Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #691
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
pic

got the picture on photobucket now I am having trouble getting it in a message on here!

Last edited by Debbi; 11-20-2011 at 10:00 AM..
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #692
Major LCF Poster!

third try

Finally figured it out! Okay this is my AFTER picture @ 137lbs size 2/4. Now I will try the before picture.

Last edited by Debbi; 11-20-2011 at 10:04 AM..
Old 11-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #693
Major LCF Poster!

Before picture

Okay this is the before picture at 297 lbs.

Didn't realize the after would be in the same post!! I am learning..........After pic is at 137lbs. I am no where near either one right now but thankfully closer to the After - will get BF to take a recent picture of me after I get my hair colored this week!!!

Last edited by Debbi; 11-20-2011 at 10:25 AM..
Old 11-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #694
Major LCF Poster!

Ended the day w/Tilapia (extremely small piece) and green beans w/no salt & no salt butter. I did get hungry earlier and had some cream cheese & 1T peanut butter. So much for the JUDD DD.......oh well, I'll try again tomorrow.

Went to WalMart & got Dance off the Inches Latin Party Pack - can't weight to start this tomorrow!! Made it through WalMart w/NO treats of any kind!!

Plan for tomorrow is:
B=coffee/1/3 grapefruit
L=1/3 small container fage plain
D=salmon & broccoli + coffee

IF I follow this tomorrow will be my DD

Got some bad news tonight, brother's wife is in the hospital so they most likely will not be coming for Thanksgiving.......BF & I always end up alone on Thanksgiving Day. This also means that I will have to go see my Stepfather by myself - so I will most likely go on Tuesday. Wednesday is really bad weather, Thursday is Thanksgiving and he will be with his real kids and grandkids - don't want to go across the lake on Friday, traffic will be horrendous.......so it is either Tuesday or Saturday......I am thinking maybe Saturday. We'll see.

I also definitely have to do my closet tomorrow!!!! And I have to call to see if I can get reservations for Thanksgiving dinner as well as hair color on Tuesday......or I will have to color the hair myself!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #695
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hey! Great job on figuring out how to do the pictures. You're so pretty!

We always eat T-giving dinner by ourselves, too--just hubby and two kids and me. But we like it that way!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #696
Major LCF Poster!

Awww thanks Verbqueen - the after pic was taken in 2007 and the before picture was sometime in the 1990's. I looked so much older in the before picture. It scares the heck out of me that I cannot get this weight under control now - but looking at that picture will sure help!!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #697
Major LCF Poster!

Day 4 of vacation - it is going by too fast!

Plan: Latin dance for 38 minutes this morning followed by classical stretch segment
B=coffee + grapefruit
L=2 sl Turkey bacon + lettuce + mayo (1tsp)
D=either salmon or scallops or soup????? Trying to make this a down day. Also want to try to exercise for 15 minutes (cardio) after dinner or use housework as cardio....we'll see.

Errands:
GNC for Oh Yeah shakes. Grocery. Would love to go for a walk in the French Quarter but not sure.........
Old 11-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #698
Major LCF Poster!

Well, did not make it to GNC - did go to 2 grocery stores and the mall. There are alot of people out and about shopping and driving like maniacs. Someone in a red truck on a cell phone almost plowed right into the back of my car while I was stopped, in traffic, at a red light.....he had to swerve to miss me.....I had no place to go, I was surrounded by cars. It was a close call! Food did not pan out as I thought it would and again today will not be a DD although most likely it will be under 700 cals total. BF wanted a burger and the ground meat did look really good, so we had hambugers and green beans for dinner.

Tomorrow it is going to rain - so I plan on staying home and cleaning and dying my hair myself. Exercise will be another video from the new set that I bought - I believe it is a toning/dance video and I will definitely do a classical stretch afterwards. My extra exercise tomorrow will be the house cleaning and closet cleaning!! Then in the evening I am doing all my bills for 12/1 so I am ahead of the game!!

I would like to try to get to GNC tomorrow to get those Oh Yeah shakes, they are really good. But, I may just order them from Amazon.

