LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 06:11 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Reva72
Stats: Morbidly Obese
WOE: Weight Watchers plus
Start Date: 3/9/14
Reva72s Weightloss Journey

I am sitting here wondering where to start and what to say. A whole other year has flown by and I did absolutely nothing to get this unwanted weight off of this morbidly obese body. I want this fat suit removed so the real Reva can come out and enjoy life.

I know I can do it. I did it in 2003. I lost right at 120 pounds very rapidly. I felt great and looked descent. I was off all of my medications. You would think this would be enough to make me not travel the path to bad health again.

I KNOW I CAN DO THIS IF I PUT MY MIND AND HEART INTO IT!!

PLEASE FEEL FREE POST. I need all the support and guidence I can get. I am always open for new ideas and suggestions.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...s-journey.html

November goal is to reach 320 ( Goal met on 11/29/10)
December goal is to reach 305
(goal met on 1/01/11)
January goal is to reach 290(goal met on 1/25/11)
February goal is to reach 277(goal met 2/24/11)

Last edited by Reva72; 12-31-2007 at 06:46 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2007, 06:16 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

I logged onto ******. I plugged in my menu for the day. That site was once my best friend. I rarely put anything in my mouth that I didn't check with ****** first. I will regain I friendship once again.

According to ****** I need to lose 2.17 pounds a week to get to my goal of 180 by 5/20/09. This is very doable.

B~ 2 lg eggs fried, 2 thin strips bacon
L~ 1 can tuna, 1 lg boiled egg, 2 tbsp miracle whip
S~ 1 slice of cheese
D~ 6 oz chuck steak, 1.5 cups cauliflower, 1 tbsp butter
Old 12-31-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
seb

Gallery: seb
Stats: 205/171/140 5'6" 48
Start Date: Restart on 1-29-07
Hi Reva, I've seen your posts in the past. I wish you much luck on your journey. I know you can do it since you've done it in the past. Your menu looks great.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks a bunch Sue for having confidence in me.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:15 AM   #5
AMBIE

Gallery: mtsofmercy
Stats: see sig
WOE: RNY
Start Date: 04/16/07
You can do it!!! I am here cheering you on.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:46 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/18/14
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 28, 2012
Reva, good to see you!! I'm in the same boat and losing it AGAIN... We can do it!
Old 12-31-2007, 08:01 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TXLoser
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: January 2004
[COLOR="Purple"]Reva...
I am THRILLED to see you here journaling.

You know I support you and here to cheer you on to a successful 2008

You did this before and I KNOW you CAN and WILL do this again

The only thing in the menu is watch the Miracle Whip...I think that has sugar in it as opposted to Kraft Mayo. I know the taste is different, but just something to watch okay...
[/COLOR]
Old 12-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Amber you have always been such a good friend. You look amazing by the way.

Trish we will get this weight off once and for all.

Diane I can't beleive I waited this long to get back on plan and do something about it. I forgot to pick up some mayo at the store this weekend. I am going to make a run for the store here in a bit. I don't want to even tease myself with any sweetness.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:11 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

I haven't gotten out of my pj's yet. I have been lounging, watching the Law and Order Marathon. So, I didn't get out to buy mayo for my tuna. I ended up eatting some hot wings with ranch for dipping. It was much tastier. So far so good. I am down 80 oz of water. Woo Hoo!!! Theres been no thought of a soda either.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #10

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]One day at a time Reva...
Kudos on the no soda!!!!!!!![/COLOR]

Old 01-01-2008, 08:19 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Diane the night didn't turn out so well after all. Before I knew it, I popped open a regular can of pepsi and was eatting some peanut m&m's with the kids last night without even thinking. I did really well considering what I had done. Once I took a few sips and ate about 4 m%m's I said enough is enough. I know better.

The scale was down two pounds this morning so I am not gonna beat myself up completely over it. After all, today is a new day and a new year.

Todays plan is to stay in the house where it is warm. I only have a few more days off with the kids so I want to enjoy it while we can. It is supose to be a high of 27 today. brrrr..... I need to get some pics taken for my ebay stuff but thats about it.

B~ Had 1 cup of green tea with s/f vanilla davinci, 1 lg egg, 1 egg white
L~ Hamburger patty with 1 cup green beans
D~ Hamburger patty with 1 slice of cheese, 1.5 cups fried cabbage, 1 pat butter
S~ 2 oz cream cheese with s/f vanilla davinci
Old 01-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #12
AMBIE

Gallery: mtsofmercy
Stats: see sig
WOE: RNY
Start Date: 04/16/07
You're doing great today! I'm glad you stopped yourself last night w/ the m&m's! You can do this!!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:11 AM   #13

Any chance we can switch you to diet pop at least?
Okay, so you had some M&Ms..but you recognized what you were doing and stopped yourself!!!

