LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/213/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Hey, Debbi !

I am going to follow you while you do the 17 day, if that is okay with you. Sorry about your bf being sick - I know they can monopolize our time. Do you have to exercise everyday on this diet ? I'm allergic to exercise - lol.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Hi Stinastina - I am restarting day 1 is tomorrow. Followed it well for 2 days then I let all hell break loose around me and stopped - so officially starting tomorrow.

Yes - he recommends exercise highly! He says anyone can do 17 minutes of cardio once per day but, he goes on and says that cardio helps boost your metabolic rate so we should in stage 1 be exercising cardiovascularly 17 min in the am and 17 min in the pm. His DVD is good - I was sweating and I consider myself an intermediate exerciser who has been on "hiatus"!! For my evening cardio - it is walking from my office to where I park - at least for now - with exception on the weekends when I will do 17 minutes of something at home. This is a tuff diet because there is no cheese, no dairy, no fats except olive and flax oil. First week only chicken, turkey and fish - no beef for your meats. You do get to eat yogurt though which I love! It is tuff but 17 days is not a long time so I am hoping to do it and be finished in time for my birthday.

Today was horrendous - day off to get labs and xrays: 12 films, 6 vials of blood - all went well and I will wait to hear the results. New bedding came from Khol's - memory foam mattress pad and I stripped the bed and the spare bed, washed all bedding and remade the beds. Cleaned the bathroom, did laundry, went to two groceries, came home and BF who is now much much worse was vomitting. I called the doctor and after begging them - they said if you can get him here in 15 minutes a resident can see him. We live about 10 minutes away so it was doable. Rushed him to the car and drove like a crazy person. Had to stop 3 times on the way so he could throw up - great! School traffic and we are on the side of the road w/him vomitting - all over the car and himself. We did get there on time and they gave him a steroid shot, toradol shot, rx for an inhaler and rx for zofran dissolvable tablets. He is still on the vibramycin and still has the headache. I am giving him the pearls for coughing which seem to be working better than the liquid they gave him. Oh and he has 100 degree temp. I am glad that I made that other bed because that is where he is sleeping until he is well... I just sat down and I am exhausted. Needless to say there was very little food aside from a 0% fage yogurt and cheese and coffee. I am going to bed - so much for looking forward to my day off!

Last edited by Debbi; 01-05-2011 at 05:30 PM..
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Plan for tomorrow:
AM: walk 17 minutes
Do not forget to drink the Hot Lemon water!!
Coffee/hard boiled egg
S=yogurt
L=fish/green veggie at Luke's - MI company is taking underwriting to lunch!!
S=coffee
D=probally egg and spinach

PM exercise : 15 minute walk
Old 01-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Debbi, I haven't read the book at all but your menu looks similar to the hcg protocol (minus the oil & yogurt). Do you ever feel hungry ?

If you don't mind my asking, what does BF have ? I can see how now would be a difficult time for you - just today sounded like so much work.

Dr. Phil and the young doctor from the Doctors show have two teams on the 17 day diet. So it will be fun to watch their progress.

I have literally zero stamina. I get tired just going up one flight of stairs and my joints are real stiff. Does the exercise require a target heart rate ? I can walk for 17 minutes but not real fast.

I hope tomorrow goes better for you and BF.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Hi stinastina,

BF (Scott), is always sick w/something - usually migraines - he gets them around 2 a week for almost all of his life. He has been in hospitals and to doctors all over the U.S. - he was even addicted to one of the RX meds for about 30 yrs and just went into treatment 3 yrs ago to get off of it and has stayed off for the last 3 yrs with only 1 time when he got his hands on some (Stadol). You can easily tell when he is on it - the problem is that it gets rid of the headache within 15 minutes and everything else takes hours - so naturally he would want to take the stuff that gets rid of it quickly. Especially after a week like this one where he has had a migraine every day this week due to the sinus infection. Doctor said he has a bad Sinus infection and chest congestion along w/a migraine. He looks better today but is still confined to the bed and eating very little. He has stopped vomitting but still has the headache. The coughing is better too. I have a problem in that everything has to be going exactly right or I cannot stay on plan - I assume I am using this as an excuse , but I just cannot seem to overcome it - I let everything get in the way of what I need to be doing for me, always waiting until the time is right and now I have even more weight to lose and I am panicked. Sorry I have gone on and on!!

