Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Did the Brenda Dygraf video - not enough cardio but it was fun and really good music. BF has a continuation of the migraine from last night and has been vomitting. So, another boring weekend and start to my vacation.........

I had an egg white omelette w/julienned veggies from whole foods and 1 T of shredded 2% sharp cheddar. Then I got in my closet and for three hours sorted clothes etc - looks great now and the winter clothes I put in those bags that you suck the air out of w/the vaccum hose. It worked!! Had a hunk of cream cheese - dinner was 4 boiled shrimp and 2 slices low carb toast w/no salt butter and coffee. Not much, around 800 cals or less.

Boy my neck, wrists and back really hurt - think I might have to take an Advil tonight.

Tomorrow I want to start in the other bedroom and get ready for all my appointments on Monday. Will exercise of course - probably Leslie's walk/box video and a classical stretch segment. Will also attempt a short yoga segment tomorrow evening and a one mile walk. Will also try to eat mostly protein - 2 eggs w/butter for brunch tomorrow and then dinner will be piece of steak and asparagus!! Not sure what else yet.

Oh I did put my Bissell together it was easy. Plan on cleaning the carpet either Monday morning or Tuesday morning.

Tomorrow I will also be visiting the Cemetary - saw some beautiful bouquets at the grocery this evening - hope they are open tomorrow and I will get 3 bouqets - 2 for my parents and 1 for my grandparents. Hoping BF is better tomorrow so he can come with me.
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

No loss, no gain, maintained despite exercising and eating 900 cals max yesterday.
Today : 30 minute walk-Debbie Rocker and 15 minutes cardio from old cosmo video - so 45 minutes cardio.

B=1/2 grapefruit + coffee w/creamer
L=few nuts (12) + 1/4 of protein bar.
D=5 boiled shrimp on top Cesear salad out at a restaurant + coffee w/creamer
S= 1 oz cream cheese
Total cals= about 700 calories and I figure I burned around 300 working out so net cals were 400. Hoping the scale moves tomorrow.