For food - I am thinking about 2 eggs w/butter for Brunch & leftover hamburger for dinner - I want to do all protein and see what happens.

Tonight is Dancing w/the Stars and then RHof BH -one of my favorites!!

Last edited by Debbi; 11-21-2011 at 04:25 PM..
Old 11-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #699
Major LCF Poster!

Did toning w/a twist today (AWT)=22 minutes then I did Classical stretch Upper body segment which surprisingly had a lot of lower body in it as well. Total exercise time is 40 minutes and I feel worked out.

Breakfast was coffee + 2 eggs + 1 tsp butter

Weight was down .8. I was a little disappointed but at least it is down - and I underestimated calories from yesterday, it was more like 1,000 cals.

Right now I am resting a few minutes then I will start vaccuming, mopping, dying hair, changing sheets, cleaning the bathroom, run a couple of errands close to home - then start on my closet!! Very ambitious day, we'll see how I do!!

Things I have noticed so far since going back to low carb - I feel so much better physically - no tummy troubles, sleeping better, my body is starting to feel stronger with exercise even though I am sore and dare I say - slightly more streamlined in feel.....I have to remember how good I feel - that alone is worth staying the course. I don't know what part or how much being at home on vacation rather than at my stressful job has to do with all this but I guess we will find out on Monday when I return to work. I know this break and getting back on track is really helping me physically and mentally - boy did I need this Holiday! What an appropriate Thanksgiving this will be!!

Later.........
Old 11-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #700
Major LCF Poster!

Progress.....I did vaccum, mop, cleaned out all the upper kitchen cabinets, dyed my hair, sent BF to run my errands, cleaned the tub but not the rest of the bathroom - yet, stripped the bed, washing the sheets, getting ready to go through the drawers in the living room. I am thinking I am going to buy some CD books to put my exercise DVDs in and get rid of all these cases and streamline my book shelves. I am also going to package the Christmas gifts I have so we can put them under the tree when BF decorates it on Thanksgiving evening. Tonight I may go through my dresser and nightstand drawers while watching TV and save the closet for tommorrow.

I took a break and ate 1 hamburger w/a little shredded cheese and mayo. Tonight will be the other burger (same as lunch) and some sugar free cream cheese thingy that I make. My total calories for the day will be 850. I want to watch the Oprah show on Aging well w/Bo Derek, Cybill Shepherd etc....

Later............

Last edited by Debbi; 11-22-2011 at 12:51 PM..
Old 11-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #701
Major LCF Poster!

Today is a story about the good, the bad, the ugly......

The good - down 3 lbs
The Bad - stomach problems started @4 pm -horrific cramping and nausea and running to the bathroom every 15 minutes then every hour until 9:30 this morning. I was feeling so good yesterday and really felt like I was making huge strides in exercise & diet - now I think the gastroparesis is back. Went to Urgent care this morning - they don't know what it is - most likely the gastroparesis but they no longer prescribe the Reglan that used to help me so much. I came home and scheduled my gastroscope for 12/16 and emailed my doctor questioning if there is anything I can do in the meantime. I don't anticipate a reply w/the holiday. Urgent care doctor said that if this comes back I should go to the ER. Hopefully it won't.
The Ugly - no low carb for me for now - mini meals of mostly liquid foods - can have yogurt & cottage cheese. Has to be low to med fat because fat slows/delays stomach emptying. I just had 1/2 pack of grits w/1/2 tsp butter to see if this causes any problems. Later I will have low sodium soup. So now I will have to switch to a Juddd or WW type of diet until I see the doctor. Which of course means the 3lbs probably will not stay off.

Boy I was feeling so good and then the whole bottom fell out - things can change so quickly.

Doc said that they have been seeing a stomach virus w/low grade fever, diarrhea and vomitting. I do not have fever, slight diarrhea but not really and no vomitting - nausea. so stomach virus is unlikely. I did a lot of physical work yesterday including a lot of exercises involving my abdomen - I wonder if that could be the cause - tight muscles? But my muscles are not sore - and it was definitely small bowel, colon and stomach that were cramping severely.

