LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tichatte
Stats: 220/148.2/142 5'7
WOE: LMH
Start Date: Nov 2006
TryN2FitN Journal

I have a great hubbie, married 4 7yrs, and 2 beautiful girls 3 and 1. I have been trying to fit in ever since I was blessed w/ my 2 amazing wonders. I have been working my tail off 2 achieve the so called "ideal body"(who's ideal, I don't know). To drop the lbs I have been doing Pseudo-Atkins since Aug 06, I know it's pseudo b cos, I have read the book, but I wasn't as dedicate to taking care of me as I am now.
So I started getting as close to the plan as possible about 3wks ago, and I have been thankful ever since. Finally Loving myself and taking care of me, driving force is to set a great example for my girls, and stop the looks of people when they try to figure out why hubby is w/ me and always saying my kids are beautiful, "they look nothing like u"

My 21 days of progress are listed below from my calendar. Dedicated to keeping on track so I can get to the point were I look like I work out as much as I do.

Day 3 of LC, I have hit 155 2 days in a row, I also have TOM so that's amazing. No ketosis yet. Food
Roast Beef
Broccoli w/cheese
5 almonds
chicken salad
sausage cheese lowcarb wrap

LC D 4
Doing ok, today I weighed 155.2 in the morning, then 154.8 so maybe I am going down in weight . After eating and about mid day I was 156.8 so I am losing weight. I got my legs checked today also so I will be on medication. Food
Sausage cheese LC wrap
chicken salad
turkey
cucumbers
12 almonds

LCD 5
2day is almost done, and also the week, I have been doing great, and actually believe the scale read 157.4 this morning but at 1300 it is reading 155.4 so maybe that was a 1 I saw this morning. I am hoping 2morrow morning will be clearer. I went back 2 work 2day, even though it was a day 2 early. I also picked up my prescription and had my stitches removed. I will be getting scheduled 4 PT and hopefully after a month things will be better. FOOD
protein shakes 2
chef salad
cheese 2pkgs
gizzards w/ soy flour

LCD 6
Tomorrow it will be a week, today I weighed 154.2 lbs, I am still losing, I will do this, I am back at work, but tomorrow will be an off day, my boss says he is putting me in for a QTRLY award, we will see. I had to set up the SQs photo, still in work: low weight 2day was 152.4 keep dropping Food
Protein shake
Bacon Cheese LC Wrap
green tea
wings
cucumbers
Water

LCD 7
It has been 1 week, and I did it, I have had temptation, but I was strong. Today I weighed 154.2 then later 153.4 so I am slowly going down. I had my tight pants on and they were falling off me, I am getting small. Went to TJ Maxx and other lil stores to pick up stuff, took A to early intervention she needs to be evaluated on the 19th and her eyesight appears to be bad. FOOD green tea, slim gym (lol), sausage, tuna salad

LCD 8
On 2 week #2, today I saw 155.2, but an hr later it was 154.2 so I guess I go into next week at 154.2. Spring cleaning has started and I am starving 2day, don't know why. I checked my hair yesterday and I am thinking it is going 2 be a surprise when I take it down.

LCD 9
Weigh in 154.2 then 153.2,I am at a stand still, I think I will up the H2O intake to see if that works. Could be the low carb wraps, salt, or tuna salad, don't know. Today we BBQd and I bought the girls a Water Table from TRU. I had 2 buy a new notebook card also. 2 morrow I will do set up 4 the Memorial Day event. Food
PS
Sausage cheese wrap
steak
sausage
skins
crab salad
tuna salad

LCD 11
I don't know what happened 2 my post 4 yesterday, but 155.6, today 155.2 so hopefully I can see 154.2 once again. I have had protein shakes twice, bacon cheese wrap and that's all, work limits my food intake. I need 2 return from leave and do my retirement decision.

LCD 12
I am slowly rolling up on 2 weeks at this WOE. I was happy this morning to see 153.6 on the scale and my stomach is deflating so nicely, I don't know if I have made it to ketosis yet, I will check later 2day. After my morning RR beak I probably weigh even less. My stomach has been feeling really funny for the pass couple of days . 2 day I got on the scale at the gym w/ clothes and I weighed in at 155, amazing I did some weights(arms, back, chest) was pretty hard w/ the shoulder recovery so I went to the elliptical and did 20, worked up a sweat. Did 29 sit ups in a minute. I also did friends perm 2day. Need to pick up girls Bday photo. Turned in copy 3 of leave, need 2 select retirement option. Food
protein shake, 1 tsp psyllium husk

LCD 13
Tomorrow will be day 14 the 2 wks induction will be done, then I can track total weight loss and start introduce the carbs. I may not, I am not at the point I want to be, and I have been taking carbs in small amounts, under 20, but still carbs the same. Weight was 153.0 this morning, surprising after seeing 151 a couple of times yesterday. I was able to do 32 sit ups in a minute this morning. I will have 2 workout at home 2day.
Food: protein shake w/psyllium, bacon cheese wrap,?????

