LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 04:49 AM   #1141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Aaaaaarg!

Yesterday was day 11. A drop in my nutritional bucket. But hell's bells - I'm confused. I really need to stop reading so much shitake. grump and grumble

Keto is good, keto is the devil, add back some carbs, take out some carbs, eat more fat, eat more protein, don't eat at all, eat more calories, eat less calories.

I want to scream right now.

Good news for the week so far:
  • Out of 11 days I have 9 Vs on my calendar (thanks and smooches to my mentor tPretty)
  • I am feeling much less joint pain. This is fantastic all on it's own.
  • I haven't had a binge thought. Fairly easy to eat healthy.
  • Four pounds gone. Four real pounds apparently.
Bad news for the week so far:
  • Weight all over the place. Please stop weighing every day.
  • General "unwell" feeling. Not horrible, but other than a rather manic Saturday I'm feeling in the dumper. This could be because of one of a dozen or so real reasons not necessarily attached to my nutrition.
  • It snowed four inches yesterday. wth
This is really a grumpy post. I just a little bit pi$$ed off I guess. I don't know at who or what! Ha!

I am a few weeks into a new protocol with a new doc using bioidentical creams and a supplement regime and from what I have gleaned from a few readings I may have messed with my hormone levels by going keto.

Really? Just shoot me now. No - I changed my mind, don't do that!

But this is how I'm feeling today.

Plan for next few days:
  • Keep on.
  • Up daily steps - only getting in around 6k per day
  • I've been hermitting myself for a few months now - am I ready to change that?
  • Do some cooking.
  • Up the workouts.

It will be better I'm certain. No reason to jump ship. And I won't. I just needed to write down some crap so I don't crap on those around me.

Sorry LCFs!

How you doin'?
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 06:44 AM   #1142
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Oh girl. Sorry to hear you are down. I certainly understand the hormones and chemical issues that can happen. Are you sleeping well??? Stay the coarse and maybe just weigh once a week? There isn't a reason/need to weigh everyday, is there???

Do something fun today. Maybe that will help?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:52 AM   #1143
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Oh girl. Sorry to hear you are down. I certainly understand the hormones and chemical issues that can happen. Are you sleeping well??? Stay the coarse and maybe just weigh once a week? There isn't a reason/need to weigh everyday, is there???

Do something fun today. Maybe that will help?
Thank you lovely woman. I will stay the course. I just needed to whine and grouse a little bit. I'm part Swedish and we're a morose lot. And I want to burn all my down and wool coats right about now.

Spring is coming!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #1144
Major LCF Poster!

I should add that after all that crabbing I did a bit ago my tight jeans actually let me sit without any crazy uncomfortable feeling. I had to double check they were the tight jeans and not my looser ones. I'll take that!

Old 03-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #1145

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Good news for the week so far:
  • Out of 11 days I have 9 Vs on my calendar (thanks and smooches to my mentor tPretty)
  • I am feeling much less joint pain. This is fantastic all on it's own.
  • I haven't had a binge thought. Fairly easy to eat healthy.
  • Four pounds gone. Four real pounds apparently.
Bad news for the week so far:
  • Weight all over the place. Please stop weighing every day.
  • General "unwell" feeling. Not horrible, but other than a rather manic Saturday I'm feeling in the dumper. This could be because of one of a dozen or so real reasons not necessarily attached to my nutrition.
  • It snowed four inches yesterday. wth
.....I am a few weeks into a new protocol with a new doc using bioidentical creams and a supplement regime and from what I have gleaned from a few readings I may have messed with my hormone levels by going keto....

Plan for next few days:
  • Keep on.
  • Up daily steps - only getting in around 6k per day
  • I've been hermitting myself for a few months now - am I ready to change that?
  • Do some cooking.
  • Up the workouts.

It will be better I'm certain. No reason to jump ship. And I won't. I just needed to write down some crap so I don't crap on those around me.
Okay. So first, let me congratulate you on that 4-lb fat loss. Talk about visuals! If you were to plop four pounds of fat down on the counter, that might add a little crinkle to your smile, no?

