Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
A friend brought me to pick up Bf's car from the ER. I am going to have some coffee and try to work out - I should clean up the house but do not feel like - I don't feel really well. Neurologist's office called and said stop the Zonisamide (new med) and see how he does. He is awake and complaining his head still hurts - not a migraine but it hurts. I have given the dog all her meds and taken care of her - I don't know what to do about BF - I have a very uneasy feeling......it is making me very nervous.
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #632
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Irish64
Stats: 169.2/148.8/125 5'3"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 04/29/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbi View Post
Almost didn't journal tonight, but feel like putting this down and getting it off my chest. BF has had a migraine now almost every day for 5 days. He went to the neurologist yesterday and go a shot, seemed to be doing better last night and this morning. Then at 3:30 at work I got a call that he was in the ER - he had a severe shooting pain across his forehead that caused him to lose conciousness briefly, when he regained conciousness he drove himself to the ER, but he was scared and called me - of course I immediately left work - terrified that he had an aneurysm. Got to the ER and the doctor who examined him said he thought it was just a bad migraine - gave him a shot, told me to watch him and if he develops anything unusual to call 911. So here I sit again, absolutely terrified, waiting for him to have a cerebral aneurysm. Between him and the dog I don't know which way to turn. I feel responsible for both of them and that it is up to me to make sure they are taken care of and stay alive! In feeling this way of course I neglect myself because I cannot do it all.......so here I sit again, depressed and crying, with my own chest pain and nausea scared to death. I won't be going to work tomorrow because I will have to get someone to take me to get his car - and I know I will be up all night worried. I don't mean to sound selfish and I'm not - I would do anything to ensure that BF is well but I feel I really cannot stand up to this constant worry and shock much longer. I feel like my health is really going downhill fast. I know it is all me -how I handle these things but I cannot change how I am or how I react, I wish I could, I wish I knew how - so I can save my own health. I am starting to think that once I know for sure he is okay, I may have to tell him he has to leave, I just cannot handle this any longer - I feel like I am his caretaker not his partner. I give and give and it is not returned. I know he loves me very much - this is just how he is. And I love him with all my heart and will be completely devastated if he goes, but I don't know that I can take this pressure that I put on myself - being responsible for his well being. He has a family, brother, sister, 2 daughters, mother, father, step father, I really think they need to step up and take care of him, I think he needs to go up to North Louisiana where his family is. He just requires too much care for 1 person to handle. I don't know if I am ready to do this, I am just trying to think things out and weigh the alternatives. I just know I have to take care of myself because I am all I've got - the only family I have is my brother who lives far away. Financially this would have no impact - the little bit of money he contributes (not even half the rent) would be saved by the extra groceries, cell phone bill etc that I spend on him. The main problem will be that I will still worry about him getting the proper care - he has improved so much (except for the migraines) that I know no one will look out for him to make sure he is taking his meds (medical and psychiatric) - he needs to be constantly reminded. I pay all his bills for him ( with his money) and make sure he gets to his doctor appointments and always has his medications. None of his family will put the time in that it takes so that he stays well and I fear that sending him home is his death sentence. Aside from that I will be very lonely and the dog loves him so much - they are inseparable - she will be devastated and so will he.......but it has come down to his health or mine at this point. I have a lot to think about. For now, since I cannot do it all, I will call out sick tomorrow and maybe Friday too.....will have to see how it goes.