Truth be told, I have been feeling that sense of fullness in my stomach for quite a while and I really do think it is the GP. Boy I remember how sick I was years ago with that - many a night was spent on the bathroom floor until they gave me the reglan. Don't know how they will treat it now......going to try some really weak coffe w/powdered creamer - no milk or half and half...........
Old 11-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #702
Major LCF Poster!

just finished the weak coffee & I am getting a little cramping.......none w/the grits. Sending BF to the grocery for low sodium peanut butter & 0% fage or 2% fage. Thanksgiving we were not doing anything any way - if I feel better I will fix some Tilapia (easy to digest) and asparagus tips for me. I have been doing some reading and looks like walking after meals helps - so I will be walking tomorrow after my meals - taking today off.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:58 AM   #703
Major LCF Poster!

Still having some abdominal cramping upon arising this morning. Had heartburn last night and took a tums. Guess I need to let my body heal a while longer. I am going to try to exercise a little while and see what happens. I am down another 2lbs today. This is because my calories are sooo low since I am afraid to eat much - but it is also no exercise. So I am carefully adding foods that are good for GP but watching the calories and re-starting the exercise. Had my coffee, will have yogurt after exercising w/honey (good for gut). Do not know what I will have later - I know BF is hoping to go get something to eat but I do not think I can go out yet - it will have to wait til tomorrow. I do know I will not be eating eggs or hamburgers for quite a while!! I will stick w/chicken and seafood. I have been watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade waiting to see the 610 Stompers from New Orleans - they are hysterical and I know the guy that started the group - he is actually an appraiser we use - cannot wait to see them!!
Old 11-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #704
Major LCF Poster!

Still feeling a little bloated and crampy now & then. I did manage to do a Leslie Sansone walk tape (1 Mile only) + floor legs. Breakfast was 3oz of 0%fage w/1tsp honey + 1 tsp pb. + 1 coffee. Lunch was 1 caramel + 1/6 of a croissant w/.5 of 1tsp of mayo and .5slice of turkey bacon + 1T mac & cheese. Then I went to the cemetary, Big Lots & grocery. Came home and helped BF put together his LSU Christmas Tree! It looks cute and he is soooo happy & that makes me happy!! Later I will have a light coffee + another Tablespoon of mac/cheese(mostly cheese & 4 pcs of penne pasta) when I fix BF's Turkey sandwich on a croissant and mac & cheese!! So glad it is only Friday tomorrow - tonight I am going to put my exercise DVDs in one big case so I can free up some shelf space - this will take a lot of time and organizing since I have tons of them!
Trying to decide if I should try some ginger for my stomach - I also bought some Phazyme 95 to see if that works - not sure what I will do.......
Old 11-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #705
Major LCF Poster!

Only exercise I did today was reorganize my closet - which took about 2 hours! I removed all the clothes from the summer and put them in those bags that you suck the air out of - may try to go ahead and clean out all my drawers while I watch TV. BF had a headache last night and still has it this morning and he is a little nauseated. I sure hope this doesn't balloon into a really bad migraine. He has been doing really well - 9 days since the last one. MY GP is still here. Doctor called me this morning and said he is seeing what he can do to move the endoscopy up - that would be great! Meanwhile I am chewing ginger and will start drinking ginger tea - 1 cup in the am and 1 cup in the pm - I read about this online. Hoping it will help. Also sticking to semi solids/liquids. So far today - cup of coffee/5 oz fage/8pcs penne pasta w/cheese (won't have this again) & 2 tiny pcs of organic ginger. Not sure what I will have for dinner - maybe soup - have to go to the grocery to get some low sodium chicken noodle and a couple of crackers. At least I can make this work for Juddd. Weight was the same today as yesterday no loss today.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #706
Major LCF Poster!

Well it seems the ginger may be helping - no tums last night and I am going to the bathroom this morning - although it is weird, but I guess I have to figure it will be that way based on what I have to eat.

