LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: quiggley
Stats: 570+/218/ now 455.3/403.2/165
WOE: HHCG R1P2
Start Date: 1/20/02 restart 9/19/09
Restarting My Journey.

I just posted this on the CC and did not want to have to do it all again so just C&P's but am here to be totally accountable.

I have never been a great writer and I get very lazy on pronunciation since I usually type with the Kb on my bed while doing other things and I am typing over a moving Dog who insist that this side of the Bed belongs to her so I thank god for spell check for helping on for some of my errors LOL

I have had a bad 15 months some of you know this already and I will not go majorally into it but it started last April where within a Month My Pap'pa died, Our Home burned, Quiggley and Dani died and My Mother broke her hip at work I just kind of went on a downward spiel.

I got so involved with helping my Mother stressing about everything money, how I will pay bills, roommate issues etc I stopped going to the Gym like I should and started eating badly, the funny thing is I never cheated that much until the last few months but I went back to the way I had gained all my weight the 1 meal a day thing; and for my Body since it has been well documented by my Dr's office I can go up and down up to 40 pounds in a Day exercise and eating more meals makes a big difference.

I just lost all motivation and even having to get into larger sizes from the 14's I was wearing I just kind of ignored thinking X-Large is not that bad and I know what I need to do and can do it at any time and get it off fast. But I always had something come up, Leg Infections, The Arthritis in My Knees ,several URI's and ongoing stomach issues to where I need to have Gallbladder surgery it gets to me to where I am today.

I finally stopped making excuses even though I am still under a lot of stress here at Home So what? a lot of people deal with stress I knew I had to stop using it as an excuse and to get my butt moving again. I was letting everything/everyone around me control what I did and not doing what was best for me. I lost myself and became my own worst enemy.

I have been back on plan since Friday really on plan not playing at it and I am making myself eat more. I have not been back to the Gym yet hopefully I can get there tomorrow; but I have been riding the Recumbent Bike every Night while watching the 3 hour Big Brother thing.

I am one of those People that need goals to keep up my motivation so right now it is a trip to Universal I want to be able to get around better at the end of the Month. I think this has been the worst thing for me I fought so hard to get all my mobility back so without exercise my lymphedema is worst, My balance is horrible so without using a Cart to push at Stores to keep My balance I feel unsecure and I hate this limit more than anything.

So I am admitting I have messed up big time and have gained 150 pounds man that is scary but so is seeing 367 and having to buy a new scale because hey the scale only going to 300 helped keep me in denial. You know the old since I cannot see it I do not have to admit thing.

The Trip to TN last month really brought it all to a head for me I was in so much Pain with My Legs swelling, Plantar fasciitis in My feet and Bronchitis that I really had to face the fact that for me being heavier means more health issues and it will only get worst.

I really need the support of My Friends here though I have been a horrible Friend myself the last year. I know I would have never done this before without you Guys and I know I need to be accountable now or I will fall back into the same trap.

"You can either make excuses or get results but you can't do both"
"People will stay the same until the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of changing"--Tom Venuto

HHCG R1P2 Starting weight after loading 455.3 R1P2 day 17 403.2
quiggley is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #2

I figure I will do a update with My food exercise etc I weighed today so do not know how much weight I may have lost since Friday it took me a few days to get up my nerves LOL

I can get really addicted to the scale so only plan on weighing every 2 weeks so I will not go nuts.

I had stomach issues today so could not be far from a Bathroom so did not make it to the Gym but have ridden the recumbent Bike for 30 minutes so far and plan to ride more at Midnight watching Big Brother on Showtime.

I am still working on eating more it is a process

Breakfast 2 egg omelet with .25 cup Mexican shredded Cheese and 3 slices smoked Ham

Lunch: 2 ounces of Almonds and Walnuts mixed snacked on over a couple of hours

Dinner: 10 ounces Steak stir fried with half a cup of Peppers/onions made into a Salad with .25 Mexi Cheese, 1 cup Lettuce and 1/2 a Tomato topped with 2 TBS Salsa and 1 TBS Sour Cream

I will try and eat more nuts later I am just stuffed I have also had 8 bottles of water and 3 Diet Cokes.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmb425
Stats: 151.5/144.5 goal: 130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiggley View Post

I can get really addicted to the scale so only plan on weighing every 2 weeks so I will not go nuts.
(hope this quote thing works right)

Wow, I could not go that long w/o getting on the scale. I need that accountability to keep me on track
I will be pulling for you. I love this site for support.
Im so sorry to hear of all the tragedy you have gone through.
kb
kmb425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb425 View Post
(hope this quote thing works right)

