Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 04:42 AM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/202/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Every evening the past several days I've had mini-binges. Just like a vacuum.

Ideas for squelching the vacuum-devil?

Vanessa - you have been binge free for well over 100 days. What made the click for you?

Good news is the knee is feeling better - still swollen, but I'm strengthening it.

Last night I also did my upper body strengthening. I'd like to try the Nordic Track. If I took it slow how bad could it be?
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 04:45 AM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymagee View Post
How do you post the little pie chart? I was thinking I would like to do that on my journal.
Do you mean from ******? There is a place to copy a url for your public journal. Paste that into your siggy if you want it accessible always. Or just in your post when you are being accountable. Does that make sense?
Old 02-24-2009, 04:45 AM   #633
Major LCF Poster!

I just got an email that my new Mac has been shipped! Exciting!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:32 AM   #634
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Every evening the past several days I've had mini-binges. Just like a vacuum.

Ideas for squelching the vacuum-devil?

For me, one word: Balance.

When I first began Atkins, I remained rather low carb 20-30 carbs or under, day after day after day. I was terrified of carbs. I would go back and forth counting carbs, counting calories, running in place for weeks and months at a time, no progress to speak of, just a huge standstill -- AND, THE WORST PART OF ALL....the depletion of a more balanced diet, the nutrients my body craved, would send me helplessly into a binge. It was only a matter of time until it reared its ugly head, and I was totally and completely out of control for usu
2-3 days at a time. Followed by the hell of "cold turkey" induction for a few days to a week. And the cycle was endless.

The binges, both big or small, would occur at least once a month. This went on for literally years.

Since I've been eating with more balance, I'm no longer the craving monster I used to be. I cannot remember the last time I binged.

It's different for everyone. But I believe there is a lot of truth in this analogy. Everyone has their own personal degree of balance when it comes to nutrition.

Finding it is key.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

Twyla - I am going over to your journal to refresh my perspective and see your balance.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:43 AM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: speedymagee
Stats: highest176/now150/145ish
WOE: CAD
Quote:
Do you mean from ******? There is a place to copy a url for your public journal. Paste that into your siggy if you want it accessible always. Or just in your post when you are being accountable. Does that make sense?
Thanks for understanding me!

Exciting to get a new Mac! They come with so much now and so many fun extras. Dh was fooling around with garage band a while back.

BFL is a good plan. I am consistent with the workouts, mostly because each workout is less than an hour and I kind of like the weight lifting.

As always I struggle to stay away from sweets and too many carbs. It's a fairly low fat plan, but I have been trying to up my fat & protein and lower my carbs to try to keep my HUGE appetite for junk food under control.

Maybe we could come up with a new name? Nothing catchy comes to mind at the moment...

George was a rescue! Was it a pitbull rescue? There are so many pets that need homes here, it gets a little sad. Lots of people surrendering their pets lately due to joblessness

Good news about the knee! Take care with it.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, my Georgie is from an AmStaff/Pitbull rescue. He was only five months old when I met him! Who could have gotten rid of such a darling puppers??

I've read about the problem the economy is creating for even more pet abandonment. I also read in the paper the other day that pounds and such are having an influx of Chihuahuas. People bought them like crazy to keep in their designer purses and cart around not realizing that these little guys have some issues you have to treat fearlessly and sensitively. Poor little geezers.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:22 AM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vanessa120
Stats: 189/130 size 2-4 5'4"
WOE: Low Carb Real Food
Start Date: Low Carb Since 2001
Quote:
Vanessa - you have been binge free for well over 100 days. What made the click for you?
Daisy,
I am sorry I missed this yesterday!

As of today, I have been on-plan 161 days and binge free for 161 days. I have been successful at staying true to my low carb plan through many birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, family gatherings etc. No going on or off or up and down on the scale. Why? Well first of all, my mindset from the get go was that this is the way I plan to eat for a lifetime (no diet mentality here). I wholeheartedly believe that low carb eating is the healthiest way to eat. I have read, read, read, read and am still reading everything I can. Secondly, binges can be triggered externally (stress, lack of sleep, etc.) and/or internally (hormones, brain chemistry, blood sugar, etc.) and becomes a cycle that is very hard to stop. Being aware of whats going on both outside and inside your body when a binge happens may help in warding them off. In my opinion eating low carb has saved me from myself! I am proud of myself for how far I have come and am confident but also know just one cookie and it's all over!

