LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 06:36 AM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Lynn:
Glad things are moving in the right direction!!! I had the surgery not doing to bad its all in my journal, I have my post op tomorrow so then I will see the incisions and stuff I am hoping my arms are smaller!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #302

Gallery: baindegael
Stats: Highest 323-5'9" 230/182/150 BMI 27.08 Goal BMI 22
WOE: LC/LF, ditching processed crap
Start Date: 10/29/2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Lynn:
Glad things are moving in the right direction!!! I had the surgery not doing to bad its all in my journal, I have my post op tomorrow so then I will see the incisions and stuff I am hoping my arms are smaller!!!!
WHOA! Glad to hear you're recovering. I hope you got the before and after shots!
baindegael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:39 AM   #303

Lynn they are in my journal the bandages come off today!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #304

I went to go look, but I got the red x! I'll go take another peek! Good for you
Old 04-13-2011, 03:03 AM   #305

I am finally getting over whatever cold or flu I have. Thank God. And I am finally getting over hearing where people at work suspect I picked it up. I never understood why this exercise is important to people, my mom used to do this... Well, Aiden was sick and I must have gotten it from him. There are germs everywhere we go. Cash is one of the filthiest things on earth. Makes no sense to me.

I missed my dr appointment on Saturday because I was too sick so I go again this Saturday... I don't believe that I've lost anything. In fact, I ate badly over the weekend. I am proud to say that it didn't set off a binge because normally I will eat something off plan and it starts a whole, screw it, get me onion rings binge. This time it didn't. I'm also learning to balance out what I want. I want almonds? OK, well, 1 oz is 240 cals, every oz of protein is between 45 - 65 calories, so that would be the equivalent of a piece of chicken. It's hard to retrain the brain to think that way but it's necessary.

I got back in the gym today after a week off. Yay! I always feel better once I'm back at the gym.

The wee one's alarm is going off so I guess I have to go... he always turns it off and goes back to sleep.

Lynn
Old 04-13-2011, 03:38 AM   #306

Lynn- glad you are feeling better, sounds like my office everyone wants to trigger the culprit! Glad you are getting back to the gym. And kuddos for not setting off on a binge you are wise to look at small accomplishments like that and realize that you have changed past behavior.

Feel better,
Amber
Old 04-13-2011, 04:39 AM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Lynn- glad you are feeling better, sounds like my office everyone wants to trigger the culprit! Glad you are getting back to the gym. And kuddos for not setting off on a binge you are wise to look at small accomplishments like that and realize that you have changed past behavior.

Feel better,
Amber
I the new pic!!! Looking good mama!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #308

You know what they say when someone disappears from the board... its true.

We just hired a guy on my team at work (we work in banking and credit cards) who is a personal trainer. He is super nice, he is amazed by my knowledge and gave me the biggest compliment (unwittingly) one day when he said that a test I wrote to a training manual was harder than the SAT.

Today, I sucked it up, looked weak and asked him for help. Flat out. It was all in IM. I said that I've been LC since 2003, I'm gluten intolerant. I was doing great this time around, my mom passed away and I can't get straight. I keep falling off the wagon and I'm like stuck under the axle. I did hear him laugh from across the room at that....

So, he gave me advice. I am going to journal everything that I eat for 2 weeks and bring it to him. I told him that I went running today and it was the first time in a very long time, he said keep it up and in 2 weeks, he'll look at my activity and make tweaks.

The one thing that he said was that I need to eat the second I get out of bed, something with at least 60 calories. But not too much since I run. And you know, others have said this, I never do because I'm not hungry, but I'm going to give it a try bc whatever I've been doing is not working.

After talking to him, I feel so much better. All this time, I've felt desperate about my weight. I know that sounds extreme but I did. But 10 minutes with him, I feel great... that may have been the 2.5 mile run that I did too.

Tomorrow I'm off to run with a running group at 5:30 AM. I had posted on FB that I need a running partner and someone responded that I can tag along and not pay if I want to do the group's "leisurely" Friday Run and Coffee.

So, here I am. I've eaten horrrrrribly over the last 8 months. I have gained a little more than 1/2 of the 48 lbs that I lost but... I'm still able to wear my smaller jeans at least. And now, I'm working on getting back. And below what I've ever been.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Welcome back Lynn! I've re-gained a few pounds previously lost but I'm back on track now too. I'm committed and feel 100% confident that it was just a minor setback and it's just onwards and downwards!

