Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 04:20 AM   #1171
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14

Yesterday's macros and calories. Yes, low on protein. I won't die from one day of low protein. It's not like I'm crushing anything at the weight bench or running any marathons. We're still traipsing through ice around here. The carbs are from popcorn. I had popcorn. And was a pound down this morning. Okay!

Day 21 here. I am confident I'll be getting through without bingeing so I am counting my 21st V before it's hatched.

This week was vanilla. I'm not a fan of vanilla. I prefer cinnamon. Are those two comparable? Hmm . . . I'll have to think about that for a minute.

But I made it through. Not that I was tempted, but food rather bored me this week. Which isn't really my MO. Food never bores me. And, frankly, I'm ashamed to even write that out loud because I believe only boring people get bored. So I don't know what to say about that. I didn't feel much compulsion to cook or find any wondrous thing to make. So I ate weird things. We eat out so much that I may be getting beyond lazy. I'll snap out of it! (Cue my Cher-voice from Moonstruck.)

I listened partway through a Jimmy Moore podcast where he had an Ask the Expert on. I forget the expert's name (and am a bit lazy once again) but after about halfway through the listen the expert's smug and verbiage had me wanting to slap his face. And, frankly, the conviction that this might be the only thing that could possibly work (keto) and how, as women, we may have so completely f^C%ed up our metabolism that we may never be able to lose weight to our satisfaction. "What bu!!shite," my mind cried. The heart started sobbing. WTH? I pretend to be a geek, but I'm not. I'm half-geeky, but too ADHD to truly comprehend this science. And the science pisses me off a little bit.

Oooooh! A rant! I didn't even know it was a comin'.

Weekly Learning
  • maybe this is a new stage of keto - disinterest and disillusion.
  • I fear my body is releasing estrogen like a muvafocker.
  • I may be going through a crisis.
  • can ketones mess with your brain?
  • 8 pounds have left me and I will hang on to that.
Not too impressive. I'm like Charlie Brown's Pigpen this morning. What a little ray of sunshine!

Last edited by DaisyGG; 03-29-2014 at 04:23 AM..
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2014, 04:33 AM   #1172
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
But now I have Sleep Machine app on my iPhone, and I think I like it even more. You can mix it up and make your own symphony of noise, and I like to mix wind and ocean together. Do you know about this app? I use this sometimes at work on my lunch hour to drown out the ambient noise outside my office door while I take a power nap.
I have a Samsung Note, but I should poke around. I bet there's something for the android!

Quote:
During that time, try to keep active, get the cardio in, weights too if you can, and just keep a steady consistent exercise schedule. Nothing too rigorous. Starting there, and then see what happens. If that doesn’t break the stall, there are several other ways to shake it up.
Yes, this makes sense. The calorie portion makes sense as well. I'm always fearful of both the calorie and the carb. FEAR! It sucks.

Quote:
Going to the gym with Pup … (sigh) … awesome! Give that man a high five for me, would you, please?
Full disclosure here - Pup came home before Spud left and really really truly wanted to go to a movie and take a break. I took pity on the poor man and didn't push the gym. So I had popcorn. And it was delicious.

I'll get him there at least once this weekend. I am being confident. We'll see!
Old 03-30-2014, 04:43 AM   #1173
Major LCF Poster!

Somebody come play with me! It's lonely here.

Okay - weekend so far - it's Sunday morning and I'm clutching my mug of coffee like a survivor.

For the first time I felt very shaky yesterday regarding wanting "something" as I always call it. Pup and I had gone to a movie Friday night and I had popcorn. Which raises blood sugar.

Saturday I worked all day at The Firm and came home to George having accidents in The Big Room for the second time this week. Oye vey. Cleaned all that up. Yuck. and yuck.

Pup came home and we actually suited up and went to the GYM! Oh joy oh rapture.

When we came home I was prowling around. Looking for that "something" so rather than eating Pup's ice cream (which I begged him to EAT please and get it out of the house) I made popcorn. So popcorn two nights in a row. I'm fairly certain this is why I had the urge at all. Popcorn really isn't the best choice. I know Mark Sisson had a rather convincing post a while back that it's perfectly fine if done in moderation (guess I blew that!), but I think it puts me back in thinking of treat mode. Blech.

