Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 06:25 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MarblesLongGone
Stats: 273/214/188 6'0"
WOE: Grain-free, sugar-free, real foods
Start Date: 2010 (I have years of weight data recorded)
Quote:
Originally Posted by healed01 View Post
yes male attention..sometimes i think it's this or other things ..maybe an excuse to avoid all things in life....
Am I hearing a fear of failure? If I don't TRY, I didn't REALLY lose, 'cause I wasn't playing! Do I hear this in the back of your brain? (Trust me, I've heard it in mine before!)
MarblesLongGone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2008, 08:24 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healed01
Stats: 183/142/135
WOE: Atkins/low carb
Start Date: May 23 2008
Day 2 down...slam dunk!!!! yeah...here are the stats

weight: 177lbs

aminos: l-tyrosine, b6

food:
bk green omelet with CO and 1 tsp cod liver oil coffee and cream
lunch: 4 lamb sausages organic with small kale salade 1HB egg
water water
snack: 2 wings with 3 slices of prosciutto (salty)
dinner: small kale salade and chicken leg..some back too...same bird all skin

so today is a good day . i'm moving into my new place and food is good. i do want to work out so I'm thinking some kickboxing or fat blast. i think i'll not go over to the new place tonight but i have to lug some groceries from the car up to my fridge and wash all the new bed sheets for my new bed.

the scale was down and TOm came for a visit and is here to stay this week. i'm looking forward to strarting day 3 of induction b/c that means only 4 days left and then i can reevaluate to see whether i should continue or not. I think i will but lets decide that later. I do want to drink some more water as there was some salt in my food today..anyway later

What is my CCL?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...journal-6.html
healed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 PM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: NewYorkGiants32
Here is the recipe for the coconut bark

3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon cocoa
2 packets of splenda

melt the oil first then mix everything together, stick in the fridge or freezer......it hardens up pretty fast. I had some yesterday and was down two pounds this morning, not sure if it has anything to do w/ the coconut oil or not.

Congratulations on a successful day 2!!!!!!!
NewYorkGiants32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:10 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

this was taken from someone else's journal...just posting for reference later...looks like carb cycling

My Plan, thanks D !

(calories 1600-1800)

M - low/medium carb (30-50)
T - very low carb (20-30)
W - very low carb (20-30)
R - very low carb (20-30
F - high carb (300) + high calorie (3000) + but very low fat
S - very low carb (20-30)
S - low/medium carb (30-50)
Old 08-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

well today was one of those days where I was requestionning what I'm doing ...but don't worry I'm sticking with induction. I don't know why but I guess I expect a 20lbs loss in 4 days and when the 3rd day arrives I feel guilty for eating solid TBS of CO and then I'm like " maybe I should revisite WW". This was my thought as I was walking to work... I started laughing at myself ...what an idiot...so I'm fine. What's helping me is that I've prepped my lunch and dinners and I'm making sure that I'm not gorging on food. Blood sugars are stable and I don't have cravings. Mostly I need to firm up which will be a sum of working out and eating right (LC). So do you think I should add kefir and berries, or should I knock induction for 4 more days for some accelerated results?
My other issue is I'm having trouble sleeping; mostly b/c I'm tense over the weight loss thing and I've been taking GABA and 5HTP and melatonine and it helps. I think as I start working out more and more I'll sleep better. I did do some arm workout yesterday.

weight: same as yesterday No 20 lbs loss

eating:
bk: 1.5tsp of CO and 1tsp of cod liver oil with 1.4 beef caserole (eggplant, zucchini, and small feta)
snack: 2 coffee and 8 small cream (those little containers), green omelet (1 egg worth) and 1 HB egg
lunch (1pm): kale salade with Olive oil, 1cup of skinless chicken breast
dinner: probably some salmon and small veggies.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Focus
Old 08-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

I really can't wait to be out of the 170lbs...ughh I can't wait...and then 160, 150 and finally 140lbs. The latter is my ideal weight..at this weight in the past I've worn size 5-6 and feel fabulous...Please GOD give me strenght to pull this off in a healthy sustainable long term, forever easy way so I never have to compromise my health, looks and closet again. That I'm always ahead of the game and make decisions b/c I know how my body works and what it needs to function at the most optimal level.

oh..did I mention TOM is here..
Old 08-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Saturday morning
Day 4 induction; all check...

