Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Low Carb Mommy
Stats: 175/118 /New wt. 153/137/120
WOE: Atkins & Watching Calories-Starting over
Start Date: September 2006/2014
I'm so glad that you can put all your worry behind you and move on to fully healing. I'm also thankful that you had no damage done to your tubes. We don't ever understand why these things happen. I'm just glad to know God when they do. I will be praying for a quick recovery so you will be full of energy again. It's good to know tonight that you are OK. I love ya my friend. Take it easy until the bleeding stops.
Low Carb Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2008, 06:15 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KrystaLyn
Stats: 173.0/164.0/135 (pre-preg 162/135)
Start Date: Post-pregnancy start: 03/02/2011
Thanks, Beth I really appreciate all the concern from everyone this past week. It has been really an emotional week for me. Last night, a lady from church came over and brought me a loaf of bread and said she was thinking about me, which was sweet. Fortunately, I have't gotten back on the wagon yet, so I was able to have a piece. I'm sure Will will finish it off once I get back on plan, which will be tomorrow or Monday. I am hopefully going to start running again with my friend, who just got back Wednesday from a month in Utah. Even if I don't start again with her, I think I will start on my own, anyway, but I'm sure she will want to run, also. I will probably arrange it with her at church tomorrow. I know the running will help me lose, and be able to eat a little more.

So I think, like I said, I am only going to do induction levels until I get into ketosis, and them immediately go to OWL. I just feel like thats best for me right now, with the miscarriage, and then also getting my body ready to try again. I mean, last year when I started the diet, my ovulation was delayed A LOT that first month on and my cycle ended up lasting 52 days. That is too long for me, especially when I am trying to get things back on track. That is when I was on Induction for almost an entire month. Don't get me wrong, I lost a lot of weight that first month, but I think I want to take it a little easier this time around, considering I'm in a different situation. Besides, if I'm going to start running, also, I will probably want more carbs to give me enough energy. I remember last year when I was on Induction, I would feel nauseous if I tried exercising too intensely. We will see how it goes. If I feel like I need to cut back, I will drop back to Induction levels. Anyway, I will probably restart, like I said, tomorrow or Monday. I need some time to gear up for it mentally again, after this week.
KrystaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Good morning sweetie..

sounds like you have a good plan..
I hope your friend runs with you.. its always better when someone is with you..

have a great day hun
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:20 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think you are being really smart about going slow. Your body doesn't need anymore shock at this moment. Your focus should be on your health right now. Go easy on yourself. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself right now. Your hormones are still trying to adjust and you don't want to push yourself overboard right now with too much stress. Eat healthy....start with veggies and maybe some fresh fruit (berries) then move stricter when you start feeling better. You'll have plenty of time to worry about dropping a few pounds.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debralynn
Stats: 222/147/135
WOE: Atkins, chasing after my 3 and 5 year old boys!
Start Date: (1997, 2002, 2005) re-start June 1, 2007
Hi Krysta! I have lurked around your journal(s) forever.

Do know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so happy to hear that you are finally on the healing end of this devastating loss. Without going into details, I have been there, too. If there is anything I can do...
Debralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #66
seb

Gallery: seb
Stats: 205/171/140 5'6" 48
Start Date: Restart on 1-29-07
Krysta, sounds like you have a good plan in mind for Induction/Owl. You're doing to do great!

How sweet of the lady from your church bringing you bread. It sure is nice to have support, even if it's forbidden food. Enjoy it, then get back on plan when you're ready.
seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #67

Good morning Krysta..

how are you this beautiful morning? good i am hoping ..