Weight -maintained. Even on less than 600 cals a day.
Exercise: Did an old Cheryl Tiegs video alternating cardio 1 min then strength for 1 minute for a total of 35 minutes. It is okay for the condition I am in right now and I like the fast altering of cardio/weights - you don't get bored.
Food: coffee + 1tsp of pb + 1T of 2% Fage + 2 slices of 60% less fat turkey bacon = 150 calories. Will have to see how I feel the rest of the day before I pick my foods. Last night was low sodium chicken noodle soup w/some Kraft parm mixed in - 2 plain soda crackers and 2 thin ginger cookies and weak coffee. Tonight I would like to try some fish and maybe canned asparagus tips, but we'll see. Lunch will most like be either melted cheddar cheese on 2 crackers or yogurt w/some protein powder.

I feel a little weird, like I am still "sick". I felt better yesterday - maybe it is the weather and that BF has been in bed w/a migraine. Very dreary day - it will storm this evening into the night when the cold front pushes through - it will remain dreary tomorrow.

Plans for today are to clean the bathroom/mop - bills for December and go through Christmas designs and maybe start painting again - tomorrow. Of course all this is subject to change!!
Old 11-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

Well BF's migraine blew up - he was doing okay then starting throwing up - poor guy, he is trying to tuff it out without any more medicines. I hope he can. I feel bloated in my lower abdomen today so I took a Phazyme 95 a little while ago in case it is gas. Dinner was 6 soda crackers (no salt) + .5 oz of Cheddar melted + 1 tsp butter on the crackers + 1 ginger thin w/really weak coffee. In a little while I will get a couple of giner chews - did not clean the bathroom since BF has been in there (I hate having to share a bathroom). I am getting ready to do some bills or at least prepare them all for the 30th-then Yoga for digestion DVD (8 min).

Tomorrow's plan is:
Exercise old Mary Hart video and rejueventics video! (about 50 minutes)
Food: Plan is yogurt in the am w/PP. Lunch - if BF is better will be out - I will eat plain fish (easier to digest). Dinner if anything will be soup.
My to do list: clean the bathroom, wash hair, get clothes ready for the week (it will be 49 here on Monday for the high-this is really cold for us), pack food - plan on yogurt, 1T peanut butter on 4 plain soda crackers - not sure what else. I already have my exercise plan - 15 min circuit workouts in the am w/extra cardio if I can and at night Yoga for Digestion (8min-old Rodney Yee video)
Old 11-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #708
Major LCF Poster!

Watching Bride Wars and trying not to be too depressed - BF is still in bed w/his migraine and still nauseus - took another phenergan supp., hopefully it will work. He can't take another pill until he knows he won't throw up. He wants to eat but can't - poor guy. Played w/the dog w/her toys - she is even bored. I am done eating for the night. Just had 1 ginger chew, did some bills, prepared all the others, wrote BF's birthday card (his Bday is the 28th), cleaned out some more drawers, gave the dog her pills and her treat......it is raining - I am getting ready to call it a night and do a little reading while I wait for the news AND try to remain positive!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #709
Major LCF Poster!

Bf seems to be doing a little better this am. I did not sleep at all last night worried about him and about going back to work on Monday w/my own illness. I had reflux last night and ended up taking a Tums which helped. Evidently I need to keep my evenng meals to mostly liquid.

Today:
Exercise: Old video w/Mary Hart - worked up a little sweat
B=grits w/1tsp butter & a little shredded cheese. Coffee & 1T peanut butter w/vitamins. Felt like I wanted something warm but now my stomach feels like it is burning a little. Lunch will most likely be yogurt w/some protein powder and dinner soup and tea.

Need to wash my hair, do my nails, prepare clothes for work and maybe go to the grocery for some baby food???

Oh and weight is DOWN 1.5 lbs!! Total lost since I have been home is 8.4lbs. Happy about the loss but not the way I have to lose it -
Old 11-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #710
Major LCF Poster!

