Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Ended up eating more than I wanted to - 1 egg +1/3 pc of sausage. Then later had 1/2 crab cake and 1 sl of cream cheese cake w/1 cup of coffee. Nothing to eat after 6;30pm. Bf still doesn't feel well, but no headache for now and no nausea thank goodness. As usual on a Sunday I am wide awake and I got up at 6:00 this morning. Hope I can sleep tonight and I pray Bf feels better.

Went to Whole Foods and bought the lump crab cakes, boiled shrimp, a 4 cheese small quiche, yogurt, sour cream, a larabar, popchips, coconut creamer for coffee, blue cheese salad dressing. The lump crab cakes are delicious - it was all I could do to only eat 1/2 of one. Hoping I don't gain tomorrow.
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Too good to be true....Weight is up 2lbs today!!! Has to be the sodium in the sausage and crab. Also had lower tummy troubles today - could not stay out of the bathroom and tummy still isn't right. Therefore my food was weird today.

B=coffee + 1/8 of a grapefruit
S=2 T omega Pb (made things worse)
L=very small pc of 4 cheese quiche
D=coffee + 4 boiled shrimp + 1 slice low sodium swiss + pc cream cheesecake

As far as exercise - I walked a mile to/from work.

Hoping tomorrow will be better......plan on having yogurt in the am, plain + shrimp, a little lettuce and blue cheese dressing for lunch; dinner will most likely be either soup or slice cheese & slice turkey + creamcheese cake and coffee. Hope to exercise in the am.

Bf's headache is gone!!! New Jersey Housewives comes on tonight!!! Hope I feel better......
Old 05-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

Weight: Maintained the gain - no loss - I am so disgusted.
Ex= Leslie Sansone Rock n Tone walk plus floor legs
B=yogurt 2% + coffee
L=5 boiled shrimp + Bragg's Vinegarette + 1 handfull of lettuce
D=2 fish sticks + slice of sf cr cheese cake + coffee

Felt better today until my work day took a nose dive......just horrendous - I work at the most horrible bank that just continues to mess everything up for no apparent reason. Not to re hash the day but I will go on record as saying it was one of the worse.

Work coupled w/no loss really has me depressed - severely - to the point of tears - I just do not know what to do any longer. I am so tired all the time - mainly from stress that I just feel like I cannot go on. Earlier I was so upset by something at work that I immediately felt my chest tightening, in all my years in the workforce (36 yrs) I have never worked under this constant stress in these conditions. I thought by now I would be gearing up for retirement but with all the major financial losses I have gone through since and including Katrina - there is no way I can stop working. I just keep praying that God will show me the way and protect me.

I have not turned to sugar or carbs yet - and I really do not have a desire to but I think I will probably have to give up the one thing that I think has been keeping me on plan - my nightly slice of sugar free cream cheese cake. I look forward to it every day and it definitely has helped me stay on the straight and narrow so I really don't know what to do about it. Trying to think of something less fattening than the cream cheese.

Tomorrow I will try to exercise and park in the garage - meeting w/Senior Management in the evening so I had to cancel my PT appointment. Changed PT to Thursday - I may call in sick and take a mental health day - run some errands that need to get done.
Food for tomorrow will be 1/2 grapefruit in the morning and tuna w/lettuce and Braggs for lunch - don't know about dinner.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Weight: Down 1.2 or 1.4 - cannot remember
Exercise: Austin - Cardio Interval workout - 18 min.
B=0% fage yogurt + 1 tsp marscapone
S=1/3 of protein bar
L=0 (in a 3 hr meeting)
D=2 fish sticks + coffee + cream cheesecake

Planned on a salad w/Bragg's and tuna for lunch but - no lunch.
Work was horrendously bad.........hoping for a better day tomorrow but it doesn't look like it -the other underwriter will be out all day. She was out Mon, Tues and now Thurs. I think I am calling out sick on Friday. I have terrible sinus headache and took a mucinex. I am sure it is from relocating my office and will now have to get used to all the different allergens in the new office - great. This coupled w/my normal head and neck pain is really making me feel ill. Hoping it doesn't get worse tomorrow and I can make it in to work since I will be the only underwriter there.

