Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: quiggley
Stats: 570+/218/ now 455.3/403.2/165
WOE: HHCG R1P2
Start Date: 1/20/02 restart 9/19/09
Hey Maybe I should call this my Monthly update since that is about the time I put to it LOL

I have had a frustrating couple of weeks with Leg issues and weight going up and down of course My eating Soup has not helped not only is it more Carbs then I need the extra sodium does not help.

December is going to be so hard with having to get up early every Morning and driving down to St Pete for PT I am so not a morning person and I feel so guilty because I have to use the little bit of money my Mother has in savings to pay for the treatments. I think it is crazy that Insurance will not pay for treatments so needed. $1000 for 20 treatments is nuts and that does not include My having to buy bandaging, I am on Disability and My Mother is retired with just SS and a small pension I do not know how they think People can afford this stuff.

I was talking to the OT about Insurance and asked her if she knew one that paid more she said told me of one but it is a company that you only get from a workers policy since My Legs keep me from working right now not one I can get LOL

I am just so afraid that we will pay this Money that is needed for Bills etc and I will get no real improvement then I will feel more guilty then I already do.

So Dec 3rd is the big day I start I am hopeful and dreading it at the same time. I fought so hard to get my life back and the last 18 months found myself losing not only mobility but Myself. I have spent a lot of time thinking about everything yes I was stressed yes we had a fire, lost almost everything, Lost the Dogs, My Mother broke her Hip etc but I let it all get to me I loss the drive the motivation and put all this weight back on.
I can blame circumstances and they did affect me still do but I still subconsciously make a choice everyday about what I will do and it is up to me to make the right one that means good health or as much as I can have with My condition.

"You can either make excuses or get results but you can't do both"
"People will stay the same until the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of changing"--Tom Venuto

HHCG R1P2 Starting weight after loading 455.3 R1P2 day 17 403.2
quiggley is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2007, 09:25 PM   #92
Not Jake

Gallery: Jake
WOE: Plain old Atkins
Start Date: 8/22/1973
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiggley View Post
but I still subconsciously make a choice everyday about what I will do and it is up to me to make the right one that means good health or as much as I can have with My condition.
Jann, you are just amazing to me. I don't post a whole lot here (I seem to be better at posting nonsense on the Playground than I am to actually opening up in other threads, lol) but I have to tell you that I read your posts, and you are such an inspiration to me. I know I'm not alone.

The whole insurance thing sucks. I can't blame you for being frustrated. You never seem to give up though - that's your strength. Kudos to you, and prayers for your mom.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:24 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Grammie C
Stats: 37 lbs lost goal lose 100 lbs more
WOE: ~CONSISTANCY~
Start Date: 4/07 RESTART 9/2011
Keep it going I like reading your journal

Besides I need to ask questions and I then have to dig this journal up from the achives

OK Jann I need info on your scooter I will PM you

Keep it going I & other here like reading your journal
Grammie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #94
Not Jake

Gallery: Jake
WOE: Plain old Atkins
Start Date: 8/22/1973
Poking in to say Merry Christmas!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #95

Hey Jake and Carol I hope you had a great Christmas.
I am on my last week of MLD treatment and I am still having major bandage issues. Today I had My Legs wrapped and then went to Lunch and Target by the time I got to Target the bandages were falling off My Legs I took a pic when I got home with My Cell.

See how it just stand up on its own? I am just not sure what to do I would like to think My Legs are going down that much but I know better.

I need to order the Compression Hose most likely Insurance will not pay I will submit it anyway to see if they will reimburse me it does not hurt to try.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #96

Well I have some maybe good news My OT called to tell me she put in the order for the Compression Hose and was talking to the Rep at Luna and they are submitting an order for a Reidsleeve. They think I have a good chance of Insurance paying for it because of all My infections.
Please everyone pray for this it would be so nice to not have to wrap My Legs and these things are about $2K a leg so not anything I can afford.

