Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 123Nkechi
Stats: Fat/Still Fat/Not So Fat
WOE: Low carb (or something like it)...
Start Date: Starting Over...AGAIN!!!
Nkechi's Testimony and Confessions (I am gonna do this! For REAL this time.)

Okay here goes...

I have been planning to lose weight for it seems all of my adult life. Actually it started when I was in the 3rd grade. I was always a skinny child and being from a southern family I as always encouraged to eat (don't waste that food). All times of celebration, gatherings, and fellowship are times to enjoy food. I still have distinct memories of my grandmother telling my parents that I needed to eat more but then later, as I began to gain weight, I was told that I was FAT. It has always been those mixed messages still linger in the back of my mind having me dread going to visit extended family members.

What happened in the 3rd grade that turned me from a skinny kid to being 'big boned'? Well the only thing that I can figure, besides being overfed during visits to grandmothers, is one word - PUBERTY. Around the age of 9 or 10 I started developing and was wearing a bra. It began as a slight but noticable weight gain and in a couple of years (by the time I was in the 6th grade) I was wearing a C cup bra. This of course made be to be self conscious about my body (which is normal for that age). By the time I was in high school I was one of the 'larger' girls in my class. Not 'fat' but not a skinny mini either. I remember thinking that I needed to lose weight but I never really went on a diet. I was on the band and active so I was able to maintain somewhere between 145-155lbs for most of the time in high school and I thought I was 'fat' because many of the girls around me were at least 20lbs thinner.

Then comes college and my 7 year undergraduate years. Most of which were filled with parties, drinking, and partying - LOL! Those were the best times of my life as I look back. No cares, bills, responsibilities that I recognized. I went to college in August of 1990 and gained 20lbs in the first year and 10 each year after that. Partied so hard that I nearly flunked out of school. Even was on probation because I failed all of my classes one semester and my parents made me come home and work for a semester so I could get myself together. By the time I realized I needed to get serious about school and my career/life (at the time I wanted to be a teacher but then decided study child development) I was almost 200lbs and still didn't have a clue and didn't know it!

That was in 1994 and 2 major events took place that changed me and my perception of reality. My family started going through financial struggles and my mother got sick and had to retire because of a condition called Sarcoidosis that affected her immune system and her heart. At this time I had to review my partying status and really get serious so I decided to transfer to a college in my home town. At the same time I was starting to have issues with PMS and my monthly cycles became irregular. I went to my annual PAP that came back irregular and ended up having several tests to make sure it was not cancer. I ended up with what the Dr said was a 'mild displasia' which I later found out to be from HPV. When it was all said and done everything was cleared up and I haven't had an irregular PAP since but since that time I still have had irregular mentrual cycles. The dr gave me birth control pills and told me that since I was young that it would regulate in time and that the pills would help.

Reality check #1 came when I was at a routine check up and I happened to spy my medical chart it is said 'Obese African American Female' and I almost passed out. I knew I was overweight but obese? I didn't even know that I had reached 200lbs. I was so into trying to help my family and taking care of my mother that I was not taking care of myself. But I wish I could tell you that I got it all together but I can't. I had to prioritize and I did what many women do: I put myself and my health last. My main goals at the time was to graduate from college and help my parents with my 2 teenage sisters. It took me 7 years and 2 colleges to finally graduate with a degree in Child and Family Development. And I trust to actually graduate Magna Cum Laude after almost flunking out - LOL!

That was in 1997 and from there my goal was still not my weight but to start a career in social services. Moved away from home and started working for in the social services field. Even attempted to work on losing weight but my until I realized that I needed a masters to further my career so I ended up moving back home with my parents in 2001 and working for nonprofits and applying to grad school. It took me a lot of work and procrastination but I graduated with a Masters in Social Work.

For years since the irregular PAP scare and the start of my irregular I when I tried to go off the birth control pills my cycle would be irregular and the only thing Drs would say was that I needed to take the pills. One time I asked my Dr about having children and having to take BC pills what was I going to do and he actually had the nerve to say "we will cross that bridge when we get to it." That was the last time I took BC pills and my last visit to his office. I ended up doing my own self diagnosis and using progesterone cream to keep my cycle regular.

In October of 2005 I was diagnosed with Insulin Resistance and told I was at risk for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). After extensive research I have come to realize that this condition could not only be a threat to my health but also my ability to conceive and have children. As single female in her mid 30`s with no children, this realization was devastating to say the least. I would love to be married and have children. I have always seen myself as a wife and mother. I have been taking Metformin (500mg 2x a day) since my diagnosis. Although my Dr told me that Met would help me lose, I have only lost about 10lbs since I starting the medication.

