Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 02:55 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: palegirl
Stats: 249/144/145 2006:199/136/140 2013:206/165/145
WOE: Atkins Sizes:20W-22M/8/8
Start Date: thanksgiving 2002 Height: 5'7 Age:35
So have you gotten the Beetle now?! Are you and May having so! much! fun! with it? New toys, hooray!

I'm having some issues. Promised *EVERYBODY* I'm not losing any more weight. Woke up 132.5 today. How is this possible? It's TOP SECRET now, I'm starting to lose friends. I'm going to just say 135 if anyone asks.
palegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2007, 03:11 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: baindegael
Stats: Highest 323-5'9" 230/182/150 BMI 27.08 Goal BMI 22
WOE: LC/LF, ditching processed crap
Start Date: 10/29/2003
wow.... I can'teven fathom being 132 ever...I honestly would love to be 155, but if 170 comes around and I can't get past it, I'm ok with that. lol Is it TOP SECRET? I don't have that many friends.... when I had a kid, all my friends were gay men, and you know how they party, and I just couldn't after the baby. Then I was working at this bank for 5 years and we all got laid off and a lot of people went their seperate ways or moved far away for new jobs, and then after that nasty break up, I just don't want to be in contact with anyone that has contact with her. I have a couple of friends at work. That has to be hard for you sometimes, being a nanny. I remember doing some nannying in college and I felt a little isolated.

We do not have teh beetle yet. grrrrr.... We went to my CU to get the financing and theyv'e really been dragging their feet on everything to get it done, but today should be it *fingers crossed and God, I hope bc I'm tired of driving! lol It's lime green, I am sooooo excited. I just printed off her insurance policy and card to take to the dealership. And we're going to take a mini vacation and go to St. Augustine once we get the car, I love St. Augustine! Oldest town in Florida, and cool, lots of haunted pubs and things to look at.

I'm down .6 a lbs.... oy vey. It's better than nothing, I guess. And in all honesty, I have still been exercising, but I haven't been drinking as much water, so today, I am stopping by 7-11 on the way in to get my gallon.

Lynn

Last edited by baindegael; 08-01-2007 at 03:24 AM..
baindegael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:09 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

I've hit the threshold of what weight loss other people will accept about me. At this point all I hear is "eating disorder, eating disorder, eating disorder!" WHY??? It's just b/c they know me as a chubby girl. I am the most super-healthy person in the world. I have visible muscles at rest (so I'm pretty certain the weight I lose is fat.) I work out all the time, I have an active day job, I eat protein & vegetables... I eat all the time!

I don't really see what the problem would be with continuing to lose fat. Honestly. I'm perfectly happy to stay at this weight, I'd be overjoyed if I was still in the 130s a year from now, but I'm happy to continue losing, too. WHY NOT??? I looked up the BMI this morning and I wouldn't hit "underweight" classification until 118. So 132.5 is PERFECTLY FINE, and so would 10 lbs less. Not that I'm trying to lose 10 pounds, I'm honestly not, but I'm not suffering at all. I eat the way I eat, I am stressed to high holy heaven, I'm losing weight. Should I add carbs to satisfy my "concerned friends"? I honestly believe carbs to be unhealthy! Should I eat when I'm not hungry to satisfy people? That doesn't make a ton of sense. Besides, my diet satisfies both my appetite and my wallet. It's illogical that I would spend more money on food so that I don't lose weight so that... what? Jeez.

This morning, at work, I made a point of cooking up some breakfast in front of the parents, and letting them eat some, telling them what it's made of. (Zucchini, eggs, parm, cumin) LOOK AT WHAT I EAT, YUM YUM, HAVE SOME, I'M STABLE & RELIABLE!!! Not crazy. No eating disorder here. HAND TO GOD.

This morning I read a lot of the Kimmer controversy websites & blogs that have popped up this week. Interesting. I will admit that I took a lot of advice & inspiration from Kimmer and ******* through the threads on LCF (never joined her new site.) I don't eat lean, but I do eat lowish cal. She's had influence on me. These alarmist blogs & stuff do make me concerned about myself, have I taken pro-ana advice? Do I have an eating disorder? Ugh, it's so impossible to know, don't we ALL have eating disorders, really? We're obsessed with and constantly think and post and talk and worry about the food we consume and our body size/weight. Because I'm thin now, I have an eating disorder? If I had just lost from 180-155, people would be slapping me on the back and high fiving me. I know this to be true, it happened. People love me at 155. 132.5 not so much.