BF is better today. Went to Barnes and Noble and the Cemetary w/flowers then out to eat. I decided to go back to what worked before for me and then shake it up with really low calorie mainly liquid meal days maybe twice a week - a la Juddd . When I first started out in 1998 - I weighed 297lbs in July and by Christmas I was down 75lbs. I started out with limited exercise - Leslie Sansone 15 minute walking dvds and Basic Taebo. Best I can remember most days I had a 1/2 grapefruit and coffee at home and then when I got to work I had a hard boiled egg, lunch was usually grilled chicken sandwich from Wendy's but no bun or vienna sausages or tuna w/mayo, dinner was usually a piece of filet or small burger or chicken breast and very small amount of green veggies. If I went out to eat I only ate a burger or a grilled chicken or shrimp salad w/blue cheese dressing. All I drank was water w/lemon and of course my two coffees w/1 sweet n low and cremora. I tried to food combine in the morning and then eliminated carbs the rest of the day except for the cremora, lemon , and veggies. I did not start out doing Atkins - it evolved into Atkins, slowly getting rid of the grapefruit but adding things like GG bran crisps, low carb protein bars, shakes etc. I also made the mistake of eating way too low calories in an effort to speed weight loss. I have to say though that the inches and pound fell off of me. Within a year I was 135-140lbs. It was amazing but I think I really hurt my metabolism. I also increased my exercise along the way and expanded my dvd selection to include all types of training. I remember there were two pieces of equipment that I loved and lost in Katrina - my lateral thigh trainer and the other I cannot remember the name of but Christy Brinkley and Chuck Norris are always advertising it. Also did lots of the Firm originals and lots of Taebo and pilates. I am really limited now with what I can do but I am trying. I remember telling myself that I was all alone now (husband left) and I was devastated - things were completely out of my control - I recognized that the only thing I could control was what I put in my mouth, I also recognized that I was the only person I could depend on and I needed to be healthy. I made an agreement with myself - to concentrate on regaining my health and as a by product to lose weight. I read a lot of books and decided I needed to make this my own plan. There were things I could live without and things I couldn't. I bargained with myself - I could do without the bread, rice, potatoes, sugar etc. but not cremora or coffee. I could not do without regular salad dressings, mayo and butter but I could eliminate high sodium things like bacon and buy only low sodium canned items like tuna. I believed from my reading that grapefruits were good and that you should eat it in the morning only without protein or carbs - no fruit after 11 am except for lemon in my water to help lose the bloat. And it worked very well......so I am going back to my roots. Since I am much older and under such stress and in menopause I am going to try to do some liquid days w/protein shakes, soup, yogurt mixed in & will figure I am doing all that I can to get rid of the weight and let what happens happen! So long as it is helping me regain my health.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Today is gonna be a tuff day - lots of appointments. One down already another at 11:30 and then another at 2pm. Did not sleep well, woke several times with head pain and trouble breathing. Had to be downtown for 8:30 am so I did a quick 20 minute Classical Stretch workout-total body and ate 1/3 of a protein bar and cup of coffee. came home and BF went to mcdonalds so I ate 1 sl cheddar cheese and 1/3 slice swiss. Now waiting for him to come back to go to the pain management doctor uptown. We will be hitting all areas of the city today!! Downtown, Uptown and then Metairie for Physical Therapy. Sure hope I don't experience the pain that I had last week from the PT - it was really scary. I plan to go to PT by myself and stop at the grocery on the way home and pick up either ground beef or something to cook for dinner. I don't feel real good today and I'm tired. Tomorrow we have to go to Hahnville to the DMV - do not want to go to Kenner - at least a 45 minute wait just to get your number to wait to see someone. I have been told Hahnville is better but it is about a 30 minute drive-hopefully there will be no problems, I have to get a LA driver's license, register my car in LA and get a brake tag....ughh.......I hate doing this kinda stuff!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Change of Plans!! Got out of all of our appointments Early!! Went downtown to the Mortgage office to get the release of lien on my lot recorded - LESS THAN 30 MINUTES!!! and 7 Minutes to get there!!!! Came home had the 1/3 swiss cheese slice and 1 slice cheddar. Went to Pain Management another 7 minute trip and just sat in the chair when they called me back - was offered a shot in the head in the office but I declined - too scary - will try more PT first. Also offered shots in the vertebrae but have to go into the hospital for that - declined the offer for now. After the visit I went to the business office and paid on my bill - we left there and stopped by a builders office but no one was there, then we came home for 12:30!! I had a 2% Fage yogurt and waited until 1:45 when we went to Pain Management which took like 5 minutes to get there and was called back right away!! Discussed the pain I am having, she put the tens unit on my lower back so that I could lay down comfortably and have my neck put in traction - the tens unit helped, but still had some low back pain. Immediately my headache that I have had all day was gone!!! Hoping I don't have the pain tomorrow like I experienced last week. Anyway, decided since BF was so good and came with me on all my errands/visits that I would take him to lunch at one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. He got the breaded veal cutlets and I had the special - grilled chicken breast and dinner salad with blue cheese. Came home and had my coffee - might have an oz of cream cheese later, might not. Thinking about doing a walking tape......don't know.......

Tomorrow is the DMV, another major undertaking but hopefully the last big errand -then its just hair appointments and try to get with the builders. So nice to be on vacation - even if it is a "staycation"!

OMG - forgot to say I am down today 1.4lb.

Last edited by Debbi; 04-25-2011 at 03:25 PM..
Old 04-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Forced myself out of bed at 7:30 am - stayed up too late. Down .8lbs today.
Had my coffee and then did Leslie Sansone's walk and kick and then floor legs.
Ate 1/2 grapefruit which I love and it fills me up! Went to the DMV in Hahnville - got my DL but could not get my car registered - since it was purchased in TX - LA wants to see the title which I have to get from the company financing the vehicle - they will have to mail it to me and LA needs proof that I paid taxes. They did say that BF can go back with all the information and get it for me. Only thing is now I have a LA DL, TX plates and expired TX tags on my car effective 4/30/11 which is why I went to register the car - guess I just need to drive carefully and avoid the police.