This morning started out pretty good - just goes to show you never know what is around the corner.......I did manage to workout this morning, about 35 minutes of The Firm's- Firm Cardio. My food started out well and based on my stress levels it really hasn't ended as bad as it could have. One good thing about staying home tomorrow is that at least (if BF is okay) I can get some good exercise in and eat better. I even feel guilty about staying home if I really am not seriously ill - must be that Catholic upbringing!
I think you need this. You need to take care of you. I understand you feel you have to take care of your BF and dog, but if you don't take care of you who will take of them as well as yourself. Its time for the BF to go to a new neurologist or two and find out what is causing the migranes. Something is trigerring the migranes. My Mom has migranes which are brought on by food - mostlly chocolate and diet drinks. He may have a food allergy which is bringing it on. You are in my thoughts and remember to take care of you. Yes I know I sound like a mama hen, but you need some mothering at the moment. PS don't give him a choice, make the appointment and make sure you go with him.
Irish64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbi View Post
A friend brought me to pick up Bf's car from the ER. I am going to have some coffee and try to work out - I should clean up the house but do not feel like - I don't feel really well. Neurologist's office called and said stop the Zonisamide (new med) and see how he does. He is awake and complaining his head still hurts - not a migraine but it hurts. I have given the dog all her meds and taken care of her - I don't know what to do about BF - I have a very uneasy feeling......it is making me very nervous.
Call a new neurologist today and see if they can see him immediately. People who have migranes normally don't have them constantly like he seems to. Question the doctor when you get in and ask if there are any tests he should have, allergy test, don't drag your feet follow your instincts. Get him some new medical help asap.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much Irish. Your advice is good and I intend to find a new neurologist for him. I firmly believe his dependence on Diet Drinks is what triggers this - he NEVER drinks water. He was drinking diet caffiene free coke all day long and has recently switched to diet 7up w/ Splenda or just regular 7up but I am putting my foot down and have told him going forward - only 1 diet drink w/splenda per day and the rest is to be Water and I want him drinking at least 2 bottles of the water in my presence. If he cannot do this then he needs to move out.

Unfortunately we ended up in the hospital emergency room last night around 8:30 pm - the headache was not going away and I was scared he was having a cerebral aneurysm and I wanted him to have a Cat Scan. Long story short - they did the CT & it was normal, which greatly relieved both of us but they could not get rid of the headache or vomitting for hours. He had IV: Phenergan, Zofran, more Phenergan, Toradol, Compazine, and finally Dilaudid and Decadron. They also gave him fluids - an IV w/magnesium. The IV Dilaudid reduced the headache almost immediately from a 10 to a 1 and we finally left and got home at around 3am. They also did lots of lab work and it was all normal. We came home, went to bed and this morning he woke w/nausea and a headache at about a level 4 - he took his Phenergan,Maxalt, Percocet and then 2 hrs later another Percocet and now finally the headache is completely gone - first time since Monday. I went to Church and lit a candle to St Jude (Patron Saint of the Hopeless) and prayed and brought home some Holy Water which I placed on BF's head. He said he felt a warmth when I did that. Anyway, my Catholic upbringing has taught me to always turn to God and prayer - probably should have done this sooner rather than later.

I had to get up by 8 to call work and tell them I wouldn't be in and then take the dog to the Vet for her blood work - bad news, the platelets are going back down - the pathologist said last week they were 320 and this week they are 120, however he did see clumping which could be causing a false reading and if so, then the platelets would be around 200 - still lower than last week but within normal limits. So, continue with all the meds and come back for more blood work next Friday. The White Blood Cell Count and the Neutrophils are normal now, so that's good!

Unfortunately, no exercise for me the last two days and no dieting either - not really eating badly, just not eating. Last night around midnight I went looking for bottled water at the hospital and saw the snack machines......but did not get anything!! Just the water. I know I cannot live on water and coffee and I have had a yogurt today and salad last night before the hospital trip. I will probably cook a burger tonight if BF can stomach it. I warmed some good crusty French Bread in the oven for BF w/butter which he loved and I had a very small piece for lunch.

Hoping and Praying we are over this crisis.

My big issue is that I have to realize that I cannot control any of this and I have to stop trying - it is out of my hands. BF has to take care of himself and we have to do whatever we can within our means to help the dog and leave the rest to God. This is the only way I will get any peace.

