Hi Debbi! Welcome back
sheryl0423 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Hey Sheryl are you doing HCG? I am too scared.........

Still doing okay - down 2lbs today

Exercised - short session & walked a mile total at work...baby steps!!
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheryl0423
WOE: WW Points+ lost 24.8
Start Date: 1/20/11
Well, I am using Hcg but not really following the 500 calorie diet. I just started at the end of Sept but am pleased with my results so far.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Looks like it has really boosted your loss - hope you have great success with it!

No exercise today - overslept. Diet is okay hopefully when I weigh in Sunday morning I will show a nice loss!! I plan on exercising over the weekend both days.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Down another pound. Only got about 15 min of exercise in this morning but did walk a mile at work........tomorrow I will do better!!
Old 10-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Down 5 lbs for the week!!

Exercise was good 40 minute Leslie walk w/toning then pilates floor legs. Will try to do kickboxing and yoga tomorrow.

Won't weigh tomorrow because I ate really salty ham/turkey today and I have had a lot of water but I figure it will take at least a full 24hrs to get rid of the sodium.

I am going to do bills tomorrow and clean up a little bit and get my clothes ready for work....I got the book "Wow where did all the fat go?" today - written by the doctor from the biggest loser and I wanted to start it today but I am so sleepy I wil most likely fall asleep!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheryl0423
WOE: WW Points+ lost 24.8
Start Date: 1/20/11
Great loss!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Sheryl!!

I still feel like I am not releasing the sodium so I drank tons today

Exercise was great - Boot camp dvd and the leg exercises. After dinner me-BF and dog took a really brief walk. Now that it is cooler I would really like us to get in the habit of a quick 15 minute walk in the evening after dinner - it would do us all good.

Breakfast was yogurt /lunch consisted of nuts/dinner was beef fajitas no wrap - the meat was chewy - I knew I should have purchased the filet. Also had coffee and some cream cheese (not together!).

Wishing the weekend lasted longer. Got a lot done today but not all that I had planned.
Going to get ready to relax and plan my week. Hoping work is not horrendous.....!

My brother is coming in town for the Saints game and to celebrate his birthday - we will go to Antoines in the quarter this weekend - would love to lose another 5 by then - that is my goal but I will take whatever I can get!! I have a pretty lightweight sweater from Kohls that I bought last weekend in Baton Rouge and I can wear some black dress pants and I'll be good to go! Can't wait to go walk around the quarter after dinner and go to Cats on Bourbon!!! Fun stuff!!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Stayed on plan today only no exercise just walking to and from work. I did go in a little later and left a little earlier & it felt good! I do plan on exercising tomorrow not sure what yet will wait to see how I feel. Will weigh in Saturday morning!!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

No sleep last night - actually 2 hrs. The back of my head and neck hurt so bad then my right lower back and hip started hurting so I got the heating pad which helped eventually and allowed me to sleep 2 hrs. Got up and put the heating pad back on til it was time to go to work.

So-no exercise and I parked in the garage connected to the building because I just could not walk. I am still in a lot of pain. I plan on taking an advil in a little while and going to bed I can hardly keep my eyes open!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Still here, still having pain and having to take an advil at night so no exercise. Haven't weighed either since that 1 advil makes me sleep and I wake too late to do anything except dress and go to work. TGIF!! Brother is in town and we will be going out to dinner tomorrow night so I will eat light during the day and have filet and salad and plan to have a wine or two tomorrow night! Will weigh again on Monday and will really try to exercise this weekend.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

What a disaster dinner was - it took 5 hrs to eat -all the food was cold or cool and by the time I got my filet I was starving and it was RAW - sent it back and all they did was sear the edges - still raw! I was starving -ended w\up eating french bread and wine -2 glasses and by the time I got home I was so hungry I ate stuff I shouldn't and at 1am!! But - happily back on the wagon. Burgers for dinner!!

Exercise was pretty good this weekend - Saturday I walked and did a stretch DVD. Today I did Kettlenetics basic 20 minute w/o but used a weight - kettlebell is in Houston or packed some where.....

Good seeing my brother, sister in law has some serious issues though.......

Back to work tomorrow....it will be a beast of a day ending with a 2 hr meeting w/our boss who is back in town........great way to start off the week.

