Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
I am slowly starting to feel better. Last week was horrible health wise and stress wise. I have to get off this rollercoaster. I finally stepped on the scale and while I am not sharing what the numbers were - I am truly horrified. And scared straight. I will be on plan here on out and if I don't see the scale going down I am going to pay the money and go see what is wrong. Nothing I have fits! And I continue to convince myself that I can have crackers and cheese nips etc and I can't. I don't care if I get deathly ill I am staying on my low carb plan that has worked for me in the past. End of conversation w/self!!

Today I did Piloxing and it was okay - I'm not thrilled with it so I am glad I didn't buy the dvds. Then I did a 20 minute stretch dvd which was okay.

B/L was 2%fage mixed w/a little blue bunny low carb black cherry yogurt.
Snack was slice cheddar and scoop of marscapone and a few cashews.
Dinner - went out w/friends and kept it to 1 glass of wine, scoop spinach, crab and artichoke dip, Mahi Mahi grilled w/butter, scallops, shrimp and crab meat and a small dinner salad w/blue cheese. Sounds like a lot and I am full but it really wasn't - 2 scallops, 2 shrimp, I ate 3/4 of the Mahi and maybe a tablespoon of crabmeat and I ate about half of the salad. It was pretty good. Came home and had a cup of coffee and I am waiting for BF to get home from the high school football championships at the Dome.

Tomorrow I will exercise - not sure what for at least 45 minutes and will have eggs and turkey bacon for brunch. Dinner - don't know yet but most likely filet or beef and asparagus. I desparately need to go to the grocery and cook for the week. I will lose weight and not be fat for Christmas.
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Did pretty good today or at least better....slept in - exercised by doing the warmup and 1st segment from Burn N Firm Pilates. That's all I felt like doing...went Christmas shopping and boy was it windy.......and cool..... Got everyone in my office a mini bottle of Champagne, piece of brie and piece of chocolate that looks like a bottle of champagne and I will put it all together in mini bags and it will take at least 3 trips to bring them all!!
Food - 2 coffees, yogurt-2% fage, piece cheese, dinner=chicken w/asparagus and blue cheese dressing. Yum.

The 16th is when my boss takes all those who report directly to her to breakfast at a very nice restaurant. Should be nice ! Hoping I can lose at least 4 lbs by then.

Not sure if I will work out tomorrow - have to leave early due to the weather forecast so we'll see.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Feel bad again tonight and today - ugghh don't know what it is - just wish I could feel good for a few days. No exercise this am - too tired.
Did better food wise. And will do even better tomorrow. Sick and Tired of being sick and tired! Excited about seeing the Biggest Loser tomorrow night - the finale. Hope to maybe do at least 15 minutes of exercise in the am if I feel okay and sleep well. Really looking forward to the long Christmas weekend.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

woke up at midnight coughing last night - terribly...what the heck is going on ...this will not go away. Still managed to get up at 5:30 drank coffee and did the fit tv segment on Zumba - only 8 minutes but it was kinda fun. Don't think I would buy the videos though. Food was terrible but at least I didn't eat a whole lot of it! No details, tired, want to get ready for bed and watch the biggest loser then bedtime. Thankfull that it is Wednesday tomorrow and the week is 1/2 over.

Will def do better tomorrow. Will exercise for 20 minutes in the am and get scrambled eggs at work for breakfast.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Finally got my DE!!! Yay, now I am marketable - can underwrite anywhere!! Yippee!! It is what I have been waiting for and it has taken almost 1 year.

Still having coughing and sinus and tummy issues - not quite as bad today. Tomorrow is the office breakfast for Christmas - really not looking forward to it but it is nice of the boss.

Work is still slow which is not a good thing but at least we get a breather. BF has a migraine of course - I need him to drive me to the Breakfast tomorrow and then pick me up in the evening and he better come through.

Anyway - I did exercise for about 15 minutes this morning and food was pretty good til I had to stop at the drugstore and got Bridge Mix -but I threw most of it away.

Tomorrow I should be able to get in at least 20 min of exercise since I can leave later.
Breakfast should be easy w/eggs, bacon, sausage - probably no lunch - maybe tuna for dinner. And then Friday, Sat, Sunday exercise will be good!!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Did so much better today - Went to the office Christmas breakfast which was in an absolutely beautiful hotel - had eggs, bacon, sausage and black coffee and I was full until 5pm. BF dropped me off and then we all walked the 5 blocks back to the office - it was really nice out - about 68 degrees! Dinner was.........more eggs! And a little cream cheese and coffee.

No exercise but that's okay I will get back on track Saturday for sure.

Tomorrow I am going to be swamped at work so I will probably have eggs for breakfast and yogurt for lunch then low carb, low sodium lobster soup - and we will probably run errand etc. Saturday is a graduation party we have to go to and a really good chef will be preparing the food and I know there will be seafood and things I can eat so I will be fine there. Only thing is I will probably have a glass of wine!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:14 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Okay - weighed in and figuring out what exercise I will do this morning - probably Taebo Amped. Weight is the same - OMG - highest weight in years, I cringe just thinking about it. So, I will lose 4 lbs this weekend - I don't care if I do not eat anything!! At least I'll try. I sure wish I could wear the menopause patch again - that really helped me to start losing weight again. But I have to say I really do not have bad hot flashes any more or night sweats - only occasionally now. Anyway - plan for the day is 45-60 minutes exercise, clean the house, eat clean and as little as possible - low or no sodium. Trick is to exercise enough that it helps boost my metabolism but not exhaust me - still having the tiredness issues - but this may because of all the extra weight I am carrying-going to the doctor(new) 12/27 to talk over my issues and have blood checked etc. Trying to remain positive but its tuff!!

Will report back later.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast/lunch/dinner was 1 low carb dannon yogurt +1T peanut butter +1 coffee - have not eaten anything since and I am not hungry. We are going to a graduation party for a friend's daughter's boyfriend in a little while and I am soooooooo disgusted with myself that no clothes fit. I keep thinking something is wrong - thyroid, menopause, etc..but I know its what I have been eating. Even the yogurt and peanut butter - I did not eat that when I started and during the main part of my weight loss - I know I did not eat yogurt until I was around 145lbs. I am strict on low carb until 12/28 when I go to the doctor or at least the low carb plan that helped me lose before - my own but truly strict adherence NO Peanut butter. I am sure they will have something I can eat at the party she usually has meat or seafood so I'll be okay there.

Exercise - decided to do an Anti-aging dvd cardio and a little yoga then did 30 minute really old cosmopolitan video that was cardio alternating w/weights - surprisingly it is really good. I could not find Taebo amped. Not sure what I will do tomorrow and then I have to get a plan together for the week. It looks like the weather may be okay so I can park at the far lot and walk everyday which will help. I also wrapped all the Christmas gifts, mopped the floors, vaccummed, changed the sheets, cleaned the tub, toilet, sink. And did a little Christmas shopping and now I am wondering why I am so tired!!
Old 12-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up expecting a loss and was so disgusted w/the gain of 1.5lbs. All I ate all day yesterday was coffee, 45 cal low carb yogurt and 1T pb - did 45 min of exercise, kept very active all day and then went to the party last night and ate low carb -seafood - crab, crabmeat, roast. Maybe it was the lateness or maybe there was too much sodium (did not taste like it) - it was definitely high fat. I am just so disgusted to see the scale continue to go up and up and up. I know mostly it is my fault but then when I stay on plan I still don't lose. So, change of plans til Christmas. Because I need to experiment to see if it is me or my body I am doing some tried and true crashes. Also my body hurts from the exercise and I feel soooo heavy and have to exert so much effort when I exercise - so I am going to go to every other day - total body minimum 40 min. If I feel like it then on alternate days a less demanding workout like yoga, pilates etc. but that is optional.