LCD 15
Yesterday I weighed 153.2 in the morning, today I was 152.2, a lb in a day is beautiful. I did 32 sit-ups in a minute and weights and 20 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. I also finally took care of the T-shirts.
I think I will stay in induction a lil longer, just until I reach the 140s, then I will up my carbs some.

LCD 16
Today I weighed in at 153.8, I guess upping the carbs yesterday wasn't such a good idea, I will take them back down to normal levels. I ate under 20 carbs during induction so I think I continue w/ around that level. Shoulder recovery going so so. We went 4 a good walk yesterday, so at least I got in some exercise. I am so interested in the current styles, I want to look cute when I drop the weight, I have father day pics planned for hubby so fingers crossed.

LCD 17
I went really off track yesterday, 1 chocolate chip cookie and breaded chicken. I fell bloated, and it was not even really worth it. I am paying now morning weigh in 156 I guess I really needed it though, it taught me that getting off track just a lil has major consequences. Back to the game plan, staying on board w/ induction, I think I will be a lil stricter this time around, never quite made ketosis the 1st go through, probably due to sweeteners and nuts, I will try 2 stay on track, I truly hope 2 c 150 this week. I really want to look good in July when I go home, my best friend told me I would never see a certain size in my adult life, sure would be nice 2 prove her wrong, maybe I can encourage her.
32 cheater sit ups, due 2 bloat from cheater weekend

LCD 18
Today 154.2 or .6 and second weigh in only moments later 153.6so me thinks the .2 was correct . I guess the weekend bloat is going away, and I can say I am starting 2 get the nasty taste in my mouth, hopefully the ketone sticks will let me know something. I hopefully will get to break the 140 ceiling this week. I have started adding flax, and psyllium husk 2 my morning protein shake, hopefully this lil change will help me make a difference. It is so extremely hard to give up the SF flavored powder I add 2 H2O, but I am going 2 be strong. I drank a lot of H2O yesterday, will try 2 keep it up 2day. I managed 2 do 31 sit-ups in a minute, so I am holding steady, will go up 2morrow. My vein consult is on the 7th, I hope I can get the procedure done soon, I want 2 wear shorts when I drop these lbs. I also start physical therapy 2day.

LCD 19

153.6 this morning, so I guess I am over the weekend damage and back 2 the basics. . I managed 34 sit-ups today in 1 minute, so that is an increase. I am totally sore from working out w/ the class though. Today is a gym day, but my physical therapist said I should slow my roll . I am just so desperate to get back 2 workout mode.
I took weekly pictures yesterday, and the muscle loss is quite evident in my arms and back on the plus side, my stomach is looking great, goes 2 show you that abs deal w/ diet.

Side note* I noticed the debate on one of the boards, made me feel like I was in church for a minute. My mom was a religious fanatic which was evident through my childhood; 8 yrs Jehovah’s Witness, 2 yrs Catholic School, 2yrs Church of Ladder Day Saints, and last Southern Baptist. The reason I mention this is b cos all of this from 1 book, and it sort of correlates to Atkins in my simple opinion, one approach, interpreted and tailored to what works best for the person. It's all about how you interpret things. Just my musings.

Ok back 2 why I'm here - I have finally mastered my morning shake perfect taste, awesome outcome. .

LCD 21
153.4 for 2 days in a row so I own it, I guess, been steadily increasing my carbs so I guess I will take it. Hopefully I will start sloping down again. People keep stopping and commenting about my weight loss, I have even recv'd a couple of waist grabs and "girl ur getting skinny " remarks . That is not even the case. 5'7 (153) does not make me skinny, just got out of the overweight end of the BMI scale, I will have 2 just roll w/ the punches. It's weird people automatically assumed I would just be a larger person. The people who were smaller than I are acting a lil strange as of late, don't know why, maybe they were more comfortable w/ me being the larger girl. When I was larger I was not cute and adorable like the people on "biggest loser" nor like the beautiful larger women I come in contact with on a daily (me thinks they are overweight to keep them settled b cos you can tell with their looks if they were smaller, they would be pulling some Helen of Troy ish ) And from the transformations I have noticed on many of the weight loss forums, this appears to hold true for the men also. Amazing how people just start to c u, when u lose weight, and do not notice that u was beautiful w/ or w/o the weight (not in my case). I am pretty dang attractive when I am healthier, but 10lbs 2 many makes me look so distorted (dare I say unrecognizable). Oh well, enough of my musings.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...iXm/weight.png

