Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healed01
Stats: 183/142/135
WOE: Atkins/low carb
Start Date: May 23 2008
thanks girl81. I really do want to get better.

Lunch:
1 chicken leg (eaten with skin) ...so juicy...way better then dry breast
salade and lots of crunchy veggies, peppers, cauli, brocco, onions
spinach
less than 1oz organic cheese (old)
43ml Renee Ceasar dressing (260cals, yikes...but full fat...loved it)

I feel good...a little sleepy but good.

I'm drinking my peppermint tea right now. I should be fine until dinner time. Still have to figure out what I want...

should plan. then I won't snack b/c I'll have something to look forward to.
healed01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Banana as a creamy cleanser
Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner
Olive Oil as a moisturizer
Avocado as an exfoliating mask

I also use Vitamin E Oil to keep color in the skin, tighten it & prevent wrinkles.

When it comes to makeup, I use Isadora Chemical-Free makeup.

For hand lotion, I use Seven Wonders.

And I use Jason's and a brand called Abba for my hair.

Dyan

the above is a copy from another thread...
Old 05-29-2008, 10:02 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: steady
Stats: 110/95 5'2
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: Feb 2007
Healed--
I should link you to my first journal...your entries are so similar to mine! Our behavior/tendencies are so much alike--i.e. overthinking. I can related-- It is easy to get overwhelmed with info on this website. I take a step back from this website every now and then because it causes me to "hyperfocus" and that often backfires.

I hope this parasite issue gets resolved soon--- muscling through cravings is tough, but having the added parasites seems even tougher. Do the best you can to get sugar out of your diet ASAP. I went cold turkey on sugar--for me it was the best way---3 days later the craving were gone...I prefer this method vs. the slow weening process (I like to pull off the band-aid fast!). Although I am definitely not "cured" of bingeing, LC has dramatically help me control sugar/food triggers --I still am working on emotional triggers---I know that will be a lifelong journey.

Beyond the diet, I have learned so much about myself through LCing. I know you will too, because I think you also see LCing, not only for weightloss, but as part of an integrated approach to ultimately living your envisioned lifestyle.

I'll check on you soon again, but I just wanted to stop in a offer a bit of support, advice, and praise.
steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:02 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: micki
Stats: 140/137/130
WOE: avoid the white stuff and walk my ass off
Start Date: Summer 2000
What kind of a doctor told you that you have parasites?
micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
Quote:
Originally Posted by healed01 View Post
thanks girl81. I really do want to get better.
You *are* getting better. It's a journey, not a destination.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

naturalpath dr.
thanks again for all your support guys.

Hi Steady
I've actually read some of your journal from Active LC! I loved it...and I'm so glad you've contacted me b/c I would love to find it again. Please link with me. I'm interested in understanding what has worked best for you. Do you have a journal here too?
Old 05-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: micki
Stats: 140/137/130
WOE: avoid the white stuff and walk my ass off
Start Date: Summer 2000
It just doesn't sound right to me. I would get a second opinion from an internal medicine dr or reg famikly physician.
micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Well regarding the parasite thing, I'm dealing with it by taking the herbal meds...black waltnut etc.
The other thing is that I'm reading Barry Groves web site. Good read.

Dinner was good. I came home and had my greens, probiotics relaxed and made dinner with my mom.
HUGE Kale salade with lime juice and olive oil and garlic (parasites hate garlic)
with coconut oil made cauliflower"rice" (included eggs) and bean sprouts. Olive oil was drizzled on it and cayenne pepper...so yum.

From what I understand from barry Groves is to increase fat not protein to achieve weight loss. I love it b/c I'm convinced and NOT scared of fat as I am of too much protein. Like many of you have indicated that the ratios should be 65/20/15 f/p/c...I'm going to see how I'm doing.

What is my CCL?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...journal-6.html
Old 05-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
I didn't hesitate to go all the way, I am eating upwards of 70-85% fat in a day, and keeping my carbs under 20ish and trying to eat 50-60 grams of protein.

The weight is flying off twice as fast as it did with the 65-30-5 recommended by Dr Atkins.

Being unafraid of fats is a HUGE step.. but I truly think it is the golden ticket.

I love Barry's website, SO much stuff there... OMG wait until you get his book I can hardly put it down!

Oh and LMAO I give my Dog garlic (who also eats very low carb BTW LOL) if he ever gets worms, in 6 years I have only done it twice and it works
Margot 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Hey Prozak..I don't know how to respond to you..do you have a journal...

