shelby7851 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2010, 07:29 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shelby7851
Stats: 246/230/199(mini)
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 06/26/13
I am almost at 2 weeks now...I have had 2 days where I slipped up. Last Friday night, i had girl scout cookies, then my friend Maria came over, and brought chips and dip! I just sort of gave in, and not only had the chips, but more cookies. Sunday I was back on...

Last night, i was so munchy, I got in the cookies again! ugh! The difference this time though, is that I havent given in and went crazy. i sat down with about 4 or 5 girl scout cookies, and then put the box away, and am back on plan today. I will weigh tomorrow, but i think im down about 3 or 4 lbs. I tell my belly has gone down, my shirt hangs a little more...i havent exercised at all. I have a yoga mat on the floor of my bedroom, that i havent used ONCE since I put it there a few weeks ago. This morning, i did a few sit ups, some yoga stretches...and it felt SO GOOD! I definitely want to do more of that...i have a treadmill, and the weather has finally broken...it is getting warm....and i have that big beautiful dog that needs to be walked.

I feel pretty good, in control. I do have to do better at preparing.....it worked really well when i made a big pot of scrambled eggs and sausage, and just took some every morning for work. I really want to wear shorts this summer and feel comfortable...i want to do a 5k this fall and not puke. I think i am on the right path for this.
11/28/11 229
12/30/11 216
11/14/13 235

My Journal
Old 03-31-2010, 09:39 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

I really havent been doing so good! I restarted again Monday, the 29th. Just think, i could have had 4 weeks under my belt, but i am restarting again....

I am home with a sick child, so that is always a challenge! I had coffee so far, and white castle pie for lunch, with ketchup and mustard, and diet 7up. I messed up big time last night..i had to work a thing at the school from 5-9 and didnt eat before i went. i was so hungry when i got home, i took a lb. of hamburger and made 4 cheeseburgers on the stove, and ate them all! I hadnt eaten since about noon. But I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst heartburn, and ended up getting sick.....it was so awful, my chest and throat still hurt.

I have had really bad reflux for the last few years, but i remember getting sick in the middle of the night when i was about 10 bec. i had eat so much food for dinner. (my eating disorder started when i was very young) and the last few years it has gotten worse, with a lot of pain, my throat gets so raw....I am sure i have done a lot of damage to it. It's funny, when i eat this WOE i never have it (last night had to be bec. i ate right before bed) but if i was eating like normal, it is EVERY SINGLE night, i wake up with it. As it is getting worse, and mnore painful, I realize now that i am doing damage to my body that cannot be fixed, i will have to live with it...
Old 02-18-2011, 04:23 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

I'm back again, trying to still get the mindset right...I havent figured it out yet. i am starting again at about 235. I feel like i dont even know what to say, because i have said it all. The words arent doing me any good, I have to really show it with actions. I have no energy, have even periods of depression that I think could be helped by not eating so much junk, and processed stuff. I want to feel good all of the time, not tired like i do now.

Of course i work 11p-7a, and that is a big part of it lol
Old 03-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

yay! just checking in...it really is going well this time I'm not eating super strict, but what I find with lo carb is that I eat less, which is always a good thing for me. I have a crazy mixed up schedule, so for example today I:
slept all day, didnt eat until about 4, had about 10 chicken tenders with ketchup.
took a nap before work, then ate at 1am, and had a salad with romaine,shredded cheddar, bacon bits, cucumber ranch dressing and croutons. about 3am i will have my no bake cherry cheesecake I have been eating off of all week.

I go home at 7 and wont eat before bed, so up at 2:30, get the kids at 3, go home, fix dinner and eat about 5. If i am doing good, i dont eat before i go to work. Cutting out the snacking has been good for me, i am more tempted to eat carby stuff when i go in the kitchen looking for a snack.

i have been having a lot of trouble with my knees, after diagnosing myself with the internet i think i might have chondromalacia...my knees are grinding and really hurting. I did some research and found that glucosamine chrondroiton might help with rebuilding the cartilage, so i started that today. i think i am going to try some yoga or pilates for a while, there isnt a lot I can do with these knees hurting like this...but after 2 weeks on low carb, they feel much better, they always do!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:45 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

I cant believe i have stuck with it this long now...almost 3 weeks. That is the longest time i have really stuck with this in a very long time. In the past, I have had a slip-up, and then just said 'screw it' and went on a binge. This time, I had a slip up in the form of an oatmeal pie and a handful of bbq chips, and when i went to work that night, i started to pack my lunch with some carby stuff with the mindset of 'screw it' and at the last minute, unpacked it and packed deviled eggs and leftover steak.

Tonight at work someone noticed that not only was my shirt looser in my belly but she said she could even see it in my face. What a boost! I started wearing a 20w pants and xxl shirts, and have definitely moved into my 18s and all the shirts in my closet that had been tight around my midsection are looser and i can wear now! I used to try on top after top before i went to work and they were always tight around that part of my midsection right around my lower ribs. and they all fit now! definitely feeling the progress, and it is great motivation

im trying not to worry too much about the scale until 3/20 which will be one month. I weigh at work and at home, and of course i get two totally different numbers, I saw 222 this afternoon when i woke up, and had 226 tonight on the hospital scale. I just want that 199 so badly!

I havent been exercising, it is hard to find the time really...but honestly, i have a lot more energy and could probably get by with less sleep during the day, especially now that the days are getting longer. I have some issues with my knees though, and i am not sure what to do about that. I think a knee brace might help, so i might try that...and maybe get on the treadmill for about 30 minutes sometime during the day. i really need to tone up, if i just lose, i will be very very flabby!

good job shelby
Old 10-14-2011, 01:36 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Back again....I set a goal for myself for thanksgiving, of 199. I will see my dad for the first time in about a year, and my sister I saw in May. I want to hear them say 'wow' and that i look great...so I have to!

I am walking with a friend, about 3 days a week, 3.5 miles, in about an hour, a little less, and that combined with low carb is going to be great for me, i know it! I started a few weeks ago after a nice fat carby sunday at 240. Im about 227 today...
Old 10-09-2012, 03:58 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

starting again. holding steady at 216, but only a matter of time before i start gaining, i can definitely tell my clothes are getting tighter...crazy eating and no exercise will do that to ya!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:02 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Old 11-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Its odd how I don't feel any guilt, or shame while I am eating something that is bad for me, but I feel it later. I don't even think of it while eating probably 80-90% of the time. It's like I block it out, and once I am finished eating, it hits me...oh crap! I supposed to be eating better!

For at least the last full year, year and a half, I have been just eating whatever, whenever. Always saying, "I'll start tomorrow, next week, the first of next month" and then that day doesn't come. I will be 40 in April, and I think that it will hit me hard, especially if I feel like I do now, and look like I do now. What I want is to look better at 40 than I did at 30, than I did at 25. It is entirely possible if I get off my ass and get in gear.