As for my weightloss journey, I notice that my problems didn't start until I reached 200lbs. My highest weight was 245lbs. Of course Drs in the past told me that I needed to lose weight but never gave guidance as to what and how to do it successfully. Thankfully I now have Drs that are supportive and are helping me understand but I can always use more help. I have tried several half hearted attempts to lose only to be distracted and going off the plan. I've tried WW, even had a personal trainer, and tried LC too. Everything seems to work okay but not as fast as I wanted and I am the queen of procrastination (and that really does not help the cause). As I come to terms with this condition and seek treatment and a solution, I will be using this tread for my own personal outlet to express my feelings about the process and challenges I am currently going through. Please feel free to stop by and leave me a note and offer some encouragement (and scolding when I need it - LOL!).
123Nkechi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Okay so I am trying to figure out which plan is right for me. I have tried doing the meat and eggs ala ******* and that didn't last long. I am really interesting in carb cycling. I have been watching my carbs and trying not to get on the scale. TOM came for a visit last weekend and that really threw me off the plan. But I know I have to come up with some type of schedule that I can live with. The think that I know will really help me is exercise and I've been procrastinating on that. My plan for next week:

Join the gym at work and go 3x a week

Menu will consist of eggland's best omlette/quiche or bacon and scrambled eggs, zaxby's grilled salad w/o toast and onions, salmon and broccoli (or some type of protein and veggie). Looking for some easy snacks as well.

Maintain balance in all areas of life
Old 07-16-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

I was going through my diet books this week and found an old book that I bought from a library sale called "Think Slim, Be Slim" and it was very interesting. The author advocated a low carb diet but the emphasis was mainly on reframing thought patterns about food and body image. I will be definitely be incorporating the ideas in my personalized program.

Also found "8 Minutes in the Morning" and was reading about good fats. At one point I was taking 1000mg of flax oil every day but I fell off. I am definitely going to add that in with my supplement program which will also include the AM/PM Usana Health Pack. I am not too sure about taking so many pills but the health packs are supposed to give you energy and I really need that right now.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:47 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

:blush:Confession Time

I had a study group last night after work (I'm studying for my MSW license) and we all ended up going out to eat at TGIFridays. I had not had a decent meal all day so of course I was starving and ended up ordering pasta of all things. Couldn't finish it all because I got nauseous after a couple of bites so I just ate the chicken out of it and taking the rest home. I think I left it on the counter so it's going in the trash anyway.

I haven't eaten anything today because my stomach still feels funny. I just drank some Lipton Diet Green Tea packet (they are great and keep me from drinking my fav - Sweet Tea) and that didn't really help much. Maybe I should have made hot tea instead. My office is going out today for lunch to celebrate one of my co-worker's birthday and I don't think I want anything which means at least I will be on plan today. I am getting ready to go online to see what they have on the menu that I can eat.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

I am addicted to the grilled house salad at Zaxby's! There is a location right around the corner from my office and I eat one almost every day. I get them minus the fried onions and buttered toast. The salad had only 8g total carbs and 3g fiber. I usually get the Ranch dressing also and it has 2g carbs. Total calories for the whole meal is 531.

On my bad days (like today) I also order a diet coke but most days I usually bring a water bottle from home. Sometimes I will add a lipton green tea packet to the bottle. I am trying to stay away from sodas but sometimes I just have to have a fix.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:17 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

I am starting my workout plan today at my office gym. I am so excited. I am thinking about doing BFL but for now I just want to start working out to see how I feel. Wish me luck!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:44 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Okay so yesterday was my first workout and I am SORE. Only did upper body. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but I definitely know now that I am really out of shape. I whined a couple of times but got through it. I hope the soreness goes away by tomorrow. We are supposed to lower body so even if I'm sore I won't be working upper body so it shouldn't matter.

I was supposed to do cardio today but because I was ao sore I didn't do anything. I hope I feel better tomorrow. Since I am working with a group and trainer I know they won't let me miss the weightlifting sessions. I guess working out 3 days a week is better than working out none - LOL.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:34 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JSky1001
Stats: 175/169/130
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: Restarted 4/7/2014
Hi Nkechi!

