Old 11-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Changes...of course.........

S=1/2 low carb oh yeah vanilla bar = 100 cals
L=1 HB egg + 2 laughing cow wedges +2 melbas = 180
Breakfast remained the same and kept me full for quite a bit.
Still do not know about dinner.
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2008, 07:01 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF!!!! Weight = 162.8 - slowly but surely still coming down. New HRT patch went on last night.

Overslept this morning so no exercise. And tummy doesn't feel well - looking back over my menus it looks like I am not eating very well so no surprise I don't feel good - got to get the veggies back in there!!

B= Since I did not feel good the only thing I could stomach was cheese and crackers = 300 cals

S= 1/2 protein bar = 100 cals

L= tuna low sod + mayo + lemon = 200 cals

S=yogurt = 80 cals

D= 1/2 small chicken breast grilled w/ broccoli and coffee w/creamer = 250 cals

I am glad this week is over - I intend to get some good cardio and weights in this weekend.

Plan:
Saturday = Firm Vol2 standing and Vol1 floor
B=Atkins shake + coffee w/creamer
L=BLT lettuce wrap w/mayo(turkey bacon)
D= (out) Burger w/ lettuce and tomato and broccoli
would love to have 1 glass of red wine but probably won't - just coffee w/creamer

Sunday - Dance + yoga/pilates
B=Coffee w/creamer + 2 scrambled eggs
L= Running around so Protein bar
D= Fish and/or shrimp w/ asparagus and lemon butter + coffee w/creamer and 18 choco chips 72% cocoa.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

It was too good to be true...here we go on the roller coaster: 163.4 today. I figure it is the sodium from the crackers and cheese and eating out last night. I hope it comes off quick.

Today's exercise was Tamilee Webb Jumpstart your metabolism legs plus Defy Gravity Circuit and Callanetics stomach and leg stretches as well as the first 4 warm-ups.

I hit my forhead on the cabinet door (point) last night and had a terrible headache w/ quite a large lump - put ice and took a motrin -it is black and blue and still a little sore today, but better.

B=coffee w/creamer and 1T of peanut butter w/carb solutions vanilla protein powder and a little cinn. = 150 cals
L= going out so it will be a burger low carb - probably @ red robin = ???
D= plan on staying in so coffee w/cream and maybe a cup of veggie (low sod) soup w/parm and 18 choco chips.

Found Walden Farms whipped peanut butter spread - OMG it is the worst thing I have ever tasted - threw it away immediately.

Took 50,000 iu of Vit D today.
Scott has been on a tear since they took him off the prozac and now back on - he has made me cry twice this week and made me angry more than twice - his "bi-polar" episodes are bad this week. He says he feels nervous and anxious. He screamed at a woman in the parking lot yesterday - she deserved it - speeding through a parking lot cross walk w/elderly people trying to cross from the grocery - I mean she did not even brake - very dangerous....I cannot help but feel depressed when Scott's like this - I just want to be happy and calm and living w/a bipolar schizophrenic is like a constant emotional rollercoaster. He saw a man walk past me last night that looked like Abe Lincoln (hallucination). Now some stranger in a restaurant that works for a doctor (he goes to the same restaurant every day for lunch) has told him he is seeing angels - now he is wondering if that is true and they are here because either he or his mother will be passing away soon. Great - people who mean well really need to be carefull what they say to people they do not know.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Tday:

Weight =162.8 Dying to see the 150's again
B=1 protein bar/coffee w/creamer/1 T PB w/pp = 280 cals
L=???????
D= Roasted half chicken and asparagus

Ex= FITTV Ball aerobics /floor leg exercises.

Lots to do today - I hate leaving it till Sunday and I do it all the time - Dye hair/cook/bills/clothes for the week.....it's already noon....Scott is still sleeping.

