Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 06:28 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 123Nkechi
Stats: Fat/Still Fat/Not So Fat
WOE: Low carb (or something like it)...
Start Date: Starting Over...AGAIN!!!
Okay it's PMS time again and TOM is soon stopping by for a visit. I noticed the change in mood Monday and had to look at the calendar to make sure. Feeling a little TLM - Tired, Lazy and Moody . My diet and water intake has been a struggle and it is taking me some time to get back into it this week. I missed Tae*Bo yesterday because I had cramps but I plan to do weights today if I am not too TLM. I hate this time of month because it really sets me back. I know I won't be getting on the scale anytime soon.

Despite impending TOM, I put on my size 16 pants this morning and they are not tight in the waist like they used to be. They actually fit pretty good. I am excited to see some progress.

Affirmation of the Day :

This too shall pass!
123Nkechi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2007, 11:27 AM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lulu Belle
Stats: First goal is 20lbs. 18 so far!
WOE: Low Carb. (mostly)
Start Date: Sept 26,2012
Hey! Glad to hear about your pants fitting well, that is a awesome feeling isn't it. Darn old TOM, wrecks everything, and hides how you're doing with the low carb eating for a week or so. But as i said before , the only thing is , sometimes when it's all said and done your pleasantly lighter than you thought.! We'll chat at ya later.....
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:39 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

I feel icky ! I've been in a funky mood too with a bad case of the TLM's . I hope I can get it together by the weekend. I HATE TOM!!!

Monday is Labor day so that means the "official" end to summer vacation. I don't really have any plans other than to work on a business plan with a partner of mine. We are developing a nonprofit. I am really excited about it but it is time consuming. I don't plan on working too hard due to the holiday and I am really looking forward to my day off.

Affirmation of the Day :

I can endure all things because I already have the VICTORY!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:14 PM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

WOW! You guys are putting together a nonprofit (organization?). That sounds like a tremendous amount of effort. I get the feeling you are quite a go getter! I hope you have a good long weekend. It won't be much of a long weekend for me, i'm working sunday and monday both. Oh well. Pays the bills. We'll talk to you later.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Girl, you better not be enjoying the long weekend too much. Or if you are, enjoy it for me too, i'm working.......
Old 09-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

I am still bloated, tired, and cranky because of PMS/TOM . I hope TOM appears soon because I want to see the scale go down again. I notice I am more focused after TOM leaves but my willpower is almost non existent when he is on the way. I really need to get that under control :blush:.

My long weekend is over. Didn't do much. I had dinner with friends on Friday and on Saturday went out with someone that wants to be my significant other. We haven't known each other long and I want to take things slow. He is ready to settle down but we have haven't even known each other a month yet . He is the same person that I am working on the nonprofit with and it is quickly progressing into something more. I really want to take things slow because I don't want to make any mistakes. He got me a necklace yesterday and brought to my office this morning. I don't know how it's all going to work out but I will be praying on it.

Affirmation of the Day :

Good things come to those who wait (and it feels like I've been waiting FOREVER!)
Old 09-04-2007, 07:45 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SinKittyVixen
Stats: 256/139/135
Aww a necklace.. Thats soo sweet!
~Kasey
SinKittyVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:02 AM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

More details please. Are you interested in the fella??? The fact you are thrown together on this project will give you guys lots of "getting to know you" time. Details, details, details.......
Old 09-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Yes we have been spending a lot of time together. We had a serious talk Sunday night about not taking things too fast. THEN he goes and gets the necklace! I really want to see how things turn out with the project first but I think I am going to have to make a decision soon. The thing is that we have a lot in common, we want the same things and he is the sweetest guy that I have ever dated. The only problem is that he is not my type physically. At first I didn't find him attractive at all but after spending so much time with him I really do like him. I just don't want to jump into something and end up messing up our plans and our personal relationship. It really is not good to mix business with pleasure. At least that is what I heard. I will keep you posted on how things turn out.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:53 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Welllll......, follow your heart. If you know you aren't physically attracted, and you don't expect that to change, you have to be honest with yourself.
I once dated a amazingly nice guy, who bored me to tears. I dropped him eventually with some lame excuse. Months later he came back into the picture and i was glad, because he was such a great guy. 3 hours into our date i was bored silly again. I realized that even though he was nice, he wasn't for me. Hard choices, but even harder for you when you work closely with him. But i think if you're unsure you're being smart playing it slow.....
Old 09-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Great advice. The thing is he does not bore me at all. We get along great. As far as him not being as attractive as other guys I've dated, I think I am getting over that. After all I am getting older and not everyone can find 6'4" tall, dark, and handsome . In the end it's the heart that matters right?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Well i think we all know the more time you spend with some one and the better you get to know them , you usually find them more attractive because you're liking other aspects of them besides just looks. Time can be a friend!!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:46 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Only time will tell...

