LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clutterbug
Stats: 235/221/172
WOE: Back to Atkins
Start Date: Started LC in March '08
What a long, strange trip it's been...

I'm hoping to keep this journal as a place to note progress, share mistakes, get support and just generally process this whole strange trip. So please, feel free to drop in with any comments...I welcome your presence here!

Let me share a bit about myself and this weight loss trip....

Let's see...I'm a 31 year old mother of 3. My youngest is just over a year old. I started getting busy losing weight at about 10 months postpartum. I started Atkins and have lost about 20 lbs. in about 4 months, but mind you this is being sporadic with Atkins. The longest stretch I've had ended last week and it was 2.5 weeks of good clean eating and being in ketosis. I was quite proud of myself for going that long. It ended this time when I got a UTI and drank cranberry juice to get rid of it. Then a wedding over the weekend, and now a big family holiday coming up for this weekend. I'm not quitting by any means, but I've decided to be a bit more relaxed about things until the holiday weekend is over. So starting on Monday, the 7th, I'll be doing an induction of sorts and trying to get into ketosis and weight loss once again.

I have about 40 more lbs. to lose. The weight I've lost thus far has been baby weight. From here on out is weight I gained before I had my first child. That's the major hump for me. I feel like I'm at a critical point right now. If I can drop below 200 (that's 12 more lbs.), I'll feel like I've really accomplished something amazing. I'm thrilled to be at my lowest since I've had kids, but I really need to get past this point. Especially if I'm going to be a cute preggo next time!

So far, every time I've jumped back into Atkins over the last 4 months after taking a short break for whatever reason, I am still simply amazed that it actually works! In all honesty, I'm not even looking forward to having this holiday weekend off. I just want to get back on plan and start losing, but I know when I'm staring at that stuffed pizza I'll feel a little differently! Monday, monday, monday!

I need a short term goal to keep me motivated. I have my goal jeans that come out from the basement periodically, but I'd like another goal to shoot for. My 10th anniversary is in a month and a half from now. I could definitely get to onderland by then, don't you think? I do. That's my current short term goal.........Onederland by my 10th anniversary! Now that's exciting! Add to that I will be visiting some old friends around that time. It would be great to be looking visibly thinner by the time I see them again. They would be thrilled for me.

OK....that's enough for now...I'll add more later as I think of it.

I'm glad to be here!

What you do every day is more important than what you do once in a while.
~Gretchen Rubin

Aiming for the 170's. Journaling about it here.

clutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2008, 06:53 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

I mentioned in my intro at the main lobby that I'm into traditional foods a la Weston A. Price. We eat pasture-raised meat and have an organic garden. I've made kefir and sauerkraut. I also make chicken broth (with the feet!). It makes me feel quite back to the earth to do all those things, but I quite enjoy it.

Last night I had this, "Oh my goodness...I"m such a hippie" feeling as I walked out to the garden with my baby in her wool diaper cover to pick some spinach a few minutes before dinner. It was kind of fun. My dad was into all those back to the land things in the seventies, so I feel like I'm just doing what's in my genes!

But what I love about low carb is how well it fits into a traditional foods approach. As a matter of fact, many traditional cultures just naturally ate low carb because that's what was available to them. When I first read WAP's book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, I remember being shocked at the Masai tribe in Africa. They basically eat beef, blood, and milk. That's it, and their health is perfect. That is so amazing!

So I feel like losing weight this way is just an extension of eating traditionally. I don't feel like I have to compromise any of my food beliefs to do this like I would if I were eating low fat (ewwww!!).

Gotta love the low carb!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Here it is...Monday morning and I'm back as promised.

I ate rather worse than I had hoped over the weekend and gained rather more than I had hoped, as well. Ahhh, well, you live and learn. I ate ridiculously and paid for it, but I'm glad to be back on the wagon. It tasted good, but I don't know if it was really worth it. Water under the bridge now. I'm moving on....