This is a Reidsleeve Lymphedema Pumps and more: Lymphacare since most people do not know what I am talking about with Lymphedema and all LOL

I hate having to do the wrapping and have been not going to the Gym because of the hassle of unwrapping then rewrapping so this would be fantastic for me.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #97

I am having horrible yeast issues I went up 12 pounds since yesterday even My waist is up about 7 inches I am so bloated
This is what I decided to try and see if I can get rid of the yeast. I have started adding a Tablespoon of Coconut oil to 4 Tablespoons of Greek Yogurt and adding half a scoop of Chocolate Whey Protein Powder. It actually has a decent taste and if it works I will be really happy.
Nothing is worst then being totally on plan in Ketosis and gaining massive amounts of weight overnight.

I will try this all week and if it is not helping by Friday I will call My Dr to have him call something in for me. That is the one advantage of having worked in His Office He knows I usually know what is going on with My Body.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:58 PM   #98

Wow it has been almost a year since I posted here. So many changes this year and not for the better I am heavier and went through major drama the whole year where it got so bad I started taking Zoloft.

I need to vent bad today I hate always being judged by other peoples standards and being told what a horrible person I am.

My Sister decided to tell me today what a failure I am because I have gained weight how I am lying about how much I eat because obviously I would be skinny if I really only ate what I said.

I admit I have only been eating about half the time on plan and every cheat just messes me up more even on days I cheat I rarely get over 1500 calories but apparently I am lying because I actually ate more then 3 ounces of Meat the last time we had Lunch never mind I only ate salad and meat that day and not the crap she did.

What else did she inform me I was wrong about today? Diet Soda has calories did you know that? and Bacon and Red Meat means I want to kill myself and my hating Chicken and Seafood means I still eat like a Kid and have not grown up not that I hate the taste LOL

This is the same Sister who has always said if she got over 150 pounds she would kill herself and now she is almost 170 and her Husband is giving her flack so she puts it all on me so yes I know what brought out the yelling for my own good of course but I am just tired of being judged by her or anyones elses standards.

I was also told that since I only stay in the shower 10 minutes I am oviously not clean and must have a body odor because how could I clean all that fat in that time?

I had a Leg infection when I was at her House at Thanksgiving and My Legs were so swollen I could barely walk so since My Mother got My plate of food oviously I am using My Mother and she is my servent who does everything for me

She is one of these People who believes everything she see's on TV that btw she never watches and makes sure I know how messed up I am because I do but when her cable was out last week because the bill had not been paid she had me looking up every number I could find LOL If one of those late night info commercials says something or she reads it in a tabloid it is gospel and it is useless showing her the truth.

I told her that I stopped going around her often because I am aware of how ashamed she is of me and that I do not fit the rich image she wants to portray with her Million dollar House that is meantioned at least once a day. I love her but to be honest if we were not family we would never be friends. She cannot keep Friends and cannot understand why I have told her because she is a control freak which even she admits too and tries to control everything that People start to avoid her which she just see's as their being jealous.

There was a lot more said some very hurtful things that maybe I will write about later but I just needed to get some of this off my chest and since I am sure the enemy I have on this board will be sending it to My Sisters Myspace I said all of this to her already so go for it LOL
Old 12-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: msmoon
Don't fret, you're much loved here and we understand when others might not.
msmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:36 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmoon View Post
Don't fret, you're much loved here and we understand when others might not.
Thanks Mavis My night got a little better My Nephew that I have not talked too in over 10 years called me and we had a long catch up talk.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aww, sounds like the phone call was just what you needed. That is so great to hear. I too am surprised in the niciest way sometimes....(and when I least expect it) which in turn can make up for some of the crude that I might be feeling at that moment. Big hug to you my friend.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #102

My Sister called me this morning like nothing had happen last night. She is on meds now for bi/polar and has these extremes I have told her that you can only excuse so much.

I was awake most of the night worried about Angel my oldest Chihuahua she would not eat or drink and was just shaking. I was all ready to take her to the Vet this morning but she got up a little while ago drank some water which she had refused to do last night and ate a little food I fed her. I will just watch her today and see if it was just a one night thing.

