leaves tomorrow (Easter). So much for the relaxing few days off. I really just don't know what to do any longer. Surely I have to get a break sooner or later. I wil continue to try to relax tomorrow - good exercise/cleaning/cemetary/very strict eggs & protein diet for 2 days. Sure hope I can at least do that.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #785
Major LCF Poster!

Although the day has been said - I am concentrating on accomplishing some things I have wanted to for a while now.

BF left at 6:30 am. I called the Vet and poor Sophie is still having bloody diarrhea - she did eat a little chicken this morning though, so that's good. I want to go see her so bad, but I know that if I go, she will be so so worked up and upset when I leave that it will just agitate her more and upset her system even more. I am just praying that the diarrhea clears up soon so we can take her home.

Got in a 50 minute walk this morning.
Breakfast was 0% fage with 1/8 cp of Kelloggs granola
Lunch/Dinner was meat loaf I made myself.
I am going to have a coffee shortly and later on I wll have a small yogurt w/1 T of dark choco chips.

I went to the grocery, bought flowers and went to the cemetary. Went to Kmart, stopped and put gas in my car. Cooked my meatloaf and vacuumed and mopped. Plan on cleaning out some clothes in a little while.

My brother met w/a divorce attorney and got some good advice. Praying for him and my doggie.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

Vacation is over - last day - did not feel like much of a vacation. Dog is still in the hospital, but the Vet told me this morning she is doing better. She still has diarrhea but it is not bloody any longer and she is eating chicken. Got a call a little while ago from BF's sister. He is in the hospital with a bad migraine. They are supposed to be coming home tomorrow - I sure hope so since the dog should be coming home tomorrow as well. And I have to go to work - it is my first day back after vacation. I am really trying not to get too stressed or too upset, but I am so tired of all this, I just want to get in my car and drive away and never come back!! But, I don't know where I would go!!! Oh well........I did not feel very well myself today but I amsure it is all the worry. I am going to bed early tonight. Had yogurt w/1 T of granola this morning and meatloaf for lunch. Had a peppermint patty. Coffee. I think I will probably just have a couple of slices of cheese for dinner. Not really hungry. I did exercise but not for long - just was not that into it. Got maybe 20 minutes in. Had a headache but I took a zyrtec (felt like sinus headache) and it went away. Have not heard from my brother today but I know he is busy at work - hope he is okay.

Tomorrow I will try to exercise before going to work. They are changing lots of processes and procedures this week at work and I have training twice this week. It will be very busy - and Bf's daughter, son in law, grandson, and another couple are coming to town on Friday. They want us to watch the baby on Saturday - I have never changed a diaper in my life! I love the baby but I like my week ends to relax too. BF did not do anything the last time the baby was here, but he better step up and do something this time.

I am not really that worried about my diet this week - I am doing much better even though I am still eating some things I shouldn't, I am not eating nearly as much quantity. I feel good that my eating will continue to improve.

I need to focus on remaining calm and control what I can and let the rest go.
I also need to focus on exercising more this week.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #787
Major LCF Poster!

update on my dog Sophie: She did come home from the hospital on Tuesday - and progressively go worse again cost was $995.00. She is now back in the hospital and has been diagnosed w/intestinal lymphoma. I am so upset - she is like my child. Not really sure what they are going to do - except to try to get her to eat again and calm down the inflammation w/steroids(low dose). It has been a horrendous week - I was up all night the last two nights cleaning up dog vomit and diarrhea and trying to get her to take her meds and eat and drink. Then yesterday my boss told me I had to give training to executive management today - it turned out okay but my stress levels are through the roof and I am just exhausted. Now my BF's grandson is coming in town and we will be babysitting Saturday. I am really not up to this. I want to go visit my dog tomorrow and go to church. I am just so sad and tired. I was checking out at the grocery and the bagger told me "M'am you look really tired". I said I really am............trying not to feel so defeated - hopefully I can shake this off by tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #788
Major LCF Poster!

BF's Grandson came over and spent the day with us yesterday - it was wonderfull and exhausting!! Of course BF had a migraine last night!!