Now, on to the sermon, you know, the one you've heard, what, about 5,000 times by now? It's not a great idea to weigh every day when trying to lose weight. And you know why. (Or need I remind you?) Those fluctuations really do tear us down rather than build us up and you need POSITIVE reinforcement right now, not slivers of negative -- even if it's meaningless. Here is an example. I've been jacked all week because my metab has kicked into a little higher gear -- I can tell when that happens because I'm that in tune with my body -- and I've been feeling optimistic, leaner and more energetic, focused, clothes are looser -- you know the song. So I intentionally got on the scale today to compare today's weight with tomorrow's weight (Friday is weigh in day for me), and wouldn't you know it, it's the exact same "number" as last Friday, but I guarantee you I'm leaner than last Friday because the mirror and my clothes tell me so -- JUST LIKE YOUR JEANS ARE TELLING YOU TODAY. It's a number. It's not the whole picture.

Please try not to weigh every day. If you need that reinforcement that you're going in the right direction, try on the tight jeans every.single.day. Weigh once or twice a week.

About your pizzy mood. Understandable. It's the snow! You need spring to show up already. Just show up! It's a lack of sun thing. You know that.
It's okay to feel pissy. This is why you definitely need to add in more cardio and/or exercise to your week. It is gonna lift you outta that pit you're drowning in, give you more energy, recomp that pretty body, and help burn a few more cals. Get at it, woman!

Now about the hormones and the keto thing... can you elaborate for us? Go ahead, ramble, let it rip. We will learn too, what you're experiencing, what you've read, and maybe help you sort it all out and feel less discouraged. Support, support, support.

You get that here, you know.

So go ahead. Purge. Please do. Why no keto?

(btw, I figured it out ... I'm having a ball with all those little animations!)
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #1146
Major LCF Poster!

The emoticons are the best.

Makes me as happy as a kitty purring.

Ha!

I hear you on the weighing every day. That damn seductive scale. I hate that little bich!

Every morning I'm upbeat and hopeful. Weigh only on Mondays! Only on Mondays!

I'm feeling strong and I'm thinking George and I need to brave the melting puddles tonight and get outside for a while. That will help everything.

I really must stop . . .

I'll post about my new bios and what I read about keto. I'm still thinking everything through.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:32 AM   #1147
Major LCF Poster!

Another V for the daisy.

Yesterday was an office day. I work at our biz (The Firm) T, W, Th and babysit Spud (grandson) M, F. So I am getting the little Spud later this morning. With all of his naps, on a good day, and the weather not being warm yet, the day when he's here is kinda long. When he's awake it's busy busy, but when he's sleeping it gets long. There's just nothing I can do in that time. I have a nursery monitor so maybe today I'll go into the workout room and rearrange things. I'd be ashamed to show a photo of that room or any of the rooms down there.

And by rooms I being generous. I know I've mentioned that our house was built in 1889 - part of it anyway. Then a chunk was added we don't know when. Then another chunk was added in the 80s. Then we added a chunk a few years ago. The incredible growing house.

So the basement is really a strange place. Kinda creepy. Full of spiders (I vacuum them) and mice. Oh yuck. Park of it is under the oldest section of the house and the ceiling literally skims the top of my head when I'm down there. That's where I have stuff stored. We won't talk about that right now. Ha!

Then the other section (the one build I don't know when - I suspect the 60s) is where I have my workout portion. There's a window (full of yuck - seriously, this space is gross), I have an old ginormous TV that will play my DVDs, I have a rug, I have my treadmill, I have my Fluidity Bar, I have my weights, I have a little bench for dips and planks, I have Pup's weight bench and big weights, I have Pup's old white leather marshmallow couch for whatever. I even have a Nordic Track in a corner. A couple of lamps. Oh! And the tanning bed. Yeah, I know it's kinda weird to have a tanning bed. I know I've yapped about all of this in the past so I don't know why I feel compelled to retell.