Food today was good - Breakfast was the coffee and 1/2 grapefruit and after the DMV we went to Copeland's and had the Bayou Broccoli and I ate three of them and had a very small Cobb salad w/blue cheese dressing and water. Tonight will be coffee and probably a small piece of the sugar free, low carb "quick" cheese cake I made last night - cream cheese, butter and Sans sucre cheesecake mousse mix. I have to say it feels good to wake up feeling hungry and going to bed feeling a little hungry. Last night I ate a few macadamia nuts out of boredom but only a few -they really do fill you up.

Tomorrow I go have my hair colored after I exercise in the morning and then PT at 1pm. I did my LA state tax returns today and ordered the title for my car. Tomorrow I will most likely work on my clothes that are still packed and look at the bills. NO eating out tomorrow!! Plan for food is the 1/2 grapefruit in the morning w/turkey bacon a little later and for lunch/dinner one of my frozen organic bistro salmon dinners w/either broccoli or asparagus. If hungry later a piece of my "cheesecake" and coffee. I really do like eating only 2 meals per day and hope I can continue this when I go back to work.

Not sure what exercise I will do tomorrow. I am thinking maybe P90 plus 30 minutes cardio - we'll see!

Last edited by Debbi; 04-26-2011 at 03:53 PM..
Old 04-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #546
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is down 2.2lbs today!! Trying not to get too excited - been here before.....
Exercise was a Flex band video w/cardio from the Method - pretty good. If I don't work on clothes this evening I will walk and do classical stretch dvd. Just got a call from PT and my therapist called out sick so they cancelled my appointment. I'm glad because it gives me more free time for my staycation but, I was looking forward to having my neck stretched again to see if 2x a week made a difference. I can def tell that not being at work and the release of that stress has certainly helped.

Breakfast was coffee and fage 2% w/1 tsp vanilla protein powder and a sprinkle of cinn. Will have hair colored shortly so I am taking an extra antihistamine. Will run a few errands after lunch then home and either exercise or do clothes. Most likely will eat my second meal of the day around 2 and then coffee and a little snack later if hungry. Plan on having my Organic Bistro frozen Salmon dinner that is super low in sodium w/the broccoli for lunch - just won't eat the rice! Later........
Old 04-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Had my teeny tiny piece of salmon w/maybe 5 pieces of broccoli, few artichoke leaves w/Braggs vinegarette for dipping and a few peanuts - unsalted- did not like the salmon so much this time. Hair got colored but the style is horrid - glad I did not let him cut it - and he left me with color all over my face and ears.......and I had to park far away and walk - no spots nearby. May never go back. I get my hair cut somewhere else on Friday - little more upscale place -hoping it turns out good. Ran some errands and will go package returns to qvc so we can mail them tomorrow. BF is laying down so I cannot work on the clothes right now, but I will tomorrow or maybe in a little while. Don't think anything really good is on TV tonight. Called the builder and a sales person should be calling me back. If not I will call them tomorrow. Need to take a look at the bills so I don't leave anything to the last minute. Part of me wants to work out again, but I don't want to over do it......Will do a long walk dvd or dance dvd tomorrow and classical stretch lower body. Also need to change the sheets in a few minutes. Tomorrow I will dust and vacuum and mop. Friday is haircut day and BF is taking me out for a burger and 1 glass of red wine!! Saturday is finishing up bills and Sunday need to vaccum carpet again and then clean the carpet in the den area. Monday is back to work and no exercise in the am. Hoping Monday is a good weather day so I can park and walk. So for now I am going to package returns, then change sheets, then go through bills and at least take a look at the clothes .........later a piece of SF cheesecake and coffee, then TV and bedtime.................
Old 04-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

Weight: Maintained....

Exercise: Debbi Rocker intensity walk - 45 minutes of interval cardio - was sweating so hard my hair color I got yesterday started coming out in the sweat!!

Breakfast was coffee and 1/2grapefruit
S=1/2 sl cheddar + 1/3 protein bar
Lunch was 1/3 of a hamburger - out - did not like it
Dinner: topping from Lean Cuisine roasted veggie pizza (I can tell you there is not much there)
S=Coffee + cream cheese + 1 tsp Omega 3 pb (smart balance)

Ran errands today - mailed returns, went to look at a house being built to get the builder's name; went to WalMart for Doggie pads and a shower curtain liner, picked up Rxs at CVS, got a care package for a friend who isn't feeling well and delivered it, returned the 2 skirts I bought at Stein Mart.

