Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 11:23 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healed01
Stats: 183/142/135
WOE: Atkins/low carb
Start Date: May 23 2008
Tired but in bed now. I had a great day at work and now I'm in bed.
I have eaten less then 1500 according to my tracking

bk: 1TBS each of CO and CLO, 2 eggs fried in CO
lunch: tuna with mayo and veggies and ranch
dinner (1opm): 1.5 pork rib steaks (very fatty and good)
sugarless gum (4 pieces)

Plan is to have vodka tomorrow so I want to watch the calories and get some exercise in tomorrow: 30min run and abs.
healed01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibby View Post
Thanks for the party Lynne
Old 09-24-2011, 04:09 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bibby
Stats: 238/215/154
WOE: Food Combining (I know it's not low carb, but....)
Start Date: Feb 2011
-I'm exhausted now. Not used to all that dancing
Bibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Well it's sunday night and I'm getting ready for the week. Sat. was the big party and I kept calories low but I drank a lot of vodka and was feeling it. today was not bad.

weight:155lbs

bk: 2 eggs with salami coffee and 3 tbs of coffee cream and 1tbs of clo'
lunch: red robin bunless burger
dinner: pork with mayo and celery
snack: 1 tbs coconut manna and 1 tsp pb
Old 10-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

145lbs! I have been away from LCF for a long time but I'm happy to announce that my ED is over and I have gained control of my life in the eating world.
Focused on staying healthy and staying LC with knowing my CCL.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Interesting Post:

Been Combining MY JUDDD With Weight Watchers...Liking it so far!
hi all!
I haven't disappeared off the edge of the planet..and definately not from Juddd! What I have been doing is something new..Weightwatchers...the JUDDD way!

This is a LONG post, explaining how i do it...it may be of some interest to any weightwatchers interested in extra health benefits of JUDDDing..or any Juddder who fancies trying something new.

I will apologise now if anyone finds it boring...I am a bit of a nerd, and love playing about with numbers and formulations!

As some of you know, I started Juddd last August, and got to goal in October...where I have bounced gently up and down ever since.

Last month the bounces up were getting a little high, so I recommitted to a month of "vanilla" regular Juddd..and went right back to where i wanted to be 132-133!

Recently my friend, who has about 6 stone (84lbs) to lose, started weightwatchers, and was doing really well.

I remembered that a couple of fellow Juddders...I think Rachelocity was one..combined weight watchers and Juddd, so I decided to go along with my friend.

I am a WW Gold Member from about 12 years ago, and am still within my goal weight (thanks to Juddd) so I knew I wouldnt have to pay to join or go to meetings....and I remembered the social side of the meetings as being fun..so i went along with her 2 saturdays ago.

Despite being weighed in my jeans and shirt ( at home I leave NOTHING on...not even an earring..lol!)

I was still within my goal weight...so I got all the literature, and had a laugh with my friend through what was a very lively meeting. PLUS I won £5 worth of merchandise in the raffle...lol!

For anyone who is interested..here is how I do WW...the Juddd way!

For my age,weight and height I get 26 daily PP (propoints) (WW work out PP according to the Fat/Carbs/Protein/Fiber of each food) PLUS 49 pp per week, to use as i please.

Most fruit and veg are free (the exceptions being potatoes, parsnips, peas, sweetcorn and avacado).

Weight Watchers say you cannot carry any points over from one day to the next, but I can't imagine not Juddding, so I took no notice!

Although not an exact measurement a PP is roughly equivelent to 40 cals.

Being a bit of a geek I was happy to sit down with pen and paper, and work out how I could do Juddd using the WW formulation. Plus, after 9 months I was getting a bit of "diet fatigue" and into a bit of a rut with my food choices, so I figured this was just what I needed...and if I didnt like it...well I could always go back to plain juddding.

Heres what i figured:

I get 26pp a day
But as I want to do good UD/DD rotations I decided to do -

14pp/38pp, which = 52pp every 2 days...or 26pp a day!

Now, a regular weight watcher would use their extra weekly 49pp any day they wanted, but as I am juddding, I want to keep my DD's nice and low...and have LOTS to eat of my UD, so I decided tokeep my 49weekly pp's to use on extra food for my UD's...depending on my week (whether it has 3 or 4 UD's) this is equal to an extra 10-15pp each UD.