miss ya..
Old 01-17-2008, 08:54 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Well, here it is, Thursday, and I haven't managed to get back on any kind of plan. I went in for another blood test on Tuesday, and thank heaven, it came back negative, which means, from my understanding, that my hcg is under 5. But Saturday night (and this may be TMI) I had a fair amount of fertile CM (cervical mucus) come out right before I went to bed, so Sunday morning I tested with an OPK (Ovulation Predictor Kit) and it came up positive. It went back to negative on Monday and tuesday morning, but tuesday night I got a possible positive again, so I tested yesterday morning, and it was Positive all day and now this morning it was positive again. I have had the fertile CM every day since I noticed it Saturday night. However, I have yet to ovulate, according to my temps. SO, first off, I was NOT expecting to Ovulate again so soon after the m/c. Secondly, I've never had the Pre-O qualities (like +OPKs and fertile CM) last so long without Oing. And then, for the past 3 days, I have had a pain in my right side. Fortunately today it is a little better, but still. It had me worried until my blood test came back negative, and I knew it had nothing to do with the m/c. I have been really bloated the past 2 days, as well. Uncomfortably bloated. And craving chocolate and sweets like you would not believe (But I have resisted, for the most part. Had too many SF chocolate chip cookies last night, but I figure thats better than the real thing!). So, my body is whacko. I just want to ovulate, or whatever its going to do, so I can get on with it and start a new, hopefully normal cycle and go from there. Sigh.

I did, however, find a yummy recipe. This would probably be for OWL or maintenence depending on when you add in apples, but you could probably eat it with celery, too:

Peanut Butter Apple Dip
1 cup SF vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup SF peanut butter
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup SF Cool Whip (or whipped cream sweetened w/ Splenda)

In a bowl, combine the yogurt, peanut butter and cinnamon; mix well. Fold in the whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with apples. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.

I made a half recipe and for me it was 2 servings, each of which I ate w/ a half apple. Its really yummy! Way better than the one I made w/ cream cheese because it is smoother and more fluffy. And it keeps in the fridge really well, at least over night, cause thats how long it lasted for me!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is so good to see you back on here. I was really getting worried. I kept going back and forth from here and your other blog. I am so glad to hear that you are doing OK. I don't know what to tell you on any of the ovulating info. I have never used one of those testers before. I just pray that all this bleeding will finally stop after your last mass exodus. Hopefully that was the last of the tissue. I remember clotting a lot after all of my children. When I had my fibroid that wouldn't stop bleeding (and led me to a hysterectomy), I couldn't believe the size of the clots that came out. Sorry if TMI. But if you want more info let me know. I wouldn't mind sharing it in a PM.

I love your snow picture. It looks so pretty at my house right now. I also love the looks of that recipe. I will have to try it for my next dessert for everyone. I love apples and peanut butter. Up until two days ago, I had not eaten apples in over a year. There was a salad that had apples and raisins in it at the restaurant we ate at. Yummy! I also like apple in my chicken salad. I may try incorporating small amounts and see what happens.

Take care....don't disappear on us again.

My Journey to Success
Getting back to the skinny me!
"Long life to you! Good health to you and your household! And good health to all that is yours!" Samuel 25:6
Old 01-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #70
seb

Krysta~first of all, I have to say that I love the pic! You and Will are a very good looking couple.

Well, I don't understand all that's going on with you right now, but I do pray that this will all be resolved soon so that you can move on. I know that you will always grieve over the loss of a baby; that never completely goes away. But, you and Will have so many wonderful things to look forward to.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: NewYorkGiants32
Hi Krysta......Hope it is ok to jump in.....i understand what you're dealing with...in 2005 same thing, miscarraige, hormones messed up, trying to concieve again blah blah you get the point.......for me the ovulation kits worked. Miscarried in march pregnant again in July...Dr told me he wanted one "normal" cycle before trying again. Good luck to you!!
NewYorkGiants32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #72

Hey Krysta..

I love love LOVE the picture.. so pretty... ..

I will continue to pray for you sweetie.. everything will be A-OK..

be back later to check on you..
Old 01-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everyone, for all your thoughts and comments. I have to say, I wasn't intentionally gone for so long, its just my situation has been upmost on my mind and the time has kindof gotten away with me, I guess, especially since I haven't been on plan. But I'm hoping things are finally resolving and that I can get on with things here soon. Oh, and I just wanted to mention that the bleeding stopped probably about a week ago, so that is good, too.

And thanks for all the compliments on the picture! Thats Will and I on Christmas Day in Denver. I thought that would be the only snow we would see this year, but lo and behold, it snowed here this morning! Of course, it didn't stay around long, but how crazy to see it when I woke up this morning. Anyway, I am a real snow bunny, so I dragged Will outside that day to take the picture
Old 01-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brittanilh
Stats: 220/218/140/5'2"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Start 7/30/2012
Hi Krysta! Just making my mark so I can continue to follow your progress! I've been a long time lurker of your journal and progress! I am so very sorry to hear about loss. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I believe that God has a purpose for all of us, and in His own way He is blessing your road to the good things He has in store for you and your hubby. I am glad to see that you are back and working on getting at it again! I look forward to to watching your progress because you are such a great motivator to me!

