Old 03-30-2009, 06:26 AM   #691
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Each time you face the fears, you strengthen your resolve.
I have this in my brain today. Yay!

I'm off to the workout room to do Callanetics.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 06:30 AM   #692
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livywilltim-mom View Post
Oh Daisy!

I just read through your Friday post...very powerful stuff! You really have a handle on what to do and have started doing it! That is success my dear!

Thanks for sending me some positive energy this morning, I really appreciate it!

Great job exercising...you know, your knee will get better regardless...only time helps

Hugs
Thanks dear Jaimie!

How are your knees doing?

Mine felt fabulous yesterday and we spent some time in one of those huge home improvement stores and other errands. Now this morning I'm getting shock/twinges! Blech!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:38 AM   #693
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Hey Daisy!

I danced full out last night for 60 minutes...then I had to stop. I did it! My knees worked! I am very sore this morning, but it's not the deep pain like before, just an "overuse" kind of pain.

I am happy

Hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!

Hugs
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:03 AM   #694
Major LCF Poster!

That is fabulous! Seriously! Both of your knees have been compromised and you did that?? I love that.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Purple"]Tue, Mar 31[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]I believe the weekend was very cathartic for me. I fought off a few demons and have begun facing some internal truths. I do not have all the answers for me today, but here’s what I AM going to do for today:

1. Since I do not know how to resist my particular demons today I am going to remove decisions for a bit. I am going to Target today to pick up a few days worth of diet dinners. I’ll check out Lean Cuisines or SmartOnes. I will use these as tools for the next few days.
2. I have made a goal list for the week. Smallish goals that can be easily accomplished, but goals that will help me focus and create a pattern of success and accomplishment.
3. We have gone over our budget again and I had Pupcake print out the past two months of spending. Aie yi yi! I spend too much. I have put myself on a budget. Let’s see how I do!

Okay – Let’s see what the day brings!

Check in #1: Just got off the phone with Bally’s. My membership is up and running.

Check in #2: Picked up some pick-up meals. I am so disappointed in the amount of carbs in these types of meals! I’m going to use them for this week to check the overeating. Had one for late lunch/supper. Not horrible, but not wonderful.

I’ll not be posting my macros for this week. I’ll stick to concentrating on not overeating.

Tomorrow after my morning class I’m heading to the gym for my first visit. I’ll be setting up my one training session I signed up for. They offered one at a reduced rate. I can’t afford to sign up for any others.[/COLOR]

Last edited by DaisyGG; 03-31-2009 at 02:20 PM..
Old 03-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #696
Major LCF Poster!

You guys wouldn't believe the weather here today. Raining, snowing, pellets, gloomy. Yesterday and today I have to have lamps on to see in the house. Blech.

I am WANTING spring!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:59 PM   #697
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]Tue, Mar 31[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]I believe the weekend was very cathartic for me. I fought off a few demons and have begun facing some internal truths. I do not have all the answers for me today, but here’s what I AM going to do for today:

1. Since I do not know how to resist my particular demons today I am going to remove decisions for a bit. I am going to Target today to pick up a few days worth of diet dinners. I’ll check out Lean Cuisines or SmartOnes. I will use these as tools for the next few days.
2. I have made a goal list for the week. Smallish goals that can be easily accomplished, but goals that will help me focus and create a pattern of success and accomplishment.
3. We have gone over our budget again and I had Pupcake print out the past two months of spending. Aie yi yi! I spend too much. I have put myself on a budget. Let’s see how I do!

Okay – Let’s see what the day brings!

Check in #1: Just got off the phone with Bally’s. My membership is up and running.

Check in #2: Picked up some pick-up meals. I am so disappointed in the amount of carbs in these types of meals! I’m going to use them for this week to check the overeating. Had one for late lunch/supper. Not horrible, but not wonderful.

I’ll not be posting my macros for this week. I’ll stick to concentrating on not overeating.

Tomorrow after my morning class I’m heading to the gym for my first visit. I’ll be setting up my one training session I signed up for. They offered one at a reduced rate. I can’t afford to sign up for any others.
[/COLOR]
Awesome introspection and regrouping.

Hoping these positive affirmations help strengthen you. I know they will.