Last edited by Debbi; 07-22-2011 at 04:06 PM..
Old 07-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

BF made it through the night with no headache and he says he has no headache this morning - but he is still sleeping.

Today:
Exercise: Leslie Sansone Walk away your hips and thighs firming & walking segments + Kathy Smith Standing Ab work and stretching. Good solid workout

Food:
Coffee + plum
cottage cheese (drained salt off) + 1T Whipped Peanut butter.

Getting ready to wash my hair, dress & maybe do something w/my friend today - we'll see - depends on how BF feels.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

Changes:

Food:
B=coffee + plum+ coffee
L=Whipped Peanut Butter + 1/3 power crunch bar
D=Bravos - Tilapia w/lemon butter sauce w/pcs of crabmeat + veggies (I also had a tiny pc of bread dipped in olive oil and a small pc of the pan fried potatoe.
S=coffee + mint

Not exactly on plan but no sugar except for the peppermint patty.

My friend called and BF was having another headache & so I was depressed and decided to go out with her - so glad I did - it was like old times - lots of talking and shopping -or rather looking - did not buy anything except the peppermint patty from sucre. And my friend treated me!! It felt good to get out of the apartment and away from BF.

He started getting the headache when he came back from his lunch at McDonald's and I found out he had a Diet Coke which I specifically told him he had to stop drinking since they have aspartame. Now I have told him if he chooses to drink and eat things that cause migraines then he needs to do it somewhere else and move out. I hate to be so mean but this is just terrible. Even though I am not the one with the migraine it is very depressing to live in this environment and I am certain that it is one of the stressors that is contributing to my weight gain. The last two days that he was sick I was so stressed that I barely ate anything and still did not lose 1oz so stress is definitely a factor.

I do feel better about myself today, just getting out w/a friend and doing something has been such a help in lifting my spirits. Especially since this was the weekend my brother was supposed to come in town but couldn't - I really miss seeing him.

Well, on to tomorrow!! Will compensate for tonights big dinner by cutting calories way back.......and get back on track for the week....I just know I am going to lose some weight this week - come hell or high water, I will exercise for 30 minutes every day and I will eat on plan. I will not let anything deter me - not work, not BF, not the dog, not even my own aches and pains. This will be my NO EXCUSES week!!
Old 07-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #637
Senior LCF Member

Glad to hear you took some time for yourself and put your foot down with the bf and the diet drinks. He is responsible in the end. Put you first and let everything fall into place. You are worth it. Have a great weekend!
Old 07-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks again Irish - will defintely try to remember what you have said "put yourself first & let everything else fall in place". I like this !! Oh and congrats on the weight loss - you are doing great!

Exercise: Basic Taebo + Gilad Upper body - really love Gilad
Food: Coffee + 1 tsp Omega PB before working out w/vits/Snack=1oz cream cheese/don't know about dinner yet.

Lots to do today - once the weather lets up then I will go to the grocery for a few things; boil eggs; get things ready for work; go through bills and pay any that are due; watch NJ Housewives!!

Weight today was up a lb which I figured - due to the sodium (I could taste) in the restaurant food yesterday. Plus I probably ate around 1200-1300 calories - way too much for me. Will do better today and get on track for weight loss - really putting forth effort for the next 2 weeks. Will try to concentrate on fasted cardio in the morning followed by 1/2 grapefruit then 30 min later a boiled egg/lunch will be 1/2 sandwich on low carb toast/dinner will be either soup or veggies w/cheese or egg or yogurt or cottage cheese (drained for the sodium). And I will see where I am next Sunday before drastically changing anything.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:21 AM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

Starting off the weekend well!! Sophie got a good report at the Vet yesterday - platelets are good, we can start tapering off the steroids and she doesn't have to go back for 2 weeks!! BF did not have a headache yesterday - finally!! And I feel good as well!! Only 20% chance of rain - which means it will be pretty day but hot!!

