Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Still having the bad back (SI) pain - had to take a tylenol - not supposed to take this because of my liver, but I can't take the advil because it hurts my stomach - catch 22 - so since the liver is doing well right now I chose the tylenol, I don't think 1 or 2 will hurt. Anyway - got my hair cut, likes it & I think I libig ke it - certainly better than before the cut. BF got me a really pretty purse for my b'day - Big Buddha - it will be great for spring & summer - Love it! We are going out to eat tonight & I will have the shrimp & green beans, BF will have a steak. Our friends may go or not - not sure yet. We will be leaving around 5:20 so I have to take the Prilosec (1st one of the day) so I have it in me an hour before we eat. I hope this dinner goes well, it always scares me to eat out since having this stomach thing. Also, considering sleeping later in the am and exercising in the evening or at least trying that as it would work out better for work.
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

Had a nice dinner w/friends & BF - had Shrimp, a few green beans and 1 tiny red potato & tea and Friends paid!!! Very nice of them... I took my Prilosec around 5 and ate around 6 - 6:30 so I will be up until at least 11pm. Tomorrow I have errands and we will eat the chicken I bought yesterday - already cooked (rotisserie) from Whole Foods w/ green beans. I am guessing it is still good since the sell by date is 2/1. Don't know what exercise I will do since I have the sore SI - hoping it is all gone by tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

No exercise - still sore, really annoying can't get comfortable in any position king of sore - took an advil last night which really helped so I could sleep - did have to take a TUMS but it all worked out okay.

Today I have been to Kmart and Walgreens, waiting for BF to get back and will probably go to WalMart, although I am not sure I am up for that. Bought some pants for work - they are too large so have to return those, the shirt is too small and the jeans are too small - all have to go back to Kmart. I hate that.

Read a magazine article last night written by Pamela Peake regarding losing belly fat - typical fairly lower fat, moderate carb diet, but it was the exercise that caught my interest. She says - no weights first few weeks, only cardio. The cardio she recommends is 2 days of 30 minutes of HIIT then 3 days of enough cardio to burn 400 calories plus core work (15 min I think). I am going to go through my dvds and find 2 30 minute HIIT workouts and do Taebo on the 400 calorie days along w/standing abs or stabilitly ball ab work. She says to take 2 days of rest per week, so my 2 days will most likely be Monday and Friday. So tentative workout schedule is:

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 30 min HIIT
Wednesday: Taebo & core
Thursday: 30 minute HIIT
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Taebo + Core
Sunday: 400 calorie workout (longer & more steady state cardio)+ core

Going to get all my food and dvds planned for the week ahead and jump into it...........just hope my body holds up!!

Food so far today has been whipped peanut butter, coffee, cream cheese. Lunch was pop chips (small bag). Dinner will be chicken and green beans.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

Took all week to recover from the SI pain -
Taking the Prilosec 1 x per day seems to be optimal for me. Doctor's appointment is 2/7 so we'll see what he says. BF has been having bad migraines all week - it is so muggy here right now and we have the a/c on in February! Parades have started so it is difficult to get around to do errands on the weekends now - particulary on Sunday since they start at 11am.
May be closing on my construction loan on Wednesday - I don't know if I am making the right decision. This will be a huge financial committment and it is taking every single penny I have saved. I am putting the pen to it again tonight. I can't think about it because it makes me so nervous, it goes right to my stomach. BF pays half the rent but that's it, I pay for everything else. He is on SSI and tons of meds that are very expensive. Once his car note is paid he will help out more whether he wants to or not.
Work is still up in the air as to what will happen with our jobs. So, if I want to build I need to get this started very quickly. Course, I don't know how I would pay for it without a job......

Diet - still struggling to stay on plan. I am going 1 day at a time............
Today: Exercise was good - TAEBO, Power within + yoga/stretching.
Food so far: yogurt + coffee.
Not sure about lunch - will probably skip since it is already 11:30 here and will just eat dinner early. Dinner will be chicken breast and green beans.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #755
Major LCF Poster!

RhBH tonight @8pm part 2 of the reunion!!
Today was okay - no exercise, woke too late, sinusy - will most likely call in sick tomorrow - have doctor's appt anyway + lab work & BF is getting his tooth pulled.
Food was okay - breakfast was carb control yogurt + 1 T pb L=leftover chicken breast D=scrambled egg w/unsalted butter//2 coffees//cream cheese/small handfull of fritoes

Had meeting at work and it seems okay for now. Trying to close on house this week....

