Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #1051
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
So far so good Monica. My husband was a bit stressed that first time when he received no paycheck. Relying on clients paying was giving him hives!

But they are paying, he is working, and I think it will be fantastic. I always knew it would be good. Husband is conservative (which is good) and pragmatic.

I am STILL in the throes of organizing the files. My hands are hurting with all the staple removing, hole punching, and file moving. Such a whiner.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #1052
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Long stories that I won't go into much, but sister and I decided to ship the car to my dad. We wanted to take that car trip, but when we did the math it would have cost about $3k more or less and a solid week neither of us could afford right now. She owns horses that she would have had to make complicated arrangements for and I have just started with our new business and felt badly that I would have abandoned my husband for that time.

Shipping the car cost $800. Hard to argue with that math!

I've been neck-deep in new biz stuff and attending classes with my DD1 that is ready to pop out the Baby-Doll any minute!

Working on keeping it on track.
DGG, I would never have thought of shipping it. Clever move.

I'm getting anxious hearing about that youngin' -- can't wait. I know you're covered up.

"Working on keeping it on track." Here for you if you need a boost or word of encouragement. I've started working with a couple friends of mine who want to begin a weight lifting program -- major newbies -- and I'm inspired by their interest and desire. Now, let's see if they can produce on the commitment. This will be fun for all of us. Wish you could join us!
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #1053
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
DGG, I would never have thought of shipping it. Clever move.

I'm getting anxious hearing about that youngin' -- can't wait. I know you're covered up.

"Working on keeping it on track." Here for you if you need a boost or word of encouragement. I've started working with a couple friends of mine who want to begin a weight lifting program -- major newbies -- and I'm inspired by their interest and desire. Now, let's see if they can produce on the commitment. This will be fun for all of us. Wish you could join us!
I would give ANYTHING if I could join you guys! Can I do it virtually? Or in spirit? Follow the same program you come up with for your friends? I'd love to have the wine too when you guys celebrate success!

Your friends are lucky wenches! I am green.

I will let you know when Sarah-Bella goes into labor. I am telling you tPretty - I cannot wait for this. I am so excited to meet him!
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #1054
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,911
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
How exciting, she is due any day, right??? VERY EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #1055
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
The anticipation lingers...

Hope you are well. Thinking of you, my friend!
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #1056
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
The anticipation lingers...

Hope you are well. Thinking of you, my friend!
Nothing yet! I washed bunches of little, tiny baby clothes yesterday for her getting ready. I'm going over there tonight to put the finishing touches on the nursery. So excited.

She got her grades from the class she's been taking and earned 96 percent! And this is while pregnant, working more than full time, and cooking mostly every day. This kid is amazing.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:35 AM   #1057
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
I am working on day three of sugar-free. Me! Sugar-free!

Aaaah it does feel good.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #1058
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Nothing yet! I washed bunches of little, tiny baby clothes yesterday for her getting ready. I'm going over there tonight to put the finishing touches on the nursery. So excited.

She got her grades from the class she's been taking and earned 96 percent! And this is while pregnant, working more than full time, and cooking mostly every day. This kid is amazing.
She's got her mommy's intellect and drive. This one's a no-brainer. Atta girl. These are our most redeeming moments in life, when we can look upon our children's lives and witness their successes that are due in large part to how we've taught them, raised them, shown by example. And we know: They got this. They're gonna be just fine.

Love the itty-bitty baby clothes. The sweetest. I even still have some of my sons' tiniest little outfits. I can't let go. I won't. Never.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 10-22-2013 at 07:00 AM..
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #1059
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
I am working on day three of sugar-free. Me! Sugar-free!

Aaaah it does feel good.
Now. About this sugar addiction. I'm an addict too, so I totally empathize with your situation.

I was just talking to a friend of mine last week about sugar. She texted me to get some tips and advice about how to get her act together and drop the weight that has crept up on her. After a little deeper inquiry, I concluded that for her it's definitely her addiction to sugar. She has it bad. Really bad.

She asked me to giver her sample daily menus. She didn't like any of them. I asked her, okay, so what do you normally eat. When she told me, I nearly died. Sugar at EVERY meal. She said she has to have it.

Right.

Well, people in hell want ice water, but that don't mean they get it.

I asked her how badly she wanted to get the weight off ... worse than she wanted that chocolate cupcake? She said yes. I told her, well, then lose the sugar. You MUST detox first, and it's not going to happen overnight. This will be a process. She seemed a little overly confident in her response.

(She doesn't yet realize that sugar is as addictive as cocaine.)

I texted her two days ago to ask how it was going. I haven't heard a word. Not a good sign.