I appreciate their concern, I do, but they don't seem to *believe* me when I say I eat. I need therapy, I'm so crazy, I have an eating disorder... thanks friends. I don't feel like I have any true friends here in Boston. I have one BEST FRIEND FOREVER, she lives in Wisconsin, but we talk pretty much constantly. We're old friends from college and truly know and appreciate each other. She told me last night that she trusts me to know my own diet and to make good, healthy choices for myself. I send her photos pretty frequently, so she knows what's going on, and I tell her everything extremely honestly. I even send her photos unclothed when we're discussing what my boobs or my ribs or my sternum look like.

I don't feel isolated being a nanny, b/c I can do whatever w/ the kiddo. We go out in the park & hang out with people, or go into town for coffee, last week I met up for coffee with my speed coach & the baby, that was nice. I like the idea of making playdates with other nannies, there's this girl Shannon I see around & I'm planning on exchanging numbers w/ her the next time I run into her. There's an au pair I'm friendly with around the corner w/ a baby the exact same age, etc. We also have structured activities a couple of times a week, like music class & swimming. And I looooooove the parents I work for, and we have a social hour most mornings, just hanging out while they get ready to leave for work. Actually, the mom worked from home Monday (to let me deal with the move) and Tuesday and the dad let me know this morning that he's going to be home for most of the afternoon. I feel uneasy, like they're checking up on me possibly? It's weird. What's going on? They haven't worked from home for months, and now every day this week? That's part of the reason I did the "LOOK AT ME EAT!" charade this morning. Also, I was hungry for breakfast, ha ha.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to write this much. Should I be posting this on a public website? I'm a little uneasy about all that...
Old 08-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #64

meh, don't worry about posting on a public site.... I'm holy unpopular, I doubt anyone's reading!

I've read the Kimmer thread actaully since the 1st day, I thought it was funny at first because the OP was saying what I was thinking when she posted way bck when.... that if you really did get as skinny as you say, you'd post a better pic than a blurry one with hair and outfit from the 90's, but I saw that she had this following, I honestly thought for the longest that she was a nutritionist the way she gave advice....

I don't know if it is pro-ana. I know that the things that alarmed me a couple of years ago that I had read was that fasting, the no exercise and the epsom salt laxative. It's very purge-y. I do think that I ahve an ED. I weighed over 300 lbs. If I don't eat LC, I eat EVERYTHING in site and I hate myself for it, but all I Can think about is food. It's a lot like a drug for me, food. So, I"m abstaining by doing LC. It's drastic, but it works.

As long as you are eating and exercising, and not losing muscle, I don't see anything wrong with you losing a little more weight. Stress will do that. People at my job are losing weight liek crazy because of te stress... I happen to not be one of them!

May got her Beetle!!!! It's soooo cool! And now, I'm letting my car rest so that I can trade it in not too far down the road.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:40 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline is reading, at the very least! Pauline!!!

Hooray, congrats on the Beetle! I'm so happy for you guys. That rules! but... what the hell do you mean by "letting your car rest"??? ha ha ha, That sounds so funny to me. So when are you going to St. Augustine?! That's going to be so much fun!

I'm right there with you on the Kimmer stuff. I was always like "water fasting? laxitives? whatever! you crazy!" but the "hey, why *are* you eating so much, so much fat, so many calories? If you cut that business way down you'd get into even deeper ketosis and lose weight faster" rang true with me, and out of curiosity I tried it, and it does work. It's also more socially acceptable to say you eat "lean protein and vegetables" than "as much meat as I can carry, tons of fat, and vegetables" The photo issue is sooooooooo sketchy, and always has been, but then, I'm a narcissist. Have you complimented my bikini photo lately...? ha ha ha. Literally, it's the desktop wallpaper on my computer at the moment. Okay? right.

What you said about having an ED? I'm right there with you. I am obsessed with food and with my body (as a science experiment.) I have to be, or I will start gaining weight again and I won't stop. That's it.