I am hoping to get to the Gym later I do not want to take a Class so I am waiting until after 2 so I can use the Pool. Right now I am going to try and take a 2 hour nap will be back later.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #103

I have been doing ok on plan the last couple of days. I am just taking it hour by hour until I get back in the groove fake it until I make it.

I follow Tom Venuto on Twitter and he has a great quote yesterday.

"you can either make excuses or get results but you can't do both"
Old 12-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #104

I did ok today stayed on plan but did not get enough exercise. I am taking the Dogs to the Dog park and to get their Santa Pics redone and plan to fit the Gym in their somewhere.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Jann!I saw the pics of your doggies with Santa over in the P.G. Very cute....although Santa didn't look too amused in the last shot. How is Angel doing tonight? Better I hope. I hate it when one of my pets feels under the weather,... they seam so vulnerable. As well, I hope are feeling better and are making great strides with getting back on the right path for a healthier you! Baby steps and perseverance is the only way for me and I suspect for many so don't if you don't mind me saying...stay positive and should you faulter just make the necessary corrections and keep going. Of course you know this, but I always feel it reinforces it when I hear someone else say it....or in this case if I am saying it.
The quote you quoted is a good one for sure.
It's so cold here right now that I think I'll go crawl under the blankets and try to get warmed up.
Sending you many hugs and positive thoughts.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:47 AM   #106

Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Wishing you a wonderful New Year. I read what your sister said to you. I have one of those too. Mine told me when she found out I was having my dental makeover. OH Now I will be the ugly sister. No matter how many times someone says sorry for a statement like that it still hurts.

I love my sister too and can so relate.

Much Love,
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #107

Ok who else here besides me was a huge cheerleader for how LC changed their life and lost a lot of weight only to get complacent, let things in life get you down and end up playing at LC instead of working it?

I started Atkins in 2002 and it gave me back my Life but then a few years ago after some tragedy in my Life I got off track and even with multi- talking to myself rededicating myself to being on plan I keep failing.

The funny thing is I never set out to cheat it is not like I say ok Jann today is a Cheat Day. I will give you an example we went to a local Buffet last week we got there a little after 3 and they bring out the Dinner stuff at 4 I know this place rarely has anything I can eat before 4. I do not eat Chicken or Fish and the only thing they had was some Ziti so ok I said I will eat the meat and cheese out of it which I did trying my best to get no noodles. Then at 4 they brought out Roast Beef but after eating the Ziti toppings and a Bowl of Vegetable soup I could barely eat any of the Meat.
But then My Mother being oh so helpful while she is up brings me back Onion Rings I have told her again and again I cannot eat them but there they sat and before I knew it I had ate most of them; then in my head I am thinking ok I have messed up I am knocked out of Ketosis so I had a slice of Cheesecake and some Ice Cream got Home and felt like a failure.

I know what to do! I know how to eat! I just cannot seem to do it. What happen to that person who never cheated and the foods I know are bad for me never bothered me? What happen to the Woman who went to the Gym everyday and worked out for hours who can now barely make herself go once a week?

I am lucky I guess that I do not like Bread and when I buy things like Flax Bread I forget it is in the Fridge. My biggest problem is boredom and eating out.

I told my Mother yesterday that I am taking the time between now and My Birthday to eat very clean at home and no eating out at all. I am just going to stick to Meat, Salads, Eggs and Cheese. The biggest problem I will have is I did this last month went the whole month without cheating and after first losing 32 pounds very fast I started gaining--so of course I got into a I do not care mode.

I know I am rambling and I am going to copy this to the Journal I have not posted in who knows how long LOL but I just needed to get this all out and if there are other LC Backsliders out there you are not alone.