Can't wait to see how your first training session goes.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:00 AM   #698
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Purple"]Wed, Apr 1[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]April Fool’s Day!

New month. Nearly one month to the day since I lost my job. It snowed last night. There are some school closings. Blech. It’s funny a bit when I think about it. This past month has been incredibly gloomy which does not help with my moods. I remember when I had DD1 on a September day long ago. I actually wrote in her baby book how the sun didn’t shine nearly that entire fall. I remember having a hard time adjusting to having a baby and the demands from that darling little thing. I am a moody thing – that’s a fact.

Apparently I won’t be seeing the sun today either.

Today’s plan:

1. It is snowing – of course! – it always snows in Minnesota in April. Roads are very slick. The deck and driveway out to the garages is totally covered in ice! It will be Callanetics in the workout room for me.
2. I am throwing out a couple of the packaged dinners I bought. I had one yesterday and it caused major cravings.
3. Update/add to my daily list.
4. This isn’t a popular thought around here, but I’m trying a mini-fast today. I need to nip this pattern in the bud. So far – not working!

Okay! I’ll check in later.[/COLOR]
Old 04-01-2009, 05:19 AM   #699
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Sweet Daisy,

I read your posts from yesterday and today backwards, so my thoughts are jumbled!

I think the idea of a mini-fast is better than the pre-packaged stuff...but I totally get why you wanted to try the portion control to learn to listen to your body! Your body said..."this stuff is crap, get rid of it!"

A mini-fast is a great idea Will you have just water, or just liquids or what?

Sorry the weather stinks, I am affected by it as well. And I know, some Docs pooh-pooh the idea of weather messing with our joints...but I know, low pressure makes my knees ache...for sure!

My DD is a September baby as well, what day for yours?

Hugs my friend, I am wishing you much success and peace today.

Peace Mimi, we miss you
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:28 AM   #700
Major LCF Poster!

I do believe we posted in each other's journals at the same time!

I'm thinking, water water water, morning coffee (I haven't made it yet!) and some green tea later. Just flush out a bit.

The doctors do pooh-pooh stuff like that don't they?

My daughter's birthday is Sept 11 - crazy yes? What day is your daughter's? That makes my DD1 a virgo.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #701
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Purple"]Wed, Apr 1[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Update:

The mini-fast was good. I broke the fast with a sandwich made with lavish bread and a cold cut. Small salad as well with Marie’s dressing.

Could have had more water. It seemed like I was drinking, but my water consumption isn’t ever what it should be. ☹

****** Free Calorie Counter and Diet Journal: Public Journal[/COLOR]
Old 04-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #702
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: speedymagee
Stats: highest176/now150/145ish
WOE: CAD
Glad the mini fast was a good one.
Is Marie's dressing a brand? Will google to see what I can find.
speedymagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #703
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Purple"]Fri, Apr 3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]I am going back to regular, healthy eating starting with Saturday. I know what to do. Let’s see if I can do it!

Weight going down. I will post weights on Saturdays and Wednesdays.

Went to the gym for the first time today. Oh dear – I am out of shape. This is going to be so good for me. Used the exercise bike. It didn’t feel too bad on the knee. Not bad cardio. Day #1.[/COLOR]
Old 04-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #704
Major LCF Poster!

Okay - today's plan is hang out with DD1 for a bit this afternoon. Stick to a healthy, low-carb plan, and watch my calories.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #705

Old 04-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #706
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: speedymagee
Stats: highest176/now150/145ish
WOE: CAD
Glad the knee didn't bother you at the gym. I have seen Bally's ads, they always look like they have tons and tons of different machines and classes. Do they have a sauna or steam room?

Are you going to lift weights too?
Have a good workout on Sunday!
sandy
speedymagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

Bally's does have steam rooms. A pool too. I'm too shy/chicken to use the pool though. What a dork.

I am going to lift weights for sure. I'm going to start with the machines.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:54 AM   #708
Major LCF Poster!

It has snowed here! Good grief. Slippery. Can you believe this crap? I am almost laughing.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #709
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Purple"]Sat, Apr 4[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Went shopping with DD1 and had so much fun helping her find spiffy stuff. She’s always been the more tomboy of my two girls and she is discovering the fun in shopping and finding awesome cute stuff. She tried on a lovely navy with white piping fitted short sleeved dress. She pooh-poo’d it initially saying she wasn’t into navy and the dress looked too dressy. I said, “How could it hurt to try it on”? She did and fell in love with how it looked on her! Yay! She said she should start listening to her momma.