I still have not gotten my eating under control and I just realized that I don't have any clothes to workout in. I guess I should go home at lunch and pick them up. Things are progressing very well for me and my friend - personally and professionally. I met with a couple of young ladies that are interested in doing community programming in our nonprofit and our planning is going well. Friend and I talked about being "unofficial." Not too sure what that means but I am starting to like him more than I should. We will see.

Affirmation of the Day :

I'm trusting in the Lord for I know HE will renew my strength!

Last edited by 123Nkechi; 09-06-2007 at 06:49 AM..
Old 09-06-2007, 07:09 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

LOl, unofficial is the best way to go. And Im glad your starting to like him My husband wasnt the 'best' looking guy, but once I got to know him, he became gorgeous to me. Giving it a chance is a great choice in my opinion.
Ive gotten my eating under control. Its taking a lot of willpower, after all those carbs last week.I havent began working out yet, but I think I will later on today.
~Kasey
Old 09-06-2007, 07:26 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kasey!

I am keeping my options open and hoping for the best. I never know, he may be the one...

Working out has been what has kept me on track. I also notice I eat less when I work out which means I need to be working out everyday !

Last edited by 123Nkechi; 09-06-2007 at 07:28 AM..
Old 09-07-2007, 06:14 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Looks like a yummy menu!
Old 09-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

TOM finally came to town yesterday all the way from Cramp City . I knew it was coming since I was so tired the night before. I was in class all day today so I am tired and looking forward to the weekend. Not much planned though. My friend, Mr. C has to work so we probably won't do anything special. We are supposed to meet with some people about business but I am not sure if that is going down since he is working. I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend. Stay cool and LC!

Affirmation of the Day :

I have all that I need but I want MORE!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Wellll. It sounds like things are getting interesting with Mr. C. ( I'm married to a mr. c too!!) And it sounds like you're becoming more interested. I guess it's just not possible to tease someone via the internet!! Good luck in this venture!
Now that TOM has arrived you know what you're dealing with and you can move forward....LC, LC, LC. Maybe someday it will stick in the brain. But it sounds like you're doing a awesome job of sticking with your exercise program. Later........
Old 09-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Not so good on the exercise this week but since TOM should be out of the way by TCT, I will be back on the wagon. Also plan on trying induction. I figure if I can keep myself in ketosis during TOM then I will reduce my cravings...

Yes I am growing fond of Mr. C more and more everyday. I will keep you posted !
Old 09-09-2007, 06:36 PM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Aww, that's so sweet. You're making me grin!!!! I love new relationships, they are so full of surprises!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:26 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Okay so this weekend was not so good but I'm starting the day off right with bacon and eggs for breakfast and I am planning to have my old standby salad from Zaxby's. I don't know about dinner but will probably be some type of meat and veggie combo. Also plan to workout. Trying to get back on the wagon.

Things with Mr. C are still progressing too quickly for my taste. I am really praying about this. He was in a bad mood because I haven't told my parents that we are in a relationship (I am not sure that is what it is myself). He told me last night that he wanted to get married by the end of the year ! We've only known each other a few months. I really don't know what to do. I've never had a guy come on this strong before - that's what women usually do. Most of the talk about marriage has been hypothetical but it still makes me nervous. I don't know what to do!

Affirmation of the Day !

Seek HIM first!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Hmm. That Mr C, is freaking me out.Thats weird that'd he say that already. But u do seem irresistable Id tell him to back off tho, if he keeps pushing too hard.
Why r weekends so hard? LOL. I madfe it thru this one. Tho, I did have a lot of sunflower seeds, lol. But that was it...Im so in for working out too!! Ive been lazy!
~Kasey
Old 09-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah Mr. C is moving a little to fast so I am "pumping the brakes" for now...we've talked about it and he seems to understand. If I get a ring I'll let you all know - LOL.

