Old 04-14-2014, 04:50 AM   #1261
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Monday Monday - Can't Trust That Day

9 pounds down

Entering week six with no binging. Oh that is a lovely thing! I've mentioned how Sundays are difficult and yesterday was no different. But I resisted and had a few macadamia nuts here and there when I felt myself tipping.

The weekend was quiet after Friday night's game. I got some cleaning done and frankly cannot remember what else I did! It really was quiet.

Week's Plan
  • Step up exercise. We leave for Jamaica in 9 days and I want to feel good.
  • Lower calories this week. My body is hanging onto these pounds with passion. 9 pounds is fantastic, but I'd love to be around 198 when we leave for our trip. Possible?
  • Wrangle in your macros. Get them back to your chosen limits.
  • Finish reading the silica thread. Make a decision.
  • No fudging on your supplements. Take them daily.
  • Drink a bottle of water with ACV every day. Get in a glass of lemon water as well. I'm confused if the two can go together.
  • Pray that Spud has a good day today - last Friday he was so crabby and only took two half hour naps. It was a looooong day!
To quote a character from an Austin Power's movie in the wrong way, "Get out of my belly!"

DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2014, 07:32 AM   #1262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/180/135 (19-Aug)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
I like your week's plan:

I'll match you on the exercise
Do you use a straw with the ACV? Do you drink it all at once?
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #1263
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarr View Post
I like your week's plan:

I'll match you on the exercise
Do you use a straw with the ACV? Do you drink it all at once?
I've been putting it in a 16 oz bottle and drinking that. No straw. Sounds like I might want to add one though.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #1264
Major LCF Poster!

Learning Moment

Spud had a super bad day. Not crabby today, just sweet, cuddly, but wouldn't nap. He wanted to super badly, but he just couldn't. I would rock him to sleep and no matter how long I held him the minute I placed him in the crib he would start crying.

Finally he fell asleep in my arms in the living room big chair and I just let him sleep for an hour and a half. This little dude is hot! I watched a documentary on Roman Polanski.

Bella thinks he's going through a stage she called social awareness/sleep regression. It's where the infant realizes that we (his parents, grandparents, anyone in his life) exist even when we're out of his line of sight so he wants us around all the time. I noticed it on Friday when he WAS so crabby. If I went out of his line of sight, he would start crying.

He's also chewing on anything he can get his mouth on. Teething?

When SIL picked him up I went for Pup's potato chips and ate a few. Not many, but a few.

Lesson: Stress stress stress. I am an emotional and stress eater. Duh I guess, but man, that was immediate and intense.

Don't let yourself get tired. Have a plan for exhausting days.

I love that little Spud, but he is exhausting! So I am not going to lose my mind because I ate a few potato chips. Log it and move on girl.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:30 AM   #1265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ACV can destroy the enamel on your teeth - I would suggest that at the very least, you just drink it quickly (not gulp, but over a few minutes to enjoy) and then a water chaser to rinse your teeth.

If you want a really good ACV recipe - I put sparkling water (from my soda stream) then ACV and then ground ginger and a little bit of sweetener to taste. It makes a yummy soda if you like the taste of ACV, which I do. It doesn't have to be sparkling water, but that adds a nice touch.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:30 AM   #1266
Major LCF Poster!

Confession

I have one.

I haven't weighed 155 since right after high school. Is this a crazy goal to have? Or is it something to shoot for? I'm seriously wondering!

The least I've weighed as an adult is 161. And that was a while ago. In the recent past around 165-168 seems to be my sweet spot.

But I want to hit 155 or thereabouts.

Right now I'd love 199! Heh!

Old 04-15-2014, 06:32 AM   #1267
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
ACV can destroy the enamel on your teeth - I would suggest that at the very least, you just drink it quickly (not gulp, but over a few minutes to enjoy) and then a water chaser to rinse your teeth.

If you want a really good ACV recipe - I put sparkling water (from my soda stream) then ACV and then ground ginger and a little bit of sweetener to taste. It makes a yummy soda if you like the taste of ACV, which I do. It doesn't have to be sparkling water, but that adds a nice touch.
This sounds really good. I've seen that quite a few people have gotten the soda stream machines. Do you love yours obviously? Worth the counter-space? Maybe I could make Pup something sugar-free he'd like?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:34 AM   #1268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so there with you - I hit about 135 in grad school and thought I looked great. I'll take 150 though based on age. I already don't like how my face has changed.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #1269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What's nice is that the bubbles are tiny. If you buy seltzer water at the store, the bubbles are huge. Soda stream bubbles are tiny and you can adjust from slight carbonation to very carbonated. You can keep the bottles in the fridge or you can even put one on the machine under the valve.

counter space is about the same as a 2 litre bottle.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:05 AM   #1270
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Good morning, peeps.

