Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Couldn't bring myself to do the walking tape - just too boring. Instead I did a circuit style workout - really old video - Lucky Vanous!! It is a terrifc workout - 5 minutes of cardio alternated w/5 minutes of weights - while continuing to move. I did the ab section on the ball since I have having trouble w/my back. Added floor legs to it and second segment of Yoga for Scoliosis - this really really helps my back!!

Had coffee and a yogurt and 1 T of sugar free, salt free peanut butter.
I am trying to find some place that is opened that I can get a good hamburger tonight...my favorite place is closed so it looks like either Ground Pati or Zea's or Copelands........also need to go to the grocery for eggs and ground turkey. I want to do a Gilad video tomorrow along with Yoga for scoliosis and maybe walk. I'll finish up the yogurt and probably have turkey burgers. Need to boil eggs and clean lettuce.

I am going to try to walk tonight for 2 miles depends on how quickly I get bills and everything else done.

Went on line at HSN - I want to order some Andrew Lessman vitamins - they are really good quality and there is free shipping until 7/11!!
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I got the bills done for both of us....went to Ground Pati and had the Ground Pati Jr. w/Cheddar, lettuce, onion and mayo. I did eat a few peanuts and 1 fry - Drank water. Came home and had a low carb ice cream bar and coffee. Later on I had a Tablespoon of the Tofutti (fake cream cheese). I am experimenting w/soy and the hot flashes. Did not get the two miles in. After doing the bills and talking to my brother I was too tired. I really need to get past this mental block about walking! Tomorrow no matter what I am going to do a 3 mile walk DVD and floor legs. As far as eating tomorrow - I am making cube steaks in the crockpot, boiling eggs, making turkey burgers.
Most likely I will try to sleep in tomorrow , walk the three miles after my black coffee, then have a quick T of peanut butter, shower etc. Go mail the bills, buy the ground turkey. Come home and have some tuna for lunch. Dinner will be either turkey burger or cube steak with asparagus. Maybe some yogurt for a snack? Maybe not...???

Then it is back to the grind on Tuesday. I need to remember that I am thankfull to have a job and that God has me here for a reason!!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheryl0423
WOE: WW Points+ lost 24.8
Start Date: 1/20/11
Hey Debbi! Have you found anything that really helps with hot flashes? I had a complete hysterectomy in Jan this year. My Dr told me to be ready for the hot flashes to start right away, I have been hot for the last couple years, not just in flashes all the time. I'm not sure if that's what is concidered the hot flash or if I am just always hot. She told me she would put me estrogen but I really don't want to be on anything because I always had trouble losing and usually gain when I was on hormones. My mom always stayed on hormones because she couldn't stand the hot flashes. She had breast cancer last year and blames the hormones. My Dr said the Estrogen wouldn't effect breast cancer, but I just don't want to be on it *sigh* My hubby just says I am a hottie and to deal with it (in a good way) but I just laugh at him.
Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

[CENTER]
sheryl0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Sheryl - other than the Climara Pro Patch that I was on - no -. However, they are diminishing now and so are the night sweats. One thing that is really helping w/my energy is 200mg of CoQ10 + 1 B5 250mg first thing in the morning - much better than the B12 sublingual I was taking. Mmmm now I am wondering if it is helping w/the hot flashes as well since I am having less of them! I loved the ClimaraPro patch and I actually lost weight - particularly in the belly area. But, then I started having an allergic reaction - the skin under the patch looked like severe burns - it really hurt and itched. Doc has sent another type of patch to see what happens but I am trying to stay off of it altogether - at least I have it and can try it again if I need to. Right now I am trying the tofutti and I am having a tablespoon three times per day and I am afraid to say it in case I jinx it but it may be helping! Let me know if you find a miracle cure!! I have recently read that Evening Primrose Oil is supposed to help and am thinking of trying some.

Weight is the same..boo...
Exercise: 4 fast mile walk and floor legs!! Finally did it and I was not bored to death!
B=Black coffee + 1/2 grapefruit + 2 T peanut butter +1T yogurt (weird combo)
L=small can tuna w/1tsp Braggs vinegarette dressing
D=cube steak pan fried and asparagus w/1tsp of Braggs dressing + coffee.