Would love to do some sort of exercise tonight, but it is unlikely.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:34 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Weight for today= 163.0
No Exercise
B=2 eggs scrambled w/butter (tsp)/coffee w/creamer=220
S= Protein Bar = 170
L=1 melba toast/1 lc cheese/12 red holiday grapes (can't resist)=95 cals
D=chicken/asparagus/coffee w/creamer/18 choco chips = 400 cals

I am going to try to do some yoga tonight, but my track record indicates evening exercise usually does not happen.........
Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Tuesday: Weight remained the same = 163
Exercise= Yoga Slim (40 min)

B= Atkins shake and 1 T Cream cheese and coffee w/creamer = 290 cal
L= Slice chicken 1/2 sl swiss/1/2 sl 2% cheddar/1 tsp mayo = 280
D=chicken in lettuce wrap w/1tsp mayo/coffeew/creamer/18 choco chips =235 cals
Old 11-19-2008, 12:45 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Up again today = 163.4??????
Exercise Walk/floor exercises
B=cheese + 2 melbas + coffee w/creamer = 190 cals
S= Kroger LC yogurt = 80 cals
L= No time to eat busy at work so 1 Laughing cow cheese wedge/4olives = 80 cals
D=coffee w/creamer/small tuna w/mayo on 1/2 sl ezekial toast = 160 cals

Don't know what else - I am discouraged again. Not just with the gain but because my weight seems to get to a certain point then starts climbing back up and I cannot get past this hump. Too busy at work though to worry.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:45 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Up again - 163.8 - Seems if I eat over 850 calories I gain no matter where the calories come from - this really upsets me - I can do 850 for a few days, but then, I'm hungry. 1,000 cals seems to satisfy me but I gain

I do not know what to do any longer....

Despite the gain I did exercise today: Firm Cardio Dance Fusion - 25 min and floor legs
B= Kroger low carb yogurt/coffee w/ creamer
L=today is Thanksgiving dinner at work so probably chicken or Brisket and a veggie
D= Coffee w/cream and maybe some soup (low-sodium)
The only other thing I have not tried again is Food combining. I will also remove the creamer from my coffee in the A.M.

So tomorrow I will try: B=1/2 Grapefruit S= Egg L=Tuna w/mayo and lettuce D=burger w/lettuce and tomato and Coffeew/creamer(espresso - small). I also plan on having 1 glass of cabernet or merlot w/my burger.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Up again....164

Sooooooooooooooo Frustrated....
No exercise today
Mock cream cheese danish and coffee w/creamer = 400 cals
L= 1/2 of Atkins shake = 100 cals
D= burger w/let & tom + coffee w/creamer = 400 cals

I will probably gain tomorrow too up to the 165 then come back down to 163 then up again....this is the pattern. I will try my darndest to break this this week-end. I am going to do the food combining thing starting Saturday w/a 1/2 grapefruit for Breakfast etc....and I am going to change my exercising to AWT every other day w/ Pilates/barre/yoga type exercises in between. I will do this for two weeks and see if it helps. I will most likely go to the doctor the beginning of December.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:53 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Up again today - 164.8
Ex= Firm fat blasting cardio/circuit 40 min and 10 min progressive pilates legs...then I cleaned house for over 2 hours vaccum/mop/got on my hands and knees cleaning the floor and moved furniture....my back is killing me...

B= coffee w/creamer/peanut butter mixed w/vanilla carb solution proteing powder and cinn.

L= 1 T cream cheese

D= Outback - slow roasted sirloin w/tomatoes/spinach and asparagus. Also had I glass ofCabernet (for my aches and pains) and a very tiny piece of the bread. Very small coffee w/creamer.

I have no idea how many calories I have had today and I will most likely have to take a motrin or advil tonight. I will try not to though.

I have flies in the house started 3 days ago - killed 3 on day one, 4 on day two, 3 on day three and today 3 - so far. I don't know where they are coming from and I hate bugs....this really upsets me. I hope they stop soon. I called an exterminator and he said he could come spray, but it would not do any more good then just killing them w/the fly swatter when I see them. And I really do not want the chemicals in the house.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Ok - between the flies in my house and the increased weight I totally went off plan:
Sunday - wt=163.8/no exercise/cleaned house (more)/ran errands/not really hungry - choco covered peanuts/slice swiss cheese/egg & cream cheese in microwave/2 coffees w/creamer. Ate only when hungry and only what I really wanted, despite having cooked chicken and SHOULD HAVE eaten that.....