I will be on plan all week and will weigh again Friday morning!!
Old 11-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

It has been a while - lots of drama.........good and bad. Condo finally sold but I had to take a huge huge loss on it. I did not see any other way since I was coming out of pocket every month 1000 dollars - I had to stop the bleeding. While I am glad it's gone I feel like I am homeless again, like I did after Katrina. I sat down and added up how many times I have moved since Katrina and it has been 10 times plus all the multiple moves of "stuff" back and forth. So I have mixed emotions. I still feel like I am living a "temporary" existence. There have been days when I just feel like I cannot go on any longer.

Then two days before we were to fly to Houston to make the final move BF got his hands on his old friend Stadol - the new neurologist prescribed it for him for migraines. This is his drug of choice, the one he was addicted to for 30 years, the one he went into treatment for 3 years ago and had not had any until now. To say I was hysterical is clearly an understatement. When I found out I felt like someone had stabbed me in my heart - literally.....I knew when I looked at him he was loaded on it. I screamed and yelled until he told me where it was and then I threw it out. Called the doctor the next day and let them have it. They called the pharmacy to cancel the prescription. His chart was clearly labled opiate dependent DO NOT GIVE STADOL. They did not see it until after they prescribed it - then they called him and told him not to take it.......right....tell an addict not to take their drug of choice. I did not know if I would make it through that week. He has completely destroyed the trust that I was finally feeling towards him, that took 3 years to build - shot - destroyed. I do not know if I can live this way again. Suspicion, sneaking, lying - I am too old and too tired to go through this again. I don't know what I am going to do yet.

So I have been grossly off track on my diet and exercise. Both my wrists are killing me from all the moving. BUT, right now the only thing that I can control is what I put in my mouth and I have to get back on track and in shape because it looks like once again I am the only one I can depend on. I will begin posting again. I am not 100% back on track but I am easing into it. I have some serious stomach issues again as a result of all this stress. I feel so out of shape, a one mile walk is difficult, I am soooo tired and having so much joint pain. But I have to do this.

I started back exercising yesterday - about 35 cardio and 10 minutes of upper body weights. Today I walked 2.5 miles and did upper body - no weights (Gilad isometric type strength training) - I love Gilad's workouts. I am striving for 5 days of exercise a week and am easing into low carb. I feel I really need to eat my yogurt for now and stick to plain simple foods and some soups until my stomach feels better. I need to eat as cleanly and simply as possible. And very lightly at night.

This has been such a tuff year, I am hoping I can see a better end to 2010 by improving my health, emotionally, mentally and physically.

I will not be planning ahead right now because my life is still in such turmoil I can only take this one day at a time. I do not know what tomorrow will bring, but I will do the best I can with today.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Found this in a motivational video and it really hits home and means a lot to me right now.

"I WILL NOT FINISH WHERE I STARTED".....Kind of sums it all up and opens my eyes....wide.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Rain, Rain go away.....

Bad rain this morning so I left early/no exercise.

B=yogurt + coffee
S=1/2 choco mint protein bar + nuts in sea salt
L=baked chicken breast 1/2 + 1 oz of yogurt cheese
S=1/2 choco mint protein bar
D=coffee + 2 tsp pb + 1 oz cr cheese

Very high in calories for such a small amount of food - around 1100 cals for the day.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Did a little Tai Chi this morning

Food was better -
yogurt, coffee, 2 oz yogurt cheese, protein bar, coffee 6 low sod crackers w/low sod butter.

BF has a bad migraine again - he had 4 last week. I feel bad for him, I wish I could help - this one is really bad - vomitting etc. He can't even hold the pills down at this point. Since he took the phenergan suppository he has thrown up twice.

I am really tired tonight and depressed due to BF having so many migraines. I am worried that it is something in this apartment since he is home pretty much all day long. He needs to go to his regular doctor and look into allergy/sinus meds he can take regulary. Once he gets past this he may need to be on the steroid dose pack.