So, for example this week: (I go saturday to saturday as that is my weigh in day)
Sat - 57
Sun - 14
Monday - 48
Tue - 14
Wed - 48
Thur - 14
Fri - 48

This is 243 pp a week....the same total PP's as If I had been doing the regular 26pp a day, plus 49 weekly pp! (though some weeks it will be a few pp more, some a few less, depending on how many UD's in a week!)

And if I want a MD..well its just my original 26pp!

This gives a nice difference between my UD's and my DD's..according to my juddd calculator calculations...30%!

Hopefully nobody has nodded off yet..like I say, I am a numbers geek, and actually ENJOY doing this stuff..lol!

So I wondered...how many calories am I actually getting? Although not exact, as PP are worked more on a foods nutrition and satisfaction properties..a PP is roughly 40 cals, at an estimate.

So....
DD = 14pp x 40 = 560
UD = 48pp x 40 = 1920

This actually VERY close to my Juddd numbers!

You may wonder how all the free fruit and veg fit in? For me, it seems to work really well...I have found, just like on regular Juddd I eat more fruit & veg on my DD's...big mixed salads, homemade veg soups, stir fry's, fresh fruit, tinned fruit etc....but quite often with all the free fruit & veg I am too full to eat all of my 14pp...so it balances out well...and it DOES make DD's that little bit easier!

On UD's I can eat loads, just like on Juddd, but due to the way PP's are worked out I have been making healthier choices...basically cos I like a lot of food for my allowance...and the healthier foods are a bit lower in PP!

All in all I am enjoying having something new to sink my teeth into, while enjoying all the health benefits and easy maintainance of Juddd...plus I am enjoying the social side of the meetings.

Even better, I am bouncing down a bit lower now....131-132 rather than 132-133.

I beleive WW is a good weight loss system, but nothing beats the ease and health benefits of JUDDD...and I could never give up my UD feasting!

I have still been checking in on this forum...nothing can compare to it for friendliness and support...but it has taken me a week or two to "master" Weight watchers the JUDDD way. Now I have my head fully around it, I will be on far more...hope you still want me..lol!

Big hugs
Jo
x

What is my CCL?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...journal-6.html
Old 10-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

the above post is not mine but someone from the JUDDD forum
Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Looking at the NK thread to make getting to goal interesting. I believe my weight that was at 142lbs that has now crept up to 148lbs as of yesterday is a result of too much PB pie (LC) from xmas parties and having it daily. Though low carb, still lots of calories and carbs per slice...anyway I also splurged and had a huge bowl of pinneapple, 90% lindt 3 sqrs, and a bowl of chips. Next night I had some thrive diet smoothie which included a banana and some flax and hemp seeds. I did have some squash and mini eggs and tons of crackers.

Now I'm looking into NK to make getting back on track fun and exciting.
Based on the NK thread, my protein intake is 88 grams of protein and 2000 calories for my goal weight.

So based on 88 grams of protein times 4 = 352 calories from protein/2068 = 17% protein

80 = 1654
15 = 310
5 = 103
Old 01-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Rereading Atkins diet revolution and looking at sites. I was totally OP yesterday until the end of the night where I was served 1oz icewine which is totally sugared up. My carbs were at zero. My resolution is to find my CCL.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

from my weight gain of 148lbs, I'm now down one lb so at 147lbs. I am wondering if it is water weight or Peanut Butter weight...probably the latter ...haha..given that I had so much of it over the holidays. Anyway overall today was a very active day and with good food choices.
I'm really interested in finding my CCL but kinda lazy and love eating low carb not tracking calories and such but if I want to find my CCl then I'm going to have to start measuring things. Plus I am getting bored from time to time with my food choices and want to be able to add new things and not worry about it. I have to understand that weight loss will slow down but will be enjoying more of the freedom.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Ok, great news. I'm was down to 145lbs today!! woot woot....now I have to get to 142lbs back to where I was about 2weeks ago after that PB Pie. I was so on plan today but hungrier then expected. Had to go out and buy some salad full of protein items. Hit the spot. I am finding the the bulletproof coffees really provide me with energy to get the day morning and can't imagine not having it. I'm going to bring more food to work tomorrow.
Aside from an on plan day and feeling great in my skin, I managed to get some hot yoga (Bikram's) in. I love all the sweating and stretching. Though it is not high impact, the 90 minute workout is intense.
I'm 10 lbs away from goal!!! Let's go!

oh...and I have dry rubbed a fatty beef brisket in the fridge, ready to go in the slow cooker before I leave for work in the morning...dinner will be served.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Fat Bomb recipe that I want to try

So lemony and yummy.