TODAY: Monday - no exercise - have to bring Scott for shot in head this morning. Did not see any flies this am.

Weight = 162.6
Coffee w/creamer/1 slice cheese/choco covered peanuts (few left)/cheese crackers/1/3 of a zone bar. Tonight will most likely be a chicken leg quarter and coffee w/creamer-if I am hungry.

Tomorrow I will try to exercise in the AM - AWT/Firm or Ellen Barrett Burn and Firm Pilates. We'll see....
Old 11-25-2008, 07:00 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Weight= 162.2
Exercise = Firm Calorie Killer

B= Luna Sunrise Strawberry Bar/coffee w/creamer
S= Laughing Cow Light Swiss - 1 wedge
Either Tuna and mayo or cheese slices and crackers - not sure yet.
Tonight will be coffee w/creamer and soup - maybe - not sure yet.

Weight is going down and I am trying to eat only when hungry and only what I really want - within reason - . Not going to jump up and down w/glee yet as I have been on this rollercoaster before. I am hopefull that I will see the 150's soon......gotta have hope. Not feeling pressured to eat at certain times or to eat certain foods feels good. As does not pressuring myself to exercise daily and then feeling like a failure when I don't. I am at a point where I feel I do still need to push myself but also need to honor what my body needs/wants. If I am tired I need to rest, if my body says it really wants soup or fruit or steak then I will try to feed it what it requests - within reason. I think it is a fine line between nurturing and binge eating - got to be careful that the nurturing does not lead to a binge and weight loss continues. There are moments in my day now that I almost feel relieved of the pressure of dieting that I put on myself. I come from a family that puts a lot of pressure to perform on themselves and if they do not measure up and fulfill that goal - the feeling of failure and guilt is immense. I am trying to stop that now and live a free-er life. Need to get out of the vicious cycle of perform-fail-binge-remorse-extreme diet-fail-binge etc......
Old 11-26-2008, 06:28 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Today:

Weight = 161.4
Exercise = Kathy Kahler cardio/legs (10 min)

Food:
Plan - when hungry: Cheese and crackers/coffee w/creamer X 2/ few choco peanuts/Kroger yogurt/Soup. That's it - purposely trying to eat as little as possible today because we will be going out tomorrow for Thanksgiving lunch. Just me and Scott - no family here - the holidays have been sad for me ever since my mother passed and especially since I have been displaced due to Katrina. More so this year since there is no money to travel home. The first year after Katrina, I remember I sat in my closet in a strange apartment and cried all day - I was displaced w/no family and friends, Scott had tried to commit suicide and I had lost all I owned in Katrina - everything except 3 days worth of summer clothes. We had been living in a hotel room up until October when we were finally able to get an apartment - it was just horrible. I never dreamed I would still be stuck in Texas three years later. I still yearn to be home where my roots are, but now not only is there no house, there is no job - casualty of the mortgage industry - the bank closed the branch down and it is difficult to try to keep things together here and look for a job 400 miles away. I just have to believe that when God is ready, he will show me the way home. Maybe that will be my present this year.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:46 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

So far today:

1/4 of Atkins shake = 40
coffee w/creamer = 30
4 crackers and 2 sl of thin 2% cheese = 180
few choco peanuts = 150
Old 11-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Thanksgiving Day:

Weight = 161.2
Exercise = Tough Aerobic Mix/floor legs

B= Coffee w/creamer/1tsp artisana coconut meat/1Twhipped cream cheese
L= Out - Turkey/tiny cranberry/little broccoli/2 bites of carrot/tiny bite cornbread/regular portion of cornbread dressing/peach cobbler - crust only.
D= coffee w/creamer/dark chocolate

