Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
30 min KB video this morning and walked 10 blocks to/from work. Weight really isn't budging though.

B=2tsp peanut butter/coffee/2tsp yogurt
L=2sl lc (no sugar or salt) bread w/1 slice low salt ham and 1 sl low salt swiss
S= jujubees (ugghhh) I don't even like them
D=2 bites of leftover porkchop
S= coffee + 1 T pb and 1T yogurt

When I go back and review my old menus when I lost a lot of weight -I was really low in calories and I think I am paying for that now. That and that I just cannot get a really clean day in.....I will try again tomorrow. No lc bread/no yogurt/no peanut butter. I can do this for just one day!!

I am starting to get a few hot flashes and am wondering if I should put the patch back on?????? I really want to try to get back on track again first for a couple of weeks w/exercise daily and meats and veggies w/limited cheese, AS and coffee.
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is down today 1.6 - surprising

0 exercise - too tired - and I did not feel well today. The dog really misses her daddy - she stayed in the window last night til I took her out at 9pm - looking for him. She would not eat or drink. I finally got her to eat by playing with her food with her and then she slept up against me in bed like velcro. Hopefully he will be home Friday because I am completely out of my routine.

I think that I am getting the yeast thing again from too much sugar - so I am officially off no matter what.

I have been continuing to walk the 10 blocks every day to/from work but I just don't know how I will do it when it get hotter - which will be shortly - I will be soaking wet and out of breath because it is so hot and humid here.

today's menu: B=pb - 2 T + yogurt (1T full fat cabots) + 1/2 tsp protein powder and sprinkle cinn.
L= low carb no sugar or salt bread (2 pcs) + 1 slice ham and 1 sl swiss
D= 1 egg scrambled w/1 tsp butter
Also had 2 coffees today and jelly beans........................

Tomorrow will be better- promise to myself.
Plan is low sodium bacon for breakfast. Lunch is either ham and cheese roll ups or tuna w/mayo and lemon and no lc bread. D= not sure might stop and buy ground beef or ground turkey and cook it.

Watched Dr Oz at lunch today and it really made me worried about all the fat I am eating and have eaten w/my family's history of heart disease....something to think about. I know I could never eat all those beans and veggies not w/my IBS.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Down .6 today
Ex = 15 min of Bollywood on TV
B=yogurt full fat w/cherry + coffee
L= 2sl lc no salt no sugar bread + ham low salt 1 sl + swiss low salt 1 sl
S=sugar free hot coco
D=1/4 cup asparagus tips w/1/2tsp cesear dressing and 1T parmesean cheese
S=coffee and choco cov cashews (not many-but still should not have had them) I am letting myself get too hungry

I am upset -looks like BF will not be leaving Monroe til Saturday morning. Another two nights by myself. If I hadn't gained all this weight I would go out w/friends but of course I am in hiding til I lose at least 15 lbs. It cannot happen soon enough.

Still no patch and I woke up this morning sweaty around my midriff - don't know if it was the comforter or a night sweat?? I am still going to hold off on putting the patch on.

I really want to try to exercise tomorrow - we will see.

Plan is that I will have either yogurt for breakfast or bacon. Lunch will be shake for sure tomorrow night will either be eggs or tuna and coffee. We'll see. April 23rd we are going out (work group again) to a little seafood restaurant that is a bar/grill by the Lake. It is a Friday night so it should be fun since we can really relax. Of course I have unrealistic expectations of losing 10lbs!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Down another .6 today - no exercise - overslept - horrible upsetting day at work.

B=scrambled eggs + coffee
S=choco covered cashews
L=2 sl lc no salt/sugar brd + 1 slice ham and 1 sl cheddar
D=more choco covered nuts + 2 T yogurt + coffee
S= tsp peanut butter

Sucks, I know. But I will get exercise in tomorrow!!! BF will be back tomorrow evening so we will most likely go out to dinner - I will have either a burger or broiled seafood.
Breakfast ?? probably bacon then no lunch just a couple of small snacks most probably couple tablespoons of ricotta and maybe a little later a couple of T of tuna or salmon.

I want to do the weightless workout on cable and something else not sure what yet.

This evening I bought a pot (only had one) so now I can boil eggs - also bought a meat thermometer...a dog brush...some wonderful capris from dollar general for only 10.00 - I will be back there tomorrow to buy some in every color - they are very light weight and they are cargo type crops but the pocket is in a good place on the leg - love them!! Also went to the grocery and drugstore for baby shampoo which I use to take my eye makeup off and some disposable cups and salt free ricotta and magazines. I was glad to get out of the house.

No sorority luncheon tomorrow - plans fell through - just as well I can use the time to clean and relax and shop till BF gets home.