Will most likely try taking either an advil or advil pm tonight - did not sleep well last night- headache kept waking me up and could not lay comfortably - woke up w/the headache but do not have it now. Watching Idol - then will watchthe Houswives of NYC.
Still have to make up the bed. Might start going through clothes but most likely will wait till tomorrow.

Tomorrow: AM will be another 45 min cardio workout followed by Classical stretch slim & sleek. Will most likely have 1/2 grapefruit....then 1/2 protein bar....then go to get my haircut..praying they do a good job! After that most likely a burger at a place I like then go get magazines at the newstand. In between everything I will be working on the clothes and contacting builders. Staycation is almost over.......boy I wish I could retire!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Down 1.2lbs today!!
Exercise=Richard Simmons sweatin to the Oldies 5 and classical stretch slim and sleek
Food= B: Coffee + 2 slices cheese S: 1/3protein bar L/D: 1 small cutlet and salad w/blue cheese dressing (out) S: cream cheese and coffee. Probably around 900 calories.

I was really sweating w/Richard for 50 minutes of pure cardio - it was fun for a change! I have now lost a total of 9lbs.......praying and hoping and praying it continues.

Got my hair cut today and it is great! I really like it. Took about 5 years off of me - I will definitely go back to him. Hope I can keep it up.

Also met with two builders - like them both - will cost more than I thought - going to see some model homes tomorrow and talk seriously with the second builder's sales rep. Then Monday when I go back to work I will check out the builders w/our construction department. Then the big decision............

Things I have left to do are: the clothes ( I am still putting it off), pay bills (tomorrow), shampoo carpet (?). Promise I am starting the clothes tonight!!

Plans for tomorrow - I need to start getting up earlier to prep for work Monday. So I will try to get up at 6 and exercise - Firm V2 standing segments and Firm V1 floor work + 18 minutes cardio + standing abs. OR...P90 strength + 30 cardio + floor legs. Not sure what yet. Food - Will try to eat 1/2 grapefruit in the am and coffee - later 1/3 protein bar. L=? not sure probably a small salad as we will be out and about. If lunch is small I will eat a piece of fish for dinner w/asparagus -if lunch is big then I will just have cream cheese and coffee.

Did I say I REALLY like my hair?

Last edited by Debbi; 04-29-2011 at 04:28 PM..
Old 04-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

Met a friend in need and had a glass of Merlot - just one - no food - hope this does not set me back or cause me to gain..............never used to - but w/menopause you just never know.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

Whew! No repercussions from the glass of Merlot!
Down 1lb today! I made a mistake in my addition yesterday - as of yesterday I had lost 7lbs not 9 - now as of today the total is 8lbs. I am shooting for 10lbs by Monday! But I am very happy that I am losing again and I have been comfortable eating the way I have. So as long as it is working I will keep at it. My only concern is work - I can make myself eat the same way and avoid all the crap but I doubt I can keep up the 1+ hour of exercise per day - so this will take some planning.

Today: Jari Love's Extremely Ripped Body Rock (not the Ab segment because of my back); then did FitTV Standing ABS. Was sweating buckets even modifying and with the a/c on 68! With the ab workout it was a 70 minute workout and it was fun! Only downside is my new hairdo is ruined - I look like a wet dog!!

B=1 2% fage + 1tsp van pp + 1tsp Omega pb + cinn. + 1coffee
Most likely will not eat again until 2 ish and probably a burger. Lots of errands today! Will check in later.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Ended up at VooDoo Barbecue and had Brisket w/broccoli and small taste of sweet potato and water. Just had coffee and cream cheese. Oh and a little earlier had a small amount of unsalted peanuts.

Went to see the modular homes and they offered us a deal on the model - really good deal - I need to see Monday if my company will do a construction loan or semi construction loan on a modular. It was 1458 square feet and had lots of upgrades -really really nice. Keeping fingers crossed!!