Don't know what tomorrow will bring...........

Last edited by Debbi; 05-18-2011 at 05:12 PM..
Old 05-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

Weight: Maintained
Exercise = nothing/planned to do sleep later

B=0% Fage + Coffee
S=1 protein bar
L=low sodium tuna/small amount of lettuce/Bragg's vinegarette
D=coffee + 2% Fage (4oz) + mini spinach quiche - no crust

That's it. I really miss my cream cheesecake but I am going to try to do without it for the next few days and see if it makes a difference.

I am past the point of stress w/work - everyday I feel like I am getting closer to a heart attack. I am calling out sick tomorrow to try to rest and get my "nerves" back in order. I won't be at work Monday either because I go to training from 9 til 4. I am sure I will have hell to pay on Tuesday. I have resisted calling out because the work backlash will be tremendous but I have to take care of myself.

Tomorrow I have to go have lab work done and take care of responding to the IRS and get my medical bill straight and get a brake tag. I will also take time to exercise and eat right and take my vitamins.

Bf had a headache last night and now he has one tonight - he thinks as do I that it is sinus bringing it on. I felt like I was having terrible sinus last night but I took 1 Mucinex, 1 advil and my regular antihistamine and I was fine today. But I can still feel a little drainage, but no headache. Funny, sometimes when I take the advil I am pain free for 2 days - hope this does not affect my weight loss.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Weight: Maintained
Exercise Gilad DVD - cardio & floor legs
B=2% fage + Omega PB + coffee
L=2 rice crackers + 1/2 protein bar
D=???? + coffee
Stayed home - went to doctor and had lab work. Straigtened out my hospital account and have a call into BF's doctor regarding a new prescription that he says he knows nothing about.
Waiting for work to email me an appraisal to review and sign off on. And I am monitoring my work emails. I am starting to feel more relaxed now - really needed this day.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #577
Major LCF Poster!

Day is over food wise - ended up eating out w/BF around 3pm - had dinner salad w/blue cheese dressing and 1 cutlet plain and iced tea unsweetened. Went to Macy's and bought a cute Olivia and Joy purse and a pair of earrings. BF bought me a Lacoste Tshirt w/his credit and let me use his Macy's card so I could save 25%!!!

Unfortunately even at home work got the best of me and I felt my pressure going up - but it all turned out okay. BF has me upset because he has another migraine. He will have to start on the steroid dose pack tomorrow. Dr said three days worth of headaches and do the steroids. So, it is steroids tomorrow.

All in all the day was okay - would have been much better had work not called and emailed. Good news is I go to training on Monday so no work Monday either!! And training is 5 minutes from my house - I don't have to get there til 9am and we are out around 3:30 ish. Hope the weekend goes well!!
Old 05-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

Weight: Maintained againn....

Exercise: 60 minutes of interval cardio/circuits w/kettlebells
Pr work out - 2 tsp pb + coffee w/vits
B: 1 Advantage low carb EAS shake + 3 fresh cherries
Don't know about the rest of the day yet.......still want a burger!! But I don't know about that -

Don't know about the rest of the day yet.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Had a snack of PB - Omega/flax brand. Around 3:30 we went out to eat w/a friend to a new restaurant and I ate waaayyy more than I am used to eating. I had the most delicious romano encrusted chicken salad w/blue cheese dressing and it was huge. I ate just about all of the chicken and about half of the lettuce, also had an iced tea. I am still just stuffed!! Thank goodness I did 60 min of cardio/weight intervals - I probably burned about 500 calories and I am sure that salad was around 700 cals!! Hope I don't gain weight. Nothing tasted especially salty. I will have some lemon water in a little while. BF had the fried shrimp and our friend had redfish and pasta. It was all good. Oh and BF had gumbo and our friend had the most delicious looking french onion soup and both had dinner salads. Next time I go I will have grilled fish and salad.