Tomorrow is gonna be a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Maintained

Day started out good:
Exercise was Fit TV weight loss w/o and about 10 minutes of Gilad cardio

B=3 pcs of pineapple and cabot full fat plain yogurt and coffe
Then it all went to hell in a hand basket!!
Bridge mix from the dollar store - wasn't even good. Why do I keep sabotaging myself. As soon as the scale starts moving downward I do this. Well, I won't this time. I am stopping this now. No matter what for the next week I will not have anything other than protein/fat/veggies/limited fruit/lc bread/coffee - tea -water/lemon

L= w/BF he is back was a cobb salad -no dressing just a little lettuce and turkey, small amount of avocado, a little bacon, a little cheese

D=UGGGGGGG I don't even like - margarita (1) BF wanted a Strawberry Daquiri so I went along and got a margarita.
1T yogurt and small coffee.

I am shaking off and continuing with getting back on track. Not looking back.

Plan for Sunday is to do either the Firm or Barry's Boot Camp Code Red ( not sure what it is - just bought the dvd) Probable the firm

Also have to do bills, dye hair and do nails.

Breakfast= pineapple/1T yogurt and coffee
Lunch = MM lite shake - chocolate w/coffee mixed in
Dinner = piece of meat and asparagus

I will cook turkey for Monday for lunch and dinner. Monday afternoon I have training at another branch so I will park in the garage.

I am really going to ramp this up this week for the birthday party Friday - let's see how much I can lose by eating better and sticking to my exercise plan!!

I steam mopped my kitchen floor today and did general picking up etc... went to dollar general and got the only other color which was dark brown in those crops.

After lunch BF and I went to Dillards to return two shirts I had bought last week and we walked down the mall to Penneys and back so that was a little extra movement unaccounted for.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Up 1lb and fully expected it. All my fault and eating out - just cannot do it any more.

Today did a firm dvd for 52 minutes

Screwed up today to..just not as bad - will be on track tomorrow
pre-workout = coffee and 1/3 mm light shake
B=melon +1tsp pb
L=mediterranean stuffed artichoke leaves
Larg scoop of chocolate icing......
D=burger cooked in butter w/sprinke of cheese and 2 tsp mayo
About 1000 calories - not too bad - hopefully i will be back down that l lb tomorrow.

Tomorrow's plan is min 10 min cardio in the am and legs
B=coffee + blue bunny low carb yogurt
L=burger on 1 slice lc no sugar or salt bread w/little butter
S=few pistachios
D=burger w/1/2 slice swiss and little mustard and mayo.

I should get home a little early tomorrow due to training being closer to my house - so I will most likely try to exercise in the evening as well - maybe 10 minutes again.

Tuesday's plan is :
B=egg
L=2 eggs
D=salmon and broccoli
Ex in am = pilates cardio + ub bands + pilates lower body

Wed's plan:
B=1 egg
L=2 eggs
D=burger w/lettuce leaf
Ex= Walk 2 miles plus lower body

Thursday plan
B=1egg
L=2 eggs
D=burger w/lettuce
Ex=Kickbox

Friday's plan:
B=shake
L=tuna
D=broiled seafood +1 wine(maybe - birthday party after work)

Every day I will snack on pistachios if hungry and drink water w/lemon and tea as well as my morning coffee and small evening coffee.

I am trying to eat mostly protein as an experiment to see how my body reacts and to try to lose the bloat.

Last edited by Debbi; 04-18-2010 at 04:09 PM..
Old 04-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TurnNBurn
Debbi, I have read most of your journal. I was gripped by the story of your displacement by Katrina and how you overcame that. And then moving back to NO and how it had changed. Girl, you have gone through so much!

Keep up the good work, good luck on your weight loss.

I am curious, where do you get so many different workout videos, I'm amazed that you try a new one nearly every day!
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Hi TurnNBurn!! So nice to have a visitor!! You are really doing well -scale is continuing to go down for you - that is great! Unfortunately Katrina lives on for all of us hear - some have regained a sense of normalcy for other like myself we are still not back in our homes. I just told BF yesterday, now that we are in an apartment (still trying to sell the condo in Houston) the best way to describe how I feel is that it feels like I am still living in a hotel or a temporary residence - still displaced. Things are still so up in the air - oh well no use re hashing it - it won't change it, just have to deal with it.

I used to have a HUGE video collection - but lost them in Katrina. I have slowly started collecting them again - from Ross, 1/2 price Books, amazon and Ebay. I love exercise videos because I am way too self conscious to work out in public! And I get bored easily so to keep interested I have several to rotate. I have stopped buying for now since I am paying for two places to live. And I have a very limited supply here as most of my DVDs along w/all my summer clothes are in Houston. I can't wait to go there and pick them all up.

Well, that was probably more than you needed to know !! Please come back and visit any time and good luck on your weight loss journey!!

No exercise today - went to bed late and woke late.
B=Blue Bunny low carb lime yogurt.
L=had to travel to meeting so it was cheese crackers
S=1 chocolate mint
D=burger w/cheese

Hopefully I will get to bed earlier tonight and feel more energetic tomorrow.
At least the meeting this evening got me out of work early!! It is getting very stressfull at work with the end of the month and goals that must be met - the pressure is on and this morning almost unbearable so I was glad to leave.