When we were on our trip a few weeks ago I had her try on a plum-colored blazer that was very fitted. She would have never tried it on she said. Even when I showed it to her she was very blah about it. It totally looked hot on her. She’s a darling girl with the cutest figure.

I’m a fashion-girl (in fact I’ve started a blog – just in its infancy at the moment) and I love love love putting outfits together.

She now wants me to come over and help her weed through her closet, pick out outfits, and suggest accessories. I’m excited to help and flattered she finds my help useful. A good mommy-moment.

A good day overall.

Macros
Cal - 1,087
Fat - 86.1
Fiber - 5.5
Carbs - 32.1
Protein - 52.1
Exercise - none

Percentages
Fat (71%)
Carbs (10%)
Protein (19%)[/COLOR]

****** Free Calorie Counter and Diet Journal: Public Journal
Old 04-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #710
Major LCF Poster!

I heard (actually re-heard) an oft-repeated quote the other day.

[COLOR="Purple"]Change is in the doing.[/COLOR]

That is so impactful to me!

Didn't Gandhi say, "Be the change you want to see"?
Old 04-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #711
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Hey Daisy !! Thank you for stopping by....taking a gander at my rambling posts..
( I see I am not the only one who does that ! ) haha.....
I am also glad you got some laughs and humor from it !! haha

[QUOTE=DaisyGG;11788539]OMG - I have tears in my eyes from laughing! I hold in my stomach when I weigh myself! lolol! I just KNOW it makes me lighter. So funny.
I SOOO Know !! haha... I havent been on the scale since last Tues morn...
so it will be intersting to see when I get back to town ( I am in Indianapolis this week
and...YES...it is cold and rainy...supposed to snow here too tomorrow....NOT
lookin forward to that ...this Texas Boy is not used to the snow ...its been a while.)

Quote:
I love the Absolute/sodas myself. If call them "the daisy." That might not work for you. Ha! Do you put lemon and lime in them? Very very refreshing. I love my vodka with diet tonic as well.
haha...yes...I do add a wedge of lime in my drink.. no lemon though...just the lime..
so if I ask for a "daisy" you think they will know.?? haha..
Oh...I have a funny story to tell...wanna hear?? well...too bad if you dont..here goes...
haha..
I was out with a former High School classmate who lives in So. Cal now ( we are from
So. Oregon ) and...well... we both moved after Grad.... and thats been 25 yrs...
well..... so anyway..we meet up went to a lil pub for a couple drinks... its been a couple
weeks since I had one....so I tell the kid ( he was about 21 ) the waiter I wanted
a vodka - soda.... ( didnt ask for lime ) that woulda probably really messed him up...
but anywho... my friend ordered a red house wine.. so he brings the drinks...
hands my friend his wine....hands me..this glass...that was odd looking...dark...
looked like....watered down coke.....I said....umm..what is this ???
he said....vodka-soda..? I said.....what ?? I said....vodka-soda....you know..
soda water....?? Not Coke... he said..OOHHH...I thought you meant vodka and
coke...( soda) I said..No....you know the clear bubbly stuff?? soda water..?
Ohh...he felt embarrassed... I was for him too...cuz.......duh..who drinks
vodka and coke ???? haha...
now telling this story to you.....and you are from Minn....I suppose if I woulda
told him more clearly he woulda known...but if I wanted that vodka-coke....
if I was in Minn..I woulda said........ Vodka-Pop.... hahaa.......
I know you all call it Pop up there... not...soda as we do in the south.
so.....I got the right drink...and we were good to go.

Quote:
I can't remember where I ran across your journal, but I'm enjoying reading it.
again....glad you did and stopped by and posted.... I enjoyed reading yours too..
I only read a few pages....but I see you are getting back to where you want
and with all you have going on in you life after baby...and losin your job...
you are doing great...!
( my son's bday is Sept 21st ....and is a virgo...very analytical and structured...haha )

Have a good one !!!