I am good about structuring my menus during the week but on the weekends...It just occurred to me that I just don't plan for the weekends like I do during the week. I just need to do better. As they say...Fail to plan, Plan to FAIL.

I am looking forward to my workout this afternoon. We are going to change the focus from upper body to focus more on abs. I really need work in that area !
Old 09-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad to hear your still working hard on the exercise! You are committed!!!!

As to Mr. C. It could be he is truely ready to settle down, and you're what he needs (even though he's coming on like a mack truck). Orrrr, he could be a bit controlling. This of course , is coming from someone who has never met the fella. Just watch out for yourself. And if he's not willing to slow down , question his agenda. But of course, none of that is going to happen because it's all going to be fine.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Mr. C and I had a talk the last night and we both agreed to slow it down and concentrate on work. We have so much stuff to do to get the nonprofit up and running to worry about romance at this time. He IS truely ready to settle down and I understand that. We were just talking hypothetical at the time when I asked him when he wanted to get married. We both know that now is NOT the right time. It still freaked me out a little that he actually would consider it though ...

TOM is still lingering but I have retained my will power finally (for at least another 28 days ). I had a good day yesterday. Today is a little iffy because I was running late and ended up getting something out of the vending machine for breakfast. Some kind of cheese and beef stick and a pack of trail mix and a diet pepsi. Not good but could have been a lot worse. I estimate that I have fullfilled my carb intake for the day though. Not by much but still over...

Affirmation of the Day :

I am growing stronger mentally, physically, and spiritually everyday!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Aw, just have some fun already!! Work is important, but it's not warm at night (hee hee). Glad to hear your plunging ahead too, lets get these 5 pounds off just to prove we can.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: blessedtamekia
Stats: 227/220/200(first goal)
WOE: Low Carb/High Protein
Start Date: Officially Started: September 17, 2007
Hi Nkechi,

Your journal is very inspirational and blatantly HONEST!!!(good quality for weight loss) I have the desire to become active on board as a motivational tool but really don't know where to start (especially with the weight loss journey). I'm really going to be reaching our for a hand. And you are lucky to have Lulu Belle and SinKittyVixen as buddies, they always have something good and uplifting to say...............Even when you error.
blessedtamekia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Nekechi, whasup?? (Hi to Tamekia too!!) Good weekend? Busy? Plans with someone? Am i nosy? YEP! Hope everything is going well.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:00 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: blessedtamekia
Stats: 227/220/200(first goal)
WOE: Low Carb/High Protein
Start Date: Officially Started: September 17, 2007
Hey there everyone. As for my weekend, I am working all weekend. Trying to decide how to begin my game plan. I will read the various posts and go from there. Any and all suggestions/comments are welcome for some kick start!! How is everyone's plan going? Has anyone had success and/or views on the high protein plan?
blessedtamekia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:18 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody!!!

I just realized that I haven't written in my journal in almost a week! I wish I had lots of exciting and juicy details to share but I don't...

My weekend was good. I've been bloated all week for some reason. I haven't been doing well with my eating though and that may be the reason I've been having stomach problems . I think I really need to go to the bathroom (I know - TMI - but it's the truth ). I think the water is helping move things along but I may need a little assistance if I don't see results soon. My sister called me last week excited about the water email I sent and says she is doing South Beach again. She did it a couple of years ago for her wedding. Now I am considering it again myself but I will have to find my book first (I have a library of diet books ). I am also considering the BFL again and I think SB is a better diet to pair with BFL than Atkins as far as LC programs go. My tentative start date is October 1st but it may change because I have to go Charleston for work and I don't know if the hotel that I am staying in will have a gym or not. I also may end up staying with my grandmother (she lives in the area) and that could mean diet desaster if I do. She loves to cook and make you eat ! And there is no saying NO to grandmother's cooking if you know what I mean .

Mr. C and I went to dinner and a movie on Saturday and he cooked dinner last night. Then he professed his LOVE with this long speech about how we have known each other for a few months now and how we have gotten closer over the last month and that he really wants to see things progress in our relationship. He understood that I may not feel the same way yet but he is willing to wait and make our relationship work. As usual he is jumping the gun again. I was speechless to say the least. I've only known him since February and we have only been working together for about a month. I think it is still too soon. We will probably have another serious talk this week. At least this time he didn't buy a gift this time...

Affirmation of the Day :

I will focus in what is important this week and make decisions accordingly!