Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: baindegael
Stats: Highest 323-5'9" 230/182/150 BMI 27.08 Goal BMI 22
WOE: LC/LF, ditching processed crap
Start Date: 10/29/2003
At the doc, there's no weightloss... on my Wii Fit, there's a weight loss... I'm going with the Wii Fit because it's been right on this whole time. I am claiming the 25 lbs loss and I am a mere 5 lbs to onederland again! And THE LAST TIME.

Becuase it was 2 weels with no loss, I had to talk to the doc. She told me to up my Omega 3, 2 in the AM , 4 in the PM. I need to add 2 more ounces of protein because of the running. No caffeine after 2 PM, period. If I want a coffee in the afternoon, it has to be decaf. She said to keep up hte running and that the weightloss could be because I'm building muscle and if I'm running as much as I say, that is happening.. .and weight training. I'm going to plug ahead because to be honest, I feel awesome. I am wearing shirts that I haven't been able to wear in years. And pants, and shorts, jeans. It's so awesome.

Just got home, I took my training to the street. We ran (well, Aiden biked) from the complex to the CVS down the road. I ran the whole way down!!!! And then, I ran about 1/2 of the way back, I did a walk run thing... It was 4 miles and we did it in less than an hour, so I think I won't be the last one for the 5K.

I'm sweating bullets though right now. And my nose is running... that's because I'm so full of awesome, it's overflowing. LOL Oh, how I love thee, Barney Stinson!

Crap, I still haven't had dinner and I have to cook it! WHY?!?! we went to Pride this morning and were in teh parade and I needed a nap when I got home. Then shopping. I feel like this day flew and I haven't done anything.

I'm off to make chicken burgers and then shower... May is already passed out, we were going to have a date night.

Lynn
baindegael is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #152

Up three on the Wii. That's normal after a weekend.

I've been sooo bloated, I took medicine and it kicked in... whilst on the treadmill, so! I only got 20 minutes of running in this morning. When I got home, I got an additional 21 minutes of jogging... and 12 straight at a 4.3! I was seeing how quickly I could run a mile... I'm slow. It took me 13 minutes. I need to work on speed, I need to plug on at the 4.3 for as long as I can and then up it to 4.5.

Tomorrow is LB weights and off to Aiden's doc. I'm nervous.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Slow? You're doing great! I am about the same speed as you and I feel like speedy gonzalez! Keep up the good work!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #154

Thanks, Penny! I feel pokey. Someone suggested that I join a running club and I looked it up. The one in my area said that it was for beginners and that they run a mile every day... and their miles last from 7 to 11 minutes! EEEK! It takes me 13 to run a mile!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Hang in there Lynn! You're doing it and you'll only get better, faster!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylovesdarren View Post
Hang in there Lynn! You're doing it and you'll only get better, faster!
I will... it will take time. 7 weeks ago, I didn't exercise at all!

I have the day off and was looking forward to a long, harder run for right about this time of day, so I am off to run at the apartment complex's fitness center because the plumber is here today (we are having a washer / dryer connection installed as a part of our lease agreement) and they've been here forever; my treadmill, positioned perfectly in front of the TV, is in the way of where they are working.

My tummy has been icky for days now... I have no idea why. It just has a pain and I don't know if it's constipation or what. I took laxatives the other day and that did the job that I needed... too well. Then, I was cramping from that. oy vey. Today, I drank psyllium husks, we shall see if that will work.

Wonder if that neckline slimmy thingy works... the one part of my bod that I can't stand is the double chin... and even at my lowest weight it plagued me. Off to look up reviews for it.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Post your findings Lynn! I've seen it too and have wondered.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #158

The Wii fit was the victor! By the exact amount.. so that's what I'm going to gauge by and hte nurse said, Whew. I was worried you weren't going to lose again! lol

I feel skinny today.

I have pics from our anniversary a couple of years ago and I thought that I looked so skinny (I did) and I now weigh less than I did then! by 16 pounds! I should get a recent photo, I suppose.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #159

Ran on the Progress Energy Trail, it's 3.2 miles, so a tiny bit more than a 5K. I made it jogging for ALMOST the whole thing... so close! There are pedestrian crossings along the way and I made it to the next to the last one. I said good morning to the other joggers... and they smiled at me like I was one of them! YAY!