Jarrod
Ref2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #712
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Purple"]Sun, Apr 5[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Sunday! It snowed as I said. Holy crapinoli I live in a crazy place. I want spring to come so badly.

Just talked to a peep that I worked with (she was laid off last year) and she is launching a website tomorrow for her new consulting biz and needs some help doing a few things. Yay! I can ease back into the saddle and keep my designer chops lubricated. It will be fun working with her again.

I did Callanetics today! The whole hour! I had a pretty hard time with the end section where she wants you to sit on your heels. I just can’t do that with my knee. I need to find different ways to do those pelvic rotations.

Tomorrow I have a noon appointment with the Aveda Institute, hair cut and color. That will take up a huge part of the day. The students are fabu, but very slow. I will try some cardio in my workout room – let’s see how that Nordic Track feels. I can’t get to the gym tomorrow, but am setting up my training session.

Pupcake and I ate dinner at Applebee’s. I love the Quesadilla burger and thought I had been naughty. Came home and looked up the nutrients on Daily Plate and wowza! It wasn’t a bad choice at all! I had steamed broccoli instead of fries. Yay for me.

Good days are ahead.

Macros
Cal - 1,284
Fat - 88.3
Fiber - 13.2
Carbs - 45.6
Protein - 79.0
Exercise – 1 hour Callanetics

Percentages
Fat (63%)
Carbs (12%)
Protein (25%)[/COLOR]

****** Free Calorie Counter and Diet Journal: Public Journal
Old 04-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Awesome introspection and regrouping.

Hoping these positive affirmations help strengthen you. I know they will.

Can't wait to see how your first training session goes.
Can't believe I didn't answer this post! Thanks for this Twyla! I'm excited to tell you, of all people the most excited, about my training session.

I've been reading in your journal from a year ago to see how you organize your workouts. It was good reading about your carb cycling progression. When I feel stronger and a bit leaner I would like to start with refeeds like you did in the beginning. Not until I get a few weeks binge-free under my belt.

I have posts from you a few pages back with tips and thoughts for cycling and refeeding. I will refer to those.

As always, you are the girl.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #714
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod View Post
haha...yes...I do add a wedge of lime in my drink.. no lemon though...just the lime. so if I ask for a "daisy" you think they will know?? haha..
Oh...I have a funny story to tell...wanna hear?? well...too bad if you dont..here goes...
haha..
I was out with a former High School classmate who lives in So. Cal now (we are from So. Oregon ) and...well... we both moved after Grad.... and thats been 25 yrs...
well..... so anyway..we meet up went to a lil pub for a couple drinks... its been a couple weeks since I had one....so I tell the kid (he was about 21) the waiter I wanted a vodka - soda.... ( didnt ask for lime ) that woulda probably really messed him up...
but anywho... my friend ordered a red house wine.. so he brings the drinks...
hands my friend his wine....hands me..this glass...that was odd looking...dark...looked like....watered down coke.....I said....umm..what is this ???
he said....vodka-soda..? I said.....what ?? I said....vodka-soda....you know..
soda water....?? Not Coke... he said..OOHHH...I thought you meant vodka and
coke...( soda) I said..No....you know the clear bubbly stuff?? soda water..?
Ohh...he felt embarrassed... I was for him too...cuz.......duh..who drinks
vodka and coke ???? haha...
now telling this story to you.....and you are from Minn....I suppose if I woulda told him more clearly he woulda known...but if I wanted that vodka-coke....if I was in Minn..I woulda said........ Vodka-Pop.... hahaa.......
I know you all call it Pop up there... not...soda as we do in the south.
so.....I got the right drink...and we were good to go.
Oh that is hilarious! That boy needs to larn! I don't think you can call it The Daisy, but we'll think of something for you . . . hmm . . . something more manly. I'll put my thinker on and come up with something.

Very nice knowing the Minnesota-speak. We do call everything pop. Funny though - around here if you want rum and diet coke you just say "I'll have a rum/diet" and they totally know what I want.

My babies are grown-ass women now. I was waxing all nostalgic about the September when she was born. Aren't Sept kids the very best?

Nice to see your face in my journal! You are doing great.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

I bit the bullet today and took before pictures. Eeeek! I will save them and post when there is an after. There IS going to be an after this time. I swear by all that is good.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #716

Quote:
I bit the bullet today and took before pictures. Eeeek! I will save them and post when there is an after.
There IS going to be an after this time. I swear by all that is good.
Atta girl.

