Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 06:02 AM   #1231
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
I like to share, but let's not make this the start of something. We need to throw all of the pounds off of a bridge or something. Put them all in a bag and toss.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2014, 06:17 AM   #1232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/182/135 (26-Jul)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Let's leave the pounds in the Main Lobby!
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #1233
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post

Oh joy! Who knew that two little pounds could make me so happy?

But I am.

The weekend was great. Hit the gym, got some cleaning done, errands, even cooked last night. A success all around.
You rocked it, girl!

(I love the little jumpin' scale smiley. Very cute!)
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:15 AM   #1234
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you little Miss T!
Old 04-08-2014, 03:33 AM   #1235
Major LCF Poster!

Don't Tell on Me . . .

. . . but I can't stop weighing every day. I'm graphing it. It's kinda fascinating. I think I'll post my weight month to month. Which would technically be today now that I think about it. It's been one month since I started. 9 pounds gone as of today. Kinda slow considering the girth of my butt, but progress just the same.

I shouldn't say things like that. I believe that you get what you put out there. I've been toying with trying meditation. I can't grasp the concept, but I want that peace that seems to come from it.

This is one reason where weighing all the time might be helpful. Although I adjust the weight on that graphing account only when it changes. So when it doesn't I leave it. I find it interesting and helpful to see that even though my weight has kinda been all over the place, the actual trend is downward and staying on my (rather) aggressive goal of 2 pounds per week.

That does make me happy!

But here on LCF I'm only updating my stats on Mondays. Up or down. Accountability!

Today's Plan
  • busy office day. Poor Pup - I watch the Spud as I've said and he really could have used me at The Firm yesterday to process some returns.
  • going to the gym after coming home and letting George (dog) out. No more mess ups George!
  • hair apointment first thing this morning before the office. This hair is time consuming. I don't think I'm quite ready to just let it be grey. Am I? . . . no, not yet.
  • oh dear, I do not have my eating plan in place for today yet. it will be lunch out with Pup (that's easy for me - good choices are easy), but I need something for supper. Think girl! Take something out of the freezer although eggs are always right and delicious. btw - do any of you guys buy Kerrygold Butter? OMgoodness. Fantastically good.
Okay, I'm on this for now.

Get your groove thing!

Last edited by DaisyGG; 04-08-2014 at 03:35 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 AM   #1236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your blog is such a great way to start the day!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #1237

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
hair apointment first thing this morning before the office. This hair is time consuming. I don't think I'm quite ready to just let it be grey. Am I? . . . no, not yet.
I am so with you girl! My Mom just turned 68. She colors her hair. The way I see it, I will color till she stops (so thus far I have to do it till I am 68 which is 25 years from now). Mine isn't AWFUL, but around my temples, the gray shows up more and more quickly!

You always make me smile girl! THANK YOU FOR THAT!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:29 AM   #1238
Major LCF Poster!

You girls are very sweet to say that.

Monica, you and Sandra are such young uns! I'm really not that much younger than your momma! Gah! lolol Oh the lovely 50s!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:06 AM   #1239
Major LCF Poster!

I came in earlier to write an update and then backed out uninspired! WTheck anyway!

I have insomnia. Forever it seems. Just when I think it's getting better it derails me and I'm up at 3:30. yuck

I told T that I'm just going to start going to the gym because why not? The problem with insomnia is in the evening - and I mean around 7:00! - I'm dead tired! I got home yesterday around 5, did a few things, no interest in making supper for myself so I ate protein powder mixed with heavy cream and cinnamon (it's good T) and that was that. Calories were way too low even for my never-needing-calories body. I might just need some real food! Luckily I had a fantastic salad at noon with good fats, grilled chicken, and lovely greens.

so . . .

I am getting my gym stuff ready now for tomorrow morning. It's hard to force your butt to the gym when you've slept around four hours for the past five or six nights. I don't know, I should just embrace this is how I am and change up things? Like getting to the gym early? It's worth a shot.