Last edited by tichatte; 06-08-2007 at 09:02 AM..
tichatte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2007, 07:04 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

LCD 22

Yesterday I ate a tad off plan, wasn't disappointed, distraught, nor disgusted, just took it as, I am doing this 1 day at a time, it was only 1 day and 1 time I was off, so pressing on. I had choco cheesecake due 2 a Bday party, 1 small slice, couldn't even finish it, it was 2 much (amazing, I am like a rescuer when it comes 2 food, can't leave a bite behind) I also had tuna salad, chicken salad, $store cheese crackers(13cracks =8carbs)and "Wingers" rib & wing platters, almost 4got my amazing protein shake(it's so awesome I believe I will make it a smoothie 2day) OK, here's the kicker......weighed 151.4 this morning, this was such a surprise, makes me think the carb cycling plans I have been researching may have some substance. Will eat on plan and c how things go 2day. Great being at my all time low since starting this plan
Old 06-09-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

shopping

Made it through a day of shopping w/ a friend. Planning on doing pix of me and the girls for hubby on father's day. Found an outfit that would coordinate great w/ the girls, the bermuda shorts were a Jr. 11, an let me just say I look awesome in them. Now I just have to meet next weeks goal and every thing will be butta My hair turned out great, many looks and shock when I wore it down, never do that, but w/ the weight receding like the water from the beach, I am starting 2 feel new. I ate so so, roast chicken, ceasar salad, sausage, egg, grits, a cookie(yah, I know)
Old 06-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Really enjoyed this weekend, ate pretty laxed, and I am ok w/ that, trying the cycling thing, maybe I will change the higher carb days 2 during the week and not the weekend, I can control what I eat better through out the week as opposed 2 the weekend. This week I plan to monitor what I eat pretty closely and lower the carbs to the 20s if not lower. Friday hopefully I will be at my mini goal, out of the 150s, that is picture day. I think I will try 2 hit the gym during lunch, let's see how this day will go.

Last edited by tichatte; 06-10-2007 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: LCD 23
Old 06-11-2007, 05:39 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

LCD 24
I have noticed that since shedding the lbs my O pains have become more noticeable, to the point I can distinguished which side it's on and when it's happening. , sort of painful. My hair came out awesome, I never wear it down but did this weekend, my friend could not take her eyes off it and said she did not remember it being so long,thick and healthy(probably b cos she never saw it down) I had a time with functioning w/ it down, not use to it, and don't really like the feel of it, now I remember why I keep it short, but can't now a days due to no time to maintain it, oh well.
I am 2day, due to the continued notice of my weight loss. I have actually been getting requests to train w/ people wanting 2 loose,I am not a personal trainer, and am a lil leery of having someone workout w/ me. I consider my workout time my me time. I zone as I lift and listen to my INNO, I don't really like distractions as I am thinking my mantra "no pain, no gain". I agreed to the workout partner starting next week, it will either improve my workouts or detract from them, we will see.
Today I managed to do 35 situps in a minuteand this is after 2 days off, wondermous. Now time 2 get dressed and see what 2day holds.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Eats so far - protein shake, delish
Atkins bar, not hungry
1/2 gallon of H2O so far, hoping 2morrows weigh in will be uplifting, trying to wait until Tuesday after a fun weekend filled w/ 2 many carbs, close 2 40 I found out I am a qtrly award winner, would be great to find out I am getting promoted in the deal, oh well. I wore hair down again and got gawks and comments about how great it was, can't wait 2 get it up again so I don't have 2 worry, the comments make me feel weird, don't know how 2 deal w/ them, I guess I have to work on gracefully accepting a compliment again, it's been so long, I guess as more of my fat armor chips, the more people will notice me, weird, they really missed out on getting to know a great person prior 2 the weight loss, now I am a lil leery of people, need 2 trust more. Weight hasn't just changed my body, but it has also changed my personality and attitude.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Happy ending

Today I took my daughter out 4 a (30 min) ride on my bike, we had a great time. She giggled as we speed down the sidewalk. She squealed when we rode through the sprinklers, it was awesome. We looked at all the new houses under construction, and those 4 sell, the sky was beautiful, the temp was nice, it was great. Then I think, with this WOE I have been concerned w/ #s, and it's not about #s, it's about my health. I felt great peddling along over anything put in my way, w/ my daughter gleefully along 4 the ride, I had energy, and other mom's sat and watched as their kids asked y they couldn't go 4 a ride w/ mommy, I am doing it, and I am reaping the rewards, and it's not just the numbers, I am transforming my life, and creating memories.