Yes I am getting hungry - I am guessing for two reasons: one is that I am so carbed up and the other is no or low fat. Also I am not real fond of veggies so I have not been eating all that I should. But, I have not given it a real chance. I keep saying 17 days is not a long time - I can do it for 17 days, then I go off the plan.

No target heart rate, just that you move for 17 minutes twice a day. He has the DVD but it is not required that you actually use his DVD. Some days I will and some I won't. The later stages of the diet have longer periods of exercise suggested. He says in the first stage that he only recommends 17 minutes because he does not want you get hungrier as a result of the exercising and he does not want you to get exhausted - only wants this to help elevate your metabolic rate to encourage faster weight loss in stage 1.

I am going to google the doctors and see if I can follow their progress - thanks for the info and thanks for the kind words!!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:46 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Debbi,
Wow, sorry to hear that - you definitely have a full plate. I totally understand about getting off plan with a crisis. It doesn't take much for me to fall off, but any amount of stress or drama will do it.
I guess we have to learn to put ourselves first but that's hard when you are used to caring for others.
I hope things get better for you guys.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks stina and I hope your plan is working well for you!

I am really tired and gratefull it is the weekend. BF is still really sick - says he feels a little better but the cough is not better. I am thinking he may have bronchitis. I got him to use the inhaler tonight and he did bathe (thank goodness) today and got dressed and rode w/me to McDonalds to get him a large diet coke and a quarter pounder - he did not eat the bread! He needs to eat more to get his stength up. I need to wait 20 minutes and take his temp. He is up and watching the LSU game so that's good and for now his headache appears to be gone. But he said when he coughs his chest and head hurts and he is coughing a lot. He is taking the pearls for coughing and the antibiotic and the antihistamine - I sure hope he has a turning point in the am - if not I am wondering if he should go to the Urgent Care Clinic?? We'll see tomorrow. He is also coughing up a few mucous plugs which is good. I just don't want this to go on until it is pneumonia. And I can't help wondering if this apartment has mold in the walls or something since it was in the area that Katrina hit and was recently repainted etc....but we are in an upper unit and there are 6 total units and I don't think anyone else is sick?? Hopefully this is just the crud that is going around and we will all get well and stay well.

Plan for tomorrow is to stay on plan no matter what. And tonight I am taking an advil so I can get rid of the pain in my head and sleep for a change!!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Deb ! I had chronic bronchitis for a couple of years and it turned out to be mold in my apartment. I ended up going to the hospital for pneumonia. That was no fun. I think you should go to the clinic. Pneumonia requires specific antibiotics and the ones for bronchitis are not strong enough. Vomiting is a symptom of pneumonia and not being hungry. It took me months to get my strength back and I lost almost 20 pounds. I hope for both of you he doesn't have it, but it's much better to be safe than sorry.

I haven't started my plan but I am getting things together in preparation. I am leaning towards starting Sunday. The hcg protocol is almost exactly like the menu of the 17 day except no oils or fats. We are allowed lean beef, though and melba toast. The hcg keeps you from feeling hungry and helps expedite fat stores.

I will say a prayer for you guys and hope things get better soon.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Stina - I am waiting for him to get up and see how he feels - no fever this morning and he mumbled he feels better but he kept me up most of the night coughing even though he is in the other room. I gave him his vibramycin and some grits this morning along w/another pearl for the coughing. I need to get him to use the inhaler again this morning and take his regular meds - gosh, he takes so many pills. I sure hope there is no mold here I don't know if I can move again, I am so tired of moving. I have to think it is whatever is going around because wherever I go everyone right now seems to be coughing and sneezing and just being ill in general. Of course only God know what Katrina stirred up in the atmosphere here. After Katrina when we traveled back to see the damage it looked like a nuclear disaster hit the city - it was all gray and white, dead and barren and the smell was horrendous - stayed like that for at least a year or more - so who knows.

I think years and years and years ago I went to a doctor who was giving the hcg injections - had to use special soap, eat really low fat etc. I don't really remember losing much on it but I was young and not really in the mind set to lose weight. I don't think I stayed on it for long.