When I got back, May took the pic that is in my avi and made me a spinach and turkey salad.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Good for you Lynn! You are one of them! You're a runner now kid! Keep it up!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylovesdarren View Post
Good for you Lynn! You are one of them! You're a runner now kid! Keep it up!
Thanks, Penny! I'm working on it... I am super slow, but that's ok. 8 weeks ago, I couldn't run 3 minutes.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #162

I ran for 34 straight minutes on the treadmill! Tha'ts the longest that I've ever run. I went into the gym pumped that I would get to 29 minutes and I made it 34! It was all at 4.3 for the beginning, then I ran at a 4.6 for several minutes and then a 5.0 for 3 minutes... and then, I started that all over again. When I first ran a 5.0, I couldn't do it for more than 30 seconds.

All in all, it was 2.7 miles. I think that I can do the 5K in 40 minutes. I'm very excited about it coming up and I'm more excited about the training that I'm doing. I feel so much stronger and I feel loads more confident. I want to do another 5K and am thinking about the Disney one for the Food and Wine fest, but the entrance on that one is $99... We'll see.

May has been going to the gym with me! And she's going to run the 5K with me as well. I was so proud of her today at the gym... she put off going and put off going and then we got there and she was on... and I looked over and she was jogging! Then walking, then jogging, the same way that I started. After is when she said that she was going to do the 5K with me.

I think that I am going to keep this up and then I am going to have a free meal the night of the race. Not a free day, not a free for all, but a free meal. That's the plan anyway. And then right back on it and right back into training. If we don't do the Disney run in October, then we are going to do a run in November. There's a run in St. Augustine in November and a few others... the good part of living in Florida.

I want to eventually get to a 10K so I have to work on endurance and getting up to 60 minutes jogging. I'm over 1/2 way there. I got a subscription to Runners World and a camelbak that I just won on eBay.

Last edited by baindegael; 07-05-2010 at 04:57 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #163

We just bought a washer and dyer, this is a big deal for us. We've been hauling our stuff to the laundromat for a long time and when our lease ended we asked if we could move to another building. They told us they would raise the rent by $25 if we stayed and they installed hookups; who would say no to that?!

We did about 9 loads yesterday. And now... I am completely broken out in hives. Eveywhere. Head to toe. I itch. So badly! I think that it's the fabric softener because we didn't use it when we went to the laundromat (who wants to buy 6 downy balls?!). So, I am taking prilosec and claritin... when you're like me... and you're always breaking out in hives, you learn these things. There's something in the prilosec that stops the break out but I can't remember the name at the moment.

Did I mention that I itch?!

Last edited by baindegael; 07-05-2010 at 08:05 PM..
Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #164

My hives. They itch! lol I'm still taking claritin and prilosec and I'm not sure if it's getting better. I am rewashing everything to get the fabric softener out... I even have a big line on my forehead! I look ridiculous.

I went to the gym this morning, we were doing UB weights and we started with 10 mins of cardio to get our heart rates up. They checked me in with the key chain thingy and I saw the pic of myself. Yuck. Not good. I was pretty fat looking. Oh well... that's why I'm working on it.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:29 AM   #165

MY HIVES!!!! I ITCH SO BAD!!!!! lol

They loook like fresh stretch marks on my butt (my butt is the worst). I am just taking my meds that I know I need to take (claritin and prilosec) and I bought a bottle of Sarna, which doesn't have steroids. I was worried that I would have a weight gain because May used 2 bottles of cortaid the other day on me.

I am down to 204... It's is coming off sooooo slowly. I'm not sure if it's because my body is toying with my emotions because I'm that close to getting under 200? I wouldn't put it past her!

I have my weigh in at the doc and I'm debating having a cup of coffee prior.. I know, I know. I think I'll be ok. On the Wii last week before the doc I was 207. Today, 204. Very exciting stuff here! Wonder what I'll be tomorrow? Saturday is my lowest day.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #166

Per uj, I was worried that I wouldn't have a loss at the doc. I was down 3 lbs! YAY! And I think that the receptionist has a crush on me.. .every week she tells me that I am doing great and I look good and that she loves my shirt or rings or whatever. ah, if I was younger and single. It's a good ego boost in the AM though.

