Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #721
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Ate too much yesterday, tummy issues last night. Cutting WAY back today. BF comes home today and poor thing has to drive 5 hrs w/a bad migraine.

Getting ready to exercise: Taebo - Power within most likely. Do not know about food yet. Yogurt definitely sometime today. I also want to go to the mall or somewhere to try to get more Christmas gifts.
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #722
Major LCF Poster!

Had my gastroscope Friday evening - outcome certainly was a shock - Very large Hiatal Hernia w/ carmine erosions. Surgery is the only option. It is really ust now hitting me - and now I don't know if I am physically up to building a house right now. The stress may be too great. I really think I need to speak to a counselor to get all these medical and non medical issues straight in my head. Anyway, will continue w/ my non low carb soft type diet.
Exercised 30 minutes - all aerobics this morning.
Food: coffee/2 tsp pb
B=not sure yet - probably yogurt w/protein powder.
Lots of things to do today........and work tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #723
Major LCF Poster!

Went to a very dear friend's house to see his tree which is just beautiful. He had a very lovely feast for us - since I have stomach issues I only had two small plain croissants and 2 squares of cheese. Unfortunately I knew BF would get a migraine as soon as we walked in. My friend has 5 cats, a long haired dog and his friend smokes in the house. Needless to say, BF got a migraine on the way home.....and he was doing so well. I pray it is not a bad one - my stomach just cannot handle it!!

So, finished the day w/the 2 small croissants, cheese and a 1/3 of a chicken breast half and small coffee. Stomach feels so-so, a little full and tight. Nothing else tonight. Tomorrow I plan on waiting to hear from my doctor and see about contacting a counselor to try to sift through all my new illnesses and the building of the house etc. I just don't know what to do. I really want to have my house back - it has been over 6 yrs now of living like a gypsy and feeling so displaced. I just wish my health had not deteriorated so badly and I don't want to make the wrong decision because it would be costly.

Also tomorrow I plan on trying to exercise again and then go to work, make my own calls, work on my files, take time for lunch which will be chicken, breakfast will be yogurt and dinner chicken.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #724
Major LCF Poster!

Heard from the doctor and he said he will call me after he speaks to the doctor who did my test - he said he wondered why he did not refer me to a surgeon. Medicine has become so impersonal - it makes me just want to chuck all the meds, tests etc and tuff it out until God decides it is time. I am just so tired dealing w/it all. Stress at work is horrible again. Came home from the Physical Medicine doctor who gave me a muscle relaxer for my scoliosis pain, had a long talk, wants me to go back to physical therapy and suggested pool exercises and a recumbent bike. Still do not know what to do about the house, have not had time to think. Once I got home BF was so sick from a mild migraine - he threw up like 8 times and finally said he had to get to the Urgent Care. I brought him so they could give a shot for the vomitting, which they did, along w/Toradol for the headache. He has been sleeping ever since 6:00pm - 2 hrs now. Doctor said nothing by mouth til 8:30 and then 1oz of liquid every 15 -20 minutes as long as he is holding it down. No fever, no virus......I feel sorry for him. I am really tired now and will watch the BH Housewives then go to bed - I am not even going to wake him up.

Did not wake up til really late this morning so no exercise and no food to bring to work. I am going to force myself up early tomorrow so I can exercise and pack a proper breakfast and lunch. Tomorrow HAS to be better!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

2011 was not a good year and it ended even worse than it began. My poor brother's wife is addicted to prescription pain killers given to her for her interstitial cystitis and fibromyalgia and she is now paranoid from the drugs and all this came about at Christmas - it was horrible. I was diagnosed w/a large hernia that has ulcers and over 1/3 of my stomach has come up through this hernia - no wonder I have had such digestive issues. I can no longer eat very low carb or beef or high fat or much of anything at all....I will get news as to when I have to have the surgery to repair this on January 3rd - this is the only treatment, there is nothing else. I was told that I risk GI bleeding if I do not have this repaired. So 2012 will be off to a rocky start. I am also trying to rebuild my home destroyed in Katrina and am waiting for the appraisal to come in which will tell me if the value is where I will need it to be - I really hope it comes in because I want to be back in my home very badly.

So, now that this depressing recap is over I am going to try for my health's sake to stay positive. I ordered and received a couple of Lee Holden's QiGong Dvds which I will start tomorrow along w/my AWT and cardio. Just have to be carefull with the abs/tummy area. I am also going to give JUDDD another shot since I feel so much better w/teeny tiny amounts of food and since I can not do induction - veggies are very limited - to almost none. Beef destroys my stomach ( And I really love beef)! Fish seems to be okay as does a little mayo . Weak coffee is still okay but nothing strong. No strong spices etc or I get very sick. Tomorrow I will try eggs again - last time I got sick but it could ...have been a coincidence.......on down days I will try shakes and yogurt is well tolerated. Hopefully this will work and I don't have to live on grits!