We all go through this, DGG. This whole sugar addiction thing. The most important thing is acknowledging that we "have a problem" and then trying our best to be proactive and vigilant in avoiding it as much as possible.

I commend you. Three days! YESSSSSS.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #1060
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Now. About this sugar addiction. I'm an addict too, so I totally empathize with your situation.

I was just talking to a friend of mine last week about sugar. She texted me to get some tips and advice about how to get her act together and drop the weight that has crept up on her. After a little deeper inquiry, I concluded that for her it's definitely her addiction to sugar. She has it bad. Really bad.

She asked me to giver her sample daily menus. She didn't like any of them. I asked her, okay, so what do you normally eat. When she told me, I nearly died. Sugar at EVERY meal. She said she has to have it.

Right.

Well, people in hell want ice water, but that don't mean they get it.

I asked her how badly she wanted to get the weight off ... worse than she wanted that chocolate cupcake? She said yes. I told her, well, then lose the sugar. You MUST detox first, and it's not going to happen overnight. This will be a process. She seemed a little overly confident in her response.

(She doesn't yet realize that sugar is as addictive as cocaine.)

I texted her two days ago to ask how it was going. I haven't heard a word. Not a good sign.

We all go through this, DGG. This whole sugar addiction thing. The most important thing is acknowledging that we "have a problem" and then trying our best to be proactive and vigilant in avoiding it as much as possible.

I commend you. Three days! YESSSSSS.
I know three days is a drop in my bucket, but I am counting these days as such a victory. It's hard because sugar seems to be my horrible secret and addiction. Your friend seriously has no idea.

It's hard! I've been finding that eating some fat or meat helps when I'm thinking about sugar.

Right now, for lunch, I'm having nitrate-free black forest ham wrapped around a little piece of Gouda. Washing it down with organic green tea. It really is delicious!

At night I've had a little bit of trouble. One night I thawed a few blueberries and poured a bit of heavy cream over them. Fat. I felt good after that. A little bit of good natural sugar from the berries, but not so much to make me binge.

Last night I just went up to the loft (bedroom) to work on a couple of things and watch Dr. Oz before falling asleep. Sugar crisis averted.

What are your best tricks? I'm going to text you again if I feel in trouble. Is this okay? Please text me as well! What sugar do you reach for when you're falling? Mine is ice cream.

I want to tame this sugar-beast.

Thanks T!
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #1061
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
She's got her mommy's intellect and drive. This one's a no-brainer. Atta girl. These are our most redeeming moments in life, when we can look upon our children's lives and witness their successes that are due in large part to how we've taught them, raised them, shown by example. And we know: They got this. They're gonna be just fine.

Love the itty-bitty baby clothes. The sweetest. I even still have some of my sons' tiniest little outfits. I can't let go. I won't. Never.
Oh you are sweet to say this! She really is amazing. Love my girls.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #1062
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
I know three days is a drop in my bucket, but I am counting these days as such a victory. It's hard because sugar seems to be my horrible secret and addiction. Your friend seriously has no idea.

It's hard! I've been finding that eating some fat or meat helps when I'm thinking about sugar.

Get this. My friend? She doesn't like most meats. I think she likes bacon and cheese and eggs. She just needs to experiment, give it time, and hold on till the urges pass -- and they will, eventually. You know this.

Right now, for lunch, I'm having nitrate-free black forest ham wrapped around a little piece of Gouda. Washing it down with organic green tea. It really is delicious!

That SOUNDS delish!

At night I've had a little bit of trouble. One night I thawed a few blueberries and poured a bit of heavy cream over them. Fat. I felt good after that. A little bit of good natural sugar from the berries, but not so much to make me binge.

Last night I just went up to the loft (bedroom) to work on a couple of things and watch Dr. Oz before falling asleep. Sugar crisis averted.

What are your best tricks? I'm going to text you again if I feel in trouble. Is this okay? Please text me as well! What sugar do you reach for when you're falling? Mine is ice cream.



I want to tame this sugar-beast.

Thanks T!
You certainly MAY text me anytime you feel that attack coming on and need to resist its snare. I have people text me often, and if it helps talking about it via a little text, then it's worth it to all concerned! It somehow triggers that "conscience" thing and allows us the courage to back away a little easier.

For me? Definitely ice cream. No doubt about it. I think I've mentioned this to you before a few years back, the "melty" part of the ice cream on top the carton when you first bring it home from the store. OMG. Take it away from me. I'll jerk that baby open every time and scoop off that top melty layer. It is SO GRATIFYING. Temporarily! Followed by cravings...and guilt...and bloating...and lethargy (depending on how long I stand there scooping).