Tomorrow: Last day of staycation . Need to do all those things that I put off -bills,clothes (at least start the clothes), iron work clothes and probably drive by the modular home again......hopefully w/our friend.

Exercise tomorrow will be more gently then today - 45-60 minutes of low impact cardio and classical stretch lower body. Food - will try to eat the 1/2 grapefruit in the morning and most likely shrimp and lettuce salad with asparagus and snack of cream cheese with coffee later.

Last edited by Debbi; 04-30-2011 at 07:10 PM..
Old 05-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #553
Major LCF Poster!

Here we go........weight is up 1lb......hoping it is due to the brisket and that I ate my snack way later than usual and that I will be back down tomorrow. Oh also, I did heavy weights yesterday so that could have contributed. Oh and I took an Advil late due to head and neck pain.

Today: Exercise 40 minutes Linda Evans cardio and floor legs

B=coffee/ 1/2 grapefruit/ tsp Omega pb/ tsp coconut butter
Don't know about the rest yet.........have to get to the grocery. BF is sleeping, had a migraine last night. I am a little stressed over buying/building a house - I really don't feel "ready" yet and I am really apprehensive due to hurricane season coming up after all the really bad tornados this year.

Have already paid all my bills, bathed and did hair, now I need to cook, clean, errands, and get things ready for work this week........booooo......
Old 05-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Have done the work clothes, boiled eggs, went to the grocery, went thru some of the clothes in boxes, need to clean some lettuce and do the to do lists for BF and me for the week.

L/D was around 2pm and it was at the cafeteria after we paid the rent - 1 Fried Chicken breast - mostly just the meat but I did eat a couple of pieces of the skin, also had 2 forks of green beans and 2 forks of cauliflower w/cheese and water. I have already had my coffee for the evening and will have a tiny piece of my sf cheesecake in a little while - waiting for it to harden up. I feel like the cafeteria food may have had a lot of salt which is why I tried not to eat much. BF has another or continuation of his headache.
Tomorrow: Not planning to exercise but if I do - good! It will rain here so I will park in the building. Breakfast will be 1/2 grapefruit and coffee, a little later will be 1/4 of protein bar. Lunch will be a salad with tuna, sliced egg and Braggs around 2pm and then when I get home coffee and a tiny piece of cheesecake. Hope I can stand the pressure and keep the weight loss up. Unfortunately I most likely will not make my 10lb goal tomorrow because to do that I would have to lose3lbs and that is not going to happen but it would be nice to lose 2lbs and have a total loss of 9lbs - heck I'm good with just losing the 1 I gained today!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Back down the pound I gained-so I lost 8lbs in about 1 week -not too bad!
Back to work today and did not sleep well so I took a well deserved day off -had been exercising vigorously for 9 days. I know I have to keep it up but it will be hard. I know I will have to split it into twice per day or just be happy with 30 min in the am.
Work was horrid!!!! I want to retire!!! Hoping tomorrow is better. I did speak to construction loan manager who said that they have had lots of problems w/wearability and value on the modular homes and the company I was speaking to is also one of the companies that there are issues with. So, no modular home..........

Food:
B: 1/2 grapefruit + 1 T peanut butter coffee
S: 1 protein bar
L: did not eat till 2:45 so I just had a carb control yogurt + 8 almonds
D: slice turkey, slice swiss, coffee & "Cheesecake"

Will make an effort to eat @1:30 or so tomorrow and eat a salad w/tuna or egg or both. Will still try to have my 1/2 grapefruit in the am and maybe a mini yogurt a little later or an egg.......we'll see. I have PT tomorrow for 5pm so will have to leave work early and I have back to back meetings beginning at 2pm so it will be a tuff day. And I really must do at least 30 minutes of walking tomorrow am.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

On the scale rollercoaster - up.8 today.
Exercise was 20 minute Leslie walk
B=bacon + coffee
L=5 almonds (no time to eat) + 1 tsp pb-Omega
D=1HB egg w/mayo/coffee/cream cheese/slice turkey + slice swiss

Really tired - I am not sleeping well. Will try to get up and exercise for 40 minutes tomorrow morning and park in the garage and walk. It should be a beautiful cool day tomorrow. Tonight will be cold - 40's and it is windy and rainy looking outside. I plan on going in a little later tomorrow so that I can exercise. Most likely Wednesday as well since the good weather will continue.

Hopefully weight will be down tomorrow!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

Down 1.2lbs today...
Did a 2 mile Pilates Walk

Food: Low carb breakfast from food court - bacon & eggs + coffee
pre breakfast was 1 sl cheese to take my vitamins
L= small container of tuna in water w/1T Bragg's dressing + lettuce around 2:15
S/D=slice turkey, 1/2 sl cheese, 1 tsp pb, coffee + small piece cream cheese

Work is horrendously horrendous! Won't rehash it here because I want to forget about it! Don't know if I will qualify for the new house and don't have time to figure it out at work. Starting to feel really stressed again, hope it doesn't affect my weight loss - I have no desire for sugar or carby foods at all- so gratefull for this! I am also sufficiently scared enough not to even try anything w/sugar because I know it would be all over....
I have PT tomorrow so I have to leave work at 3:00 pm. Hope it helps. I am still not sleeping well-tossing and turning trying to get comfortable b/w my head, neck , back, asthma......it is hell getting old!

On to tomorrow -
Plan: try for the 1/2 grapefruit in the am and coffee - then an egg. Maybe a piece of a protein bar on the way to Pt or I may stop at home and have a slice of cheese. PT is for 4pm - after that most likely we will go get dinner - either piece of cutlet or grilled chicken at the coffeehouse near where we live.......we'll see. Exercise - Maybe the new DVD I just got = Simply Spoga - a form of yoga or my Pilates for weight loss dvd.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

All bad news today - just a horrendous day both at home and at work.......just do not understand things that happen. Sure miss my Mom at times like this.....I would do anything, give up anything, pay anything - just to have her back a little longer.

Weight: Maintained
B=2%Fage + coffee
L=5 almonds
D=cutlet w/a little lettuce and small bit of mayo + coffee + cream cheese

That's it.......
Old 05-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #559
Major LCF Poster!

Exercise: 20 minutes Kickboxing
Food:
B: 1/2 Grapefruit + coffee
S: Larabar
L=peanut butter crackers..I know..but still no sugar!
S: few pistachios and peanuts
D: Pepperoni pizza topping + coffee

That's it - it was a weird day - I was hungrier today than other days and unprepared. Good thing though is I have no desire for sweets and I only ate the peanut butter crackers cause I was hungry - really did not want them - It was the best choice available in my situation. Now the pizza toppings from 3 slices of pepperoni - I can already feel my fingers swelling and am terrified to get on the scale tomorrow morning, but I will. And I will exercise for a good solid hour. And I am in a lot of pain and will have to take an advil tonight.

Still extremely depressed and this week at work was so stressful that at times my chest hurt so bad I thought I would have a heart attack. I know my blood pressure had to be sky high.

Some mistakes I am making are eating more protein than the week before and my veggies are just about non-existent. Changing all that tomorrow. Also need to stop the salty stuff.

Last edited by Debbi; 05-06-2011 at 07:51 PM..
Old 05-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is up as expected - 1.4lbs - I am also pretty sure that the work stress has greatly contributed to my stall & up/down for the week. When I was home, I was very calm and relaxed and I lost weight. This week I have felt like I am going to have a heart attack every day - my heart is racing, I'm not taking time to eat properly - the only reason I maintained basically is because I ate so little. I certainly had no time to exercise. I stress out so much about work that I rush to work 2 hrs early everyday - work through lunch, unless I take 5 minutes to swallow down a yogurt or tuna at my desk - this craziness has to stop or I am afraid something more serious will happen. I have to slow down and take time for me. One otherwise healthy person who has worked for the bank for over 30 yrs, was recently transferred to my department and she has had 2 strokes and has been out now for 2 months. It is a very stressfull place to work. But I have to work so I have to figure this out - if anyone reads this, any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Today:
Weight is up 1.4lbs (fluid)
Ex: Defy Gravity DVD + a stretch on the ball
B=coffee + 1/2 grapefruit + 1/3 protein bar + 1 tsp Omega peanut butter
That's it so far.......

