Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
Quote:
Originally Posted by healed01 View Post
Day 1:
no comment...can't believe I'm back here on behavioural level...
Your awareness and knowledge have progressed; you are better armed.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 01:26 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: madonna1
Stats: 143/106/106
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2005
"urge to purge", I can so relate to this Fawn. Also I must admit the advice you give is what i am curently doing and I am reaping the benefits of the freedom of rollercoasting cravings.
healed01 I just want to say I know what you are going through, I am also battling but the past few days I have dropped pretty close to zero carb and that has helped (the support and advice from people on these boards have helped tremendously) I haven't read the diet cure but I know it is what I need to do. You will win this battle!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:42 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: madonna1
Stats: 143/106/106
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2005
Hello healed01
I can so relate to your posts. The binge purge thing has been with me for 24 years along with my obsessive compulsive tendencies, hell, is the only word that describes my relationship with food. I have gone zero carb and that seems to be working, max 10g a day (I count the carbs in coffee) It is actually not difficult for me as long as I don't allow myself to be influenced by other people and the world at large. I take it one day at a time like an alcoholic. You will win this battle, don't give up!!!
madonna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healed01
Stats: 183/142/135
WOE: Atkins/low carb
Start Date: May 23 2008
I can't believe this. It is my fault though.
Day 0: tomorrow is day 1
23 pts.
that's all and to track
healed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

wow. I just looked at a thread with some before and after fotos and it is so motivating seeing ppl with their weight loss efforts.
I'm so frustrated b/c I can't decide on a WOE and to stick with it. I love belonging to something or a WOL and I change it daily. I know I need to stick to one but I keep changing it.
I love DANDR but I fear myself when I can't have something. I want to get excited about me again. I'm also sick of complaining and just want to change. Got to clean my appartment and set things right.
Today's Eats Not low carb but lower than all the binges I've had all in the last 2 mths.

BK: 1 egg 4 laughing cows coffe and cream
snack: banana
lunch: breast with skin and veggies steamed
cappucino with soy milk and splenda
snack: veggies with pistachio dip, banana, cheese and I think that's it...

What is my CCL?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...journal-6.html
Old 03-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

So here I am. I am on Day 4 of Induction

I keep falling in and out of Ketosis via the strips. I know, not always accurate but I know how my body feels and I guess I don't want to panick If I'm not in.
Anyway today the food was all legal. I am struggling with exercise. It'ls like I'm scared to break a sweat though I know what a huge difference it makes for me. I't's 8pm and I'm waiting for my digestion to finish so I can at least do 10 minutes of xtraining and 20min of abs. Something until I get there. So if it's just abs so be it.
My eats today:

bk: egg cream made with one egg, 2T CO, 2 tsp CLO, 2T 18% cream cinnamon
snack: frittata, salmon canned 1 cup with mayo and pickle
lunch: fritata, 6 wings and 1/2 coleslaw and 1/4 of avocado
coffee and cream
snack: 1 laughing cow
snack: 4 wings with small cucumber/feta and dressing
dinnner: 5 wings, kale 1/2 cup with blue cheese dressing

I could have eaten less and what I'm feeling guilty about is not so much any overeating b/c I didn't and I"m not stuffed but the fact that my mentality and behaviour was influenced by negative feelings. All day I felt great, thinner and my clothes baggier but at home..contemplating exercise and then the fear dropping in whether I will lose weight and ever reach my goal crept in and then the negativtiy hit. but I'm not going to let it stop me...let me workout a bit and see how I feel. I'm thirsty too. Going to hit the water.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

It's time to read DANDR.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Day1:
30 days left to go
:
I feel great today! For once. I have made a commitment to ATKINS and to do it the real way as opposed to a way to gorge on fat and protein. I can't tolerate blood sugar issues and though I have lost quite a bit of weight on WW, I have come to believe that it is because when you're watching your points your limiting your calories and essentially limiting your carbs which may help you lose the weight. My focus is to do what atkins says which is low Carb not high protein. I want to keep my proteins at meals at the "normal" serving size...typically my palm size with greens and I do want to move up the ladder to find my CCL. I am going to Hawaii just over 30 days so i'm going to set this as the 30 day mark.