Weight: scale is packed so i'll weigh myself tomorrow morning
ketostix: positive yesterday

food yesterday...above entries..

dinner was some of my beef casserole and a piece of wild sokey salmon with 1/2 yellow pepper raw with some sesame oil. That was around 7pm and i was up until 2;30 packing and i didn't even think of food. at one point i did pop a sugar free gum to freshen the mouth but that was all.

i can't wait to have my coffee and oils when i get back to the new place.

bk: beef casserole (no more) ..i think i'll freeze the rest
Old 08-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

yesterday was great..I didn't get too much veggies in but I was moving and shopping most of the day and was happy to have leftovers in the fridge.
BK: beef cass. leftovers
coffee and cream
lunch: 7oz sirloin with asparagus and coffee and cream
dinner: 1 chicken leg and small spinach salade

ketostix: colored dark pink

weight this morning: 170lbs! I don't know about this scale b/c it's analogue and when you jump on it every morning you have to adjust it back to zero. I did get on and off 3 times and the reading was 170lbs.I just wonder if my original reading were right. but I did do the same for the other days. So tehnically I met my first goal! 170lbs!!!
Fawn I really can't wait to be comfortable in my skin again. I can't wait to wear my clothes that I havent worn...I can't wait to wear skirts and dresses to work so I don't have to worry about the hemming on my pants being too long as I walk to work Anyway so that means this is the week that I enter in the 160! I start a rowing class on Mon and Wed so that will be my activity for at least 2 nights.

Regarding the whole foods and questionning, I do not. I think once I'm done with induction , this will be the time where your help is going to be really needed b/c I'm never had a plan after induction how to steadily add foods back in. When that time rolls around I really need your help re-adding my favourites back in..don't know the order but this is where you can help:
- wine, red and white
- vodka, tequila and triple sec (margaita staples)
- berries
- whole dairy (milks, yogurts, kefirs)
- berries and fruit
- nuts and nut butters
- hemp hearts
- Coconut Water
- Smoothie (and ideas of what you like)
- flax seeds
- rice protein

Anyway have a great Sunday and hope to hear from you soon

Saratea

Last edited by healed01; 08-03-2008 at 10:37 AM..
Old 08-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: coleygirl1041
This is all so inspiring!

Old 08-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

thanks Coleygirl1041! do you have a journal?

I am on day 6 and I am loving the accountability. Yesterday was a success too. I can't wait to add more activity in my day but I've been so busy moving and unpacking..I'm assuming that is some activity but I do start a rowing class 2x week so this should be great. I also found my rollerblades and my tennis racket and can't wait to use them. I would love to also add running and some weights. Anyway I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and report the results.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

day 7 can it be??? wow ..a week has gone by and I actually stuck with the induction. This is a first...not that I have not done it in the past however I've never tracked it like this and kept myself accountable with a plan.

today was great other than maybe too much salt..mind you i can drink a lot of water;
weight: didn't get on the scale.

tomorrow.
today food

bk: coffee and cream; salmon and veggies
snack: veggies and CO coffee and cream
lunch: salmon and veggies
snack: salmon
dinner: prosciutto, veggies cheese

I also went for a run tonight and a small walk...I hope the scale moves. i really want to get to 160lbs.

oh and I've also started taking biotin...for hair and nails
Old 08-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Day 1 in 2nd week
Day 8 overall
Induction

weight this morning: disappointed 172lbs.

I think it's all the salt. Mind you coming from 183lbs of water weight I guess that's great. I just know it's water not all fat. I do feel good and better than I did last week and eating and blood sugars have been under control. I guess I was looking for a better loss as TOM is ending today.
I think I have to cut back on the salt. Again WW thoughts run through my mind when my blood sugars are in control b/c I feel like I'm in control. Just leads to a binge though.

