Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Well I ended up the week gaining the 2lbs I had lost so back to square 1. I am not giving up.

Saturday I put the hormone patch back on and so far so good - maybe I won't have the skin reaction this time.

Positives for this weekend was the terrific exercise I got in. Saturday I did an old Kathy Smith video - Tone up and Sunday I did a Leslie tape - 5 mile walk - it was tough due to the length and the jogging but I made it through.

I am not dwelling on the negatives this week or my past failures I am focusing on my mini goal. August 13th is my friends birthday and my old boss from Houston will be in town - I want to try to lose 10lbs by then so I am giving this my all!!

How will I approach the next 12 days? Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute if need be......moderate carb/low calorie daily exercise - at least 6 days per week. I will stay calm at work and home, I will take a lunch away from my desk every day. I will eat my smallest meal at night. I will prepare for each day the night before. I will do this!!

Last edited by Debbi; 08-01-2010 at 06:44 PM..
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

unbelievable - up another 1.2 after a 5 mile walk and yoga yesterday - and it was a horrible work day. We are in triple digit temps - the a/c does not cut off and it is 74 degrees inside.........so much for being positive.

Today - no exercise-disgusted!
B=1 sl low carb no sugar/no salt toast w/1T organic pb
L=1 slice low sodium ham + 1 sl 2% fat cheddar and 1 thin sl swiss
S=few mac nuts
D=coffee + ????

I have so much work and it just is not stopping - we have asked if we can get overtime and they are making that decision. I am not working over or thru lunch any longer without getting paid for it.

Then I come home and something is wrong w/BF - he looks puffy in the face and he says he is tired. he did have a migraine last night and he has already taken his night time meds so maybe it's that - it just never stops.........I am so aggravated and frustrated today that I just want out from under everything. The stress is getting to me once again. I have to stop and re-focus. Hopefully I can do that and wake up tomorrow with a better outlook.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

I made a concentrated effort not to get upset today and to take it easy and it worked. Till I got home - BF has another headache. I am starting to wonder if he needs to go to the neurologist - he is taking a lot of strong pain meds. I believe he is having sinus problems that are causing the migraines.

On a more positive note...weight was down almost a pound today.
Diet was better - much! and I did a Kundalini yoga on the ball dvd - it was okay.

So, I will try again tomorrow to do even better. And I am turning in early tonight - I had trouble sleeping last night and woke up early so i am really tired.........

Oh and I had to take the hormone patch off Sunday - I was getting the darn rash within 24 hrs. I will wait til Saturday and try the other patch she sent me if I am still having problems.

Last edited by Debbi; 08-03-2010 at 04:38 PM..
Old 08-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is down .4
Exercise=Essentrics lower body and .5 mile walk - that's all I had time for
BF had a major migraine this morning - said he had it all through the night - he was throwing up as I was trying to get dressed - and we only have one bathroom - isn't that a nice way to start your day!!

Went to work and it just gets busier and worse and more emotionally draining every day.

Food: Was good today - B=coffee and eggs L=ham and cheese plain S=few nuts D=coffee + 1 tsp of cream cheese - not sure what yet.......

Doubt I will exercise tomorrow because I want to get to work for 7 am. I have so much work! And I am so tired physically and mentally. I am going to bed early tonight!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheryl0423
WOE: WW Points+ lost 24.8
Start Date: 1/20/11
Hey Debbi, just stopping by to say Hi....it's been really hot here in FL lately, I try to not go outside unless I am going swimming. Have a great night!
sheryl0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Sheryl - I can sympathize w/the heat - can't wait for October!

Maintained today....
Did not exercise since I wanted to get to work early. Had terrible night sweats last night. I am seriously considering having my thyroid re tested and hormone levels checked again but I am hoping to sell the darn condo first. Such a shame - it is a really large beautiful condo w/new ceramic tile downstairs new a/c and heat, new doors, new hot water heater, new built in microwave - I really miss it and especially the 2 car attached garage. But I am working here now and I have to get out from under these bills. I really pray it sells soon!