The tanning bed has actually been commandeered into use. Or at least I'm supposed to be using it to help with my Vit D deficiency. And to help with my seasonal SAD. Don't cry for me! I think everyone around these damn parts gets a little bit of SAD during our long-arse winters.

So, I could go down there and shuffle some things around. Which is exactly what I'm going to do. Get some stretches in, get in some cardio. I could be reading the book for book club, but I can't get into it! I try and try, but my mind wanders off immediately when I sit down to read it.

I wrote a novel here. Sheesh!

So, the week was good. I'm back to six pounds gone. I made a promise to not weigh every day and broke it right away this morning! I can't help myself.

Edit: Oh, and I adjusted my stats. Why I felt compelled to have the weight I was so many years ago is beyond me. This weight is the real start weight for this round. It's bad enough so why pour salt on all my wounds! Heh! And the current weight is accurate for today. I think I'll only change the current weight on Monday's here on out. Even if it careens around. :/

Last edited by DaisyGG; 03-21-2014 at 03:35 AM..
Old 03-21-2014, 05:45 AM   #1148

What book are you reading for your Book Club??

Sounds like you have a plan for today. Interesting about you having a tanning bed. Does that truly help with SAD? I know, Many people are suffering from that this year. The winter has been UNENDING!

6 pounds gone is great! Keto is truly working for you.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:02 AM   #1149
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
What book are you reading for your Book Club??

Sounds like you have a plan for today. Interesting about you having a tanning bed. Does that truly help with SAD?
It really does help. According to Dr. Mercola it should help with Vit D deficiencies. I haven't gotten into it even once of late.

We are reading I Am Malala. About the girl that was shot by the Taliban for going to school. I find myself skimming skimming skimming. So bad.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:31 AM   #1150
Major LCF Poster!

Hormone and Vitamin Protocol

I always knew I was going to have trouble getting through menopause. My momma suffered greatly even though at the time I had no idea what or why was going on. My poor momma.

But when in my 30s or so I began making my plan. I didn't even really know I was making a plan, but I did know I had no desire to suffer as my momma had. In my 30s I began having horrible PMS. I have a clear memory of several meltdowns I had in front of my family. Sheesh! What a nut.

In my 40s I really began researching in earnest. I started taking fish oil way before anyone was talking about it. I have no memory why I started! But I'm glad I did. I'm in my late 50s and have pretty good skin. I'm not saying I look 35 or anything, but the skin is okay.

My periods started fluctuating crazily at this time so my gyno put me on birth control pills to level all my symptoms out. It worked like a charm!

I stayed on that for years until in the beginning of my 50s my new gyno said I couldn't keep on doing that. So I bullied him into letting me do bio-identical hormones. He really wasn't onboard with the whole idea, but gave them to me, but refused to do bloodwork. He was s symptom-driven doc. Yuck I have to say.

Then I began using a nurse-practitioner and she hooked me up with a compounding pharmacy that used spit-testing. My NP would write the prescription and the CP would fill as she saw fit. This really didn't work either. The spit-testing is not only very expensive (of course not covered by insurance because why would we want our women healthy and balanced??), but a bit unreliable. I never got my hot flashes or other symptoms under control. Yuck again.

I very very recently discovered a local doc that not only supports what I'm doing, but he does blood testing to find out what's going on. I met with him in early Feb and had all of that done and met with him two weeks later to go over the tests.

Everything was unbalanced, unsurprisingly. So he started me on a new protocol and supported all the supplements I had been taking. Did some tweaking.

I will meet with him April 1 to go over how I'm doing.

He has me doing a cream Estradiol daily, a Progesterone sublingual daily, and a Testosterone cream 3 times per week.