I want' to ask you what you eat in the day to get your ratios 70%fat?
Old 05-30-2008, 05:49 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Good MORNING!!!
I"M over the carb flu....and I feel fantastic today. NO RAISINS!!!
big deal for me here.

as I'm reading and reading I'm really understanding that for me to lose weight and feel optimal, i really need to up my FATS and not necessarily my proteins...the ratios that Fawn gave me really adhere well with me...60-70
%Fats , 20% prot, 10% carbs...the one thing with me as well is I do well with dark leafy green veggies and I crave them and lose better.

I feel so excited today and really don't want to get cocky and ruin it...must remember this feeling when I pick up the raisins and nuts....

what also helped was I went for a huge walk with my mom last night for over 1h30min...must move...
Old 05-30-2008, 05:50 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

BK: coffee with 18% cream
small chicken breast (2-3oz), skin, cheese organic, half small avocado and one wing.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:05 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bibby
Stats: 238/215/154
WOE: Food Combining (I know it's not low carb, but....)
Start Date: Feb 2011
Good for you, best wishes!!!!!
Bibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #74
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: fawn
all right! Now you're really getting it!

Girl, raisins are a maintenance food and at that you should be on a big hike! The concentrated sugars in those pack a punch! You may even consider just getting them out of the house until much later in your journey when control is not an issue.
fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

thanks guys! Yes I know too well about the raisins

Anyway..I had another coffee and cream
Lunch was kale with olive oil and leftover cauli "rice" with remainder of breast chicken and skin, 1T fish oil, atkins homemade soup, 2oz cheese organic and 1/2 avocado.

I was worried that i was overloading on protein and carbs, so I had a full T of fish oil to stop the cravings. I'm feeling very satisfied right now, but parched as usual on Atkins. Going to drink some water...I just hate the spring water scare about the plastic bottel leaching estrogen ...but then there's tap water. So i need to be better prepared for my water consumption.

Dinner is over at friends tonight. They're making fish with salt...as per requested so should be atkins friendly anyway..I'll workout and have a pro/fat snack so I'm not super hungry. I would like to have some wine but I'll skip it tonight...
Old 05-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

so what did i eat the rest of the day:
- water
- iced americano (decaf) with a splash of heavy cream

came home:
- 1 egg with 1 zucchini raw and spoon of olive oil

I just got the turbo jam package and there's this very very colorful booklet on losing 10lbs in 10 days...y'all know what I'm talking about. I'm soooooo tempted but I know that the low fat high sugar diet will send me back to hugging the toilet bowl, re-questioning life and why I purge and binge.

the satiety of induction sometimes makes me feel guilty...like somewhere I ate too much today..but really I didn't....I feel full b/c this is the beuty...

I just saved myself...I love this journal...I'm going over for dinner at a friends and right now I almost had some cashew..I looked at the bag and said WAIT...I really don't want these...I'm going over to have legal salmon and veggies ...don't do it...You're not ready! So I didn't...I'm really looking forward to seeing some weight loss. Yes I feel good, this is important but I also want to lose and I know it's only a matter of time. The addition of working out will help.

recap of food to ease the mind that I didn't over endulge:
bk: coffee and cream large with chicken, avo, cheese
snack: coffee and cream
lunch: kale, cauli rice, rest of breast, cheese, rest of avo (total 1/2 for the day), atkins soup, 1T fish oil
snack: water tea, iced tall decaf americano with splash of cream (no Splenda!)
7pm snack: zuchhini raw with 1 T oil and 1 egg
water

let's see how that looks posted.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

it's almost midnight:
went over to friends for dinner..I always find it hard b/c I miss dressing up really nice since I've gained weight and I miss it...I love dressing in girly things and I have to watch others look great. I don't look bad but I dont' look my best. I'm young and I feel like I'm a grandmother dresser b/c I'm ashamed of the weight. Anyway more motivation to get my booty moving.

Dinner went well. They served salmon and I ate about 4-6oz with salade and oil along with steamed asparagus, prosciutto, tomatoe, boccocini cheese and basil drizzle with olive oil and a couple of black olives. Dessert was cheese and I skpped the custard and fruit and finished with green tea. My stomach is bloated due to constipation however I think this will be gone by morning.