Anyway.....Food was good because I was so busy I didn't get to eat - Breakfast was my yogurt parfait w/berries. Late snack was a protein bar -dinner was a cheese medley(LOL) - cream cheese and swiss cheese and coffee. I was in meetings all evening from 1pm until 4:15 and just cannot get out from underneath all this work....we got 30 more files today to underwrite and it does not look like they are going to give us overtime. I am not volunteering. I will do my minimum 4 files per day and go home. Problem is we have files in horrible condition the originators do not know what they are doing and the underwriters have to try to make sense of it and give an initial approval -then it goes to processing. The exact opposite of anywhere else I have worked. Inbetween we have to underwrite appraisals, assign files, and clear conditions and help the processors plus take web based training classes, prepare and present decline files to second review twice a week and prepare jumbo loan presentations for the Board once a week. There just is not enough hours in the day - plus...I have to underwrite all second mortgages and help Consumer and process and underwrite all employee loans.......whew, I am tired just thinking about it. To compound the problem, I work w/an u/w who is extremely knowledgeable but talks too much and takes way too many smoke breaks @ about 20 minutes for each one 10 times per day.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it but keep chipping away at the work.

Doubt that I will exercise tomorrow but I will try to eat better. Tomorrow night we will probably go out to eat but it will have to be light fast food - I am not paying for two nights out a week. I prefer to eat out late afternoon on Saturday so ..we'll see. Right now I am just trying to get through tomorrow! My weight is so slow coming off and then it shoots right back up. I have been eating around 1000 cals per day and cannot lose - all the great exercise I have done seemed to backfire, but I really enjoy exercising most days so from here on out I will do what I want when I want and if it helps great!

Last edited by Debbi; 08-05-2010 at 06:40 PM..
Old 08-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Down 1.4 today - back to where I was last Friday
No exercise
Food: 1 sl lc toast w/2T whipped peanut butter + coffee
L=1 sl lc toast w/ 1 sl low sod ham and 1 sl swiss and 1 sl cheddar
S=6 mac nuts
D=meatballs w/mozz (out - probably only had one whole meatball but I did manage to eat most of the mozz.
S=Dark chocolate w/cream cheese
Ate way too much so not weighing tomorrow and tomorrow will be a serious "down" day calorie wise

I will definitely exercise tomorrow - not planning what -will see how I feel. Food is going to be minimal. Yogurt in the am-very small amount - L probably grilled fish and veggie D=cup of low carb soup and small coffee. And I am def going to try my hardest to exercise for 30 min in the evening - walking after dinner.

Lots to do - cleaning, bills, clothes for work and I want to go thru stuff again and see what else I can throw out or re-arrange.

Sunday I am going to Whole Foods to buy a Naked Chicken for during the week along w/celery and will boil some eggs for during the week as well. Hopefully I can lose 6lbs this week at least!!

Also need to work on my stuff for my grant this weekend.

They are showing the condo in Houston tomorrow morning - I pray they will make me an offer! I will take it no matter what!

Also want to go to the cemeteries this weekend weather permitting and maybe ride out to the outlet stores???? We'll see. It is still so HOTTT!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Something is really wrong with me - I exercised yesterday had yogurt, went shopping, went out to eat - had veggies, salad, grilled catfish 1 glass of pinot grigio - stopped at the mall and the grocery and by the time I got home I was having waves of horrible stomach cramps and heartburn. I took 3 tums and had the waves off and on most of the night - w/heartburn but nothing else. This morning I am still having the cramping and going to the bathroom - not horrible but not good. Bf ate some of my fish and he is fine - the fish was delicious so I don't know what it is but I just feel wiped out and scared to eat anything or go anywhere. So no exercise this morning and I am guessing I will sip hot tea and water and try a cracker w/some butter later. I did exercise yesterday morning and did callanetics stomach tape which I have not done in years - maybe that's it?? I just know I feel badddd. I did manage to drink some really weak coffee this morning because I woke up w/a headache and I think it was partly from not having my coffee last night. Headache is gone but I just feel so out of it - oh well, I will take it easy today and try to do some things around the house and rest.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Don't want to jinx it but I think I am feeling better - went to the drugstore and the grocery - short trips.

No exercise today and I feel guilty about that now.

Had weak coffee and 2 crackers w/butter and then a piece of cheese. Tried a tsp of yogurt but that didn't workout.

I did not take any vitamins today and I feel really tired like I want to lay down and go to sleep.