Additionally I'm taking these supplements. The list looks crazy I know, but every one of these is important for me:

Vit C 1000 mg
DMAE 130 mg
DHEA 100 mg
Ubiquinol (CoQ10) 100 mg
Fish Oil (Omega-3 EPA & DHA ) 2,216 mg
Vit B-50 1 capsule daily
Vit K2 w/D3 5000 IU
Green Tea Extract 400 mg
Resveretrol (for my bad knees - ripped and sorta repaired meniscus)
Magnesium (to help me stay asleep - jury is out on this one)

Yeah, I'm a nut. Pup is taking a handful of stuff now as well, but I got him off of statin drugs for his cholesterol. His numbers are improving.

Wanna hear something kinda cool? The creator of CoQ10 is a client of ours! I just love that. Makes me feel special! Heh!

This post is mostly for my mentor tPretty, but if anyone happens to read and has any questions, I'd be happy to help.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:35 AM   #1151
Major LCF Poster!

Oh! And I'm binge-free for 14 days. So happy about that.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:35 AM   #1152

That emoticon you nailed for me was dead on for this past week esp, and I haven't gotten to slow down YET. (Deep breaths, T...atta girl) I want to post at length and catch up in general with my own journal, but there won't be time to do that until tomorrow afternoon most likely. Hugely busy week and right into the weekend with Colton's party and a house full of teenage boys. I'm not allowed to talk, take pictures, or act the least bit "mom-like" in any way, shape or form. Basically I'm supposed to be invisible. But of course, while I pick up after them, feed them, keep dishes clean, etc etc etc

But don't mind me... I'm just a figment of your imagination, guys.

I digress.

So. About your post on all the menopause specs, thank you, thank you. I sponged every word up and I'm filing it in my brain. I so appreciate your sharing this info with me! I'll elab more when I have time tomorrow.

As for 14 days binge free...AWESOME. One more piece of advice to add to that list of supps for ya? CINNAMON. It lowers cholesterol and helps to keep blood sugar controlled. That will also help keep those binges controlled.

Give yourself a billboard-sized V, my friend. You are knocking this outta here. Keep going...Keep going...Just keep going.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #1153
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
That emoticon you nailed for me was dead on for this past week esp, and I haven't gotten to slow down YET. (Deep breaths, T...atta girl) I want to post at length and catch up in general with my own journal, but there won't be time to do that until tomorrow afternoon most likely. Hugely busy week and right into the weekend with Colton's party and a house full of teenage boys. I'm not allowed to talk, take pictures, or act the least bit "mom-like" in any way, shape or form. Basically I'm supposed to be invisible. But of course, while I pick up after them, feed them, keep dishes clean, etc etc etc

But don't mind me... I'm just a figment of your imagination, guys.

I digress.

So. About your post on all the menopause specs, thank you, thank you. I sponged every word up and I'm filing it in my brain. I so appreciate your sharing this info with me! I'll elab more when I have time tomorrow.

As for 14 days binge free...AWESOME. One more piece of advice to add to that list of supps for ya? CINNAMON. It lowers cholesterol and helps to keep blood sugar controlled. That will also help keep those binges controlled.

Give yourself a billboard-sized V, my friend. You are knocking this outta here. Keep going...Keep going...Just keep going.

Oh teenagers. So lovely, so thoughtful. Stop me if I've told this story before, but when DD2 was about 16 or so I had driven her and her bestie to the local theater to see a movie and hang out. I had done something those two thought très très embarrassant. When I turned around the two of them had snuck out of my Jeep. The little brats! Ha!

The cinnamon! I put it in lots of stuff and I have Pup taking supplements after he eats a lot of sugar, but I never take them myself! I need to apparently yes?
Old 03-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #1154

Hope you've had a great weekend so far, that the weather has been a tad more promising for you at least.

You're off to a great start for another successful week. You got this, woman. You aren't going to let go of this. You got this! Hold on.

The supps you mentioned ... question. Why the magnesium for sleeplessness instead of melatonin? Just curious.

Thanks for taking the time to write all of that out yesterday about your experience with menopause and the specific strategies that you've tried to improve the negative fallout. This is very helpful and enlightening to me. Supportive and encouraging.