I enjoyed reading your journal and wanted to say that I admire you for exploring the options and figuring things out for yourself. So many people want the answers handed to them, but you are looking at the specific conditions of your life to see what makes sense for you. There will surely be some false starts and blind corners, but I don't doubt for one moment that you'll get where you want to be. Good luck on your journey of self-discovery!

Jodi
JSky1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHudson04 View Post
Hi Nkechi!

I enjoyed reading your journal and wanted to say that I admire you for exploring the options and figuring things out for yourself. So many people want the answers handed to them, but you are looking at the specific conditions of your life to see what makes sense for you. There will surely be some false starts and blind corners, but I don't doubt for one moment that you'll get where you want to be. Good luck on your journey of self-discovery!

Jodi
Hi Jodi, (My first visiter )

Thanks for stopping by! I really think this is a learning process for me. It is so easy to get caught up in fads and looking for that quick fix but I know that I need to make changes that will last a lifetime. Please stop by anytime!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lulu Belle
Stats: First goal is 20lbs. 8 gone so far!
WOE: Low Carb. (mostly)
Start Date: Sept 26,2012
Nkechi,
Your story is very intersting, and i understand what you mean about high school. I was there too, slightly overweight (i thought), but my skinny minny friends left me feeling huge!! I once (years ago ) , came across a old picture from high school, and felt sad because i looked fine, but i was so unhappy with myself at the time. How much time do we waste not liking what we think we see??
Any way, i didn't mean to go off on a tangent, i just wanted you to know i get what your saying and i wish you **luck**. But i suspect if you are determined you won't need luck!!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:48 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post
Nkechi,
Your story is very intersting, and i understand what you mean about high school. I was there too, slightly overweight (i thought), but my skinny minny friends left me feeling huge!! I once (years ago ) , came across a old picture from high school, and felt sad because i looked fine, but i was so unhappy with myself at the time. How much time do we waste not liking what we think we see??
Any way, i didn't mean to go off on a tangent, i just wanted you to know i get what your saying and i wish you **luck**. But i suspect if you are determined you won't need luck!!
Thanks Eileen!

I am glad to know that I was not the only one that thought there were the "huge" friend in high school. I have a pretty bad confession :blush: to make...I see some of those same "skinny" girls today and they aren't so skinny anymore and for some reason that makes me feel a little better. I know that is awful. I so sympathize with those that find themselves overweight not being able to cope with the feelings associated with being overweight. There is a difference when you have always been overweight and when you face it later in life. I am sure the effects are just as deep.

I have come to realize that our self perceptions are not who we really are to the outside world. I look back and think about what I missed out on because I was self conscious about my looks. I went through a stage where I really didn't like how I looked but then I realized that there is so much more to me than a few extra lbs. I had to find that "self-esteem" before I could really actively go through this WOE process.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:23 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Yep. What you said.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:03 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Went to workout today and the trainer had mercy on me and let me just do cardio since I was still so sore. But I was told that I would not be off the hook for Friday. I am really getting into this workout thing. Now I need to revisit my diet more and see what supplements I want to add in. I keep reading threads about Coconut Oil and things that are good for digestion and Candida (which I am convinced I have but I haven't convinced my Dr yet). I am going to start doing more research in these areas.

Speaking of DIET...

I have been doing a bootleg version of carb cycling that I am sure is not effective so I need to start doing more research on that too. My menu pretty much has been this:

B - Activa or Eggs and Bacon
S - EAS Protein Bar
L - Zaxby's Salad w/ranch dressing
D - Protein and Veggies
S - Raid the fridge for any protein snack I can find

I know it is kind of random but I am working on getting in 3 meals with 2 snacks in between. I know from research that I need to eat every 3 hours but I am not hitting it. I have been using ****** to come up with a winning combination but so far no such luck. I have the tendency to eat light during the day and then pig out at night so I really need to get this eating thing under control.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:26 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Today is a good day filled with infinite possibilities...

This is one of the daily affirmations that I am going to adopt. I am making a list of affirmations to help through this WOE process. The concept of thinking and speaking positive is a powerful thing. I have decided to put some of my social work skills to work and see what happens.

I woke up this morning thinking about what it means to be a good person and being good to yourself. So in addition to making a list of affirmations I am also going to make a list of how I can be good to myself everyday. My rational for making the list is simple: If I am good to myself then I am more able to give more and be a good person. Seems easy enough but when you are making a conscious effort to improve yourself it can be a challenge but I know I am up for it.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 286/165.........42 yo 5'9
WOE: CAD
Start Date: July 19, 2007
You are such an inpsiration to me. I know your struggles, I lived them in school and still do.