Lots to do today - Have to prepare for training again tomorrow and vaccuum the carpets. Sophie is coming home today - she is responding to the steroids but we don't know what will happen once she is off them again - or what will happen w/the other auto immune disease she has - if she has another bad flare up when she is off the steroids then it is definitely lymphoma. Praying this does not happen. Bf's grandson and daughter, son in law and other family will be coming over today before they leave to say good bye - I am going to try not to be here - I will most likely leave and go get Sophie at that time so BF can have some alone time with them.

30 minutes exercise today
B=yogurt + coffee
L= slice low sod ham wrapped around a cheese stick
D=????
Old 04-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #789
Major LCF Poster!

Tough tough week - so glad it is over Praying next week is better. Diet was shot, exercise too, but tomorrow is a new week - onward and upward.

Today:
40 minute walk
B=pineapple (5 pcs) + 2% fage + 1/8 cup Kelloggs granola
L=dark chocolate/coffee
D=slice roast/slice swiss/tsp mayo/coffee
S=cream cheese

will see what tomorrow brings -
Old 04-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

Today:
Exercise: Gilad fit tv episode 2 + Denise Austin Fatblasting Yoga - Cardio segment
B=coffee + Oh Yeah Vanilla shake (small)
S=cream cheese & cinn & chocolate
S=popcorn crackers from Whole Foods
D=0% fage + 1 very thin sl roast beef w/1/2 slice swiss + 1/2 tsp mayo + coffee

Went inside my house today - some things I am not happy about - that cannot be changed, some minor changes that can be corrected. Pretty pleased so far. They should be doing the sheetrock next - as soon as they correct some of the electrical box placements.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #791
Major LCF Poster!

Home sick today - I did not take my Prilosec Friday, Saturday or Sunday because I am trying to get off it. I was fine until last night - burning, stomach pain and upset. This morning I felt really nauseated etc. Took the Prilosec and I am feeling a little better so that must be it. I really want off this medicine.......

Foods today will be bland - water, soup, grits, scrambled eggs, yogurt. So far I have not eaten anything and stomach still doesn't feel quite right. Back to square 1 -
Old 04-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #792
Major LCF Poster!

Felt better earlier - able to walk 1 mile -easy Walk w/Denise Austin. Got reallly tired and fell asleep for a little while. Had some yogurt, a ginger snap thin, cheese stick, chocolate mint. Now I have a pain in my stomach all the way to my back. Just took another Prilosec and in 30 mins will have some grits or some soup and a really weak coffee. Early bedtime - hope nobody calls me............

I should be okay to go to work tomorrow. Will plan on yogurt in the morning and tuna for lunch or soup and then soup or eggs for dinner. Snacks will be cheesesticks & ginger snap thins - still keeping it light. Starting Friday I will try taking the Prilosec every other day. I still want to get off the medicine.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

Another rough night last night w/bad stomach cramping - and I could not stop thinking about work which is unusual for me. My heart felt like it was racing. I finally put the heating pad on my lower stomach and it eventually started to help and I fell asleep - once I settle down again I am going to do the Prilosec every other day.

Food was good but took a nose dive today - back on now though.

Had to go get a RX refilled so I stopped at Wendy's because BF wanted a burger from there - I just really do not like them, I spit out the bite I took and threw it away. Ate my yogurt instead.

It will be another busy rush rush day tomorrow at work - not looking forward to it but at least the next day is Friday!!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #794
Major LCF Poster!

Stomach seems to have finally settled down. Dog is doing well and we are going to 1/2 predisone every other day starting tomorrow. Weight is horrible I am sure - will not weigh. BF continues to have lots of migraines. House is coming along slowly. Brother is on retreat and is having good & bad days as expected. I was offered a promotion at work and will learn the compensation this week - excited and scared.

I decided to try something different and enter my committments for the day in the morning and then what I accomplished in the evening.

Today's Committments:
Food: Eggs/Bacon/Meat/Yogurt - nothing else
Exercise: 40 minutes of Cardio
Old 04-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #795
Major LCF Poster!

Todays accomplishments:
Exercise: 50 minutes
Food: Didn't quite work out but did better than I have been doing
B=1Egg + bacon 2 strips + coffee
L=cream cheese+ 7 pita chips
D=crab cake (at home) + coffee
1/2 brownie + 2 pcs dark chocolate

Will re-commit tomorrow - hopefully I will do better.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #796
Major LCF Poster!