Today I was especially hungry:
bk: cheese (less than 1oz) coffe and cream
snack: salmon with 1T CO coffee and cream
lunch: broccoli, sesame oil and cooked lamb sausage
snack: salade with 1 egg and spoon of tuna and olive oil and 2 small cubes of feta

I did drink my water and need some more. I feel reallly tired b/c I keep sleeping late and waking up at 6am ...that's only 6 hours of sleep. I have rowing tonight and I'm looking forward to going about 30 minutes ahead to get a workout ...also going for a trim yeah! Nice hair.

anyway I do want to start planning the end of my 2 weeks and what and how much I'll be reintroducing. I was advised that berries (rasp) and kefir may be a good start. I'm excited about this.

I want to be 160lbs dammit!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

I'm so frustrated b/c i feel like I'm not losing fast enough. This is usually where i cave. I did workout and i'm in control of blood sugars but i believe I'll begin adding other carbs..such as berries, whole dairy , wine etc. slowly..

I ate 12 almonds and 2 T of almond butter !!! I feel fine but I guess it's kind of late for that...now I'm hot..I also had a cup of broccoli and some salmon...anyway I do want to start tracking my calories and macros just to make sure I'm not overdoing it. Yes I am more active but I'm also in the losing phase and would like to lose and get to that damn 16olbs!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

day 10: well I understand what and how induction helps control cravings. I'm fine today. I felt loser in the pants but i still can't fully tell. I love how all the fat and biotin in my diet is making my hair and skin look. And I'm starting to fall in love with working out again.

My bowel movements are not as often as when I eat fruits. I'm a little delayed and not as quick to pass. I eat a lot of veggies but fruit usually does it for me. Coffee does not.

weight: did not weigh today

ketones: have not measured

eats:
bk: spoons of my crockpot chicken, cabbage broccoli combo with 1 tsp of fish oil and 1/2T CO, coffee and cream
snack: 1oz salmon with broccoli and sesami oil and coffee and cream
lunch: 1 chicken breast with skin and veggies
1 zero cal pop ( i know...artificial) and 2 excel gum (sugar free)
snack:2 full small wings
dinner: 3 slices of prociutto, fried zucchini and shallot along with kale 2-3oz chicken breast (total of 2 fo rthe day) with skin and 2.5 oz cheese, 1/2 T butter, cooked with olive oil
1 tsp of fish oil

I wasnt' successfull at tracking my calories but I know it was induction friendly plus i didn't overeat. I guess with tracking it will help me gage when to stop to and then reassess whether I'm really hungry and need more energy.
I'm going to go for a job tonight so I can't eat anymore even if I'm was totally bored...anyway time to clean the kitchen before the run and take my biotin.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

day 12...I think..I'm losing count...anyway things are going well. I have not weighed myself but I felt really svelt for the first time in a long time when I went out last night.
I was out until 7am!!! My feet really hurt and I have some errands to do today..flat shoes heloooo.. as for food it's about 1pm and I'm already consumed 1300 calories, about 400cal when I got home after a long night of dancing and walking...and right now for lunch..I did have some wine (2oz if not less) and 3 vodka soda water (3oz) last night. I'm not worried about any blood sugar or weight gain as I don't bloat instead I just get very depleted...and I'm made sure that I've eaten tons of fat/proteing to replenish ..the menu for the rest of my day will be fresh veggies and some olive oil...
as for exercise..yesterday lots of walking,, dancing, today some walking and I'm going to see if I can fit anything else in. I do want to get lots of rest though tonight..early night for me and NO going out.
weight: ??
ketosis: have not tested
eats:
7am: leftover veggies, cheese 3oz, fish oil, co
12pm: 2 small eggs, 1oz cheese, 3T hnH with coffee, 1 can of wild sokeye salmon, 1tsp butter
Old 08-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

actually today is day 12...just recounted from the day that I started.