D, sorry to hear about little Spud worrying himself to death and triggering that stress-eating thing. I totally get that. I'm a stress eater too. Am I ever! Diverting my attention to something BESIDES eating when I'm stressed is not easy, and it takes willpower out the wazoo.

Sounds like this may be getting to that tough time when they're gonna try manipulating their caregivers by refusing to fall asleep on their own. Remember that? I do. It will be interesting to see what things will help to avoid falling into those traps.

I still swear by the music. It lulls them into this peaceful, calm-inducing trance. Yoga for the mind.

Fuhgetta 'bout those chips. Tiny indulgence. No biggy. You didn't totally cave, and that's what counts.

As for trying to know what's realistic about your weight goals, maybe you should just play it by ear, trying each mini goal on "for size," and then live with it for a while. If you feel good about that goal weight, work to maintain there. If you think you'd feel better with another 3-5 lbs off, go for it and do the same. We all wear our weight differently. And we definitely wear it differently than we did 10, 15 years ago. It shifts! Ugh!

Also, some people tend to gain in their butts, some their arms, faces, etc., and that is what is tricky, figuring out what works to allow us to feel "right" in our own skin. I think the key here is that level of confidence that one strives for, as opposed to a "weight" or a number. When you reach that level of confidence, you will know it, likely without even stepping on a scale. Confidence is the sexiest thing a woman can wear.

Food for thought.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:03 AM   #1271
Major LCF Poster!

Turn Down Day

It's much too groovy a summer's day
To waste runnin' round in the city
But here on the sand I can dream away
Or look at the girls if they're pretty

It's a turn-down day
Nothin' on my mind
It's a turn-down day
And I dig it

Still reading the silica thread. I'm busy tying up all the loose threads for the next few days. I'm hosting Sunday and getting ready for our vacation. Lots of things on the calendar to get done by next week.

It snowed about six inches yesterday. And the forecast says 70s for Sunday. Bi-polar! Hello Minnesota!

I didn't go into the office yesterday. I hung out with a friend and had lunch, we took some of our stuff to a consignment shop we like to use, I spent the money I had made from a previous drop off (the best recycling ever), and then we went to a movie. No popcorn! Yay!

When we came out there were about three inches on the ground. For some reason both of us thought it was only going to rain. Surprise! heh Drove home at a snail's pace - snowflakes, thick and floaty snowflakes all around. Everyone on the highway looked dazed and confused.

It will be gone in a flash. April (snow)showers bring May flowers and all that yes?

I'm making a cauliflower/sausage bake today, cleaning my house for Sunday, finishing up grocery list, maybe getting George to the groomer.

Kick the Keto right in the butt.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:49 AM   #1272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back - missed ya!

We had a couple of inches in New York, also - Lindsey was her usual dramatic self, saying this is her "worst Spring EVER" - she has a lot of "WORSTS EVER".

We're all melted away, will yours be gone by this weekend?

What's your recipe for the cauliflower/sausage bake? I did a crockpot batch of turkey cutlets and Guy's BBQ - I don't like the texture and not enough depth to the flavor (for some reason, my buffalo chicken was awesome, but this was "meh", but I portioned it out to my little containers and will use it as a salad topper for the next few days.

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Psssst...Nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:33 AM   #1273

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
What movie did you see girl??? SOunds like the perfect day, well, except for the snow
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:00 AM   #1274
Major LCF Poster!

We saw Divergent. More because it fit the timeframe we were working with. It was embarrassingly good. We felt like 14 year old girls giggling at all the cuddling and fantastic 6-pack shots we were reveling in.

I am not ashamed.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #1275
Major LCF Poster!

Sandra, the cauliflower recipe is very simple and very adjustable. You can add or subtract anything you want.

1 head cauliflower - pieced out and steamed
1 pound sausage - browned
1 brick (8 oz.) cream cheese
a handful of shredded cheese - sometimes I just use a couple of slices of pepperjack
sea salt and cracked pepper to taste

Bake 350 until bubbly. 20 to 25 minutes?

Don't eat entire casserole.

You can add or subtract to your heart's content. It's pretty darn good.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #1276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How small are the chunks of cauliflower - while I like it mashed, it seems to reduce the volume a lot.

I have tried broiling it for the slight charred taste. This looks like it could easily be portioned out and frozen.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #1277
Major LCF Poster!

I just cut them like I would when I eat it raw. I don't mash it, but just mix all the ingredients so there are chunks of cauliflower mixed in the bubbly, cheesy yum. It would be good mushy too though wouldn't it? I like chunks though.