Speaking of water, I can tell I gained a bunch of water weight over the weekend. My fingers are like little puffy sausages. I am going to drink a gallon of water today, and I'm taking some Swanson Detoxilean supplements to help clear out yucky stuff.

I had gotten away from taking supps, so starting today I will be taking my prenatal vitamin daily, plus Evening Primrose Oil and CLA. I also am going to be taking a probiotic supplement daily.

I am going to spend part of today planning my Induction food. I think I'll try to stay on Induction this time for 7 days and then start moving up the ladder. That's the current plan, anyway. I feel like keeping this public journal will keep me a bit more accountable with my carb counts. I need to keep under 20 g. for this first week.

My current stats are embarrassing, but what do I have to lose?

I gained 6 lbs. over the weekend. AAaaaccckkkk!

So I am at 218 lbs. I totally can do this, though, so I'm not going to beat myself up. I am excited to do this. It's going to rock! I'll report my weekly losses on Mondays.

I don't have my food planned out for today, but this morning I had coffee and and a Cappuccino Egg Cream for a total of 4 carbs....so far, so good. I'll report the rest of my food later today.

So glad to be back on Atkins today!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Made it to my goal of 20 carbs for today!

L: Chicken salad with fresh herbs in a pepper half
S: 2 slices cheese
D: Linda's White Castle Cheeseburger Pie with sauteed kale and some cucumber

A little hungry now, so I think I'll head to bed.

Cheers!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Day 2 went well. Took my supps and ate around 20 g. carbs:

B: 3 eggs with cheese, coffee with cream
L: Leftover casserole and kale, cucumbers, pepper, cheese
S: Pepperoni chips
D: Steak, mashed cauli, and green beans with butter
plus a little homemade LC cheesecake cupcake

I was more hungry today in the afternoon, but that was because my lunch was quite small. There wasn't much casserole left, maybe a third of a serving. I also didn't go shopping like I should have. I did get my list made, though, so tomorrow after breakfast it'll be hauling all 3 kids to the store...I hate that! I like to shop on weekends or evenings by myself, but right now getting LC food in the house is more important.

And can I just say that I love Lindasue's recipe site, Dana Carpender's cookbooks, and Cleochatra's blog?! The holy trinity of LC recipe heaven. There is no end to the good recipes. Oh, and I'm loving Lauren's Healthy Indulgences website as well, though I haven't made any of her recipes yet. Perhaps in a week or two when I'm on my way a bit farther up the ladder.

Oh! And how could I forget to mention I'm 3 lbs. down this morning?! All that water from the weekend went whooshing away...can you hear it? Now for the other 3 lbs....I swear I've lost weight since this morning. We'll see...I only officially weigh in first thing in the AM. I feel great, though, and that's what matters.

See you tomorrow!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3: Check
Lost weight: Check
Feel great: Check
Supplements: Check
Under 20 g: Check

B: 3 eggs, 1 slice cheese, coffee with cream
L: Wendy's Triple Cheese, no bun, no ketchup with 1/4 yellow bell pepper
S: Pork rinds
D: Sausage Quiche, side salad with cukes and blue cheese dressing

Pondering exercise today....I used to do Leslie Sansone's walking videos. Thinking about doing T-Tapp. Not sure what to do and feeling too lazy to begin. I feel like I need to tackle one big mountain at a time or I'll just fall in a heap at the bottom and not conquer ANY of them! So I'm climbing the eating mountain at the moment, and it's going great, but honestly, it takes a lot of effort to do it well. I have to plan well and think clearly and often about eating. I know this will get easier with time. I don't want to tie my exercise into my eating, cuz if the exercise stops, I don't want the eating to stop, too. Does that make sense? I'm kind of a baby with the bathwater person sometimes. So I think I'll wait until I'm really comfortable with the eating before I add in regular exercise. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to pull ole Leslie out again and give her a spin once or twice a week, though. Perhaps that's what I'll do. I'll start with a goal of doing a video once a week for the next few weeks. Is that doable or what??