I went for a jog last night and my body is really soar. I really see a difference in my nails due to the fat and biotin. They're growing like crazy. Im going for a hike today and Im planning to really focus on eating and watching my calories. My portions of fat with meals and limiting my proteins and carbs has made such a significant difference in my satiety, mood and weight loss. I love it. My main goal is to have a spoon of oil with each meal and not to over do the protein...when I eat too much of this I get cravings and don't lose much. skin on my protein is also important. I just find that my need for food is less when I eat things with fat and Im happier.

weight: didn't weigh...I'll try to do it in the morning tomorrow
ketones: havent' measured today

eats:
bk: 2 small eggs with 2T cheese, 1T sour cream, 3 pork links, veggies coffe and cream and 1tsp fish oil, 1tsp anti-ox oil 1T CO (ate half and cooked with other)
lunch: something light like salade and oil
dinner: I want to make my crab cakes...going to go search for a recipe.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Healed. Thanks for that! Glad you're here to share.

My workouts are the part of my life that remain consistent. I know I'm addicted to working out, and I'm not ashamed of it. They make me feel good, think clearer, breathe better, not to mention how they contribute to my fitness goals. They're non-negotiable. This summer I've had the luxury of getting in an extra half hour in the evenings (not as busy with school/homework/stuff), and that has given me a chance to sneak in some extra cardio (or weights) and hope for an extra edge of fat burning.

Typically I work out M-F from 5:30-6:30 a.m. -- that's in stone. Sat's, whenever I can work it in, but I prefer earlier in the day. Sundays are my light day, usu only half hour of s/s cardio.

I love Turbo Jam. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. My RPE is every bit as high as when I'm pushing for 20 mins with HIIT. I use weighted gloves and never stop moving, intensifying the workout with every step. It targets my whole body, that's why I love it. I usu do it twice a week. Ab Jam, once or twice a week.

M- 1 hour of Super Callanetics (non-negotiable)15 mins LB weights (squeeze it in whenever)
T- UB Weights; Turbo Jam
W- 1 hour of Super Callanetics (non-negotiable)
TH- UB Weights; Turbo Jam
F a.m. - 1 hour of Super Callanetics (non-negotiable)
Sat - UB and LB weights, usu 1 - 1.5 hours

30 mins of cardio, 3-4 days per week

(I squeeze in crunches (200-300) and pushups all throughout the week, whenever time/opportunity allows)

That's the gist of my workout sched.

The food? I keep carbs close to my workouts, tapering at other times of the day with fibrous/green only.

Hope that helped. If you allow workouts to become a part of your life, making them as common as brushing your teeth, it's much easier to stick to your plan. They have to become HABIT, not a chore.

So glad you stopped in. Hope we can learn from each other. So nice to meet you.

Last edited by healed01; 08-10-2008 at 12:13 PM..
Old 08-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

day 13...a little frustrated b/c the scale was 172lbs

weight: 172lbs
I wanted to be 160s damiittt! anyway I did feel slim and not bloated but come on...at least 169lbs...I don't get my scale though every time I step on and off it it changes it's starting figures

eats today
bk: cofeee and cream with 3/4 cup of crab and 1 T CO, 2 eggs, fish oil
lunch: leftover chili
dinner: 1oz cheese, 7 wings with 2T sour cream, salade and broccoli, fish oil
snack: 1 chicken breast, 1T oil, 1T almond butter mixed with 12 almonds, 1/4 tsp oil, 1T cream cheese, 1T peanut butter, 1tsp butter ( i know...fatty and yummy...but I was craving something sweet- I'm making co bark so I can get the fat but less carbs for the next snack attack tomorrow)

I'm almost one my 14days and they were not "perfect" but I was always in control and m blood sugars were alwasy ok considering I was in ketosis. The "cheats" were only small portions of almonds, nut butters. No frakenfoods. It's interesting b/c when I'm craving I always go fo rthe atkins bars and then I remember that having some almonds is actually better. So what I want to do know that I'm wrapping up my firs 2 weeks is to start adding things that I enjoy:
-wine
-berries
- kefir
-nuts (very limites...I tend to go crazy)
and to make little desserts to have daily so I can go on.
I need to be careful and watch my calories and carbs and not to go over 25net carbs which means that I need to start tracking a little bit more on ****** until I get a hang of what my carbs looks like daily.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

is it really day 14??? Yes wow...what a great 2 weeks. Im so happy that I did it...what i learned is that I need fat to lose weight. I have included cod live oil with 2 meals and CO with 2-3 meals...I need to understand that it is a balance an that I can get back into ketosis easily. and eliminate cravings by upping my fat. I always thought that it was protein that I was to increase but that actually makes me gain weight. ...fat it is and skinny I will become

