Old 08-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #991
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Okay!

The shower is over. So much fun.

My dad is back in Idaho. That was a busy busy time caretaking two recovering elderly people.

Now it's time for me!

My focus is me. I'm concentrating on me. Getting stronger. Getting happier. Getting thinner.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2013, 05:06 AM   #992
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Okay!

The shower is over. So much fun.

My dad is back in Idaho. That was a busy busy time caretaking two recovering elderly people.

Now it's time for me!

My focus is me.
I'm concentrating on me.
Getting stronger.
Getting happier.
Getting thinner
That's what we wanna hear.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:54 AM   #993
Major LCF Poster!

Saturday

Here's the plan:
  1. IF until supper
  2. Lots of walking around Ikea (shopping for our Baby-Doll - grandson in the making - and getting my office furniture)
  3. Eating clean clean clean today
  4. Tons of water. I loaded up with my favorite Smartwater. I'm a nerd and love how the bottle looks so I believe I drink more. And I love anything Jennifer Anniston. Ha!
That looks like a good start. I'm not certain about later, but I believe we'll be bringing everything to the office to set it all up. I would like to squeeze in some gym time later this evening. Pup (husband) will think me daft. Too bad! lol

I could back up here a bit. My husband works for a firm and owns his own business (he's a CPA). It's been in the works for a while for him to buy part of his client base from his firm and this is finally happening! We start the month of September. The plan is for me to handle his administrative stuff and do marketing. I have our website set up and now I will be able to pull the trigger for other marketing tools I've been mulling over. All the usual suspects like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. I am excited and nervous in a good way!

Last edited by DaisyGG; 08-31-2013 at 05:56 AM..
Old 09-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #994
Major LCF Poster!

Rats! Plans for the day (yesterday) went "plonk" right out of window.

That's okay, today is a new day.

Plan:
  1. IF until suppertime
  2. move furniture and set up office
  3. clean kitchen (Pup made pancakes - yes I ate two - I NEVER eat pancakes )
  4. gym
I do like to think of fall as a beginning season. It's not fall yet, but school is about to start and I did buy that HUGE Vogue magazine.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #995
Major LCF Poster!

The best made plans . . .

Accountability peeps! If I can't be honest I am only hurting myself.

Very busy day yesterday. Pup and I spent the entire day at the office. First emptying my office space of the old furniture, bringing it down to the basement in the building, building my new Ikea office furniture (cheap and cheerful), and setting up my computer, internet, printer, etc.

We brought our dog George with and although it sounds like it wouldn't be much fun for a 70 pound AmStaff, he had a blast running through the halls back and forth as we dragged old furniture and millions of discarded chairs through those halls.

My Fitbit told me that we had a very busy day and even though lots of it was build and setup, I hit 8,000 steps and burned beyond my calorie goal.

The bad news is at the end of the day we stopped at Target at 9:00 p.m. to pick up staples and pet food.

Now, I'm not going to blame my sweet husband, but he is really bad. You should have seen our cart and the treats he got himself. Let's just say that he was overjoyed to find Twinkies back on the Target shelf and back on our shelves at home.

My treat? Doritos.

Why are Doritos my blindspot?

After having a great and busy day where I ate some chicken for lunch (grab and go) I had Doritos for a very late dinner.

Grump and a little bit. Serves me right for eating junk.

I'm filing it in my 20 percent for the weekend.

It's a new day and thank God for them.

So I'm drinking my coffee and writing in my LCF journal and I am optimistic.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #996

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
It IS a new day!

How exciting for you and your DH starting a new adventure. I too am an account. I am the CFO of a conglomerate of small businesses, one of which is mine/Dh's! I do all accounted except taxes! Good luck to you and your DH in your new business!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #997
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
It IS a new day!

How exciting for you and your DH starting a new adventure. I too am an account. I am the CFO of a conglomerate of small businesses, one of which is mine/Dh's! I do all accounted except taxes! Good luck to you and your DH in your new business!
Oh Monica! You are a kindred spirit then! I'm not a good numbers person (I went back to school for accounting a few years ago and struggled hard!), but I can do all the other stuff.