Of course this means a tough workout tomorrow morning and eating very lightly!!

Waiting for the friend to call to take a ride w/her to pick up her daughter and boyfriend from the airport - their flight arrives at 8:30pm. Would like to go to Tj Maxx but BF who is on the steriod dose pack now has another migraine - 4 in 4 days. Put a call into the doctor to ask if he can have migraine meds while on the steriods - they said yes. I wish I did not worry about things so much - it goes straight to my heart and my stomach. I really need about 2 weeks alone on a beach to relax - spa food and a massage every evening!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #580
Major LCF Poster!

Day 4 of maintaining my weight - Glad it is not going up but I am busting my but exercising and I need it to come down - quickly!!!

Exercise Walked 3 miles and did Winsor Pilates legs - total of 70 minutes

B=1/2 cup 2% Fage/1.5T of Omega PB/4 cherries + coffee
L=1oz cream cheese + 1 boiled shrimp + 1 Tiny bite of catfish
D=coffee + 2 fish sticks + a small slice of diet cream cheesecake -added it back because it is not making a difference in whether I lose or not.

I hate taking my shower in the morning - I like doing it at night. But my hair was so sweaty from exercising I had to wash it and I feel so hot now from the hot shower.

BF seems to be doing okay today (crossing fingers). I am really tired......still have to write the IRS back. Still have to paint toenails and iron clothes for tomorrow.......

Tomorrow:
Exercise: Tracy Anderson Beginners dance - Tracy Anderson Mat workout - UB
B=yogurt + coffee L=???will be in training and they usually send out. I will bring my protein bar just incase. D=???again not sure because we may be going out for a birthday dinner for a friend.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Weight: Up .8 .....
Exercise = Yoga for relaxation
B=coffee + 1 egg + 1oz cheese + 1 tsp unsalted butter
L= Today was training in another location w/no available food - we walked to a hamburger place but they were closed- walked further to a pizza place and they were closed - only place left was Chinese - I ordered boneless chicken - it smelled, was dry as a bone and I was afraid it was rotten. I ate the rice and only the rice.
D=coffee + large slice cream cheese cake

Since I keep maintaining I am changing up food and exercise. I will exercise 30 minutes per day but easy stuff - relaxing stuff except twice per week . Here is the plan:
Tuesday: TA Dance + UB; Wednesday Classical Stretch + 1 mile; Thursday: TA dance + UB; Friday: Classical Stretch + 1 mile; Saturday: Walking for weight loss + TA arms & legs; Sunday: Budukon or Tai CHI + Chair Yoga

Diet: Changing to strict low carb under 20 carbs per day.
B=Black coffee + either eggs or bacon
L=Protein (probably tuna or salmon) + 1 cup salad + 1T Bragg's Vinegarette
D= 2oz protein + asparagus or spinach or broccoli or lettuce + 1 T fat + small coffee

No more sf cheesecake. No dairy , no fruit, no exceptions or excuses (unless I get sick of course). Plus I must drink at least 32oz of water per day.

Will follow this until next Tuesday - day after Memorial Day which is when I will weight in and see how I did. I will not weigh in until then in an effort to really stay the course and not give up or change things if I see the constant fluctuations on the scale. There is no reason I should not lose weight eating this way. If I do not lose after staying strictly on plan I will make an appointment w/an endocrinologist. I am also going to keep carefull record of everything - every oz that I put in my mouth, times I eat, stress levels and exercise. Now that I am off sugar I feel like I can really do this. We'll see.