If the ice cream is really cold-packed, dense, I can resist. Melty? Nah. Gotta have it.

I find that making up concoctions with legal stuff is my most effective way to resist. For instance, everyone was eating apple pie last night after Colton's game. I felt left out of the "party," but I wanted to behave. So I weighed out .5 oz lowfat cream cheese, 2 oz pumpkin (it's ALWAYS in my frig); nuke that till warm, then stir in 3 Tbs Cinnabun whey protein, 1 tsp caramel s/f Davinci's, 1 Tbs toasted unsweetened coconut, and top with 1-2 Tbs fat-free Cool Whip. Had that with green tea. It was SO delicious. My sweet tooth satisfied, I went to bed last night respecting myself.

Sometimes I'll have one square of 85% Ghiradelli (hello darkness my old friend) and 4-5 roasted almonds; green tea.

3 oz fat-free cottage cheese; 2 oz Carb Master yogurt; 1 tsp s/f Jello instant pudding mix; 2 Tbs fat-free Cool Whip; a few chopped almonds if I want to add crunch. Stirred into a legal "Blizzard."

1 scoop Chocolate Trutein Whey Protein, 1 tsp nat PB, and enough water to make a thick "frosting" consistency.

3 Cinnabun Mini Muffins with green tea.

Or I'll have one Oatmeal No-Bake with green tea.

Or 1 Tbs melted Coconut Oil, 1 Tbs Trutein, 2 oz Carb Master Yogurt, all stirred together into a thick "pudding," and if I need crunch, add toasted u/s coconut or almonds; or a Tbs of Fiber One.

These are several of my go-to SOS options when I'm craving something sweet. If they're available, they work. That's why I like to make sure I always have SOME of this stuff on hand at home and/or at the office.

Hope these help a little.

Hang in there, woman. You can do this!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 10-22-2013 at 10:46 AM..
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #1063
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
OMG T - I had forgotten we had talked about the melty ice cream before!! I'm the same damn WAY!! That melty stuff! Ooooh so good.

These ideas you just threw out there are fantastic. I'm printing out this whole page. How could I have forgotten about some of them? I was too used to being lazy and scooping up snack size snickers and ice cream from the freezer.

You're the best. Thank you!



edited to add: Your friend is nutz!! Not like meat??? It's the best. Sent to help us! lol

Last edited by DaisyGG; 10-22-2013 at 10:50 AM..
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #1064
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,911
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
For me? Definitely ice cream. No doubt about it. I think I've mentioned this to you before a few years back, the "melty" part of the ice cream on top the carton when you first bring it home from the store. OMG. Take it away from me. I'll jerk that baby open every time and scoop off that top melty layer. It is SO GRATIFYING. Temporarily! Followed by cravings...and guilt...and bloating...and lethargy (depending on how long I stand there scooping).
NO FREAKING WAY !! You both like that too???

Me, if we buy ice cream carton, I will only eat it the day we buy it and only if I get the top layer! OH and I have always microwaved mine for 10 seconds to make sure it is the perfect melty texture!

I thought it was just me!!!!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #1065
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
NO FREAKING WAY !! You both like that too???

Me, if we buy ice cream carton, I will only eat it the day we buy it and only if I get the top layer! OH and I have always microwaved mine for 10 seconds to make sure it is the perfect melty texture!

I thought it was just me!!!!!!!!!!!
The melty!

Just last weekend I was standing over a brand new tub (and I mean tub - husband LOVES his ice cream) of fudge ripple vanilla. I was scooping from the lid and around the melted edges. Sigh!!

No more for me.

This is day four sugar-free.

I'm feeling pretty good. Last evening we took Momma Betty (my MIL) to buy shoes. Her swollen, diabetic feet wouldn't fit in any shoes in Schuler Shoes. Even Finn. We tried men's shoes, but the smallest size they came in were too long for her.

I try to stay out of it because I do have such a big mouth, but this isn't a fate I want to see for me. Or my husband for that matter (he's a tough case - will.not.change - his mind is snapped shut). I do not want diabetes in my life.

I look at my chubby, yet capable body and think I can do better. So I'm doing better.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #1066
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,911
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Daisy, I am the same. My size right now is OK. I can easily wear a 10. Some 12's are HUGE on me, some fit ok. Size 10 is fairly consistent fitting good.....but I am CHUBBY! I am comfortable, but not where I should be. Easily 10 could be gone, if NOT 15!!! I need to get FOCUSED!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #1067
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Okay, you guys. I hear both of you.

I think we need to take a step back and applaud ourselves for staying vigilant. If not always successful, at least we're vigilant. That's more than a lot of people can say.