I am a bit OCD and always think that a waver in plan means epic failure. It's not true Daisy. Get a hold of yourself. You've just finished up 21 days of no bingeing. Put that in your OCD mind for the cryin' out loud. SIGH!

Beeeotch and complain much??

So . . . here's to Sunday. I'm meeting my girlfriend finally to get our nails done as it got postponed because I had to watch Spud an extra day. That will make me feel better. I love my Shelley-Belly - she weighs about 100 pounds soaking wet and has never had an overweight day in her life. But she does not work out and smokes. She readily admits she is skinny-fat and I love her so. All of us 50-something women have our stories. Hers is hard. Harder than I have ever had and it makes me feel close to her.

Sidebar thought about Shelley-Belly - she can remove her bra right at a table of people. It's the most amazing thing I've ever witnessed. No one, and I mean NO ONE, knows she's doing it. I only know because I've watched it a couple of times in amazement. She hates bras! I hate not wearing a bra. The difference between boobies and no boobies. I have always thought it would be great to have little, tiny, bouncy boobies. The kind where bra is optional. Boobs are not always best.

Ramble much?

Get on it girl.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #1174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/184.6/135 (18-Jul)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
I love your rambling, you're as entertaining as Garrison Keeler or Dave Barry, maybe even a little bit of Bombeck.

I want tiny girls that don't need a bra - that would be awesome. I've worn a bra since 5th grade and sagged since college. I will have 2 empty banana peels when I hit goal. I'm seriously thinking about a boob lift when this is all done. It's totally gratuitous, but I think I want perkies for my Nixon campaign tee shirt without a bra. My bad!

See what you get for inviting your readers to post...

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Psssst...Nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels!
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #1175
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarr View Post
I love your rambling, you're as entertaining as Garrison Keeler or Dave Barry, maybe even a little bit of Bombeck.

I want tiny girls that don't need a bra - that would be awesome. I've worn a bra since 5th grade and sagged since college. I will have 2 empty banana peels when I hit goal. I'm seriously thinking about a boob lift when this is all done. It's totally gratuitous, but I think I want perkies for my Nixon campaign tee shirt without a bra. My bad!

See what you get for inviting your readers to post...
Aaaaaahahaha! I am laughing out loud - so loud! lolol

I've had a bra since 4th grade! Big boobies start early for us girls. I distinctly remember getting a jingle-jump (foot jump rope type thingy) and a bra on the same day. Sheesh!

I stare at my boobies with my arms lifted and think the same as you - it's not going to be pretty.

I do not believe it would be gratuitous! And I'm certain Nixon would approve.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #1176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I promise - if I get a boob lift and have perky girls, I'll make sure and take an unencumbered Nixon picture and post it on your journal! Hell, if I get perkies, I'll probably be showing people in the food co-op.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:09 AM   #1177
Major LCF Poster!

Weekend Checkin

Well?

Up 2 pounds this morning.

Now, here's what I do in cases like this. I start overanalyzing and berating and woulda-shoulda-couldaing myself until I want to scream.

Popcorn. I worried about that fleeeeping popcorn all weekend. Okay! You had popcorn not once, but twice. The popcorn stopped you from having worse or more.

I'm going to have to set it and forget it. And come up with something real for when we go to the movies. Or skip movies for a few weeks. Maybe by then I'll come up with something else I could have while watching previews.

Okay - the pluses:
  • even though we worked all day Saturday, Pup and I went to the gym Saturday night. It felt good and there were way more people there than I would have imagined on a Saturday night. Worked up a nice sweat.
  • on the treadmill my bad knee started bothering me a bit - maybe because of popcorn? Inflammation! Grr and arg. So I moved my chunky-monkee arse to the bike. Nice play!
  • went for nice walk with George yesterday. He was happy and wore out quickly. I'm glad we did because there's snow on the way. That's okay! April snow lasts a minute.
  • ate on plan very nicely otherwise. And this is with eating out twice yesterday. Shelley-Belly and I got our nails done (mine are grey! love!!) and then we had breakfast because we couldn't have possibly gotten enough talking in at the salon during the hour we were there. Ha!
It was lovely yesterday. I had all the doors open and aired out the house. If I took a photo of how actually ugly everything is looking outside you'd think I've lost my mind, but spring is at least smelling wonderful. And I saw buds on a tree when we were at Target. I even Instagramed the buds because I'm dorky like that. And I have the most boring Instagram account in all of Instagramdom.

