Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Well I thought I was doing so much better this week but my weight is up - 4 pounds higher - either something is really wrong with me or I am in total denial of what I am eating. I think I am under estimating the amount of calories I am consuming and at this age and medical history that is important. For that reason and in desparation to prove there is nothing wrong with me I am going to stay low carb but do WW points and carefully log everything. My exercise was going well - but it doesn't seem to be helping. I will continue to exercise.

Today I did Firm - Cardio Overdrive + 1 mile walk = 65 minutes
B=coffee + 0% Fage w/1tsp protein powder + 1 tsp black cherry juice (for inflammation) = 6 points. I am doing old WW pts so max points are 23.

That's it so far.

It is a dreary rainy day and several parades have rescheduled for tomorrow which promises the hope of sunshine!

I am concentrating on major weight loss today and tomorrow. My hope is to have another meal today of meat/veggies/salad and then later tonight either soup (low sodium) or yogurt.
I am still hungry- need to dring water!
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Drank water and coffee and diet iced tea and 1/2 oz cheese. Dinner was brisket - plain and really good from VooDoo Barbecue and a tiny amount of veggies-plain. Snack was cream cheese - much better day than I have been having.

Something horrible happened at the restaurant. BF was eating pulled pork and all of a sudden he began choking - we were sitting in a booth and I couldn't get behind him to do the Heimlich so I took my left hand and make a fist and pushed up and in under his sternum and simultaneously whacked him mid - low back with the heel of my right palm - and miraculously up came the piece of pork - now he really does owe me his life!!! Funny thing is - not one person even noticed never mind got up to help.......amazing.........

Anyway I am pretty satisfied w/today's food and exercise and I figured my points to be exactly 23. Now on to tomorrow..

I plan on cooking the tilapia I bought last week with a small salad w/asparagus and a couple of tsp of bragg's vinegarette for dressing for dinner tomorrow. Breakfast will be egg whites and cheese sprinkled on and snack will be a low carb yogurt. I am going to get this weight off!!!

We went to wal mart and I got another exercise dvd, some Vit E and B6 which I will start tomorrow and see if that helps with the hot flashes which have come back again. I also got some Advil PM which I plan on trying tonight to see how I do with the pain and trouble sleeping. So tired of being tired.......Exercise tomorrow will be 60 minutes of cardio and floor legs - not sure what yet.

The rain has now ended and tomorrow should be a beautiful day for the parades and a very long night since the two largest and most popular krewes and rolling tomorrow night - Baachus and Endymion - the French Quarter will be wild later. Monday's traffic for work will be light but the evening traffic will be tough since it is Lundi Gras - but we get off at 3pm so I will leave around 2:45. Then Tuesday is Mardi Gras and we are off and then Wednesday is the beginning of Lent - Fish every Friday!!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is down 1lb - the days of 2pounds overnight are gone
Exercise was good - Tai Chi warm up and cool down with Prevention Walk Slim (45 Min) in between! About 60 minutes

Went over my calories a little but I am okay with it - feel like I did not eat much.

Stayed home most of the day - w/the parades all over there's not many places to go. We went to TJ Maxx and Marshal's and the dollar tree. Didn't really find anything......
Waiting for the new season of Housewives of the OC! Work tomorrow then off Tuesday!

Goal is to stay on my plan...........
Old 03-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Mardi Gras!!

I am sitting here alone trying to figure out how to lose the weight I've gained and still feel satiated and in good health. My stomach has been bothering me, neck and head still bother me........trying to ignore all the aches and pains. BF got a call last night that his mother is mentally in a bad state and that she needs to be hospitalized so he and his sister left at 6am this morning to drive 5 hours in bad weather to see what is going on. I am betting that when they get there everything will be fine - no hospitalization....I think his step father was at a point where he was frustrated and upset and couldn't handle his wife so he called her children to come - which really is not fair to them. If she needed to be hospitalized then he needed to let them know but HE Needed to get her in a hospital! It amazes me how ignorant people can be ........

I did not sleep last night worried about BF driving with his bad health and the dog had me up several times because she needed to go the bathroom. It will be very bad weather here tonight and tomorrow morning and I am concerned about driving to work and about leaving the dog home alone because she is terrified of the rain, wind, thunder and lightening. Hoping it won't be as bad as they say.

Today I exercised - very old video - Tanya Tucker !! It was okay but probably won't do it again. I went to grocery and bought ground beef and I plan on making a burger for tonight and meatloaf for tomorrow! Right now I am watching the parades on TV and trying to just take it easy and relax. It will be an early night tonight since I did not get much sleep at all.