It's hard to take care of myself when he is so needy and work is so stressfull. Found out today they are changing management all around again. I hope I just am able to keep my job.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

No exercise today - no sleep last night due to BF being sick w/a Migraine.
Food was so so - a little too many carbs but still fairly low in calories. Tomorrow will be better. Will also try to exercise tomorrow. I am worried about the headache in the back of my head every night as soon as I lay my head on my pillow - I am thinking it is neck related - after January 1st I will go to the doctor and get all this stuff taken care of......
Thursday I will try to have a yogurt in the am and quiche for lunch - will probably eat quiche late so most likely no dinner or just some soup. Really hope I can get at least 30 minutes of exercise in tomorrow and friday then do my 60 minutes saturday and sunday. BF's birthday is 11/28 and we will go out that Saturday to dinner so I would really like to lose at least 6lbs by then. 12/4 is my office Christmas party and my goal is 11 lbs by then. Then my brother comes in for Christmas and hopefully by then I will have lost another 8 lbs - I would be so thrilled. I have such beautiful clothes that do not fit I have to get back into them. If anyone reading this can tell me how I can get my before and after pictures posted in my journal or on the before and after thread I would certainly appreciate it. The pictures have already been taken of course but I don't know how to get them posted since they are actual "pictures"

Tomorrow............

Last edited by Debbi; 11-17-2010 at 05:43 PM..
Old 11-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

No sleep last night either - the people downstairs started w/loud music at 10 and then@midnight we were awakened because they were having very loud sex...can you imagine - you are in a 6-plex apartment bldg that is pretty quiet, all the units open into the same inside hallway, you would think you would keep it quiet!

Anyway no sleep and I have felt so nauseated all day that I only ate dry crackers and tonight I had grits. Still nauseated and very tired. So glad it is Friday tomorrow. In fact i think I will get ready for bed now.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Finally got enough courage to get on the scale - not a good reading. Weight is up 1.8lbs from last week. Hopefully I can get that back down today. Yesterday I did Not so tough aerobic mix - Firm - it felt good but I am sore today. And I feel like I am getting sick ..... again. Throat is sore, sinuses, stuffy nose etc...here we go again. So, no exercise - will do housework and rest and eat well. Had yogurt this morning and coffee. Lunch is going to be turkey bacon, swiss, avocado on low carb toast and Dinner will be soup or salmon not sure which. I will also have some EmergenC in a little while and try to get well quick.

We cannot drink or use the water in New Orleans due to a power outage Friday evening. Today is Day 2 of boiling water before using any - it is disgusting - it is affecting 300,000 people and there is a Saints game at 3pm. They are supposed to make an announcement by 3 if it is safe or not. I sure hope this week is slow at work - the other u/w is out Tuesday and Wednesday so I will be by myself at the end of the month. We are off Thursday and Friday and I am taking a vacation day on Monday - I am really looking forward to being off for 5 days and not having to move anything!!! I can hopefully concentrate on ME!!! BF's birthday is the 28th so we will celebrate Saturday by going out for a steak dinner with friends. I am hoping I can use this week as a jump start to lose weight before Christmas since I have time to rest and exercise.
Fingers are crossed!!

I will try to run some errands later - around 3 when everyone is watching the Saints game!

Last edited by Debbi; 11-21-2010 at 09:13 AM..
Old 11-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

Sick, Sick, Sick,,,,again.........so are several people at work - it's the allergy, upper respiratory thing. At one point today my stomach was seriously upset! Crackers and soup and coffee -1 yogurt w/lemon & honey - that's it today. Took my vits, flonase, zyrtec, 2 coffees this morning - feel really bad, tired, weak, and I am the only one at work because the other u/w is on vacation - it will be a tuff 2 more days. I pray this does not get any worse............
Old 11-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Still sick, woke in the middle of the night drenched in sweat - but I don't have fever!? Made to work - one more day then 5 days off - for that I will be so Thankfull!!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

I made it to work on Wednesday and then went right to the Urgent care after work - sick as a dog. The doctor there told me she thought I had the flu and did the Rapid flu test but it was negative...thank goodness! Still I felt horrible. Been on Mucinex, Zyrtec, she wanted to give me a celestone shot but they really don't do anything for me so I declined. So here we are the Sunday after Thanksgiving and I am still sick - the nights are the worse. And the doctor said I had borderline high blood pressure. I have never had high blood pressure, but I am sure it is from the weight gain. A friend said it may be the zyrtec. I took my pressure on Saturday at the drug store and it was okay. I have a doctor's appointment for 12/9 so we'll see. My eating has not been good - just all over the place, some days have been better than others. I am not sleeping well -my sinuses drain horribly all night long, my nose bleeds and I am up all night coughing and blowing my nose. Anyway, I have I more day off - tomorrow and I am eating clean all week in preparation for the office Christmas party - if we go at all. BF turned 60 today and I took him out to eat w/friends last night - I had 1 glass of merlot, a 6oz filet, garlic toast points, 2T of broccoli and cheese. Now today he has a migraine....great.