I am a little worried about BF - his is on a steroid dose pack to break the migraine cycle and he slept all day until 3pm. He takes lots of meds and I am afraid that the steroids may be increasing the potency of the other drugs thereby increasing his serotonin levels - he has had serotonin toxicity in the past and ended up in the hospital with it - so I am watching him closely and monitoring his meds. He also needs to get his lithium levels checked. I have PT this week - I think it is Wednesday...... I cannot get into my office email which is making me crazy - I am guessing it is because my password has expired and I can't change it from home. Oh well - will have to wait til tomorrow........

Last edited by Debbi; 05-23-2011 at 03:02 PM..
Old 05-24-2011, 04:58 PM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Maintained and last time I will weigh until Sunday am

Exercise: TA cardio dance #1 + TA arms no weights
B=(best I could do) Coffee + 1/2 protein bar
L=3oz tuna, avocado, lettuce, Braggs vinegarette
D=fish + coffee

BF is doing better, work wasn't too bad - at least I did not let it get to me. Tomorrow will be another story - they are filming a movie all day from 7:30 til 9:00 pm so parking and getting in and out will be very difficult.

Last night I ended up going out to eat w/my friend for her daughter's B'day - did not want to but I did well. We went to the Rum House on Magazine - sort of Carribbean/mexican and really good. I had a mini Calypso beef taco without the tortilla-consisted of about three small strips of beef with a tsp of guacamole and sour cream - seasoning was terrific. All I had was water and no dessert!! It was really late when we ate but I ate so little it really was okay.

Tomorrow I would like to do the hip and thigh Leslie Sansone walk instead of the Classical stretch + 1 mile. Maybe I will do the classical stretch in the evening. I have PT tomorrow but canceled it since I probably won't be able to get out of the parking garage and because I am just so busy I really cannot leave early.

It will be hard not to weigh tomorrow...........

I will probably have coffee + bacon in the morning and for lunch another tuna w/lettuce and guacamole and braggs and then dinner will probably be salmon and asparagus or a very thin slice of filet and asparagus.......we'll see.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheryl0423
WOE: WW Points+ lost 24.8
Start Date: 1/20/11
Hi Debbi! Thanks for stopping by my journal Do you know what movie they are filming and who's in it?
sheryl0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Sheryl, I sure do - I'll post it over on your journal.

Exercise: None - fell back to sleep!

Food:
B=bacon & eggs + coffee
L=too busy to really eat - had 1 T PB and 1 Protein Bar
D=1 Chicken breast + coffee + cream cheese

Will try to exercise tomorrow.....
Hope food choices will be better also.
B=Coffee + egg
L=Tuna + Bragg's + lettuce
D=shrimp + asparagus + Bragg's + coffee
Old 05-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Extremely stressful afternoon at work today - Management is on a Witch Hunt because they don't know what they are doing - they have a problem and then they magnify it, over react and change everything at once. Everyday this week I have left feeling the veins/arteries in my neck constricting, heart racing and tightness in my chest and between my shoulder blades. There are already 3 people who are out on work related stress/medical issues........it is really really really bad. Never have experienced this anywhere else. I really need to find a good doctor and get a cardiac/stress work-up.

Exercise: 8 minute KBX/8 Min Latin Dance
B=yogurt +coffee
L=Protein bar
D=slice turkey and swiss + mayo + coffee
S=1T pb + 1 T cream cheese
Old 05-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Wow Debbi, I hope you go to the Dr and get that stress thing checked out. I deal with it daily also, panic attacks and anxiety. It is really scarey when you think your having a heart attack or stroke but keep telling yourself it's just stress....
How long have you been working on your weight loss? Thats a great job going from almost 300 to 157. Congrats!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Sheryl - I made a serious effort to not let it get to me today and I resumed taking my B Complex and it really made a difference - first day this week no racing heart!!

