LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 08:35 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shelby7851
Stats: 246/230/199(mini)
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 06/26/13
It's my Final Countdown

I'm starting over. This has to be the last time. Earlier this year, it was that I would be at my goal by Labor Day. Yeah, that ain't happenin'. I'm looking at my calendar, and I want to be at goal by Christmas. I want beautiful Christmas family pics that I am not ashamed of. That my daughter, who is almost 8 will recognize that I look good, and we can wear similar styles of clothes. She is starting to be very aware, and talks about how she doesn't want to be fat (she is stick thin) and she is willing to eat healthy, always asking 'Is this good for me?' ....I am trying to teach her all things in moderation, she can have a candy bar, once in a while. She takes chips in her lunch, but also fruit, yogurt and a sandwich on whole wheat. I hope I set her up to live a healthy and not obese life like me. But we have to always lead by example, don't we? I know a dietician that is very overweight, and I always wonder what the people she counsels, what do they think?

So I start today at 219. I cleaned out the room downstairs and my treadmill is free, the weights are free. I have gobs of back issues of magazines with workouts in them. I have free weights, and tubing, what is my excuse now?

I was a runner once, and really want to be a runner again. I have the shoes, the sports bra, the shorts, the singlets, I have the mp3 player, trail shoes, everything but motivation. I really think that if I can stick to a low carb diet, and add in exercise, I can finally do this. I am counting down to Christmas, 18 weeks from today to Christmas Eve.

Here I go.
11/28/11 229
12/30/11 216
11/14/13 235

My Journal
shelby7851 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

I need to stop weighing every day. Today was 219.8, but I ate supper late, and probably too much of it. I finished off the slaw i made yesterday. soooo gooooood. So far, I had 2 pieces of bacon and sf koolaid made with splenda for bk. Then I took ethan out for a walk in stroller, i did 8 laps, about 2 miles, in about 38 minutes. When i get finished working, i will do a strength training workout. While I was walking, I was thinking about my goals and envisioning myself lean and toned. It was a stretch, let me tell ya but i want to run a 5k in under 30:00, my PR is 37:55. I want to do a half, maybe the one in Nashville in the Spring, and i want to do it under 2 hours. Today for lunch i will make a big salad, snack on pickles if i feel snacky. Supper, i think will be steak and loaded broccoli

go me!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:12 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3 has started well. 216.4 I walked yesterday morning, and did a little workout last night while watching big brother, and did 1.75 a preprogrammed workout on the tmill. 30 minutes, up to 4.5 which is running for my short legs My thighs have that soreness today, and i love it! I grilled some steak and pork chops last night,and made a nice big salad with lettuce, cheese, cucumbers (a new love, I always hated them) and ranch. I threw a few croutons on there...and it was so good! then I ate a nice juicy steak, probably about 10 oz. water. busy with the kids, and talking to greg. When big brother came on, i jumped on it...i didnt think about it.
The real key for me was not eating after that. so so so so so sos so sos os so hard not to eat at night. But i was successful. I even made pudding for emily's lunch today, and didnt have any.

Today i feel successful and strong. Last night, we talked about rewards I would give myself, or he coudl give me for weight loss. I think my first will be at 199, big milestone of course...then every 10 after that. I have to stay motivated of course! Im thinking a manicure and pedicure at 199. I think at 50 lbs, i am going to make him take me away for the weekend, get a sitter and hit a hotel and have some fun. I know i will enjoy it more when i can wear cuter clothes...

I have to work a lot today, so i dont know that i will exercise. I may let my legs rest, after running last night, they are a little sore. Maybe tonight before bed, some situps and strength training.

Coffee for bkfast, and a piece of sausage, only because everyone ate all the rest...not eating low on purpose. Lunch will probably be another salad like last night, loving this cucumber and ranch mix....and a leftover pork chop. Not sure for supper yet.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:14 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

the countdown is to christmas...i dont know if i said that in the first post. by 12/25, I want to be 50 lbs down. 170. I want to take a trip to Nashville and go Christmas shopping. So i have to hit that goal.