Why does the trainer say eat very soon after waking? Is it because you then go for a run or ............?
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #310

Lynn:
I want to tell you something! Your journal was one of the first ones that I read on here when I joined, I just hit 100 pounds lost since my restart in 9/10. I remember looking at you and thinking you are tall like me, and OMG I will never get to be a size 14, I will never get to be a size 14, I was 305 last Sept, last Monday I was 205, I am doing my first race on 9/17. I started the Couch to 5K in May, had a little surgery and now am trying to get back to where I was, like 2.5 miles.

You were an inspiration to me, and still are, and people come into our lives for funy reasons, I have switched from low carb to Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle, and I feel great I have really jacked my workouts, I was at the Fitness store getting protein and a guy heard me saying how I want to get this weight off, he is a trainer. Said eat as soon as you wake up, 6 meals, 325 calories every 3 hours we have to reset our metabolisms, I track everything.
This guy makes sense, I cant do fasted cardio I have tried, but eating a little first thing is good advice, use him to help you get it back, I know you can do it!

Your efforts were not in vain, you inspired me and you will continue to do so!!!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #311

Wow, Amber. Thanks! I needed that! And congrats on the 100 lbs down!

Penny, the trainer said that you have to eat as soon as you get up and that's everyone. If you don't, your body is in starvation mode. He said that it has to be at least 60 calories and then you can go back later and have a real breakfast.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #312

Good advice, I cant believe I am eating 6 times a day, and eating 150 carbs and losing weight, I will kick my butt at the gym to be able to eat some real food, LOL Man a piece of toast never tasted so good!!!! LOL I work out in the afternoon right after work so this has been working for me, but there is real truth to eating and keeping your metabolism going, I feel real hunger now if I dont eat and I am not craving bad stuff!

If you get back to it and the exercise it will come off again, you know what you need to do!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Thanks ladies! That's good information!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:30 AM   #314

Amber, I'm curious, what are you eating and when?

I'm reading a book right now about how to stop the cycle of binge eating. It's got some exercises in it and I figured I could use my journal to do the exercises. I got to type fast because I go running in 10 mins.

Life Blueprint:

I am a healthy 150 lb woman, I am muscular and look really tall. I am well dressed and always have been even when I was bigger! I fit into size 10 pants and sometimes a size 8 skirt. I have learned not to be ashamed of the bigger me, it was a growing experience and we aren't two different people. that's still me.

I firmly believe that eating natural foods is the way to go, that junk food (chips, sodas, frankenfoods) is poison for the body so when offered, I politely decline. I worked hard for a clean body. I no longer think about food all the time but where we are going during the weekend and what activities I can find to stay active. I run 15-24 miles a week and participate in races and I go to the gym on non running days. It's a big part of my life. I have learned to trust my body now, it tells me when I'm hungry, when I'm tired and it won't fail me when I exercise or race.

Work is stressful and I have no control over that, however, exercising and eating well help abate the stress. I move up based on my knowledge and merits and people see and respect that. Financially, I am focused on moving forward and controling what we spend.

For after the run:

To become the person you intend to be, think about what you would have to believe about yourself, your associations with food, the things that drive your behavior and anything else that you would have to believe in order to be this (aforementioned) person. I would have to believe:

Last edited by baindegael; 09-20-2011 at 03:41 AM..
Old 09-20-2011, 03:40 AM   #315

Lynn- I did my first race it was only 1 mile with my son!!! OMG it was so fun, I am doing a 5K tough mudder in Nov in VA!!!!

As to food I am following Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle plan with having IR and stuff I am working on building muscle and lowering the body fat. THe carbs help fuel the workouts, I eat 1800 calories a day which is about a 25% defecit since I want to lose more weight, and its broken down into 6 meals about 300 calories that I eat every 3 hours. The carbs are whole grains, steel cut oats, cous cous, quinoa, ezekiel bread and lots of protein, I try to stick close to 40% protein, 40 % carbs, 20% fat, I dont lose fast but my body is really changing with the workouts. I am trying to love running, I hate it, LOL But the challenge is what is driving me, I could never run, so the fact that I can run 2 miles is amazing, I am more proud of that than the weight loss I think!

I agree that a varied diet of whole foods is the way to go, I really have no cravings for junk, I feel really good, the ebook is like $47 but I think its worth it, lots of good info,.