It is going to hit 70 here today. The only snow left in the yard is a few totally shaded spots. Ground still frozen solid. I never get out in the yard until after our end-of-tax-season trip so end of April I'll start beautifying the yard. Because if y'all could see you'd say, "Girl! You are a mess!" And what a good workout yard work is.

I'm eyeballing our fire pit as well. I am kicking myself for not RUNNING to Target last fall for the Adirondack chairs they had on clearance. Bah! Regret! I haven't even seen them in the store this year as of yet. I love an Adirondack around a fire.

Although little benches would be more perfect. I'll think on this.

Speaking of thinking . . . I have memory issues. The family jokes about my memory. But I've had a couple of alarming lapses of late.

Last week I boiled eggs, pulled them out of the water, turned the gas stove knob in the wrong direction, to LOW, and left it on. Thought I had turned it off. I've owned this stove for six years so I think I know how it works. Luckily I was home all day and noticed it when all the water was gone.

Then on another day I made coffee and forgot to place the carafe on the hotplate. Yup, coffee all over everywhere. Even pooled in the cupboard.

I have made appointments and totally forgotten about them. Somehow they didn't get in my calendar.

I'm thinking I will call my new doc and discuss. Both the forever insomnia (which he thought would improve) and the forgetfulness.

Thanks for listening to this confession! I'm even starting to get sensitive about my memory. I have one daughter that literally rolls her eyes (she thinks I don't notice :/ ) when I repeat. I don't want to stop talking! But I'm annoying myself so how can I not expect this to annoy others.

I'm trying to not get alarmed by any of this.

Plan for Day:
  • take notes!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:42 AM   #1240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Unless you're in your 80's, my mom has a few years on you.

Re: mental, I've had that forever. I'm the one who cannot find keys, leaves the refrigerator door open, starts one thing and skips to another. I've attributed it to minor ADD. It's an annoyance to everyone around me. Even Lindsey is starting to comment on it - "Mommy, you forget everything" I've pretty much given up and am trying to just simplify my life so I don't have to worry about as many details. Everything is on auto-pay, maybe I can get to "auto-feed" and "auto-exercise".

Worse than forgetful for me is chronic procrastination...

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Psssst...Nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:47 AM   #1241
Major LCF Poster!

I feel better now!

I have minor ADD too! How crazy is that? And mild dyslexia. What a mess! lol

I seriously do feel better. No more wallowing.

That is so funny that your daughter is noticing it at her age!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:50 AM   #1242

Quote:
I'm eyeballing our fire pit as well. I am kicking myself for not RUNNING to Target last fall for the Adirondack chairs they had on clearance. Bah! Regret! I haven't even seen them in the store this year as of yet. I love an Adirondack around a fire.
We have a fire pit and we LOVE IT! I ordered a super fancy one for DH for Christmas as our cheapo one was burning through we used it so much. We have the zero gravity recliner chairs we use by it! LOVE IT!!!

I was going to suggest notes. I have notes everywhere or I wouldn't get anything done. I also LIVE and DIE by my outlook calendar. It is on my desktop at work AND synced to my phone. LOVE IT! I set reminders on it and everything.

Have you ever taken anything for the insomnia? I can suggest Melatonin, Calm Forte, there is also a spray. I don't remember the name of it. All 3 are organic. Just a thought.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
Old 04-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #1243

Quote:
I told T that I'm just going to start going to the gym because why not? The problem with insomnia is in the evening - and I mean around 7:00! - I'm dead tired! I got home yesterday around 5, did a few things, no interest in making supper for myself so I ate protein powder mixed with heavy cream and cinnamon (it's good T) and that was that. Calories were way too low even for my never-needing-calories body. I might just need some real food! Luckily I had a fantastic salad at noon with good fats, grilled chicken, and lovely greens.

The PP, HC and cinnamon sounds yummy! And filling. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry (or too tired to cook) that nails it and I'm good to go.
so . . .