Exercise: 40 minute interval/circuit workout + 20 minutes Classical Stretch Hips & Hamstrings......Loved both!!

Pre-workout: 1 cup of coffee
Breakfast=Eas Carb control shake

Hoping to have a decent burger out today - really craving red meat for some reason. Snack will be some cottage cheese and artichoke leaves.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #640
Major LCF Poster!

Food wise today:
Pre Workout - coffee
B=EAS carb control shake
L= teeny tiny salad w/a little cheese and bacon bits
D=Copeland's - 3 Bayou Broccoli (OMG - delish!) This has breading and I should not have had it but could not resist - the inside is cheese, bacon, broccoli.......
After dinner: Coffee

Pretty good day - went to pay for the storage, Stein Mart, Copelands, Target and World Market (bought some wine on sale - will have glass after every 5lbs lost!). CVS as well - a couple of times. I need water & eggs but don't feel like going out again - we'll see, maybe later.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:43 AM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

Weight: Down 1.2lbs
Exercise: Kickboxing Dvd - 40 minutes; Classical stretch Hip & Fascia segment - both were great workouts and the classical stretch dvd really helped me loosen up my hips and fee.

Food:
Pre workout: coffee
B: (11:00 am) more like brunch: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (strained) and 2 oz low carb vanilla yogurt - mixed. Was just okay. Probably would have liked just the cottage cheese.

Today I have to go to the grocery and will drive to landlord's house to pay rent due tomorrow. Wash hair, prepare for work tomorrow etc......

Not sure what dinner will be - still trying to have a burger..............
Old 07-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Uh ..Oh...got the burger took a couple of bites - delish - but after my shower I started having tummy issues so I wrapped the burger up and refrigerated it for tomorrow - too scared to try to eat it now. Funny, I was fine earlier today. Just about every night for at least the last 10 days I have been having severe heartburn. I have a sliding type hiatal hernia and I think think the stress has finally gotten to me - physically - I hope I can concentrate on getting this to go away. In fact last night I had it so bad 2 extra strength tums did nothing - I had to sip on hot sprite and could lay down to go to sleep for quite a while. It finally subsided and I slept okay - no real problems during the day. I had this when I first got married in the 80's - ended up on all kinds of meds & diagnosed with ulcers in the stomach, small bowel and gastroparesis - which I still feel now and then. I really need to find a decent doctor! The only thing that ended up helping me back then was Imodium and Reglan - that finally helped - and then when I lost weight it all cleared up. Of course now that I have put weight back on it makes sense that it would flare up again but I am no where near as heavy as I was back then - oh well - I will just watch it for a while - eliminate gluten and eat mostly plain food and really light coffee or tea.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #643
Major LCF Poster!

No exercise - overslept and still feel really tired. Bf had a migraine last night and now again this evening. I don't know what it will take to get across to this doctor that something is not right - but her last shot is Wednesday. After that we find a new neurologist.

Food was less than stellar. Not stressing about it. Still nursing my stomach and esophagus - I think I may be getting that ulcer - I guess 6 yrs of chronic high stress could do that to you!! Oh well, not stressing about that either.

Tomorrow I plan on getting up early enough to exercise for at least 40 minutes of cardio fasted/ss and have eggs for breakfast when I get to work; lunch will be tuna; dinner - not sure.

Very calm day at work - really too boring. Manager signed me up for a class in Baton Rouge in October which I am looking forward to.....

Realy need to get to bed early tonight but the Housewives of NY reunion Part 2 is on.....we'll see...........
Old 08-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

Only walked a mile this morning - better than nothing......so far no headache for BF and we go to the neurologist tomorrow morning - I have my list ready!

Still not on plan due to tummy issues. Tummy is starting to do better - just had to take 1 tums last night. Have the heartburn slightly right now -hoping it goes away, will drink some water.

