Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/202/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Jaimie - you really are a sweet woman! I love seeing your avi in my journal.

{{hugs}}
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #662
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa120 View Post
As of today, I have been on-plan 161 days and binge free for 161 days. I have been successful at staying true to my low carb plan through many birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, family gatherings etc. No going on or off or up and down on the scale.

Why? Well first of all, my mindset from the get go was that this is the way I plan to eat for a lifetime (no diet mentality here). I wholeheartedly believe that low carb eating is the healthiest way to eat. I have read, read, read, read and am still reading everything I can.

Secondly, binges can be triggered externally (stress, lack of sleep, etc.) and/or internally (hormones, brain chemistry, blood sugar, etc.) and becomes a cycle that is very hard to stop. Being aware of whats going on both outside and inside your body when a binge happens may help in warding them off. In my opinion eating low carb has saved me from myself! I am proud of myself for how far I have come and am confident but also know just one cookie and it's all over!

In thinking about you specifically Daisy, as of late, your body has been overloaded with both physical (surgery) and emotional stress (potential job loss). Binging, although may temporarily make you feel good, is also stress to your body, which continues the cycle. Stress is a fact of life. No way around it.

So how can we strengthen your body to be more resilient? First of all, during times of both high physical and mental stress it is important to take in adequate calories (eating at maintenance), control insulin (low carbs) and get proper sleep (7-8 hrs). If I were you, that's exactly what I would do......and then re-evaluate in a week or so.
I found this advice Vanessa gave me several weeks ago. So timely for me!

I have started using Tylanol PM at night the past few nights. Last night I slept nearly 10 hours which is amazing in and of itself for me. I seem to have become a borderline insomniac. I've always had issues, but right now really bad.

Awesome to get sleep.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: speedymagee
Stats: highest176/now150/145ish
WOE: CAD
Hi Daisy,
Glad to 'see' you here. Hope you are doing ok, sleep will help I'm sure. I always get a bit weird and insomniac -ish in spring.

Anything going on for the week-end?
speedymagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:39 AM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Sandy!

I'm organizing my office today and having dinner with friends tonight. Are you working this weekend? Did you ever get your darn coat back? I still think that is so weird! People are crazy.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:05 AM   #665
Major LCF Poster!

No time just now to post my daily report - I'll have a better chance to update my ****** tomorrow. Today I committed and on task regarding organizing my office.

Made a bit of headway though! I'll update my stats.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

I love organizing!! How did it go?
No coat, but love my new one, so don't mind too much.

Hope your week-end was nice.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:18 AM   #667
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
This is shaming me into my own "get organzed" to-do list:

My closet.

I have shamefully been walking in, taking a glance around, and backing out, closing the door in dismay.

Somehow I must plow through. Good that I read this to kick me into gear.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:39 AM   #668
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Happy St. Patrick's Day Daisy!

I was thinking of you last night...I was teaching and my darned L knee is STILL swollen! Holy moly, I would think after a month...arghhhhhhhh!

How are you doing? You are inspiring me to get my clutter kicked to the curb!

Hugs
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:28 AM   #669
Big Yapper!!!!

Sweet Daisy...

Checking on you my dear! Where are you??
Old 03-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Everyone! I was out of town for a week.

Jaimie - I did too much walking downhill the past week and now my knee is killing me! Arg! This is so frustrating!

I am thinking of buying a stationary bike for some cardio since I still cannot use my Nordic Track or treadmill. Arg!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymagee View Post
I love organizing!! How did it go?
No coat, but love my new one, so don't mind too much.
I do like to organize! I have much more to do in this office. I have so much stuff from my work office to integrate. It's on my list for this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
This is shaming me into my own "get organzed" to-do list:

My closet.

I have shamefully been walking in, taking a glance around, and backing out, closing the door in dismay.

Somehow I must plow through. Good that I read this to kick me into gear.
I am crazy-obsessive about my closets and drawers. I could use some of that OCD in my exercising.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:11 AM   #672
Big Yapper!!!!

Terrific Tuesday Daisy!

Sorry about your knee...I can so relate!

Actually, yesterday I think I turned a corner with my knees...they aren't as swollen or sore...so I finally think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Of course, losing 80 pounds would help too!

Hugs Honey!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:13 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Jaimie! That's fantastic about your knee!

I have been doing research this morning and have come up with additional and different ways to strengthen the knee.

Also - losing 40 pounds needs to be a priority. Huge priority. The extra pressure on these poor knees is astounding with this additional weight.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #674
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Purple"]Tues, Mar 24[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Worked further in my office. Plowed my way through many piles of papers. Shredded until the shredder threatened to go on strike.

There was a "Housewives" marathon going on all day so I kept that on in the office to keep me company.

