LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 123Nkechi
Stats: Fat/Still Fat/Not So Fat
WOE: Low carb (or something like it)...
Start Date: Starting Over...AGAIN!!!
I'm back!!!

I got back yesterday evening. Caught a cold or sinus infection or some type of bug while I was down there . Not feeling great but blessed non the less. I missed you gals! I will give a full report later...
123Nkechi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2007, 06:49 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Confession Time

I have been totally off plan and last night I found out why...TOM flew into town yesterday all the way from Cramp City . I have been achy and cranky and this past weekend was very busy between teaching a class and my niece's 1st birthday (YES I did eat cake and it was GOOD). I was just talking to my co-worker about the challenge as I was polishing off a brownie another co-worker brought in for the office. My next weigh-in is on the 16th so I have a week from tomorrow to get it together. Until further notice my menu will be as followed:

Breakfast: bacon and eggs

Lunch: grilled chicken salad

Dinner: chicken/fish and steamed veggies

Water: minimum of 99oz

I have got to do better. My water intake is WAY down and my coffee intake is WAY up. I was never a hardcore coffee drinker before but I see the signs that I may be a little addicted. Pray for me...

Affirmation of the WEEK :

I will drink my H2O! I will drink my H2O! I will drink my H2O!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Someone just asked me about my name - Nkechi - so I decided to share:

Quote:
I pronounce it Na-Kee-chee but it's supposed to be pronounced N-ket-chee. It's a African name from the Igbo tribe in Nigeria. It means God's own or God's property or something like that.
I am the only person in my family with an ethnic name. Most people call me by my nick name though. I have never been to Africa but I would like to visit one day for vacation.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: beautifulme
Stats: 275-135-140
WOE: Whole foods.
Start Date: Everyday....
Hello...

I love your name.It is nice to have a unique name because then people will always remember you.
Nice to see that you got back on to your plan
Have a happy(fake holiday)..DAY.....
beautifulme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Hello,
Just dropping in and saying hello.
Have a great day!
Janice
Indigo-65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:11 AM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

Nkechi how are you?
I think I'm going to buy the T-Taps workout videos. They must be worth the money.
Have a good day
Janice
Old 10-09-2007, 06:46 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Everybody!!!

I am starting out my day with the usual coffee and DaVinci's SF syrup w/Coffee-mate. I also added a cut of water as a chaser. I know I should cut down on the coffee but it does cut my appetite some and that can be a good thing. I have a presentation during lunch time today so I am not sure what I am eating. I will try to keep it LC of course and drink lots of water. TOM is still kicking my butt but I appreciate that my body is cooperating and following a regular cycle. After going a year without a cycle and having the fear of not being able to have children makes you think differently about cramps and PMS.

Things have calmed down at work as far as the drama is concerned but I have been so busy that it really doesn't matter anymore. I do have a different outlook on working here now. I think that is a good thing because it reminds me that God is my source and that everything else is temporal. I realize that my concentration should be on Him, not a job or people or money or status or anything else that occupy the minds and hearts of some.

I have Tae-Bo this afternoon. I haven't done it in a while. Pray that I don't pass out !

Last edited by 123Nkechi; 10-09-2007 at 06:47 AM..
Old 10-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mstamika
Stats: 217.6/217.6/140
Start Date: When I was born
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Nkechi View Post
Hi Tamika! I just stopped by to peep your journal. Nice going on the T-Tapp. I was thinking about ordering the set also but I have so many tapes and DVDs that I could start my own library - LOL.
Hi Nkechi, Thanks for droppin in.

I so know what you mean about the catalog of tapes/DVDs I thought long and hard before I ordered T-Tapp because I didn't want to just add to my collection. I bought Callenetics right before I bought T-Tapp and guess what I don't even work out to the Callenetics DVD. I wrote about falling asleep watching it in journal.

After reading the T-Tapp book I got from Amazon.com it was an easy choice though because the information made sense.