In thinking about you specifically Daisy, as of late, your body has been overloaded with both physical (surgery) and emotional stress (potential job loss). Binging, although may temporarily make you feel good, is also stress to your body, which continues the cycle. Stress is a fact of life. No way around it. So how can we strengthen your body to be more resilient? First of all, during times of both high physical and mental stress it is important to take in adequate calories (eating at maintenance), control insulin (low carbs) and get proper sleep (7-8 hrs). If I were you, that's exactly what I would do......and then re-evaluate in a week or so.

HTH!
I eat right, I exercise, I look good, I feel good, I weigh exactly what God wants me to weigh.

Last edited by Vanessa120; 02-25-2009 at 05:24 AM..
Vanessa120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

Come out, come out, wherever you are!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:43 AM   #640
Major LCF Poster!

{{Vanessa}}

Oh you don't know how much I needed to see a sweet face in my journal today! I am stressed beyond belief. The atmosphere at work is thick and toxic. I'm trying to hard to stay out of it and think on both ends of what could happen. The frustrating thing is how hard it is to control how your body is reacting to stress.

I was just on your blog and read the things that the frontal lobe is in charge of and holy crapinoli - mine is really on overload right now!

I am not sleeping; trying to, but just not. I have even resorted to taking Tylenol PM.

I have close friends that are helping me through all of this and Pupcake is being awesome.

I know I'm a very intuitive person and it's at times like these that I really wish I wasn't!

On the good news - my knee is so much better; amazingly better. Just like the doc said; healing takes 4-6 weeks.

<a href=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwdQ7ph/ target=_blank>
<a href=http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wwdQ7ph/weight.png target=_blank>http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...7ph/weight.png</a>
</a>
Old 02-27-2009, 05:54 AM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa120 View Post
As of today, I have been on-plan 161 days and binge free for 161 days. I have been successful at staying true to my low carb plan through many birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, family gatherings etc. No going on or off or up and down on the scale. Why? Well first of all, my mindset from the get go was that this is the way I plan to eat for a lifetime (no diet mentality here). I wholeheartedly believe that low carb eating is the healthiest way to eat. I have read, read, read, read and am still reading everything I can. Secondly, binges can be triggered externally (stress, lack of sleep, etc.) and/or internally (hormones, brain chemistry, blood sugar, etc.) and becomes a cycle that is very hard to stop. Being aware of whats going on both outside and inside your body when a binge happens may help in warding them off. In my opinion eating low carb has saved me from myself! I am proud of myself for how far I have come and am confident but also know just one cookie and it's all over!
Just like being an alcoholic isn't it? I do believe I'm this way myself. One bite and I'm off and running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa120 View Post
In thinking about you specifically Daisy, as of late, your body has been overloaded with both physical (surgery) and emotional stress (potential job loss). Binging, although may temporarily make you feel good, is also stress to your body, which continues the cycle. Stress is a fact of life. No way around it. So how can we strengthen your body to be more resilient? First of all, during times of both high physical and mental stress it is important to take in adequate calories (eating at maintenance), control insulin (low carbs) and get proper sleep (7-8 hrs). If I were you, that's exactly what I would do......and then re-evaluate in a week or so.[/FONT]
These are the two things that have really fallen for me this week. I haven't been hardly eating at all which is so strange; and I just cannot sleep.

Okay . . . I just need to get through the next few days as best I can. I find out on Monday and I do not want to have a meltdown in the mean time. Good grief! What a wuss.

Since my knee is better I am going down to my exercise room when I finish poking around in here and I am going to Nordic Track.

I have a GF coming for the weekend so that will be fun and distracting.

I have today off to get domestic, run errands, get ready for my GF. I feel so much better just writing in this journal right now and when I got up I called my closest BFF and she totally talked me down from the ledge.

I really am so blessed in my life.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:16 AM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Daisy,

I can imagine the atmosphere at work is awful.
Stress is so hard to combat. Hope you can sleep and eat soon.

Glad you have a distraction for the week-end.
speedymagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:50 AM   #643
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Oh Daisy,

I am sorry for all the stress in your life.

I am happy for you that your knee is better though! I am having some prolonged swelling in my first knee, but the second is getting better everyday! There were a few days last week where I didn't feel safe standing on both feet!

I hope you enjoy your friend.

Peace
Livywilltim-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:35 AM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

Monday morning drive by......have a good day!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

Hiya Daisy,

Just checking in. I think today was the day of the announcements at work. Sending hugs.