Starting date: 7/30/2012
Starting weight: 218 lbs
Short term goal: 199 lbs

Making a lifestyle change is hard - the results of that change is going to be 100% priceless! ~ Me!
brittanilh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:44 AM   #75

Good morning Krysta..

We all understand if you need time away.. or get busy.. its life sweetie.. we do miss ya.. but we understand.. and only want the very best for you....

Old 01-22-2008, 07:14 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Miss you.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PalmTreeGal
Stats: 181/132.8/120 @ 5'2
WOE: LC eclectic
Hi Krysta - just wanted to say hi now that I'm joining the journal club. I have watched your journey with admiration and wish you the best in both achieving your goal weight, and having a little one sometime soon.

I'm so sorry about your recent loss.
PalmTreeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #78
seb

Hope you're doing well, Krysta.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #79
lcq
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lcq
Stats: 5'5": 285.4-269.6 - 198
WOE: Atkins Low Carb / VLC
Start Date: Starting for the Gazillionth time!! - 4Mar10 285.4
Hi Krys

I'm back.....I need to read your new journal and catch up...but I see from you avatar that Will is here WOOHOO!!
lcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #80

Hope all is well hun.. we all miss you Krysta..
Old 02-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Sigh. I'm trying to get back, I really am. I don't know what's wrong with me. A lot, I suppose. I will write about it when I get it all figured out. Sorry I've been gone. Miss you all.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:06 AM   #82
seb

I've been missing you, Krysta. Looking forward to hearing from you.

:aprayer for you
Old 02-27-2008, 08:02 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's so good to hear from you!!! I have missed you so much! I would love to hear what you have been up to lately! Hope everything is going well. Please post soon.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #84
lcq
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hurry back Krys
Old 02-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, I'm here. Checking in. I think this is a good step for me, just checking in. I really need to get myself mentally back to the place where *I* am the most important thing to take care of in my life, which I haven't been doing.

I have been OBSSESSED, literally, with getting pregnant again. I think it has caused me a lot of stress and anxiety. I have not just been cheating...I have been knocked off the wagone completely and I havent even picked myself back up to start chasing the wagon down again! It's not pretty I feel awful about letting myself completely ruin everything that I had accomplished. But it's been like my mind has been rebelling against me. It could be hormones...I know that I am still totally whacked out, hormonally. I have had a really bad skin breakout (which usually happens when my hormones are out of whack) and my cycle (which is the first one since my M/C) is all messed up. I haven't ovulated yet, and I am on day 29 of my cycle. So, yes, my hormones could really be affecting me, but I still have to take responsibility of my actions.

I want to get back to where I was, happy and healthy, but it's been hard getting myself moving back in that direction. Will is leaving again for up to 6 weeks soon, and I'm hoping the alone time will help me refocus on myself. Not that I want Will to be gone again, but it will help me to focus soley on myself again, instead of him, and my obsession with getting pregnant again.

Anyway, I am going to try to get in here every day again, even if it is with shame for having fallen so far off track. I feel guilty and awful, but I know I need to be here. Even if I don't start right back up on plan, I need to be here.

Last edited by KrystaLyn; 02-28-2008 at 12:02 PM..
Old 02-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: NewYorkGiants32
It is hard for me to stay on plan too, but I do come here everyday, the support (as you know) is amazing. All in baby steps...you will get through this.
NewYorkGiants32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #87
lcq
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sweetie.........

[COLOR="Blue"]Just Let Go and Let God...take one day at a time...and you will get everything you want and deserve.....in his time....luv ya[/COLOR]
Old 02-29-2008, 06:49 AM   #88
seb

I feel your pain, my dear. It can be so hard to jump back on the wagon, but in time I know you will. I'm sure that hormones are playing a huge role in all you're going through. Maybe you should just concentrate on trying to eat healthy instead of trying to lose weight right now. Then, when Will is gone, you can put your focus on weight loss.

It's so good to hear from you.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Peace and Blessings to you and Will.

This is a hard time for you, but we are all here to support and encourage.

Hugs
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #90

4 u