I've been showing the apartment to potential roommates. So far I've shown it to four people. The first three I all felt like "you'd be okay, I don't think I'd hate you, I don't think you'd hate me" and then Maud came over with her boyfriend Brian, and the magic happened! I have at least 5 more interviews/showings scheduled, but I think Maud is the one. It's so exciting! We really clicked, they laughed at my jokes, really got a kick out of me, think I'm a riot -- that's a dynamic I really enjoy, lets be honest, and she and I are on the same page in terms of money, cleanliness, respect, even similar life stage kind of thing. We also keep kind of opposite schedules and so won't be around each other a ton, which is almost disappointing, I like her that much. AND she's ready to move in and split August rent! That's HUUUUGE! That's money in the bank. The only issue is that I'm going away on my biggest trip of the year right in mid-august, so I'd want her in at least a few days before that or not until afterwards. Our regional tournament is coming up, and we're going away for 5 days!

OH! Yesterday I made Chicken Chili Verde in my new crock pot... DELICIOUS! I got the recipe from Dana Carpender's 15 minute low carb meals cook book. It's a brilliant recipe & so tasty. Let me know if you want more info. I don't usually even eat chicken. This is an instant favorite.

xoxo
Old 08-03-2007, 04:03 AM   #66

you don't eat chicken?

I'm just doing a quick drive by before work.... i'll be back later.

who's Pauline?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

I don't generally enjoy chicken. I eat so much pork. Tons of sausage & kielbasa, and chili made with ground pork... yum yum. Those are my staple foods. Well, I eat quite a bit of seafood too, but it's spendy. So yeah, it's good to find a chicken preparation that I like.

Pauline is laprettygirl, she's my other little LCF buddy.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:49 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arynn
Stats: HW 276 Restart 205/185/135
WOE: Lowish Carb/Nursing/GF
Start Date: Restart 1/9/14
FLY BY JOURNAL FLASHING

(o)(o)

WOOOHOOOO

<----- is reading

Lynn! Muuuyaaaah! How is you? no, you don't have to tell me, I just read 3 pages and found out. I am back, lurkin' a bit, commenting seldom. Journal nil... it's been a rough-ish year. One of those what doesn't kill you makes you stronger kinda years. LOL

I do have a question about your stall... what's your fat intake at? are you getting enough? You might try making 60% of your calories come from good fats and see if it doesn't jump your scale in a downward swing.

I will come back by again when I am not tired and ready to lay down. The Spawn is sleeping and I covet those quiet moments.

Mother, Wife, Glasser
FTW
Arynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Well, you can add another reader to your list-- hi! I found this thread after looking at the bikini pictures (yes, narcissistic but I love it) and I got warped into reading your whole thread.

Maybe it was the drama that lured me in more than just the weight loss. Maybe it was because I completely understand how losing weight can feel like an eating disorder when you're "on". I don't know. But I am admittedly warped.

Palegirl-- I feel weird calling you that! I looked into your profile to see if you had a name-- is it Rebekah? (Is that hebrew?) Or did I totally butcher that spelling? Dolly sounds like a total *****-tramp and I think the sooner she is completely out of your life the better. Why is she being so crappy to you? Sorry if it's still an open wound and you don't want to discuss it, it just seems amazing that someone could turn on another person so quickly and without any good reason.

Also, I highly doubt anyone you know in real life is reading this thread (unless you gush about LCF to all your friends and family), so honestly, write whatever you want. Please do! I love reading what you have to say. And even though I'm just a bystander, I really want to know the story of how you lost all your friends. (PS I hate all my friends, too. Is it really cliche that I just wrote that?).

I hope Maud works out and that you end up having a real friend in her. What is roller derby? Is it on skates or blades (I blade, and I'm pretty sucky except that I can squat low and know how to brake, both of which make everyone else claim that I am semi-pro).

This is sad and pathetic but at this point in my life (and looks), I wish that people thought I had an eating disorder. I wish I had a sternum that was visible that I could capture it in a picture. I lost about 25 lbs when I was 18, from 150 to 125, and a few people thought I had an ED, or drug addiction. Now I'm a grade A ****** and people think I'm a glutton and they are right to think so. Yeah, I'm a food addict, what can I say.