Back to work tomorrow Trying to decide when to take my vacation - we have to take 1 full week before August 1st. I want to get the most bang for my days off so I will probably schedule it around Easter since we get good Friday off. There are so many things I need to do that I really need time off before then - but if I can wait I can get an extra day in there!

So many decisions...........
Old 03-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, I have a plan for tomorrow : Probably no exercise because I will have to get the dog together and situated and get to work very early in very bad weather so I am not going to put additional stress on myself to exercise.

Food: Plan: Breakfast = Yogurt - 0% fage plain + coffee/ Lunch= small slice of meatloaf + I jacobs toast/ Dinner= 1 slice meatloaf + coffee + small carb control vanilla yogurt - this should be: 400 calories. I am going to try JUDDD and see what happens - so tomorrow is a down day. Fingers crossed!!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Plan did not work out...starting at 3:30am we had horrible thunderstorms, tornados and flooding. The dog was terrified and kept trying to climb on my head (she has been this was since Katrina) so I got up and held her - poor thing was shaking and trembling. Around 6am I looked outside and the water was half way up the wheels of my car and it was still pouring. I went outside and waded thru the water to move my car but could not get out at either end of the street - the water there was at least 3 feet high. I moved my car a little further back since the water was draining from back to front and the car was fine. It finally stopped raining around 7:30 and my street drained rapidly so I left about 8:15 am and was doing fine until I reached a stretch that was under water partially. There was at least a dozen cars stranded on the side of the road. I had to go forward because to turn around would have been worse since the other side of the street had even higher water - all I could do was say a prayer and go through it. I made it through and made it to work around 8:45. Many, many people did not make it in and many came in late - it was city-wide and just horrible. Tornados did lots of damage and I believe there was 1 death. Needless to say I did not bother to bring any lunch - I did get a WW yogurt from the conveinence store in the building and had coffee and low carb toast before I left. Came home and had the leftover meatloaf and coffee. All in all not too bad but not as planned.

BF's mother is doing better and he will be home tomorrow. Oh and last night getting ready for bed I found 2 teeny tiny ants in the bathroom so I had to spray the bathroom and for good measure the kitchen window since we had a problem with them in there last year - they are "sugar" ants and seem to like the humid climate and areas that have moisture.

Praying for a better day tomorrow - plan on exercising and going into work later and parking and walking. Oh I did park and walk this morning to/from work so at least that was some exercise! Also plan on diet to be much better - tomorrow will be my 400 calorie day. B=coffee/yogurt L=hard boiled egg + Jacob's toast D=yogurt/coffee + jacob's toast = 400 total calories. Will either do an old cardio video or basic taebo + floor leg video.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Great exercise this weekend - Saturday was Basic Taebo plus another partial KB video plus some toning. Sunday was about 40 minutes of cardio (old Reebock video). Food - so so - definitely low calorie but not low carb although today was better than yesterday (barely). Today was very low calorie. Not weighing until next Thursday. Plan for tomorrow is to exercise - cardio for 30 minutes min. Plus walk to/from work/garage.

Started Carlson Cod liver oil today - 1 tsp - got it at WF. It was on the shelf and said to refrigerator once opened. Also bought some boiled shrimp at WF and I had 6 of them tonight in a salad for dinner (luv it). Will have more tomorrow night. I am trying to find dried cherries that do not have sugar in them and am not having any luck.

Work is horrendous - they are completely restructuring the mortgage department and secondary. They are putting someone with no processing or underwriting experience in as an underwriter - what a disaster! I think they do these things and set people up for failure just to watch us all squirm and worry about our jobs. I have decided I am not worrying - whatever happens happens period. I have been listening to some of Joel Osteens dvds and I am trying to change the way I look at things. Hopefully I can and hopefully it will help me be less stressed and get me in better health! If I can't control it then I am not worrying about it. I am tired of being sick and tired and fat!

Here's to a better week!!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Good diet day today - first one this week.
Exercise: 20 min cardo plus walked to work & back from the "far away" garage.
B=2% fage yogurt/coffee
L=1 sl swiss + 1 sl low sodium ham + 1 unsalted rice cake
D=1/3 cobb salad w/green goddess dressing/coffee

Shooting for 3 great days before I weigh again - weight this morning was horrible.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Food: not so great but not horrid....Exercise: did Yoga Booty Ballet's AM Latte - super easy and short but fun.