I'm feeling a bit weird of late. It's weird being alone all day when I don't have plans. It doesn't bother me, but it's so different. I have plenty plenty to keep me busy. In fact, I'm starting with the outplacement agency this week. I had my first meeting week before last before I went out of town.

Macros
Cal - 1,304
Fat - 109.8
Fiber - 6.4
Carbs - 20.7
Protein - 69.1
Exercise - knee stretches and Nordic Track for a bit

Percentages
Fat (73%)
Carbs (6%)
Protein (21%)[/COLOR]

****** Free Calorie Counter and Diet Journal: Public Journal

<a href=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwdQ7ph/ target=_blank>
<a href=http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wwdQ7ph/weight.png target=_blank>http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...7ph/weight.png</a>
</a>

Last edited by DaisyGG; 03-24-2009 at 06:46 PM..
Old 03-26-2009, 06:56 AM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Purple"]Wed, Mar 25[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Made some almond flour pancakes for breakfast this morning. Not horrible.

It’s very cold, gloomy, and rainy/snowy today. I am procrastinating on a few things. I just keep putting certain things off! Arg.

I feel a tad dull-witted as well. Ha! That almost made me laugh!

I had an e-mail fight with my oldest friend today. She’s used to me being rather upbeat and can’t understand what I’m going through. I have been pushing her away of late (she lives about two hours from me) as I just wasn’t ready to deal with her. She sent an e-mail telling me how bad she has been feeling since I haven’t talked to her. She and I are very different and she just isn’t the friend you go to when you need some TLC. She can be rather self-focused (as we all can I guess) and I guess I’ve been rather self-focused myself this month.

I wrote back the best I could to not feed the fight. We talked last night on the phone – not really dealing with the exact issues at hand, but it was a good talk.

I just don’t have the mind or energy to deal with much! Can’t focus myself.

Spoke with DD2 and she was giving me great tips for getting my resume in order and how to sell myself. I have my appointment with the outplacement agency tomorrow and I’m going to read the section on resumes from the workbook they provided me. I haven’t been facing up to any of this just yet. Still trying to figure out what my next move is. I am a person who ponders. I don’t act quickly. Good or bad?

I have been making a mental list (so far mental) of goals. I am seriously thinking about rejoining the gym (Pupcake got a great offer from our former gym – almost too good to pass up!) and going there every morning. I don’t seem to get in the basement to work out. Would going out to the gym become habit? I have, in the past, been very motivated with that system. I have the time right now. I could totally incorporate this into my day. First thing every morning. Bring my coffee with me in my Jeep, Ruby. I’m thinking about it. I wish I had someone to go with me, but I’m the one with the flexible schedule right now. I’m hoping I can get Pupcake to go with me after tax season. He’s put on some pounds this winter as well.

I’m also just itching to get outside in my new yard! I never had this desire with my other house. Which is crazy because there were bunches of flower gardens there. Too many if the truth be told. I am going to work on those with DD1 this spring/summer as well. We’re going to till under this really large flower garden and plant vegi's. Move the peonies to another portion of the yard. Clean up the stuff we don’t like. There’s tons of rhubarb along the fence. I’d like to harvest it this year and make pie and sauce as I remember it from my childhood. I have time!

Pupcake and I were really talking seriously last night about me becoming part of his biz and helping him grow his client list. I need to make certain he really wants this and isn’t just being sweet to help me.

Macros
Cal - 1,436
Fat - 118.9
Fiber - 9.3
Carbs - 36.3
Protein - 69.3
Exercise - none

Percentages
Fat (73%)
Carbs (9%)
Protein (19%)[/COLOR]

Last edited by DaisyGG; 03-26-2009 at 06:58 AM..
Old 03-26-2009, 07:49 AM   #676

Daisy, pacing yourself with your plans is a good thing IMO. No need to act impulsively. Gets us in trouble more often than not.

I wish you well in your days ahead with ALL your goals.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #677
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Sweet Daisy!

Oh, your yard work sounds so divine! I envy you

I understand your mental exhaustion...but am wondering about your knee? I think of you everyday when I can do something new without pain! Your day will come!

Hugs
Old 03-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #678
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Purple"]Thurs, Mar 26[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]I am meeting a former co-worker for lunch today. Salad bar at Macy’s! My fav. I swear it’s the best salad bar in the cities. And only about $9. Tons of great choices.

Planning to read and research in the afternoon. After I make a Target run. We’re out of so much stuff!

Update on day: I had a very good time having lunch with Erin. I was always her work-mom and she is missing me and said that the mood back at the company isn’t very good. The company is in real financial trouble and has a change in leadership. So far no one is impressed. They are changing the company name and in a all-hands meeting it was confessed that they are like a start up company right now. This after a 45 year history?? I do feel I might be one of the luckier ones. They are a good company and it’s hard to see this happening.