Last edited by tichatte; 06-11-2007 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: spelling(doh)
Old 06-12-2007, 05:59 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

LCD 25

153.4 I am really happy with that, maybe the cycling is the way 2 go. I ate well this weekend and managed to maintain my weight at last week’s end, now to get back to the 151. I am almost losing a lb a week or 2, Not 2 fast, not 2 slow, the avg amount. , this is great since I have incorporated weights back n 2 my workout routine. This mornings shake was extra yum, the results r like clockwork; energy, hunger control, and regularity 2 hrs later . I managed 33 sit-ups in 1min (what's up w/ that???? ). Maybe I tired my muscles out by doing my morning abs during my drive 2 work. I managed 500 of those, working my way 2 a 1000.
I was once again approached about my weight loss, I am getting pretty use 2 it now, but it's weird when the same person who asked u what u were doing 2wks prior asks u again. Were they zoning when I explained previously, or thought I had changed up on what was working? Gave them the same inspiring spill, that is validated by my results, now let's see if they ask me again n 2wks
Old 06-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I ate on plan 2day, went shopping for workout clothes, and had an all around swell day. Then I took my 3 yr old out for a ride.
We are riding all over the place (I imagine I am the lady in the commercial jumping across craters and things) we have the sky, the sun, great temp and all. Then my lil cowgirl proceeds 2 snap mommies shirt up and down and say "faster, faster, get-e-up" I am a lil surprised, when did she watch a western and y does she think mommy's a horse. Must be b cos;mommy's powerful, strong sleak and lean, at least this is what I think and how I feel, then I hear from behind me in the cutest baby voice "mommy cow", I am crushed, here I go getting all pumped up thinking I'm a stallion, but she is thinking cow. My lip quiversas I turn 2 c what part of my behind she is viewing, and as I turn my head 2 the rt, I glance a mommy and baby cow. I smile as I continue the turn to c my darling lil princess chessin and enjoying her ride. We continue 2 ride, mommy the sleek stallion ready 2 take the demanding lil princes wherever she wishes.

Last edited by tichatte; 06-12-2007 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: LCD 25 30min bike ride
Old 06-13-2007, 07:05 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

LCD 26

Today I am 152.4, a whole lb, I have not seen this weight in my weight loss travels, 2 is my lucky #. I feel fit and great 2day. 36 situps in 1 min I am doing this. I found out I didn't get promoted, I will try harder next year, probably should start studying now. I had my magnifico shake this morning, love it, it's weird, I don't know how it will taste from day 2 day due 2 the different consistency of the coconut oil, but it is always awesome, and it seems 2 b working great. :blush:TMI-but noteworthy the same, 1 of the ingredients 2 my totally awesome shake is normally used in detox and I guess colon cleansing, and I guess it is working(I am not a freak, but) after my regular 2hrs after the shake trip, I noticed the consistency of my pool visitors had changed, it looks like the image they show u on those late night colon cleanse commercials. I have also noticed that my stomach bloat is noticeably decreasing. oh well.
I received a great compliment this morning, my face is looking slim, and "u have great cheekbones" YES, I have cheekbones, really high, nice, u must have Native American lineage cheekbones (which I do ) Boy, and I was just hoping 2 get down 2 1 chin when I started . Let's see what else 2day has 2 offer.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

2 day was another great day, I ate on plan, went 4 a 35 min bike ride over the river and through the woods. My daughter decided to chant faster and faster the entire trip, not so much the cowboy movie, more like a personal trainer flick (Workout). She only gave me a break from the chant when we passed the cows, couldn't help but laugh. My thighs r so sore, I can tell she gave me a workout, my lil princess/personal trainer. It was great 2 c so many people out w/ their kids. 2 morrow I won't get 2 take her riding, will have 2 work up until 10pm. I will try 2 take Atkin friendly items w/ me. Friday I will be a full day, I can't wait.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:31 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