Eats:
BK: coffee and 2 T HnH, 1oz of cheese, 1tsp fish oil
snack: coffee and cream (not finished yet)
Lunch 1pm: I can't beleive I waited this long...thanks Atkins
3 cups of spinach, 1 small tomato, 1 small avocado, 3 hb eggs 2TBS olive oil
Dinner: I have some salmon defrosting so I'll have one steak of that with some romain

I think the idea is to eat for satisfaction and not to overeat. This has been my biggest problem.
I haven't had my water yet. But as I digest my lunch, this will be my focus for the afternoon.
As for exercising, I want to make a commitment that I do 30 minutes minimum per day. Not for weight loss but to feel good and tone. Also to stay young. I have comes to term first hand that it working out is great but it's what you put in your mouth that counts. so work out today will happen.

I AM SO HAPPY

Last edited by healed01; 09-03-2009 at 01:39 PM..
Old 09-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Well it seems that first day went well. Work was great and I can't believe I got through the day without being a slave to snacking. So I came home after stopping at a Korean Grocery store that carries the best cuts of meat and fish and picked up some yums!
Dinner
was buk choy fried in oil with mushrooms and beef and a small piece of salmon. I also cooked up some extra for left overs and boiled some eggs. I went for a mini walk;nothing near the workouts that I was doing a month ago, but I got out! and I was tempted to have a snack when I got home but luckily I had some tea and water with CALM and I feel better.

As far as supps. I am taking L tyorsine in the day and 5 htp at night as well as the magnesium and fish oil. I should add a multi or calcium soon. My plan is to be resting and getting to bed early.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:40 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Day one: december 31st...haha...I can say that I started 2009.
It was so tough this morning finally getting things together mentally to get to the gym. But I did it!!! I'm so happy. Ran5.5 to 6 for 30 minutes.
My eating will be PP as I'm going to reread it and ensure that I'm following the right amounts of Protein and carbs etc. Coffee is brewing in the french press. I'm so happy that I'm getting in shape and losing weight and feeling great.!
Anyway I'm really constipated and need to get this moving. I know as I start working out that this will get resolved.
Check in later.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Given this, the ratios you should adopt for your daily meals are:

10% — 15% carbohydrate
20% — 25% protein
60% — 70% fat

Still tweaking.

Love the book low carb gourmet
Old 09-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Sept 2011: Well I'm happy to say that I'm healed! I have not had an episode of ED for so long and feel really grounded about it and have no worries of every returning. I have also dropped in weight and am hovering between 152 to 157lbs and want to work my way to 135lbs very soon. Mentally I'm ready and physically I'm ready too I went for 2 30min runs this weekend and want to refocus on leading a low carb WOE for the majority of the time.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Day 1: I'm back from some time away and am happy to report that I am "healed". I have also lost some weight and am reporting in at around 158.4 lbs this morning on TOM and in the last 4 mths have been fluctuating between 152-158lbs. So I'm here to re-focus on exercising daily and eating to get to my dream goal of 135lb!!! I want it sooooo badly this time and ready to go for it. MY biggest goal is to find my CCL so I can always have that in mind as I go on this journey.

Here are my goals
- daily 30 min activity: walking, running, yoga
- abs, legs and arms 2/1/2
- positive attitude
- daily weigh ins

Eats:
Induction for 3 days to jump start and then off to find my CCL. I'll also be watching my calories with goals to end up around 1500cal per day.
- CO in hot water 20 min before meals
- will be drinking some wine and alcohol on weekends in social settings and not at home with just bf until weight is under control and losing weight.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bibby
Stats: 238/215/154
WOE: Food Combining (I know it's not low carb, but....)
Start Date: Feb 2011
Well done you!! And best wishes. You're on track with a clear goal in mind. I hope it goes well
Bibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Lynne
Old 09-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Day 1 down!
It was tough mentally as far as resolving that low carb is the way but easy once I made it past dinner cause I was done eating meals for the day and didn't have to contemplate it anymore ..haha...
So
BK: 4 eggs with CO and black coffee, 3 tsp cod liver oil
Lunch: Leg and 2 wings of roast chicken with skin from Walmart
and piece of cheese
Snack: coffee with 5 little creams (50 cal each)
4 pieces of sugarless gum, diet coke
Dinner: more chicken (breast with spice) and fried cabbage in CO

