Old 09-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #1021
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Here in KS it is sometime in Sept, although, like you our temps have been SUPER high these past 8 days! OH Daisy, Happy birthday to DD1! When is she due again??? SHe sounds like a powerhouse indeed (much like her MOMMA!)
Oh you are sweet. She's due at the end of October/early November.

to my little boychick!
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #1022
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Dinner was super fun.....And I cannot wait for this baby! I had filet oskar with green beans almondine, a bacon-wrapped scallop, and bite of another bacon-type appy. Split a bottle of pinot noir with DD2.

YUM!

Okay - I have a bizarre little story to tell here. I went to Target during lunch to pick up lunch for Pup and get a birthday card for my girl and while I'm looking at the cards I see a man walking/running by in the aisle. He slides to a quick stop and comes up to me and says, "I found you! You were just outside yes? Driving a Jeep Wrangler and wearing a white hat?"

I say, "Yes, that's me?"

He says, "I decided to come in here to find you. I couldn't believe my eyes. You are so beautiful. J**sus *rist I cannot believe. I mean no disrespect."

I'm staring at him while he goes on and on! I even asked him if he had been drinking. I cannot remember the last time this happened to me although for whatever reason, I have a couple of bizarre stories from my past where weird things have happened to me kinda like this. I have no idea. I am not that gorgeous believe me. I'm a chunky little monkey!

I told him he made my day and after his request for my phone number I pointed to my rings and told him I am happily married. He told me to tell my husband he's a lucky man.

So . . . I bring Pup's lunch back to the office, tell him the story, and he says, "Oh that's nice sweetie." Hahahaha! He's totally not impressed! lolol! I told him that wasn't the response I wanted from him! OMgosh I am laughing very hard right now just typing all of this.

Just goes to show you, never get your head too swollen thinking you're the bomb, someone just might light your fuse and you could fizzle.

My word of wisdom for the day.
Ohhhhh, I LOVE IT!

YOU, my dear, are sadly mistaken. You are one hell of a beautiful woman, and this just happened to be one man whose inhibitions are low enough to have the courage to tell you. HAD to make your day! HAD TO.

Funny what you said about Pup's response ... that's the kind of response I would have gotten. Totally unaffected by stuff like that. Totally.

There isn't a jealous bone in his body. Not one. Not a single cell.

Okay -- so there ya go. Let that compliment feed your passion, your fire, your motivation. Ride it, girl!

Keep up the good work and have a fantastic day.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #1023
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Funny what you said about Pup's response ... that's the kind of response I would have gotten. Totally unaffected by stuff like that. Totally.

There isn't a jealous bone in his body. Not one. Not a single cell.
That is so funny that your husband is the same way! I wanted a little tiny bit of jealousy for the cryin' out loud! Heh!

My wasband (first husband as you know) was TOTALLY jealous and I would never ever tell him anything. He would get so angry if a guy even glanced towards me when we were out. So I should be grateful for my Pup.

But sheesh! lol

Smooches and have a great day yourself girl!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:36 AM   #1024

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Have a great Friday girl! Fun Plans for the weekend?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #1025
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Monica! Nothing special I don't think.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #1026

How was the weekend??? Calm? Enjoyable??? Did you do anything fun?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #1027
Major LCF Poster!

Weekend was seriously challenging. Overall it wasn't bad for the eats though.

Plan for day:
  • Bring Oliver (new kitty) to vet for nugget screening
  • Walk George (dog)
  • Hit gym
  • Get in fridge and cupboards and plan the next couple of days regarding feeding time
  • Clean house
  • Do laundry (seriously behind)
I work Tues, Wed, Thurs typically (so far) and today will be a great catchup day for here at home. I also need to work on some marketing stuff for the office, but we'll see how that goes. Maybe later?

Have progressive days my friends!

Last edited by DaisyGG; 09-16-2013 at 05:51 AM..
Old 09-17-2013, 02:37 AM   #1028

Quote:
Weekend was seriously challenging. Overall it wasn't bad for the eats though.