LCD 27

152.4(place snoopy doing happy dance here)hopefully soon I will be able to own it. I feel great, a lil sore and tired, but great. I only managed 33 sit-ups in a min 2day, probably due to the soreness. My shoulder is still sore, but I am thinking of restarting my exercise boot camp again, had such great progress doing that. We have a 2 week break until we start teaching full swing again, me and another instructor may finally start BFL, we've read the book, but just weren't that dedicate. I love the book and incorporated some of the info n 2 my day 2 day, I think I will re-read it this weekend it prep for a start on Mon. I know my carb days r slowly coming up, but I will modify them, I have purchased some 6 carb bread, 6 carb P and 7 carb J, will make a sandwich 2 satisfy my cheat, and hopefully I can maintain my current weight n 2 next week so I am not yo-yoing. I can almost tell when I am going 2 see a drop due 2 my constant weighing. I have even used this pattern 2 predict my friends whoosh 2 the day and the weight, I was only off by .2. She was shocked because her weight had did the jump b 4 the whoosh, she looked back at her daily weigh ins and saw the pattern also. I am such a numbers geek. Let's see what will happen 2day.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:21 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Grad night

2 day was great; everything is coming up roses, in fact that is something that has been on my mind. I tried some heel balm from a spa that smelled like roses, and could not help but be reminded of my mom. She always smelled of roses, it made me smile. I am now determined 2 find some rose scented body item 2 keep her in my memory and make me smile. Maybe I can pass the happy scent down 2 my daughters.
I feel so slim 2 day, won't be able 2 ride, but will make up 4 it 2 morrow, daughter was extremely disappointed. I am so excited about 2morrow, have everything set up for pics, even found the perfect shirt 4 hubby. It is almost like 2 morrow will be my reward. Hopefully everything will continue sunny, if not it's ok, can't anyone steal my joy, but they can share it w/ me. Well off 2 the big formal event, I should look awesome in my apparel.

Last edited by tichatte; 06-14-2007 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: potatoes
Old 06-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

LCD 28 Things didn't go as planned.

Starting off w/ my weigh in, I was so sycked 2 c 152.4, I was going to so own that weight and low and behold 151.0(rub i's look down again). Ok so I am happy and pumped 4 family pic day. So, I get kids ready and I get ready, a lot of stuff 2 do. Hubby is stuck at home waiting 4 UPS. Dropped girls off and went 2 work, sidetracked 2 hrs, Pic's r at 1 pm, right? I have time. Stopped off at store @ 9:45 am 2 early 2 get the makeup done, go shopping, side tracked by 50% of clearance items(shopped till I dropped, I got $51 items 4 $6, spent way 2 much $$$. Stopped off at makeup counter, wanted neutral none scary makeup, was pretty open and let her create, was not what I had in mind, but awesome still the same. Leave counter w/ $75 worth of EA makeup, and happy 4 it. Purchase everything and get call from friend, she broke the ceiling and is now in the 180s wow, another surprise, I am jubilantly congratulating her and she reminds me my appt is at 12pm WTHish. I rush p/u girls and head home. Traffic is horrible get antsy, no time 2 freshen up girls’ doo, and forget about me. Get home @ 11:15, get girls and hubby dressed, quick hair touchups, and we are out the door. Arrived 3 mins b 4 she was about 2 give our appt away,(come on now it is only 11:57) hubby takes 1 pic and goes home 2 wait 4 UPS. I am left holding the diaper bag. Girls take pix in only 1 outfit (but I had plans) I don't have my diva toes and fingernails due 2 the rush and didn't get to fiddle w/ my hair. 38 mins later awesome photos, happy me. Things did not go as I planned, but as he planned, and I could not of had a better day.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:41 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Wow, I was so exhausted yesterday, a lot of running around, but so worth it. I receive the greatest compliment in the world, "You can tell those r ur kids, they look exactly like u"(me inhaling deeply and exhaling loudly, clutching my chest "I would like 2 thank the ..." lol) From day 1 of starting this journal, it has been about my babies, I am so happy. Even though right now, 1 is trying 2 unplug the laptop, and 1 is trying 2 conquer the unmarked terrain that is mom's head(hiking boots, spikes and all, oops, those r just sharp toenails) I want to be everything to them and give them happy memories that involve a lot of motion. I am not trying to be thin, I want 2 be healthy and able to hop, skip, jump, run, climb, spin, dance, shake, fall and get up w/ my girls.
Ok, now back to the plan, 2day is my modified brac day, I am experimenting w/ cycling. I will not do a carb free for all like I did last week, I have the PBJ 2 satisfy the sweet tooth. I will drink my shake this morning, I have not been doing that on the weekends. I will also try 2 increase the activities I do 2day. I will try 2 get some time in on my elliptical and some strength training. Let's c what 2 day holds.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Another great day coming 2 an end. Went 2 a case lot sale and really racked up. Then we went looking for a new mattress. We found the one, but won't buy it until after our trip. We watched "GR" 4 Sat movie night, and now it's time 2 finish laundry. The carbs have been ah flowing, so delish. I am so stuffed, oh well. Maybe I will slow them down 2morrow, I had my fill 2day. Found these really great carbsmart icecream bars. The girls have been so rambunctious 2 day. All is well w/ the world.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