So apparently somebody is out there reading this, cause I sure as heck ain't reading my own journal 40+ times. Hi! Feel free to say hello. I don't bite!
Old 07-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Didn't get a chance to update last night, but still doing great on Induction so far.

Yesterday my carbs were so low (14 g) that I got to add in a 6 g dessert! And it was a good thing, too, because I was hungry!

B: Sausage Quiche, coffee with cream
L: Meatballs with mayo and mustard, small salad with blue cheese dressing
S: Pork rinds
D: General Tso's Chicken, red pepper, cucumber
Dessert: Homemade Lemon Cheesecake Filling....yummm!

So that was Day 4 of re-induction and I'm down 7 lbs. for the week! Yay!!!

I'm thinking of adding in 5 more carbs on Monday. I haven't really done the proper up the ladder thing yet, and I figure I better do things by the book. Of course, this won't be 2 weeks of induction, but it's just a short re-induction since I had gotten off track for a week. That's ok, right? I better ask in the main lobby.

My excitement about Atkins and losing weight is still high, so that's good. When I think about losing more weight, it just makes me smile. This is so easy compared to going low fat (hungry all the time!) or Fat Flush (hungry and sick all the time....at least for me, plus complicated and requiring a lot more preparation time...and expensive!). I heart Atkins! I am just so thrilled, I can't stop saying that! I know there will come a time when I'm not quite so enamored, but hopefully by then I'll be down so much I'll be able to look at my before photos and be re-inspired!

OK...onto another day of low-carbing it....Here we go!
Old 07-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babymama
Stats: 200/150/135
WOE: Atkins-low carb
Start Date: January 16 2010/2++/induction again
Hey

Hey clutterbug,
Just been reading your journal and I to am starting induction over. Hope I can keep it up this time. I am on day two and gone down a pound. I originally lost 15 but fell off wagon. So hopefully we can lose these pounds!
Babymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:18 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymama View Post
Hey clutterbug,
Just been reading your journal and I to am starting induction over. Hope I can keep it up this time. I am on day two and gone down a pound. I originally lost 15 but fell off wagon. So hopefully we can lose these pounds!
Hey! Thanks for dropping in! We can SO lose these pounds! The way I figure it, I've already lost 20 lbs. just being uncommitted, I can't wait to see what happens now that I feel like my mind is finally ready to do this thing!

Let's DO IT!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:45 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Back from the weekend where my eating was a little spotty, but still induction friendly. My major issues were eating fewer vegetables than I had been. This was a result of less planned eating and more off the cuff, digging in the refrigerator eating. Happily, I had all the right foods on hand to be able to do that and still stay on plan, a major victory for me! So I'm quite pleased with how the weekend went. Additionally, I was at a gathering at a friend's house last night where there was NOTHING I could eat....so I ate nothing! Unheard of for me, but quite wonderful. Iced tea...that's what I sucked down all night.

I'm a little that I haven't lost any weight since Friday...I'm actually up a pound. BUT I'm down a total of 7 lbs. for the week, so who am I to complain? I had gotten used to getting up every morning (at the beginning of the week) to see 2 or 3 lbs. gone. Intellectually, I know I can't sustain that rate of loss for long, but it sure was fun!

Now I was going to go up 5 carbs this week, but I still have 39 lbs. to lose and I'll probably get pregnant soon, so I want to lose more quickly rather than more slowly. I'm in a bit of a dilemma! Part of me wants to enjoy the varied food with more carbs, but I also want to get these pounds off. Aaaaackk! What should I do? Today's the deciding day.

I've been sitting here for a few minutes thinking about this....despite all my excitement to move up the carb ladder....I really, really want to keep losing quickly. One more week on induction is not difficult, especially at my level of commitment at the moment. I hereby state that I will do induction for 7 more days. You heard it here first, folks!

Now to the nitty gritty...It's weigh-in day!
Last Monday: 218
Today: 211
I know, I know...it wasn't that exciting 'cuz I'd already told you above I'd lost 7 lbs, but one must be official about these things, musn't one?