His biz is lots of yearly 1040 clients and a huge (hopefully huger with me growing our biz) base of monthly clients. His niche right now is contractors. He does all their stuff.

Is the busy season a factor for you then since you don't do taxes? Or is your year nice and static? Pup's tax season is long long hours and afterwards we do a vacation! The payoff.

Thanks for telling me that!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #998

Quote:
The best made plans . . .

Accountability peeps! If I can't be honest I am only hurting myself.

..............I hit 8,000 steps and burned beyond my calorie goal.

The bad news is at the end of the day we stopped at Target at 9:00 p.m. to pick up staples and pet food.

Now, I'm not going to blame my sweet husband, but he is really bad. You should have seen our cart and the treats he got himself. Let's just say that he was overjoyed to find Twinkies back on the Target shelf and back on our shelves at home.

My treat? Doritos.

Why are Doritos my blindspot?

After having a great and busy day where I ate some chicken for lunch (grab and go) I had Doritos for a very late dinner.

Grump and a little bit. Serves me right for eating junk.

I'm filing it in my 20 percent for the weekend.

It's a new day and thank God for them.

So I'm drinking my coffee and writing in my LCF journal and I am optimistic.
Tell Pup those Twinkies will corrode his brain cells and cause him to lose his sexual stamina.

That should do it.

And your Doritos are out of your system, a thing of the past. They're just gonna slow down your progress, and now you know that they don't even come CLOSE to tasting as good as feeling fit and lean feels.

Make cheese chips! Find a substitute that gets you through those tough times.

This whole accountability thing is your Ace, girlfriend!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #999

Quote:
Oh Monica! You are a kindred spirit then! I'm not a good numbers person (I went back to school for accounting a few years ago and struggled hard!), but I can do all the other stuff.

His biz is lots of yearly 1040 clients and a huge (hopefully huger with me growing our biz) base of monthly clients. His niche right now is contractors. He does all their stuff.

Is the busy season a factor for you then since you don't do taxes? Or is your year nice and static? Pup's tax season is long long hours and afterwards we do a vacation! The payoff.

Thanks for telling me that!
When I lived in Vegas back in the 90's briefly, I worked for a CPA firm and my specialty was contrator/construction accounting. I worked a lot of the larger construction companies in town on organizing and managing their "job" based accounting. That and Homeowners Associations! I hated those. Nothing worse than a governing body that EVERONE hated! YOU all will do well, I JUST KNOW IT!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #1000
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Loved Twyla's advice to you -- Daisy. You have made great progress and love the idea of having acceptable substitutes nearby when a carb craving happens.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #1001
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
When I lived in Vegas back in the 90's briefly, I worked for a CPA firm and my specialty was contrator/construction accounting. I worked a lot of the larger construction companies in town on organizing and managing their "job" based accounting. That and Homeowners Associations! I hated those. Nothing worse than a governing body that EVERONE hated! YOU all will do well, I JUST KNOW IT!
Thank you Monica. I think we'll do good too.

I still can't get over this - same biz nearly!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #1002
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Tell Pup those Twinkies will corrode his brain cells and cause him to lose his sexual stamina.

That should do it.

And your Doritos are out of your system, a thing of the past. They're just gonna slow down your progress, and now you know that they don't even come CLOSE to tasting as good as feeling fit and lean feels.

Make cheese chips! Find a substitute that gets you through those tough times.

This whole accountability thing is your Ace, girlfriend!
LOLOL about the Twinkies!! I'll tell him that Twinkies will give him a twinkie. Ha! lolol
Old 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #1003
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Loved Twyla's advice to you -- Daisy. You have made great progress and love the idea of having acceptable substitutes nearby when a carb craving happens.
She has the best advice always doesn't she?
Old 09-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #1004
Major LCF Poster!

Tuesday

Busy busy day. First day with our new biz and working for that slave driver husband.