Plan for day:
  • Bring Oliver (new kitty) to vet for nugget screening
  • Walk George (dog)
  • Hit gym
  • Get in fridge and cupboards and plan the next couple of days regarding feeding time
  • Clean house
  • Do laundry (seriously behind)
I work Tues, Wed, Thurs typically (so far) and today will be a great catchup day for here at home. I also need to work on some marketing stuff for the office, but we'll see how that goes. Maybe later?

Have progressive days my friends!
DGG, you've been on my mind. Reaching out with a big hug of support and encouragement. I hope this day brings you a continual source of smiles and laughter and INTERNAL energy to "progress" and move ahead. Life CAN INDEED be challenging. It has a way of exposing our inner strengths (or lack of them...I speak from personal experience), and if we handle it in a productive way, we are galvanized. We rise above the darkness. Our resilience is solidified.

Focus on everything positive today. Exhale.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:17 AM   #1029
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
DGG, you've been on my mind. Reaching out with a big hug of support and encouragement. I hope this day brings you a continual source of smiles and laughter and INTERNAL energy to "progress" and move ahead. Life CAN INDEED be challenging. It has a way of exposing our inner strengths (or lack of them...I speak from personal experience), and if we handle it in a productive way, we are galvanized. We rise above the darkness. Our resilience is solidified.

Focus on everything positive today. Exhale.
Smooches to you my friend. I'm seriously thinking of getting one of those rubber-type bracelets and have it say, "WWTD."
Old 09-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #1030
Major LCF Poster!

Okay . . .

Yesterday was pretty good. Got George's walk in. Did most of the household chores. Pup's aunty died yesterday morning so there were some plans changed and plans made. I'm sad. She was a pistol and will be missed by all of us.

Today's plan:

Work, but I have to leave early to meet with a contractor for a bid on new windows on the front of the house. And have Momma Betty for dinner (Pup's mom).

I'm making chicken breasts, squash for MB and I and a baked potato for Pup. Broccoli. Salad? If I get time I'd love to bake some zuke bread. Mmmm!

I'll get a George-walk in when Pup is bringing MB home. We should make her walk a little bit, but she hates it. She sits way too much, but at this point change is hard (she's 83).

Rock on with your socks on peeps!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #1031

My thoughts/prayers go out to your family for your loss.

OH I love Zucchini bread. LOVE IT SO!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #1032

Make some for me!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #1033

Quote:

I'll get a George-walk in when Pup is bringing MB home. We should make her walk a little bit, but she hates it. She sits way too much, but at this point change is hard (she's 83).
Wow. Does this ever resonate with me personally. In many ways. THIS is what I want to avoid in my life and the lives of those around me. It boils down to quality of life and longevity.

This is a hot topic of late between me and a friend of mine.

My MIL is the exact same way and I think the same age too. She's always been sedentary, as long as I've known her, and now, of course, it's far worse. She sits, sits, sits, and when she DOES move, she moves slowly and seemingly restricted, like it's not comfortable to "move." Her mind is perfect. I'm convinced that the reason is because she's been so inactive her whole life.

She even asked the last time she came to visit if I could refill her coffee. She was sitting at the KITCHEN TABLE. The coffee pot is about 15 FEET AWAY. So wer're talking, what, 30 steps? 35? REALLY?

I poured it reluctantly, grumbling inside (oh, if only she could hear my not-so-quiet inner voice), and she responded, "Oh, thank you. That saves me from having to get up."

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Hope you were successful in getting MB's cute little butt off that sofa.

And I hope you guys had a great family dinner together.

Show 'em how it's done, George!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:02 AM   #1034
Major LCF Poster!

Oh T! You and I think exactly the same. I want to make her move more as well. I've tried and tried over the eight years I've known her, but it's never been enough to make a difference.

My dad is 83 also. And even though he just had a stroke, I do believe he is recovering as quickly as he is is directly because he has always been a mover. He has walked and used strengthening exercises every day of his life - especially since his retirement when he was 58 or so.

