Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
My HeArTs DeSiRe~ By MoNeT'

[COLOR="Purple"]It is my Hearts Desire to be healthy and loose this weight. For those of you who don't know me, my first name is Lisa, but I go by Monet' on here.. Monet' is my middle name.. like the Artist painting.. pronounced Mo Na,,,long A sound..lol.. a lot mispronounce it, so I thought I would help....

ok, moving on.. I started low carb last year.. in February.. did wonderful.. lost 80 pound rather quickly.. then I can to a stall.. and what a stall it was.. for weeks.. then months I didn't loose any thing.. I didn't gain either.. but I wasn't losing.. so I thought I would have a 2 week brake during the Christmas Holidays.. well.. that two weeks is still going.. so if I do anything, I hope others learn from me.. DON'T STOP.. DON'T GIVE UP.. DON'T TAKE A BRAKE... I haven't left LCF.. I have stayed here and tried to get back on track.. tried to get my MOJO back.. while in here, I have read many others journals.. and I have studied up on how others do.. some, like me, have been on and off.. while others have kept on keepin on and have done wonderful !!.. to those..... to thous of you like me.. I will keep you in my prayers because we all need Gods help...

[/COLOR]

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]I have to be honest here.. I have gained a lot of what I lost back.. 30 pounds the last I looked.. I can feel it.. REALLY feel it people.. and here is the scary part.. last week.. I felt heart palpitations (sp?).. and have off and off this past week.. so you see.. this is why its is MY HEARTS DESIRE.. so loose this extra weight.. I have made my heart work even harder then it was.. and this IS NOT good.... it scares me.. I am to young to have heart problems.. I can afford to have heart problems.. my kids don't deserve this.. my husband doesn't deserve this.. and NEITHER DO I.... I started out wanting to lose weight before I turned 40..I wanted to be at 150 by May 25 2008... I know that wont happen.. but I can give it my very best..[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Those that know me.. have listened to me belly ache.. have read stories of my family.. I want to thank those of you that have stuck beside me through THICK or thin..that came in there knowing I was down and out.. and still left a "how are you today".. or "have a great day..".. its those people whom I adore.. ..like Candy says.. there are people on the Internet who you CAN trust.. who you CAN have a great friendship with.. and who WILL be there for you no matter what.. .. Love ya Candy Girl !!.. ( hope your having a fabulous time at the beach!!)...

Well I guess this is long enough.. all I ask for from my friends on here is their support.. help.. and prayers..because I need it more then you know..

thanks for listening.. and I hope to see you often... oh and any suggestions are SO welcome.. .. love and hugs.. from my to yours !!
[/COLOR]

★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: charmin315
Stats: 379/366/220
WOE: K/E or Atkins or maybe just low carb
Start Date: 7/01/07
Monet,
I truly sympathize with you. You can get back on track and do it. Dieting is very hard and can be easier with a lot of support. The most weight that I have ever lost was 27 lbs and that was on weight watchers. Weight watchers is very good and it works. It is just easy for me to get out of hand with it. I am trying Atkins this go round to see what I can do. This is hard for me because I don't eat veggies. How long did it take you to lose your 80 lbs the 1st time and what did you do?
Old 07-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Dearest Monet,

I LOVE your new journal !! Just what you need, a fresh page and perspective. I will be here for you with support, caring, prayers and love.

Hugs
Old 07-08-2007, 06:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmin315 View Post
Monet,
I truly sympathize with you. You can get back on track and do it. Dieting is very hard and can be easier with a lot of support. The most weight that I have ever lost was 27 lbs and that was on weight watchers. Weight watchers is very good and it works. It is just easy for me to get out of hand with it. I am trying Atkins this go round to see what I can do. This is hard for me because I don't eat veggies. How long did it take you to lose your 80 lbs the 1st time and what did you do?
Stephanie.. .. thanks for stoppin by.. ..

I love most of my weight the first 6 to 7 months.. then just a little here and there.. then the stall happened.. ..

but after reading on here.. that's normal.. they say your body plays tricks with you .. for instance.. it will hold on to those fat cells harder.. and it tries to get you to cheat so to speak.. to fill those fat cells back up.. and I have watched a few of these ladies.. and they stalled as well.. but they hung in there and low and behold.. their weight started dropping off again.... so.. I know I know what to expect.. I love this place.... the people on here are awesome.. ..

I wish you the very best hun.. do you have a journal? I would love to read it....

have a good night..

oh you asked what I did.. basically I stuck to induction.. I stayed 30 carbs or under a day.. I didn't buy anything real expensive.. I kept it simple.. when I got the hang of it.. I tried the recipes everyone so gladly shared.. and THAT sure helped so I didn't get bored.. .. I have many if you would like some.. ..
Old 07-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livywilltim-mom View Post
Dearest Monet,

I LOVE your new journal !! Just what you need, a fresh page and perspective. I will be here for you with support, caring, prayers and love.