Vaccumed apartment. Trying to figure out what else to do outside of the apartment today that does not involve shopping!!
Old 05-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

The day ended with lunch/dinner around 4:30 pm at Copeland's - broccoli balls /3 + small Cobb salad. Later was 1oz cream cheese + coffee. BF has migraine again - great -very upsetting day - cost me 488.00 to register my car in Louisiana - wonderful - hoping tomorrow is a better day!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is the same today.
Exercise: The Firms Cardio Dance -40 min cardio + Trudi Styler's Chair Yoga (really good)-35 minutes. Total time: 75 Minutes.

B=Coffee + 1/2 Grapefruit + 1/4Protein Bar
S=Coffee
L/D (around 3:30pm) - 1 Pork Chop + salt free green beans w/salt free butter + very small Skinny Girl Margarita.
S=Very small piece of cream cheese

Will most likely have to take an Advil tonight - in a lot of pain. Brought flowers to the cemetary - very sad......

Very dissapointed in no weight loss, but nothing I can do about it - I am eating pretty well and very low calorie. Giving this one more week then I will go to an endocrinologist and gyno to see what is going on. Going to fix my coffee and watch Mob wives......Happy Mother's Day to everyone!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Very disappointed - weight is up .8 today. I think it has to do with not going to the bathroom hardly at all. Hopefully that will end soon.

Exercise=nothing
B=1 sl very thin no salt no sugar toast w/1T Omega PB
L=nothing
D=1 pork chop + coffee
S=1 oz cream cheese

Not much I know but I was soooo busy and in meetings most of the day that I just did not have time to eat.

No exercise was planned. Will exercise tomorrow. Hoping for better numbers tomorrow as well. I know I cannot do anymore than I am doing now. I started taking a complete B vitamin today, took my usual coq10, B12 and D3 - tonight I will take my Vitamin E - trying to relieve the stress.....
Old 05-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #564
Major LCF Poster!

Weight - Maintained
Exercise: 20 minutes of Amy Dixon kickboxing
B=coffee + fage 0% yogurt + 1/4 protein bar
L=Tuna in O/O w/roasted garlic (1/3 can)
S=8 almonds + 1T Omega PB
D=2 sl turkey w/1 slice swiss + coffee + 1 slice "cream cheese cake"

The gain/stall is def a bathroom issue which is why I had the yogurt/almonds/olive oil - hoping something will "happen" soon. Otherwise aside from my head, neck, writs, back - I feel pretty good eating this way. Tomorrow is PT @ 2pm so I get to leave work by 1pm and come home/change clothes etc.....will most likely stop by the grocery on my way home. Then Thursday morning I go for training from 9am til 12:00 at one of our branches near our house so I get to sleep a little later and exercise a little longer. But, then I have to go downtown - and it will be hard to find a parking spot. Had to underwrite 2 horrific files today - a State bond/RH loan and an FHA Purchase of a HUD REO - lots of conditions. I will be glad when this week is over. It is 90 degrees here....way too hot. Still have to respond to the IRS and still have to decide on the house. Need to take care of all that tomorrow.

I have been taking a B complex with my breakfast and I seem much calmer - no heart racing, no getting really angry to the point where I really upset myself. Hope it stays this way! And NO SUGAR!! And as long as I can look forward to my homemade sugar free cream cheesecake in the evening I don't even miss any sugar or chocolate or any of that stuff! Just wish the weight would cooperate now.

Tomorrow I will probably have my coffee and grapefruit in the am & some bacon- then around noon I will have 1/2 a protein bar. Probably will have a salmon organic bistro dinner when I get home around 3pm. Exercise?? probably a 30 minute walk.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

Weight: Down 1.6 today
Exercise: Latin Dance -only 9 minutes
B=Fage 2% yogurt + 1 tsp Omega PB + coffee
L=1 low carb protein bar (on the way to PT)
D=2 fish sticks(low carb) + coffee + cream "cheesecake" thing .

That's it - PT was pretty good today - she put more tension on my neck and my headache and neck pain are completely gone.
BF has another migraine.

Tomorrow I have to go to a different office on the other side of town for training from 9-12 - but it is closer to my house so I can sleep later and get in some good exercise!
Downside is that after training I have to go downtown and it will be hard to park. Oh well.....