But putting teeth into that concession, being proactive is absolutely mandatory for optimum longevity. There are so many aging adults who still stand on "if it feels good, do it, life is too short." That is playing with fire.

Just like you mentioned about your MIL and the diabetes, the shoes. I don't want to be there either. And I don't want anyone in my family to have to go through those kinds of issues.

DGG, you are four days in on this quest. Technically, there are 17 days left to go before this has a chance of turning into a habit, something that you just automatically do without really thinking about it. Hopefully at that point it will be much less painful to deal with.

It makes sense to me that we should view sugar as we view known addictive dangerous drugs. Cocaine. Heroine. Meth. Etc. It is what it is. It's habit forming, it degrades our health in a variety of ways, and makes us look and feel like sh&t. For what? For one or two "hits" now and then? Why do we keep going back for more, knowing that abstaining has so many more advantages?

Life can still be enjoyable. It's learning to make new choices, like we talked about. Making sure our pantries are stocked with those better choices 24/7.

Every time I see a prematurely aging person with obvious health issues, I can't help but notice that they're usually overweight. Our "land of plenty" has become our kiss of death.

I congratulate you for taking control of your choices. You're making great progress.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #1068
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Okay, you guys. I hear both of you.

I think we need to take a step back and applaud ourselves for staying vigilant. If not always successful, at least we're vigilant. That's more than a lot of people can say.

But putting teeth into that concession, being proactive is absolutely mandatory for optimum longevity. There are so many aging adults who still stand on "if it feels good, do it, life is too short." That is playing with fire.

Just like you mentioned about your MIL and the diabetes, the shoes. I don't want to be there either. And I don't want anyone in my family to have to go through those kinds of issues.

DGG, you are four days in on this quest. Technically, there are 17 days left to go before this has a chance of turning into a habit, something that you just automatically do without really thinking about it. Hopefully at that point it will be much less painful to deal with.

It makes sense to me that we should view sugar as we view known addictive dangerous drugs. Cocaine. Heroine. Meth. Etc. It is what it is. It's habit forming, it degrades our health in a variety of ways, and makes us look and feel like sh&t For what? For one or two "hits" now and then? Why do we keep going back for more, knowing that abstaining has so many more advantages?

Life can still be enjoyable. It's learning to make new choices, like we talked about. Making sure our pantries are stocked with those better choices 24/7.

Every time I see a prematurely aging person with obvious health issues, I can't help but notice that they're usually overweight. Our "land of plenty" has become our kiss of death.

I congratulate you for taking control of your choices. You're making great progress.
Yes to all of this. Especially the parts I bolded. The part about seeing this as an addiction can seem to others an over-vigilance, but those of us that know we are addicted don't see it that way. I used to work at Hazelden in publishing and there were many books and pamphlets written about this addiction. In fact, Overeater's Anonymous is for people needing to give up sugar and flour. I think it's still like that.

Doing good! I've had lots of water and lots of coffee so I'm trucking down the long hall bunches of times today. It really adds up on my FitBit. It's all good.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #1069
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,911
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Our "land of plenty" has become our kiss of death.
This is very very true!

Daisy, YOU GOT THIS!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #1070
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Day five no sugar. It's getting much easier. I dodged millions of land mines yesterday and last night. I love my husband, but he offered me several different sugars until I play-snapped at him to STOP! He thinks he's funny! Arg!

Fifth day. Yay and yay.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #1071
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Day five no sugar. It's getting much easier. I dodged millions of land mines yesterday and last night. I love my husband, but he offered me several different sugars until I play-snapped at him to STOP! He thinks he's funny! Arg!

Fifth day. Yay and yay.
"Oh, yeah. That's incredibly funny. But I guarantee you I'll have the last laugh," she responded snarkily.



Your persistence will reward you, woman. Keep up the good work and lead by example.


Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 10-24-2013 at 11:08 AM..
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #1072
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,911
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
That's not funny, not funny at all!

Have a great weekend guys!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #1073
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Okay, this is day seven sugar-free.

I nearly caved last evening with ice cream. I had spent the day in Stillwater, MN with my sister antiquing and we had a cocktail before heading home. Hadn't eaten since a super good egg, green peppers, onions, sausage breakfast (no bread) in the morning.

So I get home and while driving I'm thinking about how Friday could be my "cheat day" and how I'm so tired and how I can start in ernest "tomorrow" and blah blah blah.

I kiss hubby (maybe more), we sit talking about our day, we start talking about what to have for supper. He mentions ordering a pizza. I'm thinking about ice cream.