With excercise as a whole I started with little stuff and worked my way up to this point. I started out walking up the stairs at work instead of taking the elavator, that was about a year ago. The first time I walked up the 2 flight I had to stop at each landing. I did that for a while. Then I started walking at lunch and then I moved to the treadmill and so on till I got to this point. I was not in T-Tappin shape or even jogging shape a year ago. It has been a journey.
mstamika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

Just dropping in to say hello.
Janice
Old 10-11-2007, 10:53 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Hello All,

I am still struggling with my diet and exercise but I am working on it. My motivation is really low right now and I can't snap out of it for some reason. I was thinking about doing a fast and pray to seek God for the answer. We will see how it goes...
Old 10-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #161
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lulu Belle
Stats: First goal is 20lbs. 18 so far!
WOE: Low Carb. (mostly)
Start Date: Sept 26,2012
Hello my dear!! I won't reiterate the pm info! You know , the moving crap. I was just catching up and feel bad work has been the way it has. A largely female work environment is often catty for some silly reason. I hope you can find a way to get past it so your days are easier, cause there is nothing worse than hating going to work everyday.
I've been off key lately with the eating too, moving does not lend to great eating. (Neither does pumpkin cheesecake 5 days in a row, but dang , it's gooooood.). My weight has only went up about 2 pounds (amazingly), i know that's not great, but as soon as things calm down a bit i can plan a bit more. It's been nuts. Larry got home at 10 tonight from work and was gone at 10.30 to lay carpet at the other house. i work till 2, wait for the kids to get home, eat and we go to the house until 8 pm. It's just been crazy. Everyone is tired and cranky.

Regardless, i'm glad to see ya'll, and look forward to chatting to you later.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you are having a good day.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

This week has been a VERY busy week. I taught 3 classes back to back and I am TIRED. I actually have another class tomorrow morning for my part time gig but I am thinking of canceling. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

You're a busy gal. Have a great weekend if we don't talk to you before tuesday.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

dropping by to say hi and see how things are going. From the looks of things you are up to your eyeballs with a super busy schedule..

I pray you are finding the strength you need to stay on plan or at least as close as you can and strength to make it through your busy week.

Take care
Old 10-15-2007, 06:31 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Hello All!

This weekend was pretty good. Actually didn't to too bad on my WOE but not that good either. My next weigh-in for the challenge at work is tomorrow and I am scared that I haven't lost an ounce. I will find out tomorrow.

I had a class Saturday morning and made a quick buck. Spent the rest of my day with my niece (she is getting so big - and ACTIVE ). On Sunday, Mr. C was supposed to go to early morning church service with me but he overslept . I was so pissed that I canceled our plans to go to the state fair that afternoon. I called him several times to wake him up but he never answered the phone. I wouldn't have been so mad if we had not discussed it several times before yesterday. He thought I was over reacting and maybe I was but I felt that he should have put forth more effort to make it. We had a long talk last night and I told him that I needed to take a break and think about some things and decide whether or not I want to pursue a real relationship with him. The think is, we get along great together and everytime we go out we have fun and we do have a lot in common. BUT, I am not sure where he is spiritually and that is a very important part of my life. There are some other things that have bothered me as well. We have talked about these things before and he knows how I feel and claims to feel the same way but...I just don't see it. I don't know (sigh). I just have this feeling in my gut that something is missing. I will be praying about it this week .

Affirmation of the WEEK :

The JUST shall live by FAITH.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 AM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for dropping in saying hello.
How are you?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:03 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning How are you doing? How are things coming along with that busy schedule?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies. This week is a lot less stressful than last week. I only have 2 classes and they are not back-to-back like last week so I have time to prepare like I want to. My eating is getting back on track but not all the way yet. Today's Menu:

B: 2 cups of Coffee w/Hazelnut DaVinci's and Coffee-mate
L: Fried Chicken, garden salad, and a couple of sips of sweet tea
D: Will be BBQ chicken and salad

My water intake sucks big time. I was supposed to workout but of course I left my clothes home. May do WATP this evening. I need to order my T-TAPP quick! I weigh-in tomorrow so I will let you know the damages in the morning. TTFN!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

It looks like you're eating pretty good! Did you hear about the reports that are flying around now saying there is no benifit to drinking tons of water?? I don't know what to make of it, personally except for the excessive bathroom trips i "feel" slimmer when i drink lots.

So Mr C is still on the fringes eh? Tough choices. Really tough too especially if you can't quite put your finger on the thing that's bothering you. Hugs to you!
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Hello there.What kind of classes do you teach?
Sorry to hear that you have been having a hard time with your plan.Things will get better in time.I always walk when I am feeling bad so I won't grab any comfort foods.Prayer works wonders.Sometimes I watch episodes of pastor Joel Osmond on my Ipod,he always has a way of cheering me up.You can play his podcast while you search LCF.....
Old 10-16-2007, 01:28 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: blessedtamekia
Stats: 227/220/200(first goal)
WOE: Low Carb/High Protein
Start Date: Officially Started: September 17, 2007
Nkechi,

Just wanted to stop by and say
Things are going to get better. Keep up the good work.