Glad your Callanetics went well, and I'm thrilled that your butt is hitting the gym! I will be checking in here daily to see how that progresses for you.

Good discipline at Applebee's! Who needs fries! They're just evil, crunchy, lard....and they make us fat! Stay the heck away from the fries!

I'm proud of you Daisy. Your attitude has improved. Don't let your guard down. Work for what you want.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 AM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Who needs fries indeed! I love steamed broccoli with a bit of butter so it didn't even feel like a sacrifice. One thing I didn't mention is Pupcake had an Applebee's Shooter dessert (these little desserts - just a small glassful) and I had no problem watching him eat his fudge sundae. Ha!

Later in the evening (did not update my stats) I enjoyed two small squares from a dark chocolate bar (80% cacao) with a cup of lemon zinger tea while watching The Tudors. Delicious tea and spicy TV!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #718
Major LCF Poster!

I'm feeling very optimistic today. I need to bottle this feeling when the binge-beast is calling me.

I need to have a list of easy grabs to ward that off. Besides string cheese and such. I am done with string cheese! Don't know why, but I just can't stomach it at the moment.

I still have a protein pudding idea from dear Vanessa (where is that girl???) I'll keep a post it near my binge-station.

edited to add:

My abs are sore and I'm beginning to feel soreness creep into my upper thighs - what is that muscle called? The one that houses my luggage? I mean my saddle-bags?

Last edited by DaisyGG; 04-06-2009 at 06:53 AM..
Old 04-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #719
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Magenta"]Twyla[/COLOR] -if you read in here I have a question: Do you have any suggestions for me regarding the pelvic rotations I had a hard time doing yesterday because I cannot sit on my heels? I tried doing them from a higher position. Will that still be effective?

Or maybe I shouldn't worry so much. I just started - it might get easier as I do Callan more often and the gym is a habit.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #720

Daisy, yes, you can do the pelvic scoops/rotations from a standing position.
I'm cutting/pasting some of [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Sandra's past tips [/COLOR]regarding people who have knee issues, how to circumvent this hurdle with a different form. She seems to stress, in these instructions, to not go too low when bending your knees:

Quote:
"If the pelvic rotations cause you pain in your ankles try placing a rolled up towel or small soft cushion under your feet. YOu can also do the pelvic exercises standing at a barre/support by placing your feet and knees hip width apart and sitting back as though you are sitting in a dining room chair.....Sandra's post, March Challenge
Quote:

For both leg exercises: (STANDING PELVIC)

Stand up against the barre up as high as you can on the balls of your feet. Rest your heels together. Your legs are turned out to the side but try not as wide as Callan demonstrates.

Tighten your PF and stretch up through the spine. Align your shoulder blades back down and broad.
Now, keeping the stretch up bend your knees and sit back (don't go down too low at this stage). Your back wants to be straight.

Now, add your 1st curl from the base of the behind. Focus on curling up as high as you can, keeping your shoulders over your hips and stretch the crown of your head even further (also, don't round your back as much as Callan).
Release the curl and go down with a straight back for the 2nd level and repeat the curl.
Release and go down for a 3rd level. So, do 3 sets of this working as low as you can but never take your behind lower then your knees.

TIPS

Keep your knees over your toes don't allow them to move forward over your toes. You'll know if this happens as you'll feel pressure in your knees.
Also, you can gradually bring your knees closer together.
Don't allow your shoulders to pull forward as you do this. Keep your shoulder blades down to hips and wide. You'll feel the legs work deeper.
Don't move up and down with a curled pelvis - you'll feel this in the knees also. So make sure you have completely released the curl before you move up and down.

If you feel pain in knees - lower your heels until comfortable.

For the 2nd leg exercise(PELVIC) be in the same position. To intensify this use your pelvic floor to move you up and down. It may release as you go down but engage before you come up. Think that you're drawing up energy from below your behind as you drawn the sit bones closer together.

Then watch your legs change yet again and become even stronger. This will give you great muscle definition through the quads. REmember, stay stretched out of the PF as you do this. Also, keep lifted up off the legs. And remember to breathe deeply."