I did manage to exercise Friday, Saturday and today-Sunday - not at the intensity I am used to but still got in 45 min each day which I am pleased about.
Friday - I did an old Joan Lunden favorite - cardio and floor legs. Saturday was Scott Cole's Tai Chi which I really liked. Today was Gilad 45/45 Split - the two warm ups-14 minutes, 20 minutes of the cardio section (I did it all lower impact)-floor legs and upper body segment-it felt good and I was sweating.

Today my food has been atrocious. Started out well w/Fage yogurt and omega smart balance (2tsp) peanut butter and coffee. Then I ate cream cheese brownies.... Don't know what I will have for dinner, I may have some soup, definitely a light coffee.

Tomorrow NO MORe SUGAR!! I feel like I need a very regimented approach right now and one that is easy to take to work so I am going to loosely follow the horrid 3 day diet for the entire week.
Monday - 1/2 Grapefruit + 1 sl low carb toast w/1TOmega PB. L=1sl low carb toast + tuna. D= 1 burger & asparagus + yogurt.
Tuesday - 1 sl low carb toast w/1 egg. L=1 sl low carb toast + tuna. D=burger + asparagus+ yogurt.
Wednesday - 1 sl low carb toast w/1 oz cheddar. L=1 sl low carb toast + 1 hb egg. D=salmon + asparagus + yogurt

Thursday=1 sl low carb toast + 2 sl low sod turkey bacon. L=1 sl low carb toast + 1 hb egg. D=soup + Yogurt

Friday - B= 1sl. low carb toast + egg. L= yogurt or soup D= soup

Will do my best to come as close as possible to the plan and will try to exercise every other day. Ideally I would like to do TA upper body, dance, lower body every other day alternating w/ Tai Chi- but I think that is too ambitious for right now. We'll see........

Last edited by Debbi; 11-28-2010 at 04:10 PM..
Old 11-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

I could not sleep at all last night - my stomach was so upset, I just knew I was going to be sick. I think it is the gastroparesis again so I am taking it easy - small meals.

Today I did only yoga (standing) for around 15 minutes. Had coffee and yogurt - 3/4 of a cup of 2% fage + 2 tsp Omega Pb.
Then I screwed up again and ate off plan - 1/2 brownie, york peppermint pattie (which the peppermint really did help me to feel better) - this was essentially my lunch.
Cup of coffee then 1 sl low carb bread, 3/4 sl cheddar cheese, 2 tsp unsalted butter - 1/2 grilled cheese sandwich and a handfull or two of unsalted potatoe chips. All the crap is all gone now and tomorrow is a new start.

Not looking forward to going back to work especially since it will be storming so I will have to leave extra early. We are under a tornado watch all night through the early morning hours. So I will not be exercising in the morning. Will see how I feel, but I may try a short walk when I come home.

I was able to get my allergy pills refilled so I won't take the Zrytec tonight and I will see how I feel without it. Still taking the Mucinex, but wondering if I should stop that now - Wednesday will be 1 week. BF had a migraine today so I ran errands alone which was wonderful !!

I am going to concentrate on staying calm and well this week and take care of myself by getting adequate rest, not letting BF bother me and eating better. These are my goals for this week. I will go into my office in the morning and shut my door so I don't hear all the comotion outside and stay in my own little world. BF goes to the doctor on 12/3 which is Thursday and I will have to get a letter ready for him to bring so they know what is going on with him. Won't know until Friday if I am going to the Christmas Party for the office on Saturday....I want to and then I don't want to.....we'll see!
I will report better eating tomorrow!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

No exercise - tornado watch til 11am so I left really early to get a spot in the garage attached to the building. Eating was slightly better with promises of being near perfect tomorrow!! Felt better last night and today. Work was horrible of course - tons of conditions to clear and tempermental co-workers (including myself here). I hate this job but have to believe I am here for a reason!

Early bed time tonight - it is freezing outside. Yesterday it was 80 and tonight it is 37 - crazy!!