I am getting my gym stuff ready now for tomorrow morning. It's hard to force your butt to the gym when you've slept around four hours for the past five or six nights. I don't know, I should just embrace this is how I am and change up things? Like getting to the gym early? It's worth a shot.

It will be interesting to see how the early gym thing works out for you and what effect it may have on your insomnia.

It is going to hit 70 here today. The only snow left in the yard is a few totally shaded spots. Ground still frozen solid. I never get out in the yard until after our end-of-tax-season trip so end of April I'll start beautifying the yard. Because if y'all could see you'd say, "Girl! You are a mess!" And what a good workout yard work is.

Although little benches would be more perfect. I'll think on this.
Our Home Depot had the Adirondacks for like $39.00 about a month ago. They were not the highest quality wood, etc., but they'd easily last a season, maybe two. Very nice and comfy. I wanted them for our patio/fire pit too! The perfect chair for this. Might want to check your HD to see if they have them there and if you like them before deciding on the benches. Adi's are more comfortable IMHO.

As for the forgetfulness, we were just discussing this in court yesterday before court started, waiting for the judge to come out of chambers, and I was saying that I'm tired of losing my keys mostly, but I'm bad to lose lots of other things as well. It's horrible! Supposedly there's this little app called The Tile App (?) or something that you program with your keys and it works like a GPS to help you find them. An attorney was telling me about this. I don't know the full scoop. But it runs around $20 and I'm going to look into it.

I am trying very hard to write things down in a daily calendar, esp appointments, tasks that need accomplished that day, etc. I must, else it just evaporates out of my brain. I'm comforted to know it's not just me.

Working my lunch hour on a few things before court starts back. Gotta "git" ... later on...

Enjoy those MAH-vuh-lus temps!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:46 AM   #1244
Major LCF Poster!

I'm comforted by everyone's experience about the forgetfulness as well. My biggest worry (who knows why) is that I'll lose my mind.

I'll have to check out the Home Depot. There is one right by the office!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:56 AM   #1245
Major LCF Poster!

Pup isn't feeling good. He has had a sore throat for a few days and now is congested. I only mention it because he is in the home stretch and these last few days are going to be so busy. He is strong like bull so he'll be fine the poor dear.

On that plus side, yet another new client is coming in today. A new client from my marketing efforts. I did a mailing to new movers (to the area) and we got a bite. Direct mail response is always a low number, so to have movement is very exciting for me! I bought lists for a year so we'll see how it goes. I also targeted businesses of a certain size in the area. It would be GREAT to get a few more monthly clients.

I'm a dork and designed a wheel cover for my Wrangler (Jeep) with our logo, website, and phone number. I don't think we've had any bites on that yet. I believe my SIL thinks me crazy, but what the heck yes? Anytime anyone is stuck behind me they see our lovely logo (designed by me!) and they just might jot our number down.

Oh I can go on and on . . .

On the diet-front: Feeling good and strong. I organized a kitchen cabinet and found Pup's chips. No desire to grab a bag and sit down with some sour cream. None! Fantastic feeling. Eating is directly on course and I haven't had lapses. I stopped counting my Vs, but it's been a LONG time since a binge. Sometimes I open the fridge out of old habit and then realize that nothing really excites me. Okay!

Kiss me like you love me. Heh!

Last edited by DaisyGG; 04-10-2014 at 05:59 AM..
Old 04-10-2014, 06:04 AM   #1246
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I was going to suggest notes. I have notes everywhere or I wouldn't get anything done. I also LIVE and DIE by my outlook calendar. It is on my desktop at work AND synced to my phone. LOVE IT! I set reminders on it and everything.