I got an email from my long lost brother which I lvoe to get. LOVE IT. He has plenty to say, I usually do as well. I like his honestly and I lie to see that we have so much in common even though we didn't even meet until now. It's crazy. Some things have to be genetic.

Tomorrow is trail day. I need to make it past that last crosswalk. I Can do it. I WILL do it. Aiden and May will be going with me.... I have a feeling that Aiden will be kicking my arse. lol
Old 07-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #167

When will I learn? SF candy is the debil! What was I thinking?! I say how much I'm going off processed foods and then I grab SF candy. And my belly. It hurts! Didnt hurt while I ran though, so hey!

I got my running camelbak in the mail today. I it. It made such a difference. I got one for May and Aiden as well.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #168

This morning, I got up and hopped on the Wii Fit to weigh. And it came out with a BMI of 30.01 (once it goes to 29.9, I will no longer have to hear "that's obese" bum bum da bum ba bum") and a new weight of 202! I haven't been 202 in a looooong time. I can actually remember when I used to weigh 180 consistently and I had fallen off the wagon and 202 was so depressing to me. At this moment, I'll take it. For me, that's 28 lbs down since May 9th.

ALSO... There has been a pair of cute jeans in my closet for about 3 years... they were marked wrong as an 18, they're really a 16 and that's why they were on sale. They FIT! FIT FIT FIT! A little snugger than I would typically wear, but they zip and they're not completely uncomfortable.

A lot of people would tell me (and do tell me) that going to a weight loss dr is a waste of money and that I'll gain it all back, but I really think this is what I needed. I'm eating more than the reccommended list (I forget to take the pills that rev the metabolism, so I eat instead). It got me past that damn 213 though that I couldn't get past for 4 years. And, I like what I'm eating. It's clean. Completely. Well, except foe the hives, but they're almost gone.

I have noticed some knee pain in my right knee the last week. I'm going to cruise by the pharmacy and pick up a knee stabilizer so I can keep working out. The last time that I worked out, I quit because I got knee pain. This time, I need to keep it up and maybe change what I'm doing. It doesn't hurt with the running. It hurts after elliptical or if I do squats.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:47 AM   #169

I have had a rough few days.

Those evil, coniving hives began it all. You see, they plotted with that damn snuggle bear. They all knew that I don't get sick. I hate getting sick, so I just don't. The snuggle bear appealed to my citrus senses by being on the shelf and having an orange scent. I washed everything in it. That's when the hives crept in and took over. They really attacked too, they were in places I can't even talk about in mixed company.

While the hives were creating their diversion, in marched the cold germs. Since Friday, I've been sluggish. I napped 3 hours on Saturday which is undheard of, my son was in shock and God bless him, he let me sleep. Then Sunday I had this cough that felt like I had smoked too much at the bar except that I'm not smoking anymore. Monday... I went to run and couldn't. I was on the treadmill. My legs were not working with my brain and I stopped after 11 minutes. I went to work and just sat at my desk instead of running around like I normally do (I'm a manager, it's my job to run around... didn't want any one to think I have ADD or am a slacker).

yesterday, nothing. Couldn't move at all. My chest hurt, I had a fever. And now, that meant that I was two days with not working out. ugh.

I'm much better today and got in my run. I out smarted the bear, the hives and the germs! Totally drowned them out yesterday with tylenol, water and tea. That'll show 'em!

I can tell though that I had been sick. Those last few minutes were a struggle, in my chest mostly and I was going to push for more but had to walk. I still got in 31 minutes of running though.

Yesterday. Couldn't get out of bed.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #170

Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 17, 2014
I have to say, you've been journaling a long time! How cool. Now, to go read more.
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristina View Post
I have to say, you've been journaling a long time! How cool. Now, to go read more.
lol

I took a couple of years off because I was on a forever plateau. And I'm extremely boring, actually.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:50 AM   #172

Doing a pre-work pedi at the moment and going in for my weigh in. I am at 202 according to the Wii Fit... dammit! Crossing over to the 100s is going to creeeeeeeeeep, isn't it? We will have to see what tomorrow brings because Sat is typically my slowest day.