I am going to try a very small burger cooked in a little butter (ground sirloin) in about 30 minutes - and a cup of tea - nothing else. Too scared!

I am still having a stomach cramp or two every now and then but now I have that really bad pain I get over my gallbladder/liver area..........ugghhh.....falling apart.

Well, I will work with whatever I've got this week and try and do the best I can.

I did wash my hair do my toe nails and finger nails, plucked my brows, got gas in my car -now I will cook and wash and iron clothes for the week.

Sometimes you just need to stay home and take care of yourself!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

I am continuing to feel better..yay!! Tried to eat low residue today - did not exercise and did not weigh.

B=1 hard boiled egg + coffee
L=2 mini burgers w/butter and 2 sl low carb bread
D=super mini burger w/shredded cheddar + coffee + small pc dark chocolate

I was going to exercise but woke up too late - turned the alarm off and fell back to sleep had to rush around to get ready to leave. Work is still awful but I am really going to try to keep it in perspective. I did not do good as far as eating I waited too late again but hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Goal foods to eat tomorrow:
B=2 hb eggs
L=small tuna
D=soup
S=yogurt

Will also try to exercise tomorrow

BF has had another migraine - doctor says if he has one tomorrow he needs to start the steroids.

Oh well, guess I will iron my skirt for tomorrow.

Last edited by Debbi; 08-09-2010 at 05:12 PM..
Old 08-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Weight - same

Exercise: Cosmo 30 min fat burner = pretty good but old video

B=Bacon + coffee
L=7 mac nuts unsalted
D=1 egg + 1white plus shredded cheddar and whipped cream cheese
S=1T Omega Peanut Butter plus coffee

That's it - entirely too busy and too overwhelmed to eat anything today. Almost went a whole day without even goint to the Ladies' room! And still do not feel like I got much accomplished.

At least I exercised - thankfull for that!

Will try to repeat it again tomorrow

BF is still having headaches and not feeling well I think he needs the steroids.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Weight - down .4 not what i was expecting - should have been more than that -
Today no exercise overslept again and weather was really bad so I left early for work.

B=plain greek yogurt
L=2sl lc toast +1sl ham and 1 sl swiss
S=7 mac nuts
D=weak coffee + 1 oz cheese + 1 egg + 1 T Omega pb

Work was so horrible today it brought me to tears. There is also a Tropical storm that is heading this way with terrible winds and rains tomorrow. I hate that I have to drive downtown to work. I may have a job interview on Saturday morning - I am keeping my fingers crossed. Friday we are supposedly going to the quarter for a friends b'day but I haven't heard from her and it will be bad weather still and I haven't lost the weight I wanted to so I really don't want to go - especially since I may have a job interview on Saturday morning. Lots to think about......
Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Down .8 today
Horrible storms today - the dog was scared to death with the thunder and lightning. She woke me at 4:30 so around 10 to 5 I got up to listen to the weather. I dressed and when there was break I left for work. Got to work for 6:10 am - the doors were still locked to the main hall but I found a way in! Looks like rain again tomorrow - I am not going to the quarter tomorrow night w/the rain and heat it would be a disaster. I dread having to tell my friend but then I do remember she could not come to my birthday dinner and she never calls any more and just doesn't seem interested in anything other than her own problems and triumphs - so it is a no go for tomorrow. The way my tummy has been lately I really do not need to upset it by drinking alcohol.

So, today was okay....
B=2% Fage + coffee
S=peanuts - no salt
L=2 sl lc toast w/1 sl swiss and 1 sl ham
D=boiled egg w/mayo + coffee (weak)
Not sure what else........

Tomorrow I really want to try to exercise - there are some new exercise dvds on fit TV - Billy Blanks son has some that I want to do so I may try a couple of those tomorrow - we'll see.

I will most likely have a yogurt for breakfast and a ham and swiss again for lunch - dinner will probably be soup or yogurt or a small burger...we'll see
Old 08-13-2010, 06:40 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvsmokymtns
Stats: Highest 257/180/1st Goal 165/145
WOE: Atkins Low Carb
Start Date: Many Moons Ago
Debbi, Thanks for stopping by my journal.. It looks like you are definitely releasing weight, even if it is in small increments - you are losing!! Congrats, keep up the exercise... I must get started back to exercising!!