Cable has been out all day and no one can come out until tomorrow....ugghh we are so TV dependent, it is like withdrawal............

Last edited by Debbi; 12-30-2011 at 07:13 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #726
Major LCF Poster!

Thank goodness Cable will get fixed today!!
Feel like a real blimp this morning and my wrists etc are really sore.
Had my coffee, vitamins, 1 tsp of peanut butter and I am now getting ready to exercise.
QiGong, 10 minutes of MIO and then 15 minutes-30 minutes cardio.
Then 1/2 shake for Breakfast - will run errands and then home to clean up and wait for the Cable guy.
My personal goal today is to get some of the bloat off and feel better so calories will be really low.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #727
Major LCF Poster!

Yippiee! Cable is back on!
Went to Big Lots, WalMart and got the small child's burger from McDonald's -it was good!
Recap:
Ex=Kathy Smith Cardio and toning w/bands = 45min Then AM QiGong w/Lee Holden=40min Total: 85 min of exercise
1/4 shake, coffee, 1tsp pb, 1/2slice of cheese, 1/2 sl low carb toast, 1tsp may, 1/2 lettuce leaf, 1T peanut butter, 1 pc milk chocolate, cream cheese, sm McDonald's burger, coffee. About 1100 calories - still too much to lose but much better than I have been doing. And the exercise was really good.

I will weigh in and face the music tomorrow. Having a quiet night home w/BF and happy we have TV again! I miss the old days of going out and dancing all night but there will be future opportunities, I know, and I also know I will be happy tomorrow morning when I wake up refreshed and ready to start the New Year feeling well rather than Hung Over and tired!!

Not sure what we will be doing for food tomorrow - I do have a can of black eyed peas but no cabbage so I guess we will go to the cafeteria and eat our New Year's dinner!!

I know breakfast will be 1 sl low carb toast w/1T pb and coffee, Lunch will be 1 sl low carb toast and tuna and dinner will be meat, cabbage, black eyed peas (1T because I hate them - yick!) and coffee, snack will be yogurt.

Also need to clean up tomorrow and wash and dye my hair. I hope the grocery is open so we don't have to eat out........oh and I hope the mall is open so I can return a gift I bought for someone and decided on something else.

Last edited by Debbi; 12-31-2011 at 06:31 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #728
Major LCF Poster!

Happy New Year!! Hope everyone had a safe New Year's Eve! Getting ready to decide what exercise DVD I will do this morning......Got my 8 hrs of sleep in and took my vitamins and had my coffee!!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #729
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Happy New Year, Debbi--hope all your dreams come true this year.

(P.S. I really like JUDDD and I think it would be the perfect plan for you right now with your tummy problems.)
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #730
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Verbqueen and same to you!
So, exercise was Denise Austin dance cardio - w/warm up and cool down was : 50 minutes cardio
B=coffee + Low carb toast + 1.5 T peanut butter
S=cream cheese
L/D=brisket, collards, sweet potatoe
S=yogurt - 4oz 0% w/1 tsp honey and coffee

Still have to wash my hair and clean the bathroom - I did vacuum even though w/my stomach I am not supposed to do that, but I took it slowly.....

So, tomorrow will be a down day - most likely:
Coffee
1/2 shake
soup
4oz yogurt
coffee
This would total around 397 cals
Exercise: I am planning on doing Not so tough Aerobics Mix (old Firm) + floor legs (firm) + extra 15 minutes of cardio. = 55 min

Feel good about a Fresh Start!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

Down 1 lb from yesterday. BF has awakened w/a migraine - not a good start. The dog will not eat since last night - not good. I am good so far!

Exercise: NSTAM (Firm video)=40min
Food: coffee + 1 tsp no salt/no sugar peanut butter and 1/3 Detour Lean Body Protein shake.

Later will be slice of low carb, no salt, no sugar very thin toast w/1 or 2 small slices of brisket, 1 lettuce slice and 1 tsp mayo and coffee.

I am getting ready to bathe, do hair, clean the bathroom, etc.....

Getting nervous - tomorrow I find out about stomach surgery. I hope I don't have to have it done and the doctor who did the procedure is wrong about that.

Work tomorrow, but it is the Sugar Bowl at the Superdome so we will most likely be allowed to leave around 3 or 4pm due to the traffic.