Sun, Mon, Tues - 3 day diet Wed, Thurs egg/meat
Sunday 12/19 - today:
Exercise : Jane Fonda Walk(fit tv) + Standing Abs (fit tv) + pilates floor legs (fit tv)=50 minutes
B=woke too late to have full 3dd breakfast so I just had the slice low carb toast and 1T pb + coffe
L=1 slice low carb toast w/ 1/2cp tuna
D=3oz filet + asparagus/beets + 45 cal yogurt or 1/2 cup low carb ice cream

Monday: Pilates(opt)
B=Coffee - black + 1sl low carb toast + 1 egg
L=1 sl low carb toast + 1 can tuna
D=left over filet + aspargus/beets + 45 cal yogurt or 1/2 cup low carb ice cream

Tuesday: 40 minute total body workout
B=Coffee(black) +1 sl low carb toast + 1oz cheddar cheese
L=1 sl low carb toast + 1 hard boiled egg
D=fish + asparagus/beets + 45 cal yogurt or 1/2 cp low carb ice cream

I have followed this plan exactly like it is written above which includes some of my variations to lower the carbs and lost 9lbs in 3 days - then I did it another time and lost 5lbs in 3 days. I am hoping since I seem to be holding so much fluid that I lose the 9lbs but at this point I will take any loss.

Wednesday 12/22yoga/pil opt)
B=2 scrambled eggs
L=1 -2 harboiled eggs
D=burger w/lettuce

Thursday 12/23: Total body workout for 45 min
B=2 eggs scrambled
L=1-2 hard boiled eggs
D=burger w/lettuce

I have done this 2 day diet in the past and lost 4lbs in 2 days - I'll take any loss at all!!

Friday 12/24 - Christmas Eve - hope is to crash off at least 8lbs dream loss would be 13lbs which is not likely to happen but any loss is good so that I am not so puffy. I haven't heard from my brother yet but I am guessing he is coming in and we will go to dinner that night. I will definitely low carb all day and night and I will exercise and NO Alcohol!

Saturday 12/25 - Christmas Day - Exercise, Church, Cemetary. BF leaves at around 4 pm to go home to see his daughters and family - not sure what I will do - I think my brother usually has dinner w/a friend's family so I will be alone. Maybe a movie or maybe just take care of myself and hopefully not cry and feel sorry for myself. I can always watch movies and exercise. Will eat low carb.

Sunday 12/26-go to see Stepfather w/my brother across the lake - about a 40 minute drive. Will exercise and eat low carb.

Monday 12/27 - exercise and start the 3DD all over again if successfull or stick to low carb - will decide after the experiment is over! I will actually be on vacation so I will go shopping and clean and cook and relax.

Tuesday 12/28 - another vacation day - I am going to call and try to get a hair appointment in the afternoon. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning - (which if I lose weight I will cancel until January since we will have new insurance and a new deductible - I did not meet this years 2800 deductible and I have around 700 in my HSA and next year the deductible goes down to 2000 - w/the 700 I only have to come up w/1300 so it would be best if I can wait).

Wed 12/29 - back to work!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

My day ended with - Breakfast as stated - no lunch, wasn't hungry due to late breakfast. BF did not want filet or burger so we had pork chops. I had asparagus. Then a coffee and instead of ice cream or yogurt a very teeny tiny square - size of a dime - of organic 80% chocolate w/ginger in it. That's it. Let's see what tomorrow brings!

Watched Marilu Henner on TV and rembered about how she got so thin - with dancing, pilates and food combining. I did food combining in the beginning - 1/2 grapefruit/2hrs later hard boiled egg/lunch of burger or tuna or chicken w/lettuce and mayo/small dinner of some sort of meat and green veggie and then coffee. I lost tons eating this way and it was fast. I also was thinking about the JUDDD diet. Dr Johnson's office is very close to my house so I may call about an appointment and meet him and see what he says - I need a doctor anyway!
Old 12-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Not a lot of time - have to wrap office gifts to bring tomorrow! Weight was down 1.8 this morning. Food was pretty good - did not stay exactly on plan, but close. No exercise - did not sleep last night - horrible dreams and then I would wake up - must have been the pork chop - I rarely eat them!

Tomorrow promises to be better!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

So, exercised this morning - 30 min total body. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, lunch was low sodium chicken soup. Then I started feeling nauseated, running back & forth to the Ladies's room. Came home and all I could stomach was a few plain no salt crackers. Now I feel better and will have an oz of cheese and a weak coffee a little later and that's it. Several of us exchanged gifts today and I liked what I received! Some glasses - cute ones, couple of gift cards, nice hand lotion, horrible rum marzipan balls that I will throw away, small 2011 datebook. Should get at least 2 more tomorrow and then maybe 1 or 2 more on Thursday. Made reservations for Christmas Eve but had to take an early time - 5pm - as busy as the restaurants are that is probably for the best. I am sure the later diners will not get real good service. BF is in bed w/a two day migraine - the dog has been by his side the whole time, not eating or anything - she just adores him. Hopefully he will feel better in about an hour and I will get him to take her to the kitchen so she can eat. I just have 2 more days to work and I am off for 5 days - just have to make it through Thursday and stay well!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Officially sick again.......coughed all night, feel terrible, tired, achey etc...same thing the other u/w at my office has which she caught from her grandson. Several others have it as well. I could fall asleep right now so this will be brief. Did real good today until the Christmas candy gifts were sent around and I ate some . Plus I felt so bad tonight that all I could or wanted to eat was 1 pkt of grits w/butter and shredded cheeddar. I will bring soup to work tomorrow and I took a mucinex when I got home and will take a zyrtec before I go to bed which will be in about an hour. I only have to make it one more day and then I am off for 5 days - 2 of which BF will not be here so I can truly relax and do just what I want to do!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Woke up this morning w/no voice at all - did not sleep - coughed and coughed. Went to work and after work went to the urgent care. They gave me a shot of celestone and a rx for a Zpak. I just cannot catch a break. Oh, and my blood pressure was 150/90 - great - I have never had high blood pressure in my life. I have now had high blood pressure both times I went there. I did try to stay calm while I was there but the long wait and the fight w/BF on the phone and having just left the stress from work could all be contributing factors. I am not worrying about it until I see the doctor on the 29th and see what it is at her office. Other than the cough, laryngitis and headache I don't feel that bad.....I think I will make it to dinner for Christmas w/my brother tomorrow night. Had BF go to the grocery to get 2% plain fage and he came back w/full fat fage w/honey. Asked him to get 2% Kraft cheddar cheese sliced and he brought back Kraft sharp cheddar block cheese - regular fat. Asked him to get a small pack of ground sirloin and he brought back an 8.00 dollar package of ground sirloin - I have NEVER bought 8.00 worth of ground beef for 2 people. And since I got home so late from the clinic I couldn't cook it so it may go bad. I have to start the yogurt since I am taking the antibiotics and tomorrow night is filet. I will try to cook the ground beef "loose meat" style w/seasonings and stuff some peppers with it - we'll see. I do know that I will do some gentle exercising like Tai Chi and Yoga and Pilates and Walking while I am home and I will eat good whole food in small quantities and no snacks. I have lots of cleaning to do since my brother will come over here to exchange gifts I am sure and if BF really cared he would have started cleaning instead of just creating more mess - but he is lazy and selfish and I am looking forward to his going to see his family without me on Christmas Day. I will have three whole days to myself - me and my dog. The dog will go beserk because she adores him - but by the 2nd day she will be fine. Oh well I am going to take my antihistamine, sign my Christmas cards and go to bed.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:06 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Good news is I have lost 5lbs! Bad news is I am definitely sick. Tummy was so upset last night w/MAJOR waves of cramping due to the double dose of the Zpak. Today is no exercise although I did do the sit and be fit on TV. I have to do some light cleaning to make the house presentable then I will bathe and wash hair etc and finish wrapping gifts.....hopefully I will be up to going to dinner at 5pm. Voice is still really bad. Had a coffee and a Fage full fat yogurt w/honey and lemon. Plan on chicken soup later and more yogurt, tea....just trying to feel better. I used to drink lemon water all the time and put lemon juice on everything but now when I use it I get terrible heart burn. I have a sliding type hiatal hernia and I am sure all the stress from the last 5 years had taken a toll on my past stomach/colon problems and I am sure they are flaring up again. Hopefully I will get some help from the doctor on the 28th. I know there will be all kinds of tests they will want to do but I get new insurance in January so they will have to order them then. Last night was another 200.00 night at the Urgent care and that was only 65% of the bill. The Zpak was 45.00. So today I will try to take it easy and get better and I will TRY to be nicer to BF and everyone.....since it is Christmas.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas!!
Feeling a little better - made it to Christmas dinner last night and indulged a little. During the day I had Fage and honey for my throat and coughing and a little ground beef. Dinner was a 6oz filet, salad, a few pieces of garlic toastettes (small) and a bite of Bf's dessert and coffee. Not too bad.

Not weighing or exercising today since I am still trying to get better. I had a tuff night - horrible coughing that woke me at 2am and 3:30 am and 4:30 am. Did not get out of bed until 9:30am had coffee and will have a fage yogurt shortly.

Terrible weather here - cold and rainy and windy and BF leaves today. Of course he had a migraine last night and is still in bed. We are supposed to go to a friends house today to exchange gifts but I don't know...and he is leaving at 4pm. He has to drive an hour to get to Baton Rouge and then try to find his nephew's house which is where his sister will be. I have to get him packed to make sure he has all his meds, phone cord etc...gifts. My brother wanted me to pick him up to go to the cemetary today but I don't know if that will happen due to the lateness of everything. I may have to skip the friend's house and go when Scott leaves at 4pm. Disappointing........oh well.

I really do not want to go outside at all since I am sick and the weather is horrible.

Got nice gifts. BF gave me a Donatella bracelet w/3 charms. My brother gave me a Tiffany necklace - the newest one and 500.00 and a Swavorski snowflake ornament. He gave BF 2 really nice Brooks Brothers sweaters. Brother and wife liked their gifts. Gave her a Coach wristlet and a "Who Dat Diva" scarf. Brother got the Treme CD, Fleur De Lis Tie and Dinner at Antoines book from 1948 and a card w/pictures from his birthday in October. It was a pleasant night and the food and company were good!

So, I am off to dress and get BF up if that is possible....
Old 12-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Bf is gone - I went to a friend's house and exchanged gifts, came home and ate the rest of my ground beef w/shredded cheddar. I did eat a few Christmas candies today but nothing horrible and they are all gone now. Getting ready to have a little coffee then off to bed w/my dog Sophie - a little Bichon. She is really missing BF. I am worried about him, his health and that he tends to over do the pain meds when he feels bad - but I can't worry about that - the last 10 yrs all I have done is worry about and take care of him. I need to TRY to take care of myself and enjoy MY family the next couple of days. Whatever happens, happens - easy to say but I will still worry until he is home.

Tomorrow I will wake up and exercise, go get flowers for the cemetary, my brother will pick me up and we will go to the cemetary to see Mom, Dad and our grandparents then we will drive an hour to see our step father for lunch then drive back and take my brother to his friends house to drop the car off then bring him to the hotel downtown and then home..........busy day..........I hope to be home by 5pm.

Then, Monday, thank goodness is a rest day for me - I will exercise, shop, cook. May have to bring brother to the airport - not sure. Also BF will either be home Monday night or Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday I go to the doctor and hopefully will get some answers.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Tried to not let all the comotion w/BF today bother me but I did not succeed - I am very upset and stressed. First of all his sister had him leave his home on Christmas night to drive an hour and a half to stay w/her so they could leave at 5am to go home to see family. Then, they did not leave til after 12 noon........then, they took Bf's car which I told her they could NOT take because the brakes, transmission and tires are bad. She also had HIM DRIVE and he is schizophrenic and when he drives for long periods sees things on the road.....needless to say I unloaded on him and his daughter and now the sister who is the problem has been calling to explain and emailing me that she is sorry.........well, ya know what....I have absolutely nothing to say to any of them - they are all just ignorant and at this point I don't want to be involved with them in any way shape or form. I took two days off so I could have peace and quiet and relax and now they have ruined it and I have allowed them to get to me. I am not wasting any more time on them. I am not calling any of them, not even BF - while he is there he is their problem and I will try to take the rest of my time off and relax. In fact I have taken my 4th zithromax and I am probably going to take an advil tonight so I can sleep since I am so wound up - my neck and head are hurting. My heart is racing - I just cannot find a peaceful place in my life. My brother had me driving him all over town in the cold night sick - all the way downtown and it is very dangerous neighborhood for me to be driving by myself at night - I am waking up tomorrow with a very selfish attitude - ME FIRST!!!

Today was a terrible day emotionally - went to the cemetary, drove 50 minutes to see my stepfather and have lunch that I couldn't eat the food was so bad - the only good thing was the hushpuppies - which I ate. This morning I had yogurt and then when I got home I had cheese and 3 plain low sodium crackers w/butter. Earlier with all the drama with Bf's family I shoved chocolate nuts in my mouth - which makes me even angrier that I allowed them to get to upset me to the point where I was shoving chocolate in my mouth. I am really pissed at them and at myself. I did exercise today although I did not enjoy it like I thought I would. I did an old video - legs, legs, legs which was terrible and then Wakening Energy w/Jennifer Kries - standing part - and she really talks too much and drags it out. Not sure what I will do tomorrow but I will exercise and I plan on going to the store to buy some food to cook - not sure what yet, will have to think about it. Also, need to go thru some paperwork tomorrow, do nails, go the bank, go to Macy's etc.......I will probably do some Taebo tomorrow to take out my frustrations!

Last edited by Debbi; 12-26-2010 at 07:23 PM..
Old 12-27-2010, 08:12 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Hopefully all the drama is over! Took an advil last night but it really did not help me to sleep nor did it help the pain in the back of my head. And my heart feels like it is racing - most likely the mitral valve prolapse acting up. Got up later that I wanted to do but I think right now the most important thing I need to do for myself is rest. I will try to savor these next two days alone.

In a few minutes I will exercise - still not sure what that will be but I am leaning towards Taebo or the Firm....exercise w/a purpose!

Have had my morning coffee. I am eliminating ALL supplements (since Friday) until I see the doctor - I am worried about my Blood Pressure. I am going to buy a monitor today. While I would love to be able to stay home and indulge in painting etc....it is pretty boring if you don't have a hobby - there is nothing on TV!! Well, I will get up and get going and post later!
Old 12-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Bought the BP monitor and yep BP is high - it has always been 110/70 or 120/80 today it was 145/88 - not good. It is either the weight I have gained and lack of exercise or the chronic stress I have been under for the last 5 years that continues or menopause or the megadoses of D3 (started taking 2-5,000 mg per day)-I read BloodSugar 101's posts about it causing blood level calcium to increase etc. I also eat a lot of milk products - cheese, yogurt, butter. I will find out tomorrow.

Ran my errands and came home to find the dog had mucousy diarrhea - great! I am on vacation after all..........so, I gave her 1/2 of a Flagyl that she had from the last time she got sick. Could be that I brought something in on my shoes from my friends house where there were 4 dogs running around. Poor little thing - she is hungry. I put the pill in a tiny bit of ground sirloin so she would eat it and gave her about 15 pcs of her her food (teeny tiny pcs) because she was crying for it. I hope she is okay.

I have not heard from BF - today was the day they were having their big family Christmas dinner and then they are watching the Saints game on TV so I don't expect to hear from him and that is fine by me.

I have already cooked, ate my burger, am drinking my coffee, I've washed my hair and bathed - just need to do my toenails and relax.

Tomorrow I will probably do a Leslie Sansone Walk down your blood pressure on Fit TV - at least that's what I think it is!!

I really enjoyed my Firm workout today and I am going to start doing them again - they make me feel worked out but exhilarated not tired or sore.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:54 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Still maintaining the 5lb loss. Getting ready to do the AHA walk w/Leslie on FitTV. Then I will bathe, dress and go to the doctor. BF comes home today - mixed feelings...I have been enjoying my time alone and am starting to relax. Of course I go back to work tomorrow so that stress will be back as well..........

B:Coffee/scoop yogurt plain
L:??? out running errands
D:Burger + grean beans

Saints won!!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Okay - went to the doctor - blood pressure was fine - 128/76 - then later the doctor took it and it was fine. Liked the doc but she was 50 minutes late for our appointment. January 5th I will be having neck xrays and tons of blood work - we pretty much discussed everything needed including the neck and head pain. For now she says to take 2 advil per day - I can't I will be asleep at work - so for the next week I will take 1 at night and see if it helps.

BF has left late due to his sister again - I am trying to stay calm...........he won't get home til 5pm. Great! I am done w/his sister - maybe him too.

I have to go back to work tomorrow.... Don't wanna go.....I am starting to feel better, more rested, wrists don't hurt as bad. Oh well, gotta get back to the grind. It's gonna rain too.....hoping I have a few good days where I can park and walk and get to work later. I am really going to try to concentrate on not getting so upset at work, taking it easier and relaxing more. I'll try!

Getting ready to have a coffee and then my burger. Watching Dr Oz about substitutes and I am going to go thru my bills.

Oh, I went to Whole Foods today and got some interesting thingies!! And a Naked Chicken for tommorrow.

Last edited by Debbi; 12-28-2010 at 12:21 PM..
Old 12-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

I know I am responsible for myself - me, myself and I.....and I let others and things get the best of me. BF is back one day - he had a migraine last night, I come home he has a migraine, he lost a 76.00 gift certificate and spent all his Christmas money on LSU ornaments for "when he has a Christmas Tree, next year". Work was stressfull but I was already stressed because of BF - I feel like I live alone except that I have my problems to deal with and his as well. Any way I let it bother me today and ate off plan - won't go into the details, but it was bad - so bad my stomach really hurts.... No exercise, no weighing. In fact, I am not weighing until January 1st! HOWEVER, no matter WHAT I am ON PLAN.

Tomorrow I will exercise and I will eat right. I will report back tomorrow!

Last edited by Debbi; 12-29-2010 at 04:18 PM..
Old 12-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

More management and job shifting changes at work - very unsettling and nerve wracking. BF found his gift certificate. I wore new shoes to work and have 3 HUGE blisters - not a smart move. Bad food choices today - too much stress and temptation all around me right now. Will re start January 1st - fresh new outlook - new beginning - this year will be the year that is all about me!!!! I will put myself first, I will succeed!! BF and everyone else will take a backseat for a change. I did not eat as badly today as I did yesterday - just mostly weird - but not on plan. No exercise. Horrible wind, rain, lightening, thunder last night and the dog was terrified and of course came to her momma.....so I was up w/her in my face - literally - for 2 hours. So no sleep.

Tomorrow promises to be a much better day - off work by noon!! Bf and I will go out for a Late Lunch/Early Dinner - run a couple of errands and then in for the night!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Love this and thought I would share so others could enjoy it as well........

Just Push

A man was sleeping one night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light, and God appeared. The Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might.

So, this the man did, day after day. For many years he toiled from sunup to sundown, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all his might!

Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain. Since the man was showing discouragement, the Adversary (Satan) decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the weary mind. (He will do it every time!)

You have been pushing against that rock for a long time and it hasn't moved." Thus, he gave the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man.

Satan said, "Why kill yourself over this? Just put in your time, giving just the minimum effort; and that will be good enough."

That's what the weary man planned to do, but decided to make it a matter of prayer and to take his troubled thoughts to the Lord.

"Lord," he said, "I have labored long and hard in Your Service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"

The Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when I asked you to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all of your strength, which you have done.

"Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push. And now you come to Me with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed.

"But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back shiny and brown; your hands are callused from constant pressure, your legs have become massive and hard.

"Through opposition you have grown much, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. True, you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. That you have done. Now I, my friend, will move the rock."

At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just simple obedience and faith in Him.

By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains,
but know that it is still God Who moves the mountains.

When everything seems to go wrong....... ......... ......... .Just P.U.S.H.

When the job gets you down........ ......... ......... ...........Just P.U.S.H.