Lynn-- Your boy is adorable. And when you talked about gaining weight after you starting running I wanted to know if your muscles were sore? If so, they could be retaining water... hence the gain. I understand what you mean about your body being more sensitive. I don't think you only have one golden shot, exactly, but there is something about the 1st time that the later tries seem to lack.

I also want to know more about May! Are you guys looking to move out anytime soon?

Your posts were really refreshing and a bit entertaining to read. And generally speaking, I really don't like people. I literally laughed out loud when you were talking about rugby ("what, do you think I'm a lesbian")-- I think I laughed because I went to the University of Michigan and wanted to get active (to lose weight).... so the first month I went to the Rugby informational meeting and I found out that everyone on the team was a lesbian (basically). So I saw the word "rugby" and ok whatever. It made me laugh. I'm sorry to have totally just harrassed you guys and if I'm being overly personal, I apologize.

It took me about 5 years of being a LCF member before I would post a picture of myself. My fear is that some little ***** from highschool would come across this website to lose 8 lbs on her 125 lb frame and would find out that I turned into a lardass and would blabber it to everyone we went to highschool with. So now I have a picture... I've said where I'm from... what college I went to... I'd be screwed. So I might as well tell you guys, too!

I'm Samantha... I'm a 24y/o single medical student in Chicago. I haven't had a boyfriend in over a year, and the last one kinda sucked (I still send him drunk texts though, sadly). Part of the reason I want to lose weight is to have people! attracted to me! (I was going to bring up something involving getting laid, but that's probably wildly inappropriate here at sweet little LCF). Right now, meeting someone is an unfathomable concept.

I have been trying to lose weight since about 2001 when I started to gain my 60+lbs in college. I lost 25 lbs after college (from 2005 to mid2006), and lately have regained most of it. I just haven't been taking it seriously. When I *do* take it seriously I lose weight pretty quickly, I have a ton of energy, and I never cheat. But once I do slipup, it seems like I lose all motivation to get back on the wagon, and I will spend weeks being gluttonous and not caring. I'll have moments of epiphany (sometimes drunk, sometimes mid-binge) where I will do anything to be thin and I am remotivated for about 5.3 hours after which I get a pint of ben & jerry's and wait until ketosis magically appears.

I had a journal that I have abadoned, but rather than take over your journal, I'll probably go back to posting in mine. Which you can read if you have 16 hours to spare. I feel like I have a lot to say and nobody really to say it to. People in my "real life" just don't understand my situation.

Threadjack over.

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Hey Baindegael and Palegirl!

I just wanted to say "HI" and that I am enjoying your journal as well! It's very fun to read. Hope you don't mind! You're both so refreshing with your honesty and openness! Hope you're both doing well!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:04 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Hi folks. I went to Marshalls on Sunday to find a more appropriate bathing suit for baby swim class, and I wound up buying a whole wardrobe! It's crazy. There's a clothes issue to this whole break up, which is that as I lost weight I started basically wearing mostly Dolly's clothes, and now that she's gone I have precious little that fits me. Also, Dolly has a very distinct style and I had NO personal style at all. (I wore unflattering jeans & unfitted tshirts daily, basically. She went to a very stylish school and shops often. And she's 21.) Over the course of our relationship she remade me, largely, in her image. So now I'm left skinny & unclothed!

She definitely helped me to become comfortable shopping, although I'd credit the weight loss more. In the past I'd be overjoyed if I could find anything off the rack that would fit my body. I'd mostly not shop at all, and if I had to the rule was if I could zip it, I'd probably buy it. Now I can choose anything in the store. She taught me to pick up a lot of stuff, try it all on, and pick based on what flatters me best. Sounds basic, I know, but I used to cry in dressing rooms, maybe you can identify?

So I went to Marshalls on Sunday intending to get a bathing suit and I walked out with $200 in merch -- do you know how much $200 buys at Marshalls? A LOT OF CLOTHES. It was challenging though, because as I picked stuff out I was constantly conflicted: "am I picking this because I like it and its my style, or because I know Dolly would like it and its her style?" I'm left with a better sense of what's cute, but I still don't feel that I have any personal style, and it's easy to fall into Dolly-shorthand. Also, Dolly-style is what's in style and available right now (it didn't used to be, she's totally a trend setter.)