Oh and tonight is RHBH - can't wait to see it!

I am watching OWN - all about diets today.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #732
Major LCF Poster!

This morning scale said I was down 4.6lbs - which cannot possibly be true. I got on/off the scale several times but still do not believe it and fully expect to be up tomorrow. I don't feel any thinner, I think the scale was just cold - it was 65 degrees in here this mornining! Hope not but I don't see how that could be correct.

Today was no exercise because I had to get to work early to get a parking spot, but tomorrow I will be exercising!

It is cold here and it is Sugar Bowl....I am tired...BF has been battling a migraine/sinus/nausea thing for 3 days now - sure hope he is better soon. He was able to eat tonight.

Heard from the doctor - said no surgery for now - we will try meds and see how it goes first. If I continue to have problems then we will have to do surgery. Wheww....really cannot afford to be out while they are talking layoffs at work. Now I just have to hear that my appraisal came in at the number I need to rebuild and I will really be on a roll for the new year!!

Anyway - today was coffee + peanut butter + tuna in EVOO + 2 sl low carb toast + mini hamburger + 10 fries + coffee + yogurt = 950cals.

Tomorrow's plan is: coffee + pb + 1/3 shake. 1 slice low sodium ham or turkey + 1 slice cheese + 2 sl low carb bread (heat in microwave at work) . 1/2 cup soup & 1/2 yogurt +coffee weak. Will probably do a walking tape tomorrow for 30 minutes. Wish it was good weather - I would go walking at lunch!

Last edited by Debbi; 01-03-2012 at 04:23 PM..
Old 01-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #733
Major LCF Poster!

Well it must be true because I am down another 1.4 today!! 7lbs since January 1st!! Oh I pray I can keep this up!! I am not doing JUDDD yet - working up to it. I am eating between 800 and 1100 calories. Today was coffee + peanut butter (1tsp) + biscuit at work (forgot my shake). Lunch was 4 crackers and cheddar cheese Snack was 1/3 of protein bar Dinner was coffee + cream cheese. And I walked for 17 minutes. Need to up the exercise if I can wake up in the morning!! Calories were: 1000

Hopefully I can exercise more tomorrow AND go for a walk at lunch! Also will remember my shake tomorrow for breakfast and will bring a ham sandwhich for lunch. Dinnner most likely either soup or yogurt.

Wow Nick Cannon is in mild kidney failure - how horrible, prayers are requested!

Need to get to sleep early tonight!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #734
Blabbermouth!!!

Debbi, sounds like you do not need to go on JUDDD--whatever you're doing is working really well! Just stick with it, I say!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #735
Major LCF Poster!

Verbqueen, I am really excited about the loss but I've been here before & have seen it go back up for no reason so I am crossing my fingers!

Today:
Did not weigh
Exercise: 20 minutes
Food:
coffee + 1tsp pb
2% fage
2sl low carb bread + 2 sl turkey + 1 sl cheddar
1/2 cup mac n cheese + coffee

Plan on weighing again tomorrow
Old 01-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #736
Major LCF Poster!

Weight has come back on - I know why......letting stress get to me. So worried over the stomach thing - doctor prescribed Prilosec and I do not want to take it - 2 pills per day - haven't taken it yet - I am going to see if I can stick to low carb - I bought a book the heartburn cure and I am reading it now, so far it says low carb is the way to go for GERD. My confusion though is that I really don't have much of a "heartburn" issue - it's the erosions in the hernia that cause such stomach pain, but not really heartburn. I am sticking to low carb until I go the the doctor on 2/7. IF - I start having stomach problems again like I was, I will start taking the Prilosec.

Work is the real culprit - everything is changing again - talk about layoffs and putting people in different positions - so upsetting. I can't lose my job. Especially now that I am building my house. Just have to pray that God will protect me through these changes and transitions at work and that I stay employed or find a better job. Jobs in my field are few and far between, I would probably have to relocate again and then what would I do w/my house??? This is what is keeping me up at night.

So, re-grouping for the millionth time. I have to control those things I can control, like food, and let the rest go. I have no control over decisions at work. But, I can control what I put in my mouth and how I treat my body.

Today was a better day food and exercise-wise. Not really low carb, but I am getting closer. Reduced sodium cottage cheese - 1/2 cup; 1T peanut butter w/vanilla protein powder; coffee; burger out w/cheese and mayo & 1/2 the bun; small brownie; coffee.
Exercise was 90 minutes of cardio, toning and stretching. Ran a lot of errands.
Bought ribeyes for tomorrow, low sodium tuna, large lettuce leaves for sandwich wraps, yogurt (helps when my stomach feels bad).