Hugs
Thanks Jamie.. glad you popped in.. .. your such a doll.... love yaaaa
Old 07-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
Marking my spot.. I shall return...
Old 07-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marybeth67
Stats: 235-238-150
WOE: low-carb
Start Date: re-start again........
Monet I have lurked in your journel for soooo long and prayed for you! You are such an inspiration to everyone and I KNOW you can get your mojo back and lose this weight. You are such a positve, great, person. I also messed up around Christmas and just got back on track last week, (fingers crossed) tomorrow will be day 8 back on low-carb. When you truly realize it's a way of life, and the choices of food we have to eat are great, and satisfying and you don't have to starve, it's a great plan for life, we just get hard headed sometimes and want the stuff that isn't good for us So anyway, I'd like to introduce myself my name is Mary Beth and I'm another low carber who has messed up in the past but hopefully we can all reach our goals together with the support from this site! Tomorrrow is another day, make it the best day ever!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_gal View Post
Marking my spot.. I shall return...
There is ALWAYS a spot for you Lei.. ALWAYS!!.. see you when I see you.. Be where you need to be right now..
Old 07-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth67 View Post
Monet I have lurked in your journel for soooo long and prayed for you! You are such an inspiration to everyone and I KNOW you can get your mojo back and lose this weight. You are such a positve, great, person. I also messed up around Christmas and just got back on track last week, (fingers crossed) tomorrow will be day 8 back on low-carb. When you truly realize it's a way of life, and the choices of food we have to eat are great, and satisfying and you don't have to starve, it's a great plan for life, we just get hard headed sometimes and want the stuff that isn't good for us So anyway, I'd like to introduce myself my name is Mary Beth and I'm another low carber who has messed up in the past but hopefully we can all reach our goals together with the support from this site! Tomorrrow is another day, make it the best day ever!
Mary Beth.. so good to meet you hun.. its nice to know you've been lurking hun.. so I guess in a way.. you already know me..lol.. and my friends and family....I would love to get to know you now.. so please stop by any time.. do you have a journal?.. let me know.. thanks..
Old 07-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Monet,
LOVE that amazing new avatar...such gorgeous chickens you have!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livywilltim-mom View Post
Monet,
LOVE that amazing new avatar...such gorgeous chickens you have!
my oldest boy came in here and said.. Chickens.. why'd she call us chickens.... hehehe..

thanks Jaimie..
Old 07-08-2007, 07:19 PM   #12

I am gonna get off here for the night.. sleep well all.. in God's Grace..
Old 07-09-2007, 02:25 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AuntieMame
WOE: Atkins
Hey!!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:59 AM   #14

hiya Dixie..

well day 1 has started out pretty good.. woke up.. with the want to get back on track.. I didn't want the pop tart I have been having.. I made myself.. 2 fried eggs and a left over pork loin.. .. the eggs had a slice of cheese over them.. yum..

I have been drinking water as well.... bbl
Old 07-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #15

Just ran over to the house to find something for lunch.. bad of me.. I didn't plan ahead.. but I will this week.. the lettuce I bought for salads.. has went bad.. .. so today is 3 hot dogs.. and 2 sf bread and butter spear pickles....lol.. it fills the belly..

be back later for dinner update.. .. hope your all having a great day!
Old 07-09-2007, 12:53 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marybeth67
Stats: 235-238-150
WOE: low-carb
Start Date: re-start again........
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
Mary Beth.. so good to meet you hun.. its nice to know you've been lurking hun.. so I guess in a way.. you already know me..lol.. and my friends and family....I would love to get to know you now.. so please stop by any time.. do you have a journal?.. let me know.. thanks..
Hi! I don't have a journal yet but I do intend to get one soon, and I would love for you to stop by. I hope you're having a great day! Love the new avi, your kids are precious
Old 07-09-2007, 02:10 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: charmin315
Stats: 379/366/220
WOE: K/E or Atkins or maybe just low carb
Start Date: 7/01/07
Hello Monet,
I was just stopping in to see how you were coming along. I don't have a journal and I don't even think that I could manage one at this time with a demanding job, boyfriend, and 2 year old. I just thought about the smallest I ever got was 323 lbs right after I had my son in 2005. I was 391 lbs at the time of delivery. I had a lot of fluid. When I went for my 2 week check up I was 323 lbs. I couldn't believe it. I made the person taking my weight bring me to another scale because I couldn't believe it. I was forgetting to eat because I was so busy with a newborn. Anyway, I was in a very bad marriage and of course I started to use food as comfort and gained all of my weight then some. I am now down to 368.2 and hope that I can continue to go down, down, down.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: ScarletBlonde
Stats: 171.4/135/137
WOE: WW/SB
I found ya babe. I know you can do this. Just take it day by day. It won't be easy, but that's why you have us to help you through it all.