I'd give ANYTHING to be able to spend a couple of days with you and purge. I have a lot on my heart and in my head that I'm certain you could help me with, far too much to jot on a message board or a blog post. Whether you realize it or not, I value your friendship, your trust, your insight, your encouragement, your humor and all that you stand for as a strong and confident, beautiful woman. Look at you -- you have ALL the tools for success. DO YOU GET THAT PART? DO YOU?

Make this a good week, my friend.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:52 AM   #1155
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
[CENTER]The supps you mentioned ... question. Why the magnesium for sleeplessness instead of melatonin? Just curious.

Thanks for taking the time to write all of that out yesterday about your experience with menopause and the specific strategies that you've tried to improve the negative fallout. This is very helpful and enlightening to me. Supportive and encouraging.

I'd give ANYTHING to be able to spend a couple of days with you and purge. I have a lot on my heart and in my head that I'm certain you could help me with, far too much to jot on a message board or a blog post. Whether you realize it or not, I value your friendship, your trust, your insight, your encouragement, your humor and all that you stand for as a strong and confident, beautiful woman. Look at you -- you have ALL the tools for success. DO YOU GET THAT PART? DO YOU?
Oh my goodness. Let me say I am crying a little bit sitting here with my coffee reading this. It means more than I can say to have your support. Many of the tools I have I've gotten from you. Directly or indirectly. This seriously has made my month. And next month more than likely!

You are the strongest woman I may know. I love how there is never any self-pity or excuses. You own everything. I believe this is the largest reason for your huge success always. Why you are where you are. I've learned from you that accountability and honesty is what works. Not to pile on anyone else, which I pray no one would take that way, but when I read around on this forum or other forums there is a lot of non-owning going on. I hope that makes sense. I'm not talking about falling off wagons or sitting firmly in the wagon seat, but simply owning the moment - whatever it may be. You own. It's great!

We are super super heroes! Heh!

Old 03-24-2014, 04:16 AM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

Another pound gone. I marked it in my avatar/signature placeholder. Oooo it feels slow, but 7 pounds is way better than I was two weeks ago. And how I'm feeling is way better than I was feeling two weeks. Ago. Success everywhere!

I now have 15 Vs on my calendar. That is 15 days of no binging and 15 days of following plan. No hiccups. No emotional eating. No feeling sorry.

My husband and I own a tax and accounting firm (very small) and Pup is heavily into the season working his keaster off. And he loves his treats. And isn't going to change any time soon. I am working on accepting that.

So I am around some of his treats especially on the weekends. I have to say that this past weekend non of his treats even tempted me. I'm liking/loving how I'm feeling so much that I don't want to fall - hell, I'm not even tempted at this point. This particular feeling needs to be bottled for myself.

Even yesterday - the day, Sundays, where I usually have too many treats. I had no treats. It was a rather sleepy, lazy day though. We watched Spud (grandson - 4.5 months old) overnight so the kids could go out and whoop it up a little and not worry about the babes and the little nugget did so good! His little routine was different because Gigi can't do it just like his momma, but he slept pretty darn good through the night. But, of course, I had a hard time sleeping because I kept thinking I heard him even more than he wanted me to.

His little baby-toupee is killing me. I swear he needs a haircut, but Bella (DD1) could be wanting to go the Rachael Zoe route and let Spud's hair get long and lovely. Although I suspect Spud had no natural curl in his hair just like his momma. It's going to be that silky hair that his momma has. His auntie (DD2 and his Gigi have more texturized hair - Lorenzo's (DD2) is curly whereas mine is "challenging" as my hair peeps always say.

Anyway, I took an hour and a half nap yesterday afternoon which was heavenly and slept pretty darn good last night as well.

A fantastic weekend! I'm feeling strong and committed today. Enjoying my morning coffee and thinking about what's coming up for the week.

rock em and sock em LCfriends!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:57 AM   #1157

Daisy, he is a total CUTIE!! What a precious little boy! You did great this weekend. Way to rock on without having any treats! You are rocking this new plan girl! LOVE THAT!!!!