Not too bad, but should have avoided the dark chocolate - it was only 1 small square though and nothing after 5:30. Exercise was great - Firm AWT always agrees w/me and burns calories. We'll see tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Friday: 161.4
Exercise: Meditation thru Movement (20 min) Method
B=coffee w/creamer
S= Kroger Yogurt
L=cheese and 4 crackers
D=small salad w/blue cheese and 3 fried shrimp (out to Pappas Burgers for dinner)
coffeew/creamer
That's it so far. Gratefull that I pretty much maintained today since I ate very carby and sugary yesterday!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:50 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Back up to 163.0
Saturday was 162.0/Sunday was 162.4/now today is 163.0 - and I ate pretty good yesterday. It looks like once I started adding yogurt back in the weight started going back up. Also, I simply cannot eat out - probably sodium even though I ask for no salt added and salads seem to be an issue for me and I ate salad Saturday and again Sunday night at home along w/broiled catfish. When I woke up this morning my fingers were really swollen, probably from the OLD Bay seasoning I used on the fish. Sunday morning I had yogurt w/flax/peanut butter/protein powder. Lunch was pecans and cream cheese and dinner was the salad and fish and of course coffee. This really sucks. Also I can see I ate over the 1000 calories - seems I definitely cannot eat over 950 then I gain - exercise doesn't really make that much of a difference in weight loss for me any longer. I exercised my butt off every day - over an hour. I seem to do better doing AWT (Firm) every other day and then either walk or short yoga/pilates session or nothing on alternate days. Anyway....here we go again....gonna stop the gain....

Today Wt= 163
Exercise = 0
B= coffee w/creamer/protein bar = 350
when hungry = boiled eggs/grapefruit half/veggies or soup

I am not limiting myself to strict times to eat - I do much better if I only eat when hungry and with the holiday and weekend I got away from that - so back to it!!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Tuesday 12/2
Weight=162.6
Exercise=2mile WAP high calorie burn and floor legs

Eats for today:
B=coffee w/creamer + peanut butter w/vanilla protein powder = 500 cals
L= Organic unsalted Brown rice crackers + 2 sl unsalted swiss and 1 slice 2% cheddar =240 cal
D=coffee w/creamer+hard boiled egg = 100

Ate way too much pb it is all gone now.........

Tomorrow I am planning to do an AWT tape and eat much cleaner.....
Old 12-03-2008, 07:47 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Wednesday 12/3/08
Wt=162.6
exercise: Body for Life for Her - cardio and lower body/the Taebo Bootcamp Elite 8 minute workout.

Today has already been a mess and very stressfull.
Someone brought Dark chocolate Bridge Mix and I have already had 160 calories worth in addition to the cream cheese on toast I had this morning. I am really going to have to make up for this today and get back on track.
For the rest of the day: 1/2 grapefruit + 1 HB Egg + 1 slice cheese....1 kroger yogurt.....coffee w/creamer X 2 and 1 HB egg
Old 12-03-2008, 08:05 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lippi
Hi, Debbi. I was just reading your journal and wanted to pop in to give you some support ~ you've gone through and continue to go through so much with your home and your BF. Many many hugs to you.

About your menus and your frustration about not losing ~ you are NOT eating enough, not by a long shot. Coffee with creamer does not a meal make. Your body is probably holding on to every last bit of fat because it thinks it is in starvation mode ~ it's not going to let go until you show it that there is a consistent amount of good food coming in. You need more vegetables without a doubt. Good fats like butter. Things like that.

I suggest too that you pop into the Main Lobby and ask questions about supplements and questions you have about menopause and weight loss ~ the women on there are very knowledgable about different things and are more than happy to help.

Good luck and keep on keeping on!
lippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks lippi for all the great suggestions - believe me I have asked my share of question in the ML!! I am sure some people cringe when they see my name (LOL)!

You are definitely right about the veggies - I have got to find a way to eat high quality veggies. I have tried to up my calories and everytime I do I gain so higher cals just isn't working for this time of my life - believe me I wish it did. Optimal cals are 950 along with 50 min of exercise (AWT).