BF had a mini job today - a friend had him post 40 signs on lots for the New Orleans Redevelopment Authority - these are LA road home lots that will be sold. He got 1.00 per sign so 40.00 that will pay for lunch for him for 4 days but most importantly it gave him something to do.

Tomorrow's plan:
EX=Walk and band legs
B=Black coffee and 1 lc toast w/1T pb
L=1 lc toast and 1 egg
D=Salmon and asparagus + coffee

Yes, I know it has changed already and most likely will continue to evolve !!

Last edited by Debbi; 04-19-2010 at 03:38 PM..
Old 04-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

I am not weighing until Friday.

Today was a better day eating and exercising.
EX= Rejeuvinetics - 35 min (ballet, tai chi, yoga mix)

B=1 sl lc toast w/2T pb + coffee
S=pistachios
L=1/2 sl lc toast + 1/3 can low sodium tuna + 1 tsp mayo
S= 3/4 can of starbucks vanilla light coffee
D=1 egg + 1/2 cup ricotta (no salt) +sprinkle cinn and splenda + coffee
Calories =800

Did not burn many calories w/that workout but it was nice to do an easier workout. I also walked the 10 blocks (total) to/from my office today. Really like the starbucks but will only have it occassionally.

Hoping things will go well tomorrow!!

Plan is 1 egg for breakfast
2 eggs for lunch
burger for dinner

also hoping to do at least 30 minutes of exercise as well.

Nothing etched in stone - will see how I feel.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Course things did not go as planned so I am not planning any more.

Still not weighing
EX=10 minute kickbox and TTAPP legs
Walked to/from office total 10 blocks (everything counts)

B=Yogurt + black coffee
L=1 sl low sod ham + 1.5 slices low sod swiss + 4 romaine leaves + 2 tsp mayo
S= Starbucks light vanilla
D= 1 boiled egg + 1T cream cheese + 3 pecan halves
S=coffee + 1T pb

This would have been great - except at work they brought in mini Mrs Fields cookies and I ate 4 of them..........guessing that is about 200 cals - they were really small

Total calories were probably around 1200

Tomorrow my plan is to exercise - pilates cardio/ub/legs

I go to the Psychiatrist w/BF tomorrow for 9 then he will drive me to work. My group at work are going to dinner near my apartment so I will get a ride with one of them and then BF can pick me up. Hope we have fun!!

Eating plan for tomorrow:
B=Eggs scrambled + coffee
L=probably a small can of tuna at my desk or nothing
D= seafood broiled or grilled and either 1 scotch and water or 1 glass of wine.

Still super busy at work.
Still looking forward to seeing my brother this weekend!!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Well I weighed today and I am down the pound I gained plus and additional pound

No exercise I was soooo tired I took advantage of going in late and slept. Went to the psychiatrist w/BF and then to work. Very stressfull day and said some things I probably shouldn't have said. Oh well......

B-1T pb
S=cheese/crackers
S=trail mix
D=few barbecue shrimp and 2 wines - went out with the girls from work - really nice on the patio - beautiful weather!!

S=small coffee and 1 T of yogurt
Calories are approximate =990

I won't weigh until Saturday. I hope I can get my big arse up tomorrow to exercise!! If it looks like rain though I will have to leave early to get in the garage. I am just grateful lit is the weekend coming up - I need it!!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #282
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ambacrombie
Stats: 160/149/115
Start Date: 4/11/2010
Hi Debbi, I am new here, just wanted to say hi since we have so much sort of in common.
I have a bichon Frise, I believe your Sophie is a bichon? I haven't read all your journal but the first couple and last pages....my dog is 6 years old and a male.
I'm 52, no sign of menopause (just my dumb luck) but I'm hoping any day now.
I wasn't IN Katrina but helped clean up afterward for 3 years in Gulfport and Biloxi, I love New Orleans. My husband had a crew down there, if we didn't have family in MO I'd live in Pass Christian.
I've read your struggles with weight. I just started on the low carb thing, I'd tried to diet, the best I did was work like a dog when I was working and got in a bit of physical labor and lost, other than that my loss was no flour or sugar and several miles of biking a day, that worked too but nothing seems to work this time, thus the low carb deal. No access to a scales (I'm traveling with my husband right now) but I feel better, don't eat as much and my clothes are loose. We are always on the move so I don't get much chance to exercies, I guess I could but I do web work (web design) while we travel.
Anyway just wanted to say hi, you've inspired me!! Now to go back and read more.
Later,
T
ambacrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ambacrombie and welcome to LowCarb Friends. You will learn a lot here. Yes, my Sophie is a Bichon - I just adore her!! Now that I have had a Bichon I don't think I would have any other breed. They are hard headed but really smart - they know what they should do but just choose not to do it sometimes. Sophie is very attached to my BF who is retired. I love that they don't shed as well. Sophie is 4years old and named after my great grandmother (maternal) Sophia Rachel.

The Gulf Coast and New Orleans would not be where they are today without all the volunteers like yourself and your husband. Thanking you doesn't seem to be enough but you know I am sure that you - as well as all the selfless people who have put endless hours in helping us have a very special place in our hearts. And we are and continue to pay it forward. THANK YOU!!