Tomorrow I am exercising for at least 60 minutes and plan on an egg and bacon for brunch; ribeye(1/2) and asparagus for dinner and of course coffee. Need to try to drink water. Also plan on cleaning and going through some cabinets etc to throw things out. Probably WalMart as well. Will go to a friends house to work on a business plan and may do some Qi Gong in the evening. I really, really like Lee Holden's AM/PM Qi Gong, its just that it is 40 minutes each and I ususally don't have the time. Qi Gong is supposed to be really good for healing so I really need to try to do this a few times a week. Also, since I am going forward w/building my house I need to start cutting back on spending.....so, I plan on having a talk w/BF tomorrow and nix all this eating out etc....I don't like it anyway, I have always preferred to eat at home.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #737
Major LCF Poster!

Starting off good:
Got 9hrs of sleep!!
Exercise: Gilad's Bootcamp - warm up and cardio section 43 minutes. Then just a few minutes of Qi Gong. Will do PM Qi Gong tonight.

Pre workout: coffee + 1 tsp pb (for vits)
Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 T shredded cheddar, 1 tsp unsalted butter

That's it so far - planning on a very small (thin) ribeye for dinner w/asparagus tips, coffee, snack maybe: yogurt??
Old 01-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #738
Major LCF Poster!

Had the thin ribeye w/a tsp of butter & Mrs Dash no salt steak seasoning. It was delish! Also had aspaagus w/ a little Bragg's Vinegarette. Coffee. Also ran tons of errands and went shopping - there is a Dillard's store that has gone out of business and they are selling what is left really cheap- I got a pair of Ralph Lauren espadrilles for18.00!! So doubt that I will do any exercise tonight - I still have to wash my hair and make my bed w/clean sheets. I can hardly keep my eyes open right now and Mob Wives, RH of Atlanta and the Kardashians all come on tonight starting at 7pm!

Will try to do the same thing tomorrow minus the ribeye - probably chicken for dinner or a small burger. Will have the eggs for Brunch again.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #739
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up around 2am w/mild heartburn - took a tums - cannot eat meat.

Anti aging workout
Food: coffee + 1 tsp of pb + vits
B=1/2 full fat fage w/pp
S=cream cheese
D=coffee + chicken/ham/swiss/1 tsp mayo & 1/4 bun
Late afternoon got hungry and ate 4 pcs of chocolate

Tomorrow will be better.

Getting ready to watch RHBH.

Worked on business plan today and will submit by Tuesday or maybe even tomorrow afternoon if I have time to work on it at the office. Really nervous over this.

I have to do better tomorrow and have to get up to exercise. I really do not want to take the prilosec, I want to heal this myself and I know I cannot eat chocolate or really even combine carbs w/proteins (except veggies). Right now my stomach is hurting a little, I feel over full. I think I am going back to the shake or yogurt in the morning, tuna at lunch and soup or eggs at dinner. Heavy in the am and lighter as the day goes on.... wish I had the answer. Too much is bad and too little is bad.......
Old 01-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #740
Major LCF Poster!

Still here - computer crashed and had to buy a new one....ugghhh did not need to spend that money - worse part is I lost everything and no back up disk - learned my lesson!
Still struggling w/weight, work, health - but I am not dwelling on it here.
Moving on....
Today:
Exercise: Leslie's Walk & Kick + Classical Stretch floor legs
B=Coffee + 1 tsp pb + 1/2 lean body vanilla protein shake
L=1 2% Fage yogurt
D=small ribeye w/grean beans & unsalted butter - 1 tsp + small weak coffee.

That should be it.
Went to Dillards and got some tops to see me through this "Fat" time at work. The were a good deal @65% off, so not too painfull.

BF got some bad news, his mother is going to have to go into a rehab facility for 21 days and he will be going up there to see her. I certainly will not tell him not to go but it will be a very sad birthday for me if he is not here............oh well......

Hoping tomorrow is another good day on the diet front and that I awaken early enough to exercise!!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #741
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Debbi, you look amazing! Congratulations on your weight loss! Your journey is an inspiration to me!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #742
Major LCF Poster!

Awww thanks GailyGail! I am struggling right now w/all these medical issues to get back on track but I am glad I can inspire!! Best wishes on your journey!!

Tummy issues today, no surprise after small rib eye last night - simply cannot eat meat any longer. Sinuses are an issue right now - for everyone here including me - overslept last night so no exercise this am and I was soooo busy at work that I completely forgot to eat lunch. Just had a small coffee and getting ready to have a yogurt to see if that helps my stomach pain. Tomorrow will be a better day!!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #743
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there, Debbi. You'll get this stomach issue sorted out, I know.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #744
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks VerbQueen - I hope you are right.........