So, off to another week of induction, whereby I will kick some serious poundage in the butt. Yeeeeehaw! Can't wait....
Old 07-16-2008, 02:32 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

I get knocked down, but I get up again....

OK.....I screwed up yesterday. Consumed massive amounts of carbs via starch and sugar, no veggies, minimal water. It was ugly.

I'm over that and moving on. The scale, bless its little pea-picking heart, didn't move and my ketostix are faintly pink. I'll take small miracles when I can get them.

Today I'm aiming for a good low carb, induction day.
So far:

B: 2 uncured hot dogs with mustard and mayo
L: egg salad on lettuce
S: 2 small marinated mozzarella balls
D: probably tuna salad on lettuce, cucumber, more mozzarella (yum!)

And now, I'm ready to see that scale start moving again. It's been 5 days. No one likes to be on any diet and not see some downward movement. Let's get it going, Mr. Scale.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Had several good days in a row...feeling good about the weekend.
Scale is moving down. Looking forward to a weigh-in on Monday.

Just read a great book: Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet. It's a great read with a low carb plan. Some of it was not applicable to me (ie makeup and fashion advice....I don't really go there!), but overall it was fun to read, inspiring, and a good plan. I'll keep it in mind as a recommendation if anybody asks, along with DANDR, of course!

I have not kept my WATP promise...I haven't done any exercise videos this week, but I have engaged in some real-life exercise and so don't feel a bit guilty! I've played softball, gone bike-riding, and taken a walk or two. Besides hauling around my heavy kids!

As far as induction goes, I'm not really doing induction, but I am keeping my carbs to an induction level. I'm eating yogurt every once in a while though. I don't consider that a cheat since it's a "legal" food...can anyone say Fage rocks? I love, love, love that stuff.

Happy eating!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:50 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: speedymagee
Stats: highest176/now150/145ish
WOE: CAD
Hi Clutterbug,

I've just been reading your journal. WTG on your induction, if your version of LC works for you than go for it!

I'm going to see if I can find that book you mentionned (Nutrition and Degeneration) at the library.
speedymagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Hey speedymagee...thanks for stopping by! And congratulations on your great weight loss!

That book might be a little hard to find at the library....I got it through my library by doing an interstate-library loan. Just ask your reference librarian! It's a very interesting book and worth the extra trouble to find!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:39 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Monday morning and I'm still here! That counts for something, right?

Officical Weigh-In: 210
That puts me down only 1 pound from last week, but let's just say I didn't have the cleanest week in the world. I nibbled on this and snacked on that. So I'm going to take a 1 lb. loss and run with it. But I'm also vowing to do better this week. No extra nibbles on off-plan food. It's not a good idea, it's not worth it, and it's not even all that enjoyable.

Food today:
B: Egg Cream Cappucino
L: Tuna Muffins and salad
D: Laredo Pot Roast and loaded broccoli

This week my goals are to stay on-plan every moment, use Fit Day (I notice I slack off when I'm not recording every bite...How many carbs does 3 bites of a cinnamon roll have?), drink my water, and be prepared for every situation that's thrown at me.

BTW, I guess the honeymoon is finally over, but I still love Atkins. When I look at all the lovely food choices I have, really all my favorite foods in the world, I'm thankful to have found this way of eating. It really is like a dream come true. I'm sticking with it.

Off to conquer another week.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Clutterbug,

A pound is a pound! It's all about changes you can live with anyway, so it seems to me you're going in the right direction.

I wasn't able to find that book at my library. You don't know the author off-hand, do you? I'll do a search online for more info and then go to the library in person (just checked for it online).

How are you liking the egg cream? I've read so much about them in the main lobby, but I keep having flashbacks to my youth when the movie Rocky came out and my sister and I tried drinking raw eggs I will try them one of these days I'm sure.

Anyway take care,
sandy
Old 07-24-2008, 07:04 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, Sandy...The book is Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price. Definitely ask for it next time you're at the library. It's fascinating! Now I'm tempted to order it again!