LCD 29

It is going on almost a mth of this way of eating. My cycling is keeping me sane. I have been tweeking my plan a lot,not really giving it a chance to stall. I am also losing slow and steady which is great, at this pace I will reach goal around the time of the trip. 2day will be a surprise I can't wait 2 c what is in store for us.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

The rush

Sundays r pretty rushed around here, trying 2 get everything prepped 4 the week. I was exhausted 2 day, must be the carb consumption, I mean not wanting 2 do a thing tired. Wow, maybe I will do my brac days only 1 week end out of the month. I am going 2 review BFL I plan on starting the program's workout plan next week, 2 weeks b 4 family vacation let's c what I can accomplish. I believe I will do induction 4 these 2 wks b 4 the trip, just tossin that around in my mind. The bloat is horrible, maybe I will fiber up and drink a shake 2 get things rolling. I am so excited about this week, I am really going 2 push myself and try 2 devote some time 2 me. I will try 2 track my exercise 2 make myself more focused starting 2morrow.

Last edited by tichatte; 06-17-2007 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: tacos
Old 06-18-2007, 06:59 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tichatte View Post
I had my magnifico shake this morning, love it, it's weird, I don't know how it will taste from day 2 day due 2 the different consistency of the coconut oil, but it is always awesome, and it seems 2 b working great.

I received a great compliment this morning, my face is looking slim, and "u have great cheekbones"
I wanted to pop in and thank you for your encouragement and starting reading your journal. You have lost so much weight? Where is your story? I'd love to read it.

Would you share the shake recipe? I'd love to try it.

I love the compliment you received! Keep it up! I want to get to the 150s!

Last edited by DaisyGG; 06-18-2007 at 07:02 AM..
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:42 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

For u Daisy

Good morning Daisy,
What a way 2 start the day w/ a Daisy in my Journal, just for u.
I got pregnant in 2005, b cos I had 2 work for both my pregnancies (medical assisted) I gained weight from the hormone treatment, and the "I am finally pregnant, I will eat what I want” attitude. The last pregnancy I gained 70lbs which added to my 10lbs from previous pregnancy put me at 220+lbs. I lost 10lbs giving birth, and w/ the 4 day stay in the hospital I went down to 196lbs. At home I start my pseudo Atkins and dropped 10lbs during the 6 wk hiatus. I started back exercising in conjunction w/ pseudo Atkins and breastfeeding (182lbs) I had to go on a 6 wk work trip where I was forced 2 eat dining facility meals, I did Atkins to the T for this period and made it to 160lbs. I got back and remained there until I started Taebo, I got down to 157 and that brings us to the shoulder injury and the start of my journal. I am 5'7 and carry weight pretty well. I will have to say taking weekly photos has been the greatest motivator for my weight loss, and the hopes of 1 day posting an after.
Funny how that just felt like an interview. Thanks for stopping by, oops the shake consists of: Whey Vanilla Protein(23g) coconut oil, flax meal, and psyllium. It tastes great 2 me, and it will make u so regular. If you have any more questions, I will love 2 answer. You are doing awesome yourself, remember slow and steady, it took me a year 2 get here, and I am sure I can maintain, due to the slow pace, also, doing it slowly is great for the body(excess skin wise in my opinion, if I wasn't such a prude I would show my stomach)

Last edited by tichatte; 06-18-2007 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: daisy
Old 06-18-2007, 07:50 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the recipe! As soon as I can (my kitchen is being remodeled) I'm going to do some of the shakes I've been finding around.

I just bought some Protein Powder and coconut oil and want to give it a try.

I need to dig out my blender and set it up in the basement next to my coffee pot yes?

You are inspirational regarding working out! It's very hot and humid where I am right now and that sure does not make me want to work out or even walk my dog.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:08 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

LCD 30 (Thoughts so far)

