Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #1681
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Reva- can you get to the gym while the kids are home? Maybe that would help a bit, you seemed to enjoy going there? The heat is tough it really makes you hold on to every drop of water in your bod, the humidity is brutal here so I can imagine it is worse down south!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #1682
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Reva72
Stats: Morbidly Obese
WOE: Weight Watchers plus
Start Date: 3/9/14
Every extra dime we have right now is being spent on the kids and groceries. I wish I could but it's not in the budget at the moment. We still have the extra two girls so it looks like I am buying school clothes for all my kids plus two. As soon as kids go back to school I am going for sure. It's only 30 bucks a month.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #1683

Well that is nice you can pay as you go, my gym I am committed, so even when I had surgery and couldn't work out I still had to pay out, LOL Well you might have to run, run far away from the kids, LOL I think a house full of all those kids could make me an Olympic Sprinter
Old 07-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #1684
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
You'll go when you can! Until then just keeeep moving!!! You're doing great!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #1685
Big Yapper!!!!

I haven't' weighed in several days but I do know the scale is up. I can tell the way my clothes feel. I know I probably just bloated but its not a good feeling. I am going to start being very strict starting tomorrow again. I am going to weigh out all of my meats and veggie portions. This is just crazy. I felt like I went no where fast for the past few months.` I would really like to get another 20 pounds off before my 1 year atkinsversary. I know I can do it. It is just the matter of disciplining myself again.

School starts for the kids in less than a month. I am so not looking forward to all the school shopping but on a good not I have one less to buy for this school year. It looks like the two girls we took in will be leaving to go to their grand parents on August 9th. I will have had them for the past two months. I will miss them but so ready to get my house back to normal. The little guy will be heading back home around the same time.

On a good note, I have a good friend that just moved to town a few weeks ago. She just became a Zumba instructor where she came from. She is going to start teaching me on Tuesday at her house or mine. I am super excited. I haven't hardly touched the dvd's I bought so they will finally pay off. I will have to let you know how it goes.

I made my Dad a birthday cake last night and decorated. I found some cake mix and icing that is made with Splenda. I am almost tempted to eat a piece but I can't bring myself to do it.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...s-journey.html

November goal is to reach 320 ( Goal met on 11/29/10)
December goal is to reach 305
(goal met on 1/01/11)
January goal is to reach 290(goal met on 1/25/11)
February goal is to reach 277(goal met 2/24/11)
Old 07-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #1686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/231/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Hi Reva,

It is good to hear the girls are on their way to family.

On bloating - I wonder if the heat is getting to you?

Ugh, the cake - nothing bloats me up more than flour.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #1687

Reva- I know how you feel I only lost 23 pounds since 4/2 when I had my arm surgery, ughghg!!!! Its gets so frustrating and tiresome!!!! The weight slows down, life gets in the way, it will come off!!!! You can do it, I hope you like Zumba! I felt like an a**, LOL You can do it hun!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #1688
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sara7272
Stats: 269/242/160 5'4"-31yo
WOE: Low carb my own way, started at 280 in 9/2010
Start Date: Starting over.... 1/6/14
Girl, you need to start by updating those goals in your signature!!!!!!!! You got this!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #1689
Major LCF Poster!

HEY Reva!!! Great News on the girls!!! And good news for you too!!! I wish you wouldn't be so hard on yourself. You have done and awesome job and are such an inspiration. You have been losing just fine. How can you be disappointed when last year this time you hadn't even started??? Now let's go buckeroo!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #1690
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG I am so frustrated. I have got to get out of this rut and kick it into high gear. I didn't realize how much I have taken on with all the extra expenses being added. I am feeling like I am in never ending downward spiral.

I have managed to start a little school shopping but I feel like I can't take much more. I don't like this feeling either.

I miss the gym, I miss being able to do for me, I miss feeling good about myself, I miss being able to treat myself to some new clothes here and there. I just want this night mare to end.

I have hardly anything left to wear these days. I think that is one of the reasons I am feeling bad about myself again. I need to just get off of my a$$ and quit feeling sorry for myself.

SORRY JUST NEEDED TO VENT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #1691
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Reva, I am so sorry you're going through this, yeah kick your self, be done with it and get back on that dang horse. I miss seeing you on here, I might try and call you tomorrow evening if you will be home. Love ya sweetie.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #1692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so sorry to hear of your situation, Reva. I'm thinking of you.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:28 AM   #1693

Reva- I know you have been doing an awful lot with all these kids, but you have to take care of you, or you cant be the best you can for them!!!!! Try to use hubs and the older kids to help you, it will pass, but I know its hard when you are in the thick of it! We miss you!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 AM   #1694
Big Yapper!!!!

Laura I should be home all day tomorrow. I have a lot of cleaning I need to get done that I have put off all week. My cell number has changed. I will message you and give it to ya. I miss you!