Tomorrow I plan on getting in some good exercise since we don't leave for the doctor until 9am. Afterwards I will go to work - I am guessing around 11 ish - wonder where I can park??????/ Food should be better tomorrow as well since I can eat Breakfast at home - might just have a shake and then pick up something for lunch since I cannot bring anything. We'll see......I am trying to keep stress off of me so my stomach will feel better - so I am not really trying to stick to a rigid plan, I feel like I need flexibility until I can feel some relief from all this stress. Definitelly not an authorization to eat everything in sight - I am watching cals but trying to keep things simple and easy while eating bland foods.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

Today:
Pre workout: Coffee + CoQ10/B12/B5
Workout: Kathy Smith's Walk to Fitness + 8 min Zumba on Fit TV + floor legs
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs (2) w/1 tsp no salt butter + B6 and 2,000mg D3
L/D: Brisket w/mixed veggies + small amount of sweet potato + Vit E
Snack if needed - 1 square of 70% dark chocolate - Lindt
Small coffee or Tea

Exercising and running errands and watching QVC fall fashion day!! Today I will not overthink my diet - will keep it simple! Today I will not let stress get the best of me and sabotage my efforts.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday's plan did not pan out - but I did end up having my burger finally - at outback - it was good!

Today:
Exercise: Did Leslie's 5 mile walk - all 5 miles!!!! About 80 minutes of pure cardio - by about 1/4 of the way into the 4th mile I wanted to quit - but I didn't - so proud of myself!!

Food:
Coffee + 1 T Omega PB
1/2 protein bar (whey Protein)
Not sure about dinner - have to go to the grocery.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Did pretty good today - I know I will really feel sore tomorrow from the 5 miles which by the way included weights, band, ab belt!

Ran all my errands and finished early. Dinner ended up being 2 Tilapia fish sticks and some squash. Small coffee (weak) + few chocolate chips. Earlier in the day I did have 1 oz of cream cheese. That's it for the day and I finished eating by 6pm!! Meals were between 11:30 and 6 today with the exception of coffee prior to exercising.

Will try to keep exercise real simple this week by doing a weeks worth of walking tapes and throwing in yoga or pilates as I can. Will also try to stick to mostly protein and a little fat with a very small evening meal. But that's it for the rules - since I always break them, I am keeping it loose. Will try to listen to body and eat only when hungry and make good choices.

Tomorrow is "jeans" day at work if you donated to St Jude's which I did, but I have no jeans that fit, so I will wear a jean skirt and black linen top w/black sandals. At least I'll be cool in this heat. Will be watching NJ Housewives tonight - hoping I can get up early enough to exercise. Promising myself to remain calm this week.

BF went 2.5 days without a migraine-unfortunately he has one now. I am not getting upset. I am not getting upset......

This week it is all about me!! Boy do I need hair color! Will have to call and see if Saturday is open. My friend gave me a 150.00 gift certificate to Kenneths - never been there but as soon as I lose 10lbs I am going!!

Currently watching Hot in Cleveland - it is really funny! Wish I had found out about it sooner!!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:45 AM   #648
Senior LCF Member

Hang in there Girl you are doing this. Let the stress roll off of you. You can only control you. The outside stuff you have to learn to roll with it. Remember sometimes you have to be selfish in order to take care of you. You need to be healthy in order to take care of the other factors in your life. Keep on going you are doing a fabulous job !
Old 08-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much for the encouragement Irish - it really helps!!
Today:
No exercise - woke too late - guess I will count Mondays as my day off! Not stressing about it - doing the best I can!

No major pain from the 5 miles either!

Food:
Whey Protein bar + coffee
1/2 can tuna in olive oil + few thin slivers of parmesean cheese and 2 low sodium triscuits
2 peppermints
1 egg + 1.5 oz cream cheese
weak coffee

That's it - not perfect but getting better - Finished eating for the day and it is 6:15pm

Unfortunately BF has another migraine and it is a bad one w/the vomitting - I am trying not to stress or worry about it. No one ever died from a migraine. It is very depressing though and I am fighting it. Going to see what good shows are on TV tonight.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #650
Major LCF Poster!