I was the "big" girl, not fat, just labelled "big boned" throughout school. I know that a lot of my issues with food, were due to emotional eating and still are to this day. I got into the partying scene and etc. and never finished college, but look forward to going back soon. My family has gone through extreme health issues in the last few years and I have used those times to stuff some more feelings.

I was previously married and wanted to have children when I was in my early 30's, I had irregular cycles all my life. I never questioned this until I went to the Doctor for another injury but spoke to him regarding irregular cycles, etc. well he basically told me without any labwork, etc. that I would probably have to go to a fertility specialist and I believed him. I did some research on my own and found the PCOS website. I have never been diagnosed but I am sure to this day that is part of my weight problem. My marriage ended and I lost a lot of weight. I didn't do it in a healthy manner, but I did excercise and took diet pills. I believe that I was at my God given weight. People actually told me that I am small boned! and I believe this because even though I was in Sin, I was able to get pregnant. I don't recommend the single parent life, but I am grateful that the Lord blessed me with her. My whole point is that once I was at my God given weight, I was able to conceive. I have read other stories from women with PCOS that have been able to conceive after they lost weight. After I had my daughter, I looked more and more into the PCOS syndrome and I found a WOE that I followed and lost weight. Unfortunately I didn't stick with it, but I never let go of the book and I started again today. It could be something you might want to look into. It is so easy for me and I don't feel deprived. It is called the Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program. There is a thread on LC friends, that is very helpful.

I am going to start my own Journal, maybe it well keep me accountable!

God Bless you and just keep on striving to be the best you can be!
BacktotheBeachGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:16 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktotheBeachGal View Post
You are such an inpsiration to me. I know your struggles, I lived them in school and still do.

I was the "big" girl, not fat, just labelled "big boned" throughout school. I know that a lot of my issues with food, were due to emotional eating and still are to this day. I got into the partying scene and etc. and never finished college, but look forward to going back soon. My family has gone through extreme health issues in the last few years and I have used those times to stuff some more feelings.

I was previously married and wanted to have children when I was in my early 30's, I had irregular cycles all my life. I never questioned this until I went to the Doctor for another injury but spoke to him regarding irregular cycles, etc. well he basically told me without any labwork, etc. that I would probably have to go to a fertility specialist and I believed him. I did some research on my own and found the PCOS website. I have never been diagnosed but I am sure to this day that is part of my weight problem. My marriage ended and I lost a lot of weight. I didn't do it in a healthy manner, but I did excercise and took diet pills. I believe that I was at my God given weight. People actually told me that I am small boned! and I believe this because even though I was in Sin, I was able to get pregnant. I don't recommend the single parent life, but I am grateful that the Lord blessed me with her. My whole point is that once I was at my God given weight, I was able to conceive. I have read other stories from women with PCOS that have been able to conceive after they lost weight. After I had my daughter, I looked more and more into the PCOS syndrome and I found a WOE that I followed and lost weight. Unfortunately I didn't stick with it, but I never let go of the book and I started again today. It could be something you might want to look into. It is so easy for me and I don't feel deprived. It is called the Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program. There is a thread on LC friends, that is very helpful.

I am going to start my own Journal, maybe it well keep me accountable!

God Bless you and just keep on striving to be the best you can be!
Hi Linda!

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing part of your testimony. I will be looking for your journal and I welcome any imput and wisdom that you can share. I will also look for the CAD thread and check it out. I think my mom may have had the book at one time. Will have to check with her to see if she still has it.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:25 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Confession Time Yesterday's Menu was a desaster!

B - Activa
S - Popcicle
L - Zaxby's Grilled House Salad WITH fried onions and toast!
S - Activa
D - CHINESE FOOD

Other than succumbing to the temptations of food. I had a good day. I started my list of things I can do to be good to myself. It's not very long though but I will be adding to it:

Eat Well (working on it :blush
Exercise (just started this week)
Laugh (I do that a lot!)
Get a massage (maybe once a month and the massage school - only 25 bucks!)
Get a makeover (get my supermodel on)
THINK POSITIVE

That's all I have right now. I had another Activa and a HB egg for BF. Starting next week I am going to have to find another yogurt because the Activa tastes too much like dessert to me. I know they have a light version but I think I better go with the bacon and eggs again or start doing omelettes.