Ended the day w/Chicken Noodle low sodium soup and 4 crackers - now my stomach feels bloated and burning - I ate it Friday (i think) and it was fine......guess I won't have it again. Oh well.....

I am done eating since 5pm and trying to decide if I want to try the Organic Ginger Tea - I think I will wait since I have to go to work tomorrow and I have never tried it - will wait til Friday to try.

BF still has his headache but doesn't want meds -says it is almost gone. He wanted scrambled eggs and toast w/jelly. I would love to have scrambled eggs but that is what I had the day I got sick and I am afraid to try them again.....may leave that till the week end and try Saturday.....we'll see. I think tomorrow is yogurt and protein shake - maybe some baby food or grits, not much to choose from.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #711
Major LCF Poster!

First day back at work - let it get to my tummy. I vow tomorrow I will not allow this to happen and I WILL leave my desk for 30 minutes for lunch.

Scale battery is out so I could not weigh.

Too tired, so exercise was only 10 minutes.

Food:
B=5 oz 2% fage + coffee + 1 tsp pb.
L=4 crackers w/1.5T of peanut butter
D= light coffee + 1T tuna

Also took another Phayzme to see if it helps.

Will play tomorrow by ear..........
Old 11-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #712
Major LCF Poster!

Felt pretty good last night after the Phayzme and today was okay! Overslept because I watched the Saints game -so no exercise. No weighing in because battery is dead in the scale. BF bought a new battery today so I will weigh in the morning.
S=1tsp pb + coffee (60)
B=grits w/butter & shredded cheddar(250)
L=0% Fage (70)
S=2 vienna sausages(70)
S=1tsp pb(40)
D=2 fishsticks + small lite coffee (160)
About 660-700 cals
I need to concentrate on more protein.

Tomorrow I will probably have a shake for breakfast and for lunch...? Dinner? I seem to do better going with what my stomach is telling me.....
Old 11-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

Today was not a good day - started okay although tired so no exercise (up late again). But then after I drank an Oh Yeah shake I got really nauseous, lots of gas, and had to keep going to the bathroom. Still have some upper right quadrant abdominal pain. And weirdly after drinking the shake my throat and tongue felt like there was a coating.....that took care of the shake. There are all kinds of viruses going around at my office I sure I hope I don't get anything on top of everything else. Work was also very stressfull.

Today:
Weight down another lb - I think this makes it 9 or 10 lbs at least I can be gratefull for that.
Food:
Biscuit w/cheddar + coffee + 1 tsp pb
Oh Yeah 8 oz shake
Fage 2% yogurt & small weak coffee
Around 690 calories

That's it so far - afraid to eat..........
Sure hope this cramps go away and I feel better soon, this is getting very depressing.

Last edited by Debbi; 11-30-2011 at 05:09 PM..
Old 12-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #714
Major LCF Poster!

Down another lb today that's 11 lbs!!
Feeling better today and slept better last night.

Food today: B=1tspb + coffee + dry cheerios S=2 crackers L=2% Fage D=1/4 cup Macaroni & cheese + coffee. Total cals=775

Still no exercise. Today was a very stressfull day at work. I sure hope tomorrow is better. Should warm up tomorrow so I might be able to take a walk at lunch! And it is FRIDAY!!! Looking forward to the weekend.

I do plan on eating yogurt for breakfast and lunch tomorrow and if BF insists on going out it will be either soup or seafood (bland) fish or shrimp - I do not want to jeopardize my stomach freezing up again. Then this weekend I will definitely be exercising.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is still the same - maintaining. Feeling a little better now (crossing fingers), may go out to dinner for BFs birthday w/friends. Feels good to have lost some weight and bloat!
Exercise: Old longevity video : Rejuvenetics and 10 minute cardio - Denise Austin
Shopping for Christmas gifts - way to crowded - came home w/very little...Bf is watching the LSU game and I am getting ready to go into the bedroom and watch something else for a little while.

Food: 2% Fage + 1 tsp pb +coffee
Had Teas tea pure green tea - added some lemon and sweet nlow and had a few potato chips of Bfs.
If we go out I will have either fish or chicken and water then a coffee whey we get home.