Have you ever taken anything for the insomnia? I can suggest Melatonin, Calm Forte, there is also a spray. I don't remember the name of it. All 3 are organic. Just a thought.
I have a google calendar that I linked to my phone. I agree! It's fantastic! Sometimes I forget to enter an appointment. :/

It might be time to revisit some of your insomnia suggestions. Something should be able to help me. I've heard that Keto can mess with stuff in the beginning. Ugh?
Old 04-10-2014, 06:46 AM   #1247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Daisy - I'm wondering how much the NK will help with the mental forgetfulness. I'm hoping as it is mentioned for several other neurological. If you find a good article, let me know.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #1248

How did you sleep last night? It can't hurt to try one of those herbal things!
Old 04-11-2014, 02:42 AM   #1249

Quote:
Pup isn't feeling good.....On that plus side, yet another new client is coming in today, a new client from my marketing efforts.... I'm a dork and designed a wheel cover for my Wrangler (Jeep) with our logo, website, and phone number..... Anytime anyone is stuck behind me they see our lovely logo (designed by me!) and they just might jot our number down.
Oh I can go on and on . . .

On the diet-front: Feeling good and strong. I organized a kitchen cabinet and found Pup's chips. No desire to grab a bag and sit down with some sour cream. None! Fantastic feeling. Eating is directly on course and I haven't had lapses. I stopped counting my Vs, but it's been a LONG time since a binge. Sometimes I open the fridge out of old habit and then realize that nothing really excites me. Okay!

Kiss me like you love me. Heh!

Feeling good and strong!!!!!! Sweet! So happy for you, woman! Keep this momentum right through the weekend!

I was thinking of you yesterday morning at the gym... did you feel my vibes???
(I'm convinced that people sometimes know when you're thinking of them...that whole extrasensory energy thing.)

Sorry about Pup not feeling well at this crucial time for him when he needs his best energy.
It will be over soon and you guys can go get your R&R? (I'm jealous. Just sayin')

Great news on the added client, and way to go on that savvy marketing of yours!
Perfect idea for the wheel cover. And especially on Ruby! I know she's proud!

Rock your Friday, girl. You get a big V!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 04-11-2014 at 02:45 AM..
Old 04-11-2014, 04:46 AM   #1250
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you T! I am feeling sooooo good, but I do follow the Hazelden philosophy (where I worked in creative/marketing for many years) of One Day at a Time. I never want to get cocky because that's when crap can hit that waiting fan. My fan is turned off, but it is sitting there. I want it to rust and become unusable! hehehe

Monica - last night I slept (according to my Fitbit) over 6 hours! That is great for me. I am feeling good this morning.

I keep wondering if I should get a blood ketone monitor. I'm thinking on this one.

I'm not as noticing of Ketone urine smells or breath, but I do know our bodies will adjust fairly quickly to odors and I may still be stinky, but don't notice any longer. That's not good yes?

Now that I'm in my 5th week of this my observations are:
  • slow weight loss, but loss.
  • mood swings have leveled considerably.
  • as mentioned previously, joint pain greatly diminished.
  • still waiting for mental clarity; although to be honest from the sounds of it, and from listening to you guys, I'm no worse or better than anyone else. I'll continue to monitor this. If I remember.
  • this is a little TMI, but I had heard that constipation could be a problem on this protocol, but I've had none of that. Yay!
  • Keto flu is horrible. Sometimes just that is enough for me to keep the faith baby.

Sandra - I'm going to research this morning if there is a link between NK and mental acuity. I'd love to see ANYTHING backing this up.

Plan for Weekend

Four club tickets to see the Minnesota Twins fell in our lap so we're going tonight with Shelley-Belly and her hubs. I am going to suss around for the best eats option at the game because you have to eat at the ballpark, but it doesn't have to be a hotdog. I know they have bourbon there too so I just might have bourbon and soda! Mmmm! I dug out all my Twins stuff and will be decked out. I'm excited to see my new boyfriend!

Just in case you wanted to gaze on his loveliness.

Rats, I should not have read his Wikipedia page, he was born the year after Lorenzo. I'm going to pretend I never saw that.

Okay peeps, kick it like a soccer player!
Old 04-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #1251

Enjoy the game tonight girl! He is a HOTTIE!~!!!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:00 AM   #1252
Major LCF Poster!