Happy St Patrick's Day!
An Old Irish Blessing: May love and laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home. May good and faithful friends be yours, wherever you may roam. May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures. May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Off to a good start today - Did a 3 mile walk video and floor legs. Breakfast was coffee & fage 2%-7oz cup. Plan on going to the dollar store, grocery, academy sports and the mall - maybe wal mart if we can.........lunch will be most likely a burger or chicken and a veggie. Dinner will be another yogurt.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

It has been a beautiful peaceful day! Went to the mall, dollar store, steinmart, ate at Zea's around 3pm - had rotisserie chicken plain - breast portion only & no skin - 1/3 of a sweet potato w/butter and water. Coffee and dark chocolate. Went to the Lakefront near our house, parked and sat on a bench by the water and soaked up some sun and watched the sailboats and people. Might go to WalMart tonight or just stay home. Feel very content. I NEVER eat sweet potatoes and oddly enough I really liked it and that w/the protein satisfied me like no other meal I have been eating. I'll have to think about this for a while........maybe I really do need to to the 6 week body makeover or the Whole30 plan and get all the crap out of my system for 30 days - the only things I will really miss are my yogurt, and creamer & sweet n low in my coffee.......I can do it for my health for 30 days - sure I can......I'll sleep on it. I don't want to do anything extreme or unrealistic but I know I could benefit healthwise - I have felt so bad for so long I know I have inflammation throughout my body and this could be the first step to fixing the problem. Hmmmmmm
Old 03-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

Started Whole30 today - the only exception I think I will be allowing is butter - my digestive system does not like oils of any kind - only plain unsalted butter. I will definitely try the coconut and EVOO but may have to go to butter. I have to get to the grocery to buy the oils and other items so this morning I had my 1 egg scrambled in .5 tsp of butter and my coffee black. It really killed me to not have my cream and sweet n low but I did it! I may switch to tea tonight instead of coffee since I don't want black coffee at night for some reason

I have lots of errands to run and we are having tilapia and veggies tonight - maybe a small sweet potato or squash. I am going to buy grapes to freeze when the munchies hit! You are not supposed to weigh yourself for 30 days because this is being done for health reasons. But, I have gained so much weight that for at least the first week I will be weighing every day to keep a close eye on things. I really hope I have found he right path. Thanks to Manaloa for posting this diet so that I could learn about it and try it. Oh and I did get up this morning and did 60 minutes of cardio and 10 minutes of yoga toning on the exercise ball. Really liked the Disco Dojo dvd with Scott Cole - not difficult at all - I did sweat a little -overall it was easy but it did get my heart rate up in some spots - I will do it again when I need a longer but easy cardio workout.

Last edited by Debbi; 03-20-2011 at 10:02 AM..
Old 03-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Errands did not go as planned - there was a 47 float parade and I don't know how many trucks - infact I think it just ended. Main highway was blocked by the police so I couldn't get to my destination - they were probably closed anyway. I did make it to WF to get my vitamins and some boiled shrimp, coconut butter, EVOO and some Lara Bars and then to KMart where I bought some capris for the summer ( which is now! - it is 80 here) in a size larger than last year . Came home and cooked Tilapia - made fries and hush puppies for BF. BF has a terrible red rash of raised bumps all along his collar line on his neck and base of skull and forearms. They do not itch he says - I think it might be a reaction to the migraine meds - maxalt and percocet - he has had migraines for 3 days in a row - he is also very drowsy - I have been getting him up around 11:30 or 12:00 and now he is back napping - he did this yesterday as well. I told him he MUST go to an Urgent care center or his regular doctor tomorrow and see what is going on - they could give him a steroid shot. He does feel like he has allergies - blowing his nose, sneezing so it could be seasonal allergies - or could be both. Now I'm itching just thinking about it!!

We went to a neighborhood Catholic church to see the St Joseph Altar - they had a crab made out of bread! It was very nice. I think I am going to call out sick a couple of days next week so that I can go to my Pain Management appointment and take care of my business at City Hall without the hassle of having to go downtown to work and then uptown to the doctor etc....

Lunch was a '"Carrot cake" lara bar - made w/coconut oil! Dinner was piece tilapia pan sauteed w/unsalted butter, lemon, pepper and three shrimp small green salad w/oil & vinegar - coffee and tsp of coconut butter.

Tomorrow my plan is to do a walking dvd (short one) and walk to/from the far parking garage to work for exercise. Food will most likely be eggs for breakfast/shrimp w/lettuce for lunch/Dinner most likely shrimp w/avocado and lemon. Black coffee in the am and snack will be coconut butter - 1 or 2 tsps. Maybe piece of pineapple or sweet potato - we'll see.