Amber I miss you too lady!!! I just keep telling myself its only for one more week and then I can get my house and me back to normal. I am trying to get some stuff gathered up for the City Wide Yard sale on the 13th. I am using all the money for school stuff and me some clothes. I just just hope I can make a few hundred dollars. I need to get me some clothes badly. I got most of Cody's stuff Yesterday so I am in good shape with him which is a relief. Now, all he needs is shoes and his back pack.

KT thank you for thinking of me. I miss all you guys a lot!!!

I promise to get in here and post more this week.

As sad as it is, the scale was at 265 this morning. I refuse to see the scale get back in the 70's. Its time for me to get this weight off DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!! I am making out a menu for me for the next several days today and going to follow it strictly. I need to get back in the 40's as quick as possible.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:51 AM   #1695
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sara7272
Stats: 269/242/160 5'4"-31yo
WOE: Low carb my own way, started at 280 in 9/2010
Start Date: Starting over.... 1/6/14
Hey girl, I feel your pain on the no clothes!!! I just did another purge and I barely have anything left! Thankfully I have my mom to alter some things so I'm not the naked girl on the street

What sizes are you in now? Maybe I can send some stuff your way? I know I've got a much bigger booty than you though, so my pants will probably be way too big, which sucks because I've got like 3 pairs of jeans that I have to let go of

Let me know boo! And keep your head up! You are a strong woman and we all know you can do this!

Goal #1- 230- Back to pre-preg weight
Goal #2- 199- Back to Onederland
Final Goal- 160- For now, then reassess

New LCF Journal- TBA!
My neglected blog- BaconBeatsBread.com
Old 07-31-2011, 09:48 AM   #1696
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Sara!!!! I have missed you girlie!!!! I had my mom alter some of my bigger clothes last month. Thank God for Moms!!

I am in 18/20 shirts and mostly 18 bottoms but can still wear some 20's. My body is a weird shape. I think I carry most of my weight in my chest and thighs and calves.

I need all my LCF family!! I don't know where I would be today without you guys. It seems I get so darn depressed lately and instead of turning to ones who care I just keep it bottled up inside of me. I then tend to stuff myself with food. I have had a few off plan items over the past few weeks but nothing I would beat myself up over and nothing that has sent me into a downward food eating spiral so I am thankful I have remained strong enough in that area.

For those of you who would like my new number I will be happy to message it to you. I can explain later....LOL!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #1697

Reva- I am so sorry hun, I know how hard it is, you have so much stress on you, getting yourself in line again with the low carb will help, it will be the one thing you can control, I look at it like that, control the things you can, and that is one, the eating!!!!

I smoked, I am a loser in the quitting smoking dept, it sucks to come on and admit it to all the girls who have helped and encouraged me, just like it took you courage to come back and say you need help, that is the first step, admitting we need help!!!! Get back to good eating, weigh in here daily and it will come off again, dont fret!!! It comes and goes again, and you have lots of issues with the heat and swelling most of it is water bloat not actual fat pounds, so no worries!!!!

We love ya hun, whatever you need you speak up!!!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:31 PM   #1698
Major LCF Poster!

Well this rut has a hold of quite a few of us!!! And I for one am not having it at all. This rut can kiss my newly re-forming butt!! I am sick of the backsliding and BSin this last month. So I'm back on plan in the morning! Drinking water as we speak even though since I kicked up to 100 ounces a day I am heavier. I'm not getting on the scale until Friday because I don't need another reason to start tomorrow or next Monday on anyday except for now. I got 8 freaking pounds that I am sick of letting them stand in my way by guarding the gate to Twoterville!!!

I've been cashless so many time I can hardly count and finally got it back together. GOOD LUCK WITH THE YARD SALE!!! WE ARE HERE!!! I'll check in more often!!! You started with me and even though you losted a million times more, I draw such stength from you and all you do!!! Please keep posting!!! WE NEED YOU TOO!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #1699
Big Yapper!!!!

I stepped on the scale this morning and it wasn't pretty.

Aug. 1 ~ 267.2

I am refusing to let msyelf get any higher than this. So, I am going to start posting my daily weight and meals again. It truly has helped me stay focused all these months so I am starting today.

B~ Nothing
L~ 2 boiled eggs, sliced tomato and cucumber
D~ chicken wings, ranch, zucchini and squash with onions
S~ s/f jello with cool whip

I am also drinking tons of water today. (Thanks for the chat this morning Laura).
Old 08-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #1700
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Reva- I am so sorry hun, I know how hard it is, you have so much stress on you, getting yourself in line again with the low carb will help, it will be the one thing you can control, I look at it like that, control the things you can, and that is one, the eating!!!!