This is far TMI, but! I had started taking Magnesium. I have IBS that causes horrible constipation followed by diarrhea and I had read about magnesium. What a difference! I don't get to Friday all bloaty and miserable. It's awesome. I'm sure that the almost 2 gallons of water a day are helping as well.

Off to shower! Hopefully I don't mess up my tootsies.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #173

I am up 6 lbs after the weekend... whoa. That's not good I tell ya! Water weight mostly. I had two buffet lunches and while I totally controlled carbs and portions, there was probably things in it like salt and hidden carbs. ugh.

AND today I went to the doc because my throat hurt SOOOOO bad and I have strep. I'm on amoxicillan. I'm probably not going into to work tomorrow, I am just going to sleep.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #174

Gallery: wifey
Stats: goal is size 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by baindegael View Post
I am up 6 lbs after the weekend... whoa. That's not good I tell ya! Water weight mostly. I had two buffet lunches and while I totally controlled carbs and portions, there was probably things in it like salt and hidden carbs. ugh.

AND today I went to the doc because my throat hurt SOOOOO bad and I have strep. I'm on amoxicillan. I'm probably not going into to work tomorrow, I am just going to sleep.
Lots of hugs. You have done soo well and you're such an inspiration! KUTGW
wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey View Post
Lots of hugs. You have done soo well and you're such an inspiration! KUTGW
Thank you, Wifey!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #176

At home, I was one lb down. At the doc's office, I was up three. I am going with my scale because when they said I wasn't losing, my scale said I was and then their scale caught up two weeks later. So there!

As of this morning, I was exactly 200.0... crap! Oooooh, body of mine, always playing reindeer games with me and my emotions! really?! You couldn't have given me 199.9?! LOL

Today is a running day, I am going to do it tonight, either at the gym or the trail. If I do the trail then I'll get going about 7:30. The other day I loaded my MP3 player with all new music and hopped on and ran for 36 minutes! That's an all new record for me and the total time on the mill was 47 minutes. I am aiming to be able to run for 60 minutes eventually. It will take some time but I can do it.

I am beginning to get to a point where my clothing is big, but I really don't want to buy anything. It's a waste of money if I'm going to be in it for a short amount of time. Maybe I can check with the doc's office and see if they have a clothing swap. I already donated all of the stuff that I've grown out of, I REFUSE to go back to it.

Last edited by baindegael; 07-24-2010 at 10:59 AM..
Old 07-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arynn
Stats: HW 276 Restart 205/185/135
WOE: Lowish Carb/Nursing/GF
Start Date: Restart 1/9/14
Woot Woot! Look at you! You are looking Hawt!!

Can I hang out with you?
Arynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arynn View Post
Woot Woot! Look at you! You are looking Hawt!!

Can I hang out with you?
Of course! And thank you!

where have you been hiding?
Old 07-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #179

Yesterday, jogged 26 minutes straight, not my best at all. The day before I had done 36 minutes straight. The new tunes are helping, fo sho. I will take suggestions on good workout music, if anyone out there is reading this. I typically like rock and have The Muse, The Bravery, Cafe Tabuba and sucj on my playlist. I detest Lady Gaga. Black Eyed Peas are tolerable. I just have to get the fast stuff going.

Just got back from the gym and pool with Stinky. I got in 40 minutes on the elliptical and he did 20 mins on the bike and 20 on the elliptical... I was a little worried that he was going to fly off the back of the elliptical at one point because he had it on level one and was running at a 200 RPM. We fixed it and he lives. We also hit the weights. Such a guy... trying to lift too much. Had to slow him down a little there.

He asked when we could go back and I said that I go every morning at 5 and he said... we can't go earlier than 5? Um. No! Sheesh! I am hoping that the exercise will help with his anxiety problems. His doc says that he thinks him hitting the gym is the best thing for him so we will see. The doc also doesn't like the age limits at the gyms especially with childhood obesity, but what can you do?
Old 07-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arynn
Stats: HW 276 Restart 205/185/135
WOE: Lowish Carb/Nursing/GF
Start Date: Restart 1/9/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by baindegael View Post
where have you been hiding?
From the looks of it, under a donut. lol
Arynn is offline   Reply With Quote