Have a good on plan day Reva
Old 01-02-2008, 06:45 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!! The scale was down to 329.
I know I am in major carb overload when I can drop 6 pounds in one night.

I was a very good girl Yesterday and stayed on plan all day and all night with no temptations.

My first major goal is to get out of the 300's all together. I know I can do it and it will take time but I WANT IT NOW.....LOL.

Biggest Loser was so motivating last night. I set the Dvr to record all the episodes. I don't want to miss anything this season.

Diane I did drink two glasses of Diet Riet Yesterday. It had been awhile since I drank diet pop so I didn't even enjoy drinking the glass. I am hoping to get back to the point where I drink the stuff as a treat like I did in the past.

Amber, how are you doing? Thanks for the confidence girlie.

Diane, I almost forgot to ask, do you journal anywhere?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:57 AM   #15

Gallery: Silver Spice
WOE: no wheat
Start Date: October 24, 2010
Welcome back Reva! I've read your posts here and at other LC boards. I just wanted to offer you support and say STICK WITH IT! You can do it again

...... come join us on the Sticking To It thread.

(((I am hoping to see Diane back over there too I miss ya)))
Old 01-02-2008, 07:03 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Spice View Post
Welcome back Reva! I've read your posts here and at other LC boards. I just wanted to offer you support and say STICK WITH IT! You can do it again

...... come join us on the Sticking To It thread.

(((I am hoping to see Diane back over there too I miss ya)))

I will come check it out. Thanks
It is hard for me to commit to an everyday thread at the moment but I have so much going on but I will venture that way soon.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reva72 View Post
I will come check it out. Thanks
It is hard for me to commit to an everyday thread at the moment but I have so much going on but I will venture that way soon.
Many people on the STICKING thread don't post everyday.

However, that being said....I don't want to hurt your feelings, but you've mentioned before that it's easier to fall off the wagon when you don't post often... so, maybe you need the accoutibility? I am still sitting at 244, and have been here forEVER..... but right now for me, just maintaining beats gaining. I know if I had not had someone to share my journey with I would have given up already.

In order to get the supportive reminders and the encouragement you need, maybe you could commit to even one small "hello" a day? No pressure, just hoping to help you find the motivation you had before and make this YOUR YEAR!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reva72 View Post
Diane, I almost forgot to ask, do you journal anywhere?
Hey Reva...
I drink Diet Rite too...my thinking is that it is the lesser of the evil diet pops..although I do ocassionally have my Diet Pepsi

I currently am not journaling. I am thinking of at the scoop because I can edit...if they allowed us to edit journal entries I may do it here. 2007 was very disappointing for me regards to weight loss and I MUST do better in 2008. Who knows..I may start here...I am still thinking about it
Old 01-02-2008, 08:00 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Spice View Post
Many people on the STICKING thread don't post everyday.

However, that being said....I don't want to hurt your feelings, but you've mentioned before that it's easier to fall off the wagon when you don't post often... so, maybe you need the accoutibility? I am still sitting at 244, and have been here forEVER..... but right now for me, just maintaining beats gaining. I know if I had not had someone to share my journey with I would have given up already.

In order to get the supportive reminders and the encouragement you need, maybe you could commit to even one small "hello" a day? No pressure, just hoping to help you find the motivation you had before and make this YOUR YEAR!

You are right about needing the accountability and by no means hurt my feelings. Thanks for being here for me.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLoser View Post
Hey Reva...
I drink Diet Rite too...my thinking is that it is the lesser of the evil diet pops..although I do ocassionally have my Diet Pepsi

I currently am not journaling. I am thinking of at the scoop because I can edit...if they allowed us to edit journal entries I may do it here. 2007 was very disappointing for me regards to weight loss and I MUST do better in 2008. Who knows..I may start here...I am still thinking about it
I will be sure to find your journal when you do or make sure and let me know if you don't mind. I am a huge fan and supporter or yours. You have always been here for me. I do love the editing option.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

I had layed out a turkey to thaw that we got during Christmas and never cooked. I baked it this morning. OMG the house smells so yummy. It tasted even yummier......LOL

B~ 2 large boiled eggs, hot green tea with s/f vanilla davinci
L~ turkey leg, 1.5 cups salad with 1 tbsp ranch, 1 tbsp shredded cheese
D~ turkey, cauliflower with butter and 1 tbsp cheese, 1 tbsp ranch
S~ 2 oz cream cheese, 1 splenda packet, s/f vanilla davinci (if needed)
Old 01-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #22

[COLOR="Purple"]Menu looks yummy!!!