I lost most of my weight the first year I lowcarbed which was 1998-1999. In fact, I went from 297 in July of 1998 to 153 by October 1999. It was great!! Then over the course of the next year I got down to 132 and was in a size 2 Calvin Klein jeans. Then my world caved in when my Mom died in 2002, Katrina in 2005 etc, etc etc and lots of stuff in between along w/Menopause - which really did me in and the weight has gradually crept up since 2005. Started w/a few pounds up, then back down - up/down and then eventually, probably by 2008 - it just started going up as the estrogen plummeted. When they put me on the estrogen patch, my waist etc started shrinking again but then after a year I developed a horrible rash after just 24hrs from the patch that looked like a blistered 3rd degree burn - so I had to stop using it. Because of my liver I can't take oral hormones at all or Black Cohosh etc....so I'm struggling. Most of the hot flashes and night sweats have passed - but the weight is so darn stubborn.

Today:
Exercise = 0 - had to get to work early because I was leaving early.
B=yogurt w/strawberries + coffee
L= 10 potato chips and a pria bar
D=piece of veal + mixed veggies + 1/2 of a small salad w/blue cheese dressing (1T) + coffee

No snack yet.

Definitely hitting the exercise and diet thing over this long weekend - want to aim for at least 4lbs by Tuesday - we'll see!! I know its pie in the sky, but heck it's a goal to shoot for - and you never know!!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #588
Senior LCF Member

Wow I can't imagine how that must of felt to lose so much weight! What an accomplishment.
I had a hysterectomy Jan of 2010, and I truly think that now that my body is used to is new self it is allowing me to lose weight. I can remember when I was having all my female issues I got no where with my diet. I would lose 5 lb and as soon as my cycle would start I would gain it back +. I was on 18-21 day cycle so it seemed like I would never get out of it. I know how felmale issues can effect our weight loss but you have come a great distance so far and sooner or later your body will regulate itself. Just being past your hot flashes is a big thing!
Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

[CENTER]
Old 05-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Well - today started normally enough.....slept til 8am and decided I would not exercise that I would thoroughly clean the house as my exercise for the day and then resume my normal routine tomorrow. So I cleaned then dressed and we ran errands and ate a delicious burger at Houstons. When done, I got up very carefully because of an 8 inch drop from the booth to the floor and then I fell........fell hard. Soooo embarrassing -fell sort of on my left side - but hard - onto slate. Not good.....at least 30 people came running over and it could be heard throughout the restaurant. BF helped me get up - my knees and wrists were burning and my left ankle really hurt - I could feel the jolt through my head down my spine. I was strangely calm - I felt like I was dreaming it - I kept saying I was okay but I felt a little disoriented, dazed. A man at the bar said he was a doctor and he could check me out - I said no thanks. Then the manager came up and had me sit down and took my information. By the time I got in the car the pain was much worse. I called my brother and he said I should go to the Urgent Care and get xrays just in case. So I did and the ankle -which hurts the most is fine, the knee that is the size of a soft ball is fine - but it appears my right wrist is broken. They put it in a splint until the radiologist reads the film because they aren't quite sure. They gave me a shot of toradol and that seems to be helping the pain for now I am so grateful that I did not hit my head or nose or break a hip. Accidents happen even when you are being carefull. The bummer is -I have to type with difficulty and my plans for exercising etc this weekend will not be happening...........

Last edited by Debbi; 05-28-2011 at 04:29 PM..
Old 05-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #590
Senior LCF Member

Wow sorry to hear you took a fall, hope you are feeling better today
Old 05-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Sheryl! Still among the living. I have a high tolerance for pain and a low tolerance for pain killers! The toradol really helped. I did wake up a couple of times in the night with severe chest and mid back pain that was alleviated when I laid on my back - so I guess it is nothing to worry about. The wrist in the splint hurts only a tiny bit, the right knee is still hugely swollen and very ugly and somewhat painfull. It is the left foot that hurts so much - between the right knee and left foot it's difficult to put weight on either side!! So I wobble when I walk -

Of course no exercise today, no nothing.....except eat - ugghh...so far:
B=2% fage + 1 tsp of honey + 2 coffees
L=5 stuffed artichoke leaves + 1/3 of a no sugar low fat yogurt.
D=1/2 burger + 1 slice of diet bread w/butter (love burgers on bread w/butter) + 1 serving eggplant parmagianno.
S=cream cheese cheesecake (sf)

I am absolutely stuffed. I think I have been sympathy/boredom eating today. Housewives of the OC comes on tonight which I will watch and probably will have 1 more small cup of coffee and that's it! Calorie wise I believe I have had around 1200 to 1300 calories which is a huge amount for me. I hope I don't gain and just maintain.