We decide on these organic chicken pot pies we have in the freezer. I have a sugar-free root beer with a bit of cream splashed in there and that's it!

I didn't have any sugar. I'm up today feeling so good. Made a healthy breakfast of scrambled eggs with spinach and an organic chicken sausage from Costco (so good) and some coffee.

I'm so happy!

DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #1074
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Okay, this is day seven sugar-free.

I nearly caved last evening with ice cream. I had spent the day in Stillwater, MN with my sister antiquing and we had a cocktail before heading home. Hadn't eaten since a super good egg, green peppers, onions, sausage breakfast (no bread) in the morning.

So I get home and while driving I'm thinking about how Friday could be my "cheat day" and how I'm so tired and how I can start in ernest "tomorrow" and blah blah blah.

I kiss hubby (maybe more), we sit talking about our day, we start talking about what to have for supper. He mentions ordering a pizza. I'm thinking about ice cream.

We decide on these organic chicken pot pies we have in the freezer. I have a sugar-free root beer with a bit of cream splashed in there and that's it!

I didn't have any sugar. I'm up today feeling so good. Made a healthy breakfast of scrambled eggs with spinach and an organic chicken sausage from Costco (so good) and some coffee.

I'm so happy!

Seven days. Wow. This is big! So proud of you. Love that you pulled that SF root beer option out of that magic hat. Creative thinking, and that discipline pays off.

Keep going, keep going, keep going ...
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:01 AM   #1075
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Seven days. Wow. This is big! So proud of you. Love that you pulled that SF root beer option out of that magic hat. Creative thinking, and that discipline pays off.

Keep going, keep going, keep going ...
Thank you T! I am now on day 10 - I think? I'm going to count weeks now.

My darling daughter's due date is TODAY! We were finessing the nursery and shopped for a nursing chair for her yesterday. I have another bucket of baby clothes I ferreted out for washing.

Oh I cannot tell you how I can barely wait for this to happen. She is big-bellied. Not one stretch mark! I don't know why, but I didn't get any either so many years ago. She's pretty happy about that portion of her genetics! lol

DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #1076
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
No baby yet. I'm dying! Which is so selfish. My poor little girl. She is very very ready for that baby to be born.

I took time to have a good breakfast; eggs, chicken sausage, and spinach with coffee; so I do not have blood sugar crashes and cave to bad habits.

I haven't stepped on the scale, but my jeans are telling me today that nothing has changed. That's okay.

Everyone have a great day!
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:40 AM   #1077
Way too much time on my hands!
 
WATCH-ME-SHRINK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 11,242
Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
No baby yet. I'm dying! Which is so selfish. My poor little girl. She is very very ready for that baby to be born.

I took time to have a good breakfast; eggs, chicken sausage, and spinach with coffee; so I do not have blood sugar crashes and cave to bad habits.

I haven't stepped on the scale, but my jeans are telling me today that nothing has changed. That's okay.

Everyone have a great day!
Hold on and stay focused. Let your body process through this. It will.

In the meantime, move. Then move again. Just move around. I'm not kidding about this. It's the middle of the afternoon, let's say you've been parked for a couple of hours plus...get up, do ten jumping jacks, waist bends, body squats, left-right jabs, and a few hamstring stretches. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Now. Listen... hear that? Feel that. It's called a furnace. Your furnace. And something cranked it up.

Burn it.

Eagerly awaiting baby news here ...
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:00 AM   #1078
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Hold on and stay focused. Let your body process through this. It will.

In the meantime, move. Then move again. Just move around. I'm not kidding about this. It's the middle of the afternoon, let's say you've been parked for a couple of hours plus...get up, do ten jumping jacks, waist bends, body squats, left-right jabs, and a few hamstring stretches. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Now. Listen... hear that? Feel that. It's called a furnace. Your furnace. And something cranked it up.

Burn it.

Eagerly awaiting baby news here ...
I have a Fitbit to measure steps, but this idea is really good. You think of good ***** (ooops! I tried to fool LCF with spelling a bad word out a little weirdly, they are too smart for me!) tPretty!

No baby yet. DD1 and DD2 hang out every Tuesday and I was texting with DD2 last night and she said she's getting just like me - jumping every time her phone makes any kind of sound.

Hurry up Baby-Doll! We want to you!!
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:04 AM   #1079
Major LCF Poster!
 
DaisyGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,111
Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
I am drinking my morning coffee. I like mine with HWC and Stevia. It's so delicious I can't stand it right now.

I'm about to hop in the shower - looking forward to my day.

I will add in some movement as T suggested. I just never, ever thought of doing that. So silly.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #1080
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,911
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
NO BABY YET!?!?!?!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.