Wow, I could not go that long w/o getting on the scale. I need that accountability to keep me on track
I will be pulling for you. I love this site for support.
Im so sorry to hear of all the tragedy you have gone through.
kb

Thanks, I actually spent the first 9 months the last time not having a scale to weigh me so I measured and watched the inches so I will do that again. I have Lymphedema so I can have big gains and losses daily so weight has never been a good indicator for me. But inches those are real and my weight moving because I swelled today and have a major fluid gain or loss just does not give me a true story.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #5

I just add to had this something I had not seen in awhile

Angel and I a few minutes ago my Face is so fat I hate it( but then when have I ever liked a pic of myself? ) but love the new Camera. I took these without the flash in My BR

Old 07-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DarbyAz
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart Aug 2006
You can do it Jann!
DarbyAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarbyAz View Post
You can do it Jann!
Thanks Darby I survived going to Golden Corral for Dinner and even sat right across from the Dessert Bar with no temptation.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #8

Ok I will post more later but as I said above I did really well at GC I ate Salad with Steak and Ranch Dressing. Pot Roast and made sure it was only the Meat and I got none of the Potatoes etc thankfully I have never liked potatoes or bread so that has never been an issue.
I also had a Steak I started to get some Broccoli but I was so stuffed so I guess today except for the Salad Veggies and Cheese was more of a meat day.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #9

I posted this on the CC yesterday afternoon and wanted to add it here.

There are some things I have had to accept over the years I will never be normal, I will never be able to eat normal the last year has proven that, I need to exercise more than most others, Even if I get close to goal My body will never even if I have surgery look normal there has been too much stretched skin for too many years, I have a Medical condition that will always keep my legs huge and I will always be a work in progress.

It has been so easy in the last year to just flow along daily and let go on the control because with all the drama I was just overwhelmed and like I posted before I became unimportant.

When I went to my reunion last month I got the comments from My Family about the weigh gain etc but you know what for the most part they just expected it because they were all waiting for me to fail, because that is my place in that Family to be the one they can hold up as a warning as in "hey I may have gained a little weight but I do not look like Jann" So when I got thinner than a lot of them they did not know how to react to me and they actually had to look at themselves so my being heavier yay for them.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #10

I did really well today I ate a Ham and Cheese Omelet with Peppers and Onions for Breakfast plus I ate 3 slices of Bacon

Lunch: I had 8 ounces of Roast Beef

snack: 1 ounce of Walnuts

Dinner: 8 more ounces of Roast and 1 cup Broccoli

Not a lot of veggies today not planned it just kind of happen.

I went to the Gym and did 90 minutes of water jogging with some jumping jacks thrown in then spent about 10 minutes in the Hot Tub since I am not really suppose to be in there with Lymphedema

I am still going to ride the recumbent Bike while watching Big Brother on showtime.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:50 PM   #11

Ok a little late but trying to keep this updated.

I have been doing well well the last few days and have finally gotten into the groove I am in ketosis have no cravings and I am back to my exercise routine.

I still have not gotten back to the machines yet I am waiting until I lose a little more and get a cortisone shot for My knee since it is hurting so for right now the water jogging is best.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #12
Not Jake

Gallery: Jake
WOE: Plain old Atkins
Start Date: 8/22/1973
Quote:
Ok a little late but trying to keep this updated.

I have been doing well well the last few days and have finally gotten into the groove I am in ketosis have no cravings and I am back to my exercise routine.

I still have not gotten back to the machines yet I am waiting until I lose a little more and get a cortisone shot for My knee since it is hurting so for right now the water jogging is best.
Hi Jann - your stats have always been so inspirational to me! I hope things go well with you on your routine. How often do you water jog, out of curiosity?
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy cricket View Post
Hi Jann - your stats have always been so inspirational to me! I hope things go well with you on your routine. How often do you water jog, out of curiosity?

Hey Jake I try to everyday but I sometimes miss a Day if too many things get in the way like a Storm LOL
I try for at least 90 minutes of not stopping at all I take water in the pool with me and keep moving even as I drink. I do do intervals at times and I do rounds of jumping jacks.

I always stretch before and after and use the noodles and jog with the water buoys to work my arms. Some days like yesterday with People going in and out of the pool and talking while jogging I ended up doing it for almost 3 hours without realizing it.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:23 PM   #14

I am just as terrible at keeping this journal up as I am in returning emails LOL

I have been doing good going to the Gym and I have been in Ketosis for the last 3 weeks. So far I have stopped myself from weighing even though it is so tempting but I am going to wait the month if it kills me and it may

My Mother joined My Gym today and claims she will go with me daily to work out I really hope so since this is costing us a lot of money for her to go.