Of Dolly's clothes, there were just a few things that were my absolute favorites, the number one being a brown dress that I borrowed a lot and felt super cute in. Here's a pic!

I was really sad about losing this dress. I know it's kind of lame, but when she took all of her clothes out of the closet (the weekend I went to fire Island) it was a really difficult transition and loss for me. I really had to come to terms with the body aspect of this whole sh*tty situation.

When I walked into Marshalls though, this was right there in front. And I bought it. The smallest size they had was a M and I really could have used a Small I think, but this is close enough. I couldn't believe it. They must both be knockoffs of something designer. Dolly's is still cuter, the way the bustline is gathered and the pockets are gathered and blousey, but this is a satisfactory replacement!

I feel like I was meant to have this dress. There was also a little red cropped jacket similar to the grey jacket we fought over (I don't remember if I told you about the grey jacket. She bought it for me as a gift for my new body when I first lost the weight, and I wore it on my job interviews & wore it when I got this job, and wore it to show off my new body and it felt really special. When she packed up her clothes while I was away, the grey jacket was something she took and I was extremely hurt and sad about it, and asked for it back, and she claimed it wasn't a gift, that she bought it for herself. In the end she begrudgingly let me keep it.) So anyway, I bought this similar red jacket now and it looks super cute with the plaid dress!

Dolly can pull off this cutesy baby-style a lot better than I can, but I love these pieces so much that I am looking forward to wearing them with confidence.

I'm 135 today. Yesterday I ate a half dozen eggs, what? ha ha ha. Do you want to see the rest of the clothes I bought? I took photos of almost everything. The only things I haven't photographed yet are things that I bought the exact same item for my best friend (the one who lives in Madison WI) whos birthday is in a few days. I'm going to mail those out to her after work today.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:46 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arynn
Stats: HW 276 Restart 205/185/135
WOE: Lowish Carb/Nursing/GF
Start Date: Restart 1/9/14
Sweetpea, those clothes are too cute! I think you pull off the little jacket swimmingly!

I had a big transition in style over the years. I think it is natural. I still have trouble wearing colors. I wore black forever. You will find your own groove in no time, I am sure.
Arynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Yeaaaaa, I want to see all the clothes!!
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:10 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Lynn, how's it going on? Still exercising every day? Still stalled? Off gallivanting in the new Beetle? Hope you're off having lots of fun somewhere! xoxo
Old 08-08-2007, 03:51 AM   #75

another flyby and omg, people are posting?!?!! lol

I have to get to work. It's been a rough few days at work.... blah. Still working out, everyday, I haven't weighed since that loss of a .5 lb, I'll weigh again Friday. I don't like to be a daily scale person.

I'll be baack tonight to read, I liked your pics Rebecca!
Old 08-08-2007, 05:51 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

I have a black & white mod dress problem. I see one, I buy it. I'm up to 3 now. 2 are from the latest shopping trip. This one is my favorite, I think:

this is the other new one:

I don't have a pic of the other one, but it has occurred to me that the one I already had is the piece of clothing that dolly is most attracted to me in. She'd like break out in a sweat and run away when I appeared wearing it. I don't think that that is why I bought the two new ones though, really. I really like mod style. The thing is, I'm not gimmickey enough to pull off a full time style choice like that, so I'm more of a mod tourist.

Then there's these weirdo pants. They were $12 and I couldn't resist, I loooooove high-waisted pants, and the military style works for me. The length is all wrong though, so I'm going to see about having them tailored to knee length.

Oh, and this is the grey cropped jacket that I mentioned yesterday, that we both tried to claim. This is not an outfit I'd wear, by the way. I'm not quite sure what to wear with these pants, but I know I LOVE them...

and this outfit I posted in my bikini photo thread, but i'm not sure if you saw it there.

muscles:

Old 08-10-2007, 09:56 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

So. It's not Maud, but a new roommate is moving in this weekend. Through this whole process I've really grown even more close with my landlord and that means a lot to me. He's like a kindly dad-figure who lives upstairs and really thinks highly of me and is fond of me. It's a good, warm feeling in our little household. The new roommate is going to pay $500/month and I'm going to pay $700. (She's living in a tiny 6 1/2 x 8' room with one window and no closet and I have the real bedroom.) She'll be on the lease (and Dolly will be off of it) starting in Sept and at that time will pay $1000 to the landlord towards last month's rent & security, and after her check clears the landlord will write a check to Dolly for $1K and then it's all over. I like this whole set up because I'm giving D the money that she's demanding but on my own terms in a way that's fair to me and the new roommate and the landlord and to her, even though it's not what she wants. (She wants $1200 immediately, that can not and will not happen.)