Okay - I'm keeping on today. I'm drinking my Smartwater and working on my macros. I watch Spud today and during his nap I'm cleaning my office. That will be a workout all on its own.

Peace out my LCFs.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:11 AM   #1178
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I promise - if I get a boob lift and have perky girls, I'll make sure and take an unencumbered Nixon picture and post it on your journal! Hell, if I get perkies, I'll probably be showing people in the food co-op.
Yes!! Let's do selfies! Make everyone look! I'm loving that idea! The co-op will applaud you and your perkies. Ha!

This is a good thought though . . . we need some sort of goal reward. Let's think on this . . .
Old 03-31-2014, 06:11 AM   #1179
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
You always make me laugh! I think I want to get my nails done with you and your friend! I bet we would all laugh so much our sides would hurt!
Sounds like you had a good weekend. Don't fret the 2, they will be gone soon!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:18 AM   #1180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're doing fine and you can do your countdown to Jamaica...

Good job on the exercise - I think I'm going to start viewing exercise as diet karma - maybe doesn't pay off when you do it, but you might be able to cash in your karma later. I need some good karma.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:31 AM   #1181

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Well?

Up 2 pounds this morning.

Now, here's what I do in cases like this. I start overanalyzing and berating and woulda-shoulda-couldaing myself until I want to scream.

Exactly...The Little Engine That Could Have

I'm not sure why we do this, but we gotta try very hard not to, don't we?

Popcorn. I worried about that fleeeeping popcorn all weekend. Okay! You had popcorn not once, but twice. The popcorn stopped you from having worse or more.

I'm going to have to set it and forget it. And come up with something real for when we go to the movies. Or skip movies for a few weeks. Maybe by then I'll come up with something else I could have while watching previews.

It could be that your body is retaining fluid from the salt and carbs from the popcorn, but very likely not a true gain. As for options, have you considered roasted almonds? I love roasting my own -- no salt, just to a toasty-roasty flavor, then store them. I take almonds with me EVERYWHERE. You could even take a little slice of cheese. Nibble the almonds...little teeny nibbles...make them last till the credits go buzzing by!

...even though we worked all day Saturday, Pup and I went to the gym Saturday night. It felt good and there were way more people there than I would have imagined on a Saturday night. Worked up a nice sweat.

...on the treadmill my bad knee started bothering me a bit - maybe because of popcorn? Inflammation! Grr and arg. So I moved my chunky-monkee arse to the bike. Nice play...

It's possible that building your quads will help to alleviate and prevent future knee pain. That's what happened with me. Try doing step ups today while Spud is sleeping. Brace a chair against a sofa or table for extra stability, and try stepping up on the same leg (without holding on) 10 x; repeat opposite leg; rest one minute; repeat sequence 3 x. As you get stronger, hold DB's for this exercise. Dust the office during your rests.

...got our nails done (mine are grey! love!!)

It was lovely yesterday. I had all the doors open and aired out the house. If I took a photo of how actually ugly everything is looking outside you'd think I've lost my mind, but spring is at least smelling wonderful. And I saw buds on a tree when we were at Target. I even Instagramed the buds because I'm dorky like that. And I have the most boring Instagram account in all of Instagramdom.

I don't do Instagram; I'm covered up enough as it is with Tumblr and Pinterest. I love getting lost by way of all those fascinating images. I'm tempted to close my FB account, but the jury is out on that one. There's something about that whole concept that really bugs me for some reason.
By the way, I love Sbarr's truism in her siggy ... Don't worry about momentary cheats or stumbles, focus on succeeding in the long run. Always keep your eye on the target and if you stumble, get back up and stay in the race. Great advice and mindset.