I have to do this because with my Lymphedema the more weight I have on my body the harder it is to move. I am so scared of falling because I cannot get up I fell while out last year they called the fire department before I could stop them you would think that would have been a breaking point sadly it was not.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #108

My goal is to be accountable I was talking to a Friend from here earlier that I have thought about joining TOPS just to have to weigh in every week because I am competitive I know I will stick to it if someone has to see my weight LOL

Things to work on today Sleep this is a biggie I cannot sleep at all lately I have gotten to where I am up all night go to sleep finally around 9am or so and I am up before 1 and that is not even sleeping the whole 4 hours. So of course I am too tired to go to the Gym I have no energy and end up just hanging in my Room or doing the usual errands.

Today I have to go to the Eye Dr and most likely go look for Glasses. Scot is upset with me because he took the Day off work and wants me to go to the Rays Game with him. I do not like Sports and I am sure he is tired of all my excuses for not going places. I guess I am just waiting until he gets tired of all my crap and finds someone else to date and to be honest I will not blame Him I have way too many issues right now to be in a relationship LOL
Old 09-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #109

Today well yesterday was a long day I went to the Eye Dr and it took almost 4 hours. I guess they really check everything I do need reading Glasses now but basically my eyes are the same one very bad Eye that I do not use because there is no focus/constant blur and my right Eye almost perfect except a little far sighted now.

Thankfully my Insurance will pay for basic readers and I got the script and plan to order a pair of Sunglasses online since I am having issues with light.

I did ok today I had Bacon and Eggs for Breakfast which with my sleeping habits I had at 1pm then I had Meatloaf at about 9pm. No Veggies except the few Onions and Peppers that are in the Meatloaf but I am trying to do more Meat this week.

I plan on going to the Gym tomorrow afternoon after running a few errands.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #110

I just had my Dinner and fixed the onion Blue Cheese Sauce from Pioneer Woman you Guys have to try it. I do not even like Blue cheese and it was so good.

I know I did not eat enough today.
Breakfast:
6 slices Bacon
2 Eggs
1 ounce of Cheddar in Eggs
2 Tomato Slices
I did not eat Breakfast until after 4pm when I returned from Walmart where I did not buy the Blueberry Donuts

Dinner: I just had it.
10 oz Steak
Half of the Onion Blue Cheese sauce recipe

I put some SF Jello in the Fridge and may have some before Bed.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:29 PM   #111

I need to get some stuff on paper I am thinking about I just really need to vent etc

I am at a weird place right now to be honest I am scared. I have to do this again and it is hard to admit. Why can I not stay motivated? Why did it work 8 years ago that I am missing now? It should be easier I know it works I did it before.

I really need support but hate to even ask since I have failed so much and add to that I have been a horrible friend to everyone here. I am bad about reading and offering support in threads and I have not wanted to post my issues because I am tired of always being that Woman with problems. It is not that I do not care I do but since I have been barely here by the time I read it everything has been said and I get ignored anyway LOL
Old 04-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: beth30
Stats: What are they???
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2005
JUST GO FOR IT!! You need us and we need you!! LOL Welcome back!
beth30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awww Jann, I am so sorry to read your last post. It is a struggle that no one should have to be undertaking. But....
Please don't give in or up. I see that well over 4000 people have read your blog and others have added their voice so you see you are heard (or I should say read) here and this is perhaps where your support now lies on this board. So much here as changed since the heady days way back when we all use to be in a challenge or in the century club giving and getting advice and support making friends and finding strength. This is (now perhaps) where you belong in order to reflect, share, give and get support and make a positive difference in your life. Your new home, your safe and supportive place. I'll visit you here often and hope to share where I can. Hugs to you my friend.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: beachguy
Stats: 320/210/220
WOE: Starting Leptin Rx Nov 2011
Start Date: July 4, 2002
Jann. You have already done something very few people are able to do. You are a winner. Work on getting your positive attitude back and the weight will follow.
beachguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Jann, I remember you from 2002-2006 when i used to come on this website. I don't get onmuch anymore but do want to let you that I remember you and am praying for to find the spark that will help you find what you are looking for. Take care.
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote