Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KrystaLyn
Stats: 173.0/164.0/135 (pre-preg 162/135)
Start Date: Post-pregnancy start: 03/02/2011
~KrystaLyn~ "Let's Change This Body!" Journal

So I am back for another year of LC eating. I decided, a new year, new journal (but I am keeping a link to my old journal in my siggy.) Besides, I have a different focus this year, hence the new name of this journal. But first, I need to explain what has happened recently.

As everyone knows, my husband returned from a 15 month deployment on October 21st. It was a challenge adjusting for both of us. But obviously we did it, and now it diesn't even feel like we were separated for such a long time. But I fell back into my old habits of cooking for Will...and eating it all right along side him. However, I was doing a pretty good job of maintaining my weight in the high 130's, probably because I also started running with my friend in the mornings. Well, Thanksgiving came and went and shortly afterwards, I found out I was pregnant. Obviously I wasn't eating LC at the time, especially once I found out, and was either queasy or hungry all the time and, because we were also traveling at the time, I was eating whatever I could stomach, or what was available at the time. Unfortunately, twelve days ago, I miscarried. My body is still messed up. I have been spotting or bleeding for 12 days now, but at the same time, my monitor is telling my I am at peak fertility (I know my hormones are messing it up) while at the same time the ovulation kits are coming back negative. My temperatures are finally low again (they stayed high for 7 days after I started to miscarry), so I know that I haven't, in fact, ovulated again, despite what the monitor is telling me. My emotions have been a roller coaster. I have been really bloated from the hormones, and on top of that, I have been eating whatever I want, especially over this past week of Christmas. I know from how my clothes are fitting, that I have gained back some major weight. I am getting back on track on January 1 and am not going to weigh myself until then.

SO~my goal for the month of January is to get my body back on track, both hormonally and weight-wise by exercise and diet. And my goal for the year is in the title of this new journal. I'm naming this journal "Let's Change This Body!" because I want to either finish what I started last year and reach my goal of 120-125 lbs, OR I want to change my body by hopefully getting pregnant again, having it stick this time, and seeing if I can do a successful LC pregnancy. Either way my body will definitely change this year!

Last edited by KrystaLyn; 12-30-2007 at 08:26 AM..
KrystaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2007, 06:39 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Well, today I am going to make a grocery list and stock up so that I have everything ready to go for tomorrow. There are some things that I am actually looking forward to, like Cheesecake Pudding! I'm still having some serious bloating and cramping, so I am not looking forward to weighing tomorrow morning, but I've got to do what I've got to do, right?

Unfortunately, I don't know where my food diary from last year is, and I don't think I starting journaling here until I had finished Induction last year, so I don't have a reference for my Induction menus to look back on. Oh well, it's not like I don't know what I'm doing, it's just nice to have a reference to look back on. I'm going to do a graph chart of my weight like I did last time, too. Maybe I will do an online one this year, too, so I can post it here in my journal.

My friend who I started running with is out of town until the 9th, but that is probably ok because I'm usually pretty weak while I'm on Induction. I usually don't start exercising until I've moved on to OWL. However, I might start again once she gets back, depending on how I feel.

Here is another thing I have been contemplating. I've been thinking about doing a kind of cycling version of Atkins, where I go into ketosis for 3-4 weeks until I ovulate, and then go off for 2 weeks, or until I know if I am pregnant or start my period again. I am concerned, now that I am actively trying to get pregnant again, about being in ketosis when there is a possibility of becoming pregnant. Fortunately, I chart my cycle, so I know exactly when I ovulate, which makes it easy for me to up my carbs to just above the level where I am in ketosis as soon as I ovulate. And since my luteal phase is always 13-14 days, I will only be out of ketosis for 2 weeks, whereas I will be IN Ketosis for 3-4 weeks, since I usually don't ovulate until sometime between the 20th and 27th day of my cycle. With my cycle as whacked out as it is right now, who KNOWS when I will ovulate again and get back on a normal cycle? It could be well into February before I ovulate again, which gives me quite awhile to be in Ketosis before going out of it the first time.

Anyway, I'd better get going on my day. Tomorrow is the day! I am really feeling ready to start up again. I'm looking forward to getting back on track and feeling healthy again! Stats posted tomorrow!