After lunch I went to Aldi’s to pick up a few things. They had flowers! I bought a flowering plant for the dining room table. So lovely.

Then I headed to Menards (home improvement store ala Lowe’s) and picked up billions of paint chips. I am painting a small wall behind the kitchen sink. It’s small so I’m going to go crazy. It’s only paint!

Then off to Target. It’s occurring to me that it is fun shopping during the day when the stores are so quiet! I enjoyed myself not having to fight any crowds.

Not a bad day with eating. Ooopsed on a doughnut. Damn Pupcake! LOL! I bought some Entenmann’s for him and ate one before I could think twice. Not going to fret about it. Hey! – life is to enjoy. This isn’t binge territory or anything – just a doughnut yes?

Macros
Cal - 1,418
Fat - 108.0
Fiber - 5.3
Carbs - 46.3
Protein - 72.8
Exercise - none

Percentages
Fat (68%)
Carbs (12%)
Protein (20%)[/COLOR]

Old 03-27-2009, 06:37 AM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Daisy, pacing yourself with your plans is a good thing IMO. No need to act impulsively. Gets us in trouble more often than not.

I wish you well in your days ahead with ALL your goals.

Thanks Twyla! I am in my workout clothes right now and after posting I'm heading downstairs to try some Callanetics. I will post how it goes. You are always in my thoughts as inspiration. Change could be coming!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:38 AM   #680

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Thanks Twyla! I am in my workout clothes right now and after posting I'm heading downstairs to try some Callanetics. I will post how it goes. You are always in my thoughts as inspiration. Change could be coming!
Hold that thought....let me go change into mine and I'll join ya!

(tempting!)
Old 03-27-2009, 06:38 AM   #681
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livywilltim-mom View Post
Hi Sweet Daisy!

Oh, your yard work sounds so divine! I envy you

I understand your mental exhaustion...but am wondering about your knee? I think of you everyday when I can do something new without pain! Your day will come!

Hugs
Good morning sweet girl! Don't envy me too much! Today it is 16 degrees! I might NEVER get out there! This is cold even for Minnesota!!!

My knee is still swollen and sore. I am not waiting any longer though. This is crazy and I have to get on with a plan for the crying out loud!

I'm off to read your journal to see how your dancing is going.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:45 AM   #682
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Purple"]Fri, Mar 27[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]The sun is shining right now. Marvelous! Really helps the mood even if it is 16 degrees as I write. George is braving it out there though. He is stir-crazy and loves to romp in the huge backyard. He tries to get the doggy on the other side of the fence to talk to him Ė he canít see the doggy, but he knows heís there.

I just got done doing 1/2 hour of Callanetics. Me! Yay yay yay!

On Twylaís journal there is talk about wine. I was just in SF last week and my daughters and I toured a winery. Oh the nummiest there! I know NOTHING about wine and found it fascinating having processes and reasons explained simply. The guide was cute and gifted. The last wine we sampled was a very light, fruity dessert wine. I bought a bottle to bring home for Pupcake and I to share. I love red wine and thatís mostly what I drink. Occasionally a Riesling. He will drink Riesling and I imagine he will really like this wine. Iíll have to figure out how to get more if itís a huge hit.

Later:

Ack. Bad day. If I could unlock the secret to bad behavior Iíd be RICH! Iíd write the quintessential diet book and we would all be slim, motivated, and strong. But I canít get even a clue to the secret. It alludes me daily.

I want to be slim, but sabotage myself constantly. Iíll never understand. This will not derail me. Iím going to keep my focus regardless. I would just like a string of double digit days where I donít fall so hard. Gah.

Macros
Cal -
Fat -
Fiber -
Carbs -
Protein -
Exercise - 1/2 hour Callanetics

Percentages
Fat ()
Carbs ()
Protein ()[/COLOR]

Last edited by DaisyGG; 03-28-2009 at 06:41 AM..
Old 03-28-2009, 06:15 AM   #683

Daisy, would it help to externalize the bad day behaviors?

It started well. But something triggered you to lose focus. What was it?

Sometimes it helps to externalize what goes on in our minds, our behaviors, to shed light on the things that prove to be obstacles to our success.

I'm listening when you're ready.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:16 AM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Daisy, would it help to externalize the bad day behaviors?

It started well. But something triggered you to lose focus. What was it?

Sometimes it helps to externalize what goes on in our minds, our behaviors, to shed light on the things that prove to be obstacles to our success.

I'm listening when you're ready.
This is a good suggestion. Hmm . . . yesterday . . .

It did start out good. Went downstairs to workout area and did as much of the Callanetics as I could. A little over a half hour. Maybe 35 minutes?