I have managed so far today to stay on plan and even exercised!
Had coffee, 1/2 grapefruit and 1 hard boiled egg.
Exercise was new dvd Yoga Earth section one - pretty good workout all cardo and no yoga - about 20 minute total w/warm up and cool down. Plan on doing section 2 later if possible. Lunch will probably be turkey bacon, lettuce, egg and snack will be fage yogurt. Don't know about dinner yet. I seem to have my determination back.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Last edited by Debbi; 01-08-2011 at 08:32 AM..
Old 01-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Debbi,
I wouldn't be surprised if indeed there were atmospheric after effects to this day from Katrina. Many of the fema trailers were toxic and some people continue to sell them to this today, despite it being banned. Is there any recourse for you with the housing dept if your place does have mold ?

The meal plan you described in the other thread sounds just like the hcg protocol (minus the fats & oils). The soap recommended is basically any soap without fat or oil. Now they have homeopathic drops which are easier to manage than the injections and a lot less expensive. I think netrition has the drops for sale now.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

Stina, New Orleans is very humid and has always been a good breeding ground for mold anyway. You are right about those trailers - there are still some in yards today and I don't understand why they are still there after all this time. A co-worker made a comment yesterday that 10 or 20 yrs from now when everybody in New Orleans starts dying from some illness - form of cancer etc...then we will know what was in the air and of course it will be too late. Such a shame - first our homes, air supply, and now our coastline, wild life and gulf seafood and all the livelihoods associated with it. It really makes me question moving back home. But my heart is content here - I felt so unsettled in Texas and definitely knew I did not belong there! And I will feel even better once I can rebuild my house on my lot. I told BF today that for the last 6yrs we have been living in hotels and apartments and then the condo I bought in TX and then a friend's upstairs bedroom last year when we first moved back and now we are back in an apartment - really makes me appreciate my home! Our lives have been in such a state of disruptment for so long - it has really been ruff! All we can do is move forward and trust that our higher power has our back!!

I would love to try the hcg but am afraid to because of my liver - I have primary biliary cirrhosis - was diagnosed 5 yrs ago - no known cause and no cure except a transplant. Lucky for me a medicine used for gallbladder issues Ursodiol is keeping me in remission for now - my liver tests have all been good and I am waiting to see the ones from last week. Evidently this is an autoimmune disorder that affects primarily women b/w the ages of 30 and 60 - the ducts from the gallbladder to the liver shut off whatever goes to the liver and basically the body is trying to kill the liver. So, I am hesitant to try the hcg since everything goes thru the liver. Wish I could though! I remembered the name of the soap - it was Lowilla and I remember eating lots of lean baby veal and around 500 calories. My mother was aggravated w/me because she spent all this money and then I didn't follow it!

BF says he feels better and he wanted a "good Meal" - he was hungry. Against my wishes he wanted to go to Outback - so we did and I had a small filet and veggies - he had the 14oz ribeye, salad, baked potatoe! I think he will be okay!!! Actually he says the only thing left is the cough - he wanted to go to Outback b/c we could sit in a booth and he wouldn't bother anyone if he coughed. He is really good about the cough he carries a few Kleenex tissues w/him and always covers his mouth and nose - in the house as well.

I ended up going to KMart & WalMart and made a point of walking alot so I could get my evening exercise in that way - then I had to haul everything I bought up the stairs! I ended up buying a UV air purifier and put it in the bedroom - it was pricey so I hope it helps to keep the air clean in there. If I notice a difference I will buy another one. Oh and I want to get one for my office as well, but a smaller one. I also bought 2 new Saints shirts.... probably should have waited since they lost! Oh well.....no 2 Dat or Repeat Dat this year!

I feel pretty good about my exercise and eating today even though I did eat beef and the plan does not allow for it - along w/whatever fat they cooked it in. But, I had no other fat today - I did not eat lunch either so maybe that will make up for it.

Looking forward to exercising tomorrow and StAyInG oN pLaN!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up later than planned and then took my time waking up!

Exercise was 60 minutes!!!! Sweatin in the Spirit w/Donna Richardson & it really had me Sweating! Tonight I plan on doing the line dancing segment again for my evening cardio.

Since I woke so late I most likely will only have 2 meals and maybe one snack.

So far: 2%fage w/3 drops lemon flavored Sweet Leaf - it was pretty good and coffee.

Not sure about later because it is really cold out and I don't know if I will want to go to the grocery to get anything to cook - may have eggs and turkey bacon for dinner or veggie soup....have to look in the fridge.

BF tried to sleep in the room w/me last night but he is still coughing too much - he is feeling better though and I am making sure he is taking all his meds till this is gone!!

Got the new Gary Taubes book yesterday but I am still reading the 17 day diet so most likely won't start it til next week, but it looks good.