Last edited by KrystaLyn; 12-31-2007 at 06:41 AM..
Old 12-31-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
seb

Gallery: seb
Stats: 205/171/140 5'6" 48
Start Date: Restart on 1-29-07
Krysta, it's so good to see you back.

I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. I miscarried my first pregnancy almost 20 years ago, so I understand the emotions and hormonal things you are going through. It does get easier, but you will always wonder about that baby. I just know that that when I get to heaven I will see my baby girl, who would be 19 right now.

There are so many bumps in the road in our lives, but it's great that Will is home and things are back to normal for you. It will make it so much easier to get back on plan. Cheesecake pudding - yum. Maybe I'll make some today.

Have fun shopping for all your LC groceries.
seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nolagina
Stats: 236/169/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: December 2006
Hey Krysta, welcome back....

You should check out Linda Sue's site.. As you know, she's got great recipes for Induction.

I'll say again here that I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. I know you and Will really want children... It will happen.

Be nice to yourself... Getting back on LC is one of the nicest things you can do....
nolagina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:52 AM   #5
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 232.4/231.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/11/14
Kysta ,

Sorry to hear of your loss.

You have set a great plan in play and the the best is yet to come for you and Will. You can do this and I know you will.
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:01 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Hey sweetie.. so good to see you..

so sorry about your loss.. ..

I am glad your back hun.. you will get the extra pound soff in no time...

I will be starting up again as well.. we can do this !!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:26 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Sue, Gina, Godsbeloved & Monet... Its SO GOOD to see your faces once again and thanks so much for your sympathy

I'm really ok with things because I was only 4 1/2 weeks when I miscarried, so besides the nausea, sore boobs and bloating, I didn't really feel any different, so it wasn't really "real" to me yet. Don't get me wrong, I cried and had a hard time when I realized that I was going to miscarry, but I decided to just pick myself up and move on instead of dwell on it. The hardest part is that I am still not done with the process...I've been bleeding for over 2 weeks now, and I just wish it would stop

But now, January 1st, 2008. Re-Inducting today. I was looking back at last years journal and I found my favorite post about how to keep resolutions and decided to re-post it yet again. It's good for me to keep remembering these things:

1: Make your resolution non-negotiable (make your commitment choice-less, and keep your commitment to yourself)
2: Make it actionable (make your goal concrete and translate your desires into actions)
3: Come up with solutions for your usual excuses (Don't HOPE things will be different this time, write down your specific excuses and create strategies in advance for dealing with them)
4: Schedule it in (treat your resolution as an appointment that you HAVE to keep)
5: Do it daily (the Dalai Lama's one work answer to living a healthy life? Routine)
6: Monitor your behavior (a diary to log your progress)
7: Focus on the horizon (Look at how far you have come, not how much you have left to do)
8: Take it one choice at a time (take the time, when you are struggling with your resolution, to tell yourself I am CHOOSING to...)
9: Treat yourself kindly (You're doing the best you can, don't beat yourself up over your little stumbles along the way)

I didn't get to go shopping yesterday. Will was sure the stores would be too busy and convinced me to wait until today. Fortunately, I have plenty of eggs and bacon to start off today until I can get the rest of my "supplies." We will see how Will does with a LC diet I know he is supportive of me losing weight, but we will see how he likes the food for himself!

I haven't weighed yet, so hang on and I will go do it...Ok, back and the results are in and they are not so good. My official starting weight is...145.2 lbs! YIKES! It was actually fluctuating between 145.0 and 145.2, but as you know, I take the highest weight So I am exactly 13 lbs less than I was last year at this time, which is only 13 lbs compared to 24 lbs, which I was down to in September, but at the same time, I am still 13 lbs. less than I was last year at this time. But I will lose it. I know it's going to be a killer the next few days, transitioning into Ketosis. I'm probably going to get a great headache tonight. But I am SO ready to get back to feeling good again!
Old 01-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Low Carb Mommy
Stats: 175/118 /New wt. 153/137/120
WOE: Atkins & Watching Calories-Starting over
Start Date: September 2006/2014
I finally found your new journal! Stupid me didn't realize you had it linked in your siggy. Anyway, it is so good to have you back here. I missed you sooooooooo much.