Poop......no exercise this morning - BF had a bad migraine last night and woke me up at 1:30 and again at 3:30 - I woke up late as a result and very tired.

Food - just so so....started w/a small bacon & eggs at work and coffee. Lunch was a 2% Fage Yogurt. Then someone brought in cake and I had a very small piece.... Dinner was coffee and 2 tilapia fish sticks.

Will try again tomorrow for the exercise and eating on plan!

Work was very slow so I got to read the 80 pg PSMF book by Lyle McDonald - really fascinating.....I am contemplating doing it. It is done with real food not shakes which is good. We'll see!

At least today BF feels better no headaches yet......and he is in good spirits. Poor guy, nobody wants to be as sick as he is I know, but it is definitely hard to live with someone chronically ill. He will have his MRI Friday. Sophie goes to the Vet on Saturday. Hopefully everyone will get good reports.

Also got my order of SafSlim from QVC which is linoleic acid- safflower oil liquid supplement that is supposed to help you lose weight - especially belly fat. I read the book today at work as well and will most likely start that supplement on Saturday. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know! Thanks

Til tomorrow........
Old 08-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

Super busy week - rates dropped and we have been inundated w/files to underwrite. I have been getting up earlly and getting to work for 6:30 - no time for exercise or posting. When I did weigh weight was up again. I go to the endocrinologist tomorrow to find out once and for all if there is a thyroid or adrenal or hormonal issue. Will most likely not post again until Saturday.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

Haven't been in my journal for over 10 days - too much going on.
Weight is still up. I am extremely fatigued.

Went to endo, had ultrasound of thyroid - 3 nodules and a cyst. Having FNA tomorrow @2:15pm. Terrified........brother has come in to go with me for the biopsy. Had dinner with him and his wife last night at Emeril's - couldn't enjoy it though thinking about what may be ahead. BF is in Dallas visiting his grandson and daughters and will be back on Monday sometime after my biopsy so at least I will have him with me afterwards. Not going in to work at all. I am so nervous and worried that my heart is racing out of control. I did exercise this morning for about 40 minutes to try to exhaust myself to get some relief from the racing heart. But, it is still racing. Fixing to go to the grocery for some yogurt, throw out the trash, vaccum, dust, mop. Will bathe and do hair after that. I want to have a grilled cheese sandwich on my diet bread tonight!

Will probably spend some time tonight reading something inspirational to try to calm down. I just want all this over with -

Tomorrow prior to the biopsy I am going to exercise again - yoga in the chair, go to church and the cemetary.

Got my bone density test results - Osteopenia. Doctor who read it suggested that I have xrays of lumbar spine (severe scoliosis) to check for a compression fracture. Great, something else to worry about. My Endo said to take 2,000 mgs of Vit D and at least 500 mgs of calcium every day. Just realized stories of the ER is on TV - gotta change the channel!!

Oh and meanwhile, BF decided he has had pain on his left side of his abdomen (appendix was removed yrs ago) so he went to the doctor on Friday - doctor told him it could be diverticulitis or a tumor - wonderful!! So he is having a CT w/contrast on Tuesday afternoon. The worry and upsetment has not stopped for me since January 2005 - it has only intensified with every passing day. I am ready to give up. It is so hard to stay positive especially since I am naturally just a worrier. I always thing of all the bad things that could happen instead of trying to be positive. I am going to google positive thinking!!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:32 AM   #653
Major LCF Poster!

Well, today is the day - biopsy at 2:15pm. Soon as the traffic dies down I plan on going to church and say some prayers and light a candle. Cannot wait for this to be over. Praying that it won't be bad. Just terrified about a needle going through my neck.

Had a good rest yesterday and exercise was pretty good as well. Did Gilad cardio and toning and did some general cleaning.