I lost my weight fairly quickly - it was wonderful - I was very motivated and I maintained for many years until the dreaded menapause and Katrina hit all at around the same time. I am still struggling to survive in all areas of my life - home, family, weight, work - I know that I need to be more vigilant with this diet thing or it just won't come off. I allow "things" to interfere and I did not do that in the beginning. I feel like when I first started I had to prove to myself that I could do it - I had to succeed and I put my health and diet first and I did succeed. I also lived alone so it was easier. Now I let everything and everyone take precedence over my own needs and I have to stop that - I am still trying to get to that point. Menopause just makes things more difficult - tired, sweats, etc... I have been off the patch now for probably 3 weeks or so and I think I am now starting to get sweats and hot flashes but they are not bad so I am going to continue to try not to put the patch back on. I also think that my body processes food differently now - slower - and I just cannot eat all the fat any longer - I don't feel well and I seem to gain weight - there is a point at which it is too much - I have to balance my diet more in order to feel good. I also have only 30 minutes for lunch and it is a 5 min walk to lunch and a 5 minute walk back so that's only 20 minutes (no eating at your desk). So that limits what I bring. But I'll figure it out....I have to ......I want to get back in all my clothes and I know I will feel better. I can tell you it is very scary to have been 297, lose 167 lbs and then start seeing it creep back on...the only way to do this is find a way to lose that I can live with forever. I know high fat is something I cannot do. That said I am my own worst enemy - I give in too easily and I have to stop that.

As a child we always vacationed in Biloxi - I love the coast so I know what you mean about Pass Christian - so pretty and peaceful. I love living near water.

We actually have a little more in common - my brother lives in St Louis. He is down here with his wife this weekend for Jazz Fest. He loves New Orleans and wishes he could move back here but he makes way too money in St Louis. So instead he visits often.

I wish you much luck on your low carb journey and finding your own style that you can live with and lose. You have already lost 11 pounds which is great! I would love to be back in the 140's again! Sorry for such a long reply - hope I didn't bore you. Please visit again and tell me about your travelling and web work - sounds very interesting.

Today:

No exercise fell back to sleep after the alarm clock went off.........

B= scrambled eggs + 1 slice bacon + coffee
L= cheese and crackers + 3 small pieces of dark chocolate
D=crab , shrimp, catfish, salad w/ blue cheese dressing + coffee
S=yogurt

I should not have had all that seafood - my fingers are swollen from the salt......oh well it will come off - I will drown it out w/water tomorrow.

Plan for tomorrow:

Definitely exercise - I would like to do that Code red workout and then a little cardio dance and then pilates legs.

B= coffee + Protein shake (probably late)
S= yogurt
D= burger or salmon + coffee
S=yogurt
Lots of water

Have to stay out of the grocery!!!!!!

Last edited by Debbi; 04-23-2010 at 07:07 PM..
Old 04-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Saturday 4/24/10

Maintained the loss but scale is trying to go up.....2 days and no bathroom plus I am retaining fluid.

I won't weigh until Monday morning - I just hope I am not disappointed.

Today:
Exercise - really good/tuff: Code red boot camp (19 min) then Firm Cardio Overdrive (55 min.) then floor legs for 5 minutes.

Food: B=2% Fage w/peanut butter and coffee
L=Nuts + piece dark chocolate
D=burger w/cheddar cheese and mayo (ground pati)
S=cheese + coffee

Calories were really high today: approximately 1100 but I figure I burned around 500 no not too bad but the calories combined with no BM for 2 days and retaining fluid will be horror on the scale. So, no scale til Monday morning.

Did lots of "junk" store shopping today - dollar general/big lots/kmart/tj maxx/walmart/winn dixie. It was fun. Got a couple of tops on sale but one is too big and one is too small and I decided I didn't like one of them at all.......so tomorrow I will be making returns to Kmart and WalMart. Oh well.....

Have not seen my brother - it did not rain so he went to jazz fest - you'd think they would have at least stopped by briefly - it hurts my feelings that he can go with his friends to dinner tonight and put his sister off until Monday night (right before he leaves).

I have decided that with the exception of my friend Steele, I have made more of an effort to contact my friends since I have been back than they have - so I'm not calling them any more unless I need something.

I am really feeling depressed today and I know it is all about this weight. I cannot believe I have chosen to eat and continue to eat and gain my weight back. I am desparately trying to get control of this. I have read posts where they say it is just as easy to make the right choices as the wrong ones, and low carb foods are very tastey - and they are RIGHT - so why do we (I) continue to make the wrong choices. I want this more than anything but I am keeping myself from achieving my goal of weight loss - why??? I know there have been times when I have eaten out of stress and not even realized what I did til it was done - but that is not as often as I would like to believe. I know I eat out of bordem, stress, laziness (not wanting to prepare something so I just grab what is there),when I am thirsty, when I am tired, when I am hungry - notice how low hunger is on the list. All the carby sugary foods BF brings into the house - I don't like those thing so that is not the problem - it is what I bring into the house. I notice that I cheat a few days in a row and then it almost becomes a habit and my body/mind start looking for that same food at that same time every day and it is really hard to break.

I cannot stand the way I am right now and I have got to stop this now. I have to remember that all I have is TODAY and I need to make it count!

Plan for Sunday:

Cardio and legs - not sure what yet but gentler than today!

B=Egg
L=MM shake
D=Pork chop and roasted asparagus

Sunday will be bill day and hair day and cooking. I also intend to boil some eggs for during the week.

I am guessing that my brother may come over at some point tomorrow but I am not waiting around for him. I will go to KMart after exercising and I will stop at Rouses for the pork chops and asparagus and avocados.

I am going to do my best to lose as much weight as possible this week!!

Last edited by Debbi; 04-24-2010 at 08:39 PM..
Old 04-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday
Exercise: 20 minute workout tape + 15 min Workout for life video.

Not real happy with my choice of exercise today.........However I did clean the bathroom thoroughly and I did mop, shop, cook........

B=1 sl lc toast w/2T pb+ coffee
L = 1 melba + 2T Whipped cream cheese w/chives
S=extra cream cheese
D= pork chop + butternut squash (micro in the bag) delish
S=coffee + 2 squares of really dark chocolate w/almonds

Calories are around 1000 - didn't burn much exercising - maybe 250?

Supposedly my brother is coming over after Jazzfest - we are waiting for him. I believe it ends around 7pm.

I washed my hair, cleaned the bathroom, went through and organized my papers and bills, went to Stein Mart and Rouses, came home and mopped the kitchen and the bathroom, cut stickers out of the dogs hair from her walk, cooked pork chops - in xvoo with oregano, garlic, pepper, parsley and made butternut squash in the microwave bag.
Also, painted my nails.....

Okay here is my get it done diet for the week. I am going out w/friends Friday or Saturday - I think Friday and I need to get some weight off quick......so let's see what happens!!

Plan for tomorrow:
B=black coffee + 1 sl lc toast w/1 egg
L=3oz tuna w/lemon and 1 melba
D= out to dinner w/my brother: asparagus and filet (will take 1/2 of it home) and coffee
Exercise: Yoga for weight loss or Yoga Now (30 Minutes)

Tuesday's plan:
Exercise = Pilates dance + Pilates legs + pilates UB
B=black coffee + 1 oz cheese + 2 melbas
L=1sl lc toast w/ 1 hb egg
D=tuna + asparagus + small coffee w/cream

Wednesday's Plan:
Exercise = Walk 2 miles + legs
B=1 hb egg + black coffee
L=2 hb eggs
D=small burger + lettuce/tomato

Thursday's plan:
Exercise= Kickbox + Pilates UBB + Core Fusion legs
B=1 hb egg + black coffee
L=2 hb eggs
D=salmon + asparagus + small coffee w/cream

Friday's plan:
Exercise = Dance + lenthening and stretching exercises.
B=black coffee + egg white w/swiss
L=small tuna w/mayo and lemon
D=grilled fish or small burger + 2-3 wines (out w/the girls)!!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Monday: Weight was up a lb today - feel like I am retaining fluid and still not going to the bathroom like I should.

EX=0 turned off the alarm and did not wake up until 6:30 I did park and walk to/from work = 1 mile

B=2Tpb + yougurt 2T
S=melba toast + coffee
L=1.5 oz tuna +1/4 tsp mayo + lemon +melbas
D=4 oz filet/broiled asparagus + teeny tiny piec of fr brd w/butter + teeny tiny bit of cheese off cheese potatoes + 1 shrimp + 1 square dark chocolate + 1 mini cappucino

guessing around 1,000 calories.

Will try to get to bed before 11 tonight b/c I want to exercise tomorrow.

Tomorrow I want to do my walking DVD and I will walk to/from work. so that will be about 3 miles + legs

B= I will eat an egg at home and see how that goes w/butter + black coffee
L= Try tuna again only without sodium and w/mayo and lemon and 1 melba
D= egg whites w/a little cheese and butter + coffee w/cream
S= small square of chocolate

Today was a very stressfull day at work - hopefully tomorrow will be better. I am back into a depression about the house not selling/BF's migraines/living in this small apartment/worrying about money/jealous of all that my brother has......I could go on and on and on. But it doesn't really matter - because I know I would not be so fixated on all of this if I could just have success losing weight - yet I keep sabotaging it over and over again. Every night I firmly believe tomorrow will be better and every morning I wake up thinking about what I want to eat that is not on plan. But, I have to believe that one of these days I will break it.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Today - maintained weight no gain no loss
Pretty good considering I ate out late last night and am still experiencing bathroom issues.

EX= 1.5 miles walk + floor legs
B=1TPB +1Tcream cheese+coffee
S= Kind bar (almonds/macs/apricot/coconut)
S=1Tpb
L=2/4 can Tuna no salt in water + 1T mayo + lemon
S=sugar free hot cocoa
D=2T cr cheese and chives whipped cream cheese + coffee +1egg

around 1000 calories

Not the greatest but not horrible. BF is sleeping - and he has a Glucose Tolerance Test tomorrow for 7am - don't know why he is so tired except he took migraine meds last night and got up early this morning.