Have a blessed day !!
luvsmokymtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for visiting Cheryl - I am losing slowly but at least it is coming down so I am not complaining!

This week at work has been like WWIII - won't go into it because I don't want to re-live it but it was worse than horrible for many reasons....but it is over....hopefully next week won't be like a war zone!

Today - no exercise - rain again, storms, needed to get to work early.
Weight: Down.4
Food:
Yogurt
Peanut butter and crackers
coffee
1/2 Ham and swiss
1/2 protein bar
1/2 veal chop + coffee

Could have been better.........

Tomorrow I WILL EXERCISE!!!!! Also want to go to Target in the evening if possible. And I need to make a point to go to the cemetaries this weekend no matter what.
Ate dinner out tonight w/a couple of old friends and BF. Did not go to the quarter.
Talked to my brother, he is doing well. Brought home some print outs to read from work -the other underwriter is working this weekend to get some files done. I need time away from there - I do not plan on going in this weekend. I need to call and see about getting my hair colored and cut though! It is frizzy and all the gray roots are showing.

Sure wish that condo would sell!! I am really starting to feel the money pinch. I am now offering a bonus to the selling agent along w/the reduced price.

Well, I cannot worry about it. Have to keep going.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Wow it has been longer than I thought since I last wrote. Still having stomach issues so I have not been low carbing as I should. I thought they were over and then last night it started again. Oh well, I will keep trying.

This weekend I did get some really good exercise in - and I am going to commit for now to exercising every other day due to the extreme job stress I am experiencing right now and the triple digit heat! Today was an oldie - Kathy Smith's Weight loss workout - 60 min and sweat was pouring off of me - it was great. Food wise I started out good but ended off plan. I will keep plugging along til I get it right and the weight starts coming off. Weight is the same and I am onl weighing in once per week - every Friday am. I am a little scared to eat eggs - but I don't think mine are inthe recall - Ca-Maine-Sunnyup I think is the name and I am not in one of the named states although Texas is (I am in LA).

Today is over so I am not even listing my food - tomorrow is another day and I will start fresh. For now I am going to wash my hair and relax..........and plan for the week ahead.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Unfortunately things have not been good. Work has been horrendous - no letting up - stress is sky high. Then there is bronchitis going around the office - I have finally caught something and am pretty sick. Sore throat, sinus, cough, nausea, achey etc...went to the urgent care and got a shot and Rx for Z pack and flonase take Zrytec and rest.....only I can't -I have to go to work. Oh well, I have the weekend at least to take it easy which really bums me out because I planned on some good exercise.
Don't know what I weigh - if I had to guess I would say it was the same. Today all I have had so far is chicken soup, coffee, water. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better but until I am back to 100% I probably will not be back on the boards.......I just want sleep!!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Still really sick - now I am not sure if throat issue isn't yeast - tongue is coated except lots of people have this right know, in fact a friend just called & said she was on her way to the Urgent care clinic with the same thing I have----I did take the zpak & now have eaten some fage full fat yogurt and will most likely eat a lot of the yogurt in the next few days. Tonight will probably be eggs or yogurt - not sure. Still no exercise. I am trying to figure out what Threelac and Fivelac is and if I should look into that for possible candida.

Now I am really tired and will go lay down a while...........
Old 08-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Throat is better today thank goodness! Still tired and it is now in my sinuses and chest...so still not exercising. Went to work early and left early - glad I did the weather is horrendous. I had a yogurt this morning - full fat - snack was 1.5 T peanut butter and dinner is 2 eggs with butter and sprinkle of cheese and coffee this morning and tonight. I was down a couple of pounds today and tomorrow I wll try to exercise. Hopefully I can phase out the peanut butter and yogurt once the antibiotics are done and get back to mostly protein and fat. There is a chart that says I should eat 15 oz of protein...need to remember that!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:40 PM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Whatever I have - it is not getting better. Sore throat is gone but my sinuses, nose, head, chest, coughing - sneezing - blowing my nose constantly is all just horrible!!

Needless to say no exercise. I am still taking the Z pack and Zyrtec but I am not going to use the flonase again - I used it today and everything got much worse. I really cannot afford to miss work so I am hoping and praying tomorrow will be better.