My girlfriend's mil is the opposite of my Momma Betty - she just turned 90, still drives, is engaged and engaging, walks everywhere, full of life and fun. Keeping her mind and body fit has been the key I think. And she is naturally curious about OTHERS. Not so inwardly focused on any aches or pains she might have. And I know she has them. She's 90 for the cryin' out loud. lol

Yes T, when I can't get my own coffee, please bring me out in the woods and leave me there. I will deserve that.

Since I've had my Fitbit I've been so much more aware of movement and make extra efforts every day to get steps in there. And when it shows that I've been engaging in rigorous activity that makes me so happy! I gladly run around, I gladly hop down the long hallway to the bathroom at the office, I gladly park way out in the parking lot, I gladly wander all around the large grocery store - all of these steps add up. Move like a caveman! Ha!

Quote:
It boils down to quality of life and longevity.
Oh hella yes it does.

Last edited by DaisyGG; 09-18-2013 at 04:10 AM..
Old 09-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #1035
Major LCF Poster!

Oh oh! I really do not have a plan in place for today. We ate all of our dinner last night! Baked bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts are really delicious.

Oh wait! There is acorn squash left over.

I'll figure it out. We can grill angus burgers (make mine bunless!) for dinner. And I want to make that damn zuke bread I've been thinking about all week.

Okay - that's the plan.

Oh - and a walk for George.

Done and done!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #1036

SOunds like you just made a PLAN! Way to pull it together.

DH and I keep chick peas around so that we can throw that with other veggies, Balsamic dressing and cheese if we are in a pinch for lunch! Since it is still warm, it is a nice go to, Quick cool salad. When the weather turns, we can lean more on soups as a go to, but with today's high of 93* soup is the last thing on my mind!
Old 09-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #1037
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
SOunds like you just made a PLAN! Way to pull it together.

DH and I keep chick peas around so that we can throw that with other veggies, Balsamic dressing and cheese if we are in a pinch for lunch! Since it is still warm, it is a nice go to, Quick cool salad. When the weather turns, we can lean more on soups as a go to, but with today's high of 93* soup is the last thing on my mind!
Funny how we (me??) look forward to summer ALL winter. Then when it's still HOT and HUMID in September I'm wanting to be DONE with it. Enough! Heh!
Old 09-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #1038
Major LCF Poster!

It's Friday y'all!

I'm about to make myself and Pup some eggs, I'm cleaning a bit today, laundry a bit today, and a biz meeting later in the day that will end with a happy hour.

Sounds good to me!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #1039

Quote:
It's Friday y'all!

I'm about to make myself and Pup some eggs, I'm cleaning a bit today, laundry a bit today, and a biz meeting later in the day that will end with a happy hour.

Sounds good to me!
Oh, it most definitely is FRIDAY!

I've spent the last two days up to my eyeballs, working tediously on some jobs, and I'm finally finished with it. As soon as I get a phone call (or email) from one of the parties, I'm OUT OF HERE.

My day shall indeed end with a HAPPY hour. Hope yours goes well and you enjoy your Friday evening.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #1040
Major LCF Poster!

Saturday was good. Pup is in Iowa for the weekend so I have had the place to myself which can be good! I enjoy my alone time.

Yesterday was very good. Cleaning and laundry. Made meatballs and ate them with a cream sauce and a bit of rice. Stayed good on calories and carbs. No snacking! Yay!

Friday happy hour was great as well. A couple of cocktails and a salad. All good!

No plan for the day just yet. Maybe a movie with a friend and EMMY's tonight! Love watching all the fashion.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #1041

Quote:
Saturday was good. Pup is in Iowa for the weekend so I have had the place to myself which can be good! I enjoy my alone time.

Yesterday was very good. Cleaning and laundry. Made meatballs and ate them with a cream sauce and a bit of rice. Stayed good on calories and carbs. No snacking! Yay!

Friday happy hour was great as well. A couple of cocktails and a salad. All good!

No plan for the day just yet. Maybe a movie with a friend and EMMY's tonight! Love watching all the fashion.
Hey, girl.

Hope you had a good weekend doing solo. I love having solo time!

I didn't get my happy hour on Friday...MIL visiting. Kind of wasn't the same, kwim? LOL

But I enjoyed my red on Saturday night. Last night was cool, and we built our first fire of the season out back. It was a beautiful night. I wanted marshmallows ... but I RESISTED.