Took my bath, washed hair, polished nails - now I am off to search for a patio set as soon as BF gets up!!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

As usual things did not turn out as planned. instead of tuna for lunch I had 2 vienna sausages. Shopped for a patio set and could not find one. Someone dinged my car in the WalMart lot - came home and dog had blood and mucous in her stools. Had to rush her to the vet. She seemed okay he said but changed her diet, gave her a shot, took a stool sample, sent us home w/Flagyl and Amoxy for 7 days, said to boil chicken and rice for tonight for her. Left there 140.00 lighter - came home and ate 9 Malted Milk balls - wrong reaction - I know. Strictly feeling sorry for myself at the time, upset, angry, worried about the dog and now I am even more upset w/myself for having eaten those. Cooked the dogs dinner, cooked cube steaks in butter and onions w/Alfredo sauce (for BF). I had 1 cube steak - it was delicious, melted in my mouth and good flavor - breaded in parmesean + tiny amount of flour and pan fried in unsalted butter w/diced onions. Then had a cup of coffee. I guess the day could have been worse......

Now I am going to get my clothes ready for work tomorrow. Will really try hard to do Gilad or some kickboxing in the morning.

I am really proud of my 4 miles today - it has been a long time since I did that and my floor legs - 130 various lifts each leg!! Good work out

My eats for tomorrow will be peanut butter - 1T and black coffee in am. Lunch will be small can tuna w/braggs and dinner will be leftover cube steak and asparagus. Coffee in pm. As much as I love my coffee w/creamer in the morning I think I feel better having it black. At night it becomes more of a treat w/the creamer and sweet n low. I can do this....this week I will stick to plan no matter what!!

Week's plan:
Exercise - Tuesday = gilad or kickboxing + floor legs = 35-45 minutes
Wed = 2.5 mile walk + floor legs
Thurs = 10 min up bod boxing + Dance + Greatest abs segment + band legs
Friday=stretch/yoga/pilates

Food:
Tues - B=PB+Blk coffee/L=Tuna +Braggs/S=cocoa almonds/D=cube steak+asp+coffee
Wed=B=1HB egg +Blk coffee/L=Tuna+ Braggs/S=cocoa almonds/D=eggs in butter + coffee or Salmon and asparagus
Thurs= B= 1oz Cheddar +Blk coffee/L=Harboiled eggs/D=Salmon + asparagus or just the asparagus w/Braggs and parm.
Fri - out w/the Girls - Bourbon Street - Cats here we come!!! B=eggs + black coffee L=tuna D=? probably burger or grilled catfish - plan on 2 drinks either scotch and water or wine.....
Old 07-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is the same, back to being tired...overslept so no exercise....throat is sore - decided no cats - this weekend - too fat to enjoy myself and have to get up early to bring BF to the airport Saturday morning. I really was looking forward to it but now there are too many obstacles. Friends will be mad because if I don't go they won't go since I am kind of joining two groups together who don't really know each other.....oh well maybe I can put it off til the next weekend.

Today was not real good w/diet either but not horrible. B=pb/cr cheese + black coffee
L=protein bar (not low carb) D=bit of leftover cube steak, cr cheese 1/2 oz, coffee w/cream.

Got an offer on the condo in Houston - 10,000 down and owner finance for 7 yrs....Ummm...No - can't owner finance. I may counter w/a lease purchase where they purchase in 2 years. I will sleep on it.

Really disappointed in myself right now and I am trying to sort thru why I don't go to lunch at a reasonable time and why I don't feel comfortable eating in the lunch room or in the mall........I did not have this problem at my old job! I was perfectly comfortable fixing my lunch etc and eating there or at my desk. Maybe if I eat it at my desk? No, no one really does that on a regular basis....I know I go late because it is so crowded b/w 11 and 2 that you cannot really sit down - all the tables are taken. The Food Court in the Mall in the building is packed as well - besides I would feel funny taking my lunch down there because anything I would bring would have to be prepared. That is why I have been having a protein bar or hard boiled egg.......I could try an egg and a piece of cheese at lunch at the food court...might do that tomorrow and see how it goes. Surely I can find a table off to the side where I can crack my egg! Because I eat my lunch so late when I come home I am usually not hungry until late and that's a problem because I always gain weight when I eat late........Best time for me to eat would be noon - 1pm - high traffic time...I'll try tomorrow w/an egg and a cheese stick and see what happens. Also need to have something light when I come home no later than 6pm - I look so forward to my coffee when I come home that food just doesn't really interest me until later.