Lemon Fat Bomb

1 ounce cream cheese, room temp.
2 Tablespoons butter, room temp.
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 Tablespoon sour cream
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
sweetener to taste

Stir together the cream cheese and butter. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth. Refrigerate until it stiffens up. If you are the impatient type, freeze for 20 minutes before eating.

Fat = 63.13 g
Protein = 2.84 g
Total Carbs = 1.58 g

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16167553
Old 01-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

I don't even want to document this but I fell off the wagon on Friday with some carbs and then got the bright idea that WW was the way to go. Felt like crap all weekend. Anyway, I'm so tired and hungover that I want to rest, read and remotivate myself.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Back on track today:

B: 2 eggs with bacon coffee and cream
Lunch: thai beef
water
Old 01-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Day 2: Back on track

BK: bulletproof with hwc and 1.5 T of EVCO, 3 eggs in OO, one sausage link
Lunch: leftover thai beef with one HB egg with 1 T mayo, more coffee and water
Dinner: Beef Brisket with dijon and cucumbers, 1/2 avocado
Dessert: LC Hot choc (1 t EVCO, 1T cocoa, 1 packet splenda, half and half)

I can't believe how amazing I feel on a high fat diet. Yes, I'm not counting calories and feel great on fat and I'm sure i'm beyond my points/calories but I feel great and slimmer then when I eat crap. I was soooooo miserable just 2 days ago and it is all true. I don't know why I get off and change when I'm happy this way. I guess I just need to be open to having higher carb days and to ensure overall I stay under 100grams on those "off" days but not go crazy and resolve to another way of life.
I was very pleased to be more productive today and more energetic and when I was craving dessert after dinner a warm beverage, high in fat was what I needed to keep me satisfied.
After doing some more work, I managed to do a class of Bikram's. Now showered in bed, I feel really complete for the day and want to get some rest. I have plans to have a great lunch and bk tomorrow and looking fwd to some more yoga with some friends.

I really want to stay focused and on track and believe I may step on the scale after my disaster of a weekend to start tracking where I'm at.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Feeling great! I was OP and with my new workout routine of just doing it more often, I have an appetite for my coffees in the morning and usually eat my eggs by 10am at my desk. As we ran out of half and half, I made my bulletproof coffee with butter. I tend to be getting more and more generous with my CO spoons as I really like the way it makes me feel, the energy it gives me and the fact that it does not make me gain weight. I got TOM last night and was happy to know that my weekend fiasco was really my hormones raging as I always feel that I have lost my mind...
Got another night of Bikram's in: 2 nights in a row. As for food:
BK: bp coffee with butter, 3 eggs and bacon
Lunch: turkey, mayo celery
snack: sf gum 3 pieces
dinner: 1/4 cup of thai beef, salad and 1/2 avocado

I'm really pushing to do IF and make sure that i have a 16 hour window where I have not eaten. So lets say today I had dinner around 6:30pm; rather finished eating at 6:30pm, that means that I can eat tomorrow starting at 10:30am...hmmm that's usually when I'm ready to "eat". I do have my bp coffee, but nothing else.

I'm planning to cook a pork shoulder at 3am at 225F in the oven dry on a rack. I'm rubbed it with a Jamaican Jerk sauce that I picked up when I was there 2 years ago. The house will smell like food overnight but it's worth the pork.

