LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2007, 06:52 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 123Nkechi
Stats: Fat/Still Fat/Not So Fat
WOE: Low carb (or something like it)...
Start Date: Starting Over...AGAIN!!!
Okay Ladies - We can do this!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know this is not very good but I haven't had breakfast. Just drinking water and may do some tea later. Lunch will be the usual - Zaxby's Grilled House Salad with Ranch, no toast and no fried onions. Yesterday's workout was good and I can really tell that I am getting stronger. I was able to up the weights and I am not really sore today (which is a good thing) and the plan is to walk on the treadmill this afternoon.
123Nkechi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2007, 06:58 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englandsfinest View Post
I know you are struggling but it is so inspring to see you keep pressing on. Keep up the good work! I know what you mean about it being hard at work. My coworkers take hour and half sit down lunches everyday and it is so tempting to go. I live close to home so I just try and go home and eat something low carb or no carb. I am on induction right now and have not found it that hard until now. This is my third week of low carb. I want some bread!!!! Don't know what to do from here but I hope I can figure it out. So we are in the same boat! Keep your head up boo.
englandsfinest! Yeah, work can be tricky but thankfully it's not everyday.

Confession Time:

However, last Thursday the lady that retired from our office brought everyone a pound cake. It was SO good! She dropped it off around lunch time and by the end of the day there were only 2 slices left. I only at a couple though :blush:.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

I changed my mind at the last minute about the salad and ended up getting a low carb italian wrap from Publix. I have had them before and they are really good but I probably would have been better off making my own. They couldn't tell me how many carbs were in the wrap though . If I had to guess I would say it was 10 since the ones I have at home are around 5 or 6 and about 4gm fiber plus they are thinner than the ones they use. In the end I probably just ate my days carb count in one meal - lol . I really need to start cooking to save money and carbs!
Old 08-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lulu Belle
Stats: First goal is 20lbs. 18 so far!
WOE: Low Carb. (mostly)
Start Date: Sept 26,2012
Cooking your own is always best option. But in the real world we don't always have time. You do the best you can! I don't think a wrap is the worst thing you could have picked. You could have had some cotton candy with a side of mashed ptoes.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Well today was pretty good overall but not quite induction eating:

B - Water and Lipton Green Tea To (Cherry Blossom Flavor)
L - "Low Carb" Italian Wrap w/Mayo and Mediterranean Dressing
D - Sirloin and Broc/Coli/Carrot mix w/cheese sauce
S - Thinking about getting my cream cheese fix but still haven't decided yet

Didn't put the carb count because I really didn't want to use the energy to think about it. I think I did pretty good though. Plus my co-workers talked me into doing TaeBo and lower body floor work so I did get in a good workout today. The new plan is (according to my co-workers ) to do the weight training Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and do the TaeBo on Tuesday and Thursday. I guess I can stick with that for now but I am still planning to start the BFL as soon as I finish the book. I was almost finished but I put it down last week and haven't picked it back up . Well anywho...the saga continues !
Old 08-15-2007, 05:26 AM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, the saga does continue. Good job on upping the weights. That can make such a difference . It sounds like you've got help at work, that's awesome. After the last time i did atkins, i don't discuss my diet at work at all. NOT SUPPORTIVE group. If they are being helpful, than enjoy and utilize their brains!!

Arent' the lipton Green teas amazing??
Old 08-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Love, love, love the Lipton Green Teas. I keep saying that I am going to just start making my own but they are so yummy and convenient.

I guess I will officially start Atkins at the beginning of the week. Eating was not too good today. I had another all day meeting at work which included breakfast pastries, fruit and coffee. I started out good by making my own coffee with DaVinci's and whipped cream (a la Starbucks) before I left home but when I saw all of the yummy stuff I couldn't resist . I didn't eat a lot but I did have a couple of the small rolls, fruit, and coffee with Splenda (sigh). For lunch I got a BBQ snack wrap with sweet tea from Mickey D's (I know! BAD BAD BAD ). The good thing is that I am ready and dressed to go work out. I don't know what is for dinner but the least I can do is end on a good note.