Today's committment:
Exercise: Firm "Hare" + extra cardio
Food: Egg/Cream cheese/Chicken/asparagus/fat/yogurt

BF is in the 3rd day of a bad migraine - 5 percocets in 24hrs and nothing is helping. Now we are trying sinus medicine to see if it helps. I am not going to the hospital on a JazzFest weekend - NO WAY. It is so depressing and stressfull to live with a chronically ill person.....if I were not building this house and my brother wasn't in the middle of a terrible divorce and I wasn't getting a promotion to an even more stressfull job and if my dog wasn't suffering from lymphangioma - I would tell BF to leave.............but, I do love him and I do need the little bit of help he gives me right now. Although, if my raise is big enough - I can get a maid.

I will not get upset or depressed today and I will not eat my emotions.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #797
Major LCF Poster!

Accomplishments today:
Exercise: Firm Hare + 20 min Jazz dance segment = 70 min
Washed hair/painted nails/grocery/got gas in my car
B= 1 egg scrambled w/1tsp butter + coffee
L=cream cheese/dark chocolate
D=small burger (made at home (ground sirloin)) + 1 tsp mayo + coffee

Still have to boil eggs and cook chicken legs for the week.

Goals for next week:
Foods to eat: eggs/chicken legs/ground beef/bacon/tuna/good fats/yogurt/cheese/lettuce/asparagus - Nothing Else

Exercise for the week:
Minimum: 10 minute PW daily (I have a busy week ahead and that's all I can commit to - but hope to do better)

Plan for Monday:
Exercise : 10 min PW
B=hard boiled egg + LC cheese wedge + coffee
S=chicken leg
S=chicken leg
D=small burger + mayo + coffee
Extra if needed: yogurt
Old 04-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #798
Major LCF Poster!

okay, typical Monday - tail wagging the dog!

Woke too late to exercise, but got a lot of walking in at work.
Food was not as planned:
cheese stick
protein bar
dark chocolate
cheese/crackers
mini burger
artichoke
chicken leg
2 coffees

The crackers and cheese were the worse..........it happened when I was extremely stressed at work - oh well, it's out of the way and it won't happen again this week.

Tomorrow:
committment:
20 minute walk
B=Egg/cheese
L=Tuna
D=chicken legs
S=Yogurt
Old 05-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #799
Major LCF Poster!

Did not follow anything today - horribly busy, very stressfull

Watching Biggest Loser - so inspirational!!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

Very interesting week! Good and Bad - BF is still suffering migraines which continues to depress me and I still cannot seem to stick to a diet due to all the stress eating I am doing. I did receive a promotion this week!!! Credit Manager and I am now an AVP with 3 weeks vacation and a huge pay raise!!! Now I just need to perform well !!! I am very happy about this but naturally concerned that I may not perform up to their expectations..........I will be doing lots of praying!!

Back on plan today
Debbie Rocker Interval walk = 55 min + 12 min Denise Austin Athletic Cardio workout.
B=1T peanut butter (no sugar or salt) + 1 coffee
L=Tuna fillet in olive oil
D=burger w/mayo + coffee
Snack=piece of dark chocolate

Bills to pay today and errands to run!!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #801
Major LCF Poster!

Today's Goals:
Kickbox/yoga
Eggs + coffee
Brisket + asparagus
Cheese stick + few nuts
Maybe yogurt

More errands + bills + prepare for work!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #802
Major LCF Poster!

Today's goals: 40 min cardio
eggs/bacon/yogurt/meat & green veggie/coffee
Old 05-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #803
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Congrats on the promotion, Debbi! How exciting for you!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #804
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Verbqueen!!

Today's goals:
40 min exercise
eggs/meat/coffee/veggies/mac nuts

I can't believe it has been 10 yrs since my Mother has been gone - I miss her every day! Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and all others! Enjoy Today!
Old 05-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #805
Major LCF Poster!