I am going to go through some old diaries tonight and see what I did before. If I remember correctly I came home, got in my comfy clothes and ate a small something then had my coffee. Now I come home and go directly for the coffee - then eat and then I want coffee again - I don't have a second cup but I do crave it so maybe if I do it the old way that will work. Enough rambling.....I am turning in early!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

haven't gone thru the old diaries yet and it is getting late. Brother called and he is coming in this weekend. That kind of kills my plans....super glad he is coming but I had plans w/friends - shopping etc and now that won't happen....oh well. Now I will definitely put off Friday night to next weekend. BF is so funny - he is addicted now to solitary....he keeps losing.

I boiled eggs and I have some string cheese for tomorrow - also have yogurt. I think I am going to have an egg and string cheese in the am and tuna at lunch 1/2 can and maybe one egg. Or an egg and turkey bacon in the am and an egg and cheese stick at lunch......

Dog is acting funny - she is on Flagyl and it took almost a whole vienna sausage to get it down her. But she is not very energetic and she is just kind of sitting and staring at things - the floor, the gate, the fridge.....very lethargic. She ate good though. Hope she is okay.......

Getting ready for bed now.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Hi Debbi, Hope you are having a great day! Hope the puppy is feeling better. I have 2 puppies myself.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Sheryl - she is more energetic today and loves the new dog food. I really think she doesn't know what to do w/herself since BF is spending so much time playing solitare!

Hope you are having a great week as well!

Wednesday
Woke up even later and even more tired....so no exercise.....still raining everyday so I am parking in the garage which is expensive...too expensive. Work is busy right now and I am still not in my office because they haven't hooked up everything for me so I am trying to underwrite in the middle of a large room full of people talking - very difficult and frustrating.

Today food was better but still not good.....B=cheddar crackers + coffee S=1T peanut butter L=1hbegg + 1 cheese stick S= 5 kisses D=coffee + tofutti - 1T + 1 sl chicken (small) oh and I forgot a handfull of potato chip pieces/crumb type pieces......

Of course weight was up a lb today - no exercise , no on plan eating.....

I still am not able to conquer the eating at work thing - can't find my eating "niche" there. I think I need to not eat Breakfast and wait till I am truly hungry and then eat lunch no matter what time it is. I will try that tomorrow.

The good news from today is that I managed to drink around 50 oz of liquid mostly water which is huge for me.

I am just still so tired - must be the carbs........I will try to do just the eggs, cheese, tuna thing tomorrow and not eat anything in the am till I am hungry and if it is 11 then that will be my lunch time.

Now I will go over to Amazon and look around at DVDs and Books.........

Last edited by Debbi; 07-07-2010 at 05:26 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Keep waking up too late to exercise - I will make up for it this weekend.
Today - weight was back down
B=1 small biscuit + 1oz 2% cheddar+coffee
L=chicken breast
S=protein bar
D=coffee + 2Tpb
S=Deviled egg

I was craving the biscuit - shouldn't have had it but I did...at least it was early in the day and it did not trigger any carb cravings.

Well, I requested my vacation day for Monday and I will stay home and do stuff and relax without BF. It will be a busy weekend w/my brother coming in town and getting BF to the airport and packed tomorrow. I have to remember to print his ticket tomorrow at 8 am - in fact I am emailing it to myself at work tonight.

One of the u/w has decided to leave for sure - that secures my position better but I am really unhappy about it. I liked her and she was really helping me with things...I will miss her and wish she would not leave. The underwriter left is really mean and wants to be in charge - it will be ruff. On a positive note, they will have to get me my DE now. Have also heard about positions opening at BOA here but not sure how stable that is - they may be shutting down their operations here and I sure wouldn't want to get stuck in the middle of that.