So sorry about you and Will's first child. I have two children in heaven. My first little boy (Joel) I lost at 14 weeks. My second little boy (Noah), I lost at 18 weeks. It is never easy to lose the hopes and dreams of a baby. It is however very encouraging to know that you are able to get pregnant. I am sure it will happen again soon for you two.

I'm proud of you for getting right back to your plan. You can do it and it will come back off fast. I remember when we first met every day you would record weight loss. I am sure to be very jealous when your numbers start dropping. I will have to get busy or you will catch up with me again very soon.

I love ya and look forward to talking with you real soon!

My Journey to Success
Getting back to the skinny me!
"Long life to you! Good health to you and your household! And good health to all that is yours!" Samuel 25:6
Low Carb Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
Atkineer For Life

Hey Krysta,

I hope Day 1 is going well for you. I started Induction today myself, and I'm feeling pretty good.

I even managed to get a walk in while taking the boys to the Park.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:55 PM   #10

Krista..

here we go0o0o0o0o my friend.. let's do this !!...

I have to go ...The Biggest Looser is about to come on..
Old 01-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Beth~ Im so glad to finally see you in here! I've missed you too, and am so excited to get back in the swing of things with you. I hope you are right about the weight coming off quick!!

Godsbeloved, Day 1 is almost over and I am happy about that! Its gone pretty well so far for me. Great job on getting some exercise in there...that's better than me!

Monet, I'm watching Biggest Loser as I type this! I love it!

So today I did fine as far as not cheating, because I hardly ate anything! Not on purpose, I just went grocery shopping and when I got home, before I could fix anything for lunch, I had friends come over which took my afternoon away. So I am drinking a protein shake right now to up my carbs to at least 10! I will post my full menu tomorrow.

Like I said, I am happy the first day is almost over because I can then say I have one day under my belt and I am that much closer to losing the weight. I am just hoping that I see even a little loss on the scale tomorrow, even though I know it takes a day or two to get into ketosis. I guess we will see!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good job getting day 1 under your belt. It may not take you as long to get into ketosis as you think (especially if you are exercising). You can do this. Can't wait to see your numbers go down as well. Take care of yourself. Remember you are still healing inside. Rest is also a key to weight loss. Also, if you are still bleeding you may already be lower in weight than you think due to bloating.

I think you are going to find that it is not going to be as hard as you think eating low carb with Will around. I'm sure he will be your biggest supporter!!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:18 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I weighed this morning and lost exactly 4 lbs!! I was 141.2! I couldn't believe it, but then again, last year I lost 3 pounds the first day. It makes me happy because I will be back in the 130's in no time Here was my menu for yesterday:

B- 2 eggs sprinkled w/ cheese - 1.5
2 bacon - 0
D- Green Bean Casserole - 4
S- Choc. Protein Shake - 6.5

Total = 12 carbs

No exercise yesterday, but my friend gets back on the 9th and I will probably start running with her again once she is home.

Well, Will wants to go to lunch, so I have to hop in the shower and get ready. I will check back later!

Last edited by KrystaLyn; 01-02-2008 at 08:19 AM..
Old 01-02-2008, 08:31 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thriftygirl
Stats: 165/161/135
WOE: CAD
Start Date: April 13, 2009
Hi Krysta,

First, very, very sorry for your loss. Please consider yourself hugged.

Second, thanks for journaling so frequently. It has been motivating for me as I sometimes just stop by to read. I want to be better at it in 2008.

Congrats also on your 4 lb. loss what a motivating start.

Have a great day.
thriftygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!! I am so proud for you! You will be in the 130's in no time. You have got to be one of the few people who can take a few months off and eat whatever you want to come back and drop it right away. I don't think I would be so lucky. I am very happy for you. Did I tell you already that it's good to have you back on here?????
Old 01-02-2008, 08:52 AM   #16
seb

What a great loss, Krysta! You're on your way to goal.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

So I just thought I would post that I am in large ketosis already! I didn't bother checking this morning, cause I thought it would be too soon, but I checked about an hour ago and sure enough, dark pink and LARGE
Old 01-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I told you so!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:39 PM   #19
Atkineer For Life

WTG on gettin into ketosis . Boy is that feeling, "priceless". Take care and have a great night !
Old 01-03-2008, 06:54 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning, Beth, Sue, Thrifty, and Godsbeloved! Thanks for your posts yesterday!