I am really excited about staying on plan and hope that this pays off and I finally lose weight. Decided last night that I will weigh on my birthday the 27th and try not to before then. I will stay on the attack or phase 1 plan until then.

Weekends I can exercise for longer periods of time but during the week I am really limited due to the long hours I work. So on days the weather is good and I can walk to work that will be my evening exercise and mornings will include that walk plus another 17 minutes at home. On days the weather is bad and I cannot work I will do 17 min in the am and 17 min in the pm at home - as often as life allows. Promise myself to make it a priority and not let little things stop me from doing it or straying from plan.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Debbi !

How are you and BF doing ? Who is Gary Taubes ? There is no way I could wait two weeks to weigh ! I have to weigh every day anyways for the hhcg protocol. Today is my first VLCD. Is that Donna, Tom Joyner's wife ?
Old 01-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Not doing so well - went off plan - have not lost one ounce but did not expect to -

Lab results are in and the doctor did not order the cholesterol test or the Free T4. The tests she did order all came in normal EXCEPT: My white blood cell count is very low - lower than the lowest number in the range. But her nurse told me not to worry! It was okay - that's great but I have had 5 Upper Respiratory Infections this year and although I don't have an M.D. behind my name, I am thinking that maybe this is why I keep getting sick....I have read that 2 cups of yogurt per day are good for boosting your wbc but I have to research more. Also, my xrays did indicate arthritic changes, degenerative bone loss etc but the cervical spine xrays indicate a 13th rib (actually there are 2 ribs)- an extra rib at C-7. This is a congenital abnormality according to what I have read and only occurs in less than 1% of the population, but can result in Thoracic Outlet syndrome. The symptoms are exactly what I have been experiencing - exactly. And I still believe I have carpal tunnel syndrome but have not been tested for that. The doctor's nurse never mentioned anything about the extra rib and instead of sending me to an orthopedist or whoever deals with carpal tunnel and TOS - she sets up an appointment with a Rheumatologist - my blood test for Rheumatoid arthritis came back negative. She is an idiot and I feel like I have wasted my time. So now I will research docs for myself and set up appointments. The only reason I am not telling her what I think of her is that she is close to my house and I will use her for the flu and things like that.

I have been exercising everyday. Today was good - 50 minutes of cardio - Breakfast was 2 slices of turkey bacon and 2% fage yogurt and coffee. Lunch was just some whipped cream cheese and dinner was a very small piece of salmon and some broccoli. Snack was whipped cream cheese w/a little splenda and coffee. I have chicken leg quarters in the oven for tomorrow. This evening I vacuumed and mopped, got on my hands and knees to clean the bathroom floor etc....went grocery shopping, Big Lots - found 2 chairs and a small table for our balcony/porch area - this made me very happy. BF is back to normal - doing absolutely nothing. He knows the pain I am in w/my neck and wrists but does not help w/the housework. L-A-Z-Y!!!!

Tomorrow I will work on my clothes - I did get some of those bags that can supposedly hold a lot of things and you suck out the air and it takes up very little space. I will try that w/all my size 6 clothes - I do not think I will ever get back in them but will hold onto them for 1 more year - I love them - hope I can get this weight off. Also have to bring my car to the dealership to see why it is squeaking when I turn the wheel. And tomorrow night I go w/a friend from work and her family to see a play at Chat Noir on St Charles Avenue probably from 7:30 til 9:00 pm.

Plan for tomorrow is yoga/pilates for exercise.
Food plan is egg with 1/4 avocado in the morning. Lunch will probably be a yogurt and dinner a chicken leg quarter. I also plan on having a glass of wine at the play. And my 2 cups of coffee. That's it !

Tuesday I took my Birthday holiday so I can get my hair cut and colored. Tuesday's plan is to get up early and exercise for 1 hour then get hair done and finish up with my clothes. I wish I had taken the rest of the week off! Might start painting my picture if I have time?? Or start reading the Taubes book!

Then Wednesday it is back to work...

