LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #961
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Signature Weight

I'm going back and forth in my mind what beginning weight would honestly represent my journey.

I have weighed as much as 220 back a long time ago. When I was still married to my wasband and before I ever worked out.

After maintaining a 50-60 pound loss for many years I gained back to 209 in 2008 after losing my corporate job and ripping my meniscus and the subsequent surgery.

Had some good success in the past couple of years and how this past winter have gained back to about 200. Mostly is bounces to 199, but 200 is what I did spy one morning. Truth girl!

I'm going to put back the 220. Mostly as a reminder of what I never want to see again and a push to get my weight back to where I felt wonderful and wore a size 8-10 which is a good size for my body frame.

Decision made!
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #962
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
I'm going back and forth in my mind what beginning weight would honestly represent my journey.

I have weighed as much as 220 back a long time ago. When I was still married to my wasband and before I ever worked out.

After maintaining a 50-60 pound loss for many years I gained back to 209 in 2008 after losing my corporate job and ripping my meniscus and the subsequent surgery.

Had some good success in the past couple of years and how this past winter have gained back to about 200. Mostly is bounces to 199, but 200 is what I did spy one morning. Truth girl!

I'm going to put back the 220. Mostly as a reminder of what I never want to see again and a push to get my weight back to where I felt wonderful and wore a size 8-10 which is a good size for my body frame.
Decision made!
Well-ah-right then. I wanna drop some weight too -- the haunts of hormonal-and-summer-slump fallout. My current goal is to be 12 lbs lighter by October 15.

There's work to be done. No time to waste. And the accountability patrol will be knocking at our door daily.

Let's do it.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #963
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Well-ah-right then. I wanna drop some weight too -- the haunts of hormonal-and-summer-slump fallout. My current goal is to be 12 lbs lighter by October 15.

There's work to be done. No time to waste. And the accountability patrol will be knocking at our door daily.

Let's do it.

Yes! Work to be done. I'm having fun on this second day of having my Fitbit. It's good to see just how much movement happens naturally during the day.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #964

"Movement that happens naturally during the day."

Very relelvant here in the big scheme of things. Energy expended.

That's the determining factor of how our metabolism comes into play in making or breaking our best of intentions.

Although low carb is hugely helpful in burning fat and dropping the weight, we need to keep our furnaces running efficiently not with just the proper AMOUNT of fuel, but keeping that metabolism happy and ignited.

If we eat more cals than we burn, it WILL catch up with us, low carb or not.

Just keep this in mind. If you are faced with an idle moment, feeling bored, tired, whatever, and you find yourself wanting to snack just because it tastes good, not because you're hungry necessarily, even a 10-15 min walk can take your mind off of it and stoke your furnace, and in most cases, will actually kill those cravings.

To keep it interesting, find some really good tunes. Make a playlist. There are songs that when you hear them, to not want to move would indicate you may not have a pulse. THAT'S what I'm talkin' bout. The good stuff. The can't-help-but-get-fired-up good stuff. Crank 'em up and head out the door. Two birds with one stone.

Rock your day, girlfriend!

Old 08-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #965
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just keep this in mind. If you are faced with an idle moment, feeling bored, tired, whatever, and you find yourself wanting to snack just because it tastes good, not because you're hungry necessarily, even a 10-15 min walk can take your mind off of it and stoke your furnace, and in most cases, will actually kill those cravings.
This is exactly what I want. Only day three with my Fitbit, but I'm so much more aware of movement just by having this on my wrist.

Look what I use for my gym key! Girl, I'm running (metaphorically) right behind you. Can you see me in your rear-view mirror? heh!

Old 08-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #966
Major LCF Poster!

Today:

check - Hit the gym
check - IFing until dinner
check - enjoying one of summer's most beautiful days

It's 75 degrees right now. This is my PERFECT temperature. Lots of my friends love it much hotter, but for me this is so lovely.

Driving my Wrangler to the gym this morning with the top down made me so happy. It's so easy to feel happy - I want to bottle this feeling and take a huge swig when I'm down.

I am also heading out tonight to hang with my dearest friend, Reechie. We are meeting at a chi-chi Italian resto where I do believe I'll have a glass of red and a lovely salmon salad. I am driving my car even though it might ruin the hair I'm working on right now. Who cares!

A lovely day.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:41 AM   #967

Quote:
Today:

check - Hit the gym
check - IFing until dinner
check - enjoying one of summer's most beautiful days

It's 75 degrees right now. This is my PERFECT temperature. Lots of my friends love it much hotter, but for me this is so lovely.