My mouth is so dry it is horrible - I think I am going to rinse w/Biotene tonight, wonder if anyone has had any experience with this?

Tomorrow: Hope to ramp up the exercise a little bit-maybe one of the old Firm parts video + extra cardio - we'll see. And while BF is watching the Saints game I will go to the grocery and run some errands. Not sure what we will eat tomorrow night....we'll see.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #716
Major LCF Poster!

Ended up doing Dance off the Inches High calorie burn Cardio Party - it was okay=40 min.
B=coffee/1tsp pb/fage 2% yogurt=250 cals
L=crackers=200
D=chicken w/just a little shredded cheese + coffee = 250
S=2T yogurt = 50
Total=750 cals

Weight: Maintained

Went to TJ Maxx and was able to get a cute little outfit for our grandson for Christmas and found a few office gifts.

We also went to WalMart - nothing exciting, just drinks for BF + toilet paper, water etc...

Very quiet, boring day. Waiting for the Saints game to come on.....

Tomorrow I will try to do at least 1 15 minute circuit workout
Food Plan is: B=yogurt + coffee /L=Tuna w/Braggs /S=few rice chips/D=leftover chicken + coffee. Hopefully work will not be too bad and I will continue to feel good. It is supposed to rain so I will have to park in the building again. I believe sometime this week we are having our Christmas Crafts in the lobby of the building I work in - I did get a lot of gifts there last year so I am looking forward to it again this year!
Old 12-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Did not weigh, did not exercise woke up wayyyy too late........
Work was okay
Food:
B=coffee + 1tsp pb + yogurt
L=tuna in oo + 3 crackers
S=2 york peppermint patties
D=chicken breast meat + shredded cheddar + coffee
S= potato chips

Around 850-900 calories - should not have eaten the chips/patties oh well

No trash tomorrow - not risking the stomach pains.
Tomorrow:
Exercise no matter what
B= coffee + 2 tsp peanut butter
S=tea
L= yogurt
D=soup + coffee

Should be around 400 total calories.

Hoping tomorrow work goes as well as today or better.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #718
Major LCF Poster!

Have to stop the boredom eating - leading to too many little treats! Stopping now.....
No exercise - woke up really late.

B=coffee + yogurt + 1 tsp pb (210)
L= 4 Libby's Vienna sausages(172)
S= 2 Choco covered oreos (325)
D=coffee + 1/2 of 1 serving of grits w/.125 of a cup of shredded cheese (150)
S=2T yogurt + 12 cheese nips(125)

About 990 cals - way too much for me.

Will try to wake up on time to exercise tomorrow although I really feel I need all the sleep I can get right now.

Food:
coffee + 1 oz cheddar (130)
tuna 1/2 can in OO(150)
tea w/lemon/sweet n low(0)
2 T yogurt (60)
coffee + soup (200)
Old 12-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #719
Major LCF Poster!

Still maintaining
Exercise: David Gray's Funk Factor (old video) 60 minutes

B=coffee + 2% fage + 2 tsp pb

Don't know about the rest of the day yet.

I am (knock on wood) feeling better. Gastroscope is scheduled for Friday - dreading this! Planning on going w/my friend today while she is running errands, it will be good to get out. The only thing I have to do is go to the grocery. I do need Christmas gifts, but I am not in the mood....well, off to get ready to go! Hope we all have a great day today!!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #720
Major LCF Poster!

Went to a holiday craft show w/my friend and to a few other stores then we ended up having a late lunch at Landry's Seafood restaurant. I feel bloated from the sodium, but it was a nice day. I need to go out w/my friends more often.

Tomorrow I plan on doing a Firm Video followed by 10-15 minutes of cardio. Breakfast will be no salt cheese grits. Lunch most likely will be yogurt and dinner either fish or chicken depends on what BF feels like. I really want to work on my clothes tomorrow and clean the bathroom in the morning. Hope to get everything done early so I can relax and go to bed early. Might even go do a little Christmas shopping.