Showered, checked my emails, started making calls on my list, got a call from the outplacement that my appointment for yesterday needed to be pushed out to next week. Made class appointments along with new consultant appointment. Did that bum me out?

Then some procrastination took over. "Oh what would it hurt to watch this Netflix movie? What would it hurt to have some jalepeno poppers while I watch? A few chips? A doughnut?"

Easily derailed. You know - now that it is being written out - this is total avoidance behavior. Text book even. I am avoiding the things I do not want to face right now. Certain friends, working on my resume, telling my dad I lost my job (haven't done that!!).

It has been nearly a month since I was let go. I'm still feeling overwhelmed instead of empowered. I get fired up one day and submit to the helplessness feeling the next.

I spoke with a girl I worked with closely. She was let go from our company Christmas of 07. She and her new husband moved to New Mexico. She still doesn't have a job. She's starting a marketing consulting biz, but she feels terrible to not contributing in a different way to her new family's coffers.

One thing she said though struck me. She said if she had it to do over, she would have tried to enjoy the time off more. She said she went into panic mode immediately and scampered around like her hair was on fire. Same results. No job. That was her best advice to me. Smell the time off. Relish it even a little. Try not to let what you think are realities color what you might be doing.

I think that's what I have done this past month - not the relishing the time off, but I don't know WHAT to do with it and perhaps feel a bit guilty to have this time. So I've squandered it a bit. Spent many days watching TV and movies. Total escape mode.

Hmm . . . I have more thinking to do.

Today's plan is to domesticize myself today. I have some office things to do for Pupcake, a house to clean, laundry to do, supper to plan.

Here are some decisions Pupcake and I came up with this morning before he went to work regarding our budget and what we need to do next.
  1. No vacation this year. We are living in our vacation (the remodel) and we need to concentrate on paying off the remaining bills associated with that. We're good with that. We can do smaller trips closer to home during the gorgeous Minnesota summer.
  2. Join Bally's. $8 a month is too good for us to pass up. We both really need this and I'm hoping that getting him to go will be motivating for me as well.
  3. Let go of the house cleaner, the spa tub maintenance guy, drop the premium channels on the cable bill, lose the land line, stop the security system here and at the kidlets house, stop the paper delivery. These things along with me not paying for parking downtown will save us about $550 a month!! It's amazing the fat you can cut when you look closely.
  4. Work on a landscape plan for the backyard. See how far our creative energy and cost cutting ideas can get us.
  5. Do some marketing for Pupcake's biz. If I'm going to partner with him I want to start a tips email bi-monthly to clients and start a website. My work-daughter said she will help me. I spoke with Pupcake about bartering tax service from him for web help from her. Yay!

Wow! That all looks fantastic doesn't it??
Old 03-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #685

Daisy,

I don't know about you, but just READING that helped me focus better!

Purging is good for us. It IS GOOD FOR US. There. It's out there. It took guts to do it, but it had to be done. Cleaning your mind out like that allows you to start with a fresh beginning. Every DAY is a new beginning.

I think the affirmations you've listed on your to-do list are excelllent, healthy ideas to not only save money, but to embrace your challenges ahead and turn the negatives into positives.

Admitting the "bad" behaviors made you face them head on. You're fully aware of what you did and why you did it. Perhaps -- hopefully -- it will help you to avoid the bad behaviors the next time, or at least to a lesser degree. Each time you face the fears, you strengthen your resolve.

Now. Get this. Today is a new day for you. Every decision you make today, big or small, is a choice that YOU will make. You make the choices.

Have a better day and a great weekend.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:25 AM   #686
Major LCF Poster!

Oooooh hugs to you Twyla. You are a goddess-girl!

I have made decisions. Today is my start.

BTW - the Callanetics I did the other day have given me sore abs. It feels good!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:28 AM   #687

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Oooooh hugs to you Twyla. You are a goddess-girl!

I have made decisions. Today is my start.

BTW - the Callanetics I did the other day have given me sore abs. It feels good!
ATTA GIRL!

And those Callanetics? Just wait. The DOMS will descend on every part of your body over the course of your journey...strengthening, lengthening, and adding the most wonderful flexibility you've ever experienced before.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:30 AM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

I will report to you!

Love the fact that I even HAVE doms! ha!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Daisy,

Sounds cold there. Here too, more snow. SICK of winter here!
When you write your book on bad behaviour, please save a copy for Speedy, as I seem to be in need of some rehabilitation.

How is the knee coming along?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:59 AM   #690
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Daisy!

I just read through your Friday post...very powerful stuff! You really have a handle on what to do and have started doing it! That is success my dear!

Thanks for sending me some positive energy this morning, I really appreciate it!

Great job exercising...you know, your knee will get better regardless...only time helps

Hugs