I second that.

Driving my Wrangler to the gym this morning with the top down made me so happy. It's so easy to feel happy - I want to bottle this feeling and take a huge swig when I'm down.

I am also heading out tonight to hang with my dearest friend, Reechie. We are meeting at a chi-chi Italian resto where I do believe I'll have a glass of red and a lovely salmon salad. I am driving my car even though it might ruin the hair I'm working on right now. Who cares!

A lovely day.
Love a good, happy post. You'll begin to see a pattern eventually. As your body feels better, you eat better, you get stronger and more conditioned, you'll have more energy and sleep better; your confidence will improve; your world will become far more enjoyable, as if seeing everything for the first time again. It mirrors the feeling of "falling in love." These are the priceless benefits of eating and living well.

Yes, take a mental snapshot of that feeling, girl. Yep, bottle it if you can. But don't ever forget it.

This is only the beginning.

ps....how fitting that you'd place a "wisdom" icon on your gym key ring! (wink) When I saw that, my heart smiled.

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 08-08-2013 at 02:44 AM..
Old 08-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #968
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Love a good, happy post. You'll begin to see a pattern eventually. As your body feels better, you eat better, you get stronger and more conditioned, you'll have more energy and sleep better; your confidence will improve; your world will become far more enjoyable, as if seeing everything for the first time again. It mirrors the feeling of "falling in love." These are the priceless benefits of eating and living well.
This whole acting-as-if thing works I'm thinking.

Yes!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #969
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was a total yes for me. A lovely, lovely day. Ate everything good, dinner with a sweet friend, bourbon rather than wine - but I do love my bourbon, a little bit of shopping. Perfection.

Today's plan:
  • continue clean eating
  • meeting another friend to walk around Lake Harriett
  • more water
Yippy!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:53 AM   #970
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday I hit nearly 10,000 steps with my Fitbit. I love this thing! Not only does it count steps, measure miles, log calories, and connect with my online food tracker of choice, it will tell you when you did your intense exercise.

And I'm hyper-aware of it - meaning I simply remember to get off my duff if I've been reclining and eating those peeled grapes from my DH. Oh wait! That never happens so it must be when I'm reclining in general.

Ha!

My friend Shelley-Belly and I walked around Lake Harriet. About 3 miles from what I found out from a little bit of googling. Fitbit measured 45 minutes of intense effort which made me so happy. I always think I'm not walking that fast since my knee surgery since that knee just doesn't work as well as it used to. I guess I'm moving faster than I realized!

When we hit the pavilion, SB needed lunch (I had eaten breakfast with hubs - scrambled eggs and grapefruit) so I sat and people-watched up a storm. Minneapolis, especially this part of Minneapolis, is so beautiful. Lake Harriet is a very nice area so the peeps are fun to look at.

In fact, half of the fun walking was not only the PERFECT day, it was eye-scaning all the gorgeous houses along the lake. I'm bringing my phone with next time so I can get a couple of shots.

A really good day. A simple little thing like a walk with a good friend can really make the difference.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #971

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
really good day. A simple little thing like a walk with a good friend can really make the difference.
Isn't that the truth??? You are funny girl! I enjoy reading your journal! Keep it up! Your avi is beautiful! Keep up the great work
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #972

Quote:
Hello Monica! Thank you for your sweet comment in my journal!

I see you and I have similar stats. I'm an inch shorter, but our goal weight is pretty close. I'm shooting for 158, but the lowest I've been in recent memory is 163 or so. And it's pretty good when I'm there.

I'm going to poke around in your journal and see what's what. Nice to meet you!

~Deborah
We are similar, aren't we? The lowest I ever have gotten to that I could stay at was 167 ! I tend to get COMFY there and then get sloppy! Like you, I would love to be 158. I had surgery back in 2003, it was a tummy wrap surgery to correct a bad Hernia. With that my weight dropped to 161. I know 158 is doable, I just need to stay on plan (whatever plan) and not get comfy/Sloppy!
Old 08-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #973
Major LCF Poster!

Movement on the scale would make me happy right now! I don't want to be greedy.

Another beautiful day here. My hubs and I drove the Wrangler to the local drive-in with our dog George and had chicken and coleslaw. Well, I had coleslaw anyway. Heh! Hubs had a root beer float.

A bit later we're going to a movie; we'll ride our bicycles to the theatre! Yay for us. Seriously lovely day.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #974

Quote:
Movement on the scale would make me happy right now! I don't want to be greedy.