I plan to take time to go to church this weekend and the cemetaries in addition to cooking and cleaning and finishing unpacking.....and tying up some loose ends!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Hi Debbi just popping in to say Hi and check in with you!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still here and still tryin...just took off a few days from posting. My brother came in town which meant out to eat at 5 star restaurants - I stayed pretty much on plan...filet/asparagus/only 1 small glass of cabernet etc....did end up eating a few small york peppermint patties though over the weekend and some nuts and other dark chocolates.

All in all I have maintained....exercise was great...if I hadn't eaten all that I did I would guess I would have lost a couple of pounds. Oh well.....

Exercise Saturday was Jari Love's newest DVD w/dance/aerobics/weights = 75 min
Sunday was a 2 mile Leslie Sansone Walk and legs and Monday (today) was Gilad Bootcamp, floor legs, and Kundalini Yoga spine series.

I had yogurt this morning
Dark chocolate/nuts
2 coffees
Dinner is in a little while and will be the ground turkey I cooked w/some parmesean cheese, onions, aritchoke hearts grilled.

Cannot wait till Jersey Housewives tonight!!

Watching Oprah w/Geneen Roth - Women, God, etc..seems interesting.

BF comes home tomorrow. Unfortunately for him and his daughters he has had a migraine the whole time he has been there and they ended up taking him to the ER for a shot last night.

I hate to say it but I have enjoyed being here by myself..........don't know what that means right now.........I have even been sleeping better......

Had an appointment w/the psychic last night - awesome - she is the best - she hit everything right on the head. Unfortunately it was all NOT what I wanted to hear but she gave me some good advice and insight and what to look out for.......I have already acted on two of her suggestions. The condo - I have lowered the price and ended it in 800 as she said. I went to the grocery and will be bringing food to work and I WILL TAKE A LUNCH. I believe I know who (one of two women) she is warning me about at work and will be extra careful - I will also NOT underwrite sitting in my cubicle any longer - it will be done in an office and I WILL get on them tomorrow to hook up my phone and get my computer straight this week. I feel better about things, I feel stronger, I feel more in control. I enjoyed my visit w/my brother, dog has been really good and I enjoyed spending time w/my friend this weekend as well.

Now I am going to concentrate on Oprah!

Later.........
Old 07-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Just bumping til I feel like posting again.....just tired....work stress....everything else pretty much the same - not eating low carb.....yet....still trying to get there! Exercise was great while I was off but zip while I am back at work - so sleepy can't wake up early enough to do it. Will post this weekend
Old 07-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is up 2lbs - it is not just stress eating. For months now I have felt like my stomach was bloated - I was always full but still hungry - going b/w constipation and diarrhea. Now I have severe nausea and heartburn at night. These symptoms are familiar to me. In 1980-84 I had major problems with reflux, vomitting all night long. Eventually I was diagnosed with Ibs and Gastroparesis. I think that due to the prolonged stress I have been under since 2005 I am suffering from them both again. Now I do not have time to go to the doctor since I am on a new job nor do I have money to go since my insurance deductible is 2800.00 and I am still paying for 2 houses. I just cannot continue this way - I feel so sick.

I have been doing some research today and I will try a few things. Reduce fat, eat well cooked veggies, soups, shakes, smoothies, fish and chicken and ground beef mainly. More liquids than solids and no raw veggies. More fish/chicken then beef. And primarily mini, mini, mini meals - like 1/2 cp at a time and no eating after 4pm. I am going to try to eat only b/w 10 am and 4 pm. I will have liquids if hungry after 4pm. it is a very limited diet and while not low carb I will try to keep it as low carb as possible. I swear I thought I was dying last night. On the weekends I will eat later since the whole purpose in stopping early is that you do not eat anything 3 hrs prior to bed.

Also read that Betaine HCL w/pepsin helps so I am going to whole foods to get that today. I just cannot believe this is happening now, I really do not need health issues over and above those I already have. In the 80's the only drug that helped and it was a miracle for me was Reglan. I remember I started taking it 3 times a day and then reduced it to twice a day then once a day and then only when needed. I haven't needed it in years and years. I am sitting here right now w/heartburn and swollen belly and I have hardly eaten anything today. My stomach is bloated but I am hungry and I don't dare eat anything. I am trying not to take too many antacids so I took a ginger mint and it helped a little earlier but it is back again. I sure hope a few days (starting tomorrow) of mainly liquids will help me get back on track.