Trying to decide what I will do today - either yoga or Tai Chi or??? don't really know what I feel like. Just know I do not want to do anything fast or hard.

Dog had me up at 3:30 am and then 5:30 am and then 6:30 am - so I just got up. Wanted to sleep later but now I am thinking that it might be best to be up that way I will be real tired tonight so I can sleep. Planning on going to work tomorrow.

That's it for now - oh before church I am going to the cemetary then after church the grocery to get some yogurt.

Later......
Old 08-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

Made it through the biopsy fine. Feel pretty good today, still a little sore. Especially when I cough. Ate all the wrong things today and don't really care - now that I do feel better however and the biopsy is over I am getting back on track tomorrow. I will find out tomorrow if I have Cancer of the thyroid or not. I am still very tired and have not taken any vitamins - tomorrow I will be back on track though no matter what. I will start my day with scrambled eggs and lunch will be yogurt and dinner will be - either tuna or another yogurt. And of course coffee. I don't know if I will feel like exercising tomorrow - maybe a short walk video. We'll see. BF had his tests today upper and lower CT scan's of abdomen - it was a tuff day for him!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:56 PM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Still no results - probably tomorrow. I called and they said they did not have them yet......waiting........

Still not exercising since I have to get to work so very early . Food is the pits. Today was not as bad as yesterday - tomorrow will be much better - just have to get the test results - I am so nervous.

Will try to make a plan for tomorrow:
Food: Coffee early then around 10 am yogurt - maybe tuna around 2pm - then dinner is leftover 1/2 sandwich from today - chicken and swiss (will only eat 1/2 the bread) + coffee. Easing out of carbs.

I have not weight - I know from the way I feel that my weight is up. Certainly the highest I have been since I dropped all the weight and I just cannot deal with seeing that until I know if I have cancer or not.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #656
Major LCF Poster!

NO CANCER!!!! Thyroid is functioning normally. We will do nothing for now - wait 6 mons then have another biopsy to be sure and to see if they have grown.

OK - other then possibly a compression fracture of my lumbar spine and menopause (post) there is nothing wrong with me metabolically - so it is strict strict low carb to begin with to find out what combination of foods is going to help me lose this weight. I am sooooooooo faaaaaaaaaatttttttttt right now - I am scared to get on the scale. I am have started my transition to meat and veggies today and tomorrow I will be strictly meat & veggies for 1 week - I will weigh on Monday morning and get the bad news. I attempted to exercise this morning, boy am I outta shape - good grief! Did a really easy video and only 35 minutes and it kicked my but. Will do better tomorrow. I think part of the reason is that I was up all night with foot cramps, the dog, the storm etc....I had my coffee, went back to sleep, got up and took advantage of the break in weather and went to the grocery. Then came home and took BF to McDonalds and I ran to the drugstore - then came home and exercised. I do so much better first thing in the am. Now I have done all my bills for the month and am getting ready to cook burgers!!

Plan for tomorrow is Boxing + Trudie Styler Chair Yoga. Coffee/leftover burger and don't know what else - depends on weather. Would like to go to a neighborhood restaurant for a broiled seafood platter.....yum!

Dog has been fed/BF has a migraine - so we are in for the night. Storm is still threatening.........good news is that next week temps will be in the 80's!!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #657
Major LCF Poster!

Still stormy but I think we may be able to get out a little while today. We are not flooded but many areas are. There are big wind gusts still and sporadic storming rain.

Today is the first day that I am trying Paleo to reduce inflammation - will see how I feel without the yogurt and AS.

Exercise was: Box out video/tonight I will add in walking after dinner - NO MATTER WHAT!