Enjoying more veggies in my diet with added fats. Really want to buy the following:
- green beans
- white turnip
- daikon
- pork belly to make bacon
- ingredients to make a pork hock soup
- heavy cream
Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Still haven't jumped on the scale but feeling really great in my clothes and I can always tell by how my face is shaped when I have gained weight or have lost weight. So I'm really liking the way things are working out.
Food was on plan and I did some walking home from my friends home.
B: 2 eggs, bacon, bp coffee with butter
lunch: thai beef with 3 eggs and mayo
dinner: pork jamaican jerk pork butt roasted in the oven for 12 hours
tea and sf gum, coffee and sf vanilla syrup

Don't have any eggs left so I'll have to figure out a good bk for tomorrow. I think what I'll do is I'll take some left over pork for bk with my bp coffee. And for lunch, well I can have some tuna and mayo. Dinner is unplanned. I should probably have some more pork.

I can't wait to get to 135lbs~
Old 01-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Jumped on the scale this morning. I am still on TOM but was surprised that my weight was 147.4lbs this morning. I have been feeling quite thin in my clothes and thought I was back down to the 144lbs range. Oh well. When I got dressed this morning I felt great. The Hot Yoga is really making a difference in my shape as far as my legs are concerned and I do find that my love handles are shrinking.

As for eats today:
BK: BP coffee with half and half, pepperoni, cheese, turkey with mayo
lunch at 2pm: big salad with tuna and 2 eggs and tons of olive oil, cheese and olives
dinner: 1 full avocado with salt and some used to make a choc. pudding with cocoa, protein powder and another raw egg. Also made and ate 1/2 of a protein cookie (2scoops of powder, 2 eggs, 2 T CO and water)

I looked at my huge tub of CO and was amazed that I finished it over the course of maybe 2mths! All that oil! and I have not put on any weight. Fat does not make you fat! I'm the proof!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Friday Friday. Feels good to be here.
Eats: bp coffee with hh, 3 eggs and bacon
lunch: pork butt
snack: coffee with sf syrup (1pump) and tons of cream
dinner: sashimi and edemame
dessert: homemade LC PB fudge and mock danish, cheese
Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Overall feeling great. Wasn't too soar from last nights bikram but I am a little tired from sleeping late and waking up early so hoping to get to bed early. Looking fwd for TOM to be over and to have a woosh of weight lost and get finally to 140lbs dammit! Anyway, I have plans to workout this weekend and see some friends.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

A week since my last post. Well overall feeling great. Didn't get on the scale this week until this morning, as I could feel that I did not lose any weight and didn't want to mess with the head. I did have 2 nights where I ate some treats that were not low carb and was ok with it mentally. Ate low carb the next day and was clean yesterday. Of course in those moments I start re-evaluating my diet options but I need to keep reminding myself about my CCL and that it's ok to go over the carb count as long as over the long haul you stay low. I have also determined that I exercising makes me so hungry; at least all the bikram I have been doing and was wondering if this really is helping me. I feel great and it is great for toning but when I got to 4/week, I was always famished. So this week, I didn't do any...Sunday was my last time. I do plan on going this weekend but I think I'll stick to 2x week and some walking and integrate some lifting and push ups to keep toned.
Work has been high pressure and I am waking up as to what I need to deliver and really excited about "the pressure" and I have quite a bit to do. On top of that I have some exams to right and I'm going to book my exam today so I have the date set and ready to go and will be free to know that it will be over! I am going to go look at this great website that I found called Maria's ...something journal. great recipes and all low carb.
MY goal today:
drink lots of water
study and book my exam
stay op
finish work reviews and send off some email
Old 01-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

oh...forgot to post that I did get on the scale this morning and I am 148lbs.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

OP day. Still feeling a little sluggish but stayed on plan. I have been reading about NK and got some books to read. Here are my ratios and numbers for 130lbs goal (18lbs away)

Protein: 88 grams aka 355 calories
Remainder: 1748 calories to be consumed

Carbs: less then 50grams and Total calories 2100 calories and 65-85% fat
Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

So TOM has not arrived and I have been missing for a few days (make a full week) b/c I am totally PMSing and I fell off the wagon. After 3 nights of having 4 turtles before bed and them some stuff, then resolving over the weekend to go on WW again, I am back on track. Here's to Day 1: I believe I need to find a way to diverse my foods without going crazy. I also re-read Dr. As book and he said that as soon as you have a bad meal get right back on track and never let it go beyong 5lbs. Anyway I have been really busy at work and super involved in my studies and glad that my wagon fall off did not interrupt my ability to do well with work stuff. Now back to the diet. After a day 1 induction, I'm not getting on the scale until I fell some confidence. I saw 154lbs! which is so crazy...that's 7lbs in 6days??!?! and 12lbs since xmas??? I know my clothes feel tight so there is some gain, but I hope some of it is PMS, most of it to come off as easy as it went on.