You should be very proud of what you have accomplished, and you look great!!!! you did it and still remain an inspiration to me!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:37 AM   #316

My beliefs

I thought about the above while I was running. (2.8 miles, btw)

A few years ago when Jackie Warner first came on TV, a magazine article interviewed her about her show and helping people become fit. I thought she was crude, I also couldn't stand her because of her reality show and her dating.... oy vey. Air all of our dirty laundry, will ya?! But I digress... the interviewer asked her if she would ever date a fat person. She said no. I was already hating her more. But then she said, I wouldn't because I don't want to date a person who wears her addiction on her sleeve. Still hated her. But, that has stayed with me.

You see vegans hanging and seeking other vegans, gays seek other gays (I'm the first to admit that I notice the gays when I'm at work and am more comfy with them initially), drinkers look for drinkers, etc. Fat girls seek other fat girls for friends. When I was really fat, I had other really fat friends... And that's all that I know. I know how to go out and get a drink or three and eat dinner or lunch or meet up for breakfast. I also know how to soothe other fat girls, oh, you don't look bad, you look thinner than you actually are, etc. And we will all start tomorrow. That is how I socialize. And in doing so, I am wearing my addiction on my sleeve.

I still am not a fan of Jackie... she's obnoxious. I will give her credit that she knows what the french toast she's doing. And she has made me think over the years by only saying one thing.

Back to my exercise, I believe that I have to change the way that I socialize. It's good to eat with friends. It's also good to go to the movies with friends, go bike riding with friends, go to museums, Ikea, etc and food can be a small part if need be but no the focus. In order to do so, I may have to change friends but that's ok.

Last edited by baindegael; 09-20-2011 at 04:59 AM..
Old 09-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #317

Amber, I'm proud of you! And impressed on the mudder! eeek! I have a 5 K coming up on Nov 6th so I'm back into my running mode. I don't always remember to log it, but I am doing it.

I'm going to check that book out and continue reading this one on how to stop binge eating. See where it gets me. No.. the book says not to do that! lol I will put the books into play and make the chang.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:54 AM   #318

You know Lynn, I pretty much never go out anymore to eat with anyone, I am so focused on the weight so I say come over for drinks, or lets do this but I try not to make it about the food, Americans eat way too much food!!! LOL I admit I was one of them!!!! It's just easier for me to control things at home! I had a huge binge problem when I was younger, I had a great book, I forget what it is I have to go find it! It is true if you surround yourself with healthy people, you will get healthier, I found a lot of joy in learning to use willpower, I would always cave and just give in now I feel so much more in control saying No, that is what I think got me through, all the No's.

Our races are the same day!!! I am at about 2 miles, without stopping, one more to go, at least with the mudder I can stop and do the obstacles so that might help! I was running at the track and the hills the other day killed me so now I am trying to vary the terrain a little to get more used to that.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:02 AM   #319

There's something to say for eating at home... at least you know what you put in it and anyone who comes here knows that I will make something LC, healthy and that it will taste good despite being healthy. lol

You will get there, that last mile. I'm doing 2.8 right now, I am so close to the 3.16. I'm lucky, in Florida we don't really have hills... we have slight inclines but on a treadmill they wouldn't register as much of an incline. They still make you breathe harder though.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #320

Yesterday, I ran 2.77 miles and didn't stop to walk once. I'm aiming to be at a the full 5K by Oct 15th, plenty of time before my race. I just would like to stick around 40 mins for the race... my best time so far was 38:05. My worst was 48 something.

This morning, I did the On Demand Chris Freytag 10lb UB Challenge. My arms and abs are shaking. It involves pushups (eek) that I do on my knees. and then nose breakers at the same time as this leg lift thing so you're getting an ab workout as well as arms.

We're off to eat at a Persian Buffet... mmmmm..... chicken and greek yogurt and greek salad.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #321

Persian buffet, man that sounds good!!!

Oh dear give me push ups any day over running, I am really struggling, I am going back to like week 4 of C25K I have 6 weeks til the mudder, so it is what it is, at least it will be broken up not straight running.

I love pushups and planks, LOL
Old 09-24-2011, 05:12 AM   #322

ack! I don't mind planks, but man oh man, I couldn't do a pushup if you held a gun to my head. They're all on my knees at the moment.