I have been a busy bee 2day. I worked back/shoulders/tris&bis 3 sets, 12 reps w/ a bonus set of 4 max outs at 90lbs on each machine. I was so pumped, most likely due to the NO. After the weights I went outside and ran 3miles, no stopping, steady pace. I feel so strong and so proud of myself 4 sticking to my BFL start plan this week. I will do an exercise tape when I go home to work my abs. I seriously gorged myself this weekend, but that's ok. I realize 2 days of eating bad is not going to make me blow up, just like 2 days of eating on plan is not going to get me to the 140s, so I am cool w/ that, and so happy. I have not done my sit ups, but will get to them after taking care of some work. Maybe I will do a set every 2hrs 2 burn some of the bloat off, I may go to the store and get some tea to help get rid of some of the weekend bloat. I have 2 admit, I didn't really believe how energy sapping carbs could be until this weekend, wow, Sunday was horrible. I was tossing around a brac day 1 wknd a month, then I had an epiphany. While driving 2 work at 0545 this morning and being stuck in traffic due 2 road construction. My weight loss has been like road construction, I am constantly working on it, but due 2 the brac days I am getting no where. SO I will rededicate myself and work on a completely clean 2 wks so I can be awe inspiring when I go home. The reasoning behind this is, I may get side tracked when we r on vacation. I am going to the southeast, where it is not a bad thing 2 have a lil cushion. I know this b cos I am partial 2 people w/ cushions. I grew up around heavier people that were strong, confident, and very loving. I never knew anything was wrong w/ being larger, I actually used to covet the extra padding my friends had, due 2 always being made fun of for being skinny. I use to weigh myself constantly in hopes I had gained. Then bring in the military and being stationed in different locals were even the tiniest padding has u running 2 the store in hopes of finding that pill that will make you look "tabloid normal". I am confident when I am at home, but not very healthy. I will take the comments that I know my family will give me; "u need 2 eat", "ur wasting away", "y u want 2 look like Nicole Simpson" w/ a grain of salt b cos if I stay the course, I will get to live a long time and listen to the people I love tryin 2 fatten me up (Hansel & Gretel style)
Old 06-18-2007, 08:10 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

2 day 2 day 2 day

Finally had my ultrasound down for the closure procedure. My circulation must be horrible because the tech was adamant about me making my follow up. I was busy busy 2day playing catchup. I did not get 2 do abs, but I did take a walk w/ the girls. I believe my 3yr old is almost ready 2 loose her training wheels. I have not been able 2 remember 2 purchase batteries 4 my scale, nor 2 locate my rose scent, I am so slacking. I seriously weigh 2 much oh well. still feel great, a lil off, but great the same, TOM is on the way, maybe it's a good thing I can't weigh. Day 1 almost done only 13 more 2 go.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:16 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

LCD 31 (1 month down, a lifetime 2 go)

I managed 37 sit-ups in 1 min. Made it 2 the gym at 0600 2day was a cardio day, 30 min on the elliptical and then hips and quads. I feel really good, and have started day 2 off well. The shake keeps me pumped and quite regular.
The shower after the work out was really awkward. There was someone in the shower next 2 me crying and sobbing inconsolably. I felt so bad for her as reasons 4 her dismay ran through my head. Was she sad b cos; of a death, was she abused, or was there an extra lb on the scale she didn't expect? Then I got side tracked w/ my own thoughts, Y would I think 1 lb would make her so depressed, I guess b cos I see how it distresses many on weight loss boards. Then I thought a lil more about my goals, maybe I am setting them 2 high, if a 1 lb gain in my mind could cause the distress I was hearing in the booth next 2 me, y couldn't a 1 lb loss cause jubilation ?, and I don't meant the 1 lb loss that breaks the ceiling of the new weight class. SO I thought about starting a shoot 4 1 program 4 myself. I will set a goal of 1 lb every week, if I loose more great. Those lbs will add up, and I will rejoice at every step closer 2 goal I make. Once this epiphany happened, I finished my shower and tried 2 wait 4 the distressed individual in the adjoining shower, but she wouldn't come out, which was weird b cos when we were showering she made sure her sobs got louder and louder so they could be heard. So I just finished up and left after a 10 min stand off. I guess she needed 2 grieve alone. So that was my muy bizarro moment, I wonder what else 2 day will hold.

Last edited by tichatte; 06-19-2007 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: laundry
Old 06-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

"That's awesome, ur getting ur kitchen remolded, I so envy u, that sounds like a great diet plan also. I use a portable shake maker like shake maker"

I am excited about that kitchen let me tell you what.

I bought a Magic Bullet right before I started the remodel and haven't even taken it out of the box. I have a feeling I'll be using that thing big time.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tichatte View Post
There was someone in the shower next 2 me crying and sobbing inconsolably.
Oh that's so sad! I love how it made you think though. Very insightful.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:14 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Tom--ta Tom Tom--TOMMMMMMMM (LCD 32)