I love the egg creams. I'm not weirded out at all by raw eggs, as long as they're mixed in something else. I'm able to eat almost anything if I know it's good for me! But those drinks are awesome! If they're made right, they taste like a gourmet coffee shake that would have cost $5 at an upscale shop. I love them! I think they're best sweetened with erythritol (I have Organic Zero), but I don't have a lot of different sweeteners. As a matter of fact, I think I'll go make one right now! Yum!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:12 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I'm sort of in an emotional slump as the weight loss slows down. I know that 1 or 2 lbs. a week is good, but *whiny voice* I wanna lose it all noooowwww!

Other than that, things are going fine. I enjoyed some garden fresh tomatoes yesterday for lunch and dinner. Delicious! And I've tried macadamia nuts for breakfast a couple of times and found that I like that. Just 1/4 cup fills me up enough (I'm not always real hungry in the morning) to get through until lunch, and talk about quick!

So I have been expanding my food choices, which I'm sure has slowed down the loss a bit, but at this point, I guess that's a trade-off I'm willing to make. As SpeedyMagee always says, "It's all about changes you can live with!"

I'm gearing up to order some NuNaturals Stevia and a 5lb. bag of erythritol online...I'd like to make some yummy desserts and I can't eat Splenda without feeling a little bit dirty. Although, I did have an excellent 3 minute Chocolate Cake the other night with it!

More later....(and thanks for reading! You all keep me accountable my silently reading all of this jibber-jabber!)...
Old 07-26-2008, 05:35 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babymama
Stats: 200/150/135
WOE: Atkins-low carb
Start Date: January 16 2010/2++/induction again
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterbug View Post
Well, I'm sort of in an emotional slump as the weight loss slows down. I know that 1 or 2 lbs. a week is good, but *whiny voice* I wanna lose it all noooowwww!

Other than that, things are going fine. I enjoyed some garden fresh tomatoes yesterday for lunch and dinner. Delicious! And I've tried macadamia nuts for breakfast a couple of times and found that I like that. Just 1/4 cup fills me up enough (I'm not always real hungry in the morning) to get through until lunch, and talk about quick!

So I have been expanding my food choices, which I'm sure has slowed down the loss a bit, but at this point, I guess that's a trade-off I'm willing to make. As SpeedyMagee always says, "It's all about changes you can live with!"

I'm gearing up to order some NuNaturals Stevia and a 5lb. bag of erythritol online...I'd like to make some yummy desserts and I can't eat Splenda without feeling a little bit dirty. Although, I did have an excellent 3 minute Chocolate Cake the other night with it!

More later....(and thanks for reading! You all keep me accountable my silently reading all of this jibber-jabber!)...
Have you tried liquid splenda with 0 carbs?
I've been off plan and gained a lil weight back I'm back on induction and hoping to get to goal this time for real, its only about 10 pounds and I'd be happy.
Babymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, you're so close! I'm sure you can do it, Babymama!

I've never seen liquid Splenda. Hopefully this order of almost $50 worth of sweeteners will keep me in business for awhile!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Monday again....I can't believe I've stuck to it this time for so long. I'm so proud of me. I have such a bad history of not following anything out to its conclusion. I think my husband of 10 years is bamboozled as to why I'm actually able to stick this one out! Last night we went for a family bike ride and stopped at a gas station for drinks. He bought junk food and junk drinks for him and the kids. They ate and then as we biked home he's like, "It's not fun getting junk food anymore since you can't eat it." And I'm like, "Do you want me to quit?" And he says no...but he misses that part of us, I guess. Which I understand but refuse to return to. So we discussed foods he could buy for me at a gas station so I could eat with the family. And he was happy to know there are things I can eat there....jerky, nuts, pork rinds.

Which leads me to my next topic, one that's been on my mind for a week or so. We are giong on vacation in August. First of all, we haven't been on a real vacation in 6 or 7 years, so this is very exciting. We're driving from Ohio to Colorado where we will visit a few different friends and family members. I've been stockpiling ideas of things to eat, but I'm nervous that I'll just completely fall off the wagon. I refuse to gain 6 pounds like I did over the Fourth. I just refuse. This won't be easy, though, as part of the time we'll be eating at a friend's house. I'm going to let her know I need meat and veggies, but I don't want to offend. Anyway, just what's been on my mind.