Today
Exercise = Floor legs + additional 38 mins assorted cardio all low impact.
B= coffee w/creamer + 2% Fage - 3 T
L= very thin slices (3) of filet + 2 very small slivers of cooked carrots
So far that's it. I am on my way out to try to get the Betaine and also a charger for BF's phone - he left his in Tyler. I think when I get back I may try a very small coffee mostly creamer and a T of fage.

We'll see.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Today:
Exercise: Sculpt and Strength segment of Dance your way thin; Denise Austin's Broadway Cardio (oldie); 15 min of Yoga for Flexibility. Total cardio=55 Total strenght and yoga=30 min = 85 min!!

Food:
Coffee w/creamer
1/2 Muscle Milk Light Vanilla shake
1 tsp omega peanut butter

I felt better this morning and am down 1lb. Last night I did have heartburn again and took a TUMS. Decided against the Betaine for now -read a review that said if you have a Hiatal Hernia and history of ulcers that you should not take it - I have both so I am giving this some time and if not better by the middle of the week I will break down and make a doctor's appt. I did sleep well last night - I took a Benadryl. I am trying to make my allergy med last longer - I am down to 10 pills and I don't know if I can get a refill. But I will call about that in the morning.

Don't know what else I will eat today although I want to incorporate asparagus and maybe a beet or two with my dinner. Maybe pork chops? Not sure.

Gee it is already 2:30 and I have not even dressed. Exercised/ate/bathed that's it.

I will dress and run errands now and will check back in later...........
Old 07-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Ran errands - couldn't get it all done - started feeling ill again. I made it to the dollar store then had to use a restroom, BF helped someone whose car was stalled, then we went to Tuesday Morning and looked around. Then we went to IHOP - normally I would eat an entire cheese omelette - I could only get 1/3 of it and 1 bite of a plain pancake and a sip of water. I could feel my stomach starting to get uncomfortably full so I stopped. Came home and just finished a weak 1/2 cup of coffee w/creamer. That will be it for the night. Maybe 600 calories? Not much but I need to try to help my stomach. Tomorrow I will probably have the other half of the MM lite drink and bring an egg with melba toast to work and a laughing cow light wedge then most likely soup or yogurt for dinner and hot tea or weak coffee. I will bring an extra egg just in case I can eat it. or maybe a small tuna. Not sure yet. I did not get my gas for my car so I will have to get that either later tonight or tomorrow morning. Most likely tonight....just in case.

I will most likely NOT do any exercise tomorrow morning but will try to do a short walk in the evening after dinner.

I am starting to feel a little heartburn now. Hoping it goes away so I don't have to take a tums tonight.

Anyway, I went on line and visited the Vermont Country Store - they have some neat things from the past. I ordered some shampoo that I used to love when I was younger (high school) called Gee your hair smells terrific! I always got complements about how good my hair smelled. I also ordered some low sodium soup!

At the dollar store I got some disposable gloves for cleaning, tin foil, BF got his beloved honey buns (glad I don't like them) and some dollar glasses for reading! Wish I had felt better so I could have shopped longer.......

I am praying that my stomach behaves and gets better this week....
Old 07-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Hope you feel better soon!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much Sheryl!

Did well last night - no heartburn! No sickness
Today:
Weight - down 1.2
Exercise - only walking to and from work
B=swallow of MM light shake w/vits
@ work - scrambled eggs
around 10 am I had peanut butter crackers
around 2pm I had cheese crackers
Dinner was 1 hb egg w/only 1/2 the yolk and tiny amt of mayo
very weak coffee - getting a little heartburn after the coffee but not too bad.
I will most likely have a teaspoon of pb in a few minutes
Then that's it til tomorrow.

I am really tired and hope to be able to get up early enough to exercise tomorrow.