What a way 2 start my 2nd month of LCing. Surprisingly easy start, no cramps what so ever, super bloat though , I don't think I will be able 2 make my early morn gym 2 day, but I will go around 10, 2day is suppose 2 be an abs day so I will do my abs here and do some cardio at the gym. Did get a chance 2 weigh 2 day 153.8 and on a TOM day, awesome. I will have 2 cancel my annual 2day and reschedule. I also will have physical therapy 2day. I have so much I could post, but 4 some reason I am at a loss 2day, PMS brain, maybe more insightful later, who knows???
Old 06-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Made it 2 the gym at 0900 (even though I did not feel motivated w/ TOM) yet....I had a great workout, a repeat of Mondays weight training and 35 mins on the elliptical, I increased reps and speed, and felt so awesome . I still have a buzz.
Now my gym confession I haven't been able to post my weight due to the lack of batteries in my scale but took care of that yesterday, so back 2 weighing. I love my scale, it has truly been w/ me for better and worse (worse being the postpartum body-felt a chill-) well we have this understanding, we r an item, and even though I casually weigh on other scales, it's just casual, I would never go all the way(:blush well I did it, I guess the stars were aligned and all b cos I managed 2 be getting out of the gym shower when no on was around, so I headed to the gym scale and did the unthinkable....I weighed w/ nothing on (buk-ed naked). I have never been on another scale in the buff. An the reading was 151.8 w/ PMS, I was all happy, but I still fell so guilty. , Now off 2 home, will post the best part of what happened 2 day from home, and u thought the scale weight made me feel good.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:25 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

LCD 33 Evil Skinny B

Wow, I have been really good making it 2 my morning work outs. 35 mins elliptical, and 30mins weight training, all accomplished b 4 0740. I feel awesome, a lil crampy, but awesome the same. I had 2 increase the level on the elliptical a lot 2 day in order 2 stay in my target heart rate zone, I am so shocked at how quickly I am maxing out levels. I will get a blood pressure check 2 day 2 see what this diet and exercise routine is doing 4 me health wise. I seriously need 2 do abs, I don't know y I have been avoiding those(lazy lima bean mentality I guess. 2day I do my follow up 4 closure procedure eval, can't wait 2 hear how soon I can get it done. I also have another physical therapy appt.
Yesterday I was beaming due 2 a telephone convo @ work. It went like this:

friend "Guess what"

me"What?"[/I]

friend "You have a twin"

me "Oh I do, where?"

friend "I saw her yesterday at the Gas station."

me "Oh u did? What was she wearing?

friend "Gym clothes..., tank and capri looking yoga pants thingy.

me "I bet she didn't look like me."

friend "Yes she did, only her hair was different, and she's an evil skinny b!+ch"

me laughing hysterically (b cos 1. I love my friend 4 the sweet way she is saying I am fatter than my twin 2. She is not only describing me, but referring 2 me as an evil skinny b!+ch

friend "What? What's so funny? [/I]

me "That was me u saw."

friend "Uhn Uhnnnn."

me "Yah."

friend "OMG, u look so different..., sorry about the ESB comment, etc...etc..." You know how the rest goes < insert me cheesin throughout the rest of the conversation, and day>
Life is good. 152.6

Last edited by tichatte; 06-21-2007 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: ESB
Old 06-22-2007, 07:25 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

LCD 34

WOW I just finish my morning work out, feeling energized as usually and quite happy. I don't know if this constant state of euphoria is due to the diet or the exercise, or a combination of the 2, but I am lovin it. . I managed 35 mins on the elliptical (exceed yesterdays stats, I will have 2 remember to get my blood pressure checked), and I also worked legs 2day, I know they will be sore 2morrow {NO PAIN, NO GAIN}. I am a lil leery going n 2 the weekend. I don't know how it will go, I will not make plans b cos I seem 2 go off track. I will be volunteer 4 an activity on Sat so hopefully that will help. I know being around my family makes me happy, and unlike many, when I am happy I eat, and I want to feed people. This is most likely due 2 my upbringing family+food=love or family+love=food, I tend to forget, but those 3 items r always in the mix. Proven by making hubby gain 20 lbs r 1st 3 mths of marriage (I love 2 feed that man). I cook 2 keep him that way, like a bit of junk in his trunk, plus it slows the heifers that stalk him down a lil. He is still amazing in my eyes at in weight though. Well back 2 food and love, over the weekends I love 2 cook and have my lil girls follow me around in the kitchen, hugging mommy's leg and chanting cooking, cooking wanting 2 stir what ever mommy stirs, and lookin up at me so lovingly . Then when the food is served I can't pass up sitting at the table with them and eating w/ them and listening to my oldest try to say "dee lish uss", (place deep smiling sigh here). So I don't know, but I will be strong. Today is FRIDAY, I am so stoked, can't wait 2 c what unfolds.
I do have 2 research my closure procedure, after the follow up; I have a lot to think about b 4 I leap. 152.8