Tomorrow will exercise in the am/get the $$$ amt needed for the cashier's check - get it and go to the doctor/stop at the grocery on the way home.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Lots of things happening. Cancelled the closing and moved the loan to the lender I work for and feel better about it, but closing will be delayed for at least 2 weeks, however, I don't have to come up with any money thank goodness.

Not feeling real well today and I am off work so may not be able to do all I wanted to do but, I am getting back on plan. I am sure I feel bad because with all the stress surrounding changes at work & the house & BF has had a series of bad migraines etc...I have been eating trash and a lot of it - so much, I am not getting on the scale until Monday because I am scared. But, the trash is all gone and I am on plan again!!

Today: 63 minutes of shapley girl full walking workout + abs + bonus walk
Food: Pre workout: coffee + 1tsp pb w/vits. B=couple swallows of protein shake (little nauseated) might have the rest in a little while. L=don't know yet but Dinner will most likely be brisket, sweet potato & veggies.

I am still on the Prilosec - one a day & until I started eating garbage it was doing well, but the last couple of days the junk I have been eating has finally gotten to me. I am still only taking 1 pill per day but I am having to take an occasional TUMS. Hopefully in a couple of days that will go away.

I want to definitely get in some really good interval cardio tomorrow - Kathy Smith's Peak Fatburning workout and then another long cardio workout on Sunday. Planning on shorter workouts during the week w/weights(circuits) except for Tuesday which will be a long cardio day since we are off due to Mardi Gras!! The other underwriter is off the rest of the week so I can relax a little and go in a little later but will still reduce my workout time to 15-30 minutes during the week which is an attainable goal for now. I am allowing rice, some nuts and sweet potatoes & in a couple of weeks oatmeal in my diet as well as some fruit that the GERD diet allows. All portions have to be small and I will most likely be eating 4 meals tapered as the day goes on - I really cannot eat any more than that especially since I have to stop eating 4 hours before I go to bed. Latest I can eat is 5:30pm during the week.

If I can do this I know I will feel better and will lose weight (eventually!!) Will also try to incorporate a couple of really low calorie days and a couple of higher calorie days to try to "fool" my metabolism..........we'll see.........

Last edited by Debbi; 02-17-2012 at 09:23 AM..
Old 02-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Having severe gastrointestinal distress all day - staying near the bathroom and basically following the brat diet today. Have had 1 banana and 4 crackers aside for the swallow of shake, tsp of pb and coffee this morning. Sinuses are really full, have face pain, headache and I am really tired - glad I took today off. BF is napping - not unusual for him. I am wondering if the Prilosec has anything to do with this - I am inclined to think it has just been my bad diet catching up with me. Everyone here has sinus issues or colds right now. One day it's hot & then the next it's cold. Plus you know what happens whenever a lot of people mix together - germs fly - and especially every year at Mardi Gras people seem to get sick. So, staying in and taking it easy. May take a nap myself.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Poo- hurt my back stretching. I did Kathy Smith's Rejeuvinetics walk dvd w/weights - it was only 35 minutes so then I attempted her stretch workout and I seriously hurt my back - dang.

Yesterday evening I finally started feeling better. Too early to tell yet today but hopeful the stomach issues are gone. No sugar yesterday!!

Today was coffee + fage yogurt w/sliced banana and peanut butter (really good & filling). Bananas are one of the fruits they recommend for my health issues. I know they are higher carb but they do fill me up and make my stomach feel better, so for now they are in my plan.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring since the back is pretty bad and so is the weather. All day parades were cancelled and rescheduled but everyone is hopefull that the rain will end and Endymion will roll.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #759
Major LCF Poster!

Made it through the day with out sugar!! Not too worried about carbs right now just sugar. Everyday I am cutting back. Today was okay, about the same as yesterday. But the exercise was shorter. Planning on doing a George Foreman walk and box dvd tomorrow. I didn't get to buy the brisket I wanted because the weather was & still is sooooo bad, but I will try again tomorrow I have to see what time the parades roll in Metairie since that's where the brisket is. If I can't make it there I will go buy chicken to bake. I feel bad for all the people looking forward to the parades tonight it is cold and rainy.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #760
Major LCF Poster!

walk & box w/George Foreman: 43 minutes

B=1/2 ff fage + PB & strawberry & coffee
L=cream cheese/cinn
S=PB
D=thin chicken breast/green beans w/no salt butter & coffee

Eating too much peanut butter - threw it away.
Dog seems to be having some stomach issues.........
BF has gone to Burger King and when he returns I want to wash my hair and basically chill the rest of the day. I did see on the internet a small sectional w/a chaise that would look good in the new house. BF wants a sofa w/recliners on either end but I don't like the way they look. I think I am getting the sectional w/chaise and getting him a recliner once we are in the house and I can get a feel for it. I am hoping I can have a corner of the room w/good light to paint - really want to get back to my art.