We ran out for a little bit to have supper with his momma and I had 1/2 half of a patty melt and some coleslaw. Delicious! Plan is to eat the second half tomorrow for lunch or supper. Or as Pup calls it from time to time, "Lupper." lol

Drank tons of water with lemon and I feel better .

Yay to having even the start of a plan.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:45 AM   #1005

FUNNY! We are so similar! I work with my DH too! Have for almost 15 years now. It can be fun, but can be stressful too!

Having the start of a plan, that's is 1/2 of making it happen! WE can do this girl!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 02:42 AM   #1006

Old 09-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #1007

How are you today girl????????
Old 09-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #1008
Major LCF Poster!

Hello you guys!

My first day in the office (yesterday) was busy busy. And challenging eats-wise. I totally stress-ate when I got home. Not awful, but a little.

Today is better.

I'm going to go see how ya'll are doing . . .
Old 09-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #1009

OH stress is the WORST! How did yesterday go???
Old 09-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #1010

So about the Doritos thing.

I experimented last night with a small slice of Coastal Mature Cheddar I'd bought at Delallo's Market in Greensburg PA last weekend -- wow, WHAT an amazing place. Fresh veggies, fruits, nuts, pastas, cheeses, sauces, you name it. My only complaint: They don't sell wine! But hey, it's Pennsylvania. I forgot. You can only buy wine at liquor stores there. Bummer. What a pain.

I digress.

So I took this little slice of CM Cheddar (very sharp & hard) and nuked it for about 45 secs on parchment paper. I blotted the excess oil from the cheese with a napkin and let it cool a minute. And then bit down into that baby...

Who needs processed, carby Doritos when you can have this instead?

Now not giving you unlimited access to these, obviously, but you could allow yourself to have a small serving of "crisps" like these (use the good stuff!) once a week, something to look forward to and to get your "Doritos" fix.

Something to think about.

Is that a good PLAN?

Old 09-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #1011

Old 09-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #1012

How was the weekend girl?
Old 09-10-2013, 05:03 AM   #1013
Major LCF Poster!

weekend was good!

T - yes, thank goodness for new days.

Day two with no binging. Yay to me!

I've already walked the dog, watered all my outdoor plants, swept the deck, cleaned all the glass surfaces out and in. Now I'm jumping in the shower soon and heading to work.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #1014
Major LCF Poster!

A good day.

Tons of walking. I was drinking lots of water and making many trips down that long hall. Fitbit likes that! We're on the 4th floor and even though it tweaks my knee, I am walking down the stairs. Tomorrow I will start adding walking up the stairs. Why not take advantage?

I also park very far out in the parking lot. There's something to be said about getting to the office later in the morning. Ha!

Had a great salad from the Byerly's salad bar for lunch and got home late (7:30) and made myself chicken salad and ate some on one piece of Trader Joe's Sprouted Rye bread. Perfect

I'm getting sleepy already! Going to bed is always a good plan when you don't want to snoop around in the kitchen. I have some new catalogs to check out. The air is nice and cool and I can have the windows open. Lovely!

Edit: Pup just asked me to help with some organization for an early morning meeting. But I'll hit the loft right after. I'm saying all of this boring crap out loud so I actually do it.

Last edited by DaisyGG; 09-10-2013 at 06:49 PM..
Old 09-11-2013, 02:42 AM   #1015

Quote:
A good day.

Tons of walking. I was drinking lots of water and making many trips down that long hall. Fitbit likes that! We're on the 4th floor and even though it tweaks my knee, I am walking down the stairs. Tomorrow I will start adding walking up the stairs. Why not take advantage?

I also park very far out in the parking lot. There's something to be said about getting to the office later in the morning. Ha!

Had a great salad from the Byerly's salad bar for lunch and got home late (7:30) and made myself chicken salad and ate some on one piece of Trader Joe's Sprouted Rye bread. Perfect

I'm getting sleepy already! Going to bed is always a good plan when you don't want to snoop around in the kitchen. I have some new catalogs to check out. The air is nice and cool and I can have the windows open. Lovely!