I went for a run tonight and I did great ..tomorrow is rowing. I hve not weighed myself and I will not until monday ..but my clothes are so lose now. I was disappointed taht the scale did not reflect this.

weight?
ketosisi? light pink

eats:
bk: coffee blackk, gooo
Old 08-13-2008, 10:49 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

today was great...only non induction but good for OWL item was my CO bark that had some cocoa and almond butter. I have yet to fully track my stuff on ******. I do want to do it though b/c I really want to find my CCL.

foods were fine and exercise was in class. I'm making a pork tendeloin in the crock pot and I'm hoping it turns out great. I really miss my family back home and I WANT to lose my weight and get to 160lbs, then 150 and finally 140lbs..come on already.

Well I need to re dedicate now that I'm out of my 2 week induction. I want to continue with exercise and jogging along with some weights and hiking. My food is good but I do want to have an idea to rest assure that I'm not overdoing the little things.

I can't wait to be a size 4 again and get into all my clothes so dressing in the morning and looking good is not such a production.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:53 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Its Saturday morning and I had 2 nights of 2 much alcohol where last night was worse than the other. I have have made a new committment. I really want to lose this weight and I'm really happy b/c I know what works for me ( high fat, not overeating and exercising) and I'm going to committ to it.
I've been having a hard time tracking my carbs to find my CCL b'c by the end of the day I'm not logging in my food like when i'M at work and then and then I come home and have dinner which is good but therer are a few nbbles that maybe I'm over doing....

the worst things I may be are:
-not tracking ******
- late night nibbles (before bed/usually nuts)
- no weight training
-not tracking my cheese consumption
- not preparing sweets for those times and making up my own and not tracking consumption
- not having enough bowel movements ( the way I would like)
- not prepare daily and weekly menus
- losing creativity with good meals
- not adding one or 2 more good cardio sessions
- not tracking alcohol calories

So what am I going to do about this:
well for ******, there are some staples that I consume daily and what I would like to do is calculate that all so I have that as a foundation; like my oils, cream for coffee, cheese and treat. Then whatever is on the menue I can gage how many carbs and calories that is from the menu.
- late night eating; well I need to make sure that I have a good dinner and to have it as late as possible so I 'm not hungry. my meals of the day and how I like to eat is the following:
- coffee and cream 7am
- coffee and cream and usually 1 HB egg or leftover with CO 9-10am
- water (morning)
- lunch (1pm)
- snack (2-4pm)
- dinner(6-8pm) on night that I have my class (Mon/WED) I have to eat at 6pm to give me time to digest before the class b/c I also like to put in some cardio at 7pm and then it ends at 9pm which would be too late to eat. But the other night I should gage for 7:30pm.
- no weight training; well I should be able to at least do my arm workouts. I also want to workout in the morning or lunch b/c I don't like revolving my afternoons around working out. I would like it taken care of. Though realistically I sleep late and by the time I wake up in the morning, I'm sooo tired. But that's a routine that I can change. That would mean that I would need 40 minutes to workout and 20min to get ready and wind down from it. So if I woke up at 6am, I would be in the shower to prep by 7am and I would like to not get in the habit of taking the bus to work so I also need 30 minutes to walk at a leisurely pace. so we're at what time? ok and I would like to be at work at 7:45am to prep and walk in early..so let's work backwards..
7:45am arrival at work
7:15am leave home to walk to work
6:30am get ready (shower, hair, makeup etc)
5:30am wake up and work out
I also want to get 8 hours of sleep so that means I need to sleep at 10pm

That's not a bad plan. I believe that first days are going to be rough but as long as I get in be and fall asleep by 10pm then I'm fine.

anyway going to browse the net for now
Old 08-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

size 5/6 here I come!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Read the book completely RVL before you begin the program. There are 3 stages and while I believe wholeheartedly in the program, I also believe that one should be firmly settled in a low carb lifestyle first. I am using this program on clients but begining with induction style first. Currently, I incorporate lacto-fermented products, raw dairy (most of the time) and coconut products as well as free range/pasture fed animal proteins and wild caught salmon.