Ok back to what you were doing.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

I should have posted this morning, to help me stay motivated, I just ate 3 Banana muffins!

Last night, i grilled some steak and pork chops, broccoli and cheese and noodles for the kids. I really struggled yesterday afternoon, I had a long shift noon-6pm and I was really busy, but being stuck in my chair, i was wanting to munch on something so badly! I had a pickle spear, bread and butter pickles, mmmmmmmmmm so that was minimal damage, and I had my lunch salad about 2pm. for supper, I had some steak, and the broccoli with cheese. I had some overripe bananas, and made muffins, I hated to throw them out. I did good, until i was frustrated with something, and had about 3 I told myself stop! and went to the bedroom to read a book and watch tv, went to bed about 10. Overall, not bad for me, could have been worse, could have been better

This morning I got up, fixed bkfast for them, and took em to school. Stopped for my newest addiction iced coffee from McDonald's, plain, just milk and coffee, and added some davinci's vanilla when i got home I have to find some more flavors, all i can get here in this tiny town is vanilla and hazelnut (davinci).I took Ethan out for a spin in the stroller, walked about 2 miles, about 40 minutes (yes i'm slow), but i felt good, im hoping to walk tonight a bit too.

I made some taco meat and had a kick butt taco salad for lunch, (romaine, taco meat, homemade salsa with corn and black beans, and homemade hidden valley ranch) ....of course, i blew it, like i said above, and started snacking. Those muffins were calling my name! <---I was like 'oh no! muffins that talk! they must be special, i should have one!' so i did. and again and again. i had 3. then i said stop.

I have some taco meat left, and leftover pork chops, so somewhere in there is supper, we will have to see.

p.s. I got my sister to read this and keep me on track, she loves low carb too she is my best friend and biggest supporter, and if , scratch that, when i do this finally, it will be all thanks to her and her support. who else is going to sit and listen to what you ate for the last 24 hours?

so hi sister thanks for all your help love ya
Old 08-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: s_highland
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!

So, I'm eating a bowl of pickles and ranch- my new fav. b/c we have no other food in the house...ranch is good with anything!

Keep up the good work! If it weren't for you, I would be eating the only bag of chips in the house- I also can't wait to try the coffee with sf syrup!

Keep motivating

Don't forget that when we meet our goal, we will be hotties sitting in the spa getting a mani/pedi
s_highland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

pickles and ranch? how? tell me how you make those pickle and meat and cream cheese roll up things too, those were good. you had them at your apt. up north the last time i was up there. I tried making them, and they were gross.

off to make some more taco meat

you're buying me some crazy azzzzz expensive jeans too

Last edited by shelby7851; 08-23-2007 at 02:31 PM..
Old 08-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

I wasnt very good last night, and I didnt exercise. Things are a bit stressful here, and I need to learn to channel that energy to working out. I just hve to. I made some double strength coffee yesterday, and had an iced coffee this morning, so good, but i'm out of vanilla! I go to walmart this morning, and its out too! I bought hazelnut, but im not sure im a big fan of hazelnut.

I had a nice big fat juicy taco salad for lunch, with salsa and ranch dressing. so good! Love it!

dh might have an oppurtunity at work, that sounds very promising, we will have to see...so many things have to fall in place, but we are so stressed out, talking about ti and nothing else. Fingers crossed this works out!

Tonight? I dont know. I'd like to order out something. I dont have time to cook, so we will have to confer with the other chef. Maybe i'll let them have something crappy, and i have leftover taco meat and pork chops in the fridge still. I work til 7, and I hope to run on the tmill after that!
Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

i didnt get the chance to work out last night. I worked until 7p, and then he took me out for chinese. It was worth it to eat a little much because the kids were at grandma's so i got a nice little date he even took me to DQ for a small ice cream cone after it was nice

the chinese place had this little creation that i just loved, i have to figure out how to make it. insanely good, and low carb. it was crab meat (imitation) and melted white cheese, i think a little mayo and green peppers and onions. i have to figure this out! so i am up early working and he gets donuts. yum. darnit.