BF has had a migraine 3 days in a row now and I have that to worry about. I am sure it is rebound now. The steroid dose pack worked only while he was on it - no lasting results. He is having way too many headaches.

His daughter sent us a picture of our grandson - he is walking now!! He is so cute......and he went swimming for the first time yesterday. They are in Tyler Texas - so far away, we wish it was closer. His birthday is June 25th he will be 1yr old. We are hoping to be able to go to see him. Hoping SW airlines has one of those low specials the do now and then so we can fly.

Gratefull no work tomorrow! I am thinking that I may need to go back to the urgent care and have my left foot xray'd if it is still bad tomorrow. If better I think I will go to the drugstore and get a brace for it , just for support.

I will definitely eat better tomorrow!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Left foot is still bad but the Urgent Care is not opened today. Funny, the right wrist that has been in the splint hurts more today than yesterday. Right knee of course is swollen and sore but seems to be starting to deflate. Work tomorrow will be difficult.

Did not weigh today - will wait til tomorrow to see the damage.......

B=1T Omega PB w/1/2 cp 2%fage and sprinkle of cinn. + coffee
L=most likely a left over burger
D=maybe avocado and boiled shrimp - not sure.

I need to send BF to the grocery to get a few things. My left foot has pain going up the calf now so I better keep on resting. I will also get the bills in order but BF will have to write them out. I am getting pretty good at typing w/only one hand!!

Happy Memorial Day!!
Old 05-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

Did not follow plan - friend called to go out - had small side salad w/blue cheese dressing and tea. BF had bowl of gumbo and garlic bread. Friends had veal parmesean and pasta. I don't really care for the restaurant but one of the local food critics raves about it all the time and he happened to come in w/his wife!!

REst of the day was stuffed artichoke and creamcheese cake and coffee. Not real good......but not horrid.

I did get ALL my bills done for the month!! Just have BFs to do on the 3rd. Have my work clothes ready. Worried about how the foot will feel after being on it all day. Will also have to call urgent care to check on my xray.

BF has yet another headache. Great.

I plan on watching Bachelorette and New Jersey housewives and the 9pm news then bedtime.

I did get a brace for my foot so I will wear that to work tomorrow.

My plan for tomorrow is:
No exercise
B=yogurt + coffee
L=chicken breast
D=what is left of the creamcheese cheesecake + coffee
S=1/3 of protein bar

Tomorrow will be a better day
Old 05-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #594
Major LCF Poster!

No calls from anyone today. BF said Houston's called and he told them to call me at work - but I did not hear from them. ER doctor said no break in the wrist. That's good news! My left foot is still bad and it is swelling more and becoming more black & blue and it is going down to my toes now. I'm a little concerned the foot may be broken. I'll see what it looks like tomorrow. Could be just that I was on it all day today.

Work sucks - but I did not get all upset - remained calm - trying to take the I don't care attitude. Hoping tomorrow is better day.

Food was just okay....B=Coffee + yogurt S= 1/4 protein bar + 5 almonds L=chicken breast + handfull of chips breakroom is full of goodies from the memorial day celebration on Friday so I won't be going back in there any time soon. D=coffee + cream cheesecake + 1T peanut butter. And of course no exercise.