Tomorrow I will do better - will try the eggs/meal/eggs routine.

Also plan to exercise - probably kickboxing but will have to see how I feel. I parked in the building today but tomorrow I will be parking in the garage and walking. I really want this weight off!!!!

Work is still very stressfull and some days unbearable. I really wish my condo in Houston would sell so I can get some breathing space from that stress at least. My brother is gone - didn't get to see him much - last night for dinner and then briefly Sunday. Oh well maybe this year I can go visit him.

Have to go to Houston to get my stuff - I have to figure out how/what is the cheapest way to do this. Oh well tomorrow will be better.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Wednesday - no exercise - turned off the alarm and fell back to sleep but I did walk to/from the parking garage - so 1 mile total

Scale is down 1.2 lbs today

B=4 sl bacon (low sodium) + coffee
S=2 slices melba toast (got hungy and could not get to lunch til late)
L=2 sl lc bread + 1/2 sl low sod ham +2 slices swiss
S=Starbucks light vanilla (can) drink
D=1 egg + 2 whites + 1 tsp cream chees + 1/2 sl swiss + 1/2 sl cheddar + coffee
S=2 tsp peanut butter

Tomorrow I have to be in a meeting for 8am so I may not exercise - but will walk to/from garage - we will see.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

This has to be quick I have lots to do....
Weight was down .8 today. But I really sucked w/diet today.
No exercise woke late again and had to be at work by 8am - tomorrow I have to be at work early to get in the garage because it is going to storm. So, I will most likely not work out. So, I won't be meeting any goals again this week.

B=eggs + coffee + 1 slice lc bread
S+L+ S= ugggghhhhhhhh peanut M&Ms medium size bag - I have been full and felt bloated ever since.
D=coffee + 1egg

I am still having bathroom issues - bet all those peanuts will clear that up tomorrow - I sure Hope I am not sick from it.

BF is sick started w/stomach ache and went into headache and nausea - not sure what it is.

Made plane reservations SW has a sale 59.00 one way thru today - to fly to Houston and rent a truck and bring back the rest of my boxes - I will have summer clothes!! I will most likely rent a budget truck or penske and then a hotel room for 1 night - near the house - probably end up costing another 350.00 + gas - but it has to be done.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

So far so good. Did not weigh today

Ex- Simmons circuit + simmons cardio + yoga on the ball = 80 minutes and it really felt good.

Pre-w/o I had a coffee w/cream and 1/2 mmlite shake
Post w/o I had black espresso and 1/2 grapefruit
a few hours later 4 slices of microwave bacon
4 hours later 1T cream cheese

BF and I are debating on where to go for dinner - I should eat the salmon - it has been threatening to rain all day but it hasn't yet - friend wants us to go out to a bar tonight but I am waiting to see what happens with the weather and I am really not up for that - so most likely we won't.

BF is having anger outbursts doctor lowered his lithium to 450 a day - I sure hope we don't have any problems with him until he gets his blood tested - another week. Seems that he tends to get angry in the evenings - he is taking the lithobid in the morning. Wasn't taking lithobid before - just lithium 300 in the am and 300 in the pm. We'll see.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is the same -
Exercise: Another good day - old video by Joan Lunden - 60 min of cardio and floor exercises.
B=2% fage yogurt and 5 organic cherries + black coffee
L=2T peanut butter
S= dark choco covered nuts
D= spinach egg thing + 1 very small pork chop and a few asparagus tips w/1 tsp Cesaer dressing + 1 small coffee

I am getting close to perfect - I intentionally ate cherries because I read they help inflammation - but I decided I will hold off on that for the next 14 days. I almost did not eat the choco nuts - I was out w/BF and he was eating Snickers and I caved in on the nuts. Won't happen again. Also, no more peanut butter.

Calories for the day are around:1000

This week I am eating mainly eggs, yogurt, tuna, salmon, 1 sl lc bread per day , black coffee in am and 1 w/cream in pm. Exercise wise will be pilates type exercise w/dance and kickboxing. Walking is boring me right now and I just cannot do the yoga due to the pains in my wrists. All weight work will be bands - not dumbells because I want to try to eliminate the water weight I tend to put on when using weights. I am hoping I can lose around 7lbs this week - we'll see. It will be tough because the fridge is out at work so I am limited to canned tuna and salmon. Anything cold will have to be eaten in the am - it won't keep in the fridge for lunch. At least not till they fix it - which I am hoping will be very soon.

Tomorrow's plan is: (subject to change )
Exercise = 0 - rest day or some Kundalini yoga
B=1 hardboiled egg +2 sl bacon + 1 black coffee
L=1 can tuna in oo + 1 sl lc bread
D=2 eggs w/spinach + small
lots of water
Old 05-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is the same......but..........I think I am finally back on track - feel much better today. Read the post about adrenal fatique and cortisol and decided to be some Pantethine (B5) and will start taking that tomorrow.