i am working a lot this weekend, and hope to go walk tonight, maybe after the kids are in bed and it is dark. i just told him last night, back when i was running a lot and losing weight, i ws going into town every night to the park after kids went to bed and running. but that cuts into our time together, so ......

ok, sounds like a winning plan
Old 08-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

i have leftover pork chops, taco meat, and 1 steak i need to marinate. I have stuff for salad, im thinking of trying a tuna casserole, maybe some tuna, green beans, mayo, milk...that sounds good to me! i have diet pop and koolaid and splenda for something sweet. so i should be able to stay on plan today. not counting the donuts and milk
Old 08-29-2007, 04:21 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I have really been slacking. It is always evident when I am not posting here, it is because I dont want to face what I have to say. I have been under a lot of stress, i am sure that working out would help that, but I havent figure that out yet.

I really blew up last night when I was running around cleaning after working a 9 hour day at home, and i had my hus. and my dd7 sitting literally and watching me. it was unbelievable and insulting. i worked until 7 and then throw my son in the tub, had asked his dad to do it, but he thought it was too early. so of course, it is left to me. then i am running around cleaning, the house was a wreck because i was stuck at the computer all day, so kids trash it. So i blow up, then go back and finish giving the bath, and he walks in and says he's going back into work. I knew he was going back to work, but he couldnt do anything to help me. so he left before the kids were in bed, and i had to do that too. He did bring subway home for supper, i told him i wouldnt have time to fix anything. it didnt help that my sandwich had pickles and black olives on it. i dont eat them, he knows that. so i was already irritated.

So, this weekend we go to my sisters. i can work a few hours over there, but not the way i do here, so that makes things tough, i have to work so much today, and somehow pack for 4 I mean 3 people in between. much less workout.

So i was thinking last night, how much do i do for me? I have 2 kids and a husband, and i do way too much for them. He literally does nothing. He does tke the trash out sometimes, and mow the grass. but i work 45 hours a week, at home, so i am considered a sahm, but i work as much as he does! plus kids running around yelling while i trying to do it. plus take care of the house. i dont put the time into myself. there are days i dont shower because i dont leave the house but i dont workout, i dont eat well because i am trying to fix a meal that everyone will like. The bills dont go out on time because i dont have time for it. ugh.

maybe since i am working so much i should get a cleaning lady to come in once in a while. that might help. that is what my husband does with his money
Old 09-04-2007, 06:01 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

I've decided to start Body for Life. A friend of mine emailed me that she was starting, the new challenge starts today I think. I went to the site and signed up, and pulled my dusty books out..I have the book, the journal, the cookbook I really believe that that program is good, the intervals, and lifting weights...

My problem seems to be lack of motivation and discipline, over and over, I just cant stick to it, argh! So yesterday I didnt eat so great, but did my upper body workout. Today is cardio, here is my plan:

20 minutes interval

1.choc protein shake
2. turkey, egg and salsa
3. yogurt with pb
4. tuna salad and sweet potato
5. apple with pb
6. roast, red potato, carrots

keeping my eating under control is a big challenge for me, so i hope that planning it out keeps me on track today
Old 09-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

So i have good news and bad news, what do you want first? The good news is yesterday was good, I feel like i ate a lot, did my interval workout first..then

protein shake
ground turkey and eggs
yogurt covered raisins
tuna sandwich, sweet potato
apple and pb
piece of roast early
roast dinner, red potatoes, carrots

last night, i was in the kitchen, wanting food soooo badly, and i didnt! i found a piece of russel stover's sugar free chocolate, mmmm i love those! and i had that and went to read my Body for Life cookbook.

Today...not so good. I havent worked out yet, but i plan to. Lower body and abs.

chocolate oatmeal (bfl recipe)
couple bites of yogurt for snack
stir fry w/chicken for lunch
bbq lays chips!!! 2 small snack bags of them!!!
sweet potato.

so i guess i didnt have enough of a snack, im stuck in the kitchen working, and i guess that makes it a little harder for me.

I do feel that if i can resist the late night snacking again tonight, it will be another victory for me, and i will be happy about that.