I did not weigh today - will do that tomorrow and will report back w/food log later today - too busy at work to stop and chat!!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Weight has been up and down and up again.....all over the place - yesterday was 162.6 and today it is 164 - no reason as to why it should be up???????
Today = 164
Ex= 0
food
b= 1 protein bar + coffee w/creamer = 230
s= peanuts and raw coconut (10 peanuts/3 small slices raw coconut)=200
l= hamburger (made at home w/sl alpine lace cheddar and mayo)=300
d=coffee w/creamer + yogurt = 170

I feel so tired and I have been getting headaches again when I lay my head on the pillow at night. Saturday evening I was so tired I had to go lay down at around 4pm until 5pm - after I ate I felt more alert. I hope it is not the liver again.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Tuesday 12/9
Weight = 163.2
Exercise = Carribean KBx Circuit and pilates side series - legs
B= 1 sl Ezekial low sod toast and 1 egg and 1 sli cheese plus tiny bit mayo+coffeew/creamer
S=Dark chocolate
L= egg + 1 slice cheese
D= don't know yet.

I feel really really stressed. Scott had his second injection in the head yesterday for his migraines and got a bad migraine last night. Today he seems fine .....weather is terrible here. Work is really getting to me - I actually feel shakey....even though I am trying to stay calm - everything just upsets me today.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

I have not been making entries in my journal for a few reasons - the main one is that they Zeused our computers at work and now I have no access to make entries at work until I have time to figure out what my password is etc....Othere reasons are that life is really hectic right now - BF is having a series of migraines and now has the flu....the dog won't drink water....it is Christmas and we will most likely learn by the end of the month that our jobs will be eliminated.....it is Christmas and I desperately want to go home and I cannot afford to do that this year....property taxes are due and have increased, insurance etc is all due....BF wants to go home to see his children and family and we can't go both places and he cannot drive the 7 hours by himself since he has been having the hallucinations and shakes etc......what a lousy holiday. I feel so much pressure right now and I am just so on edge because of it and so depressed. My weight is still up and down - today it is 164.4 - yesterday it was 163.8 and the day before that it was 163 - still all over the place. I tried upping calories and that is why I am at 164.4 - I just cannot eat over 950 cals MAX. I am tired of trying to figure it all out. Then yesterday I called in my refill for the ClimaraPro Patch and now my Rx Drug company won't allow the refills - from a retail pharmacy - so now I will have to try to get the doctor to give me a new Rx for 90 days to mail away and I won't get it in time. They did agree to a once in a lifetime emergency refill from the pharmacy for 30 days, so I will have to do that due to the timing. Seems like they should have let me know this when I received my last refill not when I try to get the next refill - half a$$ company. Today I did an old Video - Joan Lunden cardio and floor toning workout for 60 min. then I did 10 min sol dance segment. It was ok. B=1/2 Atkins shake and coffee w/creamer L=cream cheese and mac nuts and dark chocolate. D=coffee w/creamer 1 slice of baked chicken and maybe later an egg scrambled or a cup of soup or nothing.....I really don't know....I hope things look brighter tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:29 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

I have been sick all week and unable to get into LCF from work. Went to the doc yesterday - Upper Respiratory Infection - possibly sinusitis - gave me Zpack/Zrytec/Flonase and a shot of celestone. I took Nyquil last night so I could sleep - so far this morning I really don't feel any better and it is day 3. I have not been able to exercise since Sunday and have been eating mainly cheese/crackers/coffee/lowsodium chicken noodle soup/eggs/and Christmas chocolates at work. I am home now through Christmas. We are supposed to be leaving tomorrow on a 7 hr drive to see Scott's family but that is unlikely since I am sick and the weather is going to be very bad when we would be coming home on Monday - Sleet - so I think we will wait and go after Christmas. I hate being Sick..........

Weight today = 160.2

Today I will most likely stick to the soup/eggs/coffee/tea routine and no exercise again.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:55 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Weight=159.8
Finally broke the 160's - barely and because I am sick......yep, still sick.

Unable to exercise still....
Food today = 2 cw/creamer/4 crackersw/2% low sod cheese 2 sl/cream cheese 2T/brownie)/1T tuna salad/chicken noodle soup -low sod - 1 cup

I have been averaging 900 to 1300 cals per day this entire week.
Hopefully tomorrow I can exercise again.

Today it was 80 and tonight after 6 it will get down to 40's and then Monday it most likely will not get out of the 30's.