Waiting for a call from Tech Support to help me install a license key for my software. Had to buy a new laptop (mine is fine inside, but the "shell" has a busted hinge that can't be repaired. ugh. the new one arrived this morning...I feel like it's Christmas morning!)
Old 09-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #1042
Major LCF Poster!

Oh the first fire!

I still feel like, somehow, we didn't enjoy the outside part of our yard, not nearly enough!

Oh a new laptop. What did you get? I just got a Lenova desktop PC and so far I'm liking it. It's taking me a minute to get used to the PC stuff because I personally own Macs.

But it's good! I'm liking all of it.

Are you having a good week tPretty?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #1043
Major LCF Poster!

It's Wednesday already. I can't believe it's Wednesday already.

A good week. I'm leaving on Monday to roadtrip to Idaho with my sister. We are returning my dad's car to him. I'm kinda looking forward to it, but not the time away from home. A whole week I'll be gone.

grump

Old 09-26-2013, 02:42 AM   #1044

Quote:
It's Wednesday already. I can't believe it's Wednesday already.

A good week. I'm leaving on Monday to roadtrip to Idaho with my sister. We are returning my dad's car to him. I'm kinda looking forward to it, but not the time away from home. A whole week I'll be gone.

grump

Yep, and now Thursday...it has gone fast, I think.

The mention of the road trip made me think of Thelma and Louise. Road trips are fun because they are the epitome of adventure. I like adventure. We all do -- or most of us do, I guess. I shouldn't assume anything.

It just did it again. I typed two sentences, hit one random key (random is relevant here, explain later), and those two sentences are gone.

A good week. Three words...

Don't forget to plan -- remember the P word?-- before you leave Sunday night. Prepare road snacks. Visualize what how you will be dining, and suggest a walk each day with your sister. Drop to the floor one evening while you guys are sitting around and do 5-10 pushups...why?...because you can. Show that you mean business. Set an example.

It will come full circle.

Have a kickin' Thursday!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:54 AM   #1045
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yep, and now Thursday...it has gone fast, I think.

The mention of the road trip made me think of Thelma and Louise. Road trips are fun because they are the epitome of adventure. I like adventure. We all do -- or most of us do, I guess. I shouldn't assume anything.

It just did it again. I typed two sentences, hit one random key (random is relevant here, explain later), and those two sentences are gone.

A good week. Three words...

Don't forget to plan -- remember the P word?-- before you leave Sunday night. Prepare road snacks. Visualize what how you will be dining, and suggest a walk each day with your sister. Drop to the floor one evening while you guys are sitting around and do 5-10 pushups...why?...because you can. Show that you mean business. Set an example.

It will come full circle.

Have a kickin' Thursday!
The road snacks will be the thing. And not too many of them. Sitting in a car for hours - huzzah! I love the exercise in your room thing. I'll totally do that. And the daily walk.

Hopefully everywhere we land in the evening will have wifi so I can use my iPad.

Thanks my T. I need to stay on it.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #1046

OH girl! Road trip with your sister sounds GREAT! I would love to do that! Hope you are having a GREAT FRIDAY-EVE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #1047

Hey girl, how goes it??? LONG TIME NO CHAT!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:31 AM   #1048
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey girl, how goes it??? LONG TIME NO CHAT!
It goes fine girl!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:36 AM   #1049
Major LCF Poster!

Long stories that I won't go into much, but sister and I decided to ship the car to my dad. We wanted to take that car trip, but when we did the math it would have cost about $3k more or less and a solid week neither of us could afford right now. She owns horses that she would have had to make complicated arrangements for and I have just started with our new business and felt badly that I would have abandoned my husband for that time.

Shipping the car cost $800. Hard to argue with that math!

I've been neck-deep in new biz stuff and attending classes with my DD1 that is ready to pop out the Baby-Doll any minute!

Working on keeping it on track.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #1050

Now, you are right! $800 EASY to decide on that!

OH How exciting! I can't wait to see pics of the new one! How's the business going?