I absolutely should freeze it. I bet it would freeze very nicely.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #1278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just put an experiment together - cauliflower roasted til almost burnt and started going through the fridge for leftover veggies. Ended up with too much to put in a baking dish, so added to the filled crock pot with:

Cream cheese
Ham
Asparagus
Leeks
Mushroom
Onion
Garlic paste
Smoked Gouda

I'll add the cauliflower at the end since it's pretty soft.

I'm going to make 5-6 very generous servings - probably something will nibble on as lunch and snack during afternoon - this is a LOT of food. I think it should freeze pretty well - at least I hope so.

368 calories
11 carbs (high for a single dish but it's mostly fibrous veggies only, but my breakfast is zero carb and I can keep dinner conservative)
26 fat
22 protein
Old 04-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #1279
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hey Daisy It's the weekend
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:13 AM   #1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
We saw Divergent. More because it fit the timeframe we were working with. It was embarrassingly good. We felt like 14 year old girls giggling at all the cuddling and fantastic 6-pack shots we were reveling in.

I am not ashamed.
I was there the FIRST day it was in theaters. I have read 2 of the 3 books. LOVE it. I have heard bad things about the 3rd book, so at this point, I don't want to ruin it and then be disappointed by reading it!

Have a great weekend girl! Easter plans with the grandBabe??
Old 04-18-2014, 06:13 AM   #1281

I think I remember you were hosting, right?
Old 04-18-2014, 06:33 AM   #1282
Senior LCF Member

Hey Daisy have a great Easter weekend.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:45 AM   #1283
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just put an experiment together - cauliflower roasted til almost burnt and started going through the fridge for leftover veggies. Ended up with too much to put in a baking dish, so added to the filled crock pot with:

Cream cheese
Ham
Asparagus
Leeks
Mushroom
Onion
Garlic paste
Smoked Gouda

I'll add the cauliflower at the end since it's pretty soft.

I'm going to make 5-6 very generous servings - probably something will nibble on as lunch and snack during afternoon - this is a LOT of food. I think it should freeze pretty well - at least I hope so.

368 calories
11 carbs (high for a single dish but it's mostly fibrous veggies only, but my breakfast is zero carb and I can keep dinner conservative)
26 fat
22 protein
Yummy yummy!
Old 04-19-2014, 04:56 AM   #1284
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks girls! Happy Easter to everyone! I am hosting!

I hung out with DD2 and Spud yesterday shopping at the outlet mall. Lorenzo bought a bunch of work and party dresses from Banana. I bought a cute little yellow clutch from Coach to bring to Jamaica.

I have not fallen off of the wagon, but have not had the stringency I might need with this woe.

I'm always thinking ahead and validate everything with projecting. First it was end of tax season, now it's after vacation.

Plan:
  • When back from vacay (see??) I'm ordering both the DE and a blood meter. I need boundaries with my tracking. And the DE just sounds like a woundrous experiment.
  • While in Jamaica, my original plan of eating a great breakfast, skipping lunch, and having a beautiful dinner of fish and veggies will stay. The difference is I'm skipping any desserts. I mean, I won't need them, they never are as amazing as they look, and I can either finish my wine while Pup is indulging or have an espresso. Yes.
  • I know there's a gym at the resort, but I also know how vacation is. I'm bringing my shoes anyway. The beach looks fantastic so there'll be many many walks. A little gym time would be wonderful though.
  • Water. OMGoodness - water.
  • Drinking - what will I do about the drinking? I'm a lover of cocktails in the sun while reading and relaxing. Drinks! I'm not going to worry right at this moment.
Today is Saturday. I'm erranding, getting peds with Pup (he loves getting them - he's so crazy), and going to the gym. A good day!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:10 AM   #1285
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you have it all worked out. Have fun this weekend.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:16 AM   #1286
Major LCF Poster!

I should add that I am still on track. There has been NO BINGEING. What I am not paying attention diligently to is macros. The carb macro has creeped up to 8 and 9 percent. One day 10 percent. Fat isn't where it should be either. But overall there has been no major carb-outs. I feel good and non-shaky in this regard.

I am simply feeling like I need further monitoring. Keep directly in my lane.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:51 AM   #1287

Where are you staying in Jamaica?? I too have told myself I need to pack my gym shoes to maybe workout a bit while gone! I have thought about eating a bit. NOt sure how to handle that. Our resort is all inclusive, so drinking will be happening too! DECISIONS!
Old 04-22-2014, 01:53 AM   #1288
Major LCF Poster!

Monica - we're at an all inclusive as well. In Negril!

I decided no gym shoes. But that beach was made for walking.

I'll see everyone when I get back next week!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:53 AM   #1289

Have a great time girl! I can't wait to hear all about it. What's the resort called???
Old 04-29-2014, 06:01 AM   #1290

When do you return? I'm thinking it is tomorrow. Hope to see you then! Can't wait to hear all the details