My life is still in constant Chaos and high levels of stress with no signs of letting up - but I am still going to continue to give this my best shot. I have been sick for the last week with a sinus infection and am on a zpak - house is still under construction - new job is super high stress, but gratefull for the job and the raise - BF is still battling migraines that we are trying to get under control - brother is going through a really bad divorce w/a paranoid schizophrenic drug addicted wife - best friend's daughter is getting married and I am involved in all the planning - dog is still ill and on steroids but is doing much better - I am still on the Prilosec every other day and trying to get off. Out of all these things the thing that bothers me the most is my weight. Still cannot get it under control & have no idea what it is and I am not ready to face it. I can only commit one day at a time so no planning.........so here we go again..........FOR TODAY:
1. I will exercise this morning - cardio - for at least 40 minutes
2. I will NOT eat any sugar
3. I will stick w/yogurt, meat, green veggies, eggs today.
4. I will keep a positive attitude no matter what happens
5. I will take my vitamins and try to keep stress levels down.

Would love to exercise twice a day when I am home but I don't know that I will be able to do that.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #806
Major LCF Poster!

Reporting in:

Did Petra Kolber's Liquid Grooves DVD for the first time: It's pretty good, low impact, lots of arm movement to get the heart rate up, very repetitive, good music. 55 minutes of cardio. Tonight I will try to do the Moving Meditation section of the dvd which is all music/no talking. Will also try to do the new Yoga dvd chair section - sun salutations done using a chair for support so you don't have to go to the floor. I have bad wrists and scoliosis....

Ate my 2% Fage and drank coffee - wasn't really hungry but I had to take the antibiotic.

I would like to try to get to the mall today and look for brown shoes for work - why are brown shoes always so hard to find?
Old 05-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #807
Major LCF Poster!

Stomach is really bothering me today - bad pains, spasms - I just took my Prilosec and will wait 30 minutes before eating. Dinner will be brisket - just a couple of slices, some asparagus & some sweet potato. No lunch.

Went to a small mall looking for brown shoes - none at all, guess I am going to have to go on line. I need comfortable shoes but I want them to look good too.........might go to Stein Mart tomorrow, although I have looked there before & did not find any.

Hoping I feel much better tomorrow!!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #808
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling better. Dinner was brisket, sweet potato. Later had just a couple of Tablespoons of yogurt and coffee - that's it for the day.

No yoga and no moving meditation for this evening - too hot & too tired & I don't want to upset my stomach. I already told BF that he is doing the chair yoga with me tomorrow.

I have enough brisket left over for tomorrow too. Would like to have eggs in the morning and then brisket & asparagus the rest of the day!! Plan on dying my roots tomorrow and doing bills.

Went to Macy's this evening and could not find any brown shoes. Went to Stein Mart - no brown shoes. Amazon only had 13 pair of brown shoes in my size and they are all ugly - I guess I'll try Dillards tomorrow.....I hate getting shoes there you have to wait so long for them to wait on you and then they go all the way across the store to get them in your size - I may not go afterall....I'm aggravated just thinking about it!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #809
Major LCF Poster!

Made it through yesterday! Day 1 down.
Today I have had my coffee & I am getting ready to exercise - Joan Lunden - old video + maybe something else....then I will write bills, go to the grocery, vacuum, dye hair, boil eggs etc. Foods for today will be bacon, egg, yogurt (antibiotics), brisket, asparagus, coffee.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #810
Major LCF Poster!

So far:
Joan Lunden - 30 minutes + couple of segments of Barefoot Cardio 15 min=45 min exercise
Went looking for shoes - no luck; searched on line - no luck..........I'm gonna have to go to Dillards..............sure miss Houston when it is time to shop!
Had my coffee + bacon + a little yogurt w/the antibiotic. Then aroud lunch I messed up and ate 1/2 brownie
Dinner will be brisket & asparagus shortly then coffee.

Then I have to dye my hair and go through bills while I watch TV

Tomorrow I will vacuum, boil eggs etc. I am really tired today. I had really bad stomach pains last night when I tried to go to sleep and then again today - mid day - its got to be the anitbiotic.

BF is fighting a sinus/migraine headache.

I wish I hadn't eaten the darn brownie! But I won't let it derail me for the rest of the night. I am back on track!!