Today - I had yogurt w/1T peanut butter and coffee for breakfast. Snack was 3 vienna sausages and 1 plain rice cake. Dinner was chicken soup w/parm, coffee, sf fudgsicle.

When I came home BF had the a/c on 75 - it was so hot in this upper apartment I was so angry with him. My office is hot too since they complained it was too cold - the building upped the temp so now that it is not raining it is hot hot hot...

I just want to be well.............................................. ...........
Old 09-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Still really sick, in fact had low grade fever today-but it's gone now. Stayed home, just could not go in to work. I am so miserable........

Weight is down about a pound and a half. Of course no exercise. Bf's car was broken into last night - sitting right on the street in a heavily traveled area with a security patrol! He thinks all they took were his CDs - I sure hope I did not have any information in there. The glove compartment and arm rest compartment were opened and everything was all over the seat - great - why did I want to move back here? Between the lack of decent medical care, decent jobs, high prices and high crime I found myself wanting to move back to Houston. I am going to get my DE this month - hell or high water and make a decision by October 1st. I do feel more at peace here and love having friends nearby who can help in emergencies but I miss my condo and the lower prices, better health care, better shopping, more choices, less bad weather that Houston has. I don't know.......for now I am concentrating on just getting over this and getting my DE. If the condo still has not sold then I will start looking for a job in Houston. I cannot continue to pay for two places to live - I have just about gone through all my savings. I can always vacation here and visit friends. Biggest downside is no support in Houston for emergencies etc - and that really is a big deal when you have a disaster strike or emergency situation. This time when I make my decision I will NOT consider BF - I will make this decision solely based on what is best for me. Another plus in moving and finding another job is better insurance - the plan we have now has a 2800.00 deductible so everytime I have to go to the doctor or get a prescription I have no coverage until I meet the 2800.00 - no co pay - zip!

Food today is pretty much the same as yesterday: Coffee, yogurt w/peanut butter;low sodium chicken soup w/parm + 3 crackers w/butter (all no salt). Dinner will most likely be soup again. I feel so much better after I have the soup.

I hope I can make it the next two days then I have the long weekend to recuperate.

Last edited by Debbi; 09-01-2010 at 01:18 PM..
Old 09-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Made it to work today and aside from a bad headache at the back of my head - I feel a little better this evening then I did this morning.

Did not weight today and woke up late.

Food:
B=yogurt plain + coffee
S=mini luna bar
L=chicken soup and plain no salt crackers
D=little grits w/butter and cheese and coffee

Took Nyquil last night and slept good despite fight w/BF......taking it again tonight then I will have a three day weekend to recover and hopefully get back to exercising.

Bf called the NOPD about his car being broken into @4pm - they said someone would be right over - it's 7pm now - 3 hrs - no sign of anyone. The Police still suck big time in N.O. I told him he will never hear from them. Good thing it isn't an emergency!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Felt much better today.finally. Weight was down a half a pound!
No exercise but plan on it tomorrow - something light.
Food wasn't good though:
B=yogurt+coffee
S=rice cakes
L=Pb/Crackers
D=grilled cheese/diet drink + coffee
S=3 mini chocolates

Will make Friday mornings my weigh in day - so no weighing until next Friday. No more food days like today either. Tomorrow back on plan - I just could not eat soup again but couldn't eat real food either - Now however I am thinking about a burger - so that is the plan for tomorrow. Also the last few days I have experience true hunger and it was great to feel that again. I want to get off the clock and eat only when hungry - at least I will try. It was great to wake up and an hour later be hungry - really hungry. I want to see what my internal clock says my hungry times are. I will continue eating lower calorie because truth told at this point in my life w/my illnesses etc I have to eat low calorie. But I will definitely be eating less carbs. I am really close to my siggie weight now - I want to get there so badly and then back down again into the 140's. I would be happy at 143. We'll see for now I am thinking small losses - no gains. The full fat yogurt in the am has really kept me full but not overly full so I will likely keep that up during the work week at least. Lunch continues to be a problem for me - I wait too long, I don't want to prepare anything at work......I just need to really force myself to leave my desk and sit in the lunch room and eat. At lunch I just want something snacky and easy - have to work on this. Dinner I always want to have my coffee and relax before eating or doing anything. Then I really just want a little something like a mini meal but I do look forward to a low carb desert and that seems to help keep me on plan knowing I have that to look forward to - whether it is a low carb ice cream or pudding or jello or yogurt - just something - so I will incorporate that daily as well. I may be on to something here - I just really do not need to eat as much as I used to and I want to feel hunger before I eat. I am really bad about veggies and I don't know why because I love veggies so I will try to make an effort to eat them going forward. Also more water. Since I have been sick w/sore throat and then a dry mouth and throat from the meds and sinus stuff I have had to drink more water and that has really helped keep me full - so I need to continue that as well.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Today is going pretty good. I exercised - Karen Voigt's Core & more - just cardio upper body and legs - I feel like I could have done more but didn't want to push it just yet.
B=coffee + 1/2 grapefruit
L/D (2pm)=the best cheeseburger from a neighborhood restaurant
D=nothing yet -definitely coffee - probably a little soup and maybe a low carb ice cream bar - not sure yet.