Plan for tomorrow:
B=rest of shake + coffee
L=hardboiled egg X 2
D=weak coffee + asparagus w/parmesean
S= tsp pb

Work was better today - walk was not too bad in 95% humidity - but my hair could not hold up - looks like I got a Perm!! Walk back to the garage was a little tuff for the last block since it was warmer and my back really started hurting. Have to check the weather tonight to see where I will park tomorrow.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Today: Maintained
Exercise - 1st 2 miles of Leslie's 4 really fast miles

Food - Coffee w/creamer + low carb toast w/1T pb(Omega-3)
Protein bar - Cheese and mini breadsticks - 1/2 oz cheese + 1 tsp Omega3 pb + weak coffee w/creamer. Cals=900

Several mini snacks throughout the day - tummy feels good. Back is another issue. However it is better today than yesterday. Had to sleep w/the heating pad last night - not a good thing when you have night sweats and hot flashes!

Work was better today and I am happy I forced myself to walk the 2 miles this am. I hope I can sleep well enough tonight to get up and exercise again tomorrow!

Not sure what is in store for tomorrow except rain - I will most likely have to park in the garage again. I am going to try to eat my two hardboiled eggs tomorrow on 2 slices of low carb toast throughout the day and I am really going to try to have soup or asp for dinner tomorrow night. Probably the rest of my shake for breakfast tomorrow. I keep forgetting about my yogurt!

Last edited by Debbi; 07-20-2010 at 05:05 PM..
Old 07-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Today:
Weight - down 1lb!
No exercise woke too late...again...
Will try again tomorrw
B=coffee + 1 sl lc toast +1 hb egg (1/2 yolk)
S=protein bar
L=pb crackers + 4 kisses
D=1/2 chicken breast - 1/2 cup mac n cheese
small week coffee

I know - not very good but I just had to have the mac and cheese - all gone now - I am over it.

Will try to go to bed earlier tonight and get up to work out.........we'll see. Super busy at work.

BF left the fridge door open all night. Everything had to be thrown out..........so I went to the grocery but did not feel like getting all the basics again. So, I bought egg, cheese, yogurt and chicken and mac and cheese (prepared already)...I should of bought the cabbage.......oh well. Hopefully I will maintain tomorrow - I probably will not weigh in. Tomorrow I want to try the LFL protein day thing - 100 cals of protein every couple of hours - I can remember I used to lose best when I at min/max 4 meals none over 250 cals.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Hi Debbi, just checking in with ya. Looks like you have to deal with heat and humidity too. I hate hate hate it. Sorry about your fridge, I hate it when that happens.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Sheila - looks like you are doing well too! I know you know what I mean by the humidity and heat in the deep south! At least we don't have blizzards and earthquakes!!
Florida is so pretty I have been there many times on vacations. A few years ago I was asked by my employer to go out to West Palm Beach to train some of the new employees we aquired when we bought out their banks - I went twice - two weeks on one occassion and one week the next. It was really pretty!! Loved it!! As teenager of course we went to Disney Orlando and I have also spent some time in Key West which I just adored!!

Okay, just cleaned up the sofa, carpet and white Bichon who was spotted w/diet coke which BF just spilled all over the place.......life would be so much simpler if........!

Lucky for him I am in a good mood! Today was okay. I did not weigh - just didn't feel like it. My back and stomach are much better - my mini meals seem to be working for me. I just skimmed a book called Good bye Fatty, Hello Skinny - premise is that you eat just enough in the morning to hold you til lunch, have a decent lunch -don't over do it-then just enough dinner to satisfy you but where you feel slightly hungry and of course nothing 3 hrs prior to bedtime I haven't formulated an opinion yet because I am still reading but it doesn't seem like much food....Also have the book the ME diet that I plan on reading this weekend. Oh I wish we had a half price bookstore here like we had in Houston - we used to go there every week end - got great bargains on books, video, dvds, books on tape, gifts - Loved it!

I did manage to exercise today - short warm-up and a standing/floor legs video then the warm up Round 1 from Aero Barre DVD both of them look pretty good but I only did short segments.

Food today was: Yogurt w/berries for breakfast/coffee Snack=mini protein bar Lunch=2 melbas and 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge. S=mini protein bar D=coffee/1Tpb + 1 T jambalaya S= 1 low carb fudgsicle about 950 calories

Tomorrow I plan on exercising again. Don't know what I will eat because I need to keep it small since I am going out to dinner for a burger with friends from work. We are going to a place in my neighborhood that has the best burgers but they are huge......I have to remember that I do not have to eat the whole thing! I will have to drink a lot of water tomorrow so I don't eat much.