Anyway tomorrow I'm looking forward to catching up on my workouts and self-maintenance.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:21 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bibby
Stats: 238/215/154
WOE: Food Combining (I know it's not low carb, but....)
Start Date: Feb 2011
Drink lots of water. Sounds like you're really doing well and are happier for it. Best wishes.
Bibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:42 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

I lost weight

Today I'm drinking water. I'm thirsty...probably from the delicious goat feta I had this morning. WEll I did not have the best bowel move this morning..I wanted to so I could weigh myself...I did the latter anyway...I started at 175lbs this is after major binges..and NOW I"M 168lbs!!

I'm happy b/c this is lower than last week but frustrated b/c this is what I weighed Jan 1st 2008..then I worked out, went on WW eating 18 pts per day and binges..got my weight down to 150-160lbs for my trip in March and then had a vicious binge-back and ended up here today. So the key is FAT...eating good ones, moderate protein and carbs...again this is for feeling satisfied...for weight loss..time will only tell...according to many of you this has worked and I'm hoping and doing it so I can have it work for me b/c it wil be the best way and most satisfying way to lose weight.

I listening to "Dalida" I love her..she's gorgeous and makes me feel like I'm in Europe! Anyway I did the "learn and burn" from Turbo Jam...easy but I did sweat. I then had breakfast

bk: 2 eggs big salade with 1T olive oil, garlic, juice of one lemon
snack: 1/5T cold CO and now I'm sipping a LARGE Tim Hortons coffee double cream
lunch or dinner: I'm making wings in my slow cooker and turnip fries...with CO...yum.

I do want to get another workout in today. I know this will create a great momemtum because I would like to go clothes shopping in 10 days and would like to feel confident about what I'm buying b/c I desperately need clothes for my work and I cannot afford to feel uncomfortable. So I don't want to be a wimp and not push myself to try the best I can.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:57 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

where did the hunger go???

It's 2:28pm and I just finished lunch!! Yeah...I know..I can't believe it. Usually I'm eating lunch at 11:45am..but I was feeling great and busy doing stuff around the house and guess what?

I did Turbo Jam Sculpt!! Yeah I pushed myself to workout. the learn and was sweaty but not a real work out. I'm so happy I didn't make excuses. I'm making wings in my slow cooker for dinner and I showered again and prepped lunch...don't have much protein in the house so I made another 2 eggs and fried up some turnips and chayote with CO (1T) and made a huge salade with garlic, kale, lettuce, tomato, 1T olive oil, salt. Just boiling up some water for green tea.

I can't wait to get to a point where I don't need to keep running back to this journal to report my life. I feel so obsessed but in fact I find it is like my diary and I really need to get my feelings out so I don't walk in a cloud and I can really process my feelings and thoughts instead of walking around with the weight on me.

I really am looking forward to the "fat" glow...no, not weight but the beautiful hair, nail and skin that comes along with eating good fats...rosy cheeks, nice supple skin. I also did some dry brushing before my shower and with 1/8 banana and pinch of rolled oats make a cleanser/mask that I put on my face and neck before my shower...felt pretty nice.

I am also looking forward to my first goal: 150lbs. I look great at 148lbs. So my first goal is actually to get to 150lbs.
Again this morning to my great surprise I was 168lbs and that means I really only have 18lbs to go. Even if I love 2 lbs per week, that's 9weeks divided by 4 that's 2 months and a week. But I know I'll have the fat-Atkins-turbo Jam advantage so I'm looking forward to what my results will be on Monday; my next weigh in.

I miss dressing up, I miss going out and shaking my booty. I love dancing, I love music and socializing. I miss speaking with others. I miss dancing!! I miss looking girley and I miss taking care of myself and all that maintenance stuff. My issues regarding body image confusion with self image has really hindered my confidence and my involvment in life. I want to take this step by step and not do what I did in the past where I did not process the weight loss journey and really understand how to do it in a pleasant way so I don't abuse myself. I can't wait to continue this journey today, tomorrow and NOW b/c I'm am here right now, making a choice to be happy, making a choice to take care of me, making a choice to feel good, making a choice not to poison myself with foods that I'm "allergic" to, making a choice to take advantage of the amazing body and beauty God has given me to take care of it

I want to get to know me again, to respect myself, to understand my boudaries and to NOT wonder in life in a fog or sleep.