Today we went to Magazine street and walked through a few of the antique shops, ate lunch, picked up Bf's rx and came home. Now he has a headache and I am looking todo something - like go to target or walmart - something!

I am happy I am back exercising! Can't wait to work out tomorrow - I am trying to decide b/w Taebo and the Firm.

Will also need to clean the house tomorrow and work on my clothes. Food will most likely be 1/2 grapefruit/yogurt or protein shake/salmon and asparagus(organic bistro) + coffee. I also want to go to Whole Foods and buy a Naked Chicken but I may just cook something. I know I want to get some ground turkey and cook that up for during the week.

Healthwise I am still blowing my nose and coughing but it is better.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Screwed up my diet but not horrendously -stopped myself at least and instead of ruining the whole day I only ruined 1/2 the day. I cannot go to Walmart any more - I bought and ate about 6 malted milk balls. Here was my day:
Exercise: Taebo Fatblaster - 55min (sweat was dripping off of me - felt good)
B=2% Fage W/2 tsp peanut butter + coffee
Dreaded Malted Milk balls
cream cheese
D=Salmon and broccoli + cup of coffee

Tomorrow it is meat and eggs to makeup for today!!

Also I found an old Claudia Schiffer video "Legs" so I will do that tomorrow and I will do about 30 mins of dance/stretch after.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Maintained today and will consider myself lucky that I did!
Exercise: Claudia Schiffer's legs video + 20 min of dance =50 min
That leg video is a killer - it is right up there w/Firm Vol1, the original buns of Steele - just as tuff!

Food:
B=egg whites + spinach, artichoke, mushrooms, parm, cr cheese.
coffee
S=few nuts
L=nothing - woke up too late
D=ground turkey w/onion, parsley mix + spinach/artichoke
S=diet jello if needed + coffee (small)

Back to work tomorrow....
Old 09-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Not weighing til Friday but I can tell I am up - I can feel it in my stomach and last night I was really nauseated. I feel like my stomach isn't emptying again. Seems that as long as I stuck to soup, grits, eggs etc i was okay. So I will be cutting out a lot again tomorrow. I was doing well today until BF called to tell me he was throwing up with another bad migraine. I told him where to find his meds and he took them but it is not doing any good. I really wonder if we have mold or an issue in the apartment. Any way when i got home this evening he was still throwing up and still had the headache. I gave him the stronger Percocet and a toradol and a phenergan supp. Now he is sleeping. I sure hope this works. I know he doesn't want to be sick but it is just so depressing to battle this constantly - there is no sense of normalcy. It has been rare that a week goes by with no headache. I try not to let it bother me but I immediately tense up and feel extremely anxious and stressed. Probably because of all the times I have had to go to the hospital with him and I just cannot do that right now with the job I have - they would fire me in a minute.
Tomorrow I will try to exercise and I will eat the following:
B=coffee + yogurt
L=Tuna +1 sl lc toast
D=egg/cream cheese + weak coffee.
S=mini protein bar?? only if absolutely necessary
Today was weird
B=Yogurt 0% + protein powder + peanut butter + coffee
L=protein bar
S=1 laughing cow cheese + 1 melba toast
D=peanut butter + 1 sl lc toast + 1 sl cheddar + coffee
Probably around 1100 calories so I will gain again tomorrow. Great...Oh well I will try again tomorrow. I know I eat too little and get hungry and then want to eat everything but I absolutely cannot eat more than 800 to 1000 calories or I gain weight. At 1000 calories and 30 minutes of exercise I will lose .4lb every other day - pitiful.

