Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 04:58 AM   #1111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
We always say that Spud looks like he has the worst baby-toupee ever. Some of his newborn hair rubbed off/fell out and lightened, but now it just looks like something is plopped on his head! Makes me laugh so hard. If he were a little girl we'd be barretting him like crazy. But little boys can't wear barrettes. Or can they? ::evil granny thinking of ways to fix Spud's hair::
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #1112
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
We always say that Spud looks like he has the worst baby-toupee ever. Some of his newborn hair rubbed off/fell out and lightened, but now it just looks like something is plopped on his head! Makes me laugh so hard. If he were a little girl we'd be barretting him like crazy. But little boys can't wear barrettes. Or can they? ::evil granny thinking of ways to fix Spud's hair::
Well, they can, I wouldn't recommend it.

If he were mine I'd be tempted to use a little mousse. Give him that sexy disheveled look. If you decide to try this, snip the tip ends of just slightly to make them blunt, then apply teeny bit of mousse.

My heart goes out to you on all you've been through with the MenoPaws. I'm all ears and taking notes here, so please, yes, list your supps. Share your joy! (batting eyes)

I'm afraid to take progesterone any form -- fear of weight gain. I'm anxious to see how that does for you.

So very glad to know that you're feeling better and you're staying on top of this with doc.

I'll be following closely in watch-n-learn mode.

Only winter remnants here and there -- she's outta here, woman. Think SPRING!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 03-13-2014 at 02:58 PM..
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:30 AM   #1113

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Girl I have missed you! So glad you are seeking help for your hormonal issues. I am sure I am in the pre-stages of it too. I have desire issues , my whole life my hormones haven't been at perfect levels, so I am sure that won't improve.

Spud is perfect . I could just kiss him all over , I am sure he gets showered with love when he is around . I bet you are having a blast. Enjoy it !!!

I hope your sleep issues resolve, not sleeping just sucks
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:31 AM   #1114

So glad you are back . How's the home business going???
Old 03-15-2014, 05:15 AM   #1115
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
So glad you are back . How's the home business going???
I feel so blessed about our business. We office with the firm that we bought my husband's clients from. There is a bit of overlap now especially during tax season. Michael (other biz owner) is my husband's (I call him Pup) brother-in-law and they are very close. So Pup and I rent a couple of offices from Michael. It's wonderful. I work about 3-4 days a week depending and right now Pup is working crazy hours. We're figuring out my role and I'm tugging a few things out of Pup's crazy grip because he's just used to doing everything on his own. So this first tax season is a learning experience, but we're doing great!

I then watch my little glam-baby two days a week to help the kids. The other grandma watches him three days. After season I'll probably watch him three days.

Wow! I gave you a book!
Old 03-15-2014, 05:34 AM   #1116
Major LCF Poster!

Okay . . .

Today is day seven on keto. I've dropped six pounds which sounds kinda typical for the beginning of this protocol. Not the exact weight I've lost, but the fact that you can drop a few right away. I'm happy for the little jump start.

Here are my observations:
  1. keto flu is bad! I have woken up with pounding headaches every morning. This morning's headache seemed much less. The vague nausea (think first trimester pregnancy) lasted just the first couple of days.
  2. I can feel how much lower the inflammation is in my body. All the aches and pains and stiffness I normally have are GONE! Just that quickly! Makes me insanely happy.
  3. I did my measurements when I began last Sunday and although I have not remeasured, I feel slimmer through my midsection.
  4. I believe I'm feeling more energy. Today is Saturday and my plan is to clean around the Chez Emerson for a bit and then head to the office for a few projects
I want to make this way of eating the way I eat always. I don't want this to be just a *diet* that I'm on. I ALWAYS feel fantastic when I eat lower carb and this time is no exception. Sugar and white stuff never agrees with me so why do I stumble time after time? Seductive rotten stuff anyway.

A lowcarbfriend of mine used to post here (maybe she still does?) and she and her husband have the best web site ever. Her story is a story I want to mirror. Her site is full of great recipes and health howtos all over the place. She even lives in Minneapolis! Even though I've never met her.

I don't think I can link her site (is that true?), but if anyone is interested I'll pm them.

I follow her on Facebook as well.

So . . . this coming week's plan is stay the course, add in some more exercise now that the keto flu is subsiding, and look fabulous.

Move and rock it on and on my lcf's.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #1117

Quote:
Okay . . .

Today is day seven on keto. I've dropped six pounds which sounds kinda typical for the beginning of this protocol. Not the exact weight I've lost, but the fact that you can drop a few right away. I'm happy for the little jump start.