Another beautiful day here. My hubs and I drove the Wrangler to the local drive-in with our dog George and had chicken and coleslaw. Well, I had coleslaw anyway. Heh! Hubs had a root beer float.

A bit later we're going to a movie; we'll ride our bicycles to the theatre! Yay for us. Seriously lovely day.
What movie did you see? And you rode bikes??? Suh-weet. Very cool.

Don't worry about that scale. You know the words to this song. Look in the mirror every day and watch the confidence unfold as your discipline pays off.

It will. You know it will.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #975
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
What movie did you see? And you rode bikes??? Suh-weet. Very cool.

Don't worry about that scale. You know the words to this song. Look in the mirror every day and watch the confidence unfold as your discipline pays off.

It will. You know it will.
tPretty - we saw "We're the Millers." It was pretty funny if not a bit profane. Scott was hoping to see a little bit more Jennifer and a bit less swearing to deserve the R rating.

I have no problem with any profanity, but using the F-word over and over just shows lack of imagination to me! lol

We live very near a movie theatre to riding bikes in nice weather works!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #976
Major LCF Poster!

I went to gym this morning and not only did about 30 minutes on the treadmill I did 30 minutes of weights. Nice! Tried to round it out with a cool-down on a bike, but I didn't like it much. Sitting at the gym just seems wrong! lol

Tonight we are going to Fogo de Chão for a date night. One of hub's (Scott) sweet clients gave him a $150 gift certificate yesterday for this fabulous resto. It's a Brazilian steakhouse where the servers are dressed as gauchos and bring slabs of different beef, chicken, and pork out on skewers. You use a little tongs to pull off a piece of sizzling meat as the server cuts it from the slab he has. Always hot, always delicious. And you can pick your choice of cooking - rare, medium rare, etc. I love me a bit of red red beef!

They also have one of the best salad bars I've ever seen. Tons of interesting choices you just don't see at the average salad bar. A really easy place to eat healthy. One of my family's favorites. Although I do think this is the first time Scott and I have ever gone there by ourselves!

I also see a glass or two of red wine in my future. Mmmm!
Old 08-12-2013, 05:41 AM   #977

OH How was dinner Saturday??? Do tell and I love a glass or 2 of wine myself!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #978
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH How was dinner Saturday??? Do tell and I love a glass or 2 of wine myself!
It was delicious! I only had one glass of wine although it was huge!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #979
Major LCF Poster!

Oh what a week . . .

My dad and stepmom are here from Idaho. She had a followup surgery at the Mayo at the end of July and was recuperating at her brother's house. We got a call in the middle of the night Sunday that my dad had had a stroke.

He was released Tuesday afternoon, fell on some stairs on Wednesday right before I picked him up from Momma Bee's brother's house, and I took him to the ER this morning and we had to call an ambulance this evening.

I'm so tired right now I can't sleep and I'm trying to decompress a little bit.

What I do know:
  1. you walk more than you think you do when you're in the ER. It seems like you're sitting a lot, but you're running around like a maniac.
  2. You are both too tired to think about meals and hungry for a meal.
  3. What happens when tired is you have a Snickers for supper.

My dad is exhausted and I hope he gets a good sleep tonight. I hope I get one too!

. . . and btw . . . I have the sweetest husband . . . just sayin'.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:01 AM   #980

Quote:
Oh what a week . . .

My dad and stepmom are here from Idaho. She had a followup surgery at the Mayo at the end of July and was recuperating at her brother's house. We got a call in the middle of the night Sunday that my dad had had a stroke.

He was released Tuesday afternoon, fell on some stairs on Wednesday right before I picked him up from Momma Bee's brother's house, and I took him to the ER this morning and we had to call an ambulance this evening.

I'm so tired right now I can't sleep and I'm trying to decompress a little bit.

What I do know:
  1. you walk more than you think you do when you're in the ER. It seems like you're sitting a lot, but you're running around like a maniac.
  2. You are both too tired to think about meals and hungry for a meal.
  3. What happens when tired is you have a Snickers for supper.

My dad is exhausted and I hope he gets a good sleep tonight. I hope I get one too!

. . . and btw . . . I have the sweetest husband . . . just sayin'.
So sorry to hear about your dad.
I'm hoping both you and he get the rest you both need
and that he recovers and grows stronger in all ways.
I'm sure you're overcome with worry about him.

A Snickers for dinner is not such a bad thing, so let that one go.
Sounds like your body needs rest far more than anything right now anyway.