Official Monday weigh-in: 208! Hooray...2 lbs. down.

Not looking like I'll meet my goal of 199 by August 15 (the middle of our vacation, BTW!) but I'm ok with that. The scale is going down, and that's what matters. I'm not going to get hung up on goals. If I keep losing 2 lbs. a week, I'll be at goal by Christmas which sounds just fabulous to me! Of course, there may be a few bumps in the road in between here and there, but a bump will NOT throw me all the way off course. Wow...at goal by Christmas. I never counted out how long it might take me before. That's still 5 months away...a long time and yet not so long when I've been fat for who knows how long? 7 or 8 years at least. This will be great! I can see the end of the road and it's Atkins the whole way.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Whoops! Forgot to do my Monday update yesterday....I've been on a bit of a up and down cycle this last week. I lost 3 lbs. in the first part of the week and was down to 205 on Friday and subsequently gained up to 209 by Monday morning. Eeek! But I lost part of that yesterday and am down to 207 this morning. I had a deliberate cheat and now I must pay!

I'm totally committed to getting down under 200 and soon. We leave on vacation in 5 days and my big challenge is just going to be getting through that with minimal damage (whatever that means!). I will do what I can to stay on plan throughout the 10 days of vacation.

In other news, I never did keep to my goal to do WATP once a week, but I've started T-Tapping this week. I've done it 3 times so far and am so sore, but in a good way! I plan on purchasing the basic workout soon. Right now I'm just doing a couple of the flat stomach exercises. I'm looking forward to seeing how T-Tapp will help shape my body. I've been inspiring myself by re-reading Fit and Fabulous in 15 Minutes this week.

Was at the doctor late last week for some blood work and am waiting for my results. This should be really interesting! I know I'm looking forward to seeing how my results compare to my other bloodwork test from the past 8 years or so. My doctor is very pro-Atkins, so I feel like I have the support I need in that area, which is so great!

Back to it now...
Old 08-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Just a quick check-in so you know I haven't fallen off the edge of the earth...

Back from vacation. Damage was minimal, as hoped! I gained about 6 lbs. I was going to jump back into induction when I got home but couldn't mentally gear myself up for it. Just started eating the way I was before I left. That worked OK...lost a few lbs. but was up again this morning and I've noticed that I'm hungrier and craving more sweets. Decided this was a sign that I needed to re-induct to get a hold of my blood sugar. I thought about waiting until after the holiday weekend, but I'm tired of putting off weight loss for "special events" (note that I gained in July during holiday and August during vacation, then I spend all my time trying to lose what I gained...not going there right now!). So re-inducted this morning. Have plenty of food in the fridge that is on plan, so lack of planning shouldn't be a problem (as it often can be for me).

Hubby wants to go out tonight and told me to pick the restaurant. Just read Cleo's post on Red Robin, so I figure that's as a good a place as any. Bunless burger for dinner tonight!

So I've been bouncing around between 212-205 for 6.5 weeks now! Yikes...it's always shocking to look those things up and see the truth of the matter. I'm doing a clean induction until I get to my mini goal of 199. Otherwise, I don't think I'll ever get there. Wish me luck!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Funny how things don't always work out the way you'd hoped. I started my clean induction, and didn't lose much the first few days, but then it started falling off! I lost about 6 lbs. in 3 days or something like that. But right about that time as I hit my all time Atkins low of 202 lbs., I hurt my back quite badly. I couldn't walk for the first day, and was reduced to eating whatever I could grab. My DH had to go shopping (a very rare occurence) and while he bought some things I could eat, I could no longer do a clean induction. So I did what I had to do, and then some. I figured, well, I might as well have a few bites of this and that since I'm already off plan..... But I didn't let that go on for long as I didn't want to fight anymore. I'm still ready to get below 200....so I started in today, not at induction levels, but at NO CHEAT levels. I'm not going to track my carbs again until I can get to a grocery store. I guess I'm being a real control freak, but I think when it comes to weight loss like this you really have to be.