Secondly, one does not have to incorporate grains if they are extremely insulin resistant and Enig addresses this.
the cod liver oil will provide you more nutrients than just the fish oils. Can you consume those styles of fish fresh?
Garden of life is a nice brand and I've tried the lemon/mint flavor. Carlsons is good too.

I personally think it's healthy to read and combine the following. Some stuff in Eat Fat Lose Fat is for the extreme health nut and even I'm not there......
Atkins
Diet Cure
EFGT
Eat Fat Lose Fat

Basically what I'm saying is a healthful cellular regenerating diet is the following:

free range pasture fed animal proteins
cage free/free range eggs
wild caugt cold water fish preferably salmon
raw dairy if not raw definitely organic (conventional dairy is dirty)
lacto-fermented product: saurkraut, kimchee, kombucha, kefir and yogurts
coconut oil, cream, flake, water (any and all natural coconut )
olive oil
rice bran oil cold pressed only
veggies
low glycemic fruits/avocados
raw nuts preferrably soaked almonds
walnuts are my favorite nut.....do not soak

Basically, avoid polyunsaturated oils, trans fats and artificial sweeteners
Old 08-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Day 1: back on track

the last two days were full of guilt and remorse...that's how I feel when I eat emotionally and had some carb incidents. The damage was less than before but it's not so much that I ate carbs b/c I understand that I won't gain 20lbs overnight but it's the feeling of making bad decisions. That's why I am so happy that I've made the decision to get back on track.

I want to get involved in more activities and that's what I'm going to do. Also I need to do the things that I enjoy! Get more rest and love me and take care of me.
I don't want to do things that are boring.

My life is in my hands. My happiness is a direct reflection of the choices I make.

Eats:
bk: 1.5 tsp of oils, 2T CO, 1 egg, coffee and cream
lunch: 6 laughing cows (80cals total) and some salade with an egg and olive oil
Old 08-26-2008, 09:49 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

ok so goal is November 7th.

that means that today is the 26th of August 31 that's 5 days
sept has 30 days
Oct has 31 days
7 days in November

total of days 42+31= 73 DAYS

that means if we break it weekly that's 10 weeks and 3 days.

so if I can lose 2lbs per week; that's 20 lbs

I can do this.

20 lbs will be perfect....

how am I going to do it ...welll it's going to be high fat and lots of greens and some protein. i going to also workout

my weekends will have some berries and alcohol and that will be my treat along with my coco bark
Old 09-16-2008, 10:25 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jenni, and all,

Yes, that is the recipe I started with. I made a few substitutions based on my personal experience with low carb sweets.

First of all, I halved the recipe and still got 24 good sized cookies. You could even quarter the recipe just to try a few, and then tweak on your own.

Here is the recipe, and my changes are in blue:
1 1/4 cups almond flour -- or other nut flour No change
1 cup plain protein powder Did not use at all
1 teaspoon baking powder Used 1/2 teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda Used 1/4 teaspoon
2 teaspoons cinnamon Used 1 teaspoon
1 egg Used 1 egg
2 egg whites Did not use at all
2 teaspoons vanilla extract Used 1 teaspoon
14 tablespoons unsalted butter Used 7 tablespoons
2 tablespoons canola oil Used 1 tablespoon
4 bars dark chocolate -- sugar free I used just (1) 4 ounce bar
1 1/2 cups splenda granular Used 1 cup Erythritol, 1 Splenda quick pack, 1 sprinkle of Stevia, and about 2 ounces of DaVinci syrup (I used Hazlenut, but any Vanilla, or Carmel, or plain would work too)

I also added one teaspoon Vanilla, and about a cup of large chopped Pecans. Also, since the cookies are so chunky with all the pecans and chocolate chunks, you should press them down a little with a fork before baking so that the heat is more evenly distributed.