Affirmation of the day:
I am FINE and SEXY and nobody can tell me different! (stated with the black girl neck roll - lol!)

Last edited by 123Nkechi; 07-27-2007 at 07:28 AM..
Old 07-27-2007, 08:25 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Don't worry too much about the chinese extravaganza. Just resolve to plan better so you don't find yourself in that situation again! Maybe it is something as simple as taking in more calories earlier in the day so that you aren't quite so hungry (and therefore susceptible to the temptation of off-plan food) at dinner. It's all trial and error, but you'll figure it out. I have found that if I have a small high fat snack, like almonds for example, before I go out to dinner that it helps me keep things in check. Coconut oil bark is another way to manage it. Just a few ideas...

Good luck!

Jodi
Old 07-27-2007, 09:18 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Jodi!

I am working on a new menu and shopping list right now. I already had the coconut oil on my list. I like almonds so I may pick up a bag of them also for snack.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:47 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

It sounds like YOU are doing a lot of thinking about what you're doing, that's a great way to get your head in the game. And i think nice "for me " treats, like a MASSAGE , sound awesome! Do you find yogurt bothers you? I love the stuff, but find it leaves my tummy less than happy. Have a great day.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:17 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Eileen - I love yogurt but it does bother me if I eat too much...

Confession Time :blush:

While I was making my shopping list for "good food" for my plan, my co-worker called me outside for the cookout they were having for the trainees. All I intended to get was a hamburger and a piece of steak and ended up with the bun for my hamburger AND potato salad and baked beans . My problem is that we have so much temptation at work. Somebody is always bringing food like donuts, cake, and they have the cookout every 6 weeks or so. To top it all off I drove right past the gym and didn't go workout.

After I got home and thought about it, guilt got to me so decided to workout. Did 2 sets of squats and lundges and a little weightlifting. Was too tired for the 3rd set and plus it was late and storming outside so I went to bed. This morning I made myself a whey protein shake for BF and I put my new diet plan in ****** to see if I will be eating enough calories. My new diet starting next week is going to be something like this:

S - Organic Soy Milk and 3 Frozen Strawberries - 5 Carbs
B - Eggs and Veggies - 7 Carbs
L - Zaxby's Grilled Chicken Salad w/dressing NO onions and toast - 8 Carbs
S - Nuts - 5 Carbs
S - Whey Protein Shake (post workout) - 3.5 Carbs
D - Chicken or Fish and Veggies - 5 Carbs

Total Carbs 33.5 (Roughly 1800 Calories - if I eat enough protein)

I figured this is going to be good since I will be working out everyday doing weight training on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I going to try this for a month and see it the scale moves.

Speaking of the scale, I have not been weighing in because I don't want to be discouraged. It's almost TOM and I know for sure I am retaining water. I can feel it . Have been drinking a lot of water and taking a lot of trips the the little girl's room. I guess I will weigh in tomorrow morning and do my measurements then. I also plan to take before and after pics if I can find my camera.

Affirmation of the Day:

I Love ME - Love the skin you're in!

Last edited by 123Nkechi; 07-28-2007 at 06:20 AM..
Old 07-30-2007, 06:31 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Got up this morning and finally faced the scale: 236 lbs

I know it is probably my eating from last week as well as the impending visit from TOM. I was in a very bad mood yesterday. Took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and only woke up when the phone rang. I am drained and emotional - which is a tell tale sign that TOM is coming. I don't track my cycles but they usually come every 5 weeks. This great since I have gone a year without a cycle in the past.

Breakfast was scrambled eggland's best eggs with broccoli cooked in CO and a dash of sea salt. Had a glass of Lipton this morning after I got to work. Lunch will be the grilled salad as usual. I am trying to stay on track this week and so far so good. I think another reason I have been cranky is because my legs are still SORE from Friday's workout of squats and reverse lunges. Today will be upper body and abs.

Today's Affirmation :

Stop living in fear and start living in righteousness... (will elaborate on this later)
Old 07-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Nkechi, if tom is coming i wouldn't weigh either.
It's funny, i have similar missing period problems too. I have since i started. About 2 weeks ago i had my first TOM in 4 years!! I think that was the longest stretch. And the doctors don't seem to concerned about it. Being in my 30's , knowing what i know now, i wish i would have raised hell when i was young, the doctors just kept shrugging and saying i was irregular and it wasn't unusual. It's a different story when you get to your child bearing years. I wonder if it's a weight issue?? Anyway, sorry to rant on your journal, i just thought it was interesting that we both share this "problem/blessing".
Old 07-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Ramble on! I don't mind.