I love your avi with all the sweethearts.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: ScarletBlonde
Stats: 171.4/135/137
WOE: WW/SB
slight threadjack - to Mary Beth and Stephanie I think the hardest thing is to 'start' but once you do, the rest is a bit easier.

/end threadjack
Old 07-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #20

Hello ladies.. ..

yes, it is hard to get started.. let me tell you.. I did good all day... when I came home.. I just wanted everything.. I made Spaghetti for everyone.. and wanted it so bad.. so I got a can of asparagus out and heated it up in the micro wave.. and added the spaghetti sauce on top of it.. sounds kind yuck.. but it really wasn't all that bad.. I did add shredded cheese on top.. like they were using on theirs..lol..

so later I wanted a snack.. I told myself.. no.. your not hungry.. and I wasn't..but I have never HAD to be hungry to eat.. if it taste good.. it's mine.. .. so I repeated over and over in my head.. "your not hungry"..

did this work.. NO.. so I went to find a better choice then the smores I wanted.. so I cut up some strawberries and added splenda in them.. then mixed them with whipping cream....

I know strawberries aren't in induction..but they are way better then the smores.. right.... I so need to get control of my snacking wants..

on an up note.. I have drank water all day.. no sodas.. not even diet.. so.. I feel I did pretty good today.. .. step by step.. little by little.. I will get it under control !

I hope everyone had a great day today..

we WILL do this!!.... thanks my friends..
Old 07-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dantesmom
WOE: atkins
Start Date: July 2006
Oh Monet Im so proud of you! You did great today! I think anew journal is a great idea, liek a brand new start for you and your health. You are such a good person and have given me loooooads of support, it just makes me so happy to hear you taking care of you.

Bunches of Big Hugs to you my friend!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:08 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Mel78
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
.. step by step.. little by little.. I will get it under control
Monet, you are doing really good getting back on track I'm so happy that you made it through yesterday and I hope that each day brings you even more strength and determination and helps you to your goals!!!

...btw, your kiddos are absolutely beautiful .
Old 07-10-2007, 07:23 AM   #23
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
hi momma. you know, the first day is always the hardest!! glad to see you made good choices. induction or not, don't beat yourself up too much... just tell yourself it could be MUCH worse!!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:24 AM   #24

Thanks Mel.. Sally

this am was a repeat from yesterday.. minus the pork loin.... 2 fried eggs with a slice of cheese.. water is filled up and thats what I will drink all day.. lunch.. I don't know yet.. might mix up a couple cans of tuna.. with just mayo and sf relish.. I so wish I had some lettuce.. lol.. but tomorrow is my shoppin day... so I have to play it by ear until then.. ..

everyone have a great day... and smile.. your all beautiful..
Old 07-10-2007, 07:25 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
hi momma. you know, the first day is always the hardest!! glad to see you made good choices. induction or not, don't beat yourself up too much... just tell yourself it could be MUCH worse!!
hello sweet pea,, good to see ya.. we must have been posting at the same time hehe.. how are YOU?.. TIM?.. Getta?.. all great I am hoping..

love yaaaa
Old 07-10-2007, 07:27 AM   #26
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
yup. we're all good.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
yup. we're all good.
WONDERFUL !!,,,
Old 07-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #28

Happy Birthday to my Mom.. :)

Hello..

day 2..B.. 2 fried eggs with a slice of American cheese over them..1 slice
L.. 2 cans of tuna with mayo and sf relish
D.. 2 chicken patties ( bread-less) with LC BBQ sauce on them and chick peas..( thanks Lisa yummy)

I have drank water all day.. then I am having a diet coke with my dinner..

everyone else had pancakes..Alina again thought it weird to have pancakes for dinner.... I said.. it fills the hole doesn't it.... like I said.. I am low on the groceries.. so ya gotta do whatcha gotta do..

I did have some more strawberries and whipping cream.. .. but again.. better then something chocolate or sweet

Today is my mothers birthday.. all the ladies in the family will be having lunch tomorrow to celebrate.... I'll be good... this is a small town kitchen kinda place we are going to.. surly they will have a Chef salad..lol.. and I have wanted salad all week..all 2 days of it..

hope you've all had a great day.. Love and
Old 07-10-2007, 05:59 PM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Monet,
Your menus are such a success...YEAH! Great start!
Happy Birthday to your Mom, she must be a total sweetie if she is your Momma!!

Hugs
Old 07-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/189/145 5'3 3/4"
Hi, Monet.

You're doing great! The important thing is that we never give up

Good luck at your lunch and happy birthday to your mom
Closed Thread