Things to do for tomorrow to make my life happier: Take time for me by exercising and eating right. Do my work in my order and in my time frame. Ignore all negative voices. Let things go........do not dwell on them, that serves no purpose but to frustrate myself.

tomorrow..........
Old 12-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

So sick last night - as soon as I laid down to sleep horrible stomach cramping and nausea - just don't know what it is except this is how I felt in the 80s when I had a lot of stress and I was finally diagnosed w/IBS, Ulcers and gastroparesis. I can remember every night staying in the bathroom waiting to be sick and all the doctor visits and scopes etc...I hope this is not it again - I have to try to turn this around.
Only about 10 min of walking this morning - too tired and ill. Food was not low carb and it was very bland since I am trying to see if it is something I have been eating so I probably won't be on plan until Saturday. My right hand and wrist are so painfull I can hardly type and write so I probably will not post until Saturday either - trying to rest the wrist.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

I was not nauseated or crampy at all last night so that was good. But my sinuses are filling up again. I stopped the mucinex but I guess I need to take it again tomorrow. My right hand is still very painfull but not as bad as yesterday. Still no exercise and still not eating right but better than yesterday. Hoping I can get to feeling even better by tomorrow and get back on track.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Still ill but I did exercise this morning...yeah!! Debbie Rocker's Ab walk,then a 12 minute mile dvd, then 20 minute yoga on the ball dvd - not great but okay.
B=1sl low carb toast, 1T Omega Pb, coffee, 1/2 grapefruit (I love grapefruit)
L/D=1/2 burger w/colby cheese/1 sl bread/broccoli, bacon, cheese thing
S=cream cheese/coffee
then I ate a piece of chocolate But all in all it was a better day than I have been having.

So, I think I have decided that tommorrow I begin the Sleek in a week/trainer in a box exercise program and I am going way back to the way I used to eat - not totally low carb but lower carb. Pre workout will be a couple swallows of a protein shake and coffee- Breakfast will be (after exercise, 1/2 grapefruit). Then a couple of hours later a hard boiled egg. Lunch will be 1 sl low carb toast or 1 melba and low sodium tuna.w/mayo and sometimes avocado. Dinner will be a protein and low residue veggie and coffee. This has always worked for me and I do have mayo and butter and salad dressing etc... so I get adequate fats.

Today I also started a new vitamin D3 - it is 5,000 mg per day and 200 mg of reservatrol and for the first time in a while I have not wanted to fall asleep in the evening.

Vitamins today were 1-200mg CoQ10, 200 mg B5(Fawn said this was good for energy), 1-5000 mg D3 w/200mg of reservatrol. Energy level was really good all day and I got up at 7:15am and exercised for 52 minutes and went shopping at Walgreens, WalMart and Kmart and I am still wide awake and it is 8:45pm.

So, Sleek in a week, eat what I ate before, vitamin regimen - sounds like a plan for the next week and then I will re-evaluate.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Coughed all night long but oddly enough still slept pretty good. I was really tired.

Up at 7:30 am and did my 1st day of sleek in a week, burning 300 calories. Food so far is coffee and 1/2 grapefruit. I have some yogurt so I am going to have that w/a little protein powder and omega peanut butter. Then it is off to the grocery, maybe target?
Supplements have been taken only instead of the 500 mg of B5 I took a 2500mg sublinquinal b-12 - experimenting to see which one gives me the most energy the quickest - so far I think it is the B5...we'll see.

Gonna have to do a lot of "self-talk" to get through the next few days sugar free.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

okay, I suck....but I will do better every day. I screwed up when I did not each lunch and went shopping. Ended up w/chocolate covered nuts and cookies (only 4 small ones) instead of a proper lunch. Dinner was good though - 1/2 burger w/butter and low carb bread and low sodium green beans. I just hate that I did not follow through.

Tomorrow I most likely will not have time to eat my 1/2 grapefruit so I will have it at work along w/my eggs, coffee and swallow of shake at home. Lunch will most likely be soup or vienna sausages or tuna. Snack w/ be 1/2 protein bar. Dinner will be the other 1/2 of my burger w/butter and 1 slice low carb bread. Exercise will be day 2 of sleek in a week if I can get up early enough. It is going to be freezing tomorrow morning so I need to leave early to get a spot in the attached garage - i wish I could trust that BF could bring me to work and pick me up, but I can't. Oddly enough I am getting really tired again tonight - must be the exercise!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Coughed all night again and off & on during the day. Day of course did not go as planned - I let things get in the way again. I did manage to exercise though! But my food was carby and terrible. Calories shouldn't be too bad but the food was. Next time I just won't eat. Will try again tomorrow until I get this right. I have to get a few good days under my belt.

It is absolutely freezing here - way too cold for me. I am tired again and having trouble with heartburn - most likely due to diet. Hopefully I will have more positive results to report tomorrow!!