B=Coffee & plum
S=1/4 of leftover burger plain
L=1/2 of leftover burger
D=scallops in OO/butter + small salad w/Braggs vinegarette + small espresso

Need to boil eggs today and go to the grocery.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

Change of plans - decided to do the infamous 3 day diet to get back on track (loosely)- w/work it is much easier & since I want to get back on track exercise wise I need to keep it real simple and ease back into it. Will not be having AS and instead of the ice cream at night will have either a yogurt or coffee w/cream. Black coffee in AM. I don't have grapefruit so today will just be the toast/omega pb for breakfast no fruit. Lunch will be 1 toast and tuna 3oz and dinner will be most likely chicken and asparagus or green beans and coffee w/cream. Hoping this will help me get off snacking all day and back on track.

Exercise: Pick your spot pilates - standing and side lying series sections/1.5 mile weight loss walk/yoga on the ball (10 min). All total was 60 minutes and I feel refreshed.

Did not make the walk last night - did house work instead and went shopping at the mall. Today I will be cleaning out my closet and getting clothes for the week ahead together, going to the grocery to buy chicken to cook.

BF had a terrible migraine last night and we thought he was going to start vomitting but he managed not to.......he is still in bed.........weather is still windy and rainy but there are promises from the weathermen that this will clear up by noon.......hope so....

Back to work tomorrow and weather will be in 60's at night and 80's in the day - I may park at the far garage and get some walking in.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #659
Major LCF Poster!

Well I am back! Hopefully most of four medical issues are behind us for a while. BF just has to go see about the kidney stone. The dog has to go have another blood test and I will be going to a gyno in October - then in February another FNA of my thyroid if needed. So I will try to forget all this and move forward.

Fall is my favorite time of the year and hopefully I can get this weight off - I have gained so much weight! It is depressing....but onward and upward!

Today I have lots of little loose ends to get done - rearrange things in the house for guests next week, change air filter, put clorox tablet in toilet, package Qvc returns......and tonight I want to try to go to WalMart and TJ Maxx.

Exercise was okay - Leslie Interval walk w/band then core cardio .
Food: 1 T of sugar free salt free PB/coffee/ VITS: 1 200 mg CoQ10/2500 subl. B12/1 tsp Nordic Naturals CLO. After taking the CLO I had stomach cramping and I keep going to the potty.....

Staying home a while till I know how I feel. Hoping I can run some errands. Planning on Tuna for lunch and a burger for dinner and low carb small yogurt for snack.

Later..........
Old 09-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

I am afraid I cannot take the NN CLO - tummy was upset most of the day. Will go without today and see what happens. Might pick up just some Omega 3 when I go to Whole Foods today. I plan on running errands etc while everyone is at the Saints game so I wll be leaving shortly.

Yesterday did not go as planned and I did really well untill late last night and ate off plan - I cannot wait too long to eat anymore.

Exercise today was tuff but I feel so good afterwards! I did all 3 combos but only 1 round of High Calorie Burn w/Mitch and then I did Kickbox express which kicked my butt - 1 hr total. I will be feeling it tomorrow.

BF had a migraine last night - wouldn't be a weekend without one!!
I stayed up too late and slept too late today so I will have trouble going to sleep tonight - no plans to exercise tomorrow unless for some reason I wake up early w/lots of energy!! Found some jeans yesterday at WalMart that are light weight and fit me well - also found some Saints T shirts to wear on Friday at work - it was a good trip!!

Today I may go to Kmart/SteinMart/Whole Foods.....and/or back to walmart for a pair of those pants in black....maybe TJ Maxx but probably not........

Whole Foods - I want to get my Naked Chicken and some shrimp and string cheese and look at the vitamins.

Not sure what I am about to eat - probably just some turkey bacon and a tsp of coconut butter. Tonight will have the chicken and small salad w/asparagus.

The grandbaby is coming to visit Saturday and I have not seen them in a long time and really would like to lose some weight/inches by then - at least lose the bloat - so I am definitely low carbing!!! Also going to to try to eliminate as much sodium as possible (got the low sodium turkey). Will also attempt to go black in my coffee as well but that is not likely....but a girl can try