Here are my observations:
  1. keto flu is bad! I have woken up with pounding headaches every morning. This morning's headache seemed much less. The vague nausea (think first trimester pregnancy) lasted just the first couple of days.
  2. I can feel how much lower the inflammation is in my body. All the aches and pains and stiffness I normally have are GONE! Just that quickly! Makes me insanely happy.
  3. I did my measurements when I began last Sunday and although I have not remeasured, I feel slimmer through my midsection.
  4. I believe I'm feeling more energy.

I want to make this way of eating the way I eat always. I don't want this to be just a *diet* that I'm on. I ALWAYS feel fantastic when I eat lower carb and this time is no exception. Sugar and white stuff never agrees with me so why do I stumble time after time? Seductive rotten stuff anyway.
Way to go on those six pounds, woman! That's a fabulous start and very motivational. Keep this feeling in your heart and let it propel you through each day ahead.

Ditto on eating LC and feeling so clean and pain free!

Indeed, make this a LIFESTYLE, not a diet. It is a lifestyle, and remember to stay close to things that make you glad you are alive.

Call upon these things to drive your forward.

You're doing GREAT!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #1118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Way to go on those six pounds, woman! That's a fabulous start and very motivational. Keep this feeling in your heart and let it propel you through each day ahead.

Ditto on eating LC and feeling so clean and pain free!

Indeed, make this a LIFESTYLE, not a diet. It is a lifestyle, and remember to stay close to things that make you glad you are alive.

Call upon these things to drive your forward.

You're doing GREAT!
Woman - you are always the one I think about when it comes to motivation. I am keeping my eyes on the prize so to speak. Thank you for your support.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:26 AM   #1119

Good morning. I've slept a little later, I've had coffee and devotions and now it's time to "git" or I'll be late for church. My plan was to squeeze in some fasted cardio real quick.

Then I thought of you. I wanted to remind you -- you probably already know -- that morning fasted cardio is a great way to torch fat. Even if it's only 15 or 20 mins at first. You've just begun your overhaul, and you said you wanted to begin exercise. This is a good place to start.

Try it?

Have a great day!
Old 03-16-2014, 06:35 AM   #1120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning. I've slept a little later, I've had coffee and devotions and now it's time to "git" or I'll be late for church. My plan was to squeeze in some fasted cardio real quick.

Then I thought of you. I wanted to remind you -- you probably already know -- that morning fasted cardio is a great way to torch fat. Even if it's only 15 or 20 mins at first. You've just begun your overhaul, and you said you wanted to begin exercise. This is a good place to start.

Try it?

Have a great day!
If I knew that, and I think I might have, I had totally forgotten! If my brain really does come back I will be the happiest woman.

I will do this today. Right now as a matter of fact. Thank you tPretty.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:21 AM   #1121
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday Funday

I was on fire yesterday. I didn't formally work out, but I actually hit nearly 11,000 steps just from cleaning (and dancing like a monkee) all around the house. I typically crash and burn by 2 or 3 in the afternoon big time, but yesterday I was like a fire was lit under my arse. I was waiting for Pup to come home from the office and was going to curl up with my new Vogue magazine, but I kept finding things I needed to "do." Fantastic! Had energy all night too.

We went to a movie and it was hard to sit still! This isn't me. Not to mention I did not fall asleep during the movie like I am known to do. (We saw Her and I found it sweet and sad.)

Then we came home and hung out in the office, Pup working a little, me putzing and jumping around like a person possessed because we were listening to some of my iTune stuff. Pup even said at one point, "Look at you! It's past 11:00 and you're still awake and being a goof!"

Oh yeah baby, I'm thinking keto and good hormones might be the reason.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #1122
Major LCF Poster!

I have not been as feverishly motivated as I was yesterday, but I got lots done today too. Made bacon-wrapped cocktail weenies for supper. Dipped mine in a little brown mustard. Delicious!

This is day eight for me. Now this is where I sometimes, many times, fall off of the bench and mess up. I'm feeling good and strong. Fearful even of being crazy or bad.

I spent part of the afternoon reading my journal from here and all the good advice I've gotten from so many people. Watch-me-shrink (T) the most. Tons and tons of stuff. All my starts and stumbles. Since 2007! Kinda sad, but not sad because I'm still giving it a try.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:45 AM   #1123

Quote:
......feverishly motivated ...
This is day eight for me. Now this is where I sometimes, many times, fall off of the bench and mess up. I'm feeling good and strong. Fearful even of being crazy or bad....

Rid your mind of "can't" and PUSH THROUGH THIS, woman.

Get yourself a great ol big calendar, you know, the kind with large blocks for the days of the week/month, and place a huge "V" (as opposed to an X) on each day. Stare at those V's often. Dwell on those V's. Bask in them.

V stands for VICTORY, because each of those days represent your spirit, your desire, your commitment to your desires. And you will stay victorious.