When people don't do as you think they should............. Just P.U.S.H.

When your money is "gone" and the bills are due...........Just P.U.S.H.

When people just don't understand you.........................Just P.U.S.H.

P = Pray
U = Until
S = Something
H = Happens

Pass this on to all your loved ones and friends who may need it;
they may get it just in time.

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet
when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

May God Bless You.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Wow - lots of people journaling!!

Weight is up 3lbs from the 5 that I lost and it doesn't surprise me. But I am on track today.

Currently reading the 17 day diet and although it is restrictive it may be what I need right now so I decided to commit for 17 days - today 1/1/11 is day 1!

B=coffee + 1/2 grapefruit
S=Greek yogurt
L=tuna
D=filet/cabbage+ 1tsp black eyed peas

Will post later............
Old 01-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Did not cook the filet because BF was sick - nausea and migraine.....again. Had a little Salmon w/my cabbage and black eyed peas

Still reading the 17 day diet book - looks like I am supposed to have juice from 1/2 lemon in 8 oz of hot water first thing in the am. So I will start that tomorrow.

Plan for tomorrow
Hot lemon water and coffee
Exercise - 45 minutes cardio and 5 min arms. PM will be 17 minute cardio buns
B= 1/2 grapefruit + egg
S=greek yogurt
L= Filet/asparagus
D=Filet/asparagus

That's the plan!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

So much for plans!! Woke up late, forgot about the lemon water...geesh...........

Exercise was Brazilian Dance DVD - it was good but I don't know if I would do it again - may send it to Good Will. Then I did some old T-Tapp floor leg exercises that I remembered.

Since I got up so late I had Greek Yogurt at 11:00; I'll have L/D probably around 4:30 and it will be Filet w/either spinach or green beans. Snack if needed will be either tuna w/Braggs vinegarette or boiled egg.

I will also try to do some exercise tonight after dinner.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Had Filet w/green beans.

Cooked Chicken breast halves - they smell heavenly...baked them w/tons of garlic and green onion, low sodium chicken broth and dotted them w/butter - dinner for tommorrow!

Tommorrow's plan:

At least 17 minutes of exercise in the am and then in the pm.

B=eggs
L=filet/lettuce
D=chicken/asparagus
Coffee x2

Back to the grind....and the other underwriter has taken a vacation day....so it is just me. No sneaking out early!

I plan on taking a sick day on Wednesday when I have my xrays and blood work.
Thursday one of the MI companies is supposed to be taking us to lunch - if I go I will get fish and a veggie, but I really don't want to go - especially since I will be off on Wednesday.

Right now I just want to focus on eating better and exercising, feeling better and losing weight.

I need to call the doctor's office and tell them what Thyroid test I want to have and I want my Vitamin D level checked along w/my Estrogen level.

I have paid all my bills for the month except my auto insurance which I will pay on Wednesday when I am home. It feels so good not to be paying two house notes!

Trying to decide what I want to do for my Birthday this year - January 27th - maybe a girls weekend in the quarter?! Will have to check on room rates!! That would be fun and BF could stay home with the dog so I wouldn't have to board her! Friday I could take off work and check into the hotel and walk around the quarter w/BF then invite a couple of friends to go out that night and then check out on Saturday - that would be fun! We'll see..........
Old 01-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Things have not been good - trying to stay on plan but work stress and requirements and BF being very sick right now are taking all my time and my stress levels are thru the roof. I don't understand why I cannot get some peace in my life - that's all I want.

Anyway, I am off tomorrow - going to the doctor for xrays of neck, wrists and lab work for liver, thyroid, vitamin D etc. Have a feeling I will be seeing another doctor - this one told me yesterday when I requested a Complete thyroid was that she would do the TSH, Free T3 and T4 but not the antibodies because that is not her expertise and she would be responsible for interpreting the tests and she does not want to be liable - WTH??? I have already arranged to take off work so I will go do it, get the results and then most likely get my own labs done and go to a different doctor. I also plan on taking the day to rest, exercise, and eat right. Will weigh on Friday.

Tomorrow is egg and meat day for me and coffee.