Tomorrow is here and it is a worse day - BF had to leave to drive 6hrs to see his mother who is going into a Hospice today. This morning cable went out and I usually depend on him to take care of these things, so I left work at 3pm to come home and wait for the cable guy. Bf won't be back til Friday which means I have the dog (who I love, but don't love sleeping with her) to contend with and take care of....work is horrible - just horrible, still don't know if we will have jobs or what the changes will be. Then they call me yesterday and want to close on my construction loan Friday, then they call and say they can't - & I am not sure if I should even proceed with that at this point. Anyway, all this adds up to HUGE pain and burning in my stomach and upper abdomen. So, I broke down and took one of the Prilosec capsules at 4pm. I am hoping it helps and doesn't make things worse - I have read horror stories about the side effects. So far, I am still in a lot of pain and burning is horrible. I am stressed to the max from all angles. And it is all out of my control..........I need to try to just settle down and try to find "calm" in my mind/body.

Food was: Coffee + 1 tsp pb early then yogurt this morning, plain croissant at noon. Probably grits this evening. I hope I don't have to give up my coffee but it is looking like I might - definitely felt it this morning after drinking the coffee. I have definitely been cutting way back on the strength but this morning I think I used too much.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #745
Major LCF Poster!

It is now 7pm and I feel better, no reactions so far - but I still have the burning and pain just not as bad. I read on line that you can take tums with the prilosec so I will take one at bedtime if I am still having the pain. I was able to eat some grits and a couple of plain crackers. No coffee for me tonight And I miss BF - as much as I complain it is lonely without him. The dog is good company but she is very needy!! She is also looking for her Daddy!!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #746
Major LCF Poster!

Continue w/the Prilosec today - one this am and one this pm. It has definitely helped w/the stomach pain and burning. Also stopped the coffee at night. Right now my stomach feels bloated again. I hope the Prilosec is not hurting the gastroparesis. I am still not comfortable taking this med due to all I have read about the side effects on line, so I emailed my doctor asking about axid. I read that axid decreases acid and it has a motility agent in it to help increase stomach emptying -it sounds like what I need. Until I hear from him (unless the bloating gets worse), I plan on staying on the Prilosec and further modifying my diet moving more to low carb/JUDDD.
Tomorrow I will have a scrambled egg in the morning and lite coffee after I exercise. Lunch will be yogurt and for dinner either another egg or a jar of baby food-chicken. At least that is the plan for now. Just hoping I feel good enough to exercise in the morning.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #747
Major LCF Poster!

Doctor ok'd axid but I need to check w/the pharmacist first to make sure it does have a promotility agent in it before I switch. Meanwhile I am still on the Prilosec. Stomach still feels weird and full and lots of gas...esp at night and I am starting to get headaches. I am home tomorrow-took my birthday holiday on my birthday!! Plan is to exercise, eat lightly. Might go eat dinner out - shrimp - if BF gets home early enough. If not, then I don't mind waiting til Saturday. Saturday I go get my hair dyed and cut. It is so long right now I cannot do anything with it since it is so humid here.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #748
Major LCF Poster!

So, today I managed to exercise - easy - old Joan Lunden video. Trying to get off the gluten to see if that helps but today was good! No stomach issues at all.....probably because I too my b'day holiday and wasn't in that stresspool called work!! Got to find a way to effectively deal w/the stress. BF finally came home - we went to eat our favorite neighborhood restaurant I got meat/lettuce/mayo/water. Only took 1 prilosec today and that was 1 hour before dinner around 5pm - so we'll see how tomorrow goes. Will attempt to exercise again. I know we are going out to eat tomorrow night for my birthday dinner at a nice neighborhood restaurant - I will get the shrimp bordelaise w/green beans and water. Will be cautious w/breakfast and a small snack - not sure yet what it will be. Also going to get my hair cut & colored - I am a little nervous since I have never been to this guy before.....hope it goes okay.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #749
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Birthday to you!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #750
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Verbqueen!!! It was a nice quiet birthday! And I felt really good all day!!

Today I plan on doing either a Denise Austin dvd or a walk video can't decide yet and I really need to get a move on since I have to be at the hair salon for 11:45am. Woke up this morning w/a weird red bump on the back of my neck.? Will put some cortizone on it after exercise.

Plan on eating yogurt this morning around 10:15, then a snack of some chicken when I get back from getting my hair styled. Dinner is out & will be shrimp and green beans.