She's been stringing me along all week. She called on Monday and said she was coming up here on tuesday and staying through regionals (next thursday) -- well, she's still in Baltimore. We had said we'd have dinner/hang out during this week sometime, and that she'd come practice with me once. That didn't happen/isn't happening. Fine. I'm better off not. Instead I have been hanging out with real people who don't poison my life.

Last night I had my friend Wanda over who is a type-I diabetic, and therefore eats sugar-free and TOTALLY APPRECIATES my culinary experiments. Yesterday I made 6 lbs of pork roast in my slow cooker with Kahlua davinci's, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and paprika. It braised all day, it's essentially SF pulled pork. When I got home I removed the meat and then thickened the sauce with not/Starch, and we garnished with scallions and sesame seeds (key!) -- YUMMMMMM! For dessert I served up some of the iced coffee concentrate I made earlier in the week with heavy cream & white chocolate davinci's over ice. Again, YUMMMMMM!

I never thought she and I would be friends but... yeah, we really are. We live in the same neighborhood (which is key) and we eat the same food (key) and we happen to be bench-buddies on the Massacre. I found out way after the fact that the entire bench-buddy system was started because I personally need to be babysat on the bench during games so I don't get emotional and start badmouthing my own teammates and managers. Yes, it's true, I have done that, it's pretty wretched. Having Wanda babysit me though TOTALLY WORKS. But the bench-buddy system was introduced as everyone having a partner to take care of throughout games so we all get the individual attention we need and it turns out to be wicked awesome and everyone loves it.

Okay. where are you Lynn? This is *your* journal thread! I hope you're not hiding b/c of the stall or even a gain. talk to me, girl!
Old 08-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #78

I am here... that recipe sounds awesome!

I weigh the same. I haven't been hiding per se.... work is crazy and I'm thinking things through. My boss... I like her, but when something goes wrong, she starts saying that we're going to get fired and starts talking loudly and the hands start flying and it's a bad scene all around bc I'm VERY calm. Always calm, but when she starts that, I can't THINK! I just need to be left alone with the system, and my reports and let me THINK for God's sake. And then she involves other departments to sort it out and then it turns into a gigantic blame game... yesterday I heard her on the phone with the AVP and she said that I was saying one thing and the other department another and she dind't know what to think..... um.... honestly, nothing went all that wrong and everything was fixed.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

wow, that must be really frustrating. when you say you're thinking things through, are you saying you're thinking about making a job change?

I got some new furniture for my bedroom (from craigslist, two different sellers). Wanna see? I'm so glad you asked!

headboard

and dresser

And my new roommate, Helena, moved in today! She even wrote me a check for August rent! She'll be paying $500/month, but since we're midway through August I only asked her for $300. I'm so psyched!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:13 AM   #80

I like those... a friend of our is giving us a queen size and we have to pic it up tonight, and then we're going to a barewood store to pick up a dresser and may is going to antique it; I'm really excited. She's an artist and has started to paint again, I'm really happy about that.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:49 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

I can not express to you how happy my new furniture makes me! And you're getting a new bed and dresser too! Awesome! high fives. We are like twins or something.

Here's a photo of one of the new dresses in action on Saturday night. That's my friend Wanda in the middle, who I mentioned. (She is Type I diabetic & we share food. That night we did sugar free white russians)

Old 08-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

I got those pants back from the tailor today and I'm SO HAPPY with them as shorts!
and these are my new shades, I wasn't sure about them at first but now I love them.