I'll be back later to comment on other things...heading out the door now, and those roads are slip-slidery this morning. Ugh!

Old 03-17-2014, 02:53 AM   #1124
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Rid your mind of "can't" and PUSH THROUGH THIS, woman.

Get yourself a great ol big calendar, you know, the kind with large blocks for the days of the week/month, and place a huge "V" (as opposed to an X) on each day. Stare at those V's often. Dwell on those V's. Bask in them.

V stands for VICTORY, because each of those days represent your spirit, your desire, your commitment to your desires. And you will stay victorious.

I'll be back later to comment on other things...heading out the door now, and those roads are slip-slidery this morning. Ugh!

Love this idea. I'm very visual so this is fantastic.

So good! I'm doing it right now.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:17 AM   #1125
Major LCF Poster!

OMgosh I am such a goof. I updated my email address and was suddenly unable to post. I thought the administrators had found me unappealing! lol It was only because I had not confirmed the new email.

Sheesh I am a bit nutz.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #1126

OH Girl, Happy St Patrick's day to you!

What is the name of your friend that has the LC Blog? Something I can google if you don't think you can just give the link. I love reading more recipes!

I have switched to LC for now. I was struggling lately with my eating, thought switching it up completely would be a good idea.

I think your home/business with your DH is great. I applaud you. I have worked with my DH now for 15 years. LOVE IT! After our kids are out of college, we plan to leave our jobs and go into business for ourselves! Exciting stuff.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-20.html
Old 03-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #1127

By the way, great job on following your KETO plan!
Old 03-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #1128

Quote:
Sunday Funday

I was on fire yesterday. I didn't formally work out, but I actually hit nearly 11,000 steps just from cleaning (and dancing like a monkee) all around the house. I typically crash and burn by 2 or 3 in the afternoon big time, but yesterday I was like a fire was lit under my arse. I was waiting for Pup to come home from the office and was going to curl up with my new Vogue magazine, but I kept finding things I needed to "do." Fantastic! Had energy all night too.

...Then we came home and hung out in the office, Pup working a little, me putzing and jumping around like a person possessed because we were listening to some of my iTune stuff. Pup even said at one point, "Look at you! It's past 11:00 and you're still awake and being a goof!"

Oh yeah baby, I'm thinking keto and good hormones might be the reason.

This is what I wanted to comment on earlier and ran out of time. I'll bet your hunch is dead on. Keto gives us a lot of energy, and it amazes me how once we detox off of bad carbs and sugar we experience that incredible surge. It's almost too much energy at times. I'm still wanting to get a play-by-play of this hormonal treatment protocol you're onto. I will follow up with you later on that.

As for hanging in there though, do whatever it takes to stay focused. You said it yourself, your journal is your arsenal, chock full of strategies and ways to overcome the hurdles you will inevitably face. You can do this. You can.

You said you were visual. So am I. Find a pic of yourself that you really like and take it to Staples, have them do an "engineering print" of it in the copy section, costs like 3 bucks, and plaster that baby in a very obvious place during the day. Take a pic of it for your cell phone to have as a reminder away from home, when you're out eating in a restaurant, for instance.

If the focus is on the good stuff, it will suffocate out the bad temptations. I think sometimes one of the mistakes we make in the JOURNEY is trying to see too far down the road, the destination. It's like we allow ourselves to be overwhelmed with the time it will take to get there and we start to slip and slide and lose our way, our balance.

Let every single day be the destination. When you lay your head on that pillow at night, and you know you've stuck to plan, had your water quota, gotten in some exercise, planned your meals, stayed away from the crap, then that is GOAL. That day's goal -- the destination. You arrived.! You get a chance to achieve a new goal EVERY DAY.

Do this. Do it for you and for now and for life. This is what you want.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 03-17-2014 at 02:42 PM..
Old 03-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #1129
Major LCF Poster!

I know exactly the photo. It's from last summer I do believe. I hadn't hit goal, but had lost a few and was feeling very good.

tPretty - you're so SMRT! I printed out a calendar this morning and I'm staring at all the good days that happened in the past nine days. NINE days! Yay.

I like seeing the V's there. I made them purple because I love the way it looks.

Thank you dear friend.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #1130
Major LCF Poster!

So - Saturday might have been a kind of feverish, crazy-azz day energy wise. Yesterday was much the same without the frenzy attached. But very busy and good. Today I'm feeling weird and still keto-fluing. I ate some buttered popcorn at the movies Saturday evening; we went to a place that actually used organic popcorn and real butter. I had planned on this to eat and didn't think it would throw me for a loop, but it did. I could FEEL my blood sugar changing as I ate it. Only ate half of my small bag. I had completely forgotten that popcorn can cause huge blood sugar spikes. Thunk!