I went to the grocery and bought ground sirloin to make chilli tomorrow - I am hoping I will be feeling much better. I only have one more day -tomorrow to take the antibiotic and we are planning on going to see Scotts's girls Saturday. I hope I can keep losing ..... all my fingers and toes are crossed.

Today's calorie count is about 1200 calories.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:00 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Finally starting to feel better.

Weight today = 159.2
Exercise = none today - gonna give it one more day

Foods for the day=
4 lo sod crackers and 2 sl thin lo sod 2%cheese
coffee w/creamer -2
small piece cake
chilli -homemade -meat only w/onion - low sod tom paste chilli powder....
2 T 2% fage yogurt plain
Calories will be around 1,000 today

Today I will work on going through my clothes and paying bills. Very cold here today and very windy. Scott had a migraine last night. I know we will be fighting about the heater today - he will be cold and I will be too hot!! Oh well.........
Old 12-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Today's weight =160.0 not too upset since I ate a lot of chilli last night w/shredded cheddar. Even though it is homemade it still has a lot of sodium and calories.

Exercise (finally) = light band workout and muscle mile = about 40 minutes - felt good!
Food for today =
Brunch = chilli (cannot resist)
coffee w/creamer
s= mini luna bar and hot true blueberry tea
Dinner will most likely be soup and coffee or omelette. Or roast and green beans..... I am going to try to eat earlier also and see how that works out. I really would like a piece of salmon but I am not going out today - too cold!!

It is good to be on vacation, but I am upset that I will have to spend the last two days driving 14 hours (round trip) to see BF's family in a teen tiny town in North LA. I would much rather spend that time home. It is too bad he can't drive himself. If plane tickets were cheap I would give him a rount trip ticket for Christmas so I would not have to go - but it would be around 900 for 1 person round trip.

I am also going to try to make this holiday as restful and productive and HAPPY as possible......we'll see...............
Old 12-24-2008, 08:06 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

I don't get it........weight is 160.8. I am eating exactly the same as earlier when I was sick and losing weight. The only thing different is 1. Exercise and 2. Stress level is up -Scott has been hallucinating again and acting like he is confused. I don't know how much more I can take. His migraines have increased again despite the second shot. I think they have increased because of the anticipation of his trip home to see his mother. He wants to go but I know he feels very anxious every time. He is from a very dysfunctional family - mom is #1! Both his siblings have serious issues........

Anyway - I have only had coffee so far this morning and it is 10 am. I am getting ready to exercise and go to Borders and the grocery. I will check in later w/food etc......
Old 12-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Something must be going on with the board - I had to re-register in order to log back in????????

Anyway...rest of today was:

2 crackers and 1 sl of lo sod lf cheese/coffee w/creamer
trail mix w/chocolate pieces
slice of roast/broccoli/squash/bite of sweet potato

Exercise was: Denise Austin - 20 min sculpt/20 min cardio dance/5 min warm up & 5 min cool down/ plus floor legs

Tomorrow we will go see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button @ noon (it is almost 3 hrs long) it was filmed in N.O. - I can't wait to see the scenery - I am so homesick....My brother called me from Canal Street today. He and his wife were walking over to Adler's Jewelers for last minute gifts and tonight they are eating at Antoines w/our old neighbors and their very large family. Antoines is in the Quarter and all the locals know that it is the BEST food in New Orleans - Trout Ponchatrain w/lump crabmeat - chocolate oysters - shrimp remoulade - on and on and on and then Baked Alaska for dessert - YUMMMMM. And it is beautiful and filled w/nostalgia and memories. My family took us there often. We had our own waiter!! They make something (appetizer) that you get for the "table" called potatoe souffle - it is actually very delicate chip like puffs of potatoes served in a huge basket. When I was little I used to go table to table asking for the french bread and potatoe chips.......They have a huge main room w/the tree and many rooms off the main room - it is just wonderful!! Now I am getting depressed, I want to be home............I am going to defintely put more effort into getting back there in 2009.

I have also been thinking about diet and I think I am going to clean my body out of all the carbs and do a clean 2 week induction starting Christmas Day - what better Christmas gift to give myself!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!