Back to work tomorrow - grateful to have a job but looking forward to retiring!! Get off early because we are on the parade route on St Charles Avenue - so I get to leave around 3:15pm, then we are off on Tuesday along w/everyone else. So, it will be a short week which is good since the underwriter will be on vacation all week. Will most likely have a banana in the morning and leftover chicken for lunch w/lettuce, then egg w/cheese for dinner.

Tires were low again today so we filled them but BF will have to take the car one day next week.

BF wants to go to Wal Mart but I don't think I am going.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #761
Major LCF Poster!

Made it through the third day w/no sugar - it is getting easier. Dinner was terrible - I overcooked the chicken - it was tuff. So, didn't eat more than a couple of bites. Tomorrow is back to work so bedtime is early tonight - hoping for 9:30. No exercise tomorrow - taking a day off after 3 in a row. However, since I am off on Tuesday I will be doing 60 minutes. I think food tomorrow will be coffee + banana for breakfast then tuna in evoo for lunch then an egg w/cream cheese and splenda + coffee for dinner.

My brother was named one of the top 500 lawyers in America!! Very Proud!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

OMG - intestinal issues again today at work Let us go at noon because there is a parade rolling past the office at 3pm. 6:45 this MORNING - saw a young man on the corner of Carondelet and Gravier in the heart of the CBD - so drunk he couldn't stand up he kept stumbling, completely unfocused. I just don't get where that is fun at all!! And I am sure someone must be wondering where he is.......

Breakfast was a banana
Lunch was 2% fage
Snack was some Cheerios
Dinner will be Brisket!!! yeah!! finallly go some............

No exercise today but do plan on cleaning the bathroom and mopping the kitchen. Maybe vacuum as well. We'll see - off tomorrow !!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #763
Major LCF Poster!

Today is Fat Tuesday - very appropriate - I weighed in after almost 2 weeks and found that I weigh the same. Disturbed that I have let this happen, but happy it's not more. I have made my promises for Lent and hopefully they will help me lose some of this weight.

Today:
Exercise: Kathy Smith Peak Fatburning: HIIT Cardio - really good/then did Denise Austin's 12 minute Yoga Stretch - another good one. Total: 42 minutes

Food: B= coffee/PB + 1/2 banana; L=1/2 can of Tuna; D=Brisket + Swiss + Lettuce +mayo; S=1/2 2% yogurt

Back to work tomorrow - supposed to be bad weather so I don't know if I will exercise or not.

To do list for today=boiling eggs; walgreens; wal mart??? not sure if they are opened; generally relaxing...........maybe walk tonight.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Did not have the tuna otherwise done eating for the day. Another day with no sugar - 5 days down. Went to Wal Mart and boiled eggs. Ate the last of the brisket - so good! Felt pretty good today, hoping I feel well tomorrow too. I can't miss work since the other underwriter is out on vacation all week. Will try to exercise tomorrow but it depends on the weather - also, food will be: banana, tuna, fish and veggies for dinner, yogurt, coffee- not necesarrily in that order.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #765
Major LCF Poster!

No exercise today - body was just too sore
food was not real great either:

B=1/2 banana + 2T pb + coffee
S=cream cheese
L=1/2 can tuna in evoo + pc wheat bread
D= 3 tilapia fish sticks + catsup + coffee
S= T peanut butter

They let 7 people go in my office today.............praying I am not next!

Tomorrow's plan is to exercise 15 minute circuit minimum & if weather is okay park and walk

B=banana + coffee
S=yogurt
L=egg + cheese stick
D=coffee + 1/2 tuna w/mayo
Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #766
Major LCF Poster!

No exercise
food:

banana + coffee
pc bread
yogurt 2% fage
2 WW cheese sticks
Coffee
Not sure about dinner yet
Old 02-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

Today:
Exercise: 30 minutes circuits/10 minutes straight cardio after the circuits of aerobic & weights - good workout!

B=banana + 1T PB + coffee
S=few pita chips
L/D=brisket/sweet potato/broccoli
S=cream cheese/coffee

Still trying to work out the diet kinks....could have done without the chips but waited too long to eat and got realy hungry and that looked like the best choice at the store.