I was an idiot today on food I could not sleep last night and finally got about 2 hours this Morning woke up for a couple of hours then went back to sleep after noon woke up to go to the Gym had no time to eat so I just grabbed a serving of Walnuts.

So of course after working out for a couple of hours I was weak came home fixed Dinner since it was 7pm by that time and now I am stuffed knowing it will be hard to force myself to eat anything else.

I had a 10 ounce steak cut into strips over 2 cups of Romaine with half of a Tomato and .25 cup of Mexi Cheese with 2 Tbs of Ranch really good.

I may try to eat an instone pudding later since it will up My protein for Today.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:11 AM   #15
Not Jake

Quote:
I am just as terrible at keeping this journal up as I am in returning emails LOL
I'm right there with you, so don't feel bad.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:29 PM   #16

Quote:
I'm right there with you, so don't feel bad.

I am glad it is not only me LOL

I have been doing good going to the Gym everyday and eating on plan. I do need to up my calories I am just not hungry with working out and being in Ketosis.

I did 2 hours of water Jogging today but like I said my calories were right at 1300 so a little low when I am working out hard. I am going to add more walnuts tomorrow to add some calories and EFA's
Old 08-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #17
Not Jake

Quote:
I am glad it is not only me LOL

I have been doing good going to the Gym everyday and eating on plan. I do need to up my calories I am just not hungry with working out and being in Ketosis.

I did 2 hours of water Jogging today but like I said my calories were right at 1300 so a little low when I am working out hard. I am going to add more walnuts tomorrow to add some calories and EFA's

Just the fact that you did 2 hours of excersize is amazing! KUTGW!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hawkwife
WOE: whatever works for me
Start Date: 1/23/08
Jann, you sound like such a beautiful person!! Good luck to you in this journey! I look forward to visiting your journal.

Jen
hawkwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Just the fact that you did 2 hours of excersize is amazing! KUTGW!
I always get in a zone when I exercise I can water jog for hours it is when I go to get out and gravity hits that I feel it LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwife View Post
Jann, you sound like such a beautiful person!! Good luck to you in this journey! I look forward to visiting your journal.

Jen
Thanks Jen that is so sweet
Old 08-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #20

Well I got my workout yesterday in spite of all the rain I dropped everyone off at the places they needed to go My Mother at Social Security and My Aunt at Worknet and told them to call me when they were ready, I got lucky I got a little over 2 hours in before the first call and I was turning in to pick up my Mother at the SSA when she called.

I have been trying to really work on my leg strength since I have a 1250 round trip coming up next week I know I will swell there is no way around that but I want to get them in as good of shape as I can.

I have a free Ticket to Universal I have to use by the 31rst and I got another Ticket from Coke rewards so we plan a day in the middle of the month. I know I will not be able to walk like I did last year and will have to rent a Cart but hopefully it will be easier and I can kind of trade off with my mother walking some and then riding.

My calories were a little over 1600 so a little better yesterday it is funny and I am sure most people do not believe it but I got to my heaviest weight eating under 1000 calories which is really depressing LOL
Old 08-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #21
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
Jann...How did I ever miss your journal?
You have always been a huge inspiration to me, and still are...I'm really happy to see you back on track, and moving forward to many happy times!!
cdn_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #22
Not Jake

Quote:

I have been trying to really work on my leg strength since I have a 1250 round trip coming up next week I know I will swell there is no way around that but I want to get them in as good of shape as I can.

I have a free Ticket to Universal I have to use by the 31rst and I got another Ticket from Coke rewards so we plan a day in the middle of the month.
How did you get a free ticket from Coke rewards?
Old 08-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #23

Quote:
How did you get a free ticket from Coke rewards?
It was 1000 points ( we drink way too much) so with the free Ticket that Universal sent me and the coupon for any other Tickets up to 6 for $40 it will not cost very much at all.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #24
Not Jake

How many points do you get per 2 litre coke?
Old 08-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #25

I am not having a good day today I just feel crappy; not anything I can really pen down I just have had a Headache all day, Body aches etc it almost feels like the flu

I have not left My house all Day and I feel so guilty for not making the Gym I did try to ride the Recumbent Bike for a few minutes but I just cannot get into it. I guess it is not a bad thing taking a Day off when you are just not with it but the guilt complex is here big time LOL

It is funny I have been on LC for over 5 years and My Mother still does not really get it. We went out to a Buffet for Lunch yesterday I was sitting there eating My Roast Beef and My Mother sit down this Piece of Cream Pie in front of me saying it says Sugar Free! I had to tell her for about the 10.000th time that because it says SF does not mean it is LC and I will not eat anything I do not know what the ingredients are.