As the weather has started to cool off just a bit, I started trying on some long pants and jeans I haven't tried in a while and was pleasantly surprised! Several pairs were just too big and they went right in the give away bag. And several others are looking quite nice, which is always fun. Today I wore some pants I haven't worn since before I was pregnant with my son who was born almost 6 years ago. I consider that quite an accomplishment. And, barring another pregnancy, I look forward to going shopping again soon for some even smaller sizes. I know I say it all the time, but losing weight is so much fun!

I have definitely had my ups and downs throughout this continuing journey, but I feel so in control of my eating now. I know what I need to do, and I know it works. It's so refreshing! I also have learned that I can take a meal off if I want and not harbor guilt about it, but just continue on as if it never happened. I've never been successful with losing weight like this before and I just feel so empowered by it all. It makes me feel kind of like when I had my babies naturally--like if I could do that, I can do anything. It's quite a wonderful way to live! I highly recommend it.

Oh, I forgot to mention that by reaching 202 I am exactly half way to my goal! Now to lose that next pesky 30 lbs......!
Old 09-10-2008, 06:26 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Clutterbug,

Congratulations on being halfway there!

Keep it up!
sandy
speedymagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks a bunch, Sandy! I really appreciate it. I see you are seriously rocking your goal! Nice going to you, too!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

After another setback, I'm here again to get myself straightened out. We lost power yesterday due to Hurricane Ike visiting us in Ohio. I ate the processed junk my hubbie brought home from the grocery because he wouldn't let me open the refrigerator for fear the cold air would escape too quickly! So today has been carb-fest galore, but I'm readying myself to go back on track tomorrow. Maybe it's not a bad thing to have a day where you just eat anything you want. Just like my last carbfest in July, I am VERY ready to eat healthy again. I look forward to it.

Back on track tomorrow.

Goals for the next 14 days:

1. 25 carbs or less per day
2. All supplements every day
3. Lots of water every day

I'll post in here more often, as I need the accountability to stick to it. Unfortunately my weight has gone up over the past week or two of setbacks. I'll post my starting weight for this little mini-challenge in the morning. I have a feeling it's going to be over 205, so I'm readying myself now for that little disappointment. But it won't be that way for long. I'm blasting under 200 by October. Watch me!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Day 1 out of 14:

20 carbs
supps: yes
water: ok, could improve

Feeling pretty good today. After breakfast I wasn't hungry for a long time. Ate late lunch and dinner, though now it's midnight and I'm really hungry. Will go have snack in a minute, but I already calculated it into my carb count for the day. No cravings really today which is good, especially after all the sugar I had yesterday. Weighed in this morning at around 207.

My scale is dumb...I can't get a straight reading from it. It's the kind where the numbers spin around on a little dial and your current weight comes to rest on the red line. I can make it go up and down about 6 lbs. depending on where I put my feet. I want to get a more accurate scale. I'm tired of bouncing around on this one trying to get an accurate weight. I usually choose a weight somewhere in the middle of the range. This predicament makes me laugh when I see people who record their weight down to the tenth of a pound. I'm lucky if I get mine right to within a several pound margin!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #29
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: DiSa
Stats: 193/190/160
WOE: LC - 90 Day Blitz Challenge
Start Date: 6/28/2010
Sounds like your on track B.

Have you lost 30lbs in the past 6 months? (per your sig)
DiSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSa View Post
Sounds like your on track B.

Have you lost 30lbs in the past 6 months? (per your sig)
I am feeling quite on track, DiSa!

Yes, I've lost 30 lbs in the past 6 months and hope to put a dent in 30 more over the next 6, barring pregnancy and other complications to one's weight loss scheme!

Oh, and I just read your journal yesterday....thanks for stopping by mine, too!

Last edited by clutterbug; 09-17-2008 at 09:26 PM..