Tommorrow - will get in longer cardio. Picked up a rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods which will be Lunch and Dinner along w/a green veggie.

Ran around a lot today - errands etc. Tomorrow is just the grocery and cleaning up and checking my tires.

It seems winter is here now - beautiful day but a little on the cold side.
Bought some B vitamins that I will start tomorrow.
Stomach is okay - had a little trouble last night after eating some fried seafood.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #768
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up @1am w/a bad back, could hardly move - due to the way I was sleeping - heating bad and ointment would not help so I had to take an advil, finally fell asleep don't know what time - so I slept later that I had hoped - got out of bed at 8am.

Did an old video Superbody - 40 minutes / then did Lee Holden's QiGong standing practice - 35 minutes of it.

Food: Breakfast: coffee + yogurt w/PP and 1 tsp of PB & 1/2 banana
Lunch will be a couple of slices of chicken
Dinner will be more chicken w/asparagus
Snacks will be coffee &???

Plans for the day - grocery, vaccum, sheets.....
Old 02-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #769
Major LCF Poster!

Getting sick and I have been well for so long..........sinusy, throat, tummy, hot & cold, sleepy & on and On....

Got tire fixed this am.
No exercise
Went in to work late
Yogurt
roll
few spoons grits
yogurt
coffee

Woke up in the middle of the night and felt like I couldn't breathe. Woke up sweating, coughing, very little sleep.

Going to take a mucinex in a little while because now I can feel my sinuses filling. I hope I can knock this out! Chicken soup tomorrow and yogurt.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #770
Major LCF Poster!

I have been sick for 2 weeks and missed 2 days of work + left early numerous times. Had a sinus, throat, ear infection - got a Zpak + antihistamine + cough meds then got a major attack of allergic rhinitis and had to get a steroid shot + more antihistamines. Finally starting to feel better. Exercised today and yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks. Weight has been the same & I have not really been dieting at all. Went to the endocrinologist for my 6 month thyroid check up - says the thyroid is fine, suspects it is menopause causing the weight gain...duh! No suggestions on what to do............he did order lab work for Vitamin D and celiac which I got done on Friday along w/my liver panel. I suspect everything will come back fine. I think I just have to white knuckle it and do strict induction for 2 straight weeks no exceptions, no yogurt (which will kill me) nothing not on the list for 2 weeks and detox completely. Meat, eggs, fish, good fats, green leafy veggies, 4oz cheese etc...that's it for 2 weeks and see what my body does. I am still on the Prilosec - 1 pill at night and I feel good as far as the tummy goes but I really want to get off this drug. I missed Friday night by accident and I ate fried seafood - I did end up taking 2 tums but might have been okay without them. More than what I eat, I think it is stress that causes the stomach issues.

Closed on my construction loan on Wednesday and Thursday they cleared the lot and laid the dirt!! I am getting excited and pray everything goes well.

So, barring any more problems here is my plan: Since I have a large amount of yogurt, I am going to start Atkins Induction 1 week from today, but I am going low carb + yogurt for now.

Monday Plan:
B=yogurt + coffee
L=burger w/slice cheese
D=burger + asparagus w/1tsp blue cheese dressing
coffee
Old 03-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #771
Major LCF Poster!

It has been 2 wks and a lot has happened. Building on the house started and they have made the first draw. I had another bout of stomach issues and BF has been sick all week with a really bad migraine. I took him to the ER twice and finally it is gone. He had so many narcotics that he was hallucinating/seeing things. He is still sleeping most of the day - he had IV Morphine, IV toradol, IV phenergan + the day before he got IM toradol + IM phenergan + over the course of 4 days: at least 6 Percocets + Maxalt + Phenergan suppositories. Now we are thinking of putting him on the steroid dose pack - if I can get him up early enough to start it. He is still sleeping. He gets up bathes and then goes back to sleep, eats , back to sleep etc.....

I am trying to get off the Prilosec - did not take one last night, will take one tonight, will try every other day and see what happens.

Have not been on plan and too scared to weigh. Did not do too badly yesterday and I did get my exercise in.....work is still horrendously nerve wracking.

So, I am attempting to start again:
Exercise: Firm: Maximum Cardio (no abs)
B=Coffee + 1 small Oh Yeah Chocolate Shake
L=Probably yogurt
D=Not sure - either brisket or chicken.....+ asparagus.