A few other notes:
1) I like things very very sweet! The raw cookie batter is awesomely sweet, however it does tame down a little bit after cooking, so don't freak out when you first taste it. I think this is because of the Splenda quick pack. Although it works great in tea, Kool-Aid, and other beverages, I don't think it works as well in baking.

2) Although Erythritol is only 70% as sweet as sugar, it is a well known fact on here that combining sweeteners create a synergetic effect, which multiplies the overall sweetness much greater than the individual ingredients. (For example 1 + 1 + 1 = 5) Also, although Erythritol sometimes has a cooling effect (like when you inhale after eating spearmint), it does NOT have that effect in this recipe.

3) One more thing about Erythritol as opposed to other sweeteners (in case you've never tried it). Erythitol is a TRUE Zero on the Glycemic Index, unlike a 36 for the popular Maltitol as you can see from the chart below. Also, unlike other sugar alcohols, there is none of the cramping or "other" effects with Erythritol. It also measures and cooks much like real sugar, and adds some bulk that many other sweeteners lose under high heat.

Ingredient....... Sweetness GI Cal/g
Sucrose(sugar)....... 100% 60 4
Maltitol Syrup........... 75% 52 3
Hydrogenated Starch. 33% 39 2.8
Maltitol.................... 75% 36 2.7
Xylitol.................... 100% 13 2.5
Isomalt.................... 55% 9 2.1
Sorbitol.................... 60% 9 2.5
Lactitol.................... 35% 6 2
Mannitol................... 60% 0 1.5
Erythritol.................. 70% 0 0.2

4) Any low carb chocolate bar will work, and 4 ounces was plenty (and I LOVE lots of big chocolate chunks in every bite). If you are concerned with the Glycemic Index, or the after effects of Sugar Alcohols though, try to find a low carb bar sweetened with Splenda or Erythritol instead of the more popular Maltitol.

5) Don't bake all your cookies at once. Throw in 1/2 dozen, wait for them to cool, and tweak based on your own preferences. This is not rocket science....LOL. Once you get the hang of it, you will be able to take a look at your old favorite NON low carb cookie recipe, and possibly just make a few changes to it!

6) Finally, although this looks like a regular cookie made with white flour, it is made with Almond flour, and yes it does taste different. The nice thing is though is that it is very low carb, and very filling and satisfying. There is also NO bloating, and NO wierd after tastes as with many low carb versions of popular recipes.

Please post your own results and changes for all to see!
Old 10-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Day 1:

how many times have I written this down. Well here's what I've been up to. I am at apoint in my life where I don't want to play games anymore. I'm on track to lose 40 lbs. My mtly goal is to lose 2lbs per week. So that equates to 20 weeks; 5mths

so I will lose 40 lbs by Feb 2009

I will be doing LC WOE by controlling portions via my WW plan which alots me 23 points per day with 35 flex points except I will be calculating my points via calorie, carb and fiber as opposed to calorie, fat and fibre.

I will be active and my goal is to earn 24 AP per week and I will have my weigh ins on Fridays.

Bk: 1tsp cod liver oil, 1tsp CO, 2oz lamb, coffee and cream

Lunch: 3 eggs, 2oz cheese, 1tsp CO
5+4+1=10pts

so I have 23-17 pts left..that's 6pts

I also did a very challenging 1.5hr hike this morning up some mountain here...thought i was going to die.. I'm so inspired by the ladies I went with ...they're all so fit and active and older than me. I am so motivated to excercise and get my **** in order..not more stupidness in my life and feeling sorry for myself.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:39 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Day 2:

Yesterday ended well. I was OP and used some of my AP
snack was coffee and cream 2pts
dinner: small chck leg with veggies cooked in oil and 8oz wine 10pts

no flex pts used b/c of the level of activity.

so far today:

Not feeling too bad from the strenuous activity and I'm going to a yoga class today.
Eats:
1/2T CO and CLO (2.5pts)
1chick breast with skin, veggies and coffee and cream (6points)
Old 01-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Day 1:
no comment...can't believe I'm back here on behavioural level...