Last edited by palegirl; 08-14-2007 at 06:47 PM..
Old 08-15-2007, 11:44 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: piedrafina
Stats: 343/334/???
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 5/17/2014
just thought i'd chime in and say hi there! you guys have another reader in me. i found palegirl's thread about the breakup and followed it here. it just sounded so familiar to me, i couldn't help myself. i felt so much like that after my breakup with my second girlfriend. in the end, i left texas and moved because i couldn't even stand to be in the same city anymore.

i am seriously struggling with my weight loss right now, so i hope you guys don't mind me peeking in once in awhile. i don't think i have enough to say to start my own journal.

"Some look at a glass and see it as half full while others look at a glass and say... it's a dragon." -- Jon Stewart
piedrafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #84
Mother of the year

Gallery: Laprettygurl
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Feb 26, 2013
Hi Rebekah and Lynn! I'm still here, still reading. Things are a little hectic here.

(OMG I have a date on Friday that I am so nervous and excited for!!!)

Rebekah - I love all the pics. Those are some cute clothes!!! Nothing I would ever pick out for msyelf. I'm a simple jeans and t-shirt kinda girl. Wow, you have a great bed! Can I live with you?

Last edited by Laprettygurl; 08-15-2007 at 01:02 PM..
Laprettygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:23 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Pauline, I used to be a jeans & tshirt girl until Dolly completely remade me. Now I like dressing cute, especially with the new body happening. Good luck on your date! I hope it is super fun and awesome and everything you hope it will be! Wait until after the date to decide if you'd rather come live with me *wink*

I'm leaving tomorrow AM at 6:45 for my big tournament. Best effort! (that's what the public school teachers in Boston have to say instead of "good luck") I'll be offline at least until monday.

xoxo
Old 08-15-2007, 08:41 PM   #86

hey all, I'm down a pund... and Stinky broke his arm today, off to the ortho tomorrow to get a cast put on, poor guy.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:18 AM   #87

I took the day off to get Aiden to the doc. God that is ffrustrating.... the office staff is sooo rude. I hate dr offices.

Pauline, I obviously have missed a lot, last I knew you were with your daughter's father.... who's this date with?

Rebekah, I love the shorts.

I'm down another 1/2 lb this morning, maybe it's starting again. I was going to actually go to a Derby tryout last night, a bunch of girls at work are a part of the Tampa one, but the broken arm kinda halted that. Maybe it wasn't meant to be, but I want to join an organized something, you know?
Old 08-21-2007, 03:41 AM   #88

I wooshed, I'm an even exact 200.0. thank God!!!

I was going to go running last night, bc I'm lazy and can not get out of bed on time on Monday moring, and then a friend called and I had to spend the night (with May and Aiden) in tow... very sad night.

off to work for a 1/2 day.

Are you still there Rebekah?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:19 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys, I'm back from the big tournament and... well every other story I have from this weekend (there are roughly 3000) is way more interesting but less on-topic...

It finally happened. I lost playing time because the skater coach (and long-time close friend, and the girl I probably mentioned has been weird about the fact that I weigh less than she does) docked my playing time in the middle of the game because she believes that I haven't learned to use my thin body in the game yet. I would totally be able to deal with that assessment if there were a grain of truth in it, which there is not. Every single other player on my team (and probably the other team if we polled them) thought I was playing exceptionally. People were literally running out on the track at the end of jams I was in to freak out at my awesomeness.

We got knocked out in the first round after losing the most exciting game ever in freaking OVERTIME, and the team that beat us went on to upset the #2 team and advance to nationals. We had a great, great trip and I'm really proud of how I played... and how I looked in my uniform.

And I kissed a lot of ladies. Holy christ have I got some interesting stories. I don't think it would be terribly cool of me to post them on this public board though.

AAAAND, after I got home Monday night I went out and picked up more! new! furniture! hooray!

Lynn, how did Stinky break his arm? How's he handling it? Some kids love the cast and the attention, I hope he's having a good experience and it's not cramping his style too badly!

whoosh whoosh high five! I knew you were doing everything right, and I know it's been making you quite mad, I'm proud of you for sticking with it through that lame stall.

Last edited by palegirl; 08-21-2007 at 05:22 PM..
Old 08-22-2007, 04:01 AM   #90

that sucks that she took you out... lame!

Aiden was playing tag at camp and tripped over someone's feet and then used his left arm to break his fall, and voilá! broken radius. He's in a cast from his fingers to his shoulder for 6 weeks.

'm off to work, but I'll be back