Exercise today was Anni Mars Lifeforce - midlife w/o - 60 minutes and did it all low impact - was a good workout.

B= coffee w/cream and 4 slices bacon
L=1 oz cream cheese and 2 T pb
D=2 eggs + 1/3 oz cream cheese + 1/2 slice swiss and 1/2 slice cheddar + coffee w/creamer.
S=85% chocolate square

Around 1,000-1100 calories for the day.

BF has a migraine - I think it is from allergies and being in the glare from the sun today - he had been doing well - no headache since 4/26.

I think tomorrow will be even better - I plan to go to the grocery and get some ground turkey, avocado, asparagus. Saturday we leave for Houston to pick up more stuff.

This will be a busy week at work and socially - a friends' daughter is having her 21st birthday Friday and then the weekend is travelling. I have to figure out a gift for her.

So, plan for tomorrow:
Exercise: yoga, pilates
B=shake w/cream + black coffee
L=hard boiled egg w/oo mayo and 1/4 avocado
D=stir fried beef and peppers and onions + coffee w/creamer

Hopefully that will be it!!

I am not going to weigh until Friday morning. I am just concentrating on eating healthy and low carb.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Well only down .6 today - feel down about that and worried that I will not lose without the hormones.

Woke feeling really ill and did not get up til almost 9 am. Sinus real bad - causing scratchy throat and upset tummy - frequent bathroom trips. Felt better after shower and taking zyrtec.

BF is really sick - last night started w/diarhea and vomitting and migraine - not sure what is causing what. Still in bed all day and night and despite taking phenergan suppository he is still vomitting. Still has slight headache. I am worried about him. He has a doctor appointment tomorrow at 1:40 and I may call out sick to take him.

Since all this illness is happening I may decide to put off the trip to Houston and change all my plans tomorrow....we'll see.

Diet today was not low carb - the only thing I could stomach this morning was grits. Later I had a very small burger and then crackers and dry cereal.......I still feel bad scratchy throat and sinus drip. I am thinking I may take Nyquil tonight (in a few minutes and try to sleep it off). I have a lot of work tomorrow and training in the afternoon but it will depend on what happens thru the night tonight with BF. Every time I think I am getting back on track something happens that I use as an excuse to get off....

I did make it to the cemetary and brought flowers to my Mother....I miss her terribly....it has been 8 years since she died and it still hurts so much - we were best friends - we talked several times a day and saw each other all the time. I have been lost without her. She left me much too soon.

Okay, enough of all that - tomorrow will be a better day - it has to be...............

I will watch the news at 10 and then go to sleep - hopefully.

Last edited by Debbi; 05-09-2010 at 07:08 PM..
Old 05-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Rough night last night. Bf very sick and could not hold anything down. Sharing a bathroom means I get to clean up each and every time so I can use it too. I am officially sick as well so I am taking it easy - no exercise. Feels like another upper respiratory illness - this time no usable insurance since my deductible is 2800.

Left work early to take BF to headache doctor - they gave him an injection of Toradol which only helped a little and script for suppositories that nobody here carries - Walgreens ordered them but they will not be in til tomorrow afternoon. He still has the headache and just took more headache medicine. He is holding down small bits of food and drink since late last night so thats good.

My food is all over the place so I don't even want to talk about it. Took Nyquil last night and plan on taking it again tonight.

Canceled the Houston trip this weekend - no way - changed it to Memorial week end

Dog has to be groomed tomorrow am - hoping BF can take her. He has been off his bipolar meds in fact all meds since Sat am. Getting worried about that. He will have to take them in the am. hopefully he can hold them down. He has an appt w/his reg doctor tomorrow evening so maybe they can give him a shot for nausea if he is not better.

My gyno called in a script for the combipatch to try - I will get it tomorrow and see what happens............

Out for now.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Sick, sick , sick for over a week now. Finally went to the doctor yesterday - upper respiratory infection again - no antibiotics but daytime cough pill, night time cough med w/codeine,zytec D and Rx steroid nasal spray. Now I have the white coating back on my tongue.

This morning after my coffee and blowing my nose a million times I took a B5 and coq10 and felt very energetic so I did my Linda Evans exercise dvd. Breakfast was a fage total w/cherries (should not have had that). Then I totally crashed and could barely hold up my head. BF wanted to go to get a burger - I tried but couldn't do it so I started to come back home, changed my mind and pushed through it. I had a well done burger - completely plain no mayo nothing. Came home and cleaned my tongue and drank an Emerg C - now I have energy again and feel better. Now BF has a migraine.....uggggggggghhhhhhhh!!

Joined the Atkins 72 challenge that is starting up. My official first day will be tomorrow. Strict strict strict - I am not sabotaging myself this time. Lots of eggs, some bacon, butter, meat, fish, chicken, turkey, lettuce, EVOO and lemon,very limited cheese. Lots of water and supplements and gentle exercise. Hoping this will work. Have to remember it will only work if I work it!! Just want to feel better............