Tax season, YUCK - FEST!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:29 AM   #1158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/184.6/135 (18-Jul)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Hi Daisy - so as not to be a lurker, I wanted to let you know I've subscribed to your journal and have enjoyed the past few pages. You are definitely inspirational and an amazing woman, and good read. I was particularly interested in your menopause post and while I'm not there yet, it's a great starting point to look at it holistically. I'll be following along with great enjoyment.

Cheers!
Sandra
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #1159
Major LCF Poster!

Y'all Are Gonna Think I'm Insane

But I just made this for lunch:

SOFRESH'S MOCK CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH
3 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons water
1-2 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 ounce coarsely crushed pork rinds, or enough to fill the bowl

Pour the cream, water and Splenda in the bottom of a cereal bowl; stir well. Stir in the cinnamon. Don't worry if the cinnamon clumps up a bit. Add the pork rinds and stir until completely moistened. Eat quickly with a spoon before it gets too soggy.

Makes 1 serving
Freezing not recommended

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 252 Calories; 22g Fat; 13g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 240 Calories; 22g Fat; 13g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

From Linda Sue's web site. I was poking around for something "good" for lunch and stumbled on this. It sounds super weird and I have a love/hate relationship with Chicharróns (pork rinds). I miss a bowl of cereal and I have to tell you this hit that mark.

I used 1 tablespoon of granular Stevia instead of Splenda and a teaspoon of cinnamon. It's good I promise.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #1160
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Daisy, he is a total CUTIE!! What a precious little boy! You did great this weekend. Way to rock on without having any treats! You are rocking this new plan girl! LOVE THAT!!!!

Tax season, YUCK - FEST!
I know you know what I'm talking about regarding tax season!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #1161
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarr View Post
Hi Daisy - so as not to be a lurker, I wanted to let you know I've subscribed to your journal and have enjoyed the past few pages. You are definitely inspirational and an amazing woman, and a good read. I was particularly interested in your menopause post and while I'm not there yet, it's a great starting point to look at it holistically. I'll be following along with great enjoyment.

Cheers!
Sandra
Oh thank you so much. That is so very sweet of you to say. It's fun racing with you and Chloe.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
But I just made this for lunch:

SOFRESH'S MOCK CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH
3 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons water
1-2 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 ounce coarsely crushed pork rinds, or enough to fill the bowl

...From Linda Sue's web site. I was poking around for something "good" for lunch and stumbled on this. It sounds super weird and I have a love/hate relationship with Chicharróns (pork rinds). I miss a bowl of cereal and I have to tell you this hit that mark.

I used 1 tablespoon of granular Stevia instead of Splenda and a teaspoon of cinnamon. It's good I promise.
I'm confident you wouldn't fib about something like this, so I'll take your word for it and leave it at that. If it does the trick for you, that's all that matters.

Love the little chow-down guy. You're quite the emoticon master! You have found all the good ones!

I'm glad you had a cheat-free Sunday, despite Pups tempting treats. I have to agree with you that for some reason Sundays are the most difficult day of the week to stay away from temptation. I think it's because I equate Sunday as a rest day, so I'm usually not running around and staying as busy as I usually do. Idle time makes me wanna snack, I think.

As it turns out, I gave in yesterday -- after starting the day off so well too! -- and grazed on off-plan food. I made cheese biscuits for Colton, and I nibbled the edges (the best part) off three of them; I can resist the inner part. Then a couple handfuls of salt-butter free popcorn. Then a handful of Cheerios. And a smidge of birthday cake icing from Colton's cake. (Hmmm....let's see...is that all...) Reckless nibbling! Not good. So I did not bother preparing dinner for myself, thinking I'd had enough bad carbs/cals as it was. That debauchery WAS my dinner.

So you definitely do deserve another big V, Hero! You are gaining the confidence and discipline little by little to fine tune your plan and not lose your balance -- keep this up!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #1163
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm confident you wouldn't fib about something like this, so I'll take your word for it and leave it at that. If it does the trick for you, that's all that matters.