We'll see how it goes.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #772
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch was some cream cheese, peanut butter & cocoa
Dinner will be chicken and asparagus w/ 1 tsp Braggs vinegarette.

Went to whole foods today and bought some jambalaya for Bf, chicken for me, some new protein bars to try, safflower oil, oil & vinegar dressing, yogurt, yogurt cheese(garden veggie), boiled shrimp - it is really expensive!!

Also worked going through 3 huge bins of clothes and finally parted w/all my smalls and x smalls - I know I won't ever get back in those - boy was I tiny and I thought I was still big..........now I will be happy to be back in a medium. I still have more clothes to go through but it won't be today, I am beat. I have 8 or 9 bags (35 gal) of clothes for Goodwill - many still had tags on them, what a waste. Well, at least someone will get some use out of them.

I will once again plan on evercising AWT every other day this week and sticking w/moderate to low carb - as much as possible while calorie cycling - low, low, medium, low, medium, high, low or something like that! Maybe this will keep me on plan - we'll see. I did find some no sugar, low salt thin bread at a local grocery where they bake it themselves. It would be great to be able to take a sandwich to work - so simple to eat for lunch, I may try that this week. I am also going to try eating no more than 200 cals at dinner, I know eating a lot of cals at night stops me from losing weight. I will weigh Friday morning.

Praying for a good week ahead full of good health, good luck, good fortune and serenity for everyone.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #773
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: forgetmenot
Stats: 154.6/144.1/135.0
WOE: 40/40/20
Start Date: September 1, 2010
Debbi, I took a hiatus and I'm just now catching up on some threads I used to keep up on. I am so pleased to see you are still posting and still going strong. Look at how close you are to your goal! You are an inspiration. I think I will have to check your thread for meal ideas, too!
forgetmenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #774
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks forgetmenot - love those flowers!! I have good and bad days - I let stress get to me and I tend to eat off plan when I am bored as well. I have been under chronic stress since Katrina - one thing after another and I am desparately trying to get a good 2 weeks on plan then I think I will finally be successful - it is tiresome starting over everyday!!!!

Today started out well w/bacon. Plan for lunch was low carb yogurt that I brought from home but the fridge at work apparently is not working well - so that got thrown away. Went to the little store in the building and got a WW yogurt and some peanut butter. Dinner was a mess too - nothing to eat - BF went to subway. I had coffee and crackers w/cheese. Calories were not too bad but definitely not low carb. Oh well.......tomorrow is another day as they say.

Tomorrow I am supposed to have lunch w/a Loan Officer from my office to introduce him to a friend of mine who can refer him loans. Not sure where we will go yet but I won't be eating much. Breakfast will be a yogurt. Dinner probably a burger and of course coffee.

I am taking vacation on 4/5 - the 6th is a holiday then it is the weekend (Easter) and then I am taking off Easter monday so I wil be off 5 whole days!!! I will use this time to really get serious with my plan - both exercise and food. I am really looking forward to this.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

I know I should not whine and complain - there are far more people in this world in much worse health and in far worse situations then I. I was up til 2am sick as a dog with my stomach, I did not take the prilosec w/dinner because I am trying to get off it - evidently I cannot. My weight keeps climbing, partly because I am eating the wrong things but also I know because of hormone issues and because I feel like my stomach is paralyzed - gastroparesis and they do not give the Reglan any longer and I really feel like I need it so I don't know what to do. I am so tired of going to doctors I just cannot do it any more. Last night BF had another bad migraine and I found out I will be alone again on yet another holiday. BF is going to see his mother and grandson and will be leaving Easter Sunday. This is important for him because his mother is very ill and he never gets to see his grandson or daughters so I cannot be selfish and insist he stay home. Holidays are hard for me since my Mom died. My Dad died on Holy Thursday many years ago so Easter is particulary difficult. His death changed our lives completely. COMPLETELY. I have gotten past BF leaving and I will just use the time to re-connect w/me.

Then last night I got a phone call from my brother (fantastic, wonderful person), who lives in Missouri and who I really miss, his wife is waco and on multiple prescription drugs which just multiplies her craziness and she takes it out on him He is an attorney with a very stressful work life and he has been battling Hepatitis C most of his adult life. He is ok and his doctor suggested this new treatment of 3 drugs that give a 50-70% chance of complete recovery from Hep C. But it is extremely difficult treatment Interferon/ribafarin and another new drug. These drugs are very strong and make you sick. He battles nausea daily as well as many unmentionable painful issues along with a rash all over his body. I am so upset that he cannot have peace at home due to his wife's paranoid episodes so that he can relax and give this treatment the atmosphere in which it needs to help make it successful. I pray that God gives him a break and helps him find the peace he needs to stay calm and strong and get through all of this. I wish I could help him, he is a wonderful person who has been through a lot in his life and he deserves happiness and peace.