I smoked, I am a loser in the quitting smoking dept, it sucks to come on and admit it to all the girls who have helped and encouraged me, just like it took you courage to come back and say you need help, that is the first step, admitting we need help!!!! Get back to good eating, weigh in here daily and it will come off again, dont fret!!! It comes and goes again, and you have lots of issues with the heat and swelling most of it is water bloat not actual fat pounds, so no worries!!!!

We love ya hun, whatever you need you speak up!!!!!
It was huge for you to just come on here and admit what you did Amber. You are so inspiring to all of us here at LCF!!! Don't let the slip up get you down. You are a fighter and I know you can do this. I have all the confidence in the world in you.

Thank you for always being here for me. It means the world to me. I am always here for everyone as well.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #1701
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini72 View Post
Well this rut has a hold of quite a few of us!!! And I for one am not having it at all. This rut can kiss my newly re-forming butt!! I am sick of the backsliding and BSin this last month. So I'm back on plan in the morning! Drinking water as we speak even though since I kicked up to 100 ounces a day I am heavier. I'm not getting on the scale until Friday because I don't need another reason to start tomorrow or next Monday on anyday except for now. I got 8 freaking pounds that I am sick of letting them stand in my way by guarding the gate to Twoterville!!!

I've been cashless so many time I can hardly count and finally got it back together. GOOD LUCK WITH THE YARD SALE!!! WE ARE HERE!!! I'll check in more often!!! You started with me and even though you losted a million times more, I draw such stength from you and all you do!!! Please keep posting!!! WE NEED YOU TOO!!!
I need all of you here at LCF as well!!! Thank you for stopping in and checking up on me. I normally drink 150 oz of water a day or more. I have been at a zero level for over a month now. I got myself addicted to Dt. Mt Dew and need to give the stuff up.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #1702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Reva - hang in there...it will come right back off!!!

I can bloat SEVERAL pounds depending on what I'm doing, and it comes back off.

Heh, I love seeing gelatin on your menu. I have it daily (make my own from Knox, flavoring, and splenda). It is supposed to be a better balance of amino acids and I think it make a big difference for me if I have it in the evening. I really settle down with it hunger-wise. Eggs-gelatin is an amazing one-two punch combo for knocking out hunger!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #1703

Carb bloat comes off with water I was 216 Friday from my reckless eating, I tightened it up and did sort of starve but it came off by today, so it goes quickly!!! You can do it you are the queen of strictness!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #1704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Reva hang in there hun, it will come back off. When does school start there? It starts on Aug 16th here.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #1705
Major LCF Poster!

One LCF's ugly is another one's dream!!! You still have lost over 100 pounds!!! I made turkey chili but it isnt that tasty...lol I'm gonna eat it anyway...and hope for the melt. Good job keeping track again.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #1706
Big Yapper!!!!

Martini, turkey chilli actually sounds really good. I may make that one day next week.

Amber, thanks for having confidence in me. WTG on getting that bloat back off. The scale was down this morning some so it makes me happy.

nikki, school starts on the 18th here. I am so looking forward to it!

KT eggs always seem to put me in deep ketosis when I eat them regularly. I didn't get to eat the jello last night but its on the menu for tonight.

Aug. 1 ~ 267.2
Aug. 2 ~ 263.0

B~ 2 scrambled eggs, 2 strips bacon
L~ tuna, boiled egg, dukes mayo, cucumbers
D~ grilled chicken tenders, ranch, zucchini with fried onions
S~ jello if needed

Only drank a 1/2 of the last Mt Dew can I had Yesterday. I made some s/f tea and it was good aside from the sinus and no caffiene headache I had all day Yesterday.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:47 AM   #1707

Oh yeah Reva if the diet Mt. Dew has as much caffeine as the regular that is a crap load!!! I used to drink regular Mt. Dew at my fattest of course, I remember when I gave that up even with all the coffee I had one nasty headache! Can you get green tea with caffeine? That might help
Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #1708
Big Yapper!!!!

I am sure if I could get some green tea with caffeine some where but I think I will just deal with the headache a few days and get over it.

LOL I was out doing some errands earlier and without thinking got a 32oz diet Mt dew. When I got it home and in the house Jeriah dumped it for me. I was like O M G that is such a blessing in disguise. I knew I didn't need the soda from the get go.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #1709
Major LCF Poster!

awww shucks!!! BACK ON THE BULL!!! 4 pounds of BLOAT PEED AWAY!!!

GO REVA GO!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #1710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great menu! Tuna is an old diet staple of mine. I learned that one from a weight watchers counselor when I was a kid. She told me if I wanted to lose weight to eat tuna salad everyday. It totally worked.

It's good to see you doing so well, headache aside. I think it helps not to have soda, even diet, because I am uncontrollable and will drink a 32 oz then refill it! I hope the headache clears up soon!
Closed Thread