Love the little chow-down guy. You're quite the emoticon master! You have found all the good ones!

I'm glad you had a cheat-free Sunday, despite Pups tempting treats. I have to agree with you that for some reason Sundays are the most difficult day of the week to stay away from temptation. I think it's because I equate Sunday as a rest day, so I'm usually not running around and staying as busy as I usually do. Idle time makes me wanna snack, I think.

As it turns out, I gave in yesterday -- after starting the day off so well too! -- and grazed on off-plan food. I made cheese biscuits for Colton, and I nibbled the edges (the best part) off three of them; I can resist the inner part. Then a couple handfuls of salt-butter free popcorn. Then a handful of Cheerios. And a smidge of birthday cake icing from Colton's cake. (Hmmm....let's see...is that all...) Reckless nibbling! Not good. So I did not bother preparing dinner for myself, thinking I'd had enough bad carbs/cals as it was. That debauchery WAS my dinner.

So you definitely do deserve another big V, Hero! You are gaining the confidence and discipline little by little to fine tune your plan and not lose your balance -- keep this up!
I'm thinking the pork rind cereal doesn't do it for you? I fully expected it to be horrible!

Popcorn and biscuits. Those things smell so damn good! I especially love popcorn.

I've done what you did on Sunday. I have too many treats and then skip dinner. Pup thinks I'm crazy. No matter how many treats he has, he still wants to eat dinner.

I am hanging in there!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:00 AM   #1164

I LOVE CHIPOTLE!!!! One of my favorite places to eat. It's has something for everyone! ENJOY!!!!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:18 AM   #1165

I don't know about Housewives. I'm thinking I should...

Good that you're getting to the gym more lately.

As for the whipped cream craving, I can't remember if I ever told you this, but adding a scoop of casein protein to the whipped cream will up the protein and it is a sinfully good indulgence. Like unbelievably good, I'm talkin here.

We don't have a Chipotle conveniently near us. That is pathetically sad. Your choices sound yummy -- esp the guac! Oh how I love guac. Amazing stuff.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:00 AM   #1166
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I LOVE CHIPOTLE!!!! One of my favorite places to eat. It's has something for everyone! ENJOY!!!!
It was so good! I really love their company model.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:01 AM   #1167
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I don't know about Housewives. I'm thinking I should...

Good that you're getting to the gym more lately.

As for the whipped cream craving, I can't remember if I ever told you this, but adding a scoop of casein protein to the whipped cream will up the protein and it is a sinfully good indulgence. Like unbelievably good, I'm talkin here.

We don't have a Chipotle conveniently near us. That is pathetically sad. Your choices sound yummy -- esp the guac! Oh how I love guac. Amazing stuff.
I had totally forgotten about the protein powder. I'll have to remember that when I'm feeling like that again.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:15 AM   #1168
Major LCF Poster!

I think I'm doing this just a little bit better. But I long for 8 or 9 hours. It just might not be in the cards for me. I might not be set up that way?? I don't know. But it's been better of late and that's good.

I have to tell you guys though that waking up and walking down the stairs from our loft every morning is a revelation to me. Before 3.19.14 I would be stiff and walk very very slowly down the stairs. Sometimes one leg at a time so I wouldn't have to bend my really bad knee. This morning I simply WALKED down the stairs. No stiffness. How can this be? Inflammation is insidious isn't it? You don't even really know you have it. You may have aches and pains here and there, but never make the connection. I've made that connection and I don't want to go back to inflammation-city. No!

I'm feeling a little addicted to posting here and checking my macros on the hour. I won't worry about that right now if it keeps me on the path. I'm a bit obsessive - can we talk? Ha!

Today's plan:
  • office day - Pup and I go out for lunch, I think I'll make him bring me to our favorite breakfast place and I'll have breakfast for lunch. I love those mom/pop cafe's.
  • meeting a friend so we can sit and kvetch while getting our nails done. I've recently become addicted to gel nails and it has been way too long since I've had them done. ::hiding nails in shame::
  • get in some cardio when I get home
I promised I wouldn't, but of course I've been weighing every day. Weirdly the scale has not moved all week! Not up - not down. But today I feel smaller through the belly. Yay and hooray.