Last edited by Debbi; 01-16-2011 at 05:31 PM..
Old 01-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Extremely tired - all day and night - all my joints hurt....Immediately got up and brought car to the dealership - did not get it back until 3pm. Took BF to get his Rx filled and it was 188.00 - 150 of it is his deductible so I had to pay for it because he doesn't have the money and he MUST take this drug. Then I went to the grocery and they overcharged me by 18.00 and I had to go back. My On Demand section of my cable on the living room TV was out so that took about an hour on the phone w/ the cable company. Spent another hour on the phone w/BF's insurance company trying to find out about why they were not paying for the medicine which of course was because of the deductible - which he said he did not have! Spent the rest of the day on the phone w/doctors trying to find out what is wrong with me and where I go next. Cancelled the play tonight, I am not in the mood. Jan 26th I have to report to Neurology to have a nerve conduction test to see if I have carpal tunnel - then I will go to a Rheumatologist if necessary. I cancelled the gyno appointment after I read reviews about her on line - Horrible!!! I will find my own and hopefully a menopause specialist. Sometime in February I go to the Liver speacialist. I am hoping we find out what is wrong soon - this is making me very nervous.

Food was not the greatest and other than running errands and going up and down stairs, changing sheets etc...there was no exercise today.

Food was coffee and 3 oz of cream cheese for breakfast. Lunch was 1 egg and shredded cheddar. Dinner was coffee and 1 chicken leg quarter and 1 oz dark chocolate.

Could have been better and could have been worse! Tommorrow is another day!
Plan for tomorrow is to get up and exercise and eat an egg. Get hair done - come home and have an egg white omlette and dinner is chicken and asparagus.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Debbi ! You have so much on your plate these days with your health and Bf's health. I will say a prayer for you guys and hope things get better for you soon.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the kind words and prayers stina - sometimes it seems there is no end to these problems - but I am sure this is how everyone feels. I always feel better after I vent in my journal!!

Today was relatively calm....woke and had coffee, then exercised - Kathy Smith -Project You core foundations for 30 minutes and then her floor legs - it was a good workout. Got my hair dyed and cut - it looks pretty good but I would have liked shorter, spikier layers ......next time! Food was just okay - egg whites with 1 T shredded cheddar and 1 tsp butter for breakfast/Lunch was unfortunately - chocolate/Dinner was ground turkey (1/4 cup) - white - very lean w/creole seasoning mix and a coffee. Even though I had the chocolate, my calories are pretty low so I think I will be okay.

Scale showed 1lb down this morning after maintaining for two days. At least it isn't going up. BF has a migraine and I am getting prepared to go back to work...ugghh - wish I had the rest of the week off! Oh well.........

Relaxing for the rest of the day and an early bedtime. It is raining now - hopefully it will all be gone by tommorrow!!

Forgot to add.....I am off all breads, crackers etc and I already feel like my stomach is much better - I don't feel as bloated and I really haven't had all the bathroom issues I was having - seems gluten does not agree w/me.

Last edited by Debbi; 01-18-2011 at 03:06 PM..
Old 01-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Debbi ! Congrats on your loss ! I am today was a bit better for you.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Stina! Hope all is doing well for you and I am go glad you took the time to visit!

Back to work today and it wasn't so bad........
Maintained the 1lb loss this morning.
Exercise was Biggest Loser Power Walk 1 mile then I walked the 1/2 mile to my office and again tonight I walked the 1/2 mile from my office to the parking garage. It's easier in the morning!
Food: I feel like I did really well today and I am continuing to feel better...tummy wise...
B=scrambled eggs from the food court.
L=ground turkey w/creole seasoning and parmesean cheese from home.
S=protein bar
D=out w/BF - sliced turkey and 1 slice swiss (did not eat all of the turkey)
Coffee. Also 1 T of cream cheese

Need to skip the protein bar and cream cheese tomorrow! But it was pretty good.

I have hard boiled eggs for breakfast tomorrow and ground turkey again for lunch and for dinner. My 2 coffees as usual and I will bring the protein bar "just in case"!
I have to get up really early tomorrow so I probably will not exercise - if I do it will be another 1 mile walk and if not too tired another mile walk in the pm. Will play it by ear!

Oh - and everyone is sick AGAIN....at work, the closer had to leave and three others are coughing all over the place.....I pray I don't get it again.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

No exercise today - had to get to work early

Really disappointed that the scale has not moved despite staying on plan. A friend at work has been doing the new weight watchers plan and basically taking the weekend off and she has lost 15lbs since Christmas. I am sure I am eating less cals than she is - she get 29 points plus an extra 49 per week which she uses on the weekends. If the pounds don't start moving soon I will probably try WW but I am giving this a full two weeks. No matter what I will stay low or lower carb - no more wheat for me - I feel so much better with no wheat or gluten in my diet!