I dont know what is for supper, i think maybe tacos, taco salads..
Old 09-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Hello! Quick posting for my girl to have something to read in the morning

i just got off the treadmill, 3.25 miles, 55 minutes. Mostly walking, I threw in some little short jogs in there. It was nice, I watched Top Chef, which I mostly watch lying in bed, so that was a much better use of my time! I feel better about the crap i ate today now

We had tacos for dinner, i had 2 jumbo ones but the plus side is after dinner, i had iced tea and 2 sugar free choclates. i had to go back for that second one :blush:

So, im happy i did almost an hour, i would like to be doing 4 miles a day, maybe 5 or 6 days a week..but that is a lot of mileage to start with i guess. Of course, i am mostly walking so i doubt there is a need for milage buildup with walking duh :blush:<---lazy

hasta manana!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:26 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Hello, me again. I havent been posting, and you know what that means! Eating like crap! I am trying though, not giving up. We took a camping trip last weekend...it was amazing. It was really cold at night, but the 2nd night we had a little electric heater and it was nice and cozy. We took the kids on bike rides, and we went hiking. They are 3 and 8, so there is only so much you can do. We are going to try and plan a trip for just the two of us, so that we can really dig in and do some rough hiking.

We really had a good time, and I just have to say, we are really hitting on all cylinders right now, it feels good we go through phases, but i want to document this one LOL so that when things arent so good, i can come back and remember that it is just a phase

I am really trying to focus on my walking, and running. It has been the thing in the past that has brought my weight the lowest, I know it works, it works better than anything, and that is what I need. I need to feel good, to feel attractive, to feel strong and athletic, and young. *cry* i dont wanna be old!

I pulled out Dr Atkins book and have been reading it, actually from cover to cover, for probably the first time, and it really does help. Like my sister said, in the past, I have just went straight to the food lists, and the recipes, not reading the book. It gives me motivation, and ideas.

Last night we had for a snack, baby carrots dipped in the flavored cream cheese, chive and onion is what I had...wow...yummy snack! my son and my husband loved it too...definitely one to remember!

I weighed in at 219 this morning, which is good for me, considering I ate a lot of chips and cookies when we were camping... but up and onward!

so far, today, i have had 2 bkfast sausage patties, and enjoying some coffee right now i have leftover bbq chicken from the grill for lunch. if i need a snack, i think i'll have some pickle roll ups, love those!
Old 09-23-2007, 05:19 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

thursday night i did another 3.1 miles on the treadmill, and I have been eating since

We are counting down to 2008, 99 days....I want to use these days wisely, a lot can happen in that amount of time. Every year is the year, what does it take to make this year the one that is different? We have struggled with our bills, our relationship, this year past has been a very hard one, this is a good time to turn it ALL around, to change our lives totally and really be on the right path, for a happy future, we want the same things, but we arent doing a lot to get those things I feel..at least we could be doing so much more.

I know exercise is the key for me, when i exercise regularly, good things happen for me, i am going to just put one foot in front of the other, and get there. I know i can.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:27 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

I really need to be more consistent here LOL...checking in, im at 215. Last Monday, i really committed, and i am proud to say i havent cheated. Well, a bite of the kids mac n cheese, or a few crackers. But my habit is to blow it big. And i have not. Last night i made linda sue's cheesy tuna casserole...very good! This week i have walked 2 days already and taken the kids to the park. I will do the same tonight after work.

Bkfast: mcd's steak egg and cheese bagel, w/out the bagel, iced coffee w/sf vanilla
Lunch: leftover tuna casserole
Dinner: smoked sausages on the grill, and a vegetable or salad
Old 11-24-2007, 10:04 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

something for me to think about

for steve
when his legs don't work
when his eyes don't see
when he is so tired
is that when i will know
what i have?
I wish i knew.

I have to get this under control.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:05 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

WOW

just wow. I should start a new journal, because this is too depressing to look through! but that would be ignoring facts, and ignoring the fact that i have been putting this off for so long. I think i have been waiting for a switch to flip, for that thing in my life that makes me 'get it', and so allowing myself to float along until then. Well, it might never come, and then what? where would i be? still fat, and really regretting a lot of wasted time, that's where.