I had remeasured last Sunday to see if any inches had come off and I forgot to record the difference. But quite a few inches, surprisingly, had come off. I'll remeasure again on the 29th maybe.

Okay fellow soldiers - get on it! We are in burn mode. It's melting off. I am visualizing my Jennifer Anniston body under this layer. It's coming!
Old 03-28-2014, 04:32 AM   #1169
Major LCF Poster!

Friday

It snowed yesterday. Big, huge, fat, water filled flakes that slushed up the dry driveway. Slushed up everything. I was watching Spud (grandson) unexpectedly yesterday and he and I were looking out the front window. I told him SOMEDAY we'll get out there and go for a walk. Then he spit up on me. So much for a teachable moment! Ha and ha!

I swore I wouldn't, but we all know I'm a liar, and I weighed myself EVERY DAY. The scale did not move. Not up, not down. I shouldn't be, but I'm a little frustrated. But then I look at my calendar of 19 Vs and think to myself, "Hey, count the pluses." There are lots of them.

I bought Spud a white noise maker for his little nap room. I should get one of these things for my room! I chose summer evening for him and I rock him to sleep for his naps listening to crickets and trees moving. I nearly fall asleep! And then I don't feel so compelled to tiptoe about like stealth-Gigi.

My plan for day/weekend. Keep on keeping on. My macros have been good. Maybe I could start posting them?

::removal of huge-arse graphic::

There, a screenshot of yesterday.

Haysoooos, that's huge! I am too lazy to edit it smaller.

For the most part my macros have been good like that. Total calories for the day were 1371. Which, frankly, was a little high. For a mostly chill day as I had yesterday.

Pup doesn't know it, but since we went out last night, even though it was with Momma Betty (Pup's momma), he and I are going to the gym tonight for our Friday night date night. We do not need to go out again or go to the movies where the smell of that popcorn will be my undoing. Then we can come home and watch one of the shows we TiVo. I think we're behind on Shameless.

I really should make that screenshot smaller. Okay - you talked me into it. Hold on . . .

Much better.

Rock and sock em today peeps.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:09 AM   #1170

Quote:
I was watching Spud (grandson) unexpectedly yesterday and he and I were looking out the front window. I told him SOMEDAY we'll get out there and go for a walk. Then he spit up on me. So much for a teachable moment! Ha and ha!

Too cute. Maybe he thought you needed the humor of that situation. Hoping you get a break in that nasty weather this coming week. We are expecting temps in the 70s this week here, so maybe you will get the break too.

Those noise-makers are awesome. We began using one when our boys were babies, and we’ve had one ever since -- even take it with us when we travel. I like “rain” the best. But now I have Sleep Machine app on my iPhone, and I think I like it even more. You can mix it up and make your own symphony of noise, and I like to mix wind and ocean together. Do you know about this app? I use this sometimes at work on my lunch hour to drown out the ambient noise outside my office door while I take a power nap.

About your weight plateau, it could be so many things causing the stall, as you know. Your body could be resisting the loss for homeostasis reasons, (search “homeostasis” in my journal for more on that subject), or it could be that it’s in cruise mode and needs a boost. To stick to the keto plan, you need that higher fat, so your macros look good in that regard. Maybe you could try an extra couple hundred calories. Zigzag the cals for two or three days, adding 100-150 the first day, then 200, then 300, then go back to 1300. That is one of the best was to break a stall. During that time, try to keep active, get the cardio in, weights too if you can, and just keep a steady consistent exercise schedule. Nothing too rigorous. Starting there, and then see what happens. If that doesn’t break the stall, there are several other ways to shake it up.

Going to the gym with Pup … (sigh) … awesome! Give that man a high five for me, would you, please?

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 03-29-2014 at 04:10 AM..