Please, forgive me for the abuse I have done to you, the evil glares I gave you when you were heavier, the disgusted thoughts I thought b/c I gained weight, the work I put you through digesting overconsumption of food, the bloating I put you throuh after purging, the blood vessels that popped around your eyes b/c of the purge, the isolated world I put you in b/c of the shame I felt about you. I'm sorry self. I am sorry. I love you and I will promise right now that I will love and respect you and treat you like the Goddess you are so you can be happy and live life to the fullest and be able to share this spirit with those around you. Forgive me.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:53 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LynnScarlet
Stats: 173/156/133
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Please, forgive me for the abuse I have done to you, the evil glares I gave you when you were heavier, the disgusted thoughts I thought b/c I gained weight, the work I put you through digesting overconsumption of food, the bloating I put you throuh after purging, the blood vessels that popped around your eyes b/c of the purge, the isolated world I put you in b/c of the shame I felt about you. I'm sorry self. I am sorry. I love you and I will promise right now that I will love and respect you and treat you like the Goddess you are so you can be happy and live life to the fullest and be able to share this spirit with those around you. Forgive me.

This quote has helped me too. I need to work on self love myself.

Thanks for such a poetic, poignant description.
LynnScarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:46 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
Quote:
Hey Prozak..I don't know how to respond to you..do you have a journal...

I want' to ask you what you eat in the day to get your ratios 70%fat?
No journal, I tried once and found I just couldn't keep up and it was anther guilt object for me.

Here is a pretty typical day, you can swap the meat/veggies for any variety (fat and buttery of course LOL). I find that the more SATURATED fat i eat in a day, the more I lose... so coconut oil is a good thing to have around. I should add that i eat my meat and fat FIRST and then my veggies, and very rarely do I finish them, and I will say with honesty I do not get 20 grams of carbs, probably more like 12-15 most days. Also sometimes I can't even finish my steak either, I just eat until I am satisfied. it is kind of fun actually, like learning to eat all over again, but with dexterity LOL

Last edited by Margot 65; 06-01-2008 at 07:50 AM..
Margot 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

I don't know if it's the satiety of induction but I feel like I'm eating way too much or too much fat. I feel clogged.
Bk: 1 egg, 1T olive oil, salade, coffee with 2 tsp of heavy cream
sn: coffee and cream
lunch: bunless bison burger (organic) with 1oz garganzola salade
sn: 4 chicken wings and 1oz feta, 1/2oz blue cheese, cooked cauli (greasy)
dinner: 7oz rainbow trout cooked in CO lemon juice, ginger and garlic with 1 zuchinni coooked in 1/2T CO on a bed of arugula.

I am so tempted to go back to WW b/c I really feel guilty for eating all this high density caloric food. Like I said before, I feel satisfied but my issue is that I hope I'm losing weight. I stepped on the scale this afternoon and I was 170lbs..2 lbs more than yesterday, I know it's just daily fluctuation but still. I really want to know and believe and have faith that I'm doin what'sright for my body. I look at all the thin people around me and I see them eating bread, fruits and yogurts, milk non induction foods and they're thin. My sister who had a baby last year is now back in her size 4 and she is not LC. She eats very whole food style and has steadily lost weight. Frustrated!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:34 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Monday: I'm so tired. I did not do well last night. I was really down after Saturday b/c all the fat I was eating actually made me gain weight. I was feeling really gross. Anyway I'm really fed up b/c i hate eating all that fat even thought I am satisfied. Anyway, I've resolved that I"m going to watch my portions and listen to my body and eat whole foods. When I'm craving I will use the protein/fat tactic to stop but I really need to becareful, b/c I swear all that fat this weekend has maken my pants tight this morning..really frustrated. I believe in pro/fat but I need to watch what i eat.

so here we go:
bk: coffee and cream
snack: oats/1/8cupavocado/1/2cup apple/1T hemp protein/green tea
lunch: chili/veggies and dip/1/2cup raisins/12 almonds

I thought the cravings would come running back like a heard of cows but I'm fine, full and satisfied...I will see how this feels.

I didn't sleep until 4am..was starring at the tube all night...by brain was running 100miles per minute due to the fear and frustrations about my weight. I'm sooo tired. I'm going to get a workout in today. Turbo Jam.