Well, I'm down another full pound this morning...140.2! That's a full 5 lbs in 2 days! At this rate, I will be back down to 135 within the month! But I shouldn't speak too soon...I don't want to jinx myself!

Yeasterday I didn't start out with much food, but I ended it with a good, solid meal. It's taking a little time to get back into the groove of cooking LC, especially with Will here now. Yesterdays menu looks like this:

B - Atkins breakfast bar - 2
2/3 c. CC - 2

S/L - 2 celery sticks &2-3 grape tomatoes w/ dip - 3-4
1 cheese stick - 1
1 jello w/ whipped cream - 1

D - Smoky Bones (No nutritional info online, so I'm totally guessing: )
Steak - 0
broccoli - 5?
Salad w/ blue cheese dressing - 5?

Total - about 20

Last night I boiled some eggs, so I will probably have some egg salad for lunch, and I will put some on bread for Will, and make some mac and cheese to go with it for him. Tonight it might just be hamburgers, or maybe a casserole of some sort. And I think for breakfast, a protein shake will do me

Last edited by KrystaLyn; 01-03-2008 at 07:01 AM..
Old 01-03-2008, 07:46 AM   #21
seb

You're on a roll

This is just the motivation you need to stay on track!

What are smoky bones?
Old 01-03-2008, 08:13 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Morning, Sue! Smoky Bones is a BBQ Restaurant. I usually get their ribs, but obviously, I will have to hold off on those for awhile...
Old 01-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow girl! You are so close to the 130's!!! KUTGW! How are you feeling?
Old 01-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #24
seb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystaLyn View Post
Morning, Sue! Smoky Bones is a BBQ Restaurant. I usually get their ribs, but obviously, I will have to hold off on those for awhile...
I thought it was some kind of snack food.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Beth, I'll be honest, I'm feeling weak and lethargic. I took a nap this afternoon, and am about to go out and get some Wendy's because I am too tired to cook. I hope this lethargy is over soon!
Old 01-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #26
Atkineer For Life

You are doing a good job Krysta !
Old 01-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #27

Hiya Krista....

your menu looks great.. ..I had some veggies and dip myself yesterday..

We have a Smokie Bones here as well.. in the next town over anyway.. my MIL swears by a salad they make and says I need to go.. maybe I will soon?..

I will keep you in my prayers sweetie.. you should be getting your energy back soon.. ..
Old 01-04-2008, 06:41 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I'm up slightly from yesterday...140.4. I felt like poop all day yesterday. I was weak and queasy all day. I made a cheesecake to keep around to snack on and used all SF syrup in it instead of part Splenda and part syrup and I didn't like the texture as well...more eggy than cheesecakey, so next time I will make it with part Splenda despite it adding a few extra carbs. But I will still eat what I made because it doesnt TASTE bad, just the texture isnt how I like it.
Here is the menu from yesterday:

B - 2 eggs scrambled w/ cheese and cream - 2

L - Protein shake and a couple licks of cheesecake batter - 5.5

S - a slice of cheesecake - 2

D - Wendy's Baconator - 4
side salad - 7
rootbeer w/ cream - .5

Total = 21 carbs

I'm hoping today I don't feel queasy and that I start to get my energy back. On another note, today I am going on my 18th day of bleeding from the miscarriage. It's not heavy, but still, that can't be normal. I also have still been having slight cramps going along with it. That has got to stop at some point, too, doesn't it? It just seems like a LONG time to be bleeding. My body is so messed up
Old 01-04-2008, 06:46 AM   #29
seb

I don't remember how long I bled after my miscarriage; it's been 20 years this month and my memory isn't that great. Maybe you should call your doc.

Hope you feel better today. I wonder if the queasiness is a result of ketosis?

I much prefer cheesecake with granular splenda. I've made it with Davincis, but I don't like the texture. I'll take a few more carbs and get a better product.

My DD just got a job at Wendy's. I keep asking her if I get free Baconators.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:20 AM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Reva72
Stats: Morbidly Obese
WOE: Weight Watchers plus
Start Date: 3/9/14
Krysta I found your journal and decided to pop in and say your are doing a great job and your menu looks good.

Your energy will come back soon. Are you taking any vitamins?
Reva72 is offline   Reply With Quote