I wish we could all just find our place of peace and happiness and be able to just really live our lives and stop wasting time being unhappy and miserable. We are entitled to happiness, life is too short to live with regrets and to play out with pain and misery. I want to find my place of happiness and entitlement and learn what is truly important and to learn what road I am meant to follow.

I am not exercising today and I feel guilty about that and I know that is a self inflicted pain - but I do not feel well, my house needs to be cleaned since BF obviously will not do it and TODAY these issues are more important then working out. My stomach is hurting and I feel like it is so bloated and full - I am turning to a diet that is low residue (yogurts, soups, easily digested proteins and well cooked veggies with minimal fats) because right NOW my body functions better this way and feels better. And I will eat when my stomach tells me I am physically hungry - whatever the time. I will listen to my body to tell me when I need to exercise and what type of exercise I need to be doing. I will make time to do those things that complete me emotionally - such as my art, I have not picked up a brush since my husband left in 1998 - I am sure there is some connection there since we had an art and craft and antique business together - I loved all that and when he left I erased it from my life - I miss it and I will make time for it. I am not going to continue to put my life on hold any longer waiting to lose weight, putting others first over my own well being, I am worse off TODAY because I have done that to MYSELF. I don't want to live the remaining days of my life sick and emotionallly miserable and regretting the things I missed or didn't do because of the choices I have made. I will work on myself starting TODAY!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Accomplished everything I wanted to do today!!
Even made to church and lit a candle for my brother.
Did not eat until around 2pm and had 1/2 of a full fat fage yogurt w/a small sprinkling of granola. Dinner will be a small slice of meatloaf and some green peas w/spray butter. Maybe a small coffee. Just took my Prilosec so will have to wait 30 minutes or so. Will most likely boil some eggs while I wait.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #777
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: forgetmenot
Stats: 154.6/144.1/135.0
WOE: 40/40/20
Start Date: September 1, 2010
Glad to see this post right after that last one--it should feel good to accomplish small goals and to do things according to plan. You deserve a smooth day like this.

I am eating some fage right now too. I wish I could find the full fat version here... I can't even find the 2% version, the stores here only have fat free. Still very yummy!
forgetmenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #778
Major LCF Poster!

Hi forgetmenot and thanks for the visit!! I am lucky, I can find the full fat at Whole Foods and a local grocer (not a chain). The chains all have the 2% or 0%. I mostly eat the 2% but felt like having a treat!!

Today was pretty good........although I slept in again, I don't regret it - I needed it and I feel so much better. Tummy did start acting up again after lunch but its not bad. Trying to decide on yogurt or soup or left over meatloaf for dinner tonight. Last night I had the meatloaf w/carrots instead of peas. It was good. Will try to get in some exercise tomorrow. I am not feeling as stressed today. Time off is only 2 days away and I am really looking forward to it as I plan on spending time on me!!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

Today was better than yesterday food-wise and I felt better overall. BF is still having migraines daily though. I talked to my brother last night - I really feel bad for him. He asked his wife the nut if she would go to counseling (3rd time he asked) and she said she would let him know Saturday! I could not be as controlled as he is - I would have sent her packing. He is just about at that point, she is verbally abusive and very cruel. He was putting up with it because he knows she is crazy and he really loves her and wants to help her - but he is rapidly seeing that can't happen. I just pray he stays healthy he is under so much stress.

No exercise again today - I keep falling back to sleep when the alarm goes off. Last day of work is tomorrow!!!!!!!! Then I am on vacation until next Tuesday - can't wait!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

Up most of the night, severe weather - horrible lightning and thunder - tornados etc. It was really scary and of course street flooding this morning. Stayed riveted to the news all night til we lost power then again this morning. Got to work late (for me) around 8am. We are supposed to be to work by 8:15am and I am usually there by 7am. I have to say I really enjoyed getting there later - I think I may start going in a little later at least 2 or 3 times per week.

Very busy at work since it was my last day before VACATION!!! So diet was not good although I definitely did not eat much. Dinner was okay until a little while ago and then I blew it. That's okay - tomorrow starts my plan to focus on me as much as possible to feel better and lose some weight. Very excited about being able to sleep past 5am and get in some good exercise!!