Did you get your Mac? If you have been off plan, on-off plan or on plan I hope you'll post.

sandy
Old 03-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

Well?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

I am still keeping my eyes on you Miss Daisy!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #648
Major LCF Poster!

Oooooh hugs to you guys!

Yes - I lost my job last Monday.

As Vanessa and Diane (HB) knows, there are steps of grief involved aren't there?

I am having a down day today. Only the second one of those. The day after being let go was the first. Then I got thinking on day 2. Angry on day 3. Had friends over on day 4.

Another down day today - but I'm working on setting up my new Mac (love it Sandy! love it!!) and transferring all my files onto it.

It's weird being home during the day.

I'm totally off the wagon. Ugh!

I am still in my jammies today and it's 1:30 in the afternoon! I have been up since 3:30 a.m. though. Yikes!

Pupcake is being amazing. Even today he said I'm still reeling and need to nurture myself. He is a sweet man. He and I have had several talks about our future. He has some good ideas about me changing what I do. I have some ideas about new creative paths to take and love his idea for he and I to partner in his biz. It could work.

Lots of thinking to do.

And I need to get back on track to feel better. I could start right this minute by drinking some water yes? I'm thirsty!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #649
Big Yapper!!!!

Aww Daisy,

I am sorry to hear about your job, but am a firm believer and have faith that "when God closes a door, another opens!" You and Pupcake will pray and listen to find the door.

Sending love and encouragement your way.

Peace
Old 03-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #650
Major LCF Poster!

I'm a big believer in that myself Jaimie. You see it time and again yes?

I haven't caught up on your journal yet. I'm in for some readin'!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

I just posted my food for the day. I feel a little icky. Not that many calories, but waaaaaay lots of carbs.

Water for the rest of the day.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #652
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Daisy,

I'm so sorry about the loss of the job.

Right now, there may be things you CAN'T change. So until a door opens for a new beginning, concentrate on the things you CAN change.

Your health, your fitness, your attitude, your spirit.

Rise above and make use of this extra time for introspection and your Second Act.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #653
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Daisy,

I'm so sorry about the loss of the job.

Right now, there may be things you CAN'T change. So until a door opens for a new beginning, concentrate on the things you CAN change.

Your health, your fitness, your attitude, your spirit.

Rise above and make use of this extra time for introspection and your Second Act.

I wish I could write like this, if I could, that's exactly what I would have said.

Glad you have lots of ideas and the pupcake sounds like he's got your back.

As the queen of being off the wagon, I found that focussing on one meal at a time helps. Eventually I got to two good meals in a row and then a day in a row...

Glad you're back!
sandy
Old 03-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #654
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tichatte
Stats: 220/148.2/142 5'7
WOE: LMH
Start Date: Nov 2006
Hey hun, hope all is well. I am sending u a PM so u know where I am at .
tichatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Got through a blue day; yay me!

This morning I have already had to deal with our kitty peeing on the bed, knocking over a wet plant into my couch, then finding a vase that he broke. I nearly broke him. My poor George (dog) came up to me while I was vacuuming the mess and licked my hands. He gets a little sad when I'm hollering at the cat.

I have forgiven Calvin - he is sleeping in his bed on my desk as I post. Maybe all the distractions are to get me out of my lazing about funk? I think so!

Feeling pretty good today even though it's gray and gloomy. I'll just turn on lamps and music. No TV! It's a time-sucker. I mean really - how many makeovers can one woman watch?? hehehe

I am off to the shower. I wish I could get ready in 30 minutes like dear Vanessa. I'm an hour girl. I have contentious hair! ha!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #656
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh you poor thing! What a way to start the day He's a lucky kitty that you are so forgiving

Have a Terrific Tuesday my friend!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #657
Major LCF Poster!

Smooches to you Jaimie.

Calvin does not have a clue that I wanted to boot his furry behind out the door.

Good thing about the nine lives thing yes?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:52 AM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

I am having a detox day today. Green tea, water. We'll see what else later.

I am back up to 198. Blerg.

Once again a new start.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #659
Major LCF Poster!

Detox day sounds good. I love green tea. I have trouble being moderate with just about everything and if I tried to do a detox day of green tea it would probably be ugly. I am thinking of doing a day of just protein, which is probably the opposite of detox...

Calvin oh Calvin, he is blissfully ignorant of the havoc he wreaks I suspect.

Fresh starts are always good!

sandy
Old 03-11-2009, 05:22 AM   #660
Big Yapper!!!!

Thinking of you today