Here are my eats for today:
2 BP coffees
2 eggs and cheese
2 hamburgers with some vegges and cheese
Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

BK: BP coffee
lunch: 3 eggs, bacon, salad with one egg, olive oil, 1/2 avocado, 10 olives and veggies
dinner: 2 burger patties with mustard and some cheese, cucumber smothered in Greek dressing

TOM finally arrived! Went for a walk tonight and found out that my HWC has sucrose in it. I haven't had some for a week but I thought something was off when I was using it all the time and I was craving. grrrr... anyway things are calm again and I'm hoping to get back to 142lbs before my holiday. I'm downing the water and ready for bed. I have to get up early to shower, prepare my food, and go to work. Need some rest.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Well finally starting to feel good. I'm almost over TOM. It was a tough PMS and TOM this month and my off the wagon PMS really packed on the pounds. Since I saw 154lbs I have stepped on the scale after 2 LC days and I was down to 151lbs and have not been on since. I don't want the number to dictate how I feel towards low carb. Right now I am eating more then I was LC before the holidays. Naturally in the day I was I.F. where I was not eating much during the day except black coffee and then I would have a really late lunch around 2pm and then a nice dinner. Anyway, just focusing on staying LC and have since Monday really (5 days). Feeling much calmer. I'll be going away on holidays and we're staying at a cabin in the mountains. Really excited b/c I bought 2lbs pork shoulder with no bone and $3lbs pork butt with bone. So I'm planning to make some roast for dinner and some pulled pork for lunches. Of course I have to remember to bring my BP coffee material and other LC snacks to keep me happy.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

RECIPE MAKES 4 BARS

Protein Bar Base (peanut butter)
Ingredients:
1/4 cup natural peanut butter (any nut butter would work)
2 tablespoons organic unsalted butter OR coconut oil
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons heavy cream OR coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pure stevia extract (I used NuNaturals)
pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup whey protein powder (check for additives and carb content)

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Add nut butter, honey, and butter to a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for one minute. Remove and immediately whisk in vanilla extract and heavy cream or coconut milk. Stir in sweetener and pinch of salt. Taste and adjust if necessary. Stir in protein powder until mixture clumps together. Don't worry if it separates and some of the liquid weeps out of the dough. Press mixture as flat as you can into a greased loaf pan. I like to place a piece of wax paper over the dough and press it flat with a smaller loaf pan. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Let sit for 10 minutes in the pan. The dough will absorb all of the liquid that has bubbled up. Slice with a sharp knife and store in baggies. Does not need to be refrigerated.

Peanut Butter Topping:
Ingredients:
1/4 cup peanut butter (no-stir type preferred)
2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated shortening, unsalted butter, or coconut oil
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon heavy cream OR coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
sugar-free sweetener, to taste (I use NuNaturals stevia)
pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)

Preparation:
Add peanut butter, honey, and butter to a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for one minute. Remove and immediately whisk in vanilla extract and heavy cream or coconut milk. Stir in sweetener, xanthan gum (if using), and pinch of salt. Taste and adjust if necessary. Fold in peanuts and spoon on top of bars. Chill in freezer until firm, then transfer to refrigerator.

Easy Chocolate Ganache Topping
Ingredients:
4 squares of 85% cacao chocolate
2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated palm oil shortening (could also use more coconut oil or organic unsalted butter)
1 tablespoon erythritol
1/8 teaspoon pure stevia extract
1 teaspoon organic heavy cream (or full fat coconut milk)

Prep:
Powder erythritol in coffee grinder or magic bullet. Melt shortening and chocolate in microwave in for 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Stir in cream, erythritol, and stevia, until mixture is completely blended. Spread over cooled bars immediately. (I only did the bottoms, so this did not require the full recipe)

Nurtitional data per bar
Carbs (net): 12.3
Protein: 21.1
Fat: 48.9
Calories: 574

Calorie Breakdown:
Carbs: 11%
Protein: 14%
Fat: 75%
Old 02-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

the above recipe was from another forum.