Really tired tonight and BF has another migraine that's 5 days in a row. Very depressing.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Off Plan. Seriously depressed. Foot and wrist are still painfull - foot is even worse looking now - I will go back to the ER tomorrow after work for an xray of my foot. I am being bombarded w/files for the underwriter who is gone - having to clear all her conditions and re-work her files - I am really pi$$ed that she did not take care of all of this before she left. I am doing the job of 3 people right now and really don't need to have to re-work her old files. And BF has had 7 migraines in 7 days and has been of no help whatsoever.

I am so busy I don't have time to eat anything decent - I go in for 6:30 am and don't leave til 5:30 pm - just so I can keep up.....no wonder my foot is so swollen!!
Food has not been a priority but it should be and I will adjust everything tomorrow...pronto! Unfortunately I have eaten sugar and I really don't even want it or care for it that much any more.......so why did I eat it? I think it's stress, lack of planning and fast/convenient food.

Here is what I ate today:
B=yogurt w/strawberries & granola from restaurant at work + coffee
L=1/2 of WW yogurt + cheese nips mix
S=Luna bar
S=3 lindt(?) round chocolate things - not sure what they are called
D=coffee + very small cobb salad w/blue cheese + cream cheese cake.

This is a lot of food for me - especially w/no exercise......I have not weighed - scared to...will do better tomorrow and will weigh Saturday morning. Depending on what the xray shows and the doctor says - I may/I hope to start exercising again on Saturday.

Tomorrow's plan:
Exercise=0
B=yogurt from home - 2% fage w/cinn.
L=small cobb salad w/bragg's dressing (from home)
D=after ER - probably cup of soup and coffee or just a piece of cheese (babybel) w/coffee since it will be late.

Saturday I hope to at least be able to do chair yoga for exercise and food:
B/L=coffee + protein shake
D=grilled fish and veggies and a glass of wine!
S=coffee

Sunday: Hopefully can exercise and will do a walking tape + Classical stretch
B=coffee + shake
L=piece cheese + lemon water
D=shrimp & tilapia + asparagus w/braggs + coffee

And I will prepare for the week ahead and I will take my lunch every day!!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

Well I made it through the first week alone at work! A little bruised but okay - I actually feel much calmer without the other underwriter there...she was always complaining and causing trouble. She is really mean. Anyway, I went to the Urgent Care and had an xray of my foot - no break - bad ankle sprain. Doctor says most likely will be 2 more weeks - if not better by then I need to see an orthopod. I am supposed to keep it elevated use heat when resting but after being on it I am supposed to put ice - it is really badly swollen. Also my BP was up - he did not seem worried about it though. But of course I am - this has happened a few times.

Also hoping BF makes it thru tonight without a headache so that will be 2 days without one.
Gratefull for the weekend. Guess I can't exercise but I can do the chair yoga and BodyFlex - so I guess I will start that tomorrow. Also will be back strict on my diet tomorrow.
Today:
B=yogurt (2% fage plain) + coffee
S= baby bel cheddar
S=1 tsp raw coconut butter
L=salad I brought from home (leftover from last night) w/Bragg's
D=coffee + panneed veal cutlet (out) w/ a little mayo and shredded lettuce + cream cheesecake

No too bad or should I say better than I have been doing.

Anyway, the termites are swarming so we have to put all the lights out or they get through the cracks and get on you then die - it is really icky......

Tomorrow I plan on doing BodyFlex + yoga for exercise
B=shake w/coffee
late lunch/early dinner will be grilled fish and veggies + glass of wine!!!
Snack: coffee/small yogurt

Last edited by Debbi; 06-03-2011 at 06:37 PM..
Old 06-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #597
Major LCF Poster!

Well I braved the scale today - after a week of no exercise and not being on plan - and under tremendous stress - I am only up 1lb - thank You God!!