Must drink all my water before I go home today.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

oh..plans for dinner will be salade and lots of veggies with some protein and fat.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:09 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

snack: I made "milk" with 2 T hnh and cocoa
I'm at 23
Old 06-03-2008, 07:09 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

lost today. lost. lost. I want to cry but I have not tears left. I feel so fat and useless. I hate this ultra focus on my weight. I just want to be happy and eat normal. I don't want to rush home from work to come home b/c I feel like crap. I don't know what to do. I hate how I'm so all or nothing with things...I want peace. I want to not have my life all around food and what I eat to dictate how I feel. I want to listen to my body and when I am hungry stop when I'm full exercise and live life, have friends and a LIFE. I'm so focused on me and I don't do anyting. Aside from my move..this is my chance, I don't have anything but my extra pounds. I've alienated soooo much from my life and I'm sick of it. I hate it.

This morning I woke up after a binge and purge. I hate myself these last couple of days. my mouth is burning and my skin is dry and the spots on my face from the pressure of purging is bothering me.

I drank my water, paraway, herbal supplement, 2tsp Noni and water water
I did 20min Turbo Jam
I toyed with the idea of doing the 20lbs in 20 days. I hate even thinking about this b/c really what I need to do is live the way I want to live. If I want to eat that way then do it. Today is the day that I want to live the life I want to live. So I need to choose things to do and eat and say that are me and the WOL I want to have. but I'm scared b/c I have this stupid deadline in my head to feel good in my skin in 14 days. I feel so screwed I want to scream. anyway I'm going to work to do something aside from thinking of this nonesense.

I want to say it: I hate myself and this perpetual abuse and stupidness I do. what's wrong with me.

But I want to say is: I love myself and I need to take my head out of the clouds and live life and I don't want to live life saying that I hate myself but that I love me. I need to turn off the TV and have a balanced life.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

wow. what a change of attitude can do to my life and perspective. I am so happy that I stayed with my commitment and pealed myself of of the floor. Work was great and busy. I believe I should take my lunch later in the day b/c time flies and my hunger is more under control. Had a great talk with my mom about life and thngs and for once she was honest with me and I told her this was the best thing.
I ate well today. all whole foods and felt great. No binge or purge. I also worked out again Turbo Jam cardio Party 1

coffee and cream
orange/ 1tsp fish oil
1 1/2 cup strawberries
veggies, cup of rice, tofu
orange
water, diet coke1/2 cup of coffee and cream
homemade soup with 6oz sweet potato and 3 tsp of coco milk
recovery pudding after workout/aloe juice/lime juice water

points wise I'm left with 1.5pt..so 22/5

I've taken my melatonin and going to bed. Bonsoir!

Last edited by healed01; 06-03-2008 at 08:28 PM..
Old 06-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Wednesday:
Much better today. Whole fresh foods and watching my macros and portions. I worked out today again. Turbo Jam with gloves fat blast. I'm starting to awaken out of my obsessiveness and enjoy and understand what life is about and until I start living it NOW and not obsess about food and weight and know that the weight loss is a journey via the WOE that I want to do forever, then I won't lose weight. So the key is to do what I like method that is beneficial for my health and weight loss that I can continue life

bk: coffe and cream
orange
lunch: salade, chicken, salsa, black beans cheese
snack: soy latte
apple and carrots
orange
dinner: kale, brussel sprouts, oil, onion garlic, blue cheese, lime juice
tea
Old 06-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Thursday:

Exercise: walk home and Turbo Jam sculpt

Food:
coffee and cream
orange and 5 almonds, 1/2 slice of deli meat
1 slice of whole grain bread (I know; bad but just one) with chicken breast avo, dijon and veggies
bowl of veggie soup
soy latte ( bad soy)
orange, organic cheese, almonds and 5 baby carrots, raisins
Kale salade

Cravings under control. I'm loving my coffe and cream in the morning but I would like to go easy on the carbs at this stage where I would like to lose weight this week. My portions are good and Im enjoying food again. NOt saying no to eating out with friends b/c I'm scared I won't be able to eat legal foods or that I'll send myself in cravings. The raisins (1/8cup) and fruit kind of felt unnecessary ...was hot afterwards. I'm glad though after my walk home that I jumped straight into my workout. Sweaty sweaty. After reading more and understanding what works, I would like to continue increasing my greens and fresh local foods and up my sat fats but not too much on the carbs until I lose weight and slowly lose. I would like to know my CCL b/c I believe that it will be valuable for me on how I control my portions. I'm still trying to understand how I can up my fats and not go crazy on the portions. I think I'm understanding that if I eat whole foods that the natural fat in them will give me right portions and macros..

anyway off to bed.