Lunch was good. The old standby: Zaxby's Grilled Chicken Salad w/o onions and toast and Mediterranean dressing. I usually get Ranch but decided to mix it up today. It was good but more carbs than the Ranch so I probably ended up with about 12 carbs instead of the usual 10. I see I have one last Activa in the fridge at work and I am tempted to eat for my snack. I'm overdue for one and my stomach needs something. I really don't want the cashews on my desk right now. The thought makes me but I guess that is for the best and makes me not want the yogurt now. I have a headache from trying this new tea my co-worker gave me and I think that is why my stomach feels icky too. May not workout since my tummy and head hurt. Plus my legs are still sore from Friday.

Dinner is either steak or salmon and veggies. I found a new microwave steamer bag that is pre-seasoned. I usually get the birdseye brand but picksweet now has some and they are cheaper. Will try tonight and see if I need to go back and get more.

Last edited by 123Nkechi; 07-30-2007 at 01:17 PM..
Old 07-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Okay so I went to workout even though I didn't feel like it. I feel so much better. Got home and now I really want something sweet so I ate a small piece of fish instead (it was fried but the breading was falling off so guess that was just about 2-3 carbs). I am getting ready to cook dinner:

Steak and mixed veggies (I need the something heavy like steak to fill me up)
Old 07-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Final Menu Report:

B - Scrambled Eggs and Broccoli (Cooked in coconut oil) - 7 carbs
L - Zaxby's Grilled Salad w/Mediterrenean Dressing - 12 carbs
S - 2oz of Flounder (Fried ) - 2 carbs
D - 8oz Steak (Cooked in coconut oil) w/Steamed Spring Mixed Veggies - 10 carbs
S - 2oz Cream Cheese w/2 tbls Vanilla DaVinci's Syrup (to control my sweet tooth) - only 2 carbs!

Total Carbs for the day: 33 Carbs

Did upper body and abs workout. Was much easier this time.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:31 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

I woke up this morning and the power was out . Apparently, late last night a transformer blew and the whole street was out of electricity until about 7:30 this morning. Luckily I was able to get a shower and iron my pants but no time to cook breakfast. To top off the morning, I have 2 cars and my dad wanted to borrow my car to go out of town to a funeral and my mom decided that she was not going and that she had errants to do. My mom's car broke down about 6 months ago and it is not fixed so she wanted to use my other car. This meant that I would have to be taken to work and call and get her to pick me up for lunch. Now I really have an attitude because this should have been discussed and settled last night. Then my dad had the audacity to ask if I had any gas in the car! If he's going to drive it then he needs to get his own gas ! I know all my grouchiness is due to pre TOM. Anyway my mom ended up taking me to get something to eat on the way to work and told me to call when I was ready. Got the usual: Bacon and Scrambled Eggs and water.

Oh yeah I almost forgot in my rant. I got on the scale this morning and dispite impending TOM I am down 2 lbs at 234. I don't know what that is all about. Well that is my day so far. Today is a great day! (Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it...)

Affirmation of the day :

Don't be weary in well doing because it all works out in the end anyway (it's scriptural but can't think of the verse right now)
Old 07-31-2007, 06:49 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations on working out, even though you didn't feel like it. I admire your discipline! And congratulations on the two pound loss! You're on the right track!!
JSky1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:00 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Jodi! I really appreciate the words of encouragement
Old 07-31-2007, 07:02 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Today's Menu:

B - Bacon and Eggs - 3 Carbs
L - Zaxby's Salad w/Mediterranean Dressing - 12 Carbs
S - Grape Salad w/Cream Cheese, Walnuts and Whipped Cream - 22 Carbs
S - Teriaki Beef Jerky - 10 Carbs (ate a lot post cardio )
D - Asian Chicken Nuggets and Broccoli w/CO and Sea Salt - 22 Carbs (just had to end on a sad note - )

Total Carbs 69 with calories right under 1800. I guess that is okay since I have given myself a carb range of 50 to 100. In one of my researches they said this range was good if you are doing weight training - don't ask me which one and not even sure it it really matters much but it makes since to me. I really wanted to say in the 50's though and I don't want to go too low since I am working out too. Did 20 minutes of cardio and have weight training tomorrow.

One good thing to report. I am not nearly as sore as I was last week! I think I'm getting stronger !