Oh I also packaged up three returns that I have been meaning to take care of washed my hair, picked up a little bit. Tonight prior to bed I plan on listening to the 30 minute subliminal DVD to lose weight and relax.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

UGGHHH - BF had stomach virus last night and now I have had to leave work.....had a delicious shrimp salad ready for lunch that I had to ditch! Hoping I am better by tomorrow.......
Old 03-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

Short walk video this morning. I am feeling so much better. Not quite back on plan today but will be tomorrow! Still nursed my tummy a little today w/cheese for lunch and yogurt, calories were not high but definitely not low carb or whole 30. Promised self to get right back on tomorrow. This morning weight was down 1.2lbs.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Tummy still isn't quite right - better -but not 100% yet.
No exercise - woke up too late. Food was pretty good - did eat some pork rinds though. Dinner was a hamburger and no salt green beans/Lunch was 2 tsp of tuna in olive oil - didn't eat much because I couldn't eat until 3pm. Will try not to do that again. Really, really want to exercise tomorrow.......hopefully I won't turn the alarm off again. It is just so difficult to sleep - my neck and head hurt so badly - I have a PT appointment on 4/7 maybe I can get some help......
Old 03-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Mood: Stressed. They are making cuts at work....stomach cramps.....lot of head and neck pain. Taxes today hopefully. Errands will most likely be grocery/WalMart/Cafeteria for dinner (Meat/Veggies)

Gilad DVD
Swallow EAS shake w/vitamins
Fage 0% + coffee
Old 03-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Calmer today.
Exercise: Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk + Gilad's Power and Grace = 50 Min
B=1/2 Grapefruit/coffee/1 T PB
L=tuna
D=Filet/asparagus + Beets/yogurt/coffee

Filet will be sliced and pan cooked in EVOO/butter/garlic.

Back to work tomorrow the weekends are not long enough! Still have stuff to catch up on before relaxing this evening so off to take of errands!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Just a quick post so I don't get too lost and behind....

Having lots of head and neck pain. BF has had a migraine for 4 days - despite a trip to the urgent care and 2 injections. I took him to his neurologist today who gave him yet another shot and she called in a script for injections in case this happens again and a steroid dose pack in case the injection does not work. Hopefully this will work.

We have had horrible rain storms w/tornados etc - lots of power outages - we were spared - Thank You God!!

I have been staying on my plan - did not exercise on Tuesday but I did a Firm Video - Not so Tough Aerobic Mix today. Scale says I am 3.5lbs down. Hoping I can keep it going in that direction.

Decided to stay off other people's threads and the recipe thread because I just get tempted to either do what they are doing or eat what they are eating. So I am going to just concentrate on me!!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Down 4lbs!! One week will be Sunday morning - hoping for 5lbs although I did not do well today - felt ill and very stressed all day long. Had to take 2 imodium and the other u/w left early and left me with all the files.....not a good day. BUT....it is the weekend and I am not going to let it ruin my "off time"!! So, off to get magazines and to the grocery and maybe grab a bite to eat somewhere. Will report back on Sunday!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Not sure what happened - certainly do not deserve this and I am thoroughly confused - it can only be stress related. I am up 3lbs from Friday and I have been on plan. Other than stress I did take 2 imodium on Friday so I have not really gone to the bathroom - that could be part of it. Also took 1 advil last night for the head and neck pain - I slept really really well and woke with very little pain. I can only do what I am doing and pray that it all works out. Bf is having yet another migraine - he doesn't understand how or why this upsets me so much even though I keep telling him I am so tired of living in a house with someone sick all the time - it was 4 days of severe migraines and vomitting last week, then he had one Friday and now he has one tonight. I just want a normal home life. Work is so horrendously stressfull and then I come home to nothing but problems - seems I just cannot find peace anywhere I look. All I can do is keep plugging away and try to ignore things and concentrate on losing weight. When I gain back all that I lost without any real reasoning it is so disheartening on top of everything else that I just want to give up - I just wish I had some way out of all of this. I just keep praying for an answer...

Today: Exercise was good - Cardio video (old one w/inspirational music).
Food: Breakfast/lunch was 2 eggs w/1tsp no salt butter and coffee. Snack=1/3 less cream cheese - 2 oz. Dinner was 5 boiled shrimp w/lemon and fried catfish - about 1/2 of a small piece and coffee.