Food today:
B: 2% fage plain + coffee
S: 1 hard boiled egg
L: ground turkey w/very little parm
D: ground turkey w/cheddar
Coffee + 1 T cream cheese

Hopefully the scale will budge tomorrow.

May not exercise tomorrow either - I am staying up late watching a couple of shows that I like tonight. Plan for food is scrambled eggs for breakfast and snack of boiled egg and then a snack of laughing cow cheese and celery. Dinner will be out so I will be very carefull to eat only half of what I order and it will be protein and green veggie.

Then I will ramp it up for the weekend!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Weight today was down another pound!! Should be more but I'll take it!
No exercise was up late and had to get to work early.
Food:
B=Full Fat Fage Yogurt + coffee
L=1 Hard boiled egg + 1 Laughing cow cheese
S=protein bar
D=cutlet and a very small amount of salad (out)
Then coffee & 1 T of cream cheese at home.

Tommorrow I will definitely be exercising - not sure what yet???
We are also planning on going to VooDoo Barbecue for a late lunch around 2ish. So I will sleep in, exercise, have an egg and coffee then I will to to the late lunch and probably have brisket and a salad. Dinner will most likely be coffee and a slice of 2% cheese or some kind of snack.

Sure wish the weight loss would pick up!! I want all this gone like yesterday!! But I am happy w/any movement downward..........
Old 01-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

Great work, Debbi ! Congrats on your loss !
Old 01-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Stina for all the encouragement - hope you are doing well too!!

Seems we have a pattern here - lose a lb, maintain, lose a lb, maintain. Today I maintained - which is really better than gaining which I usually do when we go out to eat on a Friday night.

Today:
Exercise: Cheryl Tiegs - (old video) - interval workout - just okay - 50 min
B: coffee + 1 harboiled egg
L: most likely brisket and salad at VooDoo Barbecue around 2 or roast chicken at Zea
D: cup of soup, tea

That's the plan anyway!
Old 01-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

some changes for the day...
L=Chicken Cesaer Salad @ Zea restaurant - wasn't that great, it was huge and I was hungry so I had 1.5 pcs of the 3 pcs of chicken and probably 1/3 of the salad.
Later S= 2 pcs chocolate ...booo...got stressed and immediately reached for it - over now and I could have eaten 6 pcs but instead threw them away
much later snack = coffee + 1 T cream cheese

Went to the mall and did some shopping - went to another mall and walked around a little, shopped, then ate lunch around 2pm

I think for tomorrow I am going to do some yoga and pilates or Classical stretch - we'll see.
Food is going to be real simple for tomorrow:
B=eggs + turkey bacon
L= egg
D=salmon w/asparagus or soup or filet w/asparagus

Also will work on magazines, books and clothes/closet. Bf is supposed to vaccum and dust.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Woke too late for Classical Stretch on TV and my on demand is out again and I really do not feel like hanging on the phone w/Cox for an hour so I will save that chore for later...or perhaps for BF on Monday!

Scale: Weight is down another 1 lb!!
Exercise: Sharon Mann DVD yoga/pilates and 12 minutes of line dancing.
Food: B=coffee + 3 sl low sodium thin turkey bacon + 1 slice extra thin swiss cheese. Also had 1 swallow of a protein shake w/vitamins.
L: Most likely will be 1 slice low sodium ham/swiss w/1/4 avocado rolled up (lite since I ate breakfast late)
D: Probably a Salmon Organic Bistro frozen dinner - only 65 mg of sodium - I only eat the salmon and the broccoli (may sub Asparagus)
S=coffee + 1oz ceam cheese w/a tiny but of sans sucre cheesecake mix added (looking forward to this keeps me on plan-but I am trying to cut it out and do just the meat/veggie/fat - no AS and no dairy, except 1 or 2 oz hard cheese per day). Just had a thought - I may be able to nix this if I substitute the Artisan coconut butter!

We'll see....

It would be so wonderful if I could loose 2lbs by tommorrow morning because that would put me into a whole lower pound range!! Something to look forward to....!

Last edited by Debbi; 01-23-2011 at 10:44 AM..
Old 01-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Well - a few changes....
L=some cream cheese and pork rinds
(we were driving around going to vaious dollar stores - & I did not have much)
D= small filet cooked w/garlic and butter and very small salad w/bleu cheese dressing

All in all a pretty good day and I am really tired - hope to sleep well tonight in order to start the work week off right!