Tamekia
blessedtamekia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

I have been praying and need to start fasting to get this WOE under control. Last night my good intentions went out of the window and I ended up eating some cornbread with my BBQ chicken and a night cap of breyers vanilla ice cream . Today's eating was bad also:

B: Chick-fil-a biscuit (only ate half the bread - but I did eat it ) Sweet Tea
L: Half a pastry (made me sick) w/Coffee
D: ?????

BUT...I weighed in today for the "Biggest Loser" challenge at work and I'm down to 227.4! I am excited about that even though it's only about 2 lbs in 2 weeks. I haven't been eating a lot but I HAVE been eating the wrong things. Just imagine if I had done what I was supposed to do...(sigh). Well anyway TTFN!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have been praying and need to start fasting to get this WOE under control. Last night my good intentions went out of the window and I ended up eating some cornbread with my BBQ chicken and a night cap of breyers vanilla ice cream . Today's eating was bad also:

BUT...I weighed in today for the "Biggest Loser" challenge at work and I'm down to 227.4! I am excited about that even though it's only about 2 lbs in 2 weeks. I haven't been eating a lot but I HAVE been eating the wrong things. Just imagine if I had done what I was supposed to do...(sigh). Well anyway TTFN!!!
Working through the challenges can be really tough. Keep your head up! I know you can do it!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:07 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Did you eat these things at work,Or at home?I am asking because I make sure that I don't have ANY junky stuff in my house and I don't take ANY money with me when I leave the house.I take a HIGH interest credit card for emergencies that I WOn't use because of the interest,cell phone if I get stranded and that's it.I have a 10$ calling card,bottle of water and a atkins peanut butter bar in the car also.This has been the only thing that has worked for me.I have to control my enviornment.If i am having a really tough day.I don't even drive by the fast food joints because I know that I will go home and get some money to feed my binge.It's good that you are acknowledging your weak points and trying to fix them.You can do it.WE can do it...
Old 10-17-2007, 10:24 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Nkechi, I hope you are doing well today.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #177
Blabbermouth!!!

Good afternoon Nhecki, I hope you have a great day.
Jan
Old 10-18-2007, 02:00 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulme View Post
Did you eat these things at work,Or at home?I am asking because I make sure that I don't have ANY junky stuff in my house and I don't take ANY money with me when I leave the house.I take a HIGH interest credit card for emergencies that I WOn't use because of the interest,cell phone if I get stranded and that's it.I have a 10$ calling card,bottle of water and a atkins peanut butter bar in the car also.This has been the only thing that has worked for me.I have to control my enviornment.If i am having a really tough day.I don't even drive by the fast food joints because I know that I will go home and get some money to feed my binge.It's good that you are acknowledging your weak points and trying to fix them.You can do it.WE can do it...
Most of my bad eating happens at work where all of the temptation is. Like today we had a birthday luncheun for 2 of my co-workers at a seafood restaurant and I ended up ordering fried oysters plus fried green tomatoes and sweet potato fries. I do well if I eat alone and keep with my schedule but as soon as my schedule is altered I deviate. I need to work on my behaviors and channel my energies accordingly...
Old 10-18-2007, 02:47 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: blessedtamekia
Stats: 227/220/200(first goal)
WOE: Low Carb/High Protein
Start Date: Officially Started: September 17, 2007
I can relate to the job-eating. For every occassion and non-occassion, they celebrate with FOOD!!!! Can't we celebrate with books or pocketbooks?
blessedtamekia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Most of my bad eating happens at work where all of the temptation is. Like today we had a birthday luncheun for 2 of my co-workers at a seafood restaurant and I ended up ordering fried oysters plus fried green tomatoes and sweet potato fries. I do well if I eat alone and keep with my schedule but as soon as my schedule is altered I deviate. I need to work on my behaviors and channel my energies accordingly...
Nkechi, I empathize with your dilemma. Since April we have had food delivered everyday at my joy, some days we were fed twice a day. It took a loooong time before I was able to push away and restrain myself. I gained so much weight.

Although we still have food delivered daily full lunch including cookies and brownies I also had a box of oreo cookies and M&M delivered to me personally for our group Talk about TEMPTATION!

Behaviors is the key though, God gave us a choice... Continue to explore ways to modify your behavior and think outside the box. For example, make a commitment to someone in your life if you eat something off plan (define your plan specifically) then you have to give them $20. That amount hurts the pocketbook enough to modify behavior let me tell you.

My girlfriend was working on not overeating at meals. She sent me $50 everytime she over ate. I got 4 checks and after 4 penalties she learned her lesson. She is doing so good with not overeating.

Just a thought.

No matter what I believe in you and your beautiful spirit I know you will work it out.