TMI alert**still no decent BM today!

Tomorrow will be a better day! I know it.

No exercise tomorrow - horrible storms again so I will be leaving early to park in the attached garage.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

No exercise due to weather. Long day at work - and very stressfull. Did not get any lunch -didn't even go to the bathroom till 4:30. Dinner was boiled shrimp and asparagus. Weight was the same no mistake. Bracing for bad weather tonight - tornado warnings etc. Tomorrow promises to be a better day and I will def try to exercise and go into work later. And eat normally - b, L, D.........
Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Better day today but weight was up another pound - so now everything I lost I have gained back - this is what keeps happening and I am so frustrated. I did exercise for about 40 minutes of cardo - did not like the tape at all and won't do it again. Had yogurt for breakfast and coffee, tuna in EVOO -1/2 can w/low carb toast for lunch and dinner was a small coffee and 1 egg + 1/2 sl swiss + 1/2 sl cheddar + 2 tsp cream cheese. Hopefully I will see a downward trend tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

Down 1lb today. Did not sleep well, pain is almost unbearable today - so depressing. Feel like I can barely make it through the day. Head, neck, arms, center of back, wrists, hands all ache terribly. Bathroom issues today - seems I either cannot go or cannot stop going. Stress is very high at work right now. But it is the horrible achey pain I can't get past - I just feel like I don't want to exist if I have to live like this. I have my first Physical Therapy appointment tomorrow and I am hoping and praying that they can help. I am in such a deep depression right now, I find I am crying everyday again. Don't know what to do anymore. I will try to exercise again tomorrow morning and at least I get to leave work early to go to the doctor - appointment is for 2pm so I am guessing I will be home by 3:30pm. Bf is working on my taxes and it looks like I will have to pay state taxes which I cannot afford. When it rains it pours! I don't know how I will ever be able to rebuid on my lot - it's hard with no help and feeling so bad all the time, it is just such a struggle to make it through the day. I hope I wake up tomorrow morning out of this horrible depression! I have to start attacking those things I have control over and I have to do things - eat and exercise - in a manner that helps heal my body. I just wish I knew what to eat to feel better - I think I will read up on diets for arthritis.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Down.8lb today - horrible sleepless night last night with lots of pain. Woke late, no exercise, had to take another Imodium today. Went to first Physical therapy appointment - just the assessment. There was some concern of compression of my vertebral artery because I got a little dizzy and a little blurred vision when they turned my head all the way to the side. But they decided it was a vision/inner ear issue. So I will start Cervical traction, ultrasound therapy and posture exercises next week. Praying this helps. Food was horrible today which I expected after the painful night and horrid morning I had - have to admit it could have been even worse. So tomorrow I am back on track - diet track - don't know if I will be able to exercise or not - we'll have to see.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Fantastic workout this morning - already sore.....Fat Burning Pilates + 1/2 of Crunch's Country Line dancing DVD.
Food not so great but okay - Breakfast/lunch was 2% Fage + 6 Cherries + mini Cherry larabar + coffee. Snack was Cream cheese. Dinner was 2 small burgers plain from McDonald's no bun + coffee + low carb ice cream bar.

Still very depressed and lots of pain in head and neck - BF has another 3 day migraine - I cannot stand that my weekends are spent nursing him - I did not sign on for this and don't know after 11 yrs if I can keep doing this - not now when I really need to be able to relax on the weekends and I can't with him in the bed, on pain pill, vomitting in the bathroom and this is happening every week now. I know he does not want to be sick and in pain but he does nothing to change the way he eats etc to try to lessen the headaches. Just don't know any more.....I am starting to hate coming home.

Shake it off!!! Tomorrow will be a better day - hopefully the headache will be over and if it's not I will just try to amuse myself, do what I have to do and try to not worry about him.

I am going to try to follow a Mediterranean style diet for osteoarthritis/inflammation - thus the cherries - I will try to gradually lower my protein and increase my veggies - we'll see what happens.