Let's make ourselves a V-Day!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 03-31-2014 at 06:34 AM..
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:02 AM   #1182
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
You always make me laugh! I think I want to get my nails done with you and your friend! I bet we would all laugh so much our sides would hurt!
Sounds like you had a good weekend. Don't fret the 2, they will be gone soon!
I made special effort to not be too loud, but we're so hilarious (in our minds) that EVERYONE has to listen. I'm teasin' here and it was fun! But nails are good!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #1183
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You're doing fine and you can do your countdown to Jamaica...

Good job on the exercise - I think I'm going to start viewing exercise as diet karma - maybe doesn't pay off when you do it, but you might be able to cash in your karma later. I need some good karma.
I will put in my karma-bank. You just never know when you'll need a stash. Was that Jamaica-speak?? Heh.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:06 AM   #1184
Major LCF Poster!

tPretty - My FB account is boring me too! I love following certain brands, but I'm kinda over it. You're feeling the same! So much oye vexing and crabbing. Yuck. Instagram is kinda fun, but it will get old as well.

I'm with you on Pinterest. I love Pinterest. No pressure. Just lovely stuff. Whatever I want to look at. I feel that way about my Houzz account too. I poke around on Tumblr on occasion. I started an account just so I can place hold spiffy stuff.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:40 AM   #1185
Major LCF Poster!

Okay - blech and arg.

Can I just say that I do not want to crab, but it snowed a bit here last night. Yuck. Just enough to make icy roads and I have a 9:30 appointment across town. Slip and slide. Yuck! I say again.

Baseball opener yesterday.

I will be watching just to look at this guy. Yes, I am that girl. Bite me.

It will be a painful season, but our ballpark is fantastic and I love watching baseball. Swoonski!

Spud and I watched the game yesterday. Gigi got him a jersey. Ha!

So . . .

Can you tell I'm ignoring yesterday? Yes, let's just do that except to say I prevented a binge. I was wanting one, but it didn't happen. I overate a bit, but no binge. No sugar-craziness. But crap man, this is blech.

Okay, get back on it. Shaddup and pull up those knickers. Make them pretty ones.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:49 AM   #1186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice visual....all, I can say is I'd let him stay for breakfast.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:05 AM   #1187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Oh yea baby!
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:10 AM   #1188
Major LCF Poster!

I know! Isn't he pretty? Baseball players have the best bodies IMHO. Just sayin'.

His hair has its own Twitter account which makes me laugh pretty hard.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:36 AM   #1189

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
He is a HOTTIE! Daisy, you avoided a BINGE that is HUGE! Way to go girl! I am so proud of you! We must meet up and get our nails done. Heck, let's just rent out the facility so NO ONE can comment on how loud we are!!!!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:49 AM   #1190
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
He is a HOTTIE! Daisy, you avoided a BINGE that is HUGE! Way to go girl! I am so proud of you! We must meet up and get our nails done. Heck, let's just rent out the facility so NO ONE can comment on how loud we are!!!!!!!!!!!
That would be a blast wouldn't it? Thanks for the binge-talking! I'm happy it didn't happen.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #1191
Major LCF Poster!

Anti-Aging Doctor Followup

I had my 6 week followup visit a little bit ago.

Overall I'm on track. He said it's really hard to totally irradiate hot flashes, but he seemed encouraged that they had improved so much. I still get them, but now once or twice a day and they are much much less intrusive into my day.

We discuss Keto and he said it's a good thing, but that it sounds like I'm not getting enough protein. I'm going to adjust what I'm doing to get more in. I noticed at the gym the other day that I couldn't do what I had just done the week before. He said to up it, but wants me to call him with my discoveries.

I'm to lower the amount of testosterone cream. From three times a week to twice a week.

He wants me to come back in three months for another followup.

I think that's it.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #1192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awesome to have a doctor that you can discuss ketosis and macronutrients.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #1193

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
I had my 6 week followup visit a little bit ago.

Overall I'm on track. He said it's really hard to totally irradiate hot flashes, but he seemed encouraged that they had improved so much. I still get them, but now once or twice a day and they are much much less intrusive into my day.

We discuss Keto and he said it's a good thing, but that it sounds like I'm not getting enough protein. I'm going to adjust what I'm doing to get more in. I noticed at the gym the other day that I couldn't do what I had just done the week before. He said to up it, but wants me to call him with my discoveries.