I will say a prayer for him this morning as I'm reading my devotions.
Big hugs, my sweet friend.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #981

I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. My thoughts/prayers go out to you all! Please update us on how he is doing when you can! Your DH sounds like a total SWEETIE!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #982
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So sorry to hear about your dad.
I'm hoping both you and he get the rest you both need
and that he recovers and grows stronger in all ways.
I'm sure you're overcome with worry about him.

A Snickers for dinner is not such a bad thing, so let that one go.
Sounds like your body needs rest far more than anything right now anyway.

I will say a prayer for him this morning as I'm reading my devotions.
Big hugs, my sweet friend.

tPretty - you are the best. Thank you for this.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #983
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. My thoughts/prayers go out to you all! Please update us on how he is doing when you can! Your DH sounds like a total SWEETIE!
Thank you so much. Smooches.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #984

Hey, girl.

I know. Life dealt you a blow with your dad's recent health issues. And having to juggle this with life while trying to diet is a very tall order.

Just needed you to know that I'm here for you always. I'm an email away no matter what or when. Hoping to be that little boost of wind beneath your wings to keep you aloft until the storm quiets down and you can resume full throttle with your plans. For me, just knowing that somebody out there is pulling for me, counting on me, listening to me, it serves to maintain that needed sense of awareness -- even when my full focus takes back burner for a while. And that's what helps me to hold on.

Hold on. Don't let go. I got your back.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:58 AM   #985
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey, girl.

I know. Life dealt you a blow with your dad's recent health issues. And having to juggle this with life while trying to diet is a very tall order.

Just needed you to know that I'm here for you always. I'm an email away no matter what or when. Hoping to be that little boost of wind beneath your wings to keep you aloft until the storm quiets down and you can resume full throttle with your plans. For me, just knowing that somebody out there is pulling for me, counting on me, listening to me, it serves to maintain that needed sense of awareness -- even when my full focus takes back burner for a while. And that's what helps me to hold on.

Hold on. Don't let go. I got your back.
Woman, you are wonderful! It does mean so much to me to know I have a friend like you in my corner.

I've been relatively Steady-Eddie if you can believe.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:07 AM   #986
Major LCF Poster!

I adjusted my info stats to show a small loss. Yay!

I hadn't stepped on the scale for days and was pleasantly surprised to see this!

~~~~~~~

The nutshell version of what has been happening is this:

After my dad had his stroke he wanted to come home with me so I picked he and his wife up from the hospital and brought them home.

Our house is small and has one bathroom so you can imagine the hilarity that ensued for the nine days they stayed with us! lol

His stroke was mildish with some weakness on his right side and some speech impairment that improved every day. We did have to bring him to emergency two times - one time even calling 911, but bottom line it turned out. I had to bring Momma Bee to emergency one time as well, but she was fine.

Her son flew out to accompany them home on the plane which was great. They both wanted to go home very badly even though it was hard to see my dad go.

They went home on Thursday and I'm having a baby shower for my daughter today! Oye vey! lolol

But Lorenzo (daughter #2) and I shopped for the food Thursday evening and Bella (daughter #1 and momma-to-be) helped me clean last night. Lorenzo is coming early to help me set up. Sweet husband (Pup) is helping with the outdoor setup this morning.

I think we'll be set!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:08 AM   #987

Oh, cool. A baby shower!

I'm certain you all had a fabulous time. Prett.y little things to make you even more anxious for that youngin'.

Congrats on your progress, woman. You're doing this!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #988

How was the shower??? I am sure it was interesting all of you in one house? Is dad continuing to improve??

We need details girl.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #989
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh, cool. A baby shower!

I'm certain you all had a fabulous time. Pretty little things to make you even more anxious for that youngin'.

Congrats on your progress, woman. You're doing this!
Thank you woman! It was a great shower.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #990
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
How was the shower??? I am sure it was interesting all of you in one house? Is dad continuing to improve??

We need details girl.
My dad lives in Idaho and we live in Minnesota. He had been here with his wife for a surgery she had at the Mayo Clinic.

He and his wife stayed with me for about nine days and then they had to go home. They were very very homesick. I didn't really want him to go. His stroke was mild with minimal damage to his right side and some speech damage.

He did so good. He's very stubborn and wanted to get better and pushed himself too hard a few times. We had to take him and his wife to emergency a total of three times!

I've spoken to him a couple of times since he got home and he sounds so tired.

I'm happy he got to go home, but sad that he isn't here any longer.