Then this weekend I am going to try starting the Evening Primrose Oil caps that are supposedly so good for Menopause symptoms.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Weird day today - feel very nervous about the approaching storm. This is my first hurricane season back home since Katrina. Very nervous..........

Today:
Weight down 1.4!
Exercise: weird...spent too much time watching the news - did a little fitball and a little ballet legs - did not amount to much.
B=coffee + scrambled eggs
S=mini protein bar
L=2 LC cheese wedges + 2 melbas
S=mini protein bar
D=spinach/artichoke dip - 1T + 4 tortilla chips + burger w/cheese bunless + 2 gl merlot
later - very small coffe + 5 caramels.

Totally blew it on dinner. Oh well..tomorrow will do good!
My experiment this week paid off though - I need mini feedings - medium protein, medium fat, medium carb - not necessarily all at the same meal. I do best w/4 or 5 mini feedings. I am going to keep this up for a while and see how it goes - I will tweak it here and there. Another thing I learned is that I stay a whole lot fuller for a lot longer when I have the yogurt "parfait" thing for breakfast - yogurt w/blueberries and strawberries and cinnamon granola. Eggs do not fill me up at all. I am hungry immediately after eating eggs- maybe if I made an omelet w/veggies I would be okay but that is not realistic on a work morning. I am going to try the yogurt thing a few times next week and see what happens.

As much as I know I should not have had the wine since it led to caramels ..sure did help me relax a little after a very stressful day. Between the storm, work and BF with yet another migraine (really bad one) I really needed it so I will not chastise myself for having it. I will not however weigh in tomorrow morning!! I will wait till Sunday and realistically hope that I weigh the same as this morning - not expecting a loss.

Speaking of migraines - there are several people at work who are ill with them this week! I am wondering if it the change in atmospheric pressure from the approaching storm?? Could be - Bf has had a really bad week.

Tomorrow's plan (always subject to change)...
60 minutes of exercise - nothing really strenuous.
B=coffee/coffee
S=1/2 grapefruit
S=1T pb
L/D=chicken or burgeror fish + veggie (small servings)
coffee + low carb fudgesicle (if needed)
Old 07-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Today
Exercise: 45 cardio, brief floor legs
B=Mini protein bar + 2 tsp Omega Pb + coffee
L/D=1/2 burger + 2 slices filet w/provolone (from Outback).
S= 2Tcream cheese +2Tchoco frosting

Did real good til the frosting got me.....I am staying out of the grocery.

L/D seems odd but what happened was BF and I went to Outback. He wanted to try the Filet Focaccia sandwich and I got the burger. I knew he wasn't going to like the bread! He ate it but he kept asking for pieces of my burger. So finally I said do you want to take this half of my burger and I'll take the other half of the filet? So that is what we did - of course I ate it off the bread!

Not sure what type of exercise I will do tomorrow?? I do know that I plan on cooking pork chops and green beans for an early dinner. I am thinking of a little yogurt w/cin/PP/Pb for breakfast then an early dinner. We'll see. And I am thinking about doing either Firm Vol 2 + ball abs + 10 min extra cardio or a kickboxing DVD. Not sure yet.......I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Woke up very upset this morning @7:00 we had no water - no one in our area did. The Sewerage and Water Board decided to fix a line on SATURDAY!!! We did not have water until 5pm. No warning.......great way to start the weekend!! I'm over it now!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:57 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Weight= down 5lbs in 1 week.....yippee!!

Exercise=Box out video w/Sugar Ray (oldie-not very good) + Yoga Dance Fusion (standing segment)

B/L=Coffee + Fage2% 1/2cp + flax + cinn. + 1 tsp vanilla prot pwdr + 1 T pb = approx 300 cals
D= will be .... pork chop w/green beans and butter
S=coffee + mini protein bar

Course dinner and snack subject to change.
Now I have errands to run - Grocery etc and wash hair and do bills, get clothes ready for the week!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:14 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Yay, great loss!!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Sheryl!! Please keep visiting - just knowing you are looking keeps me on my toes!!