That's downtown Minneapolis in the background. This stadium is beyond lovely.

Gorgeous night for a baseball game. We won, we hung with good friends, I drank two bourbons, ate on plan even at the game, walked a thousand miles (maybe? - ha!), so fun!

We knew the tickets were good, but they were actually VIP. Seriously good seats. With an indoor area with fireplaces, real bars with real liquor so I could have my Makers Mark, and servers that would come to your seats and take orders. Heavenly.

This is the first time I've had any alcohol since starting Keto. I'm a lightweight when it comes to drinking (the only thing I'm a lightweight at) and I had two Makers/sodas which isn't all that much. And it was in a 3.5 hour timespan.

But I'm hungover this morning! Ack. And I was drinking water!

I'll survive.

I feel good about the whole week. The weekend stretches out in front of me and it's going to be too.

How's my peeps?
Old 04-12-2014, 06:26 AM   #1253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've read that keto-adapted people have terrible hangovers...

Glad you had a good week. I'm busy nursing a back injury - what's up with this getting injured? Oh yes, I got off the couch.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #1254

Your Friday evening sounded DIVINE. What fun! I could almost hear and it and smell it ... as you can imagine baseball lovers would.

Cutie indeed. Did you take pics of him? Telephoto? It's okay. You can admit to this.

You and I had the same thing in mind apparently...whoooooaaaaa, steady, girl, steady.....! What did you mix MM with, what kind of soda? Inquiring minds.

You're gonna have a fantastically successful weekend. I just know it!

Old 04-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #1255
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarr View Post
I've read that keto-adapted people have terrible hangovers...

Glad you had a good week. I'm busy nursing a back injury - what's up with this getting injured? Oh yes, I got off the couch.
Oh I hope your back feels better soon!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:57 AM   #1256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
What a great night. That picture looks like here in Cincinnati when Paul McCartney came to town. He played at our ball field. Hope you had one heck of a good night.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:33 AM   #1257
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
You and I had the same thing in mind apparently...whoooooaaaaa, steady, girl, steady.....! What did you mix MM with, what kind of soda? Inquiring minds.
At first I wasn't clear what you meant by soda, but then I remembered that nearly the WHOLE country calls soft drinks "soda" and only here in the nort country (we're dorky) are soft drinks called "pop." So when I say bourbon/soda, I mean bourbon/club soda. With a lemon. No carbs - only calories. And delicious!

Old 04-13-2014, 06:34 AM   #1258
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
What a great night. That picture looks like here in Cincinnati when Paul McCartney came to town. He played at our ball field. Hope you had one heck of a good night.
Paul McCartney! ::thud and ::
Old 04-14-2014, 02:07 AM   #1259

Quote:
At first I wasn't clear what you meant by soda, but then I remembered that nearly the WHOLE country calls soft drinks "soda" and only here in the nort country (we're dorky) are soft drinks called "pop." So when I say bourbon/soda, I mean bourbon/club soda. With a lemon. No carbs - only calories. And delicious!

You're right, most of the country DOES call soft drinks soda. But we don't either. We call it pop here too. I think that's why I needed clarification.

(That bunny is adorable)

Speaking of bunnies, I have this cute little bunny planter that over the years has faded -- it's like pottery -- and has become a bit ugly. I spent all afternoon cleaning our back screened porch -- great workout, lots of moving heavy furniture off then back on again, mopping, scrubbing, etc. So I saw that faded bunny planter and thought about tossing it out, and then had a better idea. Spray painted it brilliant silver first, then painted over it with antiquing stain/glaze and wiped it off. It now looks like aged metal. AWESOME.

New life for my bunny! Better than ever. And my porch is all shiny and clean, polished and inviting. I wanted to sleep out there last night.

Hope your Sunday was enjoyable.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:22 AM   #1260
Major LCF Poster!

T - you have a back screened porch as well? That's so nice. The bunny planter sounds like it turned out fantastic!