Plans (subject to change!) for tomorrow are:
Exercise = Jane Fonda's stress relief cardio
Food:
B=last of the yogurt - full fat fage
L=lettuce and leftover filet
D=asparagus and the last of the filet

Starting to crave nuts - I am thinking probably because I am not eating enough fat-so far I am resisting the urges.

Hoping for a loss tomorrow!

Last edited by Debbi; 01-23-2011 at 06:17 PM..
Old 01-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

No loss.... But I feel so much better eating this way I don't intend to stop.

Exercise: Slim series start it up
B: Full fat fage + coffee
L=Filet + lettuce + 2 tsp dressing
D=2T 1/3 less cream cheese + pork rinds + coffee

I do see a trace on the ketostix. I will try to exercise again tomorrow because I won't be exercising at all on Wednesday since I go for my test for carpal tunnel. It is raining tonight and it will be a nasty cold day all day tomorrow.

Not sure what I will eat tomorrow - maybe:
B=scrambled eggs + coffee
L=ham,swiss & romaine rollups
D=scrambled egg w/butter and 1T cheese

I need to remember how much better I feel physically when I want to eat sugar or wheat/gluten. I firmly believe that I must have an allergy to gluten - I am totally off of all wheat and feel so much better!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is down .8 today!

Did not exercise I was extremely tired and slept later than I should have.
Food:
B=Scrambled Eggs + Coffee
L=Protein Bar - was in meetings all day
D=1 egg + 1 white + shredded cheddar + cream cheese + coffee

Tomorrow I go for my nerve conduction test for carpal tunnel - not looking forward to it!
Plan is no exercise
Food:
B=bacon + coffee
L=probably another protein bar since I will be in the car travelling to the hospital
D=Salmon + asparagus + coffee

Thursday is my birthday so as a present to myself I will make sure I exercise!!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

No exercise had to get to work early since I was leaving early for my tests.
B: egg/bacon + coffee
L=Protein bar in the car
D=coffee + chef salad (out) w/chicken, ham, egg, colby cheese - will probably only eat 1/2 of it -if that
S=1 T of cream cheese

Down .2lbs today - was hoping for 1lb. Tomorrow is my birthday and I am hoping to be down 1 lb at least which will push me over to the next lower group of pounds.

Tests today revealed that I have carpal tunnel in both wrists. Also the Neurologist tested the muscles w/needles and when she got to my neck she tested C5,6,7 and told me there is definitely something serious going on there and that I need to have an MRI as soon as possible. She will send the report and recommendation to my doctor by this evening. So, I will be calling them tommorrow. Boy those needles in the bicep and neck really hurt.

Anyway, at least I will find out what is wrong with my head and neck soon - I just pray it is not a tumor.

Tommorrow is my birthday and so I will exercise and eat really well as a present to myself. My favorite birthday cake is Doberge from Gambino's bakery - delicious!! But I will limit it to 1 small chocolate doberge square on Saturday after we eat dinner or maybe just some low carb cheesecake - we'll see.

Food for tommorrow:
B=yogurt + coffee
L=chicken and green beans
D=egg + butter
S=cream cheese and coffee
Old 01-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Today was my birthday and my co workers decorated my office and I received lots of nice gifts!! One of them is a WW points calculator that I said I wished I had - they now get 29 points so I think I am going to try to do low carb mixed w/WW points! Will probably start Saturday.

Weight did not budge so I did not make my goal for my birthday . Not giving up though even though it is coming off so sllllloooowwwww.

Exercise: 10 minutes of flexibility and 13 minutes of jump start cardio.
Food - off plan slightly due to b'day.

B=coffee/yogurt -FF fage
S=nuts
L=chicken (small amt)
S=3 pcs of "birthday" candy
D=coffee + 1 tsp pb + 4 crackers + 1 slice extra thin swiss cheese.

Not a very good day eating wise. Around 975 calories.

Will do much better tomorrow - promise to self!
Plan yogurt 2% Fage for breakfast + coffee
Plan for lunch is swiss/lettuce roll ups
Plan for dinner is small mcdonald's burger (no bun and plain)+ coffee
Snack if necessary is 1 oz cream cheese w/flavoring (non caloric)

Will also exercise - if weather looks good I may exercise for 30 minutes. All cardio and then floor legs.

Cannot wait for the weekend!