Exercise - only walking to and from work = 10-12blks
Woke too late. It stormed last night and the dog is afraid so she was literally in my face for most of the night!

Food -not good......not horrible but not good....and my stomach is bloated again - I am sure it is the peanuts.
B= small yogurt plain
S= peanuts
S=peanuts
S=wheat crackers w/peanut butter
S=mini milk choco pcs (stress eating again)
D=coffee + 1 slice microwaved cheddar (2% fat)
I hope I don't see any more peanuts for a while. WARNING : GROSS : I have also notice that if I do not go to the potty the minute I feel like it and I hold it in (like all day today) my tummy is bloated and really out of sorts and it takes sometime a day or two to get back on track. I don't know why I do this - except I get busy and put it off....

Tomorrow I am bringing boiled egg for a snack and I have a couple of mini protein bars that I couldn't eat today. For breakfast I will have my yogurt w/berries like last week.

I also hope to exercise tomorrow - something simple....walking? We'll see how I feel in the a.m.......

BF has been sitting at the kitchen table ever since I go home playing solitare. It bothers me because of his gambling addiction. I keep worrying that he will try to gamble again. I am sure I am over reacting. I keep tight reins on his money so he won't blow it and he can pay his bills. As long as I am doing that I feel "safe" that his problem is being kept under wraps. He hasn't gambled in 6 yrs but we lived in Texas - there was no gambling - out of sight -out of mind. Louisiana is another story.

Last edited by Debbi; 07-26-2010 at 04:28 PM..
Old 07-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Super short post...
No weighing until Friday am
Exercise 15 min interval w/wts/15 min Taebo/10 min Pilates legs
Food:Yogurt/coffee/mini protein bar/mini protein bar w/1T pb (omega 3)/1 egg +2%cheddar+1oz cr cheese/small amount of peanuts/coffee/some dry chex/3/4 of low carb fudsicle

Did good till the chex...

Exercise was great!! I even slept pretty good last night. Hoping tomorrow will be even better. I boiled eggs tonight and will bring them to work. Work is horrendous tons of work.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:02 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Still not weighing.
Exercise: 15 minute interval cardio/wts
Food - so, so
coffee + hard boiled egg + 1 laughing cow cheese + 1 melba
mini protein bar
few peanuts
1 egg + 1 LC cheese
1/2 mini protein bar
3 mini cookies
coffee + 1 deviled egg

Feel strangely depressed, tired, work is extremely busy - I am having lots of hot flashes today for some reason - probably because I am stressed and upset.
Cannot park in the free lot because they are filming the Green Lantern in the middle of the CBD........this means that we have to walk an extra 3 blocks at least added to the 5 we already walk in a heat index of 110....I can't do it w/my asthma - so I pay for parking this week at least. They are filming for I don't know how long and it is from 5am til 9pm 7 days a week that the streets are blocked.......it is miserable.

At least I was able to get my exercise in today!! I will try again for tomorrow.
I paid 50.00 for a Child's Wish - ticket for a Murder Mystery Dinner/Theatre thing Sunday from 5-8 but now I see it is at an American Legion Hall which I am sure will be very uncomfortable - with scoliosis I don't see how I can sit that long on folding chairs. I will decide Friday but I think I will just tell them to keep the money and I just won't go. I would really like to see it but I would hate to go and then have to leave. BF will not go because he says it's too long.

It's just too darn hot right now for much of anything...........
Old 07-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Did not do well today. Started bad when I overslept by alot and couldn't exercise.....just was so tired.......

Then I didn't feel well......couldn't stomach yogurt or egg so I had cheese and crackers lter on I had a couple of york peppermint patties and it just went downhill from there..no point in recounting the episode....I am home now and have had peanut butter -2 tsp, coffee and a pc of cheese. That's it I am going to bed early tonight.

I will try to get up really early tomorrow to exercise - I will not work late or through lunch tomorrow. Actually I left my desk for about 30 min today - might do that tomorrow too - I am not stressing myself any longer.

Tomorrow I will try to exercise & eat better.