Today I did seated section of Awakening your body w/Jennifer Kries - waste of time....
She talks way too much

B=1/2 grapefruit + coffee + 1T Omega PB
S=baby bel cheddar cheese
L/D=4 fried shrimp and 2 tiny bites of a ribeye and 1/3 of a small Cesear salad -outback
S=coffee and slice of cream cheesecake

Today is the last day of my free for all - getting back on plan on Sunday - first day of the week, new start, new committment. I will plan and I will bring my breakfast and lunch to work everyday. Exercise ...probably not for another 2 weeks but I will try to do the chair yoga and body flex and I did order some chair aerobic dvds from Amazon today. I know there is sit and be fit on TV but that seriously depresses me and reminds me of how old I am - and I don't want to be old!!!!

Tomorrow I will def do chair yoga and maybe some pilates legs. I may look for a Kickboxing dvd that has an upper body section that I can do seated on my ball.

I plan on having 1/2 grapefruit and coffee tomorrow for breakfast -snack will be a piece of cheese, then for lunch maybe a yogurt and dinner (early) will be chicken with veggies - probably asparagus. Will watch OC Houswives finale Sunday night!!

BodyFlex is pretty short so I will most likely do that in the mornings during the week and alternate w/Firm's lower body sculpting workout or Pilates......the chair yoga is too long.

Foot hurts and I am starting to worry about DVT and embolisms. Stayed off it most of the day.

BF has been pretty good today and he did not have a migraine last night so that's two days - hoping we can make it three today.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

Of course all plans for today have changed!!
Exercise: Kundalini Yoga -was okay.
B=shot of black coffee into EAS carb control vanilla shake
L=Stuffed artichoke leaves
D=Tilapia + green beans
S=coffee + cream cheese cake w/ an advil

Foot is really bothering me today - woke up w/really bad pain across the top of my instep and base of my toes (on top). Weird - had not had any pain there before. Also can feel a pain in my thigh now and then on the outside. Bought some Arnica Ointment that I read about online and just put it on - seems to have helped a little. Will be taking my shower shortly so I am hoping that the hot water helps.

BF made it through last night w/no migraine and so far today - praying this keeps up for four days!!

Tonight is the OC Housewives finale!! Cannot wait to see it!! And now that I have eaten the artichoke leaves I am ready for a clean eating week....I am throwing ut the sugar free cream cheese cake I have been eating. Dessert instead will most likely be a carbcontrol or 2% fage yogurt after dinner with coffee. I was going to make chicken but my foot really hurts too much to go to the grocery or to stand on it too long. Just don't understand why the pain is getting worse instead of better?

I forgot all about my portable elliptical thing I got from QVC - so tomorrow I will sit in my chair and ride the elliptical if my foot lets me or.....BodyFlex. I will eat a slice of LC Toast w/Peanut Butter in the am and coffee Lunch will be Tuna and dinner....???? not sure yet but will most likely have asparagus + salmon and probably a yogurt after.

I took a baby aspirin last night and the night before so tonight I will try the Advil - hopefully that will work. A little worried about the leg & foot pain now.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

Well it has been one horrific week. Still cannot exercise and have to keep the foot elevated as much as possible - doctor said at least one more week of swelling - if not gone or significantly better then I have to see an orthopedist. Work has been so busy - Bf went 7 days without a Migraine but now he has had one for 2 days....FOOD has been atrocious - but that is stopping - I haven't weighed - too scared - will wait until Monday morning and try to get some of the bloat off Saturday and Sunday - going to concentrate on an old Jillian Michaels plan to get rid of bloat - Yogurt/fish & asparagus/watermelon/fish and asparagus. On the weekends I mainly eat two meals so I will try for yogurt/fish and asparagus and snack on watermelon and drink a ton of water and see what happens. I know tomorrow we are going to a very nice restaurant and I will get grilled fish plain w/lemon and butter and asparagus. I feel really swollen and icky . And I am determined to do some sort of exercise this weekend - bought an old Margaret Richard Video from Amazon that is meant for people who are injured - I was hoping the boxing one would come but no luck - so I will try that one in the morning and will check in on Monday!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #600
Senior LCF Member

Hi Debbi, sorry to hear you are still having problems with your foot Hope things turn around for you soon!