Exercise: 25 min run and 20 min abs

Supps: 5 HTP, Primrose oil, L tyrosine, cod liver oil

So went shopping for food today and stocked up on tuna and salmon cans for lunches. I find that I lose well and keep hunger at bay when I have this as lunch (2cans) with mayo and hot banana peppers and it is yummy. Dinner tomorrow night is a ?? so I'll be surfing online to check out what I would want. No more chicken. Lunch and dinner was chicken and I have had enough. We have a smoker so I wouldn't mind defrosting some ribs and smoking those but I may also pull out some salmon from the freezer.
I am looking fwd to weigh in tomorrow morning and working out again. I love being active and not scared to exercise. So many times when I have been out of it and trying to get back, exercising is scary. Scary b/c you're coming out of denial of neglect. But I'm happy with where I'm at and where I'm going. I really have my sights now on 135lbs and frankly just bored of being at 150s especially when I'm so close and the journey from her is going to be so fun. I'm no longer losing those pounds that no one including yourself notices. Every pound loss makes you look thinner. My plan tomorrow will be to go for a run again to jump start this week and I may to arms, abs or legs. I'll see how I feel. My abs really feel like they got ripped from the ab workout that i completed today and yesterday. Anyway off to read journals. Happy Monday!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Day 2: Woke up eager to weight in

Sept 19th: ?
Sept 20th: 158.4lbs
Sept 21st: 156.6lbs

So happy about the weight loss. I really feel comfortable at the 155lbs mark and I'm happy to see I'm very close, from here on as I get "comfortable" I must continue to set sights on 135lbs and find my long lost CCL. I've been reading some other journals and wonder what ppl are doing to do so. I know some are ZC so no carbs but I know in my life I will want to have in controlled situations carbs; wedding cake or wine or sourdough bread on the occasion. Others eat up to 100 carbs per day and maintain. I believe that have never really found somewhere in between. I have either been off or on. So in the weight loss part I'll keep it low but maybe increasing my carbs will be the once or 2x week consumption of carbs; like a slice of bread, or a piece of fruit. Just not everyday.
Most importantly is the exercising. I may go for a 30 min run this morning...or do some kind strength training....
Old 09-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Sorry, am intrigued. Are people genuinely not having ANY carbs?? I mean, I know meat is zero. But there are carbs of varying amounts in cheese, berries, salad and veg etc. So, what on earth does a Zero Carber live on?
Old 09-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

ZC- yes there is a group of ppl who don't eat any veggies or cheese or cream and stick to meat and eggs. Yes they do have carbs but less then 5gr is consumed total per day. Great way to lose weight fast but if you like to have variety not the best solution. If you search forums you'll see alot of stuff on Meat and Eggs or ZC or VLC.

The rest of day 2 went well. I have yet to workout today. May go for a walk or jog and would like to do some abs again.

Eats:
BK: was tuna and mayo and tsp of clo and co, black coffee
lunch: salmon and mayo with some cucumber and other veggies and ranch/ceasar dressing, cheese (2oz)
dinner: 3 chicken drums with some wing sauce and fried cabbage

I did drink lots of water and tea today. Just need to workout and plan menu to keep my interests up.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:44 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

ZC -Ooh, no, I couldn't do that! Annd to stick to a WOE, you have to like the food, eh!

It sounds like you are getting yourself very 'sorted', what with the eating well and the exercise!! You will be healthy and toned!
Old 09-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Lynne, I'm hoping sooner then later.
I hope sooner then later

update: 10:43pm: went for a 30 min run! So many times did i want to quit before the run started; preparing excuses in my mind why I need not run but I went out and did it and what's 30minutes of your day. Honestly what was I so scared about?? I feel great now. Showered and tired ready for reading and bed. Here's to not fighting with my self so much.