We were sitting right in front of the desert area I was talking to a Lady I know there and she said she could never sit in that area it is too tempting; but it really does not bother me I can watch People eat Sugar all day it is weird stuff like vegetable soup I crave LOL

I made a batch of Coconut Bark this Morning and ate 1 piece it is really good iI had to go to several stores yesterday to find Coconut Oil and finally found it at Publixs. The Stocker there said it has been a big asked for item all of a sudden so I told Him that some people have been losing weight while using it.

Since I am not weighing right now I guess I will not see if it helps on WL but I have been losing inches mostly in My Hips I guess all that water jogging is helping all that movement

I bought some of the Josephs Flax Pitas at Wal-mart the other night and I am going to try and see how a Calzone works with it. I figure I can stuff Ricotta and Pepperoni inside and bake it I will report back later I guess I should go fix it since it is almost 8pm.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #26

Quote:
How many points do you get per 2 litre coke?
I am not sure about 2 liters I know you get 10 per 12 pack and I think 3 for a 20 ounce bottle. If you are a mypoints member and you join Coke rewards they give you 200 points to start out with.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #27
Not Jake

Quote:
I am not sure about 2 liters I know you get 10 per 12 pack and I think 3 for a 20 ounce bottle. If you are a mypoints member and you join Coke rewards they give you 200 points to start out with.
Thanks for the info! I seriously drink 6-10 2 liters of Diet Pepsi a day unless I'm broke (I know, not healthy, but a man's gotta have his vices, right? ) and hearing that you got a free plane ticket made me go ! Official - you just converted me to Diet Coke! LOL!

Sorry your day has been ucko . It'll get better! If you're anything like me, it cycles. I know what you mean about your mom - my best friend tells me all the time I need to quit drinking Diet Pepsi because it's full of sugar. The worst thing is, when I try to tell her (again) that it's zero cal and has artificial sweetener, she just sort of looks up with this longsuffering grin on her face. Drives me BATTY.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heathershubby
Stats: 488 lbs/430 lbs/200lbs
WOE: educating myself on Low Carb
Amazing your doing great. DOn't feel guilty if you don't feel good it may be your body telling you that you need a rest. Hours of water jogging can catch up to you just like anything else. Expecially on L.C. diets long sessions of cardio are taxing on the body all around.

OK now tell what coconut bark is and a recipe please. I have no idea but it sounds so good lol

YOU are doing great and I will be following your journal for sure.

KUTGW
heathershubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I seriously drink 6-10 2 liters of Diet Pepsi a day unless I'm broke (I know, not healthy, but a man's gotta have his vices, right? ) and hearing that you got a free plane ticket made me go ! Official - you just converted me to Diet Coke! LOL!

Jake it was just a ticket to Universal Studios not a plane ticket I live about 100 miles west from Orlando Largo is between Clearwater and St Pete. I do not drink Coffee so Diet Soda is my caffeine I prefer Pepsi but I buy what is on sale LOL
Old 08-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathershubby View Post
Amazing your doing great. DOn't feel guilty if you don't feel good it may be your body telling you that you need a rest. Hours of water jogging can catch up to you just like anything else. Expecially on L.C. diets long sessions of cardio are taxing on the body all around.

OK now tell what coconut bark is and a recipe please. I have no idea but it sounds so good lol

YOU are doing great and I will be following your journal for sure.

KUTGW
here is the recipe from the recipe room
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...conut-oil.html
Chocolate Bark

4 T. (1/4 cup) Virgin Coconut Oil
1-1.5 T. Cocoa Powder
1/4 t. lowcarb sweetner, such as stevia or xylitol
2 oz nuts (optional)

Melt the coconut oil to a liquid, add in cocoa powder and sweetener. Stir to combine and blend well.

Blend nuts into chocolate mixture (Optional)

Have chlled a metal bakeware lasagna or cake pan or pans in freezer for 10 minutes or so. Remove from freezer and line with waxed paper. Then pour mixture into chilled pan and spread to desired thickness.

Pop in refrigerator or freezer on level shelf and let sit 10 minutes or so. It will harden quickly and breaks with a snap.

you can whatever sweetener you want I used a little Davinci's and splenda powder. I broke mine into pieces and put it ina ziploc bag and have ate a few pieces today but it is so filling I have most of it left.

Thanks I know My Body was telling me I needed a day off but I just got back serious into losing again and I get single minded LOL