I just remembered that I haven't done an affirmation or any reflections in a while so here it is...

I am thankful that I have a space here to just be myself and learn more about this weightloss thing. The only thing I don't like is the sometimes "SNARKS" that know it all and belittle the efforts of some. Some people make it look so easy which makes others feel like a failure if they can't "stay on plan" and lose like they see others doing. I have seen some people just be down right rude just to defend their precious WOE. I have also noticed that some people on here start out gun ho and then disappear after a few weeks. It could be because of the SNARKS, or they have fallen off the wagon or life got in the way or whatever. This is a PROCESS and it takes time to change a lifetime's worth of habits. None of us are perfect and we are all in this together. We may fall down but we have to get up sometime or we will be stepped on!

Affirmation of the Day :

If at first you don't succeed, TRY and TRY again
Old 08-16-2007, 04:01 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

You know what's funny the Snarks who are such no it alls, eventually have someone who will stand up to them, then everyone else jumps on board , they get ticked off and disappear. When i first started here there was a person who posted and was often nasty. They were pecise and would state "this has 4.271g of carbs , NOT 2" And they were never nice about it. Usually it ended with people ignoring their posts and not responding. Don't let these people (i hope you didn't mean me!!) get to you, if they seriously annoy you, you're not alone.

BBQ snack wrap at micky d's??? We don't get any of that good stuff around here.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:08 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Of course I didn't mean you but I have noticed a few people get offended by snarks and they were just asking questions. It is crazy really because they just read the books just like everyone else - lol.

I made a quiche last night for dinner and will probably eat the leftovers tonight. It was okay but not enough meat. For breakfast today I had my homemade Starbucks coffee but I am already hungry. Will not be making a trip back to McDonalds again anytime soon. It's back to salads for now.

One of the members of my "workout crew" here at work wants to workout at lunch time but I don't know if I really wanna - don't like being sweaty at work . Today is TaeBo again and that can be a real workout. We will see...
Old 08-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Three Months to Thanksgiving

I was sitting here hungry and thinking about how time flies and it hit me - we only have 3 more months before the holidays. Of course this is the time when dieting and eating right is the hardest. My thinking is that I need to do everything I can from now until then to get it together. Thanksgiving is 14 weeks away according to my calendar and Christmas is just around the corner after that. I really need to get on the ball !

Affirmation of the Day :

I am operating according to HIS plans for me (Jeremiah 29:11) so I endeavor to stay on course.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SinKittyVixen
Stats: 256/139/135
Oh my...14 weeks.Ill be eating lots of turkey. lol.. Christmas Im not worried about. My scheduled cheat days are birthdays and holidays. This ole girls need something good ONCE in awhile.. lol. Just not overboard.
Keep up the good work, I love your journal
~Kasey
SinKittyVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:02 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kasey ! Thanks for stopping by!

Yeah schedules cheats are good but mine have been happening a lot lately - . If I am good from now until Thanksgiving then I will feel better about all of the yummy holiday indulgences . I want to get things on the ball now because I can't make any promises I will be good during the holidays but I will do my best .
Old 08-16-2007, 09:10 AM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

I find thanks giving is one of the easier meals to eat on plan with. But ,,,, there is the problem of pumpkin pie i guess. I ate my veggies at dinner too today (with chicken). You are going to stay away from rotten ronnies (macdonalds) today , right?? Lets both eat good , just for dinner and supper today. OK? We've already got 1/2 the day down.... one meal at a time. Come on girl, lets go....
Old 08-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for being my cheerleader Eileen! Yeah Thanksgiving is easy if you can stay away from the desserts. You are right - no more Mickey D's for me! I did have my favorite salad today. Ate the toast though . I have to do better. I just got back from my TaeBo and lower body floor workout. Now I will be sweaty the rest of the day. We have another heat advisory so I will definitely be staying in and under the AC with plenty of water (as I always do of course)!