Last edited by healed01; 09-20-2011 at 11:00 PM..
Old 09-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

That's great!!! I don't understand why we put obstacles in our way when we have proved we feel so good when we get on and DO things. Keep focussed and enjoy. Sleep well
Old 09-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Setp 22nd: 155.8lbs

Of course when you're on track, weigh ins are always something you're eager to do. Especially when you've eaten well, worked out and feel hungry when you wake up b/c you ate dinner around 7pm and nothing before bed time.
So this morning I weighed in and the lowest weight was 155.8lbs! I know the scale can dictate our mood but when it's good, it's good and I'm going to use this motivation to remain focused.
I woke up really hungry and made my coffee and while it was brewing I did my 20 min ab videio and came down to have some hot water and 1TBS of CO while I cooked up 4 eggs. I then poored my coffee and had a piece of cheese and now I'm sooooo full and haven't touched my eggs. Can it be the CO ? so I'm going to save my eggs for lunch with some chicken legs and cheese.

Here are my thoughts around 0.5lbs daily losses:
Sept 23- 155lbs
Sept 24- 154.5
Sept 25- 154.0
Sept 26- 153.5
Sept 27- 153.0
Sept 28- 152.5
Sept 29- 152.0
Sept 30- 151.5
Oct 1- 151
Oct 2- 150.5
Oct 3- 150
Oct 4- 149.5
Oct 5- 149.0
Oct 6- 148.5
Oct 7- 148
Oct 8- 147.5
Oct 9- 147.0
Oct 10- 146.5
Oct 11- 146
Oct 12- 145.5
Oct 13- 145
Oct 14- 144.5
Oct 15- 144
Oct 16 WOOOOO
Oct
Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Day 3:
so far so good. really tired due to late night and was hungry when I got home b/c I packed such a small lunch.

bk : 4 egg and 1TBS CO black coffee
lunch: 3 drums of chick, 2 pieces of cheese
snack: diet coke (1.5)
dinner: pork steak with zucchini and greek salade with feta

calories are at 1589cal
13.1 grams of total carb
Old 09-22-2011, 09:11 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Weigh in this morning:

Sept 22nd: 155.8lbs
Sept 23rd: 154.4lbs

Really happy about this I'm down almost a pound from yesterday and its because I am low carbing but not eating too much. Based on my cal count I ended at around 1500 calories. Def. feel hungry or "empty" but as soon as I have the CO in the morning it all disappears and I don't want to eat...like this morning. I almost can't even have my coffee. so I will wait. I'm contemplating that I may take some to work and having it 20 min before meals to keep hunger at bay.

I am really excited about being 4 lbs away from 150lbs and then off to 140 land.
for eats I have prepared more food today b/c I found that I didn't have enough at work so now I'm prepped with a piece of cheese and 2 chick breast.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Well day 3; I'm done with chicken today as for bk and lunch was what I ate. I had a coke zero again. Loved the fizz but hate how it makes me feel after. I have this sweet taste in the sides of my mouth. So far 732 calories and dinner is yet to be eaten however I'm scheduled for a workout at8pm and I'm not hungry right now so I may wait until after however that may also be too late. If that's the case I do want to have a good nights rest and a good weigh in I may skip it all together and have some tea with oil. I'll see how I feel.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

actually I would love to see 153 or 152 tomorrow...and 149 on monday...
Old 09-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

just got back from exercising!!! wooofff. team sports are tough..2 hours of running around. My face was red and I was drenched. Just got out of the shower. Met a lot of great new ppl that I hope to make friends with. I love meeting new ppl and making new friends. I'm showered and in bed ready to read and relax. I had some dinner around 7pm and it was a large greek salad that I made with cukes, tom, oil, feta, onions, olives and red pepper. Adding oregano really makes it taste like greek salads in restaurants. I'm excited to eat something good tomorrow. In the mood for pork or beef. Planning a party this saturday and looking fwd to making some LC treats. I will be drinking alcohol but sticking with vodka sodas and lime and going to keep my calories low. I'm hoping to get some exercise in too so I don't have to drink much to get a little buzz.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

154lbs this morning!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member