We cooked up a turkey over the weekend as well...that was my breakfast and lunch today. Put a roast in the crockpot as well that I used One Carb Ketchup and the KC Masterpiece low calorie (I think it is made with Splenda) bbq sauce. I may have that for dinner...if DH leaves me any[/COLOR]

Old 01-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #23

Im baking chicken with hot sauce on it. Making a salad and some beans to go with it.

We just got our weather warning for a hard freeze tonight and lows near 20. I need to go pick our oranges off the tree before we have frozen OJ ... LOL
Old 01-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Both of your food choices sound yummy to me. Roast is one of my favorites while low carbing.

We are very cold here in MO but luckily no freezing ice or snow.

I just finished up with dinner. I feel like I will be accomplishing another day on plan. WOO HOO!!!

I may bake some chicken wings tomorrow. Hot wings sound delish!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #25

Im back. The tree is picked and we have a huge laundry hamper full of oranges. We rescued and transplanted this tree after the 2004 hurricanes destroyed almost every other tree between my house and my neighbors house. The tree was on the property line and the neighbor wanted it gone, so we took it. Thought for sure it would die, but instead it's flourishing! The kids will have plenty of juice now

It was SOO cold I lost feeling in my fingers. Nice thing about being that cold, is when we came back inside it seemed warmer in here.. LOL
Old 01-03-2008, 06:54 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

My kids would be in heaven eating all those oranges. That is one of their favorite fruits.

It is only 12 degrees here and it is freezing. I have a ton of laundry to do but there is no way I am going in the laundry room on that cold floor. It will be there this evening when it warms up and the kids are home to help fold.....LOL.

The scale was kind to me again this morning. I was 226.4. This makes almost 10 pounds just since I started this week. Now, if it would all fall off that fast. The first go around it did seem to fall over very quickly. I did lose my first 100 pounds in only 7 months so I know it is possible but not likely since it is harder the second time around. I will take it one bite at a time and I will get to come when my body says it is time.

B~2 boiled eggs, hot green tea with s/f vanilly davinci
L~ turkey and cheese rollup, small lettuce salad with ranch
D~ chicken wings with fried cabbage, 1 pat butter
S~ 2 oz cream cheese mixture if needed
Old 01-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #27
seb

Gallery: seb
Stats: 205/171/140 5'6" 48
Start Date: Restart on 1-29-07
Ten pounds in a week is wonderful motivation, isn't it Reva. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

i just lost a post and it really urks me.

I decided to change my lunch menu again today. I do have a tendousy in doing this alot. I only wanted salad but knew I needed the protein. I had lettuce, ground beef, shred. cheese and ranch. It was very yummy. As I was eatting it I started feeling myself getting fuller quicker than normal. About half way thru I told myself I didn't have to eat the rest. This has been a first in a very long time. For some odd reason I have always felt like I should clean my plate instead of wasting. There are millions of starving people in this world. I took one more bite and said enough is enough. I immediately thru the rest in the trash can. This was a huge accomplishment and such a great feeling.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:09 AM   #29

[COLOR="Red"]You are doing GREAT Reva...

You know how to do this and it is great to see you back in the game.

KUTGW and congrats on the loss so far!!![/COLOR]

Old 01-04-2008, 05:22 AM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Diane it feels awesome to be back in the game. Its amazing how much better I feel in only a few short days. I tried to take a nap with Dh Yesterday evening like I normally do when he has to work nights and I couldn't . I had way to much energy. This is a first in a long time.

The scale was down two more pounds this morning. I am hoping all of this weight sticks for my official weigh in. I am gonna keep a close eye on Biggest Loser this season so I think it would be interesting to see how much I can lose total each week in comparison to all the hard work they are doing.

I have got to get my butt in gear and doing some sort of exercise. There is a new free gym in town at a local church that I want to start going to but it has been so cold they haven't been open I guess. It is so nice. They invested 1.2 million dollars into it. It has a track and everything. I can't weight to become a regular. The good part of it is that you don't have to be a member at that church either. It is free to the public.

I am not 100% posotive on my menu yet but this is what I have come up with so far.

B~hot green tea with s/f vanilla davinci, 3 strips bacon
S~ lots of water
L~ salad with lettuce, ground beef, shred. cheese and ranch
D~ round steak, cauliflower with butter and cheese
S~ hot green tea with s/f vanilla davinci
Closed Thread