Got word we are moving our offices to the other side of the room next week - I've been packed now for three weeks when they told us to get ready so now it is finally happening.

Tomorrow will most likely be an egg for breakfast and coffee. Lunch - might buy a salad in the food court since I cannot bring anything and put some tuna on it w/a little Braggs.
Dinner - piece of salmon + coffee. Hope to do about an hour of cardio tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

Weight: Down .8lbs today.
Exercise: Cardio part of cardio callanetics
Food:
B: Coffee/slice of swiss cheese & slice of cheddar cheese
S: few nuts
L: Protein Bar
D: Topping of Pepperoni pizza - 1 slice + coffee + small slice cream cheesecake.

Today was ruff, but not as bad as I thought it would be - BF has yet another Migraine - I think it is rebound now. Thank goodness he goes to the Neurologist on the 17th. He was doing pretty well until this week.

Tomorrow will be challenging...it will be a tuff work day and then we have a birthday party tomorrow night - dinner at a Mexican restaurant......will have to pick something small and eat only 14 bites total.

Have lots of stuff to do this weekend - paperwork, cleaning etc.....

SO VERY PROUD of myself - absolutely no sugar and no desire for it!!!!! I am also smart enough to know not to even let 1 grain of it pass my lips because it could be undoing. Seems as long as I have my sugarfree cream cheesecake to come home to, then I am okay.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

Weight: Maintained (back to bathroom issues)
Exercise: none
B: 2% Fage + 1 tsp Omega PB + coffee
L=Tuna in olive oil w/lettuce
S=9 almonds
D=coffee + slice cream "cheesecake"

Plan on getting in some decent cardio tomorrow. BF still has the migraine........another miserable sick weekend......I am going to go out without him - I have to get out of the house! Work was just horrible today and I am exhausted but I am going somewhere....even if it is just to KMart
Old 05-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

Exercise: Leslie Sansone Walk & Kick + toning section of Cardio Callentics
Food: B= 1/2 grapefruit + 2 tsp pb + coffee

That's it so far.....had a rough night last night - major head and neck pain; BF was throwing up from his migraine; dog was going beserk over the thunder storms that passed through..........not a lot of sleep.

Hopefully today is a better day. I forgot to do my State taxes so I will have to do that today along with the correction to my IRS return........................will be a busy day.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

Bf is still suffering w/the migraine so we could not go out to eat. I ended up eating 1/3 of a protein bar for lunch. Dinner was small salad w/Paul Newman's Cesear dressing, an oz of cheese crumbles, 1/2 small avocado and a very very small pc of salmon along w/about 2 oz of wine. It was pretty good and just that tiny bit of wine has me feeling very tired!! In about an hour if hungry I will have a small pc of cream cheesecake and a coffee (small).

I took care of my state taxes, mailed them, went to 2 gift stores and then Dillards and walked around - only bought 2 things at the gift shop and they were both presents for others and one of them was 1/2 price!!

Not sure about tomorrow - if BF feels better I promised that we could go out to eat. But I will keep it light and low carb/low cal. Will also make sure I exercise + will probably do a Classical stretch segment. Watching Fashion Day on QVC waiting to catch up on my "Housewives" shows...
Old 05-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is down .8 - new low today - hoping to at least maintain, praying to lose another lb tomorrow.
Exercise: Kettlebell Basics + Leslie Sansone One Mile Intensity Walk
Food: B: 0% Fage + 2 tsp Omega PB + 1 tsp van. Prot Pwdr + coffee

Not certain about the rest of the day yet. BF still has the migraine that started on Thursday and it just will not go away. At this point he may be experiencing rebound from the percocet and he has not had any of his regular meds in the last 3 days. He has to take them so I am hoping his stomach can stand it. Also hoping we do not have to go the the Urgent Care. He has an appointment on the 17th or 18th with his neurologist so I am hoping he will be okay until them - I feel badly for him, I know he doesn't want to be in this pain. It is horrible.

Workout was pretty good - getting ready to wash hair, see how BF is doing, run errands, then be home by 3pm to catch up on the Housewives of NY shows.