I have decided to do weight watchers, i have been doing it halfarsed lately, and it's the best thing for my family as well, my husband doesnt like doing low carb with me, so, we'll do this. I signed up for the online, and am going to even pay for it this time, and hope that it helps.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SAMMIE62
Stats: 240/232/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/18/08
Hi I joined here in my home town Monday I am trying to count points so far I have just bought the frozen dinners they are very good just not enough in themI am in hopes of learning this point counting soon so I can try to cook and stay within my points.
SAMMIE62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:06 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Sammie, do you have any of the books? Hey, im in illinois too

What i like about weight watchers is that you can eat almost anything, but you just have to eat less of it, my biggest problem is eating waaaay too many portions.

I love the smartones dinners, because they are quick and easy, and the points are counted, like you said. but i have started cooking more as well, and measuring portions, like a cup of rice, or spaghetti, instead of just filling a bowl, and eating til im stuffed.

I havent gotten it under control yet, but i'm trying. Im doing it at home, using the online tools....
Old 06-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SAMMIE62
Stats: 240/232/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/18/08
Hi Shelby I got off to a bad start I weighted in Monday 2 pounds heavier than on my start day so I'm upset about that and this weekend I don't stand a chance of losing because I have a Branson trip with my sisters that will be eating all weekend I am in hopes to get myself in control next week. I live in the Southern part of Illinois its sure hot down here
SAMMIE62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:32 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Im in southern illinois too! where are you? im over by Effingham sort of....over on the east side,
Old 06-12-2008, 06:37 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

My goals:

1. Stay under my points limit every day.
2. walk 6 days a week.
3. Strength train 3 days a week
4. reward myself only when appropriate
5. feed my family the same food I eat.
6. take my kids outside or somewhere to be active for at least 30 minutes a day.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:45 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

My reward list:
230 start
225- 5 lbs skip one workout
215- 15lbs hair appointment
205-25lbs manicure
199- 30lbs ipod shuffle
195- 35lbs skip workout
190- 40lbs plan trip to hometown
185-45lbs mani and pedi HALFWAY!!
180-50lbs new bras
175-55lbs skip workout
170-60lbs new shirt
165-65lbs new jeans
160-70lbs skip workout
155-75lbs new running shoes
150-80lbs new jeans
145- 85lbs new workout clothes
140-90 lbs GOAL!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: KimmerJ
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Today is the DAY!!!!!
I like your reward list!!! Great Ideas!
KimmerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

HI! thanks for reading, and im glad you like it
Old 06-13-2008, 05:52 AM   #28
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: kmf1028
Stats: 245/238.6/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: March 2010
It sounds like you are off to a great start and very positive!!!!! I tired WW and actually loved it, but it was really hard. Maybe if I had more willpower it would be easier, but who knows.

You seem to have it all set and I bet you are going to be great!!!!
kmf1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

My reward list:
240 start
230- 10 lbs
225- 15 lbs skip one workout
215- 25lbs hair appointment
205-35lbs manicure
199- 40lbs ipod shuffle
195- 45lbs skip workout
190- 50lbs plan trip to hometown HALFWAY!!
185-55lbs mani and pedi
180-60lbs new bras
175-65lbs skip workout
170-70lbs new shirt
165-75lbs new jeans
160-80lbs skip workout
155-85lbs new running shoes
150-90lbs new jeans
145- 95lbs new workout clothes
140-100 lbs GOAL!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Well, i didnt care for WW that much, too much processed stuff, and that gives me heartburn and makes me tired. 2 things I totally avoid when doing Atkins. I started, this is my 3rd day, and I just wanted to make a note to myself, that i am feeling good, in control....eggs with chorizo and sausage is a great bkfast! i cant wait for my spinach lasagna for lunch! This actually coincides perfectly with the fact that I am getting a 1/4 of a cow next Sunday....and that would certainly suck on WW to only have a tiny nibble of steak!