On a better note - 2 good things happened today: 1. Received an email that an older couple who are downsizing looked at my condo and stayed around 40 minutes and really seemed to like it. Oh please say a prayer that they make an offer!! I really need to sell it very badly. And 2. I received an email from someone at another local bank who wants to meet w/me about a job underwriting there. A friend of mine knows them and recommended me. My friend thinks that this could work into an upper level management position almost right away and that I could possibly be hired at 10-15,000 more than I make right now. Boy would this be a great opportunity. It is scary going to another new place but they may be nice people. The group in charge where I currently work are really evil. They have a small in group - mostly young men and the boss -female-and they keep getting promoted and praised no matter what they do or don't do. This is the first company that I have worked for where in my first thirty days three female managers were fired and replaced w/males. It really is obvious that sexism is alive and well at this bank. But putting that all aside - everyone there is on edge - one little thing wrong and you risk being fired. My co worker asked our boss if it would be possible to earn overtime since we had so many files and we are exempt employees. Boss seemed to take it okay and said she would get back to her. Well, two weeks later she called her in with the head of HR and the Sr Exec VP and severely reprimanded her for even asking about it - claimed she was not doing the min required files per day and then had HR write her up. All she had to say was you are an exempt employee and they do not get overtime so NO! But this is the kind of person this woman is - pure evil. Anyway for now I keep my head down, do my work and try to stay out of the line of fire. They seem to like me okay for now. I just wish all areas of my life were going well at the same time. I am praying extra hard for that condo to sell that would be a huge burden lifted from my shoulders and I really need that right now.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, i am back and will try to make this work again. I have taken a break while work has been so hectic and I was interviewing for another job (salary too low) and I have had several major meltdowns about finances and the condo not selling. I think I have cleared my head and because I have eaten everything in sight I feel like poop! Weight is def up and I am retaining fluid big time. So tomorrow I am starting over with what I did at the very beginning. Swig of protein shake and coffee pre exercise in the am - then 1/2 grapefruit then 1 boiled egg or string cheese. or slice of protein toast Lunch is protein and a little lettuce or green veggie. Dinner is tinier portion of protein and asparagus or soup or egg and small coffee. That's it for 2 weeks along with exercise as much and as often as possible. Now that it is cooler I will park and walk at least 3 days per week and save money and get a little exercise. I am almost in the same mind set I was in 1998 - need to take care of me - before I hit 200lbs again - I will not go there. If after 2 weeks I do not lose weight I will go to a local doctor I know who specializes in thyroid disorders etc and get some tests done - will most likely follow Pam's advice and do my own blood work and bring it to them-they are old friends of my Mom. I have been trying to stay away from doctors since I have no insurance with that 2800 deductible.

Work is still horrendous - I have been putting in 10-12 hour days and will have to continue to do so for quite a while but I won't go in so early any more - I will just stay later so I can get my am exercise in.

Will report in tomorrow......not weighing till Sunday though - too scared..........

Last edited by Debbi; 10-01-2010 at 08:30 PM..
Old 10-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Lots of stuff going on but I am finally settleing in and getting my food under control. I am doing 2 strict weeks of induction. Today was day 1-
Exercise: 20 min walk + 15 min dance.
B=2 sl turkey bacon (thin) + 1 oz cheese
L=2 oz roast rolled up in 1 slice swiss
D= burger + small salad w/1T Cesear dressing
Misc = 2 coffees, 1 T sour cream, 1 T mayo, Bite of proteins bar (then I realized not on induction and I threw it away)

BF has had a migraine since last night.....hopefully it will go away. Back to work tomorrow ugghhh - the three day weekend has been so great, I finally feel rested.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Work wasn't too bad -food could have been better and no exercise because I had to park in the garage - headache all night and did not sleep.

Good news is I am down 1.4 lbs this morning and kept calories pretty low today. It was tuff to ignore all the World's Finest Chocolate being sold in the office!!

I will exercise tomorrow and go in later and walk from the garage to the office. I am tired tonight so hopefully I will sleep.

Will check in tomorrow!