I'm about to go for a run. Are you running outside or on a treadmill? For me, I got stuck on the treadmill. Watching the numbers really psyched me out. Once I took it outside I really began to progress.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:48 AM   #323

I only run outside, I was running at the local track to measure distance then I found when I did the race hills are killers, so now I am using Endomondo, its a free app on most phones, so cool, it pulls your GPS on your phone and makes the path you ran the distance, time, pace etc and its free, so I am running around the neighborhood and the big lake near me is almost exactly .5 miles and lots of ups and downs, I could never run on the treadmill, I never walk on it either, and I felt like I was going to fly off, LOL Then it will upload it to a program online to keep track of your runs, it is the coolest free thing I have found!

I like the elliptical at the gym so I only run outside and you know the summer was so hot and I was doing better, now you would think the cooler air would help!

I am going back to C25K like week 4 or 5 and see if that helps me get my stamina back, man you lose it quick, I was up to 2.5 miles now I can barely go 1.5 and I am dead!!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #324

You'll totally get there and probably faster than you were before. That's the way it's going for me. The first time I ran in a long time, couldn't hit 2 miles, that wasn't that long ago.

I didn't hit my 3 mile mark today. I am blaming it on the weather. It was as hot as the sun out there! We don't have fall. We go from 90 degrees to 30-40 overnight in December. And I realize that 40 doesn't sound cold, but man alive. When it was 80 something the day before, it's a shock to the system!

So, here I sit. I'm bright red like a tomato and trying to cool down becuase the boy wants me to go and play basketball. lol

Amber, I picked up the e-book you were talking about. I have to get something sound going here in my life. The binge eating book is good, it's got motvational exercises and MP3s to listen to. I was also able to load that e-book onto my kindle.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:38 AM   #325

I am in the Atlanta airport awaiting my flight to Boston to see a client. Never been to Bean Town, I am excited to go! A shame that we had to get up at 3 AM but I figure I will slee well tonight! My main goal, after the client loving me of course, is to run in DT Boston. It's a new goal for me. I ran in San Juan and it was awesome so I plan to do it everywhere I go.

I have my Tony Venuto e-book and I am seeing the similarities between his and the emotional eating book I have. That is good because what's in this cabeza is what needs the most help
Old 09-25-2011, 06:05 AM   #326

Boston is so lovely! That will be a good trip and lots of hills for running the Park is beautiful!

Glad you like Tom's book, I have been eating cause I was mad I was gaining 2 freaking weeks til the wedding, ughghg why we do this to ourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next week its strict hardcore something not sure what!!! LOL

Read up and your head will get back in it!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #327

I will have to admit at the moment, slightly discouraged... and it could be the PMS talking, but I've been eating pretty clean for a few weeks and I haven't lost anything. I just put on my jeans and they were tight. I Don't get it. I'm running again, I'm doing cardio again. And nothing? I'm so disgusted right now because I feel like nothing works. I did Atkins, I worked it and then, it just stopped working and I was faithful to that damn diet for years. Then this. Just annoyed.

Rant end. Going to go do something, not sure what, but I am going.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:47 AM   #328

Lynn- I know it is very frustrating, that is why I keep trying everything to shake it up, I stop losing on different plans then keep switching, maybe try the Dukan way? When I was doing lc and then did that for one week I dropped 6 pounds in 5 days, low fat high protein, carbs from FF dairy? It is a freaking mystery!!!! If we could figure it all out we would be rich and much less frustrated!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:40 AM   #329

Thanks, Amber. Just frustrating, I'm still reading that book. I'm sure that it doesn't help that I'm on the road. I always retain water like a mofo when I'm traveling, all the salt and none of the food is prepared by me. and I'm not lying, I totally have had a drink every night. Just wish I was one of those people that was blessed to be naturally thin.

I'm at the airport now, I got bumped last night from my flight and all ICan say is that this airline... not my favorite people right now. But! It is what it is. I get there midday, go to work, come home, go to work tomorrow and fly out Saturday to see another client. Wild ride! And I haven't had a chance to run since Tuesday (yesterday, I had to get up really early to meet the client and then straight to the airport). Maybe I Will do that tonight after dinner.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:01 AM   #330

Lynn- I had a bad weekend and blew up 10 pounds I am a human sponge!!! 7.5 came off on Monday, it sucks, I so know how you feel wanting to just be normal, and then living with my skinny BF, its like I would kill to have his metabolism!!!

It will come off!!!

Be safe!