Last edited by Debbi; 04-09-2011 at 06:02 PM..
Old 04-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

okay, so far a better day - BF's head and tummy are better and we went to eat at Picadilly cafeteria - I got the turkey, green beans it was terrible -hardley ate anything. Ate some rice crackers and 2 coffees. Getting ready to eat some boiled shrimp. Exercise was fantastic I did the whole Country line dance tape plus upper body isometrics of Gilad - really good exercise. Went to Target and Bed Bath and Beyond then Whole foods. Washed my hair and my day is done. Not weighing until next Friday am. Trying the osteoarthritis diet. Mostly yogurt and cherries in the am, veggie w/2 oz of fish @ noon and veggies w/2oz fish at dinner. Will try to drink green tea and lemon tea w/ginger for its anti inflammatory properties and liver cleansing. It will be tough but I am going to stick it out for 5 days and then weigh. Will try to do some kind of exercise every morning. Hopefully BF will finish my taxes Monday. I have Physical Therapy this week and an appointment w/Pain Management. I took an Advil last night and used the Tens machine they gave me. Tens did nothing but the advil really helped.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

BF is still having lots of migraines - really upsetting. I am looking forward to my vacation from work starting Good Friday - even though I am staying home and taking care of lots of loose ends I am gratefull to be away from the looney bin they call work! Hoping to use this week and next week to get rid of all of the inflammation in my body via diet. My weight went up last week and is coming back down again thank goodness. I am having stomach issues again and was really really nauseated last night and had to keep the heating pad on my abdomen all night. Didn't fall asleep until 3:40 am and got up at 9:00am. Managed to exercise - light workout and had yogurt w/honey and coffee;1T peanut butter - dinner will hopefully be a burger with green beans and coffee w/a small piece of chocolate for dessert. Yesterday I did the Cher's Body Confidence video - it was great! Didn't eat a lot at all so not sure why I got sick except I did try to eat one of those Omega truffles from Whole Foods and threw them away - the taste just seemed a little off! Oh, also felt like I was getting a sinus infection after working in our storage locker and took a mucinex then later took a zyrtec - might have been the zyrtec that upset my stomach. Because work was so horrid last week and weather was bad I cancelled my doctor appointment and physical therapy - plan on going to physical therapy tommorrow evening though. Well, hoping BF stays headache free today, plan on cooking for the week, doing nails, clothes, cleaning bathroom and having coffee on the balcony this evening! Hoping it is a nice day for everyone - weather is beautiful here!

Last edited by Debbi; 04-17-2011 at 11:43 AM..
Old 04-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

It's official, I am on VACATION!! Good Friday through May 1st!! I am going to try to use this time to get on a diet that will help me shed this menopause and stress related weight gain and help me to feel better. I have lots of appointments and cleaning to do on my "staycation" but am making it all about better health.
Today: Weight is same - no more gain. Exercise: 45 cardio/ballet/pilates/yoga -sort of a Heinz 57 type workout. Slept in a little later and feel much better. Took all my supplements - started the B6 and Vit E and gree tea w/lemon no sweetner. Breakfast was 2% fage w/1 tsp pb/1 tsp vanilla protein powder/sprinkle cinn. and coffee. L was an organic vegan cream cheese brownie - I know, I know - but it is out of my system now - now more sweets! Dinner will be boiled shrimp and 1/4 of an avocado if I have one w/lettuce - 1/2 cup and braggs vinagrette dressing - 1 tsp. Cup of coffee.
Went to whole foods and Penney's - bought some jewelry sets half price for work - they were really nice - necklaces & earrings for 9.00 per set! Can't wait for Day 2 of my diet for health!!!

Tonight I will start cleaing up the closet etc in my bedroom and going through clothes and giving them away - I really do not think I will ever be in sizes 2,4 or 6 again - I just want to see 8s!! and I will be happy. I'll still keep the 6 clothes...just in case!

Let it be known that today is going down as a GREAT DAY!!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Elated one day/depressed the next - won't succomb!!

BF had bad migraine last night so I could not do my cleaning, will do that today.
Also my weight is up a pound - I only had 950 calories yesterday and I exercised so it must be the cr cheese brownie - sugar is poison to me and I have to remember that!!

Getting ready to exercise/old Brenda Dygraff video-cardio and floor exercise/maybe a classical stretch segment or maybe not - will see.

My Bissell carpet cleaner came yesterday so I will most likely put it together today.

Easter always makes me depressed - my dad died on Holy Thursday at age 39 of a massive heart attack - no warning - he was driving home from a basketball game and had my brother in the car with him. Needless to say it completely changed the course of our lives forever. Holidays have always been tuff and when my Mom died in 2002 they have become so much worse - yes, there are definitely happy memories but now, being so alone with no family here, those memories have reminders of what I can never experience again. So, I cry every holiday....go to the cemetary......feel sorry for myself...then move on. My Easter wish for everyone is to please cherish the time you have with your family members - fill these times with love and happiness - you only have right now - so make the most of it!