I'm to lower the amount of testosterone cream. From three times a week to twice a week. Hmmm.

When you posted your pie chart the other day, that was one of the flags that jumped out at me, but given that you're doing keto, I didn't mention anything to you. I'm glad HE did.

You didn't mention if he preferred a specific source, but keep in mind that fish is high in protein and low in calories, so that helps to add the protein without adding more calories, if cals are something you're trying to control.

Also, I know I've worn this out, but I'm tellin ya what, Trutein Whey Protein rocks. Okay? It just does. I cannot live without the stuff. Happy that Netrition sells it.

Just now I finished eating lunch, and I had 3 oz of chicken breast and 5 oz of green beans. I was short on calories and didn't have any more greens with me, so I figured I'd fill in a bit with fat and protein, trying not to go over 30% in fat. I keep a little bowl at the office for my "pudding" treats, and so I added two rounded Tbs's of chocolate Trutein and one tsp of coconut oil. I dispensed a shot of hot water from our dispenser and then stirred until it was choclately-creamy-rich goodness -- think cake icing? It tastes shockingly sinful. It not only hit the spot for my sweet tooth, it upped my cals and protein a bit more and rounded out my meal (I shoot for about 300-350 cals per meal) without adding too many carbs. I shamelessly lick the bowl clean every time.

I noticed this morning that I'm reaching the bottom of the jug, so I need to order more. I can't bear to go a day without Trutein.

After every workout, I mix one scoop with 5 oz of unsweetened almond milk and it's heavenly.

Just a thought, should you be in the market for whey protein.

Bummer that you're dealing with more snow. So sorry! It will melt fast, as you said.

Your boy's lookin good! Love his hair. Gavin is looking for a similar style. He wants to keep his length on top to brush back but go shorter on the sides. Chris Hemsworth is one he's had in mind. I'm sharing this guy's hairstyle with him too.

Another baseball fan here. I love the easy spirit and electric energy of a live baseball stadium - the sounds, the smells, the cute butts -- all of it!
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #1194
Major LCF Poster!

tPretty - he had me lower the testosterone cream when I wouldn't stop humping his leg. He saw this as a problem.

I am going to order that protein powder today. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #1195
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Awesome to have a doctor that you can discuss ketosis and macronutrients.
I feel so lucky to have found this guy. I can't even tell you. He never thinks my ideas are crazy. Most of my other doctors have always thought I was a bit nutz.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #1196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is there a problem with being nuts?
Old 04-02-2014, 04:52 AM   #1197
Major LCF Poster!

It has worked my whole life. I think? Ha! Being nuts that is.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:02 AM   #1198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
From one nut to another good morning. So glad you Dr. visit went so well. It's great to have a doctor that will work with you. Oh by the way I think we should go on the baseball players diet. I could sit and look at him all day and not eat a thing. Your bound to loose way that away. Love the eye candy.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:10 AM   #1199
Major LCF Poster!

Wednesday

Blah!

I'm sitting here right now and I'm feeling thirsty, but have not as of yet opened up my Smartwater. grr

Yesterday I could feel myself wavering, but did not cave. I can feel a lot of water retention going on. Probably because I'm not drinking enough water. Grr! lol

My poor husband is so stressed. Just two more weeks and then he can relax. Clients are calling, dropping in, and being how they can be. He has an open door policy and is very responsive, but it interrupts him and that isn't good. I would like him to schedule his day with emails in the morning, a chunk of non-interrupted project time, lunch, more emails, project time. The phone calls should be routed to me. He's thinking about it. Ha! I know it's hard to change your work-style. My old CPA from my first marriage wouldn't even come out of his office! His front desk staff would take messages. He was very protective of his time during tax season. I would like Pup to try this. Yesterday he was so stressed by clients just dropping in and he answers every call. Bad Pup!

Okay - as for me:
  • retaining water
  • carb creep
  • haven't binged, but having binging thoughts
  • didn't make gym yesterday - knees were hurting so much!
  • knees are better today - wth??? Popcorn? yup
Okay, I opened my water bottle. Drinking. Heading for the shower. Gym bag packed and ready for this afternoon. It will be a busy day.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:26 AM   #1200
Major LCF Poster!

When Will I Be Loved?