Last edited by 123Nkechi; 08-16-2007 at 10:26 AM..
Old 08-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Ugg, sweaty until shower time. Yuck eh? But i am impressed, you're really give the tae-bo a try. I actually have one of the advanced tape, i think that was a mistake, i'm sure one time i put my hip out it was due to the side kicks. (not joking)
God love you guys with your heat. We had two weeks of swealtry hot stuff, now we're into decent days. I find the nights always heat up, at this minute i'm feeling a bit uncomfy and sticky despite just showering. Oh well, at least the hottest of our summer is over.
Well, we made it through the day, (i had some banana pudding- kid disgards), other than that - great. We'll do it all again tomorrow..... See you in the challenge....
Old 08-17-2007, 09:48 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

With AC and avoiding the outside it's not too bad. I guess I am used to it. We started out with the intermediate Tae*Bo but changed to the beginner level with the quickness . Today is weights again and then it's the weekend. I am eating my last meal at lunch and then starting induction at dinner. We will see how it goes. See you at the challenge!

Last edited by 123Nkechi; 08-17-2007 at 09:49 AM..
Old 08-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

Just checking in, i'll soon head to the challenge board, i'm curious to see if anyone has joined in yet. Either way , we'll post, post , post. Later...........
Old 08-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

We just have our little team of 3 for now but a team is a team and I am happy with it. I see we are getting a lot of views though so maybe we will get more people on the official weight in day. We will see...
Old 08-19-2007, 09:58 AM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Weigh in day........I'm ~~~SCARED~~~. Oh well, gotta be accountable some time!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Since it's is the first weigh-in we really have until next week to show real progress. Everytime you think about cheating just think about Take Charge Tuesday!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:12 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Your right actually, cause we did start the challenge end of week.. good point.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Take Charge Tuesday to you my friend. Here's hopin' you have a great day! Got a workout planned??
Old 08-21-2007, 01:52 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Getting ready to go workout in a few minutes. I tell you, my co-workers are not letting me slack off for a second. If I hadn't got the call I would have just left and went home . I am so thankful for the support and motivation that I am getting from everyone. God has truly blessed and I am finally seeing the scale move down .

Affirmation of the Day :

Take time to count your blessings!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

I like your affirmation! Too often we zoom by and miss what we have and should be thankful for. It 's good for meditating on!

You are so lucky to have a supportive crew at work, they must be special people. I have a coworker/friend i walk with , once we got in 6 months of nearly daily walks, and it's been slack since. There always seems to be something. Poor excuses mostly. For awhile we tried even going out for 1 break and part of lunch. Now that the weather isn't quite so hot maybe we'll get some schedule going again.
Have a great day, i guess it's wednesday officially now. I've got to be up in a little over 4 hours, maybe i better get to bed now!! Night!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Well today was another busy day at work. I have been in training all week and it is a busy one. Don't have much to say other than I am excited about the recent progress that I have been experiencing. I really think the workouts are doing the trick. Now all I have to do is keep it up !

Affirmation of the Day :

I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!
Old 08-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy wednesday! Keep the forward momentum going!!
Old 08-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Confession Time

Last week was a diet desaster! I was in a week long training and there was temptation left and right and I did mess up a few times . I didn't do too bad but still was not on plan. On top of that I only managed to work out 2 days because of the jammed packed schedule of the training. I was so tired by the end of the week that I didn't do anything this weekend but rest. Oh well (sigh), getting back on the wagon and starting this week off with a fresh start.

Affirmation of the Day :

If at first you don't success, GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND JUST DO IT!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

Confession is good for the soul (they say). My week was so/so too, although the last couple of days have been good. I hopped on the scale this afternoon and it said 205. If it said that midday, it should be lower in the early am weigh in. I hope.

I sounds like you've been really busy, and if it's as hot there ( i know it's gotta be worse) as it is here, it really wears you down. Just take it easy.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:01 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

I don't have much to report today so all I will do is my affirmation...

Affirmation of the Day :

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and FOREVER!!! (Hebrews 13:8)
Old 08-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy [COLOR="Red"]TAKE CHARGE TUESDAY![/COLOR]