Ended up not going to work at all on Friday because my doctor's appointment was for 1:20 - and I felt so bad. Unfortunately that means I used 1 of my 5 alloted sick days for the year!! I sure hope a better job comes along soon with better benefits and working environment and parking etc....

Last edited by Debbi; 05-15-2010 at 05:05 PM..
Old 05-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday: Down 2.4lbs!!!!
Exercise: 50 min anti aging dvd ( just ok )
B=2 eggs/1 tsp butter/2T shredded cheese/coffee
ate late so no lunch
D= (will be) pork chop in EVOO w/garlic, pepper, oregano and probably green beans or broccoli or asparagus.
Then a coffee

Could not find any decent baby bibb lettuce - will have to look next week. I still have a lot to do today - cook, fix lunch for tomorrow, get clothes ready etc.

The good news is I feel better - not 100% but better than yesterday.

Tomorrow's game plan is:
Exercise = 0 (I plan to take Monday's off unless it is a holiday and possibly Fridays)
B= eggs and coffee
L= left over porkchop and veggie
D= egg w/a little cheese and coffee

I really feel like I can do this.....it is lunch that always catches me off guard - if I can get through tomorrow I will most likely be okay. Fingers are crossed.

Exercise DVDs I would really like to do this week are: The original Buns of Steele for Legs; Kick boxing dvd; Leslie's walk away the hips and thighs; winsor pilates cardio and legs and pilates 40+ upper body; stretch dvd; Stormie O'Martian video.

Also want to take my friend's daughter to dinner for her birthday and give her her gifts but she is going out of town again Thursday - so I guess it will have to be next week.

Off to cook!!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Dinner is done - still hungry but not starving - more in my head hunger. No more food tonight - - - -Pork chop was over cooked and I ended up having a broccoli/cauliflower mix in the bag w/cheese sauce - didn't eat much. Also had another 1/2 Emergen C today and I really think these help me feel better.

Gonna try really hard to stick to this.

Having some hot flashes. I have not put the patch on yet - I want to see if I can lose weight without it.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

No exercise as planned.
Weight is down another pound

B=coffee /cheese
L=1 slice low sod ham + 2 sl xtra thin low sod swiss
D=1 egg + shredded cheese and coffee

Between this upper respiratory thing and low carbing my throat is sooooooo dry. It's really bad. I am still up coughing all night.

Tomorrow I plan on exercising and not getting to work until 8:30 am. Plan on bacon and eggs for breakfast, tuna for lunch and egg + whites for dinner w/a little cheese + coffee.

I really need/want to cook but BF is so particular and I am so tired when I get home - I need to find some EASY, FAST low carb recipes......off to hunt them down!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Tuesday: Weight: Maintained
Exercise: Essentrics lower body - floor segment and 2 short cardio segments. Did not have enough time to really exercise -it looked like rain and I needed to leave early to get a spot in the parking garage near the office. Since I am still sick I did not want to chance it. Turns out it is raining now and really bad!

Food :
B=coffee + 1 cheddar babybel cheese (forgot I also had 1/2 of an atkins shake and realized it was not on atkins 72 induction)
L=Tuna in olive oil
S=1 cheddar babybel cheese
D= 1 egg + butter + coffee

They have started to replace the floor in the condo and it should be done by the end of the week. Hopefully this will help it to sell.....I either need to sell it or find a job back in Houston and move back - I cannot afford to pay for two houses any longer.

Bf went to the doctor and found out he is borderline diabetic. He eats nothing but carbs and sugar - cupcakes, candy etc....tons of bread. He will have to make some major changes. I wish I could get through to him.

Tomorrow the rain should be through so hopefully I can get in some decent exercise.

OMG - the termites are swarming......there will be at least 2 weeks of this......it is horrible you cannot go outdoors between 8 and 10 pm without them getting all over you.ughhh I hate this time of year because of the swarms.........it is always in May around Memorial Day.

I should not have eaten that tuna, I can feel in my fingers the fluid retention from the sodium.

This oil spill is just horrible - now the restaurants are being affected because no one wants to eat seafood and they are going to sue BP. The emphasis on drilling should be on prevention then we wouldn't have to worry about clean-up. Valdez (sp?) did not teach any one anything - same thing w/Katrina - the levees still are not sufficient.

I am glad it is Wednesday tomorrow - you can see the light at the end of the week on a Wednesday!!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Still maintaining no loss - no exercise - still feeling bad and on meds. Will try tomorrow to exercise. Eating is still on plan.

Bad day at work don't want to re-hash it but it was really bad. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

BF thought he lost his cell phone (again) and was driving all over trying to find it but luckily it was under the sofa.

We go out as a group at work (a few of us) from time to time and our next outing is going to be to see the new Sex in the City movie and go have cocktails after - should be fun!!

Plan for tomorrow is to try to exercise!! I am also going to boil some eggs so I can take two for lunch tomorrow and tomorrow night I really want a plain burger - craving it! Breakfast will be bacon and coffee.

I really need to get some good cardio in tomorrow I hope I feel okay.