I think it threw me out of ketosis, but that's okay. I immediately went back to my regular eating. Next time at the movies I'll bring macadamia nuts perhaps? Or how about no mindless eating? Hmm?

So today I'm watching Spud (Mondays and Fridays) and during his first nap I made a cauliflower/sausage bake and added turmeric. Perhaps too much turmeric - it is yellow! Tastes fantastic though.

Even with all that I'm a bit . Just lots of running down the hall stuff.

I'll live!
Old 03-18-2014, 05:48 AM   #1131

OH what is the recipe of what you made? Sounds yummy (with less turmeric)

Enjoy your Tuesday!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:14 AM   #1132

IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD DAY

Top of the Mornin to ya, Lassie -- I know, little late with the Irish brogue, but I'm TRYING to keep up.

Things are going to go well for you today. It's gonna be a good day. Just wait and see.

Once the weather gets warmer and the ice is gone, when you go on walks with Spud, think about putting him in a front or back pouch thing. The extra weight while you walk will burn more cals.

Lookin for another purple V...

Make it happen.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #1133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH what is the recipe of what you made? Sounds yummy (with less turmeric)

Enjoy your Tuesday!
I gave the recipe to you on your thread.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:43 AM   #1134
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Top of the Mornin to ya, Lassie -- I know, little late with the Irish brogue, but I'm TRYING to keep up.

Things are going to go well for you today. It's gonna be a good day. Just wait and see.

Once the weather gets warmer and the ice is gone, when you go on walks with Spud, think about putting him in a front or back pouch thing. The extra weight while you walk will burn more cals.

Lookin for another purple V...

Make it happen.
I can't wait for the good weather! Snowing/storm today. Pulled out the down coat again! lol Oh well, it's coming.

I have my V calendar hanging in my home office and I brought one for here at work. I am being ruthless with myself. I gave myself a "meh" day for Saturday because I mindlessly ate popcorn at the theater and another "meh" day for yesterday because I went way over calories although kept my macros perfect.

You're the best!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #1135
Major LCF Poster!

Here I am at work. lol This cracked me up.

This one made me spit my coffee. This was me yesterday! I made a delicious recipe and ate way too much. I'm still full right now.

Oh dear, I've lost my mind.

Soldier on my friends!
Old 03-18-2014, 05:16 PM   #1136
Major LCF Poster!

Okay - one more

Old 03-19-2014, 02:14 AM   #1137

Quote:
Okay - one more

Now, wait. That one.
You KNOW my name is all over THAT one!

I love all of these little guys ... where are you finding them? Gotta know. The little sweetie blowing bubbles. That was adorable. Must have that one too.

Hope you slept well last night. Knock out another good day today.

C'mon. Let's go. Hit it!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:31 AM   #1138
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Now, wait. That one.
You KNOW my name is all over THAT one!

I love all of these little guys ... where are you finding them? Gotta know. The little sweetie blowing bubbles. That was adorable. Must have that one too.

Hope you slept well last night. Knock out another good day today.

C'mon. Let's go. Hit it!
I'm that way about coffee as well! It's the best reason to get up in the morning. I'm siting here right now with my huge mug.

If you right click on the image you can copy the address. I'd include the links, but I don't think LCF likes that? I've noticed they have **** out a few links I've had.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:47 AM   #1139
Major LCF Poster!

Okay - I'm not struggling, not at all. But this keto flu is so weird! I'm drinking SmartWater to get electrolytes, but the mug of bouillon with cream kinda makes me gag at the moment. Which is way weird for me.

Yesterday was crazy weird. I had to kinda force myself to eat. I was both alarmed and happy about that.

(I really must stop with the emoticons, but they make me smile!)

Pup and I went to Byerly's (chichi grocery store in area that has a fabulous deli and salad bar) and I had a fantastic salad with good stuff. Homemade blu cheese dressing. Only could eat about half.

Came home and made a fantastic fat bomb to up my fat for the day

1 T butter
1 T coconut oil
squeeze of liquid stevia
pinch cocoa powder
pinch cinnamon

melt and place in silicon muffin pan, place in freezer for about half an hour

Delicious! (last one I promise)

That was it for the day!

Later in the evening while changing the sheets on the bed I had my TiVo'd Dr. Oz on (I like to watch if the topic is interesting) and he had a food addict quiz. I scored very high. In fact a perfect score for being an addict. Ha! I'm perfect!

But I have another V on my V calendar and I'm set for another fantastic day!
Old 03-19-2014, 05:38 AM   #1140

V's on the calendar are great! Keep it up girl! How is Keto different than LC??? You are doing great. Keep it up girl!