Edit: Pup just asked me to help with some organization for an early morning meeting. But I'll hit the loft right after. I'm saying all of this boring crap out loud so I actually do it.
I've bolded the comments that I instinctively say "YES!!!" to ... See? You're doing this. You're thinking, you're planning, you're being affirmative. All necessary to keep moving forward.

I'm seeing the beginnings of some balance in your behaviors here too. That's big. REALLY big.

You mentioned cooler there...ah, jealous! It's like a sauna here, and it makes me grumpy. Really puts me at a disadvantage when dieting and trying to exercise. I go into grumpy bear mode (emphasis on bear) and want to crawl in a cool dark cave and roar at anyone who dares enter.

This will just make fall all that more appreciated when it finally arrives.

Okay, woman. Do NOT look back. Remember that. You're moving forward smoothly and you got this.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #1016
Major LCF Poster!

When does it typically cool down for you guys T? It was 99 here yesterday if you can believe. Much cooler now and much lower dew points. The dew points are what get me. I love what humidity does for our skin, but not what it does otherwise. You feel like you're suffocating! I hope it cools for you guys soon.

Thank you thank you! I am moving forward and I am feeling good.

I like feeling this way so much more than the other way.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:07 AM   #1017
Major LCF Poster!

So . . . plan for the day.

We are really busy at the office. Lots of transitioning. I have many plans for marketing and networking our biz, but for now I'm handling the admin end. It's all good and I'm having a blast!

Today is my DD1s birthday. She's pregnant, graduating from college, and managing a large department at work. She's a powerhouse! So the whole family is going for dinner at a chi chi restaurant curtesy of one of Pup's clients. So nice!

My plan is clean eats: a nice salad, a steak, and a glass of red. Sounds perfect to me!

I will bring some of the chicken salad I made yesterday with me to work for lunch.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #1018

Here in KS it is sometime in Sept, although, like you our temps have been SUPER high these past 8 days! OH Daisy, Happy birthday to DD1! When is she due again??? SHe sounds like a powerhouse indeed (much like her MOMMA!)
Old 09-12-2013, 02:30 AM   #1019
Major LCF Poster!

Dinner was super fun! Poor little DD1 is just beginning to have swollen feet. She's due in about six weeks or so and I worry a little bit because she is just so very busy. She's been working on her degree for a long time and is going to graduate in May. She works full time in a corporate job for a bank downtown, is married, and now she'll have a baby.

She'll be fine. She really is a powerhouse.

And I cannot wait for this baby!

I had filet oskar with green beans almondine, a bacon-wrapped scallop, and bite of another bacon-type appy. Split a bottle of pinot noir with DD2.

Okay - I have a bizarre little story to tell here. I went to Target during lunch to pick up lunch for Pup and get a birthday card for my girl and while I'm looking at the cards I see a man walking/running by in the aisle. He slides to a quick stop and comes up to me and says, "I found you! You were just outside yes? Driving a Jeep Wrangler and wearing a white hat?"

I say, "Yes, that's me?"

He says, "I decided to come in here to find you. I couldn't believe my eyes. You are so beautiful. J**sus *rist I cannot believe. I mean no disrespect."

I'm staring at him while he goes on and on! I even asked him if he had been drinking. I cannot remember the last time this happened to me although for whatever reason, I have a couple of bizarre stories from my past where weird things have happened to me kinda like this. I have no idea. I am not that gorgeous believe me. I'm a chunky little monkey!

I told him he made my day and after his request for my phone number I pointed to my rings and told him I am happily married. He told me to tell my husband he's a lucky man.

So . . . I bring Pup's lunch back to the office, tell him the story, and he says, "Oh that's nice sweetie." Hahahaha! He's totally not impressed! lolol! I told him that wasn't the response I wanted from him! OMgosh I am laughing very hard right now just typing all of this.

Just goes to show you, never get your head too swollen thinking you're the bomb, someone just might light your fuse and you could fizzle.

My word of wisdom for the day.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:30 AM   #